Welcome to Gaia! ::

Smitten Kitten

User Image

User Image

Trees covered in ice, their bark bleached white, and leaves tinted blue. Grass frozen over, flowers blessed to stay eternally beautiful. Really the winter forest was a sight to behold, and so few actually had the opportunity to do so. Rialle was one of the few fae blessed enough to be able to travel in them at will. Since they were so close to the palace, they naturally were warded to keep out assassins and would-be intruders. They were an almost sacred place that Ria often used for clearing her mind. It needed clearing.

Ria had just enough time to get a light dusting of snow all over her, and place a blue Frost Bloom in her hair before the summons arrived for her. Time to go back already. The pixie looked at her expectantly and Ria sighed, giving the little creature a small smile. “Oh alright, I’m coming.” The pixie was insistant, obnoxiously so, but Ria only shook her head and smiled. The little buggers had a soft spot in her heart; otherwise she would have frozen it to a tree. The same went for most of the things that dwelt in the winter grounds.

Once back inside the familiar walls of the palace, Ria went on auto-pilot, letting her legs carry her while her mind flipped from idea to idea. She barely even registered when someone stepped out from a doorway in front of her, and was within a second of crashing into the male and making him drop a pile of breakable objects. A familiar scowl crossed her features…until she saw which fae she had nearly bumped, and she softened. The white haired boy was similar to the creatures that lives among the trees. He was small, shy sometimes, but sweet. His head was so often in the clouds. In many ways he was more wild than any other Winter Fae. That combined with his love for joking and pranks made people often wonder if there wasn’t just a little bit of Dark Court in him. But that was just who he was. And he was loyal to Winter, so Ria had, over a long period of time, grown to accept him as a ‘friend’.

“Be careful Jack.” She said gently, removing the flower in her hair and tucking it behind his ear. “Cleaning that mess would be annoying.” He gave a sparking, pure white grin and nodded.

“I’ll be careful.” He said before wandering off. Sure he would.

Finally she made it back to the private rooms of her Queen and she hesitated outside the door. She brushed some of the remaining snow off of herself and took a deep calming breath before entering the room and giving a curtsy to the two royal fae. “My Queen, you sent for me.” She said gently, not even glancing at Darren.

Eloquent Man-Lover

14,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
User Image
Aidenll Michael ll Summers

Echo brought up a good point. Two of their token girl-people were taking far longer than they should have. "I don't know anything about where they went... Maybe they ran?" Aiden said with a shrug. He wouldn't have blamed them, honestly. He pulled his iron weight from his pocket and latched it onto his wallet chain again as everyone seemed to gear up to leave.

"I'll just get some clothes real quick, I guess... Not much that I care about that's easy to move around." He ducked off into his room and pulled a duffel bag out from under his bed, shoving a few changes of clothes into it and some of his writing notebooks for safe-keeping. He even put a blank notepad in so that Adwyn could use it if he needed. He gave his bed one last look, the wrought iron spikes simultaneously intimidating and familiar.

As he was about to leave he heard a clang from the bed. One of the longer spikes had fallen off, the point seeming to gleam on the floor. "How did that happen..." He was sure the bed was still in perfect shape. He shrugged a bit and picked up the pole and stepped out of the room with his duffel. "I guess I found a weapon." The pole was just long enough to work as a sword, only thinner; more of a rapier.

Smitten Kitten

User Image

Danika Smythe

Last night I dreamed that I had seen...
The gate to the land of Faerie...

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

The plan had been agreed to, surprisingly. Abby added a few ideas of her own, and the two split ways. The fae following them, hopefully, didn’t know what to do. Abby went left, Dani went right. The brunette ducked down between some buildings and bolted through an alley. Soon enough the sign for second street came up and Danika turned sharply. There were people around, and a couple gave her sharp looks so she slowed her pace and slipped into a store. As far as she could tell the fae wasn’t following her, meaning that she had gone for Abby. Well damn, hopefully Abby was as tough as she seemed. For now she had to finish her part and pray that Abby was able to finish hers.

Unfortunately directions were not Danikas strong point. Instead of the next street being plaza like she had thought, it turned out to be Rosecrest. The street she had told Abby to turn on. Oh crap. Dani stood at the corner, staring up at the sign and realizing that she had possibly gotten both of them lost. “s**t s**t s**t. ******** Fae…damn mothman and his stupid faerie friends…” She grumbled and fumed for a moment, choosing to blame everything on the fae…because why not?

“Danika?” All color slowly drained from Dani’s face and she slowly turned to see concerned blue eyes staring down at her. Ah s**t. Roommate number one, with roommate number two heading towards them holding two coffees. Oh, coffee, now there was a good idea. Suddenly she was hyper aware of how disheveled she had become from running, and the fact that she had been running, and the dark circles forming under her eyes, and what she had just been muttering out loud.

There were only about two seconds left with which to come up with an excuse. One second. Time’s up. Dani took a step back away from the two and scratched at her arm nervously. “Uh, hey guys…sorry, in a bit of a rush…Uh…Bye.” Both mouths opened to say something but Danika bolted again, realizing full well how tweaky she looked right then. Ah well, she had bigger problems, and really what was the worst they could do? Lecture her? The horrors.

But I held back and entered not
Because I was too wary...

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Shy Friend

~*Abby O'Brien*~

Come away, oh human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faerie hand in hand

User Image
"Good idea," Abby muttered, stealing a glance over her shoulder before looking over at Danika. "Good luck." With that said, she turned sharply in the opposite direction as Danika, trying to remember the directions she'd been sent on. She wasn't much one for street names...landmarks, more so. But weird... She could've sworn the streets Danika had given her were opposite?

The redhead walked briskly down the sidewalk, hand on her switchblade. Occasionally she would steal a glance in shop windows, hoping to catch a glimpse to see if the faerie was following her. And it seemed she was-of course. She let out a sigh, shaking her head before realization struck her. She was currently at the corner...yeah, she recognized this place. There was a hotel with a parking deck further along down the block. Parking decks had cars, cars were made with iron, right? Hell, the deck itself was no doubt built with iron.

I got this... she thought, hurrying down the sidewalk and making a turn into the parking deck. Let's see how well the faerie on her tail would be able to follow after being surrounded by iron and steel. Icing on the cake? Find an elevator, she could take that up into the hotel and go from there. She couldn't think of anything that would make someone sensitive to iron more uncomfortable than being trapped inside a steel box for any length of time.

For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand...

Romantic Noob

7,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me

Darren had no choice but to keep his anger and annoyance in check, especially towards his mother. "All these secrets... they will destroy this Court one day," he mumbled to himself. His attention was drawn to the female fae when she entered the room, and he couldn't help but turn to her fully, bowing his head to her in greeting. He still couldn't believe his consort was not only fae, but a member of his own Court. Darren had to admit she was beautiful, looking every bit the Winter fae she was, even without wings, and he knew first hand how powerful she was. It sent a little thrill up his spine just thinking about it.

And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Romantic Noob

7,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
Born of cold and winter air

And mountain rain combining...

Descarus was honestly a little surprised at that. "Wait, Darren got his a** kicked by that little pipsqueak? Wow, I honestly didn't know she had it in her. I guess appearances are not as they seem sometimes. I am sure he'll be fine though, probably have a scar, but otherwise fine. Like I said, I've seen him go through worse, so I have no doubt he's already up and on his feet," he stopped when Zysses started talking, and he turned to stare at his friend. Not only had he just revealed that some of them had found their consort human matches, but he had as good as admitted what he was doing with illegal fae magic and bringing his brother back to life. 'Wow, and people think I say stupid s**t...' He felt the need then to try to cover for the idiot Dark fae, feeling it necessary to protect as many secrets as possible. "A hunt actually sounds quite enjoyable. I agree that it has been awhile. Not an activity we have a chance to enjoy much anymore."

This icy force both foul and fair

Has a frozen heart worth mining

Dapper Explorer

12,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image
Echo Ver, Your Spring princess.

User Image

Echo stood on the sidewalk outside the apartment. Liam and Aiden stood next to her and she was at a loss of what to do. They could not leave without Abby and Dani but they also could not stay where they were. She chewed on her lower lip as she tried to come up with a plan for the problem she'd been having since that damn pixie had arrived. "Pixies!' She muttered to herself. Moments later four pixies popped into existence next to Echo. A bright yellow pixie buried herself in Echo's hair. "Lady Echo! You called and we came! See? See how quick we are!" She babbled as she started to twist Echo's hair. Dil's attention was caught by Liam. "Oh! Hi Liam." A dark purple pixie rolled her eyes. "Hiya Lady Echo." She said smiling brightly. One dressed in white plopped herself on Echo's shoulder and an pink one on her left. "Alright. I'm looking for two humans. One is dark haired and fair. She is called Dani. The other is red headed and called Abby. Both look about my age and I'm certain their gaze will linger on you. I want you to each go in different directions. Vi and Dil will go that way." She said pointing. "And Briar I want you and Cin to go the opposite way. Tell them to return to the coffee place we initially met." The pixies all nodded and fluttered off. "Okay, to the coffee place. I would like another campfire thing. Also..." She said turning so she could see Liam as they walked. "How did Dil know you?" She asked.

The pixies fluttered off. Dil got ahead of Violet and began twisting in the air as she flew. "It's so weird in this part of the human world. Everything tastes so yucky." She complained. Violet nodded. "I agree. But Lady Echo needs us." Soon they spotted Dani as she bumbled through the awkward encounter with her housemates. "You think that's her?" Dil asked. Violet shrugged. "Let's find out!" Violet flew down and fluttered in front of her face. "Are you Dani?" She asked lightly, Dil landed atop her head and turned upside down so she was hanging in Dani's face. "Hulllooo!" She greeted brightly.

Briar and Cin flew in perfect unison. They spent so much time together it was hard not to. They chattered but for the most part kept their focus on the mission at hand. The sooner they found one of these girls the easier it would be. They saw a red head and sped up to catch up. She was very quick. Briar flew in front of her face. "Excuse me. Are you Abby? Lady Echo sent us."

&-----I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so [********' heroic.-----&
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Dapper Explorer

12,575 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

Lilith of the Winter Court

Mother knows best. Listen to your mother.

The queen looked between the two in front of her. How odd it was to her that Ria would be Darren's match but the universe had a way of creating weird things. "As I said. I would like you two to start spending your time together. Getting to know each other and what not. Ria I know you remember what I asked." The queen created a necklace with a snowflake pendant and handed it to her. "Here's how you can contact me." It was a quite a thing, the queen giving someone something they could use to contact her. "Keep it on you at all times." She turned her attention to her son. "I suggest you stay away from you little...playmate." She warned. "Now leave me."

User Image

Smitten Kitten

The necklace was probably a small thing to Lilith. A moments thought and the barest hint of magic to create. But for Ria it was everything. A gift from the Queen, to assist her a mission. And best of all, it was a snowflake, which she was naturally partial towards. Ria took the necklace and stared at it for a few long moments while Lilith continued to speak. It was hard to reply for a moment, so Ria simply nodded. Moisture formed in the corners of her eyes, but she froze it before actual tears were able to form.

"Yes my Lady." The corners of her mouth curved up in a small smile as she cursed to her beloved Queen and left the room in a hurry, excited to put the necklace on.

Ria leaned against the wall outside and attached the thin chain around her neck. The pendant rested just above the curve of her chest, and the chill of it against her skin gave her tingles. She couldn't stop playing with it, running her fingers over the surface.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff