Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

User Image

"Let the next Akehurian Congregation commence." Gilsi announced in a small room. They stood on some sort of floating incantation, with several under it to keep it afloat. Gilsi, Elias, and the other four members of the Akehurian Congregation stood around in a circle. The location of this place was kept secret from outside sources and even the members of the congregation couldn't really tell where this was. The only time the Congregation appeared before anyone was when they needed to decide someone's sentence. Today, however, was much different. It seemed that today they were called to this place because the Dark Guilds around the world were beginning to grow out of hand. Their eldest member, the Master Diviner of Light, pulled them together because things were going wrong now and it needed to be stopped.

"I apologize for calling you all here on such short notice," The man spoke with his normal grisly voice. Clearing his throat, the others simply looked at each other. Gilsi was the most interested in what the old man had to say. It wasn't often they did this but whenever they did, it was always a matter of importance. "But as you all know, the Dark Guilds in Flurutus--more appropriately Egradus-- are starting to become a very serious problem. Dark Guilds are very sneaky in that they hide their own Akehurian Power from us, but strike when they iron is hot. For once, however, one of the Dark Guilds has slipped up and some of our outside sources say they may have found one of the original ones. If not the completely original one." The old man looked up to Gilsi, whom was once known to ride with them when he was younger. Gilsi looked back at the old man and his vision did not deter but instead, became much more serious than before. "We all know which Dark Guild I speak of. Amor Fati, the original Dark Guild, has finally re-surfaced. Now, most of us are Guild Masters of our own Guild, so I ask that one of us step forward to take care of this. I also ask that none of the Akehurian Congregation go with whatever team they pick. If things get out of hand, we will need to all be here to take care of this mission. So, which one of you will take this chance and step forward?"

The choice was clear from the moment the old man decided to bring this up. Gilsi almost immediately raised his hand and said, "My Guild members will take this quest. I understand that most of my members are quite young but I have faith in them. They're part of my guild, after all." Gilsi's serious face turned to his normal lax one and he had his trademark smile on his face. The old man nodded and said, "I can not deny your strength or your Guild's strength, Gilsi. I will leave this in you and your Guild's hands. Please, do not fail us. If Amor Fati is destroyed, then many of the other Guilds that they command will fall with it. I hope to see great results from you, Gilsi. Everyone else will be on standby from this point on." The Congregation was then adjourned and Gilsi returned to his Guild. Stepping into his Guild Hall, some of the members came to greet him. He walked all the way to some stairs, and then turned around to look down on everyone on the lower level, many of his Guild members feeling that he was being serious for some reason. "So, after being in the Congregation, I have tried to hide some things from everyone. Even from you, my Guild members, and I see now that has been a mistake. Today, the Congregation has agreed that the Dark Guilds are getting out of hand. Specifically, one of the strongest Dark Guilds out there... I am sure you have all heard its name before. Does Amor Fati ring any bells?" The whole room instantly felt tense. Amor Fati... Even independent Diviners have heard of that before. Gilsi could feel it, and so, he immediately put to rest any fears... Well, not really. "Yes, that Dark Guild. An extremely dangerous one and... the Congregation and I have agreed for us to handle it. Since I was once a part of that Guild, it is my responsibility. That's right. I'm going to be sending three powerful Diviners from this Guild to handle the situation. And before you even offer assistance, I have already selected the three." He wasn't going to downplay this issue like it wasn't anything. He wanted people to realize that this was going to be dangerous and the three that he chose were to be people that would truly make their Guild powerful and very well known. Not to mention that the people that he had in mind had to be amazingly strong people to take down a Dark Guild by themselves.

A lot of people spoke at the same time, asking questions like, "Seriously? We can't even choose?" and saying things like, "I hope it's not me..." A lot of people were scared to take this quest on. After all, it seemed only a quest fit for only the most powerful in the Guild. Gilsi had another three in mind. Not to say that they weren't powerful, he just didn't want their most powerful to do this. He wanted three with more potential than that. Running his eyes over everybody, he walked back down to the first level and cleared his throat. "Yes, I have chosen my three. Be aware that I believe in everybody but these three are definitely the most capable for this mission. The three I have chosen are... Jerico Ziote, Evelina Inoue, and Long Shu An. I have faith in all of you guys, and I can say without a doubt that you're the most capable team for this Quest. One of you I have even personally trained and oversaw. You've worked well together before so you can do this. You may leave whenever the three of you are ready." Gilsi walked back up to the second floor and disappeared into the darkness up there, snapping his fingers to give them an instant map inside of their heads, leaving everyone to go in an uproar in what and who he just selected.

tab tab tab location: His Guild Hall with: His Guild Members ooc: --

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

User ImageUser Image

The day had honestly pretty boring. Jerico didn't normally say things like this because well... He was grateful for the life he lived now. He got to live with his mother and on top of that, did Quests for the Guild everyday so they afford some sort of living in the house they had. It was strange that they never had any problems with anything. They always seemed to live comfortably even though Jerico wasn't that highly ranked in the Guild. He never questioned it because he was just that type of person. He didn't want to say something he might regret and so, he kept his mouth shut when it came to things like that. Jerico was partially a push-over but when he needed to get things done, he did it. He never really questioned the Master's orders in the Guild because he owned it. It was becoming more and more rewarding for him just to follow the Master's orders. Gilsi always seemed to have the right things to say and he always seemed to have the answers. However, this time, was the only time that Jerico ever thought about what he said.

He came into the Guild looking much more serious than normally and of course, this sort of frightened Jerico. He started to speak to him but he simply smiled at him and bowed. He owed Gilsi a lot up to this point and he was grateful for someone so powerful as a Guild Master. On his arm, he wore the sun symbol for the Guild proudly. He appreciated all the people he had met and the friends he had made. Even though the team that Jerico was a part had just recently formed as being official, he was glad to have a team now too. On top of that, he got to know Shu really well by doing Quests with her too. Eve was someone... kind of scary but he liked her too. He was happy to be a part of a team with them, like he said. This time though... was this such a good idea? Jerico's eyes were still wide, completely surprised at Gilsi choosing them for this. It was obvious that the three weren't the most powerful in the Guild. Maybe he picked them because they had a lot of potential? If so, where the hell was all this potential? Jerico, Eve, and Shu had scraped it out with some strong enemies but... never like this. But before Jerico could protest, Gilsi disappeared, leaving the whole Guild to talk about what was going to happen. A guy came over to them and asked, "So, are you guys gonna do it?"

Jerico looked to his teammates for guidance but there was none. So, he sighed, and even though he was unsure of how this would turn out, and said, "Yeah, man. We don't really have a choice. Master chose us for a reason. We have to do this mission and with gusto." The guy patted him on his back and said, "Alright, you three. Be careful and come back alive." Jerico smiled at him, appreciating what he said. The guy walked away and Jerico stood up, and stretched. "Well... I guess we gotta go, right? Do you guys need to go back to your houses to get anything? If not, let's get going as soon as possible." He was already starting regret the fact that he had taken this day for granted.

tab tab tab location: The Gilsi Guild Hall with: Shu and Eve ooc: --

Terence_Teddy's Kouhai

Familiar Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                        Evelina had joined the guild so that she had someplace to stay. Spreading her wings and going out and starting a life for her own was good and all, but it was kinda hard to do if you didn't have anywhere to go. If she were to be honest (which she rarely was) she didn't actually have any interest in bettering the guild. She didn't really care about quests, about helping others, about working together...It just wasn't really her thing. Evelina was the sort of girl to do things on her own. She was also the sort of girl to rob you blind, con you out of all of your money, but neither of those were things you could do with a group. Those weren't really 'guild approved activities'.

However, Evelina was a smart girl, and knew that going around parading those things about her, or refusing to go on jobs when she was asked, was probably going to get her kicked out. If that happened, where would she go? Back to the bandits? Okay, truth be told, she did actually miss them a lot. She would have loved to go back and visit everyone, but she couldn't do that. She had to make a name for herself first.

She needed to scrape together enough money to maybe...well, buy her own house, for starters. Then she could quit the guild, and do something better, and more worth her time. Something like, say...Create her own guild. Of people willing to steal for her. Thieves. Criminals...Okay, scratch that whole 'guild' thing. She just wanted to run her own group of bandits. That would certainly impress the people back home.

She had gone on a few little missions with people before, and she always did...well, at least the bare minimum of work. It was difficult to work with others, especially when she was trying to keep the nature of her akehura a secret. It was just a little bit harder than normal to convince people her akehura could harm them when her teammates' own akehura was going right through it. She had to try and keep it away from them too, while also keeping her distance from whoever they were fighting, and the whole thing was just much more difficult than it needed to be.

Now, it looks like she was chosen again, for whatever reason. Shutting down some ultimate evil guild sounded like...maybe something the actual congregation should take care of themselves? Weren't they supposed to be like, extremely powerful? They were leaving this up to three regular guild members?

"Nope, I don't need anything. I'm all ready to go," Evelina said with a salute. She wasn't sure this was a good idea, but she wasn't nervous either. Should things go badly, and they ended up overpowered, she could always run away. She didn't know Jerico or Shu very well, even if they had worked together before, and couldn't say she had any real attachments to them. She would absolutely be willing to leave them behind in order to save herself.

"I wonder why we were chosen...Well, actually, I'm not too surprised. I am known far and wide for my skills, after all," She greatly exaggerated, with an equally exaggerated hair flip to go along with it. "Still, isn't it a bit odd that they're sending us to go do this? I've heard bad things about this place...Wouldn't it be a better bet to send those powerful congregation people to go do this? Isn't their whole 'thing' that they're super powerful? Why can't they do it themselves?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Oh well. But I agree, we should head out as soon as possible! The sooner we get rid of this menace, the better!" She spoke with a large, entirely faked smile. She did want to get this over with, true, but not for the good of the people. She wanted to finish up this quest quickly, so that she could return to actually making a profit with the shows she put on.

location: Guild Hall with: Jerico and Shu ooc: -

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image
                                                                  User Image
                                                                  ❝Hurt me, beat me, but know that I will rise to take you down!❞

Half-Dragon
                                                                  Metal | Ice
                                                                  Guild: Gilsi
                                                                  Theme Song:What I'm Made Of

In this rain of betrayal, treachery and fear
                                                                  ________________________________________________________________________________

The day had started normally, well, as normally as possible for the extremely strong girl. She had broken windows, check. Destroyed a wall, check. Squished a tomato so hard it burst in her hands, check. Her incredible strength and speed wasn't helping her at all, and Shu had been facing problem holding it down. Sighing, Shu entered the guild room, wondering what to do. She had been going in a couple of missions with Jericho recently, and she was getting closer to her guildmates. Though, her strength did scare them sometimes. Wringing her hands, she made her way to the room, tossing a meatbun she had bought before then.

The guild master appeared, and Shu sank her teeth into the meatbun. Chewing it slowly, she heard her name and mission, and choked. Coughing, she stared as Gilsi disappeared. What? What? WHAT?! Shu coughed and hack, dislodging the piece of meatbun. She was sent on a mission to get rid of a dark guild. She wasn't even the strongest ones! Well, Jericho, she was comfortable with. Evelina... not so much. She made her way over to them, munching once again on her meatbun.

"So.... shall we get going? Come on, the dark guild isn't going to wait for us to wreck havoc!" Shu shrugged, finishing her meatbun. Turning to the door, she pressed her hands on the feeble piece of wood, blasting it open with a bit of her own strength. Gesturing to the open space, she smiled cheeringly. Time to go!
                                                                  ________________________________________________________________________________

Taking a bow, smiling and cheering, hiding away my tears

Current Location: Guild
                                                                  Companions:Jericho, Evelina
                                                                  HP: 100%
                                                                  Current Activity: Interaction

Kawaii Bookworm

17,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
"I'm gonna kick it up a notch,"

Tamarind "Tansy" Hamelin
aka, The Renegade Knight of Whimsy

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

With a skip in his step, a young man in a ruddy coat with torn off sleeves and a thistle shaded scarf was singing his way down the road as he held his spear over his shoulders. It was a silly, stupid little song he was making up by himself, based on things he was passing by. If a man happened to be walking down the road with a striped sweater, he might even start singing about how the best time to wear a striped sweater was all the time. Walking down the simple dirt road, at first glance, given the way he skipped along as he sang his silly tune, one might have thought he was alone. And while Tansy wasn't the sharpest knife in the crayon box, when he got his eight hours he was pretty damn perceptive. Well, that and years of being followed, chased, and having angry fathers chase him down for taking their daughter's virtue, he was pretty aware of when people were following him. And people were following him.

Again, it wasn't unusual. In fact, he rather looked forward to it. He was getting bored. And if there was one thing Tansy could claim to hate, it was being bored. Well, and his brother. He hated his brother's guts, the stuck up nerd. But yeah, he was getting bored, and if these guys were after a tussle (which they most likely were), he'd give them a tussle! It was a perfect distraction from his never ending battle with the demon beast known as Boredom. But he was tired of them following him, he just wanted them to pop out already so he could kick their butts. So he stopped, his lyrics suddenly changing to "Well craaaap, looks like my boooots are unlaaaaced~" as he knelt down.

He finally heard the soft step of footsteps trying to be quiet on dry grass behind him. Tansy resisted the urge to cackle. He could already tell the type of weenies he'd be dealing with - if they had any sort of brains at all they would have noticed his boots didn't even have laces. One of them lunged at him, and he rolled off to the side before his would be captor could land on him. He picked himself up quickly enough, his spear at the ready, and just in time for the second man to charge at him with sword in hand. Pfft, what a dumbass! The blade of his spear up turned the blade of the man's sword away from him. The man was too surprised to react in time, charging right into spearman who just quickly elbowed him right in the face. That would keep that guy distracted for a little bit, which was good as the guy who had tried to jump him earlier charged him, to which Tansy simply thrust Toothpick backwards, the butt hitting the man. From the "OOOOOPH" that he heard, he was willing to bet it was a gut hit. That guy was done after a hit that hard. The guy with the bloody face still wasn't done, though. That guy, he could tell, was seeing red. Whatever earlier motivation they had for chasing him down was gone, apparently, that guy just wanted to see blood. But he wasn't dumb enough to charge wildly at him again as long as Tansy had his spear on hand.

A goofy grin came upon Tamarind's face then, as he began to tap his foot to a beat and he began to sing,"A sheep has left the fold, hoofbeats go a trottin', trottin~ ♪" But it wasn't a normal song - well, it was a normal song, but there was a little bit of power he'd inserted into the lyrics. His opponent growled and was about to charge again at his impudent signing, but the man stopped, spinning around wildly as if he'd heard something behind him. He hadn't, but Tamarind may have made it seem like he did. And that was all he needed to kick the man straight the back, pushing him down and then quickly slapping the flat of his spear's blade against the man's head roughly to daze him.

With a final victorious cackle he stepped back and admired his work. One man groaning and clutching his stomach as he rolled on the floor, the other face first in the dirt and likely with a ringing head. "Kekekekeke," the cackle he picked up the Primus Guild Diviners had never left. "That was fun! Let's make a date of it next time, though, kay, boys?" And his cackle turned into a hearty laugh. It was too bad he couldn't do much banter during that fight, though. A part of him wanted to know why these guys had been after him - was it for the bounty on Pantson Fire? Or Snapstick McOo? What about Tic Tac Tsu? Nah, they looked more like they'd be after Eight Finger Charlie (even though he did, in fact, have all ten fingers). Oh well. At least he wasn't bored anymore. He felt he could go on his merry way again. So he picked up where his first tune left off, "There's a squirrellllllllllll running throooooough those big ol' treeeeeeeesssss~" And he continued onwards.

[Location: He's off on the road to Qutai Veldt ♪]
[OOC: ]

"What's the point of less when there's more?"

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                                        User Image
                                                                                        ❝There is no true Pure Evil. There is always a bit of Good underneath.❞

Half-Dragon
                                                                                        Light | Healing
                                                                                        Guild: NIL
                                                                                        Theme Song:Endless Possibilities

Washing away the sins of the world, blessing them with colors with a twirl
                                                                                        ____________________________________________________________

A wind blew past the white-claded man, and his hair flew past his face. Making his way through the woods, the boy coughed a little and gripped his tome tighter. Whispering a few words, the man hummed a tune that he had heard since he was a child. Walking through the woods, he heard voices. Singing, even. His sharp ears picked them up, and he paused, focusing his sight and moving to remain out of view. There stood three men, one suddenly stooping down to tie... wait, his shoes had no laces. What was he talking about?

The man stood there silently in confusion, before witnessing a tussle in front of him. Oh. That's... it must have hurt the both of them. As the man got up to leave, the pale face of this man walked out of the bushes, opening his tome and muttering, "Gift of Light...." the two men were healed of their injuries, though the aftermath was still there. Stoopping down, he placed a hand over their eyes, watching them as they groaned to get up. When they did, he let go of their eyes and smiled.

The white man seemed to scared the crap out of the other two men, seemingly thinking that he was a ghost. Fleeing the way he came, the white man scratched his white hair. Years playing with light had left him pale as snow, so no wonder people mistook him for a ghost. He heard the tune again, and turned to see the brunette. A squirrel upon the branches? "I'm sorry, sir, but there are no squirrels on the branches. They are currently looking for food, in the deepest part of the forest. Is there a squirrel I cannot see?"

Show them the light for the end of the tunnel, leading them away from trouble

Current Location: On the way to Qutai Valdt
                                                                                        Companions: Tamarind

Terence_Teddy's Kouhai

Familiar Prophet

User Image
User Image

She had been trailing them for awhile now.

Alyssa needed an army, and if she was going to have even a chance, she needed the strongest people she could find. The two bounty hunters had seemed promising. They had walked with confidence, and she could tell just by looking at them that they were quite strong. Alyssa wasn't going to make any decisions until she saw them in action, but they had grabbed her attention. When they set out, so did she, making sure to keep her distance and remain unseen

It soon became apparent, that her attention had not been on the right people. She watched with an unchanging expression as the two men were taken down by their target, without much of a fight. She stood in her spot behind the trees, taking a moment to reason whether the bounty hunters were incompetent, or their target was just exceptionally skilled. For the moment, she couldn't be sure.

But it was worth investigating. She could try and recruit him, and see where things went. If he proved himself, she'd keep him along. If not, she'd just leave him somewhere, and continue her search. Alyssa was about to step forward and introduce herself, but yet another man, with unnaturally white hair, had entered the scene as well. He used some sort of akehura on the bounty hunters, which Alyssa assumed was a form of healing akehura, based on how quickly they got up.

She waited a moment longer, listening to the white haired man speak. Regardless of how odd he seemed, healing abilities were useful. Alyssa wasn't certain how common that sort of akehura was, but she knew that since coming here, she had yet to see it. It would be so useful. She could already picture herself storming back into the castle stolen from her, driving out the bandits, and healing her people who had been wrongly hurt.

She stepped forward, finally. "Excuse me," She spoke with a clear and authoritative tone. Once closer to them, she bowed. Oddly enough, her crown remained in place. "I am Princess Alyssa Leonardson, of the Fall Isles," Her home island was small, and soon after coming to the mainland, she had learned was not widely known either. "I'm searching for competent Diviners to assist me in reclaiming my kingdom," Alyssa was the type to always get to the point. There was no need to beat around the bush. "The two of you seem skilled...Is there any chance I could convince you to eventually lend me your aid?"

location: Heading towards Qutai Veldt with: Tamarind and Lucio ooc: this post is a disaster i'm so sorry. its early and i'm exhausted but i wanted to get a post up before i end up busy

Enable Llamas's Senpai

Adorable Leaf

User ImageUser Image

As he thought, neither of them had to head home for anything. Good. That would totally give him an even bigger reason not to go back home. Honestly, been given the mission to actually do this was kind of unsettling. He didn't have any problem doing it but he hoped that they wouldn't have to come across anybody who was an actual threat until they got there. Not that Jerico was a coward, he just preferred not to show his power to the enemy. Sighing when Eve spoke, he almost rolled his eyes hard as hell. Eve was always so proud of the abilities that she had and not that it was a bad thing, it just got kind of... old. It was clear to both Shu and himself that Eve was the weakest member of their group. Both of them had the ability to use Dragon Diviner Akehura and he knew for a fact that was more powerful than her illusions. The one thing that made them more superior was if the enemy could realize that her illusions were real, then Shu and Jerico could attack with some finishing blows. They had normally been their battle plan whenever he was around, he didn't know about when they were sent alone or without him. Ever since Gilsi had recognized them as one of the more powerful teams in the Guild, he felt proud of what he was doing for the Guild and what he was going to do for them. He believed that Shu felt the same way but he wasn't too sure about what Eve felt.

Looking at her, he nodded and said, "I was thinking the same thing. The Congregation is more than capable of taking down this Dark Guild. There must have been a reason for that. The Congregation is a powerful source of righteous energy and if they fall, this whole world would lose their mind and fall into chaos. I hate admitting that but it's true. The Akehurian Congregation, other than people like Master Floros, all have Guilds of their own too. I suppose Gilsi being part of Amor Fati at some point immediately gave him the obligation to take it down. Or maybe he suggested this. We'll never know, but you're right on what you said. If the Master chose us, that must mean we're a pretty strong team!" He didn't want to let this go to his head like it did Eve but he felt stronger just saying. Plus, every Quest was a thing for him to move forward when it came to attaining that white flame. He had worked hard to get even possibly close to that, and he wasn't going to let it fall now. As he looked to Shu, his eyes widened when she blasted the door open. "Shu... No, don't do that to the Guild Hall's door!" Jerico chased after Shu and caught up with her. Walking a bit farther into the distance, he closed his eyes and tried to get a clear picture of the map that Gilsi put in their heads. Chances were, that they were going to get in trouble for that door later but right now, it wasn't much of their problem. They needed to get going. Once it was clear that he saw it in his head, and realized it was in the canyon that was around the Blackfen Railroad. They needed to be careful, because that was practically the Dark Guild hiding place. Many Dark Guilds were rumored to be there.

Jerico led his team, quickly making it outside of the city. Blackfen Railroad may have been between Qutai Veldt and Gabizar Highlands but it was still pretty far away. Heading down the road, he figured they might as well make their way there at their own pace. "So... do you guys think we'll be able to do this?" Jerico did not stop walking but he definitely wasn't too sure. "This is an exceptionally dangerous Quest. I hope we can work well together." Just as Jerico said this, as they passed down the road towards the Railroad, he heard something in the distance. It wasn't too far away but since there were many different trees around them, they could be coming from any of them. Jerico turned to his left and charged up, his signature flame covering his body. As a masked person came flying out of the trees, like Jerico had expected, he charged forward and smashed into the person, throwing them into a tree and several trees behind them. "Fire Dragon Smash!" His tail swayed in the wind, as his flame died down from his body. "Looks like we're about to be attacked. We should probably move. If they trap us, we'll fight them for sure." Jerico rushed both Eve and Shu along so they could find some place to hide. He looked around and could hear them from pretty much all around them. This was not going to be easy at all.

tab tab tab location: On the way towards the Blackfen Railroad with: Shu and Eve ooc: answer

Kawaii Bookworm

17,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
User Image
"I'm gonna kick it up a notch,"

Tamarind "Tansy" Hamelin
aka, The Renegade Knight of Whimsy

Well apparently, there was more than just those couple of loser bounty hunters he just beat up. Tansy had just sung his verse about a squirrel when he felt the niggling sensation that there were still folk around. Turning on his heel to look back, he saw he was right. This time there was an all white fella there. Pretty cute, but a little too young, he'd thought. But he was doing... something to those guys. Goofy grin still on his face, he just watched, wondering why this guy was helping them. He knew akehura when he saw it, after all. He may not have known all the fancy particulars of what the white fella was doing but he knew it was helpful. But he let out a cackle when the men awoke and were startled by their healer, running off like little doggies with their tails in between their legs. But if the fellow was bothered by the men running off, he didn't seem to care at all. If he was a threat at all, he wasn't being obvious about it. In fact, he seemed to care more about the inaccuracy of Tansy's lyrics, which turned the bounty hunter's cackle into a bark of laughter. "Haha! You're right, no squirrels there that I could see but it seemed like the thing to say! I like squirrels; they're cute as all hell with those fluffy little tails!" But he didn't get to banter much about squirrels before another surprising person came along.

The girl that walked right up to them with an authoritarian gait, pretty outfit and a crown on her ale hair - the kind of face that said 'I'm in charge here, got it?' Her first two words of 'excuse me' screamed at him that this little lady here was high class. Not that low class people didn't say excuse me, but it was how she said it. And sure enough, his guesses were confirmed when she introduced herself as a princess, and she was lookin' for competant diviners to help out her struggling little kingdom that he'd never heard of before. His grin just widened every so slightly. A princess, eh? A couple of years ago he met a prince... ah, such bittersweet memories there... But a princess? Nah, never one of those. But he let out another cackle, because he couldn't resist over her words. "Kekeke, I don't know much about anything regarding me being competent or whatnot; can't claim to know much about reclaiming lost kingdoms either, but you'd be needing a bit more than two people for that, right? Scouting for random folk out in the woods seems a bit slow going for that. A pretty little gal like you could definitely get more of a following in the city."

Certainly he couldn't claim to have had any sort of conversation with this girl - nothing to give him any sort of inkling as to who or what she was aside from what she already said and his guesses regarding her personality. Same thing for Whitey nearby. Both of them he'd concluded, were kind of funny. So he liked them. Yes. He liked these two that he just met and really knew nothing about. "Man, I'm lucky! It ain't often I run into two interesting people at once!" With no prompting, he sang aloud with a passionate hand splaying on his chest, "♪ Along the road I meet, a gal that might send me into heat; a fella all white that don't seem to have a hint of spite; how will I fare with this unusual pair~ ♪" Perhaps very rudely, but he found himself not caring, he edged up to the princess, bumping his shoulder to hers, and saying again in a sing song fashion, "That's my way of sayin' I find ya pretty interestin'. Hopefully your adventure won't lull, cause I'd hate to be bored out my skull. So for the moment you can count me in, the ever so wonderful Tansy Hamelin. I ain't a sissy, but your personal Knight of Whimsy~♪" Because why not? It wasn't as if he had anything better to do.

[Location: On a road Qutai Veldt with Lucio and Alyssa]
[OOC: I present to you the musical stylings of Tamarind Hamelin everyone. Try not to throw too much rotten cabbage at him.]

"What's the point of less when there's more?"

Terence_Teddy's Kouhai

Familiar Prophet

User ImageUser Image
                                        Evelina giggled at Shu's enthusiasm, despite herself. Destruction of property was funny! She didn't particularly like anything that even remotely made her warm up to others though, so she silenced her laughter about as quickly as it came.

She followed after Jerico, taking up the rear as they walked. If asked, she'd probably come up with some excuse like, 'it's safer this way', or 'I can keep watch easier from here', but in reality she just liked to lag behind in case things got too bad, so she could run away. Evelina's abilities were usually convincing enough to get her through most fights, and since being with the guild she had yet to abandon any of her teammates, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

She hummed quietly as she followed, holding her hands together behind her back. She was getting some bad vibes about this whole quest. It just seemed reckless and irresponsible to send them. Why were they cleaning up after the guild leader's mess? She would dare utter such a thing around the others, but her thoughts were consumed by the implications of it all. Why did Gilsi think it was okay to send them to do his work? Wasn't this dark guild his problem? Why not take care of it himself?

Maybe it was a trap? She stopped in her tracks. Evelina wasn't one for conspiracy theories, but what if...What if Gilsi had found out about her? What if he knew she was just using the guild as shelter until she had enough money saved up to go out on her own again? What if he was aware of her...more shady activities? The thieving, the conning...Maybe he was luring her out to some impossible mission, hoping she'd die. Maybe Jerico and Shu were in on it. They had always seemed to trust each other more than they trusted her...

She shook her head, and laughed out loud. Uhhh, that was all way too ridiculous to be real! No way had anybody caught on to her! She was way too smart to slip up like that! Gilsi was just being lazy and sending them, or whatever. She didn't need to know his intentions, she just needed to get this over with so that they could all go back home.

When they were attacked, it had only been for a moment, and Jerico took care of them quickly. Evelina quickly followed him, and she hear, or maybe sense, the presence of others. "I can cause a distraction, so you two can go on ahead," She offered. "Or, I could probably disguise all three of us. I can't change our appearances, but I might be able to copy whats behind us, and place an image of it in front...Uh, does that make sense?" Now maybe wasn't the time to laugh, but she did so anyway. "Whatever you think is best, leader-guy. I don't know how many are around us, but I think I can cause a big enough distraction to get most of their attention. You and Shu could keep going, and once you're far enough away, I can slip past them and catch up. Or we stick together or....Or you have some other plan entirely and I'm just rambling off bad ideas?"

location: Heading for Blackfen Railroad with: Jerico and Shu ooc: -

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
                                                                                        User Image
                                                                                        ❝There is no true Pure Evil. There is always a bit of Good underneath.❞

Half-Dragon
                                                                                        Light | Healing
                                                                                        Guild: NIL
                                                                                        Theme Song:Endless Possibilities

Washing away the sins of the world, blessing them with colors with a twirl

The man shrugged and smile. It was true, squirrels were cute. Really cute. He could remember the time he had to babysit a couple of them. Annoying, playful and sneaky fellows. A nostalgic expression passed his race, before his blue eyes focused on the brunette. That was when a female entered the scene. Surprised, the man stood and stared, wondering who in the world the female was. As the female addressed them, the man had a feeling of being in a pack, and the woman was the Alpha. Funny. He had been away from home for too long. Alpha. What a funny name.

The woman introduced herself as Alyssa Leonardson of the Fall Isle. What? The man looked confused, as she continued. A princess? What was that? The man remained silent. She spoke of fighting to reclaim land, something rightfully hers. A pack? Oh, maybe... the man tilted his head. she was forming a pack to claim territory? It was not often females did that, well, not the ones he had been with. This was surprising! The brunette started to speak, of things he did not know. What? Army? Huh? What is this... word? Is it food? The man remained silent as they spoke, until the brunette started to sing. Tansy Hamelin. Huh. The man nodded, before pointing to himself in confusion. His turn?

Turning to Princess, he walked forward before bending down to her, his eyes closed and taking a deep breath. He did the same to Tansy. Once their scent was imprinted in his head, he resumed his original position. "If you wish to reclaim your territory, then very well, I... will help you. Is that how you say it? But... may I ask, what is Lost Isle? I have never heard of such a territory. My name is Lucio Vitali, that I'd what Daddy said. Well, I think so. He doesn't speak to me at all. Call me Lux, if you would. Daddy says nicknames for humans are... normal. And... what sort of things do you speak of? It's... can those be eaten?"

Show them the light for the end of the tunnel, leading them away from trouble

Current Location: On the way to Qutai Valdt
                                                                                        Companions: Tamarind, Alyssa
                                                                                        OOC:*flings rotten cabbage*

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image
                                                                  User Image
                                                                  ❝Hurt me, beat me, but know that I will rise to take you down!❞

Half-Dragon
                                                                  Metal | Ice
                                                                  Guild: Gilsi
                                                                  Theme Song:What I'm Made Of

In this rain of betrayal, treachery and fear

Shu had blasted the door open, seemingly pleased with herself. Striding out, Jericho caught up to her, telling her to not destroy the door. Laughing cheerfully, she nodded, before skipping down the road. Meh, it was normal for her, and she didn't really care. Unless it really broke. Then she will have to care. Shu continued on, humming a soft tune. Jericho suddenly asked something, and Shu nodded. Sure they could. Why not? Shu continued, still wondering why Gilsi had chosen them. She was a half-dragon, one of the most hated. Why?

It was then Jericho was attacked. Shu snarled, stopping mid-walk. Really? Shaking her head, she jogged alongside Jericho and Eveline, seemingly rather at ease. Her speed was almost inhuman, way faster than a normal human. Shu frowned when Eveline offered to shield them with illusions. "What if they found out? What if they know it's an illusion? How about this, I make a cart, and we'll escape, with me pulling the cart. I can go faster than these guys, I think. Of course, up to you, Jericho. You know better than anyone else of my own inheritance. I can get us out of here no problem." Shu offered up front. No one gets left behind!

Taking a bow, smiling and cheering, hiding away my tears

Current Location: On the way to Blackfen Railroad
                                                                  Companions:Jericho, Evelina

Kawaii Bookworm

17,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I know it is wrong... But I feel no remorse at all

User ImageTerrance Flamel
Currently disguised as a Pretty Lady~

"Erm..." it was an uneasy voice of one of the other members of Desespeir, dressed far more tactically and already wearing that garish mask they were all assigned to wear. "What?" He spat. He understood the need for the plebeians within the guild but he still hated to associate with them. "Scouts have just returned from the beginning of the road... three diviners from Gilsi are coming. They should be here shortly." "Very well then. Report to me again when they get closer." The man nodded and then wandered off to the rest of the group.

But Terrance didn't need to see the man's expression to know how uncomfortable he was. After all, of all the Desespeir members currently assigned to the ambush, he was the only one in a dress. And a black wig. And wearing fake breasts. But really, no one could claim it wasn't practical. He wasn't wearing the extravagant designer gowns of the city, he was wearing a peasant's traveling outfit, complete with ruddy suede boots. He was just doing what it took to protect his identity and look absolutely enchanting at the same time. Being a part of a Dark Guild meant hiding one's identity. And Terrance went above and beyond measures to make sure he kept his public identity as Heir Apparent to the Flamel Estate on the down low. Being associated with illegal unofficial guilds could get one killed, after all. And he found he rather liked living and all the perks that came with his life. Ah, Fate was such a wonderful thing, to deal him such lovely cards as being powerful, stinking rich, and beautiful. It was just too bad that while he was dressed as a woman, he couldn't wear his claws. His lovely metal claws that felt more like his true skin than did his own true hands. Much as he may have wanted to pout about it, though, the truth was that those claws were a dead give away to who he was. His family sigil was embossed right on them.

But still, he was getting finicky. All this sitting and waiting. Those three little peasants had better arrive soon. How dare they make me wait. Thought an indignant Terrance. And after he got so dressed up for them... Really, on a mission he'd normally never default to drag. But he was used to the ones where people might not recognize him. The ones where he could hide in the shadows or go off to some concealed place with a victim in tow, to cut and slice and dominate, and ooooh how he always hoped they would fight. He loved it when they struggled, when they cried and begged for him to stop. Just the mere thought of it sent shivers of glee up his spine. Now he desperately wished to see the three little cretins approaching ever nearer, and he found himself hoping that at least one of them was a pretty girl. He loved to break pretty girls the most...

"Milord, they're approaching!" The one fellow from before whispered his direction. "Get into position; strike from above if you can." He hissed, reluctantly bringing up his own mask to his face. Such beauty, he realized, could still be recognized, even with a complete opposite hair color and a bit of make up. Some of Desespeir had gone up into the trees as he'd commanded, while he and a few others stayed close to the ground, hiding amongst the foliage. He could already hear them walking by, chattering about something or another... And then someone down on his side just went ahead and screwed it all up. They frigging stumbled on a tree branch and fell into a bush. A gout of flame struck at the tree branch where fellow had been moments before. So much for a sneak attack, he thought bitterly. He'd have to cut the failure later if he didn't die. The men on his side began to move, he heard the cry of a draconic attack. Half-dragon?! A thrill of excitement leapt within him as he drew his shadow cloak about him and ran ahead through the trees. Birds of a feather, perhaps? Or rather, lizards of a scale? There was at least one half-dragon amongst the trio, just like him. He glanced to the road as he sped onwards; Desespeir had them on the run.

He smirked behind his mask as he saw them, they were raising their voices at each other as they ran, trying to come up with some sort of plan of attack. Two women and a man; so the half dragon was a man. The smaller female... something about the smaller female caught his attention too. Another one? He couldn't confirm at this moment aside from a faint smell - but other than that she really didn't seem that interesting to him at all. Flat and gangly and boyish. But the third one! The second girl made his eyes gleam with mischievous light. Pale hair spilling behind her as she ran, big eyes with long lashes, and he had to have her. He could already imagine how she'd look covered in red. Shadows enveloped his lower arms, warping the shape of the limbs to beast like claws of unnatural sharpness. In his excitement, the claws were fairly large and deathly sharp. He'd destroy the other two, as Hotaru had commanded, but the third! He'd claim the third has his prize - he wanted to bring that pretty little girl despair beyond her wildest imaginings!

Terrance's long legs gave him distance enough so that he cut out in front of them. A mad grin on his face, he swiped his arms out to the left, his shadow taking from the trees and sweeping his claws out wide to paw these paupers aside; stretching them out to slice, the sharped tips begging to draw blood and bring out his favorite color. In his mind a chant began to form. Cut, slice, dominate! And it repeated in his mind over and over. His claws had best hit true - he wanted to see ribbons of his favorite color splay like the strands of his black wig in wind.

[Location: Between Blackfen Railroad and Qutai Veldt, ambushing Jerico, Evelina, and Shu]
[OOC: ]

There is beauty in hell

Terence_Teddy's Kouhai

Familiar Prophet

User Image
User Image

Perhaps she had been mistaken.

While the fact they were skilled Diviners was still up in the air, after listening to the both of them speak directly to her, she was beginning to have her doubts. She blinked as one of them, who had introduced himself as 'Tansy', began singing. Ah...song. Not really one of her strong suits. What was the etiquette here, when someone began singing to you? Was this a mainland custom? Back home, people rarely just burst into song. It was usually planned. At plays, or special gatherings, or holidays. Was she supposed to sing along...? She didn't know the lyrics, so she decided to avoid potentially offending everyone, and kept her words perfectly, regularly spoken, and not sung, until she learned the right thing to do here.

"Ah....It's a pleasure to meet you, Knight of Whimsy," An odd title, but it was not Alyssa's place to judge the people here. Strange as the title may be, she found it comforting to learn that he was a knight. "Pardon me for asking, Sir Whimsy, but why would bounty hunters be chasing a knight?" She leaned slightly away from him as she spoke, for he had drawn a bit too close for comfort as he sang.

She turned now to the white haired boy, who spoke in such a way that led Alyssa to momentarily wonder if he was not from here as well. This one had very quickly accepted her request for help, unlike the singing man, who had...Not given her an answer one way or another, actually. She smiled at the white haired man, and smiled, although her smile was a practiced one. "Thank you," She said with another bow, before addressing the rest of his questions. ""The Fall Isles are a string of islands far out at sea. They are surrounded by unpredictable seas, and often stormy skies. The weather is always cool, and often rainy, as the name comes from the fact that the islands seem to be in a perpetual state of autumn," For just a moment, Alyssa had a dreamy, far off look in her eyes. She missed her home very badly. She shook her head. "And Sir Whimsy is quite correct. Scouting in a large city would be a much more productive use of my time. Perhaps he can lead me to one?" She turned to the man in question now. "This young man has already agreed to help me. Since you have yet to give me an answer, I must simply request that you lead me to, or at least point me in the direction of the nearest city, so that I may continue my search there,"

She focused once again on the white haired boy. "I thank you for your help, Lucio Vitali. May I ask where you are from?"

location: Heading towards Qutai Veldt with: Tamarind and Lucio ooc: -

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff