Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Seeker

---------------------------------
Constance
---------------------------------

Three things had struck Constance in those few moments since she had thrown her arms out and spoken to the people at her stall.
One - she admired the small girl already, that was perhaps the funniest 'do you have a problem with my friend?' she had ever seen. So few times did anyone actually offer up a better time to kill said friend. She was sure it could be intimidating, but as there was no threat to her life, she took things as her grandfather would. With a laugh.
Two - The boy had called her pretty. No one called her pretty. She was strange, weird, obscene, dangerous, wicked and other such descriptions, but never pretty. To Constance, saying she was pretty was a compliment of great value, heart wrenchingly so. How flattering. She had thought, Perhaps if more troublemakers called me pretty whilst apologizing less of them would end up injured.
Three - This was a serious comment, and she had only really taken notice once the group had already walked off. 'we're not going to find a Dragon picking fights with mercenaries!'. Dear god, she realized They are looking for a dragon.
Sitting back down upon her crate she watched down their direction for a while, deciding upon her course of action, before turning to the customer.
"Well... I don't really know what to say to that. Hi. Looking for anything in particular or just browsing?" giving the woman a smile before seeming to remember something with an 'oh!' and lifting herself up again.
Reaching across the stall she carefully lifted a blade - one that the girl had touched - before throwing it back into the dirt on her side of the stall. It stabbed in, with it's hilt and handle turned skyward.

Peculiar Duck

14,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- x↘↘x S A N I x - x T I R E L xxx -

l i s t e n t o t h e w i n d b l o w | w a t c h t h e s u n r i s e | r u n i n t h e s h a d o w s
d a m n y o u r l o v e | d a m n y o u r l i e s

twenty-two // human // fighter for hire

Just as Sani was about to take a step back, the girl with electric blue eyes thrust herself between the two bantering some sort of gibberish at first. "No fighting, please," she breathed out. Sani clenched her jaw and straightened up, keeping her eyes on Esca who was hiding behind Vera. The girl with the staff asked if she had a problem with her friend, much emphasis on their relationship. "Not at all," she said, straightening out her cloak a little. "I was simply asking your friend a question."

She was about to comment on Esca's snoring issue when they started taking off, saying something about finding a dragon. Her ears perked at this and she watched them leave, trying to keep them in her line of sight. 'I wonder if it'd be worth my while to follow them. Maybe they'll leave the city and I can see this orc army for myself,' she thought. Bringing her hands to her hips, she turned back to the stall where the girl with the blue eyes was sitting. The girl seemed somewhat distracted. Maybe she was thinking the same thing. "Browsing," she answered the girl before the stall owner left.

With one eye still on Esca and Vera, Sani briskly walked her way to another stall and bought a few newly made daggers and throwing knives. She put them away in one of her boots and on her belt under her cloak. As the tall woman walked through the crowd, somehow she came through a part of the bazaar that was so heavily populated and Sani lost the group of people. "s**t," she muttered. She tried to look over the crowd, but it didn't make a difference. They were gone. Quickly, the girl pulled her hood over her head and ran over to a few crates and barrels. She jumped on top of them with ease and climbed to the rooftops. From there she could get a bird's eye view of the bazaar. Soon enough she found Esca and Vera, and from the roof top she continued to follow them. She hoped for an opportunity for the group to split up. "I'm going to find out about you two, even if it kills me," she said to herself with a smirk.

Emotion: d e t e r m i n e d
                                Thought: I will find out what you are.
                                Action: f o l l o w i n g
                                Company: h e r s e l f

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image

Sarah was going to go talk to people, more important and armored and armed sort of people, that he and Vera were going to avoid so she left them behind. They were told to meet her later at the tavern--Esca distracted when she told the name--and off she went. He yawned as he walked rather slowly beside the Hound. "Where are we going?" He whined, like a toddler bored and tired of a very long trip already at its beginning.

He stretched up his arms, putting folded hands behind his head as he let his hood fall down. There was no worry over pickpockets as anyone who reached in beneath his cloak would get caught on a hook or stick their fingers in worse pouches of sleeping powder or swamp muck rather than coin. The only thing of worth was at his belt, a pair of sheathed daggers. "Not that it isn't fun or anything, being out of the swamp, but there were... well, yes..." He talked with Vera, oblivious to the woman running across rooftops to tail them to somewhere more private, but Vera was far more aware than she let on. "N-no!" Of course she was, she was Vera, and she didn't mention it to Esca as she guided the lamb down a dead end alley. "Vera! You're gross!" He shouted, stopping just as she did at the dead end.

He let his hands fall to his sides and spun around, looking at the damp alleyway they were in. Esca put his hands on his hips and looked at her. "What are we doing here? Ooh, look a biscuit..." He grinned, going over to a trash pile to pick up some half-eaten food.

Fluffy Fox

Name: Edan Fendraluxes Ulthier
Race: Daotian (Like a cross between a vampire and an incubus, but with no real ties to either.)
Class: Adventurer/Summoner
Bio: Orphaned at a young age by an elder dragon, Edan never knew his parents. He had been brought to a small village, where he had spent most of his life. His abilities at the time made him a mana leech, suppressing the abilities of those around, with him being completely untouchable by magic, be it beneficial or destructive. As such he was an anomaly, but lived a mostly carefree life, spending his days with his friend or training to be a knight. That way of life was shattered on his sixteenth birthday however, and from then on he was cast into a fight for his life over a period of three years. Things had seemed to calm for him after that, until he learned of his heritage, and set out from his home to figure out some things that weight heavily on his mind. The disappearance of a loved one in a city he once called home had darkened his outlook on life, and being exiled from his home town didn't make things any easier, but he was determined to make the best of all he could. He holds the virtues of the heroes of lore close to his heart, to the point of purposely being cliche.
Appearance: Edan appears to be an elf, short and somewhat thin, about the same size as a human female, though with slightly ashen skin and fairly visible fangs. His medium length brown hair almost looks messy, though he takes great care in keeping it as it is. He has amber eyes, giving him an even more abnormal look. Despite this he is extremely attractive, almost ambiguously so, and seems to try to hide this fact with little success. He prefers nice clothes, but nothing too flashy, besides his trademark red and black dragon scale jacket. He also wears a silver necklace with a small crystal on it, a memento of loved ones lost.

Edan's summons and such will be explained as he uses them. They will be added here in the future.

Anti Magic Field:
This ability stems from a curse of darkness which Edan's managed to overcome. It draws upon his own magical abilities, rendering him unable to use his summons and most other magical abilities, leaving him with simple magic. It provides complete immunity to all magic, whether it be beneficial or harmful. On another note, when in use it changes his eyes to a steel grey.

Pocket Plane:
Edan can send and summon objects to and from a personal pocket plane. He's unsure of how he can do so, as he's seemingly always been able to. His best guess is it's tied to his family's bloodline.

Summons:
Edan's summons aren't true summoning spells. Instead he has one spirit of each of the six elements residing within him. He can imbue himself with their powers, but he's untrained with them. They tend to only last one to three minutes, but during that time his stats are boosted, depending on the spirit, his weapon (or hands, if unarmed) are wreathed in that spirit's elemental property and he suffers penalties regarding his fighting style. He's also completely immune to whatever element he's currently using. In fact, resisted elemental damage will allow him to use that summon for longer. On a side note, though elementals are genderless, Edan's seem to have taken on female forms and mindsets. He's unsure why, but he feels it might have to do with him lacking a mother figure in his life. That or his nature is to blame.

Ember: The spirit of flame doubles Edan's strength, putting him on par with a giant. He's unable to use his magic due to Ember's beserker mindset, and when her power runs out he finds himself drained of much of his stamina.

Sleet: The spirit of water doubles Edan's intellect... in regards to magic use only. His mana is unlimited, allowing him to barrage his foes with ice and water based magics. However, all spells he fires off must begin within arm's reach, giving his foes time to dodge or shield themselves. When Sleet fades from him, he's drained completely of mana.

Gale: The spirit of wind doubles Edan's agility, giving him near unmatched speed and reaction time. He's also able to float a couple inches off the ground, and can maneuver as if he had been using such a form of movement his entire life. This helps him strike fast, but being put on the defensive tends to bounce him around, as he can't brace himself on anything.

Terra: The spirit of earth doubles Edan's already amazing constitution and resilience to near invulnerable levels. Most blows would fail to damage him, and any wounds he would take quickly regenerate. He's still susceptible to magic, but even then, it wouldn't be as effective. During this state his body feels much denser as well, slowing his movement some, allowing his opponents to outmaneuver him.

Dusk: The summon spirit of darkness enhances all of Edan's attributes by fifty percent. As with his anti-magic field, he's immune to all magic. Due to his heritage, he's immune to any negative effects this state would put on him, making him able to use it's full potential.

Dawn: The summon spirit of light doubles all of Edan's stats... at a price. Being a creature of shadow makes him vulnerable to light magic, and summoning Dawn causes her power to eat away at his life quickly. Abuse of this power could very well kill him.

Fluffy Fox

"Another city huh?" Edan sighs to himself as he passes through the gates with only minor trouble. It didn't take long for him to learn the reason why the guards seemed on edge. "Really now? An army? I really hope they're not going to invade." Last time something had happened like that... well, he didn't come out of it in a way he'd like to repeat. He also didn't have a couple dragons backing him up. His thoughts wandered to his adoptive mother for moment, and he hoped Akela and her town were doing alright, but he quickly snapped back to the matters at hand. Summoning his bag of holding from it's pocket plane, he withdraws a small container which housed some odd pills. He downed one of them before returning everything to their places, and then gets to tracking down an inn or tavern. After so long on the road, he could use a drink.

Dapper Sex Symbol

User Image{{Sorry I haven't posted yet. ;-; Been busy}}

Kori Lustifor

Kori walked down the roads. I hope I can find something here. Last she heard, her sister had come into this town for something, but so far no one had heard of her sister. I think I need to search better places. Her best options were the markets and the taverns. If she were to do the markets she would have to talk to the scary weapon merchants. If she went to the tavern, there would be people equally as scary as weapon merchants. She really wasn't looking forward to this. I think I'll just wander around and hope I find one of the two. She was completely lost, she had no idea where either the tavern or the market was. She was sure she would find her way, or more likely wander around until it grew dark and more than likely some sort of guard or fighter would approach her.

Sparkly Humorist

7,775 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Name: Aurora
Race: Elf
Class: Psychic
Bio: Aurora came from a long line of light elves, pure in blood and relation until her rebellious mother struck out, spending one fateful night in a tavern far from her protected, lofty home, only to meet a mysterious disguised gipsy-clairvoyant who was determined to make the fair skinned girl's acquaintance. Such he did, and thus came Aurora, gifted with the aesthetics and longevity of the elvin raced crossed with the impressive abilities of a tenth generation clairvoyant--particularly heightened psychic abilities (prophesying/future telling) and, of course, powerful telekinesis. An outcast from the start, Aurora strayed away from the elvin wonderland of her upbringing, desiring instead a more cultured nomadic lifestyle. She currently finds herself working/co-owning a large enchantment shop in an ordinary average bazaar with a particularly frustrating necromancer enchanter of whom she has found herself romantically engaged with as of late, much to her chagrin.
Appearance: User Image

Name: Derik
Race: ?
Class: Necromancer & Enchanter
Bio: Derik's past is about as confusing and as mysterious as Derik himself. Despite his shady (and relatively unknown, with small exceptions on Aurora's part) past, his personality reflects an impressive and sometimes overwhelming confidence, stemming form his broad 6ft 4 frame and rather impressive abilities. He has the ability to resurrect and control the dead, as well as a medley of other frighteningly fatal abilities kept secret to himself and his lovely psychic. Additionally, on a more marketable front, Derik sports the unique ability to "enchant" weapons and shields, making them more effective and sometime even embruing them with powers of their own. Such makes him a somewhat popular asset wherever he goes, couple with his talented psychic with the ability to move structures with her mind. Nothing is known about this man up until his meeting Aurora in a town far away front his one, where he spotted Aurroa and decided to claim her. The two have been working together since.
Appearance: User Image

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image

Sarah wandered from tavern to tavern, talking up the barkeeps and trying to learn what they knew. "Have you seen a dragon?" She had gained the attention one fat, sweaty tavern owner behind the bar and with a hand on her hip and the other on her staff, she leaned over to hear him.

He gave her a look up and down and a sly smile, sharing a glance with a regular drowning himself in his cups a few seats down from her. "I've seen more than I'd like to in my lifetime, doll." He said, picking up a mug and cleaning it with a questionable looking cloth.

She sighed. "Look, don't call me doll. Have you seen a dragon of white scale? As big as a small mountain, with wings of pearls, and spines down his back?" She described Her Dragon as best she could, showing his height far greater than her and looking around the bar for something to compare him to. Most of the men seemed wary travelers, off-duty guardsmen, and dishonest eye-patch wearing man in the corner. "Or perhaps, you have seen a man of snow white skin, pointed ears, and braided hair?" She asked with an innocent tilt to her head.

She had wanted to rely on his kindness to a pretty mage girl, but the barkeep held up a palm. It was something that needed greasing to loosen his lips, and she frowned before plopping down on a stool. "I'll just have a drink, please." She muttered, sliding a few copper bits onto the wood. She hadn't enough to get him to talk. That was fine. She could just wait and listen while she wet her dry mouth from all the talking she had to be doing...

Fluffy Fox

"The Intoxicated Barmaid? ...It's not The Drunken Wench, but I guess it'll do for now." Edan enters the establishment quickly, eager to sample the exotic alcohols that they likely had in stock. That was one of the perks to traveling the world; there was always new drinks and new food to be had. If not, then there was at least a unique take on what he was familiar with. In short order he had ordered a hot meal and a few bottles of booze he had never heard of before. Retreating to a quiet corner, he summons his bag again to withdraw a journal, which he then uses to jot down his thoughts on the city and what little he had observed thus far while he waited to be served.

Sparkly Humorist

7,775 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
a u r o r a
psychic
enchantment shop; the bazaar

"You know what I'm going to do if he doesn't pay..." A strikingly handsome man strutted forth into the main room of the large archaically designed enchantment shop, following his statement through the decorative arch that connected the defense supplies to the weaponry room, filled to the brim with an assortment of swords, scythes and other metal and wood works that, after Derik was finished with them, could project elementals and drain the life from their victims upon contact. Such made the shop a popular one, not to mention its inclusion of a psychic's den with quite the powerful young elf who's accurate foretellings had garnered her a bit of a reputation among the locals, although the entire shop really was a hidden gem.

Aurora turned from her position on a wide silken cushion set in front of a low table with several objects upon it, the most notable of which a large clouded amethyst ball. "I know what you think you have to do, but we're both aware you could easily let him go." A slight smirk found its way onto Derik's lips in response, evoking an immediate tinge of annoyance from his lover. "I hate when you do that. Spit it out." The tall mysterious necromancer moved in swiftly, placing his hand under Aurora's chin and drawing her forcibly, albeit gentley, upwards, slinking his arm around her waist and pulling her into him. Pressing his lips to her ear, he answered her, "My love, I am indeed required to end the life of those that deliberately wrong me in business. If I were to not, I would not be properly defending my own honor." He lifted her stray hand not pinned to her side by his body and brought it to his lips, pecking the skin softly and adding, "Nor would I be defending yours, as this shop belongs in half to you." His eyes darkened, flashing his other side as he nuzzled her neck, "And I will not stand for any slights to your honor" he ended gravely.

The psychic sighed to herself, letting him hold most of her weight as she leaned her head up against his chest, a nice height for him at a tall 6 ft herself. She had only been with him for a little under a decade now, and while certain things had been discussed and revealed neither of them had even scratched the surface of each other's histories. His preoccupation with getting even in death worried her at times, but she could't help but to partially be attracted to the same strange bloodlust that made her wary. "You must give him time. A grace period. The man has a failing farm." She broke away from his embrace as the door to their shop jingled, signaling a customer. The psychic approached the man who had entered the store, showing him over to the defense section with a small warning side glance to her partner. He tended to be rather unpredictable, a trait that led her to conduct herself and the shop cautiously at all times. One really never knew what Derik might do.

d e r i k
necromancer & enchanter
enchantment shop; the bazaar

User Image

Bashful Bloodsucker

Name: Nemira Lotieria Esvaguard.
Race: Half Human/Half Wood Elf
Class: Archer/Dungeon Crawler
Bio:
Having lived most of her life with her human mother, she learned very early on that she didn't fit in with the human children. They were relentless and cruel in outcasting her. She left home in hopes of finding some hope in the bigger city. When her gold ran out and hunger set in she quickly resorted to crime, mainly theft. She honed those skill and now uses them to crawl through dungeons.
User Image

Peculiar Duck

14,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- x↘↘x S A N I x - x T I R E L xxx -

l i s t e n t o t h e w i n d b l o w | w a t c h t h e s u n r i s e | r u n i n t h e s h a d o w s
d a m n y o u r l o v e | d a m n y o u r l i e s

twenty-two // human // fighter for hire

This was the opportunity Sani was waiting for- for the group to split up. The girl who had interrupted Sani earlier went off by herself, leaving Esca and Vera together. Quietly and quickly tailing the two, Sani watched as the hound silently guided the strange man through crowds of people in the bazaar. 'Perfect,' she thought in satisfaction. It was easy- somewhat too easy.

As they walked, Sani noticed that Esca was talking to Vera, but not in a normal way. Not like an owner talks to his pet. It was more like a conversation, but Vera never said anything. Disturbed by this, the archer climbed faster on the rooftops to end this sooner. She couldn't take him talking to the hound anymore. It was too creepy.

When they turned the corner to a dead end alley, Sani raised an eyebrow. "What is Vera thinking?" she whispered to herself as she crouched low on the rooftop. Esca went from asking what they were doing there to being distracted by some trash. Taking in a deep breath, the archer rolled her eyes. "Ugh. What's with this guy? Enough's enough," she said, climbing down from the roof, her back to the rest of the open end of the alley. "You know, Esca, you never answered my question," she said, her hood still down covering the top portion of her face. She pulled her hood down, fully confident that no one in the streets would see her face now, and crossed her arms. Bringing one foot forward, Sani tilted her head and narrowed her eyes. "How do you know who I am?"

Emotion: d e t e r m i n e d
                                Thought: I will find out what you are.
                                Action: q u e s t i o n i n g
                                Company: V e r a , E s c a

Fluffy Fox

"What the crap did they put in this thing?" Edan had quickly finished his meal, then gone right to downing bottle after bottle of the booze he had ordered. Somewhere around the ninth bottle was when the alcohol seemed to beat his superb constitution, leaving him light headed and unsteady in his seat. Figuring that was enough for now, he tosses the remaining bottles into his bag before he gets up and makes his way, slowly and with some bumping into other tables, to the bartender, where he hands over some various coins from different places. It was probably more then enough, since he wasn't really thinking on the exchange rate, nor was he in the mood to, so he just leaves the Intoxicated Barmaid and wanders into the bazaar to see what wares were being sold. He noted that there seemed to be many non-humans in the city, like the last one he had visited, which relaxed him even more then the booze. It was nothing like Tormyr, where non-humans were rare to the point of almost not existing.

Questing Sex Symbol

User Image

He had just taken a bite out of the moldy biscuit when the woman from earlier came into the alley, blocking their exit and cornering him in this homey place. Esca spat out the biscuit and tossed it over his shoulder, backing away from Sani to step beside Vera. "Uh... I forgot what the question was, honestly." He laughed, nervously, holding up an empty hand as the other probed at the air behind him. There wasn't anything on his left side, but Vera sat on his right and he glanced at the Hound.

Her lips pulled back into a frightening smile. Esca glared at her. "Oooh, thanks a lot. Next time someone wants to kill you, don't ask me for help." He muttered, and turned his attention back to the hooded woman. She was probably going to kill him for speaking her name now, wasn't she?

"Come on, Sani, we're friends aren't we? You know my name, I know your name. We're not strangers now are we? Wouldn't you be upset if you killed me and I was dead and gone?" He tried to reason with her with a crooked smile. The Half-Elf really didn't know what to say, so he'd pull anything out of his a** to get away from an angry city lady.

Bashful Bloodsucker

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Nemira Lotieria Esvaguard

Nemira slid effortlessly through the crowd. She hiked her bag further up on her shoulder as she made her way to the bazaar. With the recent bunch of gold and gems she recently got she would be able to eat for weeks. She bumped into someone as she became lost in thought. Her hood slid from her head revealing her pointy ears. She sighed as people began to stare. "Excuse me sir, My apologies."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff