Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supreme Garbage

User Image

"––And then I saw this necklace and I just had to have it, Baba! Isn't it beautiful? I love the way it sparkles in the sunli––"

Yaya never got to finish this sentence, perhaps to the relief of her ill grandmother, who had been getting very tired of listening to the girl's babbling. Yaya herself experienced no such relief, because in an instant she found herself in a place unlike any she had been before. The temperature became warm and thick, and for the half second that she found herself suspended in air, she could see unfamiliar mountains in the distance and a lush, green forest she'd only ever read about in books.

Then she fell, and her butt hit something wet, and suddenly her entire body was wet, and her view of the sky was obscured by murky water. Realizing that she was sinking, she desperately began to pump her arms and legs, trying to force her head back above the water. Terror flooded her mind, though she was less concerned with how the hell did I get here and more concerned with this is it, this is how I'm going to die.

Yaya, of course, did not know how to swim. She'd never learned. Boys from her village liked to jump into the frigid lake in the warmer months, but Yaya was not an idiot. She would never risk death just to prove that she wasn't a chicken. And as such she'd never set foot in any water deeper than her bath tub. Well, except for now.

Her head finally broke through the surface of the water, and she gasped for breath, still struggling to keep her body afloat. Wildly, she tried to reach for something to grab hold of, and her hand came in contact with something white and bumpy. It felt like fabric, maybe a dress of some sort, so Yaya let it go. A dress was not going to save her from drowning. She sunk below the water again and then fought to get back up for air.

Normally she was above asking for assistance, but since her life was at stake here…

"HELP MEEE!" she screeched at the top of her lungs. To anyone who didn't speak Oswellan, however, the words sounded like a slurred GYEPLANIIII. Which probably wasn't very helpful. You know, if there was even anyone around to save her.

Hilarious Explorer

User Image
Feeling confused 。 Paddling a writer's desk - Directing the way。 Lake Idunnowhere

"I am ready, my masters." The Ninja bowed in the temple hall before the old men, formerly great Ninjas all before they retired to teaching. Today was the day Sayato was to be assigned to a lord, and he had been teased with the knowledge that he was to be paired with a very important lord indeed. Fitting for the most talented Ninja in generations to walk through their halls. To say he was excited might have been the understatement of the year, he had even smuggled his pet mouse Meeks with him to the ceremony. He was currently poking his head peacefully out of his pants pocket and his master were doing their best to ignore the little rodent before the scene changed around him and the dark, candle lit hall was replaced and he was bathed in light.

"What?" Sayato said out loud, his voice significantly higher pitched than he was used to. By the time it registered to him that he was in the air he had started to fall, splashing into the lake with a very soft splash. He struggled against the water as he broke to the surface but something felt very wrong. His arms and legs felt strange and he was covered in...fur? Around him he could see several objects and people but they were all HUGE. He scampered his way over to an oversized writing desk as he felt the strength leaving his limbs. Why was treading the water so tiring? Sure it was deep but his body should have been more than capable at swimming in any water, he shouldn't have been this fatigued already.

"...Yeah, sort of like that." He said absentmindedly as he watched himself swim over to the desk and grabbed on. Wait. That was him. He was watching himself move over to the desk. "...Wait, what?!" He exclaimed, moving over to the hand of his doppelganger. "Who...who are you?!" He demanded from the stranger before his eyesight lead him to his own reflection in the water, a face he had adopted a year before. Meeks? What...? He held his paws in front of him as he slowly came to terms with the situation. He was a mouse. Specifically, he was Meeks. but he was still himself. Which meant...

"...Hey." He addressed his doppelganger who had before just looked at him quizzically, "You wouldn't...happen to be Meeks, would you?"

Meek's eyes widened with the tone of the high-pitched rodent. "Master?!" He jumped at the sound of his own voice, it was the first time his thoughts escaped from his mouth in anything other than sqeaks. "I-I-I can talk? You can talk! I don't..." Sayato silenced him with a nibble on the finger, demanding his attention. "Calm down. We'll figure this out, okay?" The comical sight of a squeaky little grey mouse comforting a drenched man in Ninja training robes was cut short by the screech of what sounded like gibberish to them. Looking to the source he saw a young woman in white flailing and wailing, seemingly begging for help. Go time.

"Meeks, you paddled your way over here. That means you can swim, right?" The mouse quickly looked back to his friend, assesing their current strength. "Um, yeah. I mean, these things on my front legs are pretty weird but they're pretty much just fancy legs for opening things right?" Meeks wiggled his new fingers as he spoke, keeping ahold with his elbows. Sayato lifted his paw to his face. They were going to have a long talk about what in the hell just happened to them, but right now there was someone in danger. "Okay, I want you to start peddling us dead ahead. There's a person over there and she needs our help." As Sayato spoke Meek's look of confusion was replaced by determination. A mission? He had accompanied his master on several of his training excercises and operations but he had never dreamed he would be able to become a part of them. "O-Okay!" His eyes were practically sparkling with joy as he peddled his legs with all of his strength towards the sound of the screams.

"Whoa...he's really fired up about this..." Sayato uttered incredulously, shaking his head before turning to the girl. "Quickly, grab on! We still have enough room for one or two more!" He shouted to her in his squeaky tone, completely forgetting the absurdity of a talking mouse. "Do you know what in the name of the Great Spirit is going on?!"

Omnipresent Survivor

User Image
Gerda Pýri
"Our actions are our own. Don't be a coward; own up to them."

One bubble, two bubbles and finally a third rose to the surface of the water and caused the calm surface area to break. Especially when a steady stream of them happened to join the initial three from way down below the top level of the once calm murky water.

It hadn't been too long after that when the white haired head of a troll had broke free from the depths of the water. Briefly treading water as she sought to gain her lost breath, clearly something heavy was making her bob on the surface even as she moved towards the shore with one hand moving her weight. As well as a certain object she'd dare not lose again. From her initial, and surprising, plummet into the dirty water that she continued to wade in. Gerda, a forest troll, had surfaced once just to figure out her hammer had fallen all the way to the bottom. That was the reason why she had gone down a second time and retrieved what she deemed her favorite weapon of all time. It was well worth it at this point of her treading water before her bare feet had finally found the bank of the river, and sought to get a solid grip on it before she succeeded in sitting herself down on the moist ground. Scowling down at the heavy melee weapon before her attention had been diverted elsewhere. What with the sound of a woman screaming for help, or the best she could it sounded like. Her silver eyes fell upon the scene going on before, taking note of a man laid out on a plank of wood and awkwardly making his way over to her floundering form. Whatever they had been talking about was a mystery to her, the same for the "mouse" that she couldn't quite see from her position.

With the scowl vanishing and her hand rising to fiddle with her tusk. Gerda's hardened gaze studied the scene a moment longer before she rose to her feet. Leaving the hammer to lay on the bank, occasionally giving it a glance as if it would just get up and walk away suddenly. The Troll then waded back into the water without any regard for how cold it actually happened to be and stopped to where it was just above her chest. Any further and she'd be floating like the other two humans out in the lake, just without a hefty board to aid her. Besides, at this point, she was just barely touching the silty bottom with her toes hooked into the sand and vegetation that existed at the bottom. Not intending to waste her breath at yelling at the two, she instead put a hand to her mouth and whistled as loud as she possibly could've done at this point.

Gerda, standing her ground still, gave them both a repeated wave. Fully hoping they would get the hint of her professing her want to help the two humans. Unless they reacted in typical human fashion, ignorant and scared to the bitter end. Just to swim off in the opposite direction of where she was currently positioned in the murky water.

Magical Girl

User Image
ooooAdeline Lenearoooo
Miss Know-It-All

Just a moment before, Adeline Lenear was enjoying her lunch and a good book, but now, suddenly, she was submerged in water. How very peculiar.

Thankfully, the young woman's instincts overrode her inquisitive nature for once and she propelled herself to the surface.

She wasn't too far out from the shoreline, which was fortunate as her clothes were weighing her down quite a bit and she wasn't much of an athlete. After slogging her way out of the water, the displaced scholar finally took a good look at the lake she had mysteriously plunged into and the chaos unfolding within it. A seemingly random assortment of items bobbed along the rippling water, along with an seemingly random assortment of people. Addie wasn't one to jump to conclusions, but she speculated that they had all probably spontaneously appeared above the lake the same way she had.

She felt that was a fair assumption, but otherwise, she had absolutely no idea what had just happened or why. While most people would find this concerning, Addie was brimming with excitement at the very thought of it.

All right, don't get ahead of yourself now, she reminded herself. First thing first, was anyone drowning? Squinting her one good eye, she scanned the lake for signs of a struggle. A couple of people were floating on some debris but seemed to be managing well, and it appeared that someone had waded out to assist them. Wonderful. Addie wouldn't have been much of a help anyway, but it nice was knowing she didn't have to be.

Moving onto to her second point of business, Addie began taking off her wet clothes. Couldn't do a proper investigation dripping wet, after all. She peeled off her cloak first, then her soggy boots, followed by her tunic, until finally she was down to just her camiknickers. She even briefly removed her eye patch and wrung it out before putting it back on.

Hopefully these will dry before I get sun burnt, she mused, as she began wringing the water out of her garments and laying them out of the rocks. Every now and then she glanced back at the lake to check on the others who had appeared, just in case someone needed her to dive back in.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
User Image
Emily Hawthorn
███████████████

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Emily yawned and placed her practice sword and shield down against the fence. The clashing of both wooden and metal weapons could be heard around her. Every now and then a group cheered and laughed and bet against who would win against who. The redhead sighed, a dull, almost lifeless expression on her face. She desperately wanted to join them, alas, she was to keep up a professional appearance for her superiors. They were watching. They always were.

Emily was so close to a promotion, she's heard the whispers, saw the stares. Some in admiration, some in jealousy. For the first time in a long while, Emily felt excited again, felt the familiar butterfly sensation in her tummy. A small smile graced her face before she heard her name being called and it abruptly disappeared again. Dane, her current trainer was walking towards her with a grin on his bearded face, the sword hanging from his hip clanking against his armor. He was an older fellow, with graying hair, but still incredibly fit for his age. Dane often told her to lighten up. Out of all the trainers she's had, Dane was by far the most lax and forgiving. When Emily really thought about it, he was one of the few she actually enjoyed being around.

She was about to answer his call with a wave, had her hand poised in the air when she felt a tugging sensation deep in her stomach and the world around her went black for a fraction of a second. Before the woman knew it, gravity suddenly took over and her back hit the ground hard.

She let out a pained grunt and for a moment continued to lay still, winded from the blow. When Emily could finally breathe again, she noticed that her back was soaking wet, and she was laying at the bank of a large lake. She gulped and briefly looked around.
'Definitely unfamiliar territory...' she thought to herself. She spotted other people, splashing around in the water and random items laying around. She could see that someone was in trouble, but help was already on the way it seemed. At the moment, a nearly naked woman was closest to her. While not exactly partial to approaching close to naked people, perhaps the woman had answers to her predicament?

Emily stood up, her wet clothes weighing down a bit when she felt her pants sag dangerously low. She squeaked and caught it just in time. She looked down and frowned. Were her clothes bigger? The leather harness she was wearing was incredibly loose, her shirt seemed to have expanded an-- wait a second...
'Where are my breasts?!'

Reaching up with one hand, while the other held her linen pants, she felt at her chest, only to discover that, yes indeed, it was flat as a board. Inspecting further, her legs seemed shorter and she overall just felt... tinier.
'Did I shrink?'.

Even more determined to get some answers now, she trudged over towards the woman, the water around her slushing about.
“E-excuse me! Could you perhaps tell me what--... what happened to my voice?! she covered her mouth in horror, trying to keep any high-pitched sounds from escaping. The redhead looked at the woman with wide eyes and for a moment couldn't do more than stare as she stood still in the waters.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Supreme Garbage

User Image

Amidst her wild flailing and splashing, Yaya caught sight of something moving toward her. It was large and wooden and floating, and someone was shouting in a language she couldn't understand. Regardless of what the words meant, she latched onto the desk just as soon as she could reach it. She gasped for breath as she clung to the structure, though her legs were still kicking furiously out of instinct. With her propelling the desk on one side, and the dark-haired fellow paddling on the other, the desk began to spin around.

When she realized it was the mouse who was speaking, however, she stopped entirely. Her home village was home to down-to-earth people who'd never had neither need nor want for magic or fantastical things. She knew such things existed, of course; Venia was, inherently, magical. But she'd never come face-to-face with something so out-of-the-ordinary. This talking mouse baffled her. Plus, she had no idea what it was saying.

"Errr…" Yaya murmured, looking between the mouse and the human-looking guy. She put on her best smile, trying to appear as grateful as possible. (Which she was, but in the current situation, it was hard for her to fully express her gratitude.) "Thaaaank youuuuu," she said slowly, as if speaking more clearly would somehow transcend the language barrier.

After pulling more of her body on top of the desk, a piercing whistling noise cut through the air. Yaya peered around, trying to locate the source of the noise. What she found was a gigantic ogre of some sort, who was now waving at them with a beckoning motion a few feet from the shore. Yaya didn't know much about ogres (or trolls or goblins or whatever they were called), but she was definitely very fond of the idea of heading to shore. Turning to her desk-mates, she pointed in the ogre's direction, hoping that they would understand she wanted to go that way.

Despite her terror at being in the water, she wiggled her way to the other side of the desk, so that she was now hanging next to the dark-haired boy. Four legs were better than two, right? And Yaya was sure she'd be able to push the desk faster than him, anyway. She was strong! With another grin, she began to kick at the water, doing her best to steer the desk in the direction she wanted to go.
Bruce and The Hanged King

A Lake
________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yes sir, right here this is what will do it for you. I offer all the aforementioned services to you, my wonderful, paying customer, at such a low price you are practically STEALING from me." You are very clearly stealing from them, Sir Bruce. Bruce batted at the air just over his shoulder as he slipped an arm around a somewhat elderly gentlemen with rather large glasses. Bruce had found this sweet old man knocking on his door only a short hour before, clutching one of Bruce's flyers in his hand. A cane nearly as gnarled as his hands clutched in the other. It seemed he really, really cared about his cat and was convinced it was haunting him. The poor sod.
"Oh? You really think so? It's just...it's been so long ya know, and Mr. Leon must be so lonely without me. Wondering around the astral plane all by himself. Can't even feed the poor thing."
"Of course sir. I will set the spirit of your long deceased and favorite companion Mr. Leon to rest. Along with a short conversation with him, I mean after all there is only so much I can do for a cat, and some parting words before he is shifted off into that great litter box in the-"
...Sir Bruce?

"-skyyyyyyyyyyyyyyAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" screamed the con man as he plummeted face first into the soft, muddy earth on the bank of a lake. He came up, gasping for chest and coughing as he tried to refill his lungs with life giving air. He spun over onto his back, scrambling to back up onto the drier shore, eyes wild as he looked around. "What?" Dozens other fell further into the lake, a much nicer landing. Some sort of emo teenager and his pet rat, a troll, and a child wearing her mothers clothes? "What?" He stood up, wiping mud off his face. It was just a lake, in the middle of god damned no where, surrounded by a bunch of big a$$ trees. A waver in the air over his shoulder drew his attention as the ghostly image of a king with a noose around his neck like a tie phased into existence. Ah, there you are Sir Bruce. Quite the trick you pulled there. Took me a moment to find you. Things seem to be going quite a bluster all of the sudden. It was quite the sight. That poor old man turned into a jackal headed warlord before my very own eyes.

Bruce slowly turned back to the lake. Staring. Stunned. "What?"

Magical Girl

User Image
ooooAdeline Lenearoooo
Miss Know-It-All

After methodically wringing the water out of each of her garments, Addie looked for a good place to hang them up. There were plenty of trees around, but they would dry faster out of the shade. Maybe she could fashion a drying rack out of some branches...

A high pitched voice interrupted her train of thought, and she turned around to see a little orange haired girl staring at her from the edge of the lake. Oh dear. It was unlikely that the child's parents had teleported here with her, and the poor thing looked terrified. Which was only natural, being dropped into a lake for no discernible reason. Addie would have been upset too, if she was more like a normal person instead of the oddball that she was.

But if there was one thing she did react normally to, it was a child in need. Leaving her clothes, Addie immediately went to the girl's side.

"There, there," she said gently, kneeling down a bit so that they were eye level. "It's all right. It seems we've all been brought to this lake, but there's probably nothing to worry about. I haven't yet determined the cause, but if I had to take an educated guess, I would say it was most likely due to a thaumatical anomaly..."

She was about to go on with her hypothesis, as she was prone to ramble at any given opportunity, but stopped herself before she potentially confused the child any more than she was already was.

"What I mean is, it was probably magic," she concluded. "But never mind that for now. My name is Addie; what yours? And you're not hurt, are you?"

User Image
Emily Hawthorn
█████████████

Emily looked at the young woman with her big blue eyes, a tiny frown appearing at the tone the young woman was using. Even though she was taller, way taller than her, she wasn't a child for heavens sake! 'I'm probably older than she is!' she thought bitterly. The redhead's posture automatically became straighter, trying to take on a less vulnerable appearance and more like the Lieutenant she was going to be. Even though her back hurt and was probably already bruising, Emily was determined to look strong. She cleared her throat and took a deep (slightly shuddering, though she'd never admit it.) breath, before speaking. “Thank you, ma'am, for your answer.” Goodness, she'd have to get used to her own voice.

“Miss Addie, correct? My name is Emily Hawthorn, Guardsman of the Teran City Guard, at your service.” Emily saluted the woman, her feet put together and her right hand stiffly crossing over her chest in a fist, before bowing slightly. It felt a bit awkward doing it while holding her pants up, but a salute is a salute. At least she wasn't the one nearly naked here...

“I guess you're right, I can not think of anything else that would cause... this. ” She motioned towards the lake with a tilt of her head. Her frown deepened as she looked around. There were more people and things scattered around than she originally thought.

“I'm as good as one can be in this situation. Though I seem to have shrunk, I think...” She paused, hesitant to admit anything else. She didn't want to appear weak in front of this stranger, Addie. A wise mentor's words came back to her at that moment. 'A good leader never refuses the aid of others. If you can't trust them, how can they trust you?' Emily huffed, she never liked that old man, but he was smart and his words were sound. “And... my back hurts. Nothing more than some bruises though, I'm sure. And perhaps whatever magic that converted me to this size will wear off soon... I hope.”

Emily awkwardly shuffled her foot around before realizing that they were still in the shallow waters. She pointed towards the nearby rocks, where Addie's clothes were also at she noticed. “Let's get out of this water. I think I got some in these boots, and they'll never properly dry if I keep them on.”

“You were not injured when you came here, were you Miss Addie? Do you require assistance with anything?” She asked while starting to walk towards the rocks. Emily might not be in Teran any more, she might not even be near her city, but she refused to give up her guardly duties, especially in a situation like this.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  ❛《 b↱etter to ˟◞die ×× ;;
                                      FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM xx FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM xx FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM
                                ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰ ▱ ▰
                                      ゚ ▬ than be a ✄ - - ×× ◞p r i s o n e r x x xxx
                                          ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE 。》

Around the Majordomo's palace stood a many guards. Some of the stoic beings wore long translucent thin robes. The robes were so light that they drifted and glided on the breeze. Deep in the palace were many rooms, some grand and some not so grand. In one of the grand rooms, a sleeping chamber, laid an orange haired male. Male may not have been the correct term though as the race was infamous for being able to change their form and gender, even soon after their births where they were genderless. Many of the Animagon society chose not to meld the appropriate sexual organs as they were not required nor really cared for children at the moment. Who would care when you could live for 1000 years, making child rearing a rare thing. The government officials however were required to select a gender so that the race wouldn't die out. Having officials be required was a "procedure" so that the best youths of both brains and brawn were created. But back to more important matters, the male breathed ragged deep breathes, a clear sign that his day had been long and hard. His pink palms were abnormally warm, a sign of recent and strong magic work.

The Animagon Dominion had known for quite some time now that their world was about to suffer some kind of anomaly. Being ones deeply connected to nature they could see the signs in their surrounding perpetually fall time forests. The best minds and magic workers or "Magi" of the Animagon people had been sent on a quest a month ago to search the land for magics foreign to them which could help stop the coming chaos. It had only taken them three weeks to return to their leader with news of a potential spell which could help. And so quickly did the Magi get to work, preparing and finally commencing in spell casting that took an entire week to cast. The casting could not be stopped whatsoever and so Magi were immediately switched out when signs of fatigue showed up. Apox cherished that foresight and generosity bestowed upon himself and other hardworking Magi from the Majordomo of the Animagon people. Today was supposedly the last day in which the spell needed to be channeled before being self sustaining, pushing away the incoming chaos independently, or so the Animagon had hoped. After four tiring days of continuous spell work Apox's dreams placed him far away from magic, far away from his duties, a pleasure he greatly enjoyed.

That pleasure was cut short though as soft foot falls entered Apox's personal chamber in the palace, his acute hearing easily picking up the interruption. He opened his previously sleeping eyes. Tired eyes peering up at the mural of a winged being on the ceiling. "Magi Apox, you are requested in the conjurer's abode," came the androgynous voice after its owner stopped in their steps. With merely a sigh Apox shakily lifted from the sheets of his bed and looked at the messenger. "How much longer before we are finished Raymah," asked Apox even though he knew Raymah wouldn't have an answer. Only the Magi who were working on the spell work most recently would know if their work was close to being finished. He lifted completely from the bed and stepped on the hard marble floor, his orange translucent robe floating on the breezes. Immediately the messenger turned and began to walk from the sleeping chamber. Apox's equally soft foot falls were behind the animagon or they were only for a second. At the sudden silence behind Raymah turned to see that the Magi who it was to escort to the abode had disappeared from sight! Further down the tall halls where the faint orange glow of the Magi spell work should've been was now completely dark. Had the chaos came already?!

Suddenly the Magi who previously found himself sleepy and tired was filled with adrenaline energy as he started to suddenly fall in a light filled world. The sleeping chambers were kept quite dim naturally. Below he saw a lake that just shouted that it was cold. He wouldn't have to look at it for long though as soon the cold embrace enveloped him as he was now in the drink. With muscles aching from the sudden submerging he attempted to swim to the surface. He achieved that easily enough with out changing forms and was happy to see a large over hanging tree above him. With a hand out stretched the tree began to move, stretch. His hand began to glow a faint green as the tree moved and grew a branch out rapidly at the calling of his nature based magic. Soon a thick branch had been in his grasp and no sooner did the tree yank him from the embrace of the water. He found himself sitting hard on a thick branch high in the tree that supported all his weight.

He looked beneath him at the different individuals who were certainly just as confused as he was. He made no move to help anyone though as it seemed everyone was already receiving help or better off. He walked carefully through the branches of the tree before jumping down and waisting no time heading to a short child like female and one who had a eye patch. "What has just happened," he asked concerned that the chaos just came.

I ˟◞dis ✄ - - approve of ×× what you ゚say
                                    B U T x I x W I L L x D E F E N D x T O x T H E x D E A T H xxx
                                  to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death
                                    to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death to the death
                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                        ❛ your 《 right 》 to say it。
GRAPHICS AND CODING DONE BY MOOLAH1237. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL ANYTHING!

Magical Girl

User Image
ooooAdeline Lenearoooo
Miss Know-It-All

When the kid introduced herself as a guardsman, Addie realized that something was off, but she couldn't help smiling as the little girl in baggy clothes gave a very proper salute. How adorable! Addie quickly composed herself, however, as it was apparent that Emily was not a child after all and probably wouldn't appreciate being gushed over how cute she was.

"Oh, I'm all right," she replied. "Just waiting for my things to dry. Um, pardon my indecency."

Addie wasn't bothered about walking around in her underthings, as she had a very practical reason for doing so, but she figured she could at least be polite about it. Her parents would have a heart attack if they could see her now, but there was much more important things going on than worrying about being proper.

Like Miss Hawthorn's predicament, for one. She believed that she had been shrunken by this strange event, but that didn't seem quite right. Emily spoke and carried herself like an adult, yet if she had merely shrunk, she would still appear as one, just shorter. But her face and body were clearly that of a child's.

"Hope you don't mind me asking, but how old are you?" she inquired. "Because at the moment, I would place you somewhere between six and eight years old."

Before Emily had a chance to answer, a young man approached them; another confused victim of the mysterious incident. Addie flashed him a smile.

"Well, it appears that a random handful of people and miscellaneous objects have been simultaneously teleported to this location for reasons unknown," she told him brightly, as if it were a pleasant surprise. "It also seems that some of us may have been physically altered in the process."

She briefly wondered if anything about her own person had changed, but as far as she could currently tell, she was the same as she ever was.

"I'm Addie, by the way, and this is Emily. Pleasure to meet you. Please stick around if you have the time, I'd like to take a record of everyone here."

Hilarious Explorer

User Image
Feeling confused 。 Smiling like an idiot - Greeting and introducing.。 Lake Idunnowhere

Meeks tilted his head at the strange words the woman spoke. He had never heard those words before. Were they just words his master hadn't used around him? The concept of different languages was foreign to the little mouse in a man's body, he had only been raised hearing his mater speak for the most part. Judging from the look on his master's face though, this was not the case. Many people couldn't read the expressions of a mouse but Meeks could now count himself among the few that could, and Sayato was confused and agitated right now, characterized by his twitchy tail and his head hung slightly low. "Great...a language barrier...Just what we need."

"...Language? You mean like how you...We talk?" Meeks asked Sayato as he looked at their new desk buddy warily. She seemed harmless enough, but if he had learned anything at the temple was that looks could be deceiving. "Kind of...You see, different places and people have different words they use for the same thing."

"That seems kind of...annoying. Why can't there be just one language for everyone to know? Wouldn't that make sense?"

"Well, while you are right from a certain standpoint, I guess that what makes us...us. I'll explain it better later but just realize for now that everyone you meet from this point on will be wildly different from one another...Especially if any of them were affected in the same way we were." Meeks didn't really understand what Sayato was talking about, mice communicated in the same squeaks and body tones no matter where they were from, but his face had a childishly happy exprerssion on it. A few moments ago his only concern had been his next meal and getting some fresh air from his pocket. Now it felt like things had been expanded in every direction. He could feel things, move like he did, see like he did. My god, the colors. Colors he could have never even dreamed of when he was a mouse, so many that they strained his eyes if he looked at them for to long. Their situation may have been strange but for now it was as if he had very unexpectedly died and gone to heaven.
----------------------------------
A sharp whistle came from the beach, causing both Sayato and Meeks to turn their heads immediately due to instincts. On the shore there was a large shape beckoning them, humanoid in shape but obviously not human. Well, like he could talk. "Normally I wouldn't condone listening to mysterious people much bigger than me, but considering the situation we need all the info we can get. Who knows, with what happened to me she could be a princess or something. Or a prince. Or a parrot." He laughed at his situation as he watched the new girl help paddle the desk, hanging on for the sudden increase in force. "Slow down! If you push that hard we'll go off course!" The girl just kept on pushing, possibly not even hearing his squeaking voice over the water. "Oh right, she can't understand me anyways...Meeks! Get those legs in gear! I know I could match her, easy!" He used false bravado to inspire Meeks to kick his legs faster and before he knew it they were in shallow enough water to tread safely. He stayed on top of the desk as they approached the large woman, not wanting to test just how deep was the deep end for him. Mice weren't terrible swimmers in stagnant water but currents of any sort were a problem.

"Ummm....Hello." He greeted the tusked woman, taking note of a large hammer sitting on the shore. Meeks lost his sword in the water, it seems...It was ceremonial anyways so no big loss, but he would have felt a lot safer dealing with strangers if they at least thought they were armed. "We don't happen to speak the same language, do we? Do you know what's going on?" If he was lucky they shared a dialect of some sort. He had studied some languages for blending classes but he didn't recognize the words the other girl had spoken. At the very least maybe she spoke the girl's language, that would be a fine development.

Earlier in their haste to gain understanding, he had forgotten to introduce himself to the girl. Now seemed a good a time as any, seeing as how he really hoped they were safe. He made sure he had the white haired "maiden's" attention by walking into her eyesight before standing on two legs and pointing to himself. "Sayato." He said, pointing several more times to get across the point. With a quick little turn he also have the same gesture to the troll. "Sayato." He then pointed at his companion, currently staring very rudely at the Troll woman as he had never seen one before. "Meeks." Sayato introduced him which seemed to snap him out of his wonder as he gave a friendly and innocent wave.
                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                  ❛《 b↱etter to ˟◞die ×× ;;
                                      ゚ ▬ than be a ✄ - - ×× ◞p r i s o n e r x x xxx
                                          ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE 。》

Apox looked around as Adeline declared that only a handful of people had been teleported to the location. Though that may have been true Apox speculated that the event had further reaching results, more so than what they currently saw. His mind flashed back to the Magi of his homeland who were busy channeling a mass spell to prevent this chaos, had they also been teleported? In the Animagon Dominion a big threat was sensed, a big occurrence yet to come, until now. Certainly the teleportation of only a handful of people and their belongings could not be the sum of what was to happen. Though he took Adeline's words in Apox looked around the area as if he believed the female to have not gotten the full picture of the situation. He backed up several paces, getting a larger view of the environment of which he had never seen. The Animagon people were ones whom had a deep connection and respect for nature and as such Apox was awestruck at the beautiful scene before him. The young creature closed his eyes and bowed his head as he took a moment to give nature its proper respect and silent thanks for this opportunity for new scenery. He also gave thanks to the single Animagon God.

In Animagon culture it would've been proper for the male to change his form into one of the wood land creatures and adventure the area in that form for perhaps a day and night. He would have partook in this cultural ritual had there been any of the native creatures around but alas there were none in sight. Now that the moment of silent respect was over Apox began to think again on the current situation. When back in his homeland he had been sent on a quest to discover among other things the origins of the impending chaos of the land. While on said quest he found some lands that had already been thrown in the grips of the chaos. In some lands lake levels had risen at least fifty meters and in others people were randomly teleported to different locations, much like his current situation. That must of been it then, the chaos must have came and teleported him and those around him at random or so it appeared.

When the female known as Adeline mentioned that some of the people may have been physically altered he immediately began to feel his body and look about his person and was thankful that nothing had changed. His eyes landed on the little female when the one with the eye patch mentioned another name and Apox couldn't help but feel some dislike forming. Ever since he could remember Apox disliked children of all kinds, no matter the parents, societal class, or any other factors. The reason he always had such a dislike of children was a mystery to him and he had no intention of finding it out. He would subconscious keeping his distance from this Emily. Turning his head back to Adeline, "In my homeland the Magi or "Sorcerers" as you'd call them could sense something coming. We attempted to cast a spell that we thought could prevent the chaos but I fear we may have been too late." He said the last part in a sort of hushed tone as he looked up and around, again appreciating the new environment. He walked from the two females, summoning down large branches to go up into the trees. He would scout around while everyone got their selves together. He'd be only a ear shot away, thinking and planning.

I ˟◞dis ✄ - - approve of ×× what you ゚say
                                    B U T x I x W I L L x D E F E N D x T O x T H E x D E A T H xxx
                                          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                        ❛ your 《 right 》 to say it。
GRAPHICS AND CODING DONE BY MOOLAH1237. PLEASE DO NOT STEAL ANYTHING!
Bruce and The Hanged King

A Lake
________________________________________________________________________________________

Just my luck, thought Bruce to himself. He scrubbed more of the mud off of his fine white robes and tried to take a more level headed appropriation of the scenario he found himself. At the very least he was happy the monks of the Abbey knew how to make some robes. They didn't stain easily, if ever. He knows, he's tried. Bet a surprising amount of money on that fact. It seemed at the moment two groups were forming to either side of him. One was full of half naked women, one of whom seemed widely underage, and the other group was filled with stranger beings. As well he heard hints of a foreign language. He remembered back to his days in the Abbey under the tutelage of the monks. Very smart, but very strict in their studies. He went to bed a few times without a full meal. They were never so cruel as to simply starve him, but gruel can truly be just as cruel.

After balancing on his heals for a moment in the mud, deciding on a plan of action he eventually moved towards the ninja, troll, and the other girl who gave off an odd power of being, well, very strong. As he approached he caught the tail end of Sayato's plea for understanding. And realized it was coming from a mouse. Oh what had he walked into. He approached with a friendly wave and heavy footfall. "Greetings friends, quite the predicament we have here, isn't it?" He repeated the same too Sayato and Meeks, in their own language. Albeit Bruce had quite the accent. The worlds felt heavy and unmalleable in his mouth. They flew gracefully from his tongue as sap did from a tree. Well, maybe not quite THAT badly. Look, the point is he could speak the language and was rusty. So sue him. "Name's Bruce, in case you were wondering." He held out a hand to the troll, really the closest to him. A wide grin plastered over his face. An attempt to keep spirits up he supposed. He could here the old King laughing at that one.

User Image
Emily Hawthorn
█████████████

Emily felt incredibly disturbed when Addie told her she'd estimate her that young. She must be wrong! Or... Maybe not... But how would that even be possible?! 'Right, magic...' Emily thought bitterly. She desperately wanted to see herself in a mirror now, just to confirm the young woman's words. She still felt a sense of doubt. It just... Couldn't be true. Wasn't being teleported to a strange, unknown place enough? The tiny redhead was about to answer Addie's question when they were interrupted by someone else joining them. A young man, with red hair not much unlike hers came walking towards them. Addie, who Emily figured out was a decidedly well educated and smart young lady, answered his question. She watched the two with an emotionless face, glancing back and forth.

He was quite strange, seeming to be lost in the view of their surroundings. When Emily took another glance, it was indeed a beautiful sight, something she hadn't noticed at all when she first got here. But to be so enamored with it?
'Is he... misusing substances or just a very eccentric person?' she thought while casting the newcomer a wary look.

He began explaining to them how he and some others knew that this was going to happen, that they were too late preventing it. She let it mull over in her head as he walked away. But Emily let out a gasp as she saw the trees move to what appeared to be his command. Magic like that wasn't common on Teran. Her former stoic face lit up a bit in awe.

“That's amazing, I haven't had the chance to see a lot of magic in my lifetime! It appears to be all around us now...” She said, first excited and ending on a thoughtful note. “I'm not so sure if that's a good thing yet or not.” Emily said while sitting herself down on a nearby rock and tugging at her leather boots. She tugged and tugged and kept glancing up every now and then at the other people around, wincing a bit every time she had to bend too far. "To answer your question from earlier, I'm no where near as young as you thought me to be. I'm actually turning twentynine this year." She said, having decided to answer Addie before she forgot. She sighed. Her arms were too short, her boots were too long, the sun felt too hot. Emily didn't know what it was, but she just... didn't feel right. To distract herself from this unsettling feeling she started talking. “Y'know, he never mentioned his name, while you properly introduced us... and besides that, if those... Magi people knew something was going to happen, why didn't they warn other kingdoms? Surely some warning would've been nice for the people...” Was she rambling? Perhaps she was... I sure would have appreciated some...” the redhead mumbled.

She sighed at yet another failed attempt to get her stubborn shoes off and looked at Addie helplessly, her usual cold and professional facade falling away.
“Could you... help me, Miss Addie?”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas