Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Wife

Welcome  to  Facility  4

User Image

The fourth of five facilities owned and run by the United Nations, there is no record of the facility's existence, or its practices, in any country.

Trigger warnings for: possible experimentation/medical scenarios, nonconsensual imprisonment/kidnapping, possible foul language

In 1954, the first of what would be a worldwide phenomenon was found in New York City. The mutant's name is only known as 'Lillith', though her true name is unknown. She was left outside an orphanage by an unknown mother. Two webbed, grotesque wings were found on the baby's back when she was discovered hours later. The baby was immediately taken into government custody and raised under careful watch; meanwhile, more such mutants were found all across the country. Some of them had physical deformities, like Lillith; others had mental or seemingly magical abilities. In a panic, the UN constructed the first detainment and 'decontamination' facility on an isolated island near Hawaii- Facility 1. Over the next sixty years, the other four facilities were created, to accomodate the exponentially growing mutant species.

Though the main goal of the facility is rehabilitation and release of the patients, there have been very few cases where mutant genes are entirely removed from a patient. Unless a patient's abilities are rendered entirely useless (without the use of an anklet), and they are unable to pass on the mutant gene to any possible offspring, they will remain in the facility.

Some believe mutants aren't mutants at all, but are, in fact, the next step of evolution. Others believe them to be demons, the work of the Devil himself.

CONTENTS
1. Staff & Residents
2. OOC Rules
3. Applications
4. Characters

ATTN POTENTIAL APPLICANTS: Do not worry about getting caught up on the storyline! It is currently at a place where your character can jump right in without you needing much backstory. All you need to know is that there was just a breakout, and while staff is dealing with the aftermath, the facility is being removed from lockdown and everything is going back to normal. If you have any more questions about the plotline, just ask me in your application.

OOC Chat

Lucky Wife

STAFF  &  RESIDENTS

The staff of Facility 4 are not allowed to leave the island. Few have families, and those who do live with them in the staff housing building about a mile from Facility 4, with the rest of the staff members. The staff live in luxury there, perhaps to make up for their rather dangerous jobs.

Staff Hierarchy
Superintendant
Facility supervisor
Head doctor
Assistant head doctor
Head researcher
Assistant head reasearcher
Doctors
Nurses
Teachers/instructors (for younger patients)
Head Cook
Janitors, cooks, etc

Captured mutants, or 'patients', are first examined and assessed to determine their abilitie(s) and danger level. With the technological advancements of recent years, there are now more humane ways of controlling the mutants. Each patient is given a custom-made anklet. With most mutants, it will render their abilities useless unless removed; the anklets can only be unlocked by the facility's supervisor, the head doctor, or the superintendant of the five facilities. With other mutants, however, alternate methods may be necessary; such as surgical removal of physical deformities (ie, wings).

The residents are seperated into four danger levels- A, B, C, and D, with A being the most harmless and D being the most dangerous. Each patient is also assigned one of three behavior levels, which may change depending on the patient's obedience. Danger level may be changed depending on developments with anklet and experimentation.

Danger Level A
Loosely supervised contact with other residents
Loosely supervised use of day room
Supervised use of courtyard
Free use of exercise room
Green: All above priveleges allowed.
Yellow: No dayroom/courtyard; no contact with other residents.
Red: All privileges revoked, cell-bound.

Danger Level B
Supervised contact with other residents
Supervised use of day room
Heavily supervised use of courtyard
Supervised use of exercise room
Green: All above privileges allowed.
Yellow: No dayroom/courtyard; no contact with other residents.
Red: All privileges revoked, cell-bound; termination considered.

Danger Level C
Heavily supervised contact with other residents
Heavily supervised use of day room
Supervised use of exercise room
No use of courtyard
Yellow: All privileges revoked.
Red: All privileges revoked, cell-bound; termination likely.

Danger Level D
Heavily supervised contact with other residents
No use of day room
Heavily supervised use of exercise room
No use of courtyard
Yellow: All privileges revoked, cell-bound.
Red: Termination.

Danger levels A, B, and C are occasionally allowed to interact; however, usually A and B are kept apart from C.
Touching is disencouraged, and unallowed in danger levels C and D. Only vocal contact is allowed with these two levels.
Depending on a mutant's abilities, the above rules may differ.

Lucky Wife

OOC  RULES

Koujakus and Lukahhhhhhhh are the RP's co-moderators. Any issues, ideas, etc can be brought to either of them, or myself.

Last update: 6/3/14

1. Both IC and OOC rules may be expanded, further developed, and changed as I see fit. I will inform you OOC if such happens.
2. Try to keep the foul language and triggering scenarios to a minimum, but don't feel like they aren't allowed.
3. If you have an issue with someone else OOC, keep it OOC. Message them privately, and if necessary, you may message me OOC to resolve the issue.
4. Keep the OOC to the OOC thread, and try to keep the OOC thread's conversation to roleplay-related topics, ie plotting.
5. Be nice to each other OOC. Drama will not be tolerated.
6. Keep all posts above a paragraph long.
7. Follow general Gaia rules/ToS.
8. Do not take control of another person's character without express permission.
9. If you do not post for a week or longer without warning, you will be removed from the RP. You may reapply only once more.
10. You may only go on hiatus for up to three weeks.
11. Each player may play two residents and one staff or one resident and two staff until further notice. You may request to play one more after the inital three; your application will be confirmed or denied at the admins' discretion.

Lucky Wife

APPLICATIONS

Applications will all be submitted to me via PM. I will respond ASAP with whether or not you are accepted. You may post as soon as your application is accepted, but please introduce yourself in the OOC chat first.

Staff
[b]Full name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Physical description:[/b] (you may attach a link to an image if you wish. this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something.)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Facility position:[/b] (this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something.)
[b]Feelings about the residents:[/b] (this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something.)
[b]Family/friends/relationships:[/b] (this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something.)
[b]Roleplay example:[/b] (2-paragraph minimum)

Resident
[size=10][b]Full name:[/b] (for residents, this is usually just a single first name, as their former identities are erased as soon as they reach the facility.)
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Ability/Abilities:[/b] (this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something.)
[b]Danger level/behavior level:[/b] (this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something. i may also raise or lower the danger level according to what i think is appropriate for your character.)
[b]Physical description:[/b] (you may attach a link to an image if you wish. this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something.)
[b]Family/friends/relationships:[/b] (this can change over time; message me privately if you'd like me to change something. this only refers to other residents or staff at the facility.)
[b]Roleplay example:[/b] (2-paragraph minimum)[/size]

Lucky Wife

CHARACTERS

Staff

1. Full name: Heidi Anne Lovelace
Played By: High Jew Elf
Physical description: Long blonde hair, usually braided or kept in a ponytail; blue eyes; glasses; white; usually wears black and red beneath her labcoat and off-duty, but fairly plain clothing. { image }
Personality: Dr. Lovelace is chipper and friendly to the point of oddity. She tries her best to be kind and fair to the patients, but does not hesitate to dole out punishments when she feels they are deserved.
Facility position: Head doctor
Feelings about the residents: She is neutral.
Family/friends/relationships: None.

2. Full name: Eliza Coir
Played by: koujakus
Physical description: image
Personality: Eliza is the cold and quiet type. She's very dedicated to her research and abides by the rules to nearly a T. Not afraid to remind the patients of the rules and regulations, she's become very disliked. This does not bother her until it gets in the way of her experiments.
Facility position: Head Researcher
Feelings about the residents: Interested in what they can do, but no emotional attachment.
Family/friends/relationships: A stay at home husband named James.

3. Full name: Annalise Gemma-Marie Daunhaur
Played by: Neme-Goddess-of-Death
Physical description: Small framed, with violet eyes and chestnut hair. [xox]
Personality: Generally, Annalise is a quiet and timid individual. She's very skiddish and easily surprised. Oftentimes she simply keeps to herself, only going to work, doing her job, and going home. She spends a lot of time at home doing various crafts or spending time on her computer. It's very difficult to get her to speak to someone, and often doesn't speak unless she's spoken to by a high up staff member.
Facility position: Head cook
Feelings about the residents: Curious, but wary

4. Full name: Gregory Bowen [Goes by Greg, Dr. Greg, Dr. Bowen, and Dr. B. Will also be tickled pink if you call him House or Dr. House since Dr. House's name is Gregory too]
Played by: Lukahhhhhhhh
Physical description: [image] Messy hair just a little bast jaw-length, with bangs often clipped to one side to keep them out of his eyes. Fairly tall at six foot four inches, but pretty skinny as he sometimes [read: usually] has a habit of missing meals by accident.
Personality: Enthralled with his work, with a deep respect for his boss and coworker, Eliza Coir. He's a bit compulsive when it comes to his work, sometimes missing meals, or losing sleep because he was distracted by research on the mutants and mutations. He treats them kindly when with them, delighted by the chance to engage with them, and see on a personal level how the mutants behave, rather than just studying their genetic codes and abilities, but can sometimes come off as invasive to them when he forgets himself and gets too close or prods too much into things. [He sometimes does this with normal people as well, curiosity has always been a compelling force for him.
Facility position: Assistant Head Researcher
Feelings about the residents: Absolutely fascinated by them, and in love with his job researching them.
Family/friends/relationships: Dr. Sonya Everhart is his cousin.

5. Full name: Dr. Sonya Everhart
Played by: Lukahhhhhhhh, High Jew Elf, koujakus, others upon request
Physical description: {image}
Personality: Despite her young, girlish appearence, the superintendent of the facilities is very eloquent. She is incredibly smart, which is why she reached the top of the ladder at such a young age. She's developed many groundbreaking things for the facilities that have ended in more humane treatment of the residents, such as the technology behind the anklets that most residents wear. She is quick to anger, but is also an excellent problem-solver in times of emergency.
Facility position: Superintendent
Feelings about the residents: She encourages good treatment of the residents, and often delays answering termination requests in the hopes that the residents will redeem themselves. She sympathizes with them, and tries her best to ensure they're all treated fairly.
Family/friends/relationships: Dr. Gregory Bowen is her cousin.

Residents

1. Full name: Charlie
Played by: PassiveAnger
Personality: Obedient, optimistic, and kind. He'll readily comply to staff orders so long as it only involves him. He always smiled at people, loving their uniqueness. His favorite area is the court yard.
Ability/Abilities: Respawn- If he dies, he'll be reborn with all injuries healed. The amount of time before respawn will vary between five seconds or five minutes. Unknown if this is subconscious or due to severity of wounds. If decapitated, respawn will occur to either head or body. Depends on whatever one received less damage. He'll stay dead so long an anti-ability anklet maintains constant physical contact.
Danger level/behavior level: A/Green
Physical description: Blond, brown eyes, average height, visually muscular.
Family/friends/relationships: Has a small network of Danger level A residents.

2. Full name: Morgan
Played by: High Jew Elf
Personality: Morgan enjoys laughing, particularly when it irritates someone else. Xe very much enjoys enraging people, often by telling them truths they don't want to hear. When alone, xe is generally quite quiet, save the occasional little chuckle to xerself. It's possible that being in the facility since xe was 4 has made xer this way; nobody knows for sure (save, perhaps, the doctors). Xe suffers from frequent headaches, especially when xe uses xer telepathy abilities. The pain is always focused over the scar where xer third eye once was.
Ability/Abilities: Telepathy and telekinesis, as well succubus/incubus-like seduction powers. Xer anklet has rendered the telekinesis useless, however, the telepathy and seduction powers still work on other mutants (but not doctors). Xe was born with a third eye in the middle of xer forehead, but it was surgically removed and the socket sewn shut at age thirteen, leaving a rather grotesque scar. This removal weakened xer powers considerably.
Danger level/behavior level: B; yellow.
Physical description: Long red-pink hair, with bangs that come to the middle of xer face; xer two remaining eyes, though rarely seen, appear to have colorless white irises. Xe was born with no physical sex characteristics, or nipples. Xe was also born with needle-like sharp teeth, which- despite many attempts to file them down- always return to their former state the next day. { image }

3. Full name: Eunan
Played by: Lukahhhhhhhh
Personality: Determined to be optimistic, but ultimately a nervous and anxious person. Startles easily, and works hard to be a people pleaser. Sometimes seen as jittery or spastic.
Ability/Abilities: Nonpurposed emotional manipulation. Eunan emits pheromones via their pores depending on their own mood that affect others'. When feeling happy, they emit a soft sweet smell that makes you feel more prone to happiness, when upset or depressed [feelings that would make you want to be alone] they give of a damp discomforting smell that makes you prone to avoid them. When aroused, it smells the same as happiness, except it's likely to affect your body in such a way that you'll become aroused as well. When feeling anxious or scared they release a smoky scent that makes those around them feel numb and prone to fainting, and when agitated/threatened/aggressive they release a spicy scent that's laced with poison that will make you sick after prolonged exposure.
Danger level/behavior level: B; Yellow
Physical description: Five feet Ten inches tall, fair skinned, and lightly freckled. Eunan has short dark curly hair like this and dark green eyes like this. Leaning a little toward the 'too thin' side of weight and build, [matched with the pale complexion, and dark circles from lack of sleep] Eunan often looks on the verge of being sick.
Family/friends/relationships: none

4. Full name: Ghost (Though she remembers her real name- Yekaterina.)
Played by: High Jew Elf
Personality: Ghost is very quiet and shy. She rarely speaks to anyone, and it is difficult to gain her trust unless you are a genuinely honest, good person. She is blunt to the point of occasional, accidental rudeness.
Ability/Abilities: Ghost has the ability to turn invisible. She also has super-strength, super-hearing, and is very perceptive as far as body language and physical condition.
Danger level/behavior level: As her anklet does not work on any of her powers, and none of the Facility's tests or procedures work on her, Ghost is Danger Level D and Behavior Level Red.
Physical description: {image}
Family/friends/relationships: Annalise is her friend, and it is hinted that Ghost has romantic feelings for her.

Lucky Wife

OPEN  AND  ACCEPTING

Lucky Wife

User Image
M

"Hey, hey, little girl," Morgan chanted, jogging to catch up with Jess, who was also in the courtyard. "They cut out your eye, too, huh? They took one of mine. I still have two." A fanged grin stretched across xer lips, and xe held out a hand to shake. "My name is Morgan, or so they say. 'They' being the doctors, of course. What's yours?" Xe watched the black-haired girl expectantly, making no attempt to read her thoughts quite yet.

Dapper Reveler

User Image

XX " S W I T C H "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
S H A P E S H I F T E RXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There was a loud buzzing sound as Switch's cell door was opened. His was nice - nicer than most of the facility, at least. It was a reward for good behavior. While he did on occasion try to play mind games with the staff, he was generally harmless and therefore not treated like an animal. He could not say the same for the majority of Facility 4's "playmates", as he was fond of calling them. There was no checking of the anklet because Switch had no none. No - it wasn't because he was that good of an inmate. The facility's staff just found that the anklets that typically neutralized mutants' powers didn't exactly work on his. They made his face and body 'spasm' periodically, causing it to rapidly take on random forms. Instead, they found it was simply easier to put a helmet with a voice modulator on his head. He couldn't torment or confuse the staff by assuming their face or voice, and he could still see outwards.

"How are you doing today, Mr. Switch?" the male nurse inquired politely. "Is today an up day or a down day?"

"Definitely an up-day," Switch told him in the German accent he so liked to afflict. Coupled with the voice modulator, he could do an impeccable impersonation of Bane from the Batman series. None of the staff understood the reference, and just chalked it up to another one of Switch's quirks. It wasn't like any of them really ever got to see the light of day - not unless they were supervising the playmates' courtyard time. Sometimes Switch had to wonder how "free" the staff of Facility 4 really was. He sometimes liked to call them Level A Greeners, because while they appeared much more free than the subsequent levels and colors, in the end, they were still trapped in the Facility.

ooc: I'd like to make a little note that my character is a Level A - not Level B.

Lucky Wife

User Image
User Image

no i can't slow down, i can't hold back
though you know i wish i could...

"I can take it from here, darling," Heidi told the male nurse, stepping into the room behind him. He seemed surprised, but simply nodded. "Switch is due for an examination. It's been a month since his last. I'll bring him to the lab myself." The nurse left the room, and Heidi stepped closer to Switch's bed, smiling her usual cheerful grin. "Good morning! You're scheduled for a check-up today, but if all goes well, you should be allowed in the courtyard this afternoon." In truth, Heidi had more planned than a general check-up. They'd prepared a new serum, developed specifically for shapeshifters, and Switch was their first test subject, since he was the most obedient of their current shapeshifter residents. "If you behave well during your appointment, you may choose a reward from the usual list." She had high hopes for today's experiment. If it did, Switch would lose his ability to shapeshift, and the next step would be to isolate the mutant genes in his blood and remove them. If they did so, he could possibly be released, and the same could be done for other shapeshifting residents. She said none of this to the mutant before her, though, instead continuing with the illusion that it was a mere check-up on Switch's general condition. Experiments were generally at least uncomfortable, but usually downright painful, and she didn't want to alarm him before she could take his vitals.

no there ain't no rest for the wicked
until we close our eyes for good
User Image

╔════════════════╗
DE Ϩ MON D
"Danger Level: D
Behavior Level: Green
"
╚════════════════╝

My Dream Girl Don't ExistXoxo DJ oxoX
              Xoxo DJ Broken oxoXAt The Age of Five
              Xoxo DJ Broken oxoXoxoxShe Slit Her Wrists

A young doctor stood before a cell with their pen and clipboard. They'd been standing there for some time now, but the fields on the form in front of them remained empty. Not one stroke of the pen to paper. Instead they just stared into the chamber. There was no good reason for them to still be there. The form they held was a usual morning checklist that should have been reported over an hour ago. The reason it hadn't been filled out is because the doctor had no idea what to write, primarily because the one inside the cell was refusing to speak. These new doctors weren't usually asked to check on this one because of his refusal to speak to them, and this one was no exception. Instead the dark haired man inside sat in the middle of the floor with his back turned to them, legs crossed and arms folded over his chest. A look of content painted across his face. His eyes were closed as he listened, the occasional 'ahem' or 'excuse me' was all he heard, but he didn't respond. He was curious how long it would take before they became inpatient or simply left. The last piece of fresh meat to approach his cell just gave up after half an hour and went to get a senior staff member but one time they were so persistent they were banging on the glass to get a rise out of him. They failed of course, but it was amusing to see how worked up these people got when they were prevented from carrying out their duties. His one eye opened slightly hearing a gentle tap against the glass.

"E-Excuse me...Desmond is it? I was just wondering how you were feeling this morning" they asked timidly. Perhaps being in section D was putting them off. As if his back were about to burst open in a mess of blood and tentacles at any moment. Pretty far off but not totally wrong. The doctor was as safe as can be, but Desmond understood the concern. There were some real monsters in this section of the facility.

She Didn't Think I'd Be Hanging AroundXoxo DJ oxoX
                                                Xoxo DJ Broken oxoXSo Her Parents Buried Her

XoxoDJ BrokIn The Ground

Dapper Reveler

User Image

XX " S W I T C H "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
S H A P E S H I F T E RXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As the male nurse began his preparations, Switch played a common game of trying to guess, or remember, the man's name. Mr. Chen, wasn't it? They all started to look the same after a while. As he was about to lead Switch out, a shorter, decidedly more curvacious figure stepped in and interrupted him. She said it had been a month since his last check-in and blah blah blah something something god she was wearing a tight shirt today. Honestly, the best thing about this damned helmet - Bane voice notwithstanding - was the fact that no one could tell where his eyes were looking. Anyone who'd had more than a five minute conversation with him could probably guess, but still. The rather timid nurse excused himself, and Switch stood at attention. "Miss Lovelace," he said flirtatiously, with a grin you could practically hear. "Did you ask to examine me just so you could feel me up?,"

Lucky Wife

User Image
User Image

no i can't slow down, i can't hold back
though you know i wish i could...

Heidi laughed, taking the steel cuffs (mandatory for any resident traveling in the hallways) from their place at her hip. "My, my, Switch, wouldn't you like that?" she teased, cuffing his hands before him. "Unfortunately, I'm not in the business of taking advantage of my patients." But s**t, if he wasn't a mutant, he'd be just her type. Well- with the face and body he usually wore, anyway. She began to lead the way out of the room, making sure his cell was locked behind them.

To reach the laboratory, they had to pass through the hall of Block D; and that was when Heidi spotted the rather frustrated new doctor standing before Desmond's cell. "Oh, for goodness's sake... All level D checklists should be done by now! Go on, I'll do it myself." she scolded, stepping closer to take the clipboard and pen from the shorter doctor. They squeaked out an apology, recognizing Heidi as their superior, and quickly scurried back toward the relative safety of Block A. "Switch, stay there, this should just take a moment," she added, almost an afterthought. With Switch's record of good behavior, it never really occurred to her that he might do something disobedient. "Des, sweetheart, I know you're shy, but will you pretty please tell me how you're feeling this morning?" she asked the patient behind the glass, voice sweet and coaxing. "You've been doing so good lately. I'd hate to switch you to yellow."

no there ain't no rest for the wicked
until we close our eyes for good

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas