Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

14,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100
XXXXXXXXX
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXI f y o u c o u l d w i s h f o r a n y t h n g i n t h e w o r l d . . .

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

L o c a t i o n: The slave shop
C o m p a n y: mathuris
E m o t i o n: Intrigued, playful

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

tab tab
                                      Ah, a hitch. Was his first though when he heard what had become of Mathuris. Well, a time traveler? Claus certainly had not seen many of them in his lifetime. Sure, he'd heard people claim they could do it, but who was to really be certain? After all, from the sounds of it, the man in the cage could not control this ability, if even it was actually his, or perhaps it was just a once in a lifetime fluke? Mathuris' lifetime of course. Claus of all people knew the things that the universe was capable of, that there was more than just facts that made the world continue on and on.

If anything, the man was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. No pun intended. Though hearing this made him relax just a bit. It meant that the strangeness he'd felt from this man was because of the tragic incident that befell him.

More so, Claus was now almost hesitant to tell him that he was a being that could grant people wildest dreams and wishes. Why was he hesitant? Well of course he didn't want such news going around for one, and two, he didn't want to give this man any false hope. As it was, Mathuris was saying he had no hope for obvious reasons, and Claus could never promise someone anything, at least not right away. They had just met after all. No, besides that Claus had already decided long ago that he would grant no more wishes. He also tried to remember that he decided not to become close to others.

Unfortunately, he was and creature that got bored quite easily. The fact that this conversation had not yet bored him was almost amazing. He decided to stay for a bit longer. He let out another low chuckle when Mathuris said that he was unusual.

"Ah, yes I do believe introductions were skipped." He spoke calmly before sitting up a bit straighter, putting one knee onto the ground to balance himself. He slid his hand over his chest and bowed politely to the other man. "Claus is my name. Claus Kahn." He answered before glancing up expectantly to the other man.

"And I can see why you would be considered mad. Most cases like yours end up like that. Of course the fact that you are still alive is a tad surprising." He spoke, smirking slightly, his eyes holding a bit of playfulness to them. "Not to mention that most of what you know is currently outdated, even the way you speak..." He paused and then smirked, humming slightly before he continued. "Of course I have to admit that It's quite pleasing to hear someone speak so eloquently for once. Humans have gotten so lazy you see." He said thoughtfully, closing his eyes in submission.

"But, if that's the case, and if you are not mad then what are you?" He hummed, looking over the man again. "And as for my part, you presume correctly." He said, holding a finger up pointedly, a small smile on his face. "Now a better question." He started, leaning closer to the cage, his eyes watching Mathuris intently. "What do you think I am?"

Ihes egia

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXX

W h a t w o u l d y o u w i s h f o r ?XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

User Image
██████ Where am I?: Before Azzael's cagexxxxx Entertaining: Azzaelxxxxx Although Quietly I Am Thinking: I wonder...

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

:Tab:Looks like a good nap is out of the question. Hakurou's ears perk up as soon as he picks up a soft voice. The person owning that voice is not what catches the wolf's attention but the subject that is being discussed. The soft voice starts to go down memory lane as it recounts the memory it has of its previous master. For a second the a faint smile decorates the wolf's features. That is until the said voice starts to go into a sadder part of that memory and breaks into a sob. That just irritates him to no end. After all there are others within this hell that have lost masters to yet here the guy is baring his emotions on his sleeve without even once considering that such a subject might hurt the others. However Hakurou knows better than to grow agitated at the boy. Sure the wolf have seen many masters die. Being damn immortal is no trip into dreamland. But the real underline difference here is that the wolf have experienced it so many times that he have unconsciously started to adapt to it. Now instead of showing tears he flashes a cocky grin although that might seem a bit insensitive to many. After all who the hell grins like a Cheshire Cat when trying to comfort a sobbing person? Regardless it does not make hearing about death any less painful and this soft voice is starting to poke a spot that is not meant to be touched. The wolf rolls in his bed so that he can now see what is happening in the shop and his eyes drift to the owner of said voice. The voice belongs to one Alistaire and for a while Hakurou have the mind to try and get the boy to stop being so soft and simply man up to the loss. He gets up on all fours but before he can even reach the gates of his pen someone have beaten him to the person's cage. At first the wolf cannot tell who this possible buyer is. Hakurou is too busy watching as this green haired man tries to comfort Alistaire and watching them brings about some mixed feelings. Regardless the wolf simply let out a lopsided smile. Yes Alistaire finally stopped sobbing over a lost master but also the wolf is merely happy to see that there are masters out there that are willing to actually care. Not wanting to disturb their little conversation Hakurou turn his attention elsewhere.

:Tab:The wolf's eyes land onto the cage that houses the angel that many call Azzael. While Hakurou may not have heard the entire conversation he does pick up enough to know that this particular winged being is not so tough even though he likely have a mouth on him. With a leap the wolf gets out of his pen and approaches the cage of the said angel. Looking through the bars he finds that the guy is already taking a nap. Or he appears to be. Either way that little slumber is about to come to an abrupt end. "For some who has the color blue on their collar you sure wear your emotions on your sleeve sometimes." By that tone of voice it sounds like the wolf is trying to provoke some sort of reaction from the angel. And he will be lying if he said that it was not his intent. After all he, himself, also have a blue tint to his own collar even though he tends to talk rather easily. But the words are not there as a means for the wolf to make fun of the angel's unfortunate situation but as a compliment. So many of the slave are either overly bitter or overly emotional that it is hard to find someone that can keep a leveled head. Although Hakurou could just be over thinking it. Maybe this angel will prove him wrong and act like a bitter man who can only whine and complain without trying to do anything about it. Too common nowadays. He does not know if he have gotten the angel's attention or not but he will continue to talk nonetheless, "I suppose the fragile bird have earned a reward. So do me a favor and turn around so I can reach your back." Again a smile paints itself across the wolf's face. But this time the smile seem a bit softer than before. Although it only lasts a minute before the wolf is once again back to his usual Cheshire smile. Of course Hakurou never explains exactly why he asked Azzael for this favor. And for all the angel knows the wolf simply wants to bite a piece of his wings off. In the end Hakurou will leave it up to Azzael to decide whether or not to trust him.

OOC:
                                                                      I hope you don't mind me interacting with Azzael.

Fox_of_Black Fire
                                                                      Azzael

Dedicated Lunatic

11,725 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
    User Image

XXX
    xxI'm lucky if I ever see the light of day again
    my sin is choking me, my crude built walls are closing in
    This cell is filled with claw marks easing me, their teasing me,
    they told me so I didn't know the fall would be this easy.....

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
    XXXXXxxXXX▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
    XXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXYour way to life has only showed me what a fool I am
    It serves the purpose of confirming I remain condemned
    And I will ever linger on the edge
    Unless you hear me!
    !XX

Azzael | Uzziel | Carivean
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image
                                                  The angel sat up hearing a familiar voice outside his prison, he tilted his head to one side a frown formed over his lips. The wolf did not bother the winged creature all that much, having dealt with far more dangerous demons in his life span. "If given the choice of fighting or not fighting. I would prefer not to fight, but alas I can't allow my guard to drop for even a moment. Someone may decide to take advantage of a sign of weakness." Azzael remarked as he lifted a hand pushing his hair back from his eyes, he felt no need to bite at the wolf, even if the creature was more of shop pet than a captive like everyone else within the shop. When the other asked for him to show him back, he narrowed his eyes at Hakurou not sure if he should trust a being with such sharp teeth. Azzael gazed at the white hair being for a short moment before he sighed turning his back toward the wolf, it was risk he was willing to take if he could stretch his wings out for even a minute or more.

"Just a fair warning, you bite me, you bet if I get out of this place some of your teeth will be knocked from your skull!" Even if his threat held no real intent, he himself knowing the wolf happened to be far stronger than his smaller frame. Azzael glanced over his shoulder as he shifted back so his wings were closer to the bars of the cage. He watched Hakurou for a second thought crimson colored eyes, before he relaxed his shoulder and turned his head away from the taller male. The blonde dropped his head, resting his hands upon his lap, giving the wolf complete control which was not the easiest thing for the angel accomplish.

"Why would the guard allow you to release my wings? You know what i can do with them, given the chance." He said with a slight chuckle, not that he happened to be complaining if Hakurou did take the binding off his feathered wings. Azzael started to second guess his decision to trust the other immortal, yet he remained where he sat giving things over to chance for a change. He shifted his wings as much as the binding would allow, a shiver running down his spine as his feathers brushed against his skin.

xx How long until I find the strength to stand
    I wait for mercy in your bleeding hand
    I know they'll come with what I'm owed-guilty as charged
    My enemies belittle me reminding me the penalty of all my deeds despite my pleas is death
    xx
    XXX▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

User Image
        User ImageUser Image

ShiShikin
User Image
User Image

Location the shopxxxxCompany FaustxxxxMood confused, grieving

His chest was hurting, his heart even more so. But slowly, Alistair felt his tension and bottled up sorrow ease away, one tear at a time. He felt something against his face - skin, fingers - and he looked up to have a hand pressed against his wet cheek. Through blurred vision, he made out the face of the other, those green eyes that seemed to hold a certain sorrow and mystery. "Very," he wanted to reply, but he couldn't trust his voice just yet; he didn't realize how much it had hurt until now. He swallowed hard and closed his eyes, trying to stop his tears. He had cried enough, and even though the man gave him permission, Alistair felt he really needed to stop. Letting out built-up emotions was one thing, dwelling on them in self-pity was another.

He sucked in slow, steady breaths, focusing on the comforting feeling against his cheek. It was gentle, and it reminded him of his own mistress' soft hand. It was strange, what kind of effect this man was having on him. First he gives off this uneasy feeling then fills him up with sorrow before finishing up with this sense of comfort and nostalgia. And his words, despite them being common words given to the mourning, Alistair felt he could trust him. Surely this was no ordinary person. The siren desperately wanted to ask, to know who this man was, but would he get his answer?

He wiped away his remaining tears with his sleeve, calming down to a few sniffles. He blinked a few times and felt his eyes begin to swell from the salty tears. Alistair looked at the other with a bit of uncertainty, but he gathered the will to ask. "Thank you, but.. Who are you?" he said, voice still a bit unsteady. "You know her, I think, but you're not a friend of hers, are you?" It was more of a statement than a question, but he couldn't shake off the feeling.

ooc :: it's a little short, sorry
                                    The Little Earl

Dapper Phantom

14,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

S e y l a n
User Image
F a u s t

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

L o c a t i o n: the slave shop
C o m p a n y: Alistaire
E m o t i o n: Anxious, worried, nervous

User Image

tab tab
                                      Seylan decided to remain quiet, for the mans sake. He could feel his soul calming down, being soothed, and he could see that he was managing to hold himself together on the outside as well. This made the reaper smile slightly, he was glad. From what he could tell, this mans soul was gentle, so of course a light touch would feel comforting. At least that's what Seylan believed.

When the boy looked up to him and thanked him Seylan was going to say there was no need, but the boy continued with a question. Who are you. The thing that haunts your dreams at night? The thing that cuts through everything to reach the epicenter of your very existence? The creature that rips away your loved ones, separating you forever until it's time for your own departure from this world? Seylan had a lot of ways he could explain what he was, finding the right one was always the difficult part, and he had little experience in actually outing himself to others.

Things only became more complicated when the boy continued his questioning, asking him how he knew the kind old woman he lived with.

He quickly pulled back his hand, his expression fell to a poorly hidden one of grief. Though it soon turned a bit anxious as he debated. How could he tell this poor boy what he'd done? That because Seylan existed people died, and when his mistress died, he was put out and sold and hung up here in this terrible place for people to come around and poke, prod and humiliate him?? His gaze lowered sadly before he turned his head to the side, unsure.

"I don't quite know how to answer that." He spoke softly. What could he say? Sorry he reaped the only woman who cared about this boy? Sorry he took her soul and sent it off far away from him? Leaving him all alone in the world!?

This was a small part of the reason Seylan did not try to connect with others. He pursed his lips, lowering his head a bit so his hood fell more over his face, concealing it again. It took a moment, but he spoke up again.

"In truth, I did not know your late mistress. At least not in anyway that we were close." He said lightly, glancing back to the slave. "Forgive me, I just acted on the urge to console you." He paused. "I didn't mean to upset you, and more so, I don't mean to continue upsetting you." He added. "I've just never been fond of that sound." He murmured.

ooc;; No worries! :3
                                      Lord Shiny Butt

User Image
User Image
User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXNaoTsukiyami.
Listen, can you hear it?x.To the soundxof deafening Silence. x . . .
User Image

indentWaking up abrubtly Nao hadn't noticed that he had dozed off, he couldn't relax enough to rest and get his fever down and with this wire around his wrists it was only irritating his skin.The shop was a buzz with more people coming in to claim a slave, Are these people so in need of another living being to do their chores for them? it was honestly sickening to watch. The sound of muffled cries brought Nao's attention to a boy who looked like he couldn't hide his emotions any longer and then the man with the green hair gently consoling his spirits. It was odd to see since Nao himself couldn't remember the last time he could show such emotion, ' when was the last time I smiled? cried? was scared or anything like that?'No he could not recall. just a bit farther in the shop was another man? no he was a wolf it seems who was speaking to an angel, Nao had never seen one before.

What was he doing? their was no point at looking at the other slaves was there. All Nao wanted right now was some water to drink, with the way the was warming up his body was going to start acting up soon. Little blue light of fire appeared around Nao's hair but just as quickly as it appeared they would snuff out. Sitting up Nao couldn't see any kind of container that would have fresh water not that he thought that they would even bother to provide fresh water. Sighing all he could do was just stand there on his knees looking out around the shop and maybe they could bring him water if he waited long enough.

OOC: Don't know what else to do. still waiting.

Come with me, into the silence.
████████████████████████████████ ███████ ████ ███ ██████text text text text text text
_
_

Otherworldly Garbage

❈ Ϻ α т н υ ʀ ι s ❈

Unusual, yes. That was a fitting adjective, the raggedy man noted mentally. This dapper stranger didn't so much as bat an eye when Mathuris explained the circumstances of his arrival. On the contrary, it almost seemed to calm the subtle furrow in the djinn's features, as if he'd just solved the great riddle of the Sphinx herself. A polite smile spread across those dimpled cheeks as he nodded in kind. Given the height of his cell, or lack thereof, a standing bow was out of the question. "Ah, and I am Mathuris Pérez. It is a pleasure, Claus Khan."

If Claus Khan knew anything about wandering through time and space, Mathuris would take in every word with a rapt earnestness he seldom felt for anything outside the laboratory. This might well be his only opportunity to learn anything about the topic, the likes of which he'd never expect to see outside of 19th century science fiction. "Deus meus...."so this type of cosmic phenomenon occurs throughout the course of hum--" 'You old goat, there are other intelligent races in this new world of ours.' His tongue almost wiggled against the roof of his mouth before he willed it to continue where he'd left off "of history? Curious, yes, how curious.....Unless, unless the field of physics has propelled itself to a new level of understanding about the fabric of the universe itself, hm?" No, now was neither the time nor place to incite a debate on the finer points of quantum mechanics. In his proper time, he'd enjoyed such debates with colleagues in the physics department, though. It wasn't his field of interest--his was the study of life, more specifically the evolution of life on Earth--but he spent enough hours regaled by fellow-'eggheads' to get a basic understanding of certain concepts.

At any rate, a funny coincidence that the covert djinn should point out how clearly-outdated the raggedy man's understanding of the world was. He hummed thoughtfully to himself, his fingers absently tapping at his left knee cap, before observing those weathered honey eyes sealing slowly. "To jaded old men, then? It is good to know that old guard steels on in this...this mechanical jungle," he returned, a quizzical, half-jesting smirk creasing his cheeks. A shame indeed that he had no glass, not even a crude cylinder of a cup, to propose a toast proper.

'What am I?' That was a nebulous question, one that had the potential wrap itself into a treatise on a grander scale. Within the present context, it was an easy one for Dr. Mathuris Pérez to answer. "If not so clouded by insanity, you might call me lost. I am but a man--a scientist by trade, in my native time--and a nomad. I am what you might call an accidental wanderer in the fourth dimension." Now as for the djinn Claus Khan, it would be significantly more difficult to touch on. He stole a few moments, humming pensively to himself, tapping idly at his chin, before he could muster a sufficient answer to other's question. "Now you seem to have me a loss, Claus Khan. I must confess, I understand little about magic or magical beings. Even as my own eyes bear witness to men with wings and tails....as they conjure plasma at will and see beyond the mortal coil, I can scarcely believe that natural selection bore such races.....how, how could that be in this lawful physical universe? What preternatural laws has science failed to uncover? If, though, I were to hazard a guess, I would think to say a wizard gifted with some form of immortality, or else a fae."

The Little Earl

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

"Now similar clouds are spreading their vacuous sheets. Do you say nothing? I am lame in the memory." - Sylvia Plath

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

User Image
██████ Where am I?: Before Neo's Cagexxxxx Entertaining: Azzael >> Neoxxxxx Although Quietly I Am Thinking: I really should be getting something to eat.

:Tab:The wolf is not the only one to mask his emotions it seems. However the fact that the angel says that he prefers not to fight makes the wolf grin a bit. "Cannot blame you there. If I have to guess I believe almost everyone that have pass through the front doors of this shop want the same thing. But..well...I do not have to explain to you how cruel fate can be sometimes." Hakurou watches as the angel turn his back to the bars. With padded paws the wolf approaches the cage but he can only smirk as he stops right before the cage. While he senses no malice from the other's voice the angel warns him that he will be losing some teeth should he try to take a bite out of those white wings of his. "That sounds like a challenge." Hakurou replies with a devious chuckle, "Maybe I should give it a try just to see how you plan to pay me back." The wolf waits a bit to see how the angel will react. Not that such a thought have ever cross his mind but the wolf is known to cause a bit of commotion if he wishes for it. Regardless of what the angel thinks Hakurou is not really one to torture, or provoke, someone who is locked inside a metal box. It is simply not in him to play with someone who cannot bite back. "Just kidding there tweety. I am not one to go after wounded prey." He darn well knows the angel's name but he makes a habit of making up nicknames. If Azzael hates it then he can easily just tell the wolf off for it. Although whether or not Hakurou actually oblige is another story. The wolf's glaze falls onto the angel's wings which is bind down not only by leather straps but also covered by chains and a lock. Upon seeing those chains Hakurou cannot help but growl a bit. He hated chains. Sure they are useful for binding up the more dangerous slaves but those damn things can eat into a person's flesh. And just thinking about that is enough to stir up some unpleasant imagery. As Azzael relaxes a bit the wolf shakes off the feeling of unease and pushes his muzzle through the bars so that his teeth can touch the chains that are wrap around the angel's wings.

:Tab:The moment he have his jaws clamp onto the chains Azzael asks him if the guards are really going to let him take off the bindings. The smirk upon Hakurou's face widens, "Heh. What they do not know probably won't kill them." The wolf chomps down hard onto the chain links causing it to snap with a light clang. Afterwards his fangs finds themselves on the leather banding and with a simple yank he takes them off allowing the angel free movement of his wings, "I am sure you are not so dumb as to blow off an opportunity if you did get a chance. And if you really must do something stupid just make sure they do not forget it anytime soon." Hakurou flashes a confident grin as if to say that no matter what he is sure that Azzael will be able to get himself out of it. After all if the guards were any good at their job they wouldn't have needed to use Hakurou as a night guard to begin with. A yawn then escapes the wolf's maw, "Well enjoy your wings. I do not know how long it will be before a guard catches on but you should have a minute or so before then. As for me...I am going to get something to eat."

:Tab:With that said Hakurou starts for the room's exit but stops a second to look into the cage of another slave. This one a elf called Nao. By the look of things the boy looks like he is need of water. The two do not talk but all the same the wolf gets the message and his usual Cheshire grin returns. My job is never done. Slowly the wolf approaches the elf's cage, "Hey kid." He waits until he have manage to make eye contact with the elven boy, "You look like you need some water." Since he is going to the kitchen anyway he thought he can ask if the guy needed any. With the costumers roaming about he doubts he will be able to take a peaceful nap anytime soon.

Fox_of_Black Fire
                                                                      Azzael

iMaiko
                                                                      Just worry about the last paragraph. And sorry if it is so short.

Dapper Phantom

14,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Rebuilder 100
XXXXXXXXX
User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXI f y o u c o u l d w i s h f o r a n y t h n g i n t h e w o r l d . . .

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

L o c a t i o n: The slave shop
C o m p a n y: mathuris
E m o t i o n: Intrigued, playful

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

tab tab
                                      When Mathuris introduced himself, a small smile came onto his face. He always felt a strange sense of satisfaction when he learned the name of another person. Perhaps it was due to the fact that Claus had not actually introduced himself to another person for quite some time now.

Of course he had his reasons. Part of it had to do with unfortunate things that happened in the past, and the rest was simply because he'd made it a personal rule to keep his distance from others. If he refrained from becoming too close with other people, he figured it would save him a lot of trouble in the future.

As Mathuris continued to speak though, Claus' attention shifted back onto the man, observing him as he seemed ever so enthusiastic about comprehending the implausibility of time travel and how perhaps physics had advanced so much that it had somehow managed to debunk the marvel of time travel to a point of possibility. An honest smile came onto his face as he watched the man quietly. Mathuris looked as excited as a child with free range of a candy store. It was almost cute the way he seemed so happy.

Claus was brought back to attention when it seemed Mathuris had calmed himself down somewhat and was now focused on him. A small chuckle escaped him as Mathuris attempted something close to a 'toast' for the both of them, merely on the premise that they were both well beyond their years already. He returned Mathuris' seemingly cautious smile with a calm one of his own. To jaded old men, indeed. He thought to himself as he looked over the man thoughtfully.

He briefly thought about Mathuris' life. What must it have been like to have woken up in a place at least one-hundred times more different from what you've known your entire life. It must have been traumatic to say the least, and even so, Mathuris was still here, alive and well. Or at least as well as one could be after being captured as a slave.

He felt a small pang of sympathy and his smile faded. He wondered if Mathuris felt lonely, having had no choice in the matter to leave everything he knew and held dear behind him, and sadistically was thrust into a life of servitude in a strange harsh environment. Claus held back a sigh. He shouldn't pity Mathuris. He should even feel sympathy, that would only get him in trouble wouldn't it?

Again though, Claus was brought back to focus as Mathuris began talking again, and revealed that in his time, he had been a scientist. Well then. For someone who's life and logic were based on hard facts, suddenly being thrust through time with no explanation must have been even more discouraging and confusing for the man. As Mathuris seemed to continue after a bit of thought, Claus realized he was giving an answer to the last question he had posed to the man a short time ago.

His lips curved into a wide smile when the man gave his best educated guess. He couldn't hold back the hearty laugh that escaped him.

"An immortal wizard or a fae? That's rich, Mathuris." He smiled as he laughed, the edges of his eyes faintly wrinkling, most likely from underuse as Claus had not had a good laugh in a long while. He took a moment to collect himself before speaking again. He calmed himself down and then let out a content sigh, the smile still faintly on his lips as he suddenly turned a relaxed gaze towards the man in the cage.

"But alright." He started in a low voice before tilting his head somewhat, the corner of his mouth turned up into a half smirk. "I'm an immortal wizard." He spoke calmly before straightening himself a bit.

"Though it seems you're having quite a difficult time accepting the fact that there are beings in this world with much more potential than a human." He said calmly as he watched over the man, a playful glint in his eyes. "Although I can't quite lay all of the blame on you, as scientists in the past have, still do and most likely always will question the relativity of a thing called 'magic' in compared to their hardened facts and things they can see first hand and explain on their own." He explained calmly. "Humans are limited after all, then again you've already digressed the fact that you have little to no knowledge on magic." He said leaning foreword a bit more again. "So I shall be the one to give you your first lesson then, yes?" He stated before smirking, tilting his head to the side as his gaze was firmly settled on the man. "Even with all of your science, in this world there always has been, and always will be, just a bit of magic." He said with a smirk, and then snapped his fingers.

Suddenly as if out of thin air, which it was, a small butterfly with blue and green wings suddenly fluttered by Mathuris' head inside of the cage. Of course Claus wasn't looking to put on a show, nor was he wanting to frighten this man who's past consisted of strict facts and hard structure, so after a bit of fluttering around, Claus let go of the illusion and the little butterfly slowly vanished seemingly as soon as it had appeared. It fluttered it's little wings before disappearing.

As he watched Mathuris, still trapped in that cage though, his smile slowly faded once more. It was definitely strange. He wondered, if Mathuris seemed to get so excited from the knowledge that he knew in his past, with all the advancements the world had continued to make, he would probably have a field day learning everything he's missed up to now.

"It's a shame they've got you locked up in here. I have a feeling you'd have a lot of fun here." He mumbled, mostly to himself as he looked over Mathuris. Then he felt that pang of sympathy again, and he pursed his lips.

Claus had not had luck in the past making friends, or staying close to people, or being able to have anyone he cared about. No. Companionship seemed like nothing but a dead end for him. He also made it a personal rule to not get close to people. He knew that nothing good could come out of it, and for the longest time, Claus had not had a problem. He avoided people as much as necessary, and even if he got into a conversation it didn't last long, and he never felt the need to find that person again. It had been lonely admittedly, but he never felt the need to seek out companionship.

This though, he had to admit felt a bit different. Sitting here and talking with Mathuris felt different, refreshing. Maybe it had to do with the fact that this man was unlike anyone he'd had the pleasure of meeting in a long time. Which was funny considering Mathuris came from the past. Still, Claus knew already that he wouldn't change his ways after just one conversation, but he did feel it was wrong to cage an intellect like Mathuris. Would it be wrong to help? He hadn't gone out of his way for someone in quite a long time, but maybe that just meant he was overdue.

"Mathuris, tell me." He started, his tone was even. "If your wish was to get out of this shop, would you want it to come true?" He finished, watching him with almost tired eyes now.

ooc;; Ahh, well sorry this is so long! And I wish i hadn't lost the original i'd written, I hope this post will do anyways D:
                                      Ihes egia

XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXXX
XXXXXX

W h a t w o u l d y o u w i s h f o r ?XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
        Kuno Rugarru

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes, he was quite used to blacksmith shops like this.

Kuno smirked smugly, inspecting the blades with a sharp eye. Of course, he said that any knife would do. The fact that the woman was still giving him a choice slightly unnerved him. There had to be some sort of catch, some sort of way that that he'd be indebted to the noble. Given, he was already put under her servitude. But to him, that was bad enough. He didn't need to give her more fodder in her arsenal. His pride wouldn't allow it.

With a smidge of reluctance the slave entered the establishment. He gave a nod to Yerlet, a brow furrowed. What could a noble have to get at a blacksmith? When they already have a guard to take care of them? Was it more of a hobby? It was so unusual for a female to have a hobby like swordsmanship, however. He couldn't help but question it.

While his new master looked through the weaponry provided; Kuno took a gander at the ones that were fairly simple, yet finely made. Enough to make a quick jab that dealt sufficient damage. He balanced each on his finger and thumbed the edges before looking at the price. A dark brown handled knife did catch his attention, however; the price---way too expensive. He moved on.

Finally, one felt right. His standards were met, and it wasn't too pricey--much more on the affordable side. The looks weren't very fashionable, yet that held no merit to him. He didn't care about the beauty of the tool. All he needed it to do was work. "So? he prompted his master, sheathing the knife, "I have made my decision."

Where: Smith shop
With: Yerlet.
Mood: Decisive.

Kileah

User Image

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXNaoTsukiyami.
Listen, can you hear it?x.To the soundxof deafening Silence. x . . .
User Image

indentThe wolf man who had been speaking to the angel looked as he was leaving already and had taken notice of Nao. It was kind of him to ask if he wanted water, to which Nao give a simple nod of acceptance, very much grateful to the wolf. Nao sat back down tired of noise that was increasing by the minute.

Come with me, into the silence.
████████████████████████████████ ███████ ████ ███ ██████text text text text text text
_
_
User Image

The young looking slender man gracefully exited the vehicle telling the driver to wait for him. The driver nodded. The man stood up to a height of 5 feet 8 inches. He was dressed in good clothing, a white shirt, medium blue jacket and trouser, nice but good sturdy shoes. He'd left his hair loose for this trip. Black in color it flowed down his back and chest. Zephir was handsome. At least most people who knew him thought he was. Only one thing slightly marred his handsomeness. That was a scar, or at least what looked to be a scar, above and below his left eye. Amazingly there was no damage to the eye itself. The left and the right eyes were a dark blue. They could hold a variety of emotions from happy to sad and everything inbetween.

Perched on one shoulder was a metallic object, gold in color. As Zephir moved away from the vehicle the object glinted in the sun. A few people paused to look toward Zephir. He noted their looks and gave a casual nod back. Then the object on his shoulder moved and those nearest to him heard a soft whirring sound then the object spoke.

"Zephir, this is a slave shop." announced the golden bird.

A collective gasp was heard. Zephir didn't seem to notice their reaction as he was responding to the object which the people now noticed looked very much like a bird.

"Yes, it is. I may have need of you. If I don't please observe and remember."

"Yes Zephir."

With the same graceful movements Zephir walked to the shop. Just as he touched the knob to enter he picked up on two familiar scents. "Humm, the prince and his cousin have visited this shop only a short time ago. Interesting." Pushing the door open he stepped inside, pausing to look around then noticed the second door. Zephir moved to open the second door passing through. Noting the guard he approached and offered his name. The guard's brows rose slightly upon hearing his name for he recognized it and had heard of the man before him but this was the first time he'd met Zephir.

A bit in awe he passed Zephir into the slave shop. Zephir thanked the fellow then began to move among the cages, pausing briefly before each to look inside and observe the occupant for a few moments. Then he moved on.

When Zephir reached Nao's cage he could tell the young elf inside was ill. He calm expression
instantly changed to a frown. Zephir concentrated on the elf, using his natural healing abilities to
determine as much of the youngling's condition as he could without being able to touch him or examine him more closely. His frown deepened. Stepping back from Nao's cage he motioned two guards over. When they arrived he had a soft conversation with them. If Nao wished to listen he was welcome to do so. Zephir had a feeling he would but wasn't entirely sure.

To one guard he said. "There is a dark red vehicle parked outside this shop. Please go ask the driver for the pack containing medicine. Bring it back in and give it to the healer responsible for taking care of injuries or illness in this establishment. Please ask the healer to take care of the young slave is that cage first." he indicated Nao's cage. "I would like to speak with the slave once he has been tended to. If there isn't a healer attached to this shop please find the owner and bring him or her and the pack to me."

Zephir was about to tell the second guard to get the slave some water when his keen hearing picked up on the wolf asking the slave about water and the slave's response. Well that would be taken care of...Good. Noting the guard he'd just spoken to hadn't left yet he looked back at him. "Well go get my pack." he stated. The guard snapped his attention back to Zephir, nodded and headed out.

Now Zephir turned his attention to the second guard. "If the elf can be safely released from the bindings holding his wrists will you please do that and have the healer take care of his wrist as well. I will be looking around the shop while this slave is taken care of but I will return to him soon." The second guard nodded and moved off to do what Zephir had asked. Zephir looked to Nao. "Young man I do want to speak with you but it will be better to do so after you have had some water and hopefully been tended to."

Zephir moved to the cage, lifted the golden bird off his shoulder and set him on top of the cage. Then he spoke to the bird. "Watch and relay to me what takes place while I have more of a look around."

"Yes Zephir." responded the bird.

With that Zephir gave Nao a nod then moved off to look inside the other cages. He saw another slave with injuries. He saw calm, agitated, angry and sad slaves. None caught and held his attention more than a few moments until he came to Azzael's cage. Immediately he realized there was something different about Azzael. It took him a few moments of standing quietly, a short distance from the cage observing the young man, of testing the air to pick up a scent if there was one, to recall something his great grandfather had once told him and then he knew what Azzael was.

Zephir moved closer to Azzael's cage stopping about a foot away. "Hello. Your wings are beautiful. Would you be willing to talk with me?" his voice was rich and vibrant.

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

User Image
██████ Where am I?: Before Neo's Cagexxxxx Entertaining: Neoxxxxx Although Quietly I Am Thinking: Let me cut those wires for you.

:Tab:The shop becomes even busier as another potential customer enters the slave display. While the extra customer does not bother him too much the extra noise cause by the sudden stir does. Being an animal Hakurou's sense of hearing is narurally more sensitive so all this hussle and bustle is only helping to further irritate his ears. While the white wolf does not flinch he does starts to rub his ear with one of his paws as if trying to stop his ears from ringing. It is simple getting too noisy for his liking. Despite his growing feeling of irritation Hakurou's attention is mainly on Nao as the elf nods in reply to wanting water. The wolf responds back with a smile and nod of his own as if to say he will do it. However his ears manage to pick up onto something before he can even turn about. The new face, Zephir, seem to want the elf unbound and healed up. As shown earlier Hakurou have nothing against masters wanting to treat the slaves nicely. He much prefer it that way. But how this man is doing it is what causes the wolf to click his tongue a bit. Really this supposed master does not seem to get the basics of even forming a relationship. He looks over to Nao and states, "Wait right there. I will be sure to bring you something." Hakurou then starts heading for one of the guards but it is not for water. The wolf sits in front of said guard making that guard wonder what the wolf is thinking. That is until the wolf suddenly darts up and snatches the keys off of the guard's belt.

"You worthless mutt!"

:Tab:The guard tries to tackle Hakurou down only to have the wolf ram head first into his gut. The guard clutches onto his stomach and soon collapses onto the carpet as Hakurou looks down upon him with a cocky grin. Incompetent guards. With the keys in his maw the wolf heads over to this Zephir person and tosses out the keys so that they land next to him. "If you want to help them so badly do so yourself. But NEVER let a guard do it." The wolf's voice seem to carry a slight undertone of irritation. For a customer like Zephir it might be confusing as to why but to the slaves they probably know why better than anyone. The guards here are not a very friendly bunch and Hakurou have seen that firsthand. They will starve a slave just so they can torture said slave with food later. And their idea of treating an injury is to pin a person to the ground as they roughly handle the injured area. It is not a pretty sight. However the wolf will not explain this to Zephir and simply turns away and starts heading for the door. He never is one to act friendly towards customers much which might explain why he is still there to begin with.

:Tab:With the guards bustling about Hakurou have no problem sneaking into the kitchen. He stuffs a few food items into the bag before rushing back towards the slave display. The wolf returns with a bag of goods and he immediately heads for Nao's cage. Setting the bag down the wolf takes out a bottle of clean, fresh water and places it in the cage along with a bright green apple, "Thought you might wanted something to eat as well." He did manage to get one for Azzael but the angel is probably busy dealing with his new visitor and sadly Hakurou cannot bother too much else the shop owner will have his head on a pike. So instead he will stay in company of Nao for a bit, "I doubt you can-" The wolf stops mid-sentence as a shadow is cast upon him and he looks over his shoulder to find a guard returning with a red medical kit. And Hakurou knows what is going to happen next. The white wolf's fur stand on end as he turns to face the guard with his teeth bared.

:Tab:The guard obviously does not like the look that Hakurou is giving him, "Back away mutt! That man had ordered me to heal this slave and I will even if I have to pin the boy down for it." This kind of response only causes Hakurou to growl even deeper this time opening his maw so that the guard have a clear picture of what is going to happen if the guy so much as take a step closer. This reaction only causes the guard to narrow his eyes in disgust and anger, "You asked for it you worthless dog." A click is heard and in an instant Hakurou finds himself under the painful shocks of his collar. A disciplinary measure for when the wolf becomes a bit wild. The guard merely smiles as the shocks wear off causing the wolf to temporarily lose his balance a bit although Hakurou refuses to buckle. Despite the wolf still showing the white of his fangs the guard takes his unsteady footing as a sign of victory, "Serves you right you worthless piece of fur. Maybe if you behave I will lower the voltage for you." The guard then takes a step forward. Big Mistake. In a fraction of a second Hakurou lunges forward and chomps deep into the wrist of said guard causing the guy to drop the medical kit. But that attack have cause the guard to become rather ill-tempered, "Why you-I was being nice to you and this is the answer I get?!" Once again the wolf is put through shock therapy although it is more server this time around. However no matter how bad it gets Hakurou refuses to let go and refuses to drop that sly smirk of him. After about three or so shocks the pain becomes a bit intolerable and the wolf let go although the damage have been done. While not a fatal wound there are now bloody teeth marks on the guard's wrist. A testament to the wolf's bite power and surprisingly a small amount of it. By now the guard is too angry to even remember what he was ordered to do and simply leaves.

:Tab:With the guard forced away Hakurou returns to the front of Nao's cage and jokingly says, "Guards can be quiet a pain huh?" Truth be told the wolf is still feeling the after effects of his shock collar. His body is still shaking a bit from it and if anything that ringing in his ears have intensify. But even after all that he still have a satisfied grin upon his face as if to say that he have emerge the victor in that bout. Although the singed tips of his fur says otherwise. Ignoring his own injury the wolf sets the red medical pack down next to him and walks up close enough so that he can stick his muzzle pass the bars. "Can you show me your wrists?" While Hakurou does not explain much of anything Nao should be able to know what he is trying to ask. And like with Azzael the wolf is leaving it up to Nao whether to trust him or not. Will the elf allow his fangs close to his wrist to cut the barbed wires off? Or will Hakurou have to coax the elf to do so? Hopefully it is the former because the wolf is not looking forward to having to resort to less friendly tactics for this.

iMaiko

desert cat1

Generous Lover

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
User Image

Yerlet watched Kuno as he was quite interested in seeing what the man would pick. He was quite surprised at his choice. It was simple. Yet it feel oddly suiting for the man, even if Yerlet had only met him just today. With a nod he paid for the knife and his maid went for the exit first so they could follow.

Stepping back outside, Yerlet smiled at the light. Smiths seemed dark to him. But maybe they felt the light from their fire was all they needed. The thought was quickly removed from his mind as he was once again thinking about home.

"Since that place is unavoidable any longer. . . We shall head home so we can get your quarters arranged, " which he had almost forgotten about. "Is there anything in particular you would like to eat? I can have it prepared while you are cleaning up." Another small smile lifted at the corners of his mouth. Was caring for someone always this nice? No. He doubted it. And Yerlet knew he needed to prepare himself for the worst.

Where: SmithyWith: Kuno and a maidFeeling: CuriousCrush: Wh-what?

Otherworldly Garbage

"Si crees que todo cuanto has escuchado, no tiene contigo nada que ver. Estás amigo equivocado...

❈ Ϻ α т н υ ʀ ι s ❈

Was he missing something, he wondered? The rich lacquer of the "wizard's" voice was much merrier, much more earnest, than anything the redhead had expressed in the length of the conversation. Well, the scientist mused, if plant and animal species were listed under a taxonomical hierarchy, might magical species have their own? As Claus explained the finer points of this brave new world of magicks, a faint glimmer shone in those weary eyes for the first time in years.

He took a few deep, calming breaths before pressing on, "This magic, this mysterious force that you claim underpins the world...is it.....hm, some manner of, how would you say it, cosmological constant? For that matter, can it even be quantified, scrutinised by academic discipline?" His fingers tapped feverishly at his chin before his whole face lit up. It was the grand weight of an epiphany. "Goodness me, of course.....Aether! Did those bearded sages of Antiquity know something all along?" His gaze returned to the grizzled gold of the djinn's own countenance once again, and soon, an almost-inaudible chuckle escaped his lips. "Ah, yes, my apologies, feel free to tell me if I begin to ramble. I must confess, it invokes in me a sense of wonder unlike anything I have felt in years." Speaking of magical beings, how could he have not noticed the spectacle Hakurou made? How reckless of him, and yet, how, noble, to jump to the pointed eared slave's aid at his own risk in such a fashion. That, and making the pig-guards' lives difficult was always something he enjoyed seeing. Not as if mouthing his approval, even stealing a cursory glance and nod, would be wise in an establishment thusly-fortified.

But that was neither here nor there, now wasn't it? Soon, the wary djinn seemed to conjure a butterfly at will. The sudden movement sent an involuntary jolt ran through the raggedy man, though the start quickly faded. He was almost enraptured by the illusory insect. And, of course, how could he not infer some symbolism behind the spectacle? His heart nearly buried itself in the maw of his stomach at the thought. 'Zut! Ya que cálmete...' Meanwhile, Claus seemed to wrestle with his own pang of pathos. What lied behind the visitor's gaze? Behind a flicker of warmth, there was a darker, duller shade not unlike navy blue. If Mathuris could neither detect nor understand the muzzled grief. Nothing much to be done but write it off as a subtle, indiscernible curiosity.

'If your wish was to get out of this shop, would you want it to come true?' Did the raggedy man hear him correctly? No, that couldn't simply be!....could it? "Wait, you mean to say....ge-get out of here, as in, to be liberated? Oh, but I could not repay your kindness, unfortunately." His body was rigid with shock. That is, until he choked on streams of saliva in the process. The raspy echo of strained hacking only traveled so far, thankfully, before he gained control over his airway again. An ideal moment for one of the savage grunts patrolling the shop to rain on his parade. The hawkish guard circled the perimeter before descending on the wary djinn. That narrow smile of his did nothing to conceal the malice in beady, blue eyes.
"Excuse me, I couldn't help but 'ear you. You're considering buying this 'un, sir?"

The Little Earl

ShiShikin

.....Grítale al cielo que no quieres ser sólo uno más. Ancha es Castilla y el sol. Tu caminar guiará."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff