Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Rogue

User Image
XIɣeɳ ϜaұeɖXXXXXXX

"Which is more likely: that the irrevocable laws of the universe have been broken..."

Even as Cassie questioned what was wrong with Iven he remained quiet and staring off into space at the female figure. The figure tilted her head to the side and a loud crack sound echoed, before it hissed lowly at him. The sudden hiss made him jump slightly, pulling Cassie along with him. There was a thought that managed to break through his empty mind, and he quickly picked up Cassie in his arms, using his thoughts to break him away from the trap he was placed under by the strange, decaying female figure.
                                            With her in his arms bridal style, he held her tightly against his chest and forced a glare at the figure that grew with anger. Turning away from the figure to face the door he ran out, without any thought of where to go that the figure wouldn't follow. It would only disappear when he felt better, when he forgets, public usually helped that happen but he never liked risking the chance it didn't. Seeing the figure was always hard to avoid freaking out over, and even with Cassie around it still shown something was wrong.
                                            The options he had flashed through his head at quick speeds. He could let Cassie go then run off to his room, go downstairs with the others, or just run to his room with Cassie. Maybe go into the kitchen for food? It escaped him that there was barely any food left at the moment. But there was no more time for thinking, so he reacted, and ran to his room with Cassie in his arms. Closing the door with his foot while trying to balance with Cassie was slightly difficult, but he still pulled it off. Running over to his bed he put Cassie down on the edge then turned back to look at the TV on his small dresser near the door, and grabbing a remote he turned it on, hoping that would be enough to distract him.
                                            "I'm sorry Cassie..." Iven started, finally speaking again while trying to quickly come up with an excuse for his strange behavior. Then he remembered he was strange, so whatever he could come up with would make sense, and suddenly he felt happy that he turned the TV on, "I just realized that I was going to miss an amazing show I like. I didn't want to leave you, so I held you while thinking of what to do." He smiled at her and patted her gently on the head, "So I decided to bring you along with me so I don't have to tear you away from me." Wrapping his right arm around her to pull her close while channel surfing with the remote in his left hand, he finally stopped on an episode of CSI and his eyes lit up. He loved this show, because he could easily spot all the mistakes the killer has made and how not to make them himself. There was the feeling of being watched, but if she wasn't acknowledged there was nothing the figure could do.

"...or you are somehow mistaken in thinking them so?"

[ OOC: ]

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Newbie Noob

User Image

Cassie Elizabeth

(OOC: And then I broke this reply. Hopefully everyone read it. If not, well... Cassie was confused at what Iven said because, if he wanted to watch CSI, why did he mention this "Lilah"? And... then she got all snuggled up and was questioning to herself why she was okay with being this way then realized it was because, even before he flat out said it, she caught that he respected her and, after that, decided she felt fine with this and decided to stop overthinking things. Then she asked him if he still wanted to watch a movie. Well, more of reminded him.)
User Image
Kylar Deoraí

Tomorrow is a new day, and the sun will rise

Kylar just stood there and shook his head. It wasn't the first time Marzak had asked him the particular question, and his response was still the same for when anybody asked him that question. "Must be divine providence." There was a clear level of sarcasm in that statement. The thing with sarcasm though, is that if you don't know the secret behind it, you don't know how much there really is. The thing is, Kylar knew the truth of divine providence, and he already made his peace with it. Besides that, he just shrugged at the suggestion of the nickname. "You got a better one?"

And now there was the suggestion of blackmailing Iven. That got the gears turning in his head. After a few moments, he simply dismissed the idea. It's not that it was hard to do or anything. It was more like it would be to easy. If he was going to blackmail one of his friends, he had to make sure of two things. First, it was do able. That part is easy, you just need to find something that can embarrass the person if it ever gets found out. Second, it has to have some class. Discovering that he was holding the undergarments of a girl he just met, not to classy. Walking over to a nearby chair, he pulled out his phone to check something. "And I think Iven brought up the idea of all of us going out to see a movie once everyone is settled I think."

{OOC: @Malice: Yeah, great set of books. Currently re-reading them while at work and before I go to bed. What part are you at right now?}

in this endless circle of life,
and strife

Ruthless Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
M a r z a k { F e y ♔ } L y z e r
d.r.a.g.o.n

Jealousy...

User Image

Finishing off the coke, Marzak sighed at Kylar's answer. "How bout a real answer for once?" he asked, though he knew that could be true. He was a dragon, for goodness sake, who was he to say that Kylar didn't get a message from God or whatever? Tossing the can into a bag by the garbage, Marzak said to Kylar "Maybe my name?" Moving into the living room, Marzak inspected the house. He hadn't been there to help everyone pick it out. He had other matters to tend to. As in, he might have found other dragons, matters. But it was another dead end. Opening his mouth to reply to Kylar, Marzak heard the sound of running upstairs. He raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "I'll go ask," he said. Going upstairs, he stopped by the girl's room. He knocked and opened the door. Leaning against the door jam, he crossed his arms and smiled. "Thought of a movie you want to go to?" he asked. Cassie was busy being tortured by Iven, otherwise Marzak would've asked her.

{ OutOfCupcakes: I'm trying to get my hands on the second one. Tempted to just go on amazon or something and buy the whole set. }
yum_cupcake

That dragon which slays love under the pretence of keeping it alive.

Romantic Rogue

User Image
XIɣeɳ ϜaұeɖXXXXXXX

"Which is more likely: that the irrevocable laws of the universe have been broken..."

Unwrapping his arm from around Cassie to slouch over as he payed attention to the TV intense focus. Apparently it was only an accident kill, so there wasn't much to learn from this episode other than to pay attention to the road when driving. Sighing he returned his focus to Cassie just as she began talking. The figure's presence was still known, but focusing on other things but it kept him calm, making him forget it was there, in turn making it disappear slowly. He placed his hand on her head and smiled at her, then she brought up going to the movies which he totally forgot about.
                                            Just remembering that, he mumbled out loud to himself, "Oh yeah..." Then got up leaving the nuzzling Cassie alone on his bed as he walked over to one of the boxes sitting by his desk. Ripping the tape off the box quickly what could be seen was clothes, but digging through the clothes he pulled out his laptop and set it on the desk the box laid next to. The computer was almost never touched by Iven unless he had to look something up, like he did now, but he held onto it for emergencies too. Opening it he turned it on and waited for it to load up, then opened the internet browser to look up what movies were playing and when. Once reaching the page he looked through the movies, sadly, there was only one he liked. Reading the description it was about a woman keeping a dangerous secret from her husband, that ends up terrorizing the whole family somehow. It didn't give that many details, but then it'd give away the whole movie with a few sentences.
                                            Turning back around he looked at Cassie and smiled, "So you want to be in a dark movie theater with the creepiest man you'll ever meet?" Getting up from the rolling chair that barely worked on the white rugged floor, he walked over to Cassie and pushed her down onto the bed and leaned over her with a wicked smirk on his face, "Do you have a death wish or does being in danger turn you on?" He pulled away from her and chuckled before grabbing her hand and forcefully pulling her up into his arms where he could easily pick her up again, being able to drag her around the house where ever he pleased. This time he choose to bring her down stairs. Before he left though, he grabbed an easily portable camera that was laying on the bed.
                                            The movie he picked out was titled "Dark Secrets" and the first showing that hasn't already started wasn't until 4, which was still a few hours away considering it was about 1:30 at the moment. Since the movies was connected to a mall they could always go mess with people until the showing. The reason why he was bringing his camera is for his job he could easily take videos that he'd get paid for, getting paid for doing what he loved sounded nice. As he exited his room he heard Marzak's voice then turned to see him knocking on the female's room asking them about what movie they wanted to see. "Well I'm taking little Cassie to see the only good movie they're showing, it starts at 4 so we're going to go mess with people at the mall." He told him with a smirk on his face from the thought of messing with people.

"...or you are somehow mistaken in thinking them so?"

[ OOC: Why does everyone want to torture Iven, what'd he do? D:
            Well, otherwise torturing Cassie. :3
            ]

Newbie Noob

User Image

Cassie Elizabeth

When Iven got up to get his laptop, she stared at him with a sort of puzzled look. She figured he would have reacted slightly more to her showing an attraction to him, but then she saw the laptop and understood that he was probably looking up movies, and it turned out she was right a few minutes later. Peeking over at what he was looking at, she caught a glimpse of what she was going to be dragged into seeing. Sadly, from the distance she could barely make out the title, Dark Secrets.

Up next, Iven asked if she wanted to watch a dark room with someone as creepy as him. This made certain thoughts come to mind and, in response, she simply smiled while he walked over before he continued what he was doing by pushing her onto the bed and asking if she had a death wish or if she was attracted to danger. While, with his first question, she felt like she had some semblance of control, this time she just stared at him while her face began to turn red yet again. Right now, she was too busy thinking to come up with a decent response. Then she was pulled up with him and then picked up and taken outside his room where they met by Marzak at her room.

"Hey, Iven... Before I'm swept away, I want to get something in my room first." She looked up at him and smiled, then down at the floor she couldn't reach without him releasing her.

Romantic Rogue

User Image
XIɣeɳ ϜaұeɖXXXXXXX

"Sometimes when the truth that's been hidden makes itself known bends reality..."

Before Marzak could answer him, Cassie told Iven she wanted something from her room while smiling at him before looking at the ground. Putting her down in front of her room she wondered what it was she wanted, "Don't worry if I start stalking you out of curiosity for what you need." He told her as he followed her to get what she needed.
                                            While following her he turned on his camera and started going through the previous videos he's taken, deleting almost all of them since he didn't need them anymore. The presence that lingered over him was gone now, and as much as he wanted to thank the fact she was gone bringing her up would be bad unless he wanted the past to haunt him again. Literally. So as usual he kept his thoughts almost blank and focused on the reality, or fantasy in front of him. Never being able to decide if the world he lived in was his imagination or not. The idea of him bring a reaper with elemental powers over lightning that had an odd color to them did not make much logical sense, hence why he could barely believe the life he was living was actually a reality. Maybe he was back in that mental institute, and never left, out of boredom made this fantasy for himself to keep himself entertained, a plush wall wasn't going to do anything interesting.
                                            But he didn't like to think about that, question whether or not this was his imagination or reality, it didn't matter to him whichever it was. Whichever it was he was going to live it the same way, the same sort of life style; sending himself into a state of feeling insane by questioning these possibilities wasn't going to help him at all. Maybe Lilah was reality trying to follow him and bring him back, he wouldn't know, just know that he fears that decaying figure and doesn't want to think about it, any of it.
                                            Though, he did wonder if anyone else questioned if everything they saw was a dream, or an over active imagination causing a huge fantasy around them. It didn't seem normal at all, then again he felt far from normal so he doubted many other people do question it. Snapping back from his thoughts when the final video was deleted he brought his attention back to Cassie.

"... to seem like a fantasy, and you go insane trying to find the truth again."

[ OOC: His post was too short so I had to make him think. xD ]

Newbie Noob

User Image

Cassie Elizabeth

Back on the ground, Cassie quickly moved on into her room with Iven following and saying he would be stalking her. This statement made her giggle a bit while she began rifling through her things. A little while later, she came up with a response and, ready to provide it, saw Iven distracted with his camera. Instead, she smiled and turned back to what she was looking for. It felt weird. She was almost jealous he was paying more attention to the camera than to her, and the thought of her feeling that way was amusing to her. Not what she expected at all when she made her decision to move in here.

Finally, she found her own camera and glanced back at him. He was still doing whatever it was he was doing and so she decided to take advantage of this situation. She turned it on and then quickly turned around to take a picture of her new friend right at about the time he decided to look back at her, then grinned, saved it and stuck her tongue out at him.
"Okay, now I'm ready." She moved back over in front of him and reached out to him expectantly with both arms, already prepared for him to take her away like he had been doing all night.

Romantic Rogue

User Image
XIɣeɳ ϜaұeɖXXXXXXX

"Sometimes when the truth that's been hidden makes itself known bends reality..."

Messing with camera's and bringing them everywhere wasn't something he usually did, but considering he got paid by the video he should start abusing that privilege. Once he looked back up at Cassie he noticed her pointing a camera at him before sticking her tongue out at him. Puzzled by this, it took him a second to realize what happened, that she took a picture of him. After that she ran over to him with arms out ready to be picked up again, which he found cute. It somewhat reminded him of a small child, and the non-annoying children were adorable. Even though Iven was creepy, children loved him.
                                            Ironically, Iven got paid for making videos then uploading them to the internet for people to watch, but he hated being in pictures and would usually look away when forced to be in them or would delete them, but he'd let Cassie keep that photo of hers for now and not say anything. Picking up in the usual form he would, letting go of his camera which was held by a strap wrapped around his neck so it wouldn't fall, he smirked down at her. "What are you going to do with that picture? You know instead of staring at it you could see me at all times of the day." He grinned as he held her up in his arms to touch his nose with hers, "Why do you suddenly want to be picked up? So accepting." He joked with her and walked out of her room, then glanced back at Marzak who seemed busy with the other females so he went down the stairs. Iven still felt protective over Cassie with him from his earlier actions anyway, so keeping her away would be benefiting for everyone.
                                            Stepping down off the last step he started to feel like a prince charming who carried the princess around everywhere. That thought caught him so off guard he lightly blushed and wondered where he came up with that idea, he was far from a prince charming. Then he realized Kylar's presence and his blush disappeared instantly along with his flustered expression. "Oh hey Klyar." Iven said casually, "Aren't you feeling a bit lonely down here by yourself?" Iven jokingly mocked him with a smirk appearing on his face, before moving on to more important matters, "Anyway, me and Cassie decided to see the only good movie that's playing, it starts at 4, so we're going to mess with people in the mall until then. Interested?" He dragged Cassie's unspoken opinion into it since she never objected his idea yet, not that he ever really directly said it to her. His smirk never left his face, but it meant something different now.

Newbie Noob

User Image

Cassie Elizabeth

She smiled at him as she was picked up and was then asked what she was going to do with the picture she took, and she only quietly smiled and gave a little hmm sound after he removed his face from hers, then he immediately after asked why she kept wanting to be picked up. "I can't help it. You make the idea seem so enticing somehow. Besides, it means I'll get to conserve my energy for later." She grinned after that last sentence because she suspected that would get him to start intensely focusing on it.

They finally made it downstairs and she had already started to get comfortable when he started to speak to Kylar. She looked over at him, smiled and waved then laughed because of the amusing position she had found herself in all the time now then looked up at Iven.
"I like how you announced this to everyone. I didn't even know I accepted yet..." She brought her finger to her lip as if playfully thinking, then smiled at him through it.

FlameJet's Wife

Interesting Lunatic

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++User Image

User Image

Angelica hugged Grace back as she finally got her hug from her friend."I missed you too Grace." Watching her carefully as Angelica went about setting a few things away noticing Grace become slowly distant from the world. But as soon as that happened she snapped back sitting on her bed. Placing a small picture beside her bed of her parents in front of her old home Angelica glanced to Grace as she spoke about the movie and what everyone wanted to do.

"A movie sounds nice, but as you said is that what everyone else is wanting to do tonight?" Though as she asked her question Grace stood up heading towards the door speaking about food. Smiling gently as she slid one of her empty bags under her bed and turning to face her friend once more. "Food sounds wonderful." The last time Angelica had gotten to eat that day was first thing in the morning and small snack along the way of the day.

Walking to join Grace by the door she reached out to open the door before hearing a knock. Opening it she found Marzak standing there before he felt the need to lean against the door frame. Give a warm smile as he asked what movie they wanted to see, it was evident that was another person who had voted for a movie.
"I am quite fine with anything really? What about you grace?" She asked before walking out the room past Marzak still wanting food. Angelica turned to Grace and Marzak giving a soft smile. "How about we go to the kitchen and talk?" Angelica wanted food and she wanted to be able to greet everyone properly this time.

Just before she was about to make her way downstairs she turned back around.
"I almost forgot." Angelica reached up and gave Marzak a hug. "It's nice to see you again." Releasing him from her hug Angelica waited to see if the others would follow her. From below she could hear the voices of the other three.
User Image
Grace Matilda Orman
      :: Gracie :: Maddie ::

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex..."abc

Grace turned at Marzak's knock, smiling back at him. "I have no idea what is playing." She answered. Grace didn't like the movies very much. It was pricey, gave her headaches, and the the theaters were never very clean, but it was a fun activity for friends, and she was up for anything so long as she was with her friends. Grace admired Marzak's fine feature. He had always been rather attractive and there was a time she'd had feelings for him, but things didn't turn out that way. Grace met Jake, and her friendship between Marzak bloomed soon after Jake had been murdered. She wasn't sure if it was because she saw him as too close of a friend or because she couldn't stand the idea of accidentally turning him to ash, but Grace simply didn't see him as a someone she could be with. Then again, no one in the entire world seemed like someone she could be with. Relationships were too risky and Grace had avoided them since Jake. There was too much to lose.

Grace remembered where she was and crossed her arms, grabbing her elbows. "I might stay here, but I haven't decided yet." She wanted to be with her friends, but Grace also wanted to unpack and shower. It really depended on what they were seeing, she decided. She looked at Angelica, smiling again. "Just so long as you guys aren't going to see a chick flick, I'm in." Grace joked, sticking out her tongue. She abhorred girly romance movies, because they made her look at her own life and see all the things she would never have. Grace knew she was doomed to die alone, and she didn't like being reminded of the fact. She followed Angelica, heading to the kitchen. She hopped up onto the counter, letting her legs dangle over the edge. "And then maybe later, after the movie, we can all go out dancing or something."

"...Sex is about power."
User Image
Kylar Deoraí

Tomorrow is a new day, and the sun will rise

Having been a little to engrossed in his phone to notice he was alone. Actually, about the last five minutes or so, he was wrapped in his own head. It wasn't really all that hard to do. Obtain over tree centuries of experience and it becomes far to easy to block out the little things. Of coarse, that also meant it was far to easy to focus on one aspect of a problem for to long as well. Hell know how many times he was so focused on one aspect of a problem only to let something he should have caught slip by. It was why he had chosen this job. It allowed him the freedom to chose the path between point A and point B. And right now, he was trying to figure out how to get to point B. And he probably could have continued on like that for a few hours if it wasn't for Iven saying his name.

"Hrm?" Looking up from his phone, he saw Iven and Cassie walk down the stairs. Looking at where he remembered Marzak being, he saw the lack of a person. Looking up the stairs, he felt his ears twitch a bit as he started to focus on what Marzak and the other girls were saying. After about half a second, he focused back on the two people in front of him. "Spend a month where all the people you talk to are either on the phone, or when you stop to rest while traveling. Alone doesn't bother me as much." 'Or you could try being the only fallen angel currently in existence.' Of coarse, he never said that last part. He called them his friends, but even friends have their secrets, this was his. At the mention of the movie, he just sighed and shook his head. It wasn't that he didn't like them, he loved most movies. Historical movies or the like that are based around two to three hundred years ago he hated. They always got the details wrong. But knowing Iven, it wouldn't be. Hell, knowing Iven it was probably a horror movie.

At that thought, seeing Cassie sitting in Iven's arms, he smirked. If he had less self control, he probably would have been laughing maniacally right about now. "Your good. A jerk, but good." Standing up he walked past the two of them, following the other into the kitchen. Stopping next to him, he placed his hand on Cassie's head, and then leaned in and said something in her ear, just loud enough for Iven to hear. "Be careful with this one. He's a real terror." Moving past them, he waived them off. "No malls for me, I'll catch up before the movie." Entering the kitchen, he sat one of the counters. "So, Iven decided on a movie. 'Dark Secrets' if I know him. Him and Cassie are going to go hang out at the mall for a bit before hand. Malls really aren't my thing, so what are you guys up to till then?"

{OOC: @Malice: Oh, things are just getting started. You'll notice more similarities in my profile to Kylar Stern once you are in book three. There's also a bit of Durzo in there.}

in this endless circle of life,
and strife

Romantic Rogue

User Image
XIɣeɳ ϜaұeɖXXXXXXX

Looking down at Cassie as she spoke of saving her energy for later he smirked, thinking of what most men would think of first, but of course knowing she was only joking. Since he was downstairs now, with Kylar only a few feet away who he started a conversation with, he decided to ignore her comment. Though when she brought up him dragging an opinion she never made into the conversation he made a shush sound and kissed her nose before chuckling.
                                            There were voices from up the stairs, they seemed to be talking about Iven's movie idea and food. Since there wasn't very much food in the house it would be hard for everyone to eat, they'd still have to go out shopping, but that could wait until after the movie he decided. Looking down at Cassie again he smiled with an idea in mind, just as Angelica walked by into the kitchen, with Grace following directly after. Since they'd all be in the same room, the kitchen, he wouldn't have to worry about repeating himself if he said the idea now.
                                            Klyar finally answered Iven preventing him from saying his plan, but a bit too seriously to his alone comment. Shrugging slightly with a smirk, he was suddenly called a jerk, but good. "What did I do this time?" He questioned with a slight whine in his voice, then moved on to the movie idea before he came over to Cassie and placed his hand on her head. Iven gave a quick glare until he heard what he had whispered to Cassie and smirked, still wondering why people enjoy hanging around someone who is a 'real terror' like him.
                                            Following Klyar into the kitchen he heard him ask what they were doing until then, "Well there's three options besides staying here until the movie." He interrupted while placing Cassie down, "One, we could go bug people in the mall since the movies is connected off the mall. Two, we could go out to eat, there's probably plenty of restaurants here. Or, three, go food shopping, there's barely any food left here." He told them while leaning over the counter table in the center of the kitchen with his arms crossed. He looked over at Cassie then pulled her closer to him protectively before Marzak could try and kiss her hand again if he ever thought about it when he finally decided to join the rest of the group. "For the more boring of us you could stay home and unpack." He managed to slip a rude joke in and smirk at them.

Newbie Noob

User Image

Cassie Elizabeth

Cassie giggled a bit when Iven kissed her nose and said what he said, then quietly rested her head on his chest while watching Kylar as he continued his end of the conversation. The group then moved into the kitchen but, along the way, Kylar had touched the top of her head and quietly warned her about Iven being a "real terror." Why did he say that? She looked up at him and noticed his expression and smiled. Maybe he was joking. She didn't see anything wrong with him right now. A little creepy, but a good kind of creepy that she didn't mind.

She was then placed down while Iven began to go over his plan. Quickly, a mischievous smile began to form on her face while she was pulled closer to him.
"Surprised you would even give them a choice," she joked, continuing her previous joke about how she had been dragged along with his idea. "You might not want to hear it, though, but despite how boring it might be, getting something to eat here might be a little bit smarter." She then surveyed the other two women in the room then looked back at Iven, having now thought of more to add to what she just said. "Besides, I'm sure we'll have some fun with the movie." She grinned, knowing again how he might take that idea and already preparing for his response that, while it might not be predictable, was sure to be amusing to her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff