Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((Of course, depending on what the switchblade short-circuited, the battery pack could heat up to the point of catastrophic failure as all of the batteries' potential gets drops rapidly as the maximum amount of current possible flows from one pole to another; something you learn in electrical engineering classes))

The medics finally closed Horace back up, and for now they leave him to recover from the anesthesia.

Still the production drive continues, as the arc furnace crucibles pour 500 tons of steel at a time into sand molds, which get set aside and cool while empties are put in their place and another batch of ferrous scrap is thrown in.

Workers take the filled molds, take apart the boxes on top of a shake table, then take the castings out.

The castings are taken to the first cleaning where the rest of the molding sand is taken off.

The parts are then cut off the rest of the casting tree with power saws, then taken to one of the production machine shops.

The parts get automatically machined to spec in a series of lathing, milling, drilling, and grinding operations, then immediately get shuttled out to the appropriate factory (the armor factory in this case.

The assembly line workers assemble the tank, starting first with the welded chassis, on which the bottom armor is riveted. The engine and hydrostatic pump go in next, then the radiator, batteries, and fuel tank.

The side tread plates are then attached before the hydrostatic motors get bolted in the rear. The whole time a worker is attaching fuel lines, hydraulic lines, and wires to the appropriate places.

The driver's compartment goes in next, while the workers, (including the one from before) quickly attach the controls and gauges.

The track suspension is installed on both sides.

The rear plate and top are attached next while the exhaust gets routed through it.

The turret group is now attached, followed by the turret itself, with weapon attached. Workers now connect the wiring for the turret controls, fill the crankcase with oil, the cooling system with antifreeze coolant, and the tank with diesel.

The tank now comes to three massive lines: one to provide hydraulic oil, and the others hooked right onto the bleeding valves to catch it.

As these are being hooked up, two hoses go over the exhaust tips, and a worker starts the engine, then shifts to first and opens the throttle a little, keeping the steering bars straight. the pump sucks air, then hydraulic oil, as both of the track sections start to wrap around the drive sprockets. Once the oil reaches the pump, it pushes the oil quickly to the hydrostatic motors, and then to the return, which is out the bleeding valves. First the air is pushed through, then oil with air bubbles. The track sections are guided around the rest of the tank, moving from the drive sprockets, until the two ends meet, at which point they are joined and the drive system is fully bled.

The last of the armor goes on, all hatches are attached then closed.

Then the completed tank touches the ground, and the worker still inside drives it over to the staging area with the rest, ready for the soldiers there to attach the secondary Browning M2s and load the munition compartments with shells.

((Didn't really have much else to post, so I wnt into How It's made mode with the tanks: just picture the vast majority of the post like a segment from that show and you'll get the right mood.))

Lonely Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The hedgehog tried running with Amy and the saber tooth. He remembered Amy throwing her hammer at Sonic. The blue hedgehog had ducked backwards. Amy seemed to have acted as fast as Sonic and left the cell quickly. Out of anger, the hedgehog pointed at them and screamed angrily. The gunshots drowned out the angry screams. Shadow had regained some sense and took out his Chaos Emerald and chanted "Chaos contr-GAH! The Emerald!" Shadow watched it fall. The ghostly power of the girl cannot affect the emerald, so it simply dropped to the ground. If he lets go, then he would simply get shot full of bullets. But he cannot let Sonic get it. The shooting stopped, which was his chance. Shadow had let go and reched for the emerald to grab it, but there was a sharp pain that flowed throughout his body and then onto one spot. With wide eyes, Shadow had gripped the Emerald with blood dripping down his hand. The Dark One held a soldiers pistol in his hand and chuckled. "Shoot the girls when you can..." he ordered. He walked over to Shadow, pointing the pistol to his head as he grabbed the emerald and tore it from his grip. "The Seventh Chaos Emerald." he laughed and looked down at Shadow who caughed up blood and stared up at Sonic with daggers in his eyes. "Goodbye... Shadow the hedgehog."
"NOOOOO!!!!!"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
From the shadows of the hanging cell, a pair of eyes watched Amy and Shadow on a little rescue mission. He was hoping that they were going to get them. "Shadow.... Amy..." he said weakly and relaxed. At least they are safe... But not for long. He saw the dark one closing in on them. "No..." he said, clentching his fists. Some quarrel was going on and he saw Shadow and Amy and a third member with them. He watched them run and closed his eyes, but the sounds of gunfire filled the air and the though of them being shot at... Growling he pulled on the chains. "No... Please!" He kept pulling on the chains. The image of their bodies flashed in his mind, and it was horrifying to him. "Shadow.... Amy!" he screamed out and the chains around his wrist broke off as he bursted out of the steel container and writhing seconds, the whole squad of guards had been turned into shreds and exploded. The Dark One looked back with wide eyes and cursed loudly, but he was cut short to his cursing when he was flown back against the wall with a fist slammed into his face and was completely knocked out. The dark hedgehog scoffed and took the Emerald and turning his gaze to the wounded Shadow, Amy, and Pandora. "Chaos Control!" he yelled and there was a flash. The four of them were then gone to teleport to anywhere, just not there...

Out in the wilderness was a flash and the four of them had appeared. The dark hedgehog was holding Shadow as he bled. He didn't say anything except watch him bleed. He couldn't believe what was going on...

Lonely Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
((you, sir, clearly know your mechanics. I like it. biggrin ))

Friendly Werewolf

13,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
((i didn't know that... um... can we just say the switch blade managed to slash the right wires just to make the effects of the collar useless? it hadn't been at full charge anyway, otherwise pandora would be dead right?))

Shadow tried to use Chaos Control, but the Emerald slipped from his grip as they tried to run. Pandora's intangibility couldn't affect an object that powerful. The male hedgehog let go in order to go back for it. Amy stopped, unwilling to leave him behind. She turned around in time to witness the Dark One shoot Shadow and he made a grab for the Emeralds. He sunk to his knees as the soldiers were ordered to shoot the girls when they could. The Emerald was torn from Shadow's grip as the pistol was aimed at his face and the Dark One bid him farewell.

Just as the trigger was about to be pulled, someone shouted and rammed hard into the blue hedgehog, knocking him away from Shadow. Amy hurried to her friend's side, kneeling beside him as Pandora blacked out. The intangibility faded, and dozens of guns cocked. When it looked like all hope was lost, the shadowy figure that saved them was suddenly there. He grabbed Amy's arm and Shadow's body as he declared 'Chaos Control!' In a flash they were gone.

They reappeared out in the wilderness somewhere. The dark figure laid Shadow down as he watched the hedgehog bleed. Amy let Pandora down to rest before crawling over to Shadow's side since her leg hurt too much to put a bunch of weight on it now. Amy removed her coat before ripping Shadow's shirt open in order to apply pressure to the wound on his chest. "Damn it Shadow, don't you dare die on me!" Amy yelled, angrt tears streaming down her face, "You're the Ultimate Life Form remember? You're disgracing yourself if you die now!" She couldn't take another loss. She'd lost so many friends already.

Lonely Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The hedgehog cringed against the pain, which gave him the idea he wasn't dead yet. But... How did they get outside? "Amy...?" he looked to see her applying pressure and crying and yelling at him. Rolling his eyes, he placed his hand on her shoulder. "I'm not going anywhere, Amy... Except maybe someone who knows how to play doctor. He said and gave her a small smirk. "But how did we...?" he could finish. Looking at the hedgehog who rescued them, his eyes gave him a deathly look as he took out his revolver and pointed at him. "How can this be....!?"

The dark hedgehogs energy seemed to have lessened until his whole self turned Ito something the two of them recodnise all too well.... He stood there with a face that had both confusment and consernment since he has a gun pointed at him. "Shadow... It's me..." he said. It was a recodnisable voice that had mature over the many years. Standing before them was Sonic

FlameJet's Wife

Interesting Lunatic

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++╔══════════════╗
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Rayne The Hedgehog
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++╚══════════════╝

User Image

Throw your bombs and your blows, But you're not gonna break my soul...

Rayne stopped as Blitz spoke about changing his appearance. Wait, was he going to stop and change his clothes? Seriously right here and now when they were on a mission?! Turning to him as she was about to protest Rayne stopped as he began to glow and before she knew it he looked completely different. Blinking slowly taking in his new look she gave a tiny shake of her head.

Looking over Blitz new look she couldn't help but grin and look directly into his eyes after his comment but before she could respond he had spoken again before walking a head of her. Letting out a small chuckle she walked after him. Even though Jericho told her not to trust him she couldn't help but like this hedgehog just a bit, he knew how to play her game.
"So how much longer do you think till we get to this commander?" She questioned glancing briefly to Blitz.

...This is the part of me that you're never gonna ever take away from me, no.
::======>>

B•l•i•t•z ¥ C•h•r•i•s•t•o•p•h•e•rD•o•o•m
Blitz's NEW Voice
Mirror(NEW Theme song )

User Image

You know the silence you hear at night while you walk?
No? Well then let me ask you this, do you usually hear anything at night?
No again? Well let me tell you why. Its because the bad people are gone now....

╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇

Blitz continued to walk as him and Rayne was talking about the misson and killing the commander. "Hm....well it will take longer if we continue walking like this so we will probably reach there quicker if we start running, especially if we run through the treetops it will help us kind of blend in." Blitz suggested, he wasn't sure what the commander's hideout look like but it would probably stand out in the forest. He looked at Rayne, maybe she hasn't gotten use to Blitz's new appearance, which is adorable.
((I'll probably stay in this form for awhile if you guys prefer it.)
╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇ ╇

How do I know? Well if I told you, chances are you wouldn't believe. Its something people think only existed in folklore. I know what you are thinking but I assure you, I'm no demon. But people do call people like me demon....how mean of them

User Image

<<======::

Friendly Werewolf

13,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Shadow's eyes opened up and he rolled them as he laid a hand on Amy's shoulder, telling her he didn't plan on going anywhere except to someone who played doctor well. The pink girl shook her head as her dark friend smirked. "Even you're an idiot sometimes," she said before he started to ask how they'd gotten there. Before finishing, Shadow spotted their mysterious savior and pointed his gun at the other hedgehog asking how this was possible. "Shadow stop! He saved us!"

The stranger spoke, saying to Shadow it was 'him.' Who? Jade eyes turned their dark rescuer, widening as they watched the dark fur lighten. A hand flew up over the young woman's mouth to stifle a gasp of shock. Her tears started to fall anew as those all-too-familiar emerald eyes reappeared within the empty white. "H-How? T-There's no way..." Amy stammered, trailing off.

Pandora was coming back around, and she heard Amy saying it couldn't be possible. "Hard, but...is true...who you see it to be..." she said quietly. The saber-tooth tiger tried to sit up, but she was still under the influence of the tranquilizer. She couldn't hear her brother yet either.

Lonely Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
The bat in the darkness of night flew in circles around the soldiers base camp. They need help finding this commander, yet he seems to as well. "This isn't good. I can't tell where this commander is. Where is that damn safe house?" he said to himself. "Guys. See if you can get any intell about the location of this commander... I mean if there is one. It looks like its just these soldiers." he said to them though the earpiece. "Otherwise, it'll be a search and destroy mission." Jericho watched the guards looking up at the sky and on the ground, and behind them was a massive army, the soldiers in squares of rows. "F***... This is bigger than I thought. Guys, you got some lookouts ahead of you. Suggest you use stealth from here on out."

Sonic didn't do anything afterwards but watch Amy's reaction. Her unbelief was obvious, though she should be. The hedgehog went over to her and knelt down, gently placing his han on her face. But he noticed the scar and stroked it with his thumb, wondering what happened there. Hell, he wondered what was happening to the world right now. "What has he done...?" he asked calmly, but he showed affection towards his two friends, or at least there are if they believe he is.

Friendly Werewolf

13,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Amy froze when Sonic approach her and knelt down beside her. Only her eyes followed him as he got eye level with her. His hand reached up and touched the young woman's face, before his thumb traced the scar across it. Sonic asked what 'he' had done. Amy wasn't the one to answer though. "Death, destructrion, imprisonment..." Pandora replied. She'd finally managed to sit up, though it took all of what little strength she had. The cat looked at the faces of each hedgehog she was with, her long bangs only partially hiding her right eye.

Lonely Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
Sonic heard the saver tooth speak and he turned to her after a moment with Amy. "Alright. Tell me something I don't know..." he put some thought to it and shook his head. "On second thought, Never mind..." he said to her and turned back to Amy. "Listen, Ames...." he hadn't called her that in such a long time "Snap out of your doubt... It's really me."
"It's just... How is there... Who is he... What's going on, damnit!? Shadow growled and coughed a little and looked at his wound, covering it with his palm. "I'll live but a doctor will be nice." the two hedgehogs chuckled a bit.
"You tough son of a b***h..."

Friendly Werewolf

13,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

User Image

Pandora didn't so much as crack a smile at the way Sonic phrased his answer. He shook his head, and turned to look back at the sakura girl. He urged Amy to snap out of her doubt; it really was him. Shadow demanded to know what was going on as he sat up quickly. Amy was startled, and her hands pulled back and the coat fell to Shadow's lap. The wound started to bleed again, and Shadow looked down to it before covering it in an attempt to stem the bleeding. He chuckled a bit and said he'd live, though a doctor would be nice.

Amy raised a brow in disbelief. "Since when do you ever laugh Shadow?" she asked, laughing a bit herself. Sonic commented on what the other male had said. Seriously though, Shadow was right. He would need a doctor, and Amy was the furthest thing from one, knowing only the most basic in medicine. Pandora spoke then. "Helped me...why?" she asked. The young woman looked to the feline with a warm smile. "Because I made a promise to someone." Amy's eyes widened suddenly. "I almost forgot! Valefor's still in Capital City!" She jumped to her feet, only to have a pain shoot up and down her leg from where she'd been shot.

The pink girl fell to one knee, hissing through ehr teeth as she clutched the open wound. pandora's eyes lit up a little though at the news. "Can't hear him still, but my brother...still...alive?" she asked, needing to know, "Need to see him...please...where is he?" The girl's speak was broken, like she wasn't used to speaking to anyone at all.

Lonely Vampire

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100
Ill taje you to your brother" Sonic said to Pandora and smiled. Amy was standing on her feet, but she was in pain. Looking at her wound, Sonic went to her and helped her to stay on her feet. "Looks like you need one too..." he said and smiled a little, holding onto her with the emerald in hand. He chanted and there was a flash a
And they were all gone.
Inside the building where most people were being cared for after that battle, there was a great flash and the four of them had all of a sudden appeared in the middle of the room. They wondered what was going on, but before they knew it, someone spoke.
"See to it that my friends are treated please.l and these was another flas. Shadow laid next to Amy, having his eyeaclosed and his breathing deep. Outside of the city, Sonic held the emerald to Pandora. "the seven chaos emerald.... They grant the wish to any wish.... It is controlledd by your hearts desire.... I don't know whet your brother is but this... This will take you to your brother. Place your hand on it and chant the words and you will be with him. Sonic said and placed her hand upon it.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
((Imagine Lloyd Sherr narrating these lines: ))

Now that the rolling armor can bring troops and large firepower to the fight, they'll be little more than rolling battering rams without ammunition, and within these "buildings" is where it's made for the rebels.

The production process starts with the induction furnaces, where the proper amount of copper, tin, zinc, and brass scrap is melted, then poured into a billet which is later rolled out into sheets.

The coils of brass sheet are fed into a press that both punches the blank and makes the first cupping step simultaneously. The cupped blanks then undergo further cupping and stretching operations, and are finally punched at the closed end to form the primer opening, and the extracting groove spun in.

The brass casings then go through an annealing furnace to mitigate the stresses in the brass, then into a continuous washing auger to remove the dirt and oil residue from the drawing presses and dies.

After a thorough drying, the casings move along to the priming presses, surrounded by thick sheet steel in case one were to detonate.

*pow*

Just like that.

The casings, once cleared by quality control and the line inspectors, are filled with the precise amount of propellant needed for the round. The copper-jacketed partially-expanding bullets are inserted next, where a press then descends to crimp them in place.

At the end of the line, the rounds are stacked in metal ammunition boxes, then sent to the armory, where soldiers will load them into magazines and ready them for battle.

This facility not only produces the 7.62 x 39 millimeter Soviet cartridges just featured by the thousands, but also .50 BMG, 120 millimeter, and 305 millimeter cannon rounds in their various configurations.

((of course, the switchblade could have just destroyed the inverter portion of the collar and made an open circuit (maximum potential, no current)...

Oh, and Horace is still recovering from anesthesia.))

Friendly Werewolf

13,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

User Image

((who's Lloyd Sherr?))

Sonic suddenly warped them to an underground medical faucility asking them to take care of his friends. However, he kept Pandora with him and used Chaos Control again, warping the two of them to the outskirts of the city Amy had mentioned. Sonic helped support the girl's weight as he handed her the emerald. He told her that the Chaos Emerald was controlled by her heart's desire. It could grant her almost any wish. He didn't know where Valefor was, but the gem would take her to him. Pandora staired at the gem that pulsated with a gentle glow. "All I want...find brother..." she murmured to herself. She waited, but nothing happened. "My powers...not chaos related...can't use the energy. Have no chaos powers, not like you, or the one called Shadow..."

Valefor's eyes suddenly snapped toward the sky from where he'd been staring at the floor for a long time. He'd been waiting for Amy to return, but so far nothing, and it was nightfall now. It would be impossible for her to return tonight, and Valefor was nearly out of food. He did hear another voice though, but in his head. It was wishing to see him. Valefor's eyes widened as tears started to fall from them and a small smile appeared across his face. "Big sis...you are alive. I don't believe it." he said through their telepathic link, though it was weak still, "Where are you?" He heard her reply, though she sounded even weaker than he was. "Capital City...outskirts of town..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff