< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27 28 29 > >>

Omnipresent Loiterer

5,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Simon Avalon

Company: Kiras
Thoughts: "She's come a long way it seems."

Simon looked at the woman curiously as she half asked what a Courtesan was. He waited and heard her introduce herself and tell him a little about herself. "Kiras... huh. Interesting name, certainly the first time I've heard it. It's nice~" he said, fearing he might not do her name justice without the accent it was probably given to her with. Simon then smiled and said, "Now. Courtesan's are female companions who accompany men to their room and give them sexual favours in return for coin. On a glance about you can tell who's a Courtesan generally by their frivolous attire and most ladies showing enough cleavage to lose a decent sized sword in... then again one could tie that back to my original statement about Courtesans without too much difficulty..." he said chuckling towards the end.

He then decided to address her work profession, "A healer and a smith you said you were? Odd coupling of professions that. Then again, to be able to repair armour and heal wounds underneath it would make you a good combination. Oh! That's a thing tomorrow, could you take a look at my sword maybe? Just see if it's in good nick, I don't need that busting on me, it was my fathers, and more than likely his fathers before that. Not only is it sentimental but I also actually use it. Oh, but you'd want some payment for that, right? Well, I suppose you could tell me what you want if you want to do it, I'm just jumping to conclusions here after all." he said energetically, this was the first idle conversation he'd had with someone since he'd entered this town, and maybe even longer than that.

A bar maiden came by and placed Simon's pie in front of him with a knife and fork to accompany it, and with a sultry wink she left to her other business. Simon smiled politely as she left him the pie and said his thanks before cutting into it and starting on a slice. The pie was delicious, he could cook most meat courses well enough but he never did get how to properly do desserts. Which made every dessert he got to taste special in its own way. He looked to Kiras and cut a fair size slice out saying, "You can have that if you want. Oh, you'd probably want a proper dinner first! Sorry, I guess I thought your day went like mine did. One second." he got up from the table and the barkeep said, "Should I make her what I made you?" "Sounds good." Simon put the 3 gold and 5 silvers needed for a hot meal before the barkeep who smiled and set the cooks to work. "I hope you enjoy steak. It's simple but they do it good justice here, you even get some carrots and potatoes." he said smiling. He resumed eating his pie and waited to see how she'd react to him, "Too kind? Eh, I'm just a sucker when it comes to helping people it seems." he recalled the time he had helped a clock worker with some financial troubles.. of course the clock workers troubles came from him spending the money on Courtesans so it was no surprise when he ran out again, though Simon only learnt about what happened when he passed through that town again.

Firebreathing Gekko

User ImageUser Image

Arell
A Legend of the Dawntide

Finally he saw them. The dragon flew up, likely to hunt, then turned around to hurry back to his rider. Thunder pushed off the ground with a powerful beat of his wings, heading towards the dragon he though was Nocturn. Once he was closer he saw them start to fly away, Lunette clinging to her dragon's back. The bond between the pairs had yet to restore itself, so Thunder did the only thing he could. He roared again, though this time the sound did not promise pain to anyone who intruded. He was ecstatic, two of their own had survived!

Arell couldn't help but laugh when Kaothos snorted at her and pointedly turned his back. "I've met cats less contrary than you," she commented dryly, though she still smiled at the dragon's antics. He pounced on her meat, then immediately went to sleep. She then asked for the human's name, and noticed him direct all his attention to his dragon. She gave him a curious look, not sure what he was doing. But then she saw the twitch of bones reassembling in the hatchling. The human was helping his dragon heal? This was amazing! When he seemed to return to his senses Arell was playing with the single ring she wore, a nervous habit. But then he introduced herself, and she found her lips curl into a small smile at the grin he flashed. This was one who was used to ladies swooning over him, and he likely had practice playing them.

As she started to respond the roar echoed across the land. Arell looked up sharply, then grinned. "Lunette's alive," she breathed, laughing as she scrambled to her feet to stand outside of the trees. She gave Thunder her location, asked him to direct Lunette and Nocturn this way. Then she looked back to Beckett, still grinning and as giddy as the elf ever got. "Would you like to meet a fully grown dragon? Two are headed this way. Mine and another rider I fought alongside," she explained, looking back out to the skyline, sharp elven eyes searching for the familiar silhouette of a dragon in flight.

Where: Illyra's Scrying Bowl
With: Beckett

Seol Bi
Little-Lenah

"One-Eye" Cooper

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image One-Eye fixed his barrette while the two of them walked single file up the dear path. It was a rather weak trail. A combination of the marsh and the dear dying out had reduced it to nothing more than some broken branches and the occasional hoof print or two. "Are you certain you can go on?" Cassandra had asked him earlier. He just smiled at her, to put on a bigger set of confidence than he actually had. Sure, he had fought injured before. It wasn't ever very fun. But he had done it. 'Hopefully it won't come to that today.' He thought, pushing his armored legs through a thorn push.

"You know, you never did finish that story." Cassandra said, doing something that almost looked like a smile. 'The girl never smiles. Besides, she must've heard this one before.' One-Eye shrugged. If the girl wanted to hear it, who was he to say no. That is how stories survived after all, and Rock-Dropper's was certainly one worth telling.

So, continuing their trip north at a slow, but steady pace through the marsh, One-Eye told the story of Rock-Dropper. "Well, when I was just a n** of a pup, still running around with my ma everywhere, my Pa told me a story of the great warrior Rock-Dropper..." One-Eye continued with the story. He told Cassandra how the man had earned his name, and single handedly crushed an army. One-Eye told her about the injuries he had sustained in a battle, how would've died without the kindness of the Fey. And lastly, he told her of the epic romance. between Rock-Dropper and his lover. How, in the end, the great warrior was so in love that he would've rather taken his own life than be without her.

One-Eye shrugged, "But so is love. Makes people do all sorts of stupid things." The ground was getting slightly dryer, but they were still in the marsh. 'Still in the Fey's territory for one thing. And this bloody ground is still to muddy to set up a real camp.' Not much longer though, and they would be in the forest of the old elfish kingdom. Not exactly a safe place, but it would be better than their current situation.

They still had a good distance left to travel though, so One-Eye resumed the conversation with Cassandra. "So where you from girl? Command said from some prissy-rich family up north." He chuckled at the thought. It had taken him a while to get used to using a fork to eat, let alone have any sort of manners. In the North, a chief would have various animals on spits cooking in a longhouse. Once they were all cooked, everyone would simply cut pieces off what ever animal they wanted, let the grease run down their hands. Any fat or gristle a warrior found would be thrown on the floor for the dogs. If a dog got in the way, a good kick would ensure it never made the same mistake again. As for table manners, there weren't much of them either. Sure, the chief was always the first one to cut into the meat but that was about it. If there even were any tables or benches, they were simple in design. Usually a few tree trunks that were dragged into the long house. Aye, it was a simpler life. One that One-Eye often missed.

"So what, you from some border mountain village or something? Claypool?" He guessed, "Or maybe Verrahan?" He asked. Claypool was a small village, a former fort really, in the middle of the border mountains. One-Eye had been there once or twice in his adventurous youth. The village was self sustainable, as it farmed a few of the small valleys below. The actual town itself was up on the mountains. 'One thousands steps.' He remembered fondly. He had no idea if it was true or not. One-Eye couldn't count past a hundred anyways. He was a warrior, not a bloody fancy scholar. Verrahan was a large village that Northmen often used for trading. It was just north and west of the Great Western Pass. Beat up little town, but lots of good memories there as well.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Romantic Lunatic

User ImageUser Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Zerthan froze in his steps as he heard a beastly roar echo across the land and he slightly turned towards what he assumed was the roar's location. 'That must be one large monster...' he thought for himself, but in the back of his head he was pretty sure he knew what manner of beast it had been. Rumors proved to be true after all. Well, he had never doubted them to begin with... If the land had ever been in peril, then it was now. So it was only fitting. His feet shuffled around for a bit upon the dirt road and he then began to head north again, towards the marshlands. Every now and then his eyes was drawn to the sky, as if searching for any signs of the roar's origin. In the distance to the north he could see how the landscape began to gradually change, dirt and solid ground starting to warp into mud and murky pools of water. More and more trees rose to the sky, some dead and some still alive. Even the sky seemed to become more cloudy and darker above the wet landscape ahead and Zerthan truly hoped that he'd at least be able to set up camp and start a fire within the marshland before its night would come crawling. He knew how dangerous such areas were during night time. Even for many of the Fey who lived there..

With a heavy sigh he picked up some pace and pulled the black hood over his head, casting a shadow over his facial features as he hurried along. He didn't wish to be mistaken for a Fay again. At least not until he had reached their territory. Truth to be told though, he was quite at a loss at the moment. Ever since "that day" his path had been set, but now... Now that he actually were to follow it, he had no clue where to go. He didn't know where this rebellion were and the elves would probably rather see him dead than to help him find them. The marshlands was just a hunch and a safe spot for now. But if his search would prove futile, then he had no idea where to head next...

Zerthan was soon brought out from his troubled thoughts however, because he could suddenly hear the whistling sound of an arrow in flight approaching him quickly from his right. He was barely able to dodge it by leaping backwards and upon landing he would turn to the east, from which the arrow had come. He saw a man clad in rough leather armor in the distance, before he was even able to move towards the archer he heard how multiple footsteps now approach him from behind, to the west. Once again Zerthan dodged a fatal wound by a few inches as the rather blunt longsword came swooping for his head in an arc.
'Highwaymen!' He alerted himself and tried to put some distance between himself and the three armed men that now tried to cut him down, long enough to take a hold of his own blades. Another arrow came whistling through the air towards him and this time it actually cut through his leather coat and put a scratch upon his bicep. Mere bandits or not, the guy was a good archer... And Zerthan only had enough time to briefly check the wound before two more blades came swinging at him. Dodging and blocking at the same time now, it became obvious that the highwaymen were not losing the advantage and surprise of their ambush, both Zerthan's longswords in hand now. His worry was not the armed men before him however... He was more worried about the archer in the distance. As skilled as Zerthan was, an arrow could still prove fatal when his mind was occupied by the bandits before him.
"I don't have time for this..."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Where:
Heading along the north road, from the crossroad between the Rotal City, the Marshlands and Illyra's Scrying Bowl.
-
With:
Some troublesome highwaymen.
-
OOC:

Beloved Prophet

User Image
▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫
let it out bare your teeth
▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫
B E C K and K A O T H O S
where: wizened copse, west-north-west of Illyra's Seeing Bowl | with: Arell, Kaothos | when: approaching dusk

User Image

Ah, that secretive smile! So she knew, or at least guessed, about Beck's many talents.

Will this approach still work? he wondered. Shaking his head and sighing, he decided to stick with the flirtatious rogue. It was an easy persona, and likable enough. At least she wouldn't be bothered by his flatteries.

A jubilant roar shattered the pinkening sky, and the elf's gaze shot up, her brow furrowed. But then a wide grin curled her lips, and she jumped smoothly to her feet. Beck could almost see the exultation radiating from her. She was so happy that it was infectious, and Beck found himself just as excited as she was. A genuine smile graced his features, and it was everything his grin wasn't: unguarded and true.

"Lunette's alive," Arell breathed.

Kaothos, who'd only twitched when Thunder roared, made grumpy noises in his sleep. Murky images of darkness, pressing feelings of confinement and impatience, filtered through their bond, and Beck reflexively reached out to sooth the nightmares away. His touch, both mental and physical, calmed the beast, and Kaothos dropped back into a lighter slumber. He was exhausted, and Beck wanted to let him sleep.

"Would you like to meet a fully grown dragon? Two are headed this way. Mine and another rider I fought alongside," the elf explained.

Beck hid his grimace only through years of practice. Wasn't one enough? Exactly how many of these riders and dragons could there be? Still, she was happy and excited; this Lunette must be her friend.

"I don't think Kaothos is going to appreciate waking up to more strangers," Beck offered. He pushed himself to his feet, swaying a little from the sudden change in elevation. The blood rushed from his head and made his knees weak. Through force of will, he locked them and remained steady, eyes affixed to the sky like Arell's.

"I, however, would be delighted to make the acquaintance of your friends."

The roguish grin was back in place, though the effect was somewhat ruined by his pale skin and bloodshot eyes. Dark circles only emphasized how exhausted he looked. The night before had offered little in the way of sleep, and Kaothos' own slumber seemed to be pulling him under as well.

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫
we're all M A D underneath
-▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

thymeast22

Feisty Shapeshifter

31,350 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
User Image

Cassandra listened with renewed interest. This story always got her thinking. She did start considering telling him. Maybe. Well, maybe he'd find out about her magic soon enough, if that little fey wench came back. "Aye. So I've heard- and seen," she said in response to his comment about love. She had had interests in the past, but nothing she ever acted on. She had wondered once or twice before what it might be like to settle down, but really, that wasn't her style. She didn't think she could tolerate the quiet life like her mother had wanted for her.

In their brief silence, Cassandra looked up ahead. It seemed like this marsh would go on forever. She really wanted to get out; not just because of the terrible conditions, but she wanted to ride Temperance freely. It had been a while since they had ridden together- well, ridden at more than a walk. The muddy marsh wasn't exactly ideal territory for running. She was snapped back into reality when One-Eye started talking again. "Is that what they said?" she chuckled a little; she did find it a little amusing, the way they assumed. "It was a strange union, my mother and father. My mother was in fact from a well off family. My father, not so much. He was a Northerner- farther north than the village I grew up in, though. They had a chance meeting once when my father went to the capital to sell furs. That's where mother lived, and she happened upon the stall he had set up. They talked for a time, then every day for the rest of the week that father was there, she would visit his little shop and stay to talk for a while, then buy something from him. Of course, they didn't simply get married after a week of knowing each other and their small chats. Father used to go to the capital every few months to sell one thing or another- usually furs- and mother would visit him every time. Eventually they actually got to spending time outside of my father's stall, and father started visiting more often on the excuse of selling things. A couple of years of his visiting later, they finally got married." Cassandra paused for a moment; this was the first time she had really opened up to anyone since joining their rebellion. Maybe it was because he was the only one who cared enough to ask. I think I just make others uncomfortable...

"I am from a little village called Telon. It was at the base of a mountain, sort of in between Claypool and Verrahan. Heh, it took father quite a bit of persuasion to convince mother to leave the capital. Anyway, it was a quiet place with a rocky overhang that stretched over the village to protect it from avalanches. Being as secluded as it was, we did do quite a bit of trading- father would sometimes go with a caravan to Claypool or Verrahan. I rather miss Telon right now,"
she added wistfully as she looked at their surroundings again.

With: One-Eye
OOC:

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

Orwells Eyes

Feisty Shapeshifter

31,350 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
User Image
User Image

"Thank you," Kiras said as he complimented her name. She listened curiosly as he explained what a "courtesan" was, then frowned. "It sounds like a dirty job," she said once he was done. She looked around the inn then to see if there were any of those women around. There didn't seem to be, thankfully. "I do not understand why anyone would want to do that," she said, still frowning. Did they have no respect for themselves?

"I was simply a healer originally, but once I saw what a blacksmith did, I wanted to learn to do that too," she commented before he went on. She then smiled as he excitedly talked about the sword he carried with him. This was good news for her; work! Now she could have money and she wouldn't be left out in the cold again next time she found herself in a town. Oh wait... She had to pay him back somehow for his generousity. "I will look at your sword tomorrow. There is no need to pay me. You have given me a room and food tonight- that is payment enough. I will be very careful with it." She smiled a little, hoping he would agree to this. She didn't want to feel indebted to him.

Kiras watched as the woman came to deliver food, then she... winked at him? Why? "That was odd," she said. Perhaps it was just odd to her; she had never seen people randomly winking at one another. As she remembered the gesture, usually that meant there was some kind of intent behind it, right? "I do not understand why she did that. Is she a courtesan?" Kiras whispered to him.

"Oh, thank you," she said with a smile as he offered a slice of pie. "And thank you again. You needn't spend so much money on me. I can go hunting later," she said smiling. It was the norm for her, to go out and kill her food then cook it over a fire. Of course, just having daggers made matters difficult. So, she usually resorted to setting up traps of some sort. Meals could be long in coming, which meant she went hungry often times. She looked over to where the food was cooking, waiting for him to say something.

With: Simon Avalon

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User ImagexxUser Image

Colonel_Crapshot

Incredible Lover

15,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lunette

Where? Away from Illyra's Seeing Bowl

Momentarily startling her out of her anguished haze, a mighty roar shook the air. Nocturn's strokes falter in surprise, dropping them several feet before he regained control. He twisted his neck at an awkward angle to peer over his shoulder. Lunette did the same. Only one creature could make a sound like that.

It's Thunder, Nocturn commented as he straightened his neck.

Lunette turned back to facing forward. She wiped some of the tears off her face before clutching the saddle even tighter. Confused thoughts tumbled through her head, creasing her brow. Arell's dragon was still around. That meant Arell was alive. Which could only mean she had slept less than a thousand years. But the trees on the city entrance suggest another tale. Those trees were hardy. Thick. A rough estimate on their size alone bespoke more than a thousand years. So how long had she been asleep. The thought never crossed her mind that Arell had been put to sleep too.

What do you want to do little one. Nocturn's swept aside her muddle of thoughts.

Keep flying. Southwest towards the sea. I can't...I can't deal with them right now. Lunette tentatively pushed the words into his mind. She could feel his longing to see one of his own kind again after so long. A terrible wave of guilt washed over her as his wings ate up the distance. She almost opened her mouth to tell him to turn around - for his sake. But hardened her resolve.

Around early evening, in the distance she saw the tall spires of the royal castle. Both Rider and dragon understood that they had to give the city a wide berth. Experience from the great war had taught her such. Lunette gazed over, and even from the distance they were at, she could see that the city was much larger than when she had been put to sleep. The castle looked to be almost double its original size, and the city had spread threefold. She continued to stare even after the city had disappeared back over the edge of the horizon.

Just as the sun was starting to set, Nocturn landed at the edge of a massive forest. Lunette slid out of the saddle and yelped at the pins and needle sensation that brought her to her knees. She knuckled and massaged her calves for several long moments before standing up again.

We'll settle here the night. Nocturn said firmly. You're exhausted and haven't had anything to eat in hours.

To her surprise, she realized Nocturn was correct. She felt completely emotionally drained. Her protested weakly. Lunette took her pack off him after he had settled down, but left the saddle. She screwed her face up at the thought of more bread and cheese so soon after losing her first meal of it. Unstrapping her quiver from her thigh, she set it beside the dragon and got to work unrolling her bedroll. Once that was done, she sat down and snuggled up to him between his neck and front leg. She pulled out another bread roll from her pack and slowly began nibbling on it.

A long, tired sigh escaped her lips. What a horrible first day.

Eager Gawker

User Image

“Stalking you? I find that highly unlikely. The only ones stalking you are the men who work for you uncle.” The Kyten female reached up and stroked her dragon fondly and smiled at Will as she drank in his reaction. He was the first one, other than herself, to meet Sayomi. Serena was about to insult Will again (because apparently she enjoyed insulting royalty) but was distracted by the sound of cracking. Her silver eye widened as they fell on the egg Will was holding. “It’s….It’s hatching!” Serena leant forwards to get a better look at the miracle taking place before her very eyes. However, Sayo merely snorted and yawned before laying her head down on Serena’s shoulder. Apparently, the female dragon found the beginning of new life rather dull. After a few tense seconds, a beautiful rainbow tail poked out and wagged around much like a worm. Serena smiled when the head of the dragon finally looked out from the safety of his old shell. “Hello little one…”

Serena laughed at the strange sounds which the rainbow dragon made before glaring at Will “Dragons cannot speak….So that ‘poor pronunciation’ was just your deluded brain tricking you” The white haired female laughed when the newly hatched dragon clawed its way out of the remaining shell and nestled in the crook of Wills arms for only a short while before smacking Will in the face with his tail. Well, this dragon was most certainly not the brightest spark but there was no denying how cute he was. Serena picked up the new-born just as he reached out towards her, and helped him up so he could get a good look at Sayomi. “Well? What do you think, Sayo?” The white dragon, angry at having someone else climbing on her human, growled like a feline and snapped at poor Mandy dragon. Serena laughed softly and handed the little one back to his rightful owner. “I guess she’s shy…”

After her little outburst, Sayo jumped down from Serena’s shoulders and sniffed at the broken shell that had fallen. She pawed at a particular large section until it cracked in half. Feeling empowered, Sayo stuck her head in the air and walked away in a manner that was reminiscent of a dressage horse’s trot. Serena rubbed her eyes smiled “She’s telling me that she thinks your dragon is small. Though, she doesn’t realise that only three days ago, she was the same size…” A small shiver ran down Serena’s spin and she realised that they had been down here for a while now. She looked over at Will and the rainbow dragon before nodding towards the left “Sayomi came from this direction. It must lead outside. Come on…” The Kyten female let Will and Armand walk ahead and boy had she regretted that choice.

By the time the two dragon owners had made it to the surface, they were both covered in mud, twigs and leaves. Will had tripped and fallen backwards and knocked both of them down into a large, muddy puddle. Serena cursed the human in her native tongue while dealing with Sayo’s bombardment of angry, broken messages and images. Apparently, Sayomi wanted Serena to push Will back into the water as she had done so before. “Why can’t humans walk without falling over? Perhaps it is because you drink alcohol and feast on bad food so often….” Serena’s hair was now brown and she was feeling cold, smelly and dirty. “I feel sorry for your dragon. He’s got a lot to teach you….” Sitting down by her other clothes and the violin, Serena began to dutiful task of removing leaves from her hair while Sayomi rolled around in the long grass to clean her scales. "You should think about finding him some fo---" Serena didn't get to finish her sentence because she was distracted by Sayomi catching a mouse, killing it and flicking it to Armand. "Aww......such a good dragon..."

Where: Mashes.
Who: Sayomi, Mandy and a goddamn princely thief!...
What: Facepalming Will being so clumsy!
Feeling: Curious, cold and a little mad!

Omnipresent Loiterer

5,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Simon Avalon

Company: Kiras
Thoughts: "A long, long way indeed..."

Simon smirked as she gave her appraisal of a Courtesan's line of work. "Some would say they're just selling their bodies because they have nothing else worth selling. Others sometimes do it as a comfort for warriors, because sometimes a warrior just wants a cuddle from a woman. And not many women would just cuddle a strange warrior on the spot. Others just say it's because they crave attention. There's a myriad of reasons why they could do it, but I choose not to pick one. After all, so long as none of them try to force their services on me why should I bother them with non-paying company?" Simon was almost amazed himself with how much he was talking. "I've spent too much time alone..." he thought a little sad about that. After all, company was wonderful, and this Kiras lady was at least an adept listener.

He then beamed as she said she'd take a look at his sword. "Oh nonono. I can't have you examine it for free! At the very least I should give you a bit of coin for your own devices? Perhaps I can show you some notes about valuable alchemy ingredients?" he said earnestly. It felt a bit wrong to just let her look at his sword for free, but if she insisted he had something else he could say that might make her take some coin. He took another slice of his apple pie and started eating it as she commented on the bar maid.

Simon looked at her curiously as she said it was odd. He thought on it again, it was a bit flirtatious for his tastes but he didn't think it odd. Maybe she thought he was attractive? He shook his head to bring himself back to reality and smiled mischievously before whispering back to her, "No. She must just think I'd be a good partner for the same activity. Not everyone who wants it is a Courtesan." he then finished his current slice of pie as the same Barmaid brought Kiras the dinner he'd ordered for her. She gave him a coy smirk and a wink this time before returning to work, he then whispered to Kiras, "And then there are the village horses. Everyone's ridden it at least once, if you catch my drift." he said after she wasn't looking at them any more, a scarce window indeed.

Simon smiled at her and said, "I could too. Fact is an inn with good food and good rooms is rare. So why not experience it all? Plus at the very least a bed is more comfortable than a hide skin sleeping sack, right? Plus, I just seem to be a sucker for helping people." he thankfully cut himself off before he talked what remained of her ear off of her with more of his life story. He then took a new slice of pie in his hand and said, "We should finish our food and turn in. Good rest is the true start to a good day, or so Mother always told me. Usually before necking an entire pot full of tea... I never got that and fear I never will..." he said with incredulity towards the end before he turned his attention back to his pie and resumed eating.

Beloved Shapeshifter

11,000 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
Covel
Clothes: Land
Weapons: a hidden blade
ooc:Wimpiest opening I've ever done... -_-

The white haired elf walked along the road, smiling as the wind danced around him. Leaves on the ground stirred and the critters went scurrying about, hunting for their next meal. The elf sighed, looking at his newest of treasures which was fastened to his fore arm. "This sure makes for an interesting find, even among that group."

The gleam on metal that was visible shone, reflecting the sun as to show its own beauty. He smiled, putting his arm back down and reaching for his map. "Now... Where to next? Or maybe I should just... Let the wind sweep me away."

Covel, who concentrated on the map, didn't see the group in front of him, and soon bumped into one of its members. He fell to the floor with a thud, the map flying out of his hands and off to his right.

"Gah! My map!" Covel gasped as he shot up, racing to try and catch it before it flew too far away.

Firebreathing Gekko

User ImageUser Image

Arell
A Legend of the Dawntime

Thunder managed the aerial equivalent of a stumble when Nocturn and Lunette looked back to him, then kept flying. He cried out again, this time softer so that it wouldn't echo and fewer strangers could overhear. This time, rather than saying 'you're alive!' the roar said 'you dumbasses are flying the wrong way'. But they continued on, and so he turned back to Arell with a sigh, transmitting to her what he saw.

"You miserable selfish excuse of a human," Arell muttered before switching to elven for a better string of expletives. She glared in the direction of the shrinking dot that must be Nocturn, noting that the second dot was growing larger. In a moment the human would be able to see it too. "Well. Perhaps its better that you won't have to deal with Lunette just yet," she said quietly, hiding any pain the rebuttal caused. How could she do this? They were thousands of years past their own time, the four of them were all that was left of their own time, their own lives. Their civilizations had crumbled, their bloodlines long since extinguished. Even Nocturn and Thunder were nearly alone- and their kin were infants. Aside from Thunder, she was alone. True, she was standing next to an attractive man, or he likely would be once he had slept a few hours, but it didn't matter. Her armor, sword, ring and tattoo were all that remained of her past life. And now, unless something got lucky and killed her, she would live out the centuries alone, just waiting for time to catch up to her.

"Once Thunder lands we can keep watch so you can sleep. I imagine you were hiding from the patrol I met, and your dragon took even more out of you. Eat, sleep. You'll need your strength for what's coming." She was different, just a little colder. She wasn't sure if he'd notice that the music in her voice was just a little lacking, that the quick smile she offered didn't meet her eyes. She had spent too long at Court to be unable to put on a good show, but she never had learned how to make it ring completely true to someone who was watching.

Thunder finally approached and landed, golden eyes staring calmly at the human and the small dragon. "Beckett, this is Thunder. Thunder, the dragon is Kaothos and this is his human."

Where: Illyra's Scrying Bowl
With: Beckett

Seol Bi

XxHakaxX's Husbando

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
User Image
William Balderon, P R I N C E__
where: Swamp - North - Out of Cavern__
with: Serena, Sayo, Mandy dragon__
what: Hating Mandy dragons__
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤____________

_a well-behaved GENTLEMAN is simply a PATIENT WOLF.
________________________¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Right... it was no news and quite well known that the prince was being hunted by his father because of their rebellion. She was going to insult him again, but fortunately, Will was spared her random anger by the cracking of the egg and the elf's melting attitude toward the birth of the dragon. Apparently, she didn't have a problem with the rainbow dragon baby scurrying up her either.

“Dragons cannot speak….So that ‘poor pronunciation’ was just your deluded brain tricking you”

Will highly doubted that. This dragon was either plain stupid or out to make his life miserable. That dragon had definitely made sounds like "Ma ma".

"Mrrr~" the rainbow dragon chirped playfully even though the white dragon snapped at him possessively, and miraculously settled in Will's arms again when Serena handed him back to the prince. The dragon looked up at Will and chirped again with a toothy smile. That short attention toward Will ended when Sayo went over and swiped at his egg. "Mrrrrr!" the rainbow dragon chirped loudly and would have run out of Will's hands if not for the prince holding him in place. "You....most extraordinary creature to roam the skies.. my foot," the prince grumbled as the dragon whined and wiggled in response to Sayo dragon prancing about with head up high as if she was royalty.

“She’s telling me that she thinks your dragon is small. Though, she doesn’t realise that only three days ago, she was the same size…”

Will blinked and chuckled. These dragons were far from extraordinary. They were juvenile babies. He shook his head as Serena's voice alerted him to a potential escape from the cavern they were in. Luckily, it didn't appear that they had to go through that current again. Swimming against that current would have been death and futile. She let him go first.

Alas, the trip had not been eventless due to the prince tripping and falling back onto the elf lady. What made it worse was that Will had suddenly gotten an image of him falling into the muddy puddle with the elf seconds before he tripped and did exactly what the image prophesized. The rainbow dragon had escaped from his arms and was by the white dragon. Honestly. The rainbow dragon really looked as if it was chortling at him.

“Why can’t humans walk without falling over? Perhaps it is because you drink alcohol and feast on bad food so often….I feel sorry for your dragon. He’s got a lot to teach you….”

"..." Like his newfound female companion, Will was covered head to tow in mud. The two of them seemed more like marsh monsters now. The mud and muck only attracted leaves and twigs to their person. It would be only a miracle if anyone recognized him now. "Well, aren't you miss perfect elf," he retorted as he set about removing the leaves and trying to get rid of the mud.

"You should think about finding him some fo---Aww......such a good dragon..."

Will looked over and sighed. Dragons were carnivorous. That much he knew from the legends. Who knew that this legend would come true. The rainbow scaled dragon had imitated the white dragon in rolling around on the grass and making funny snort giggle noises, and now it had received the gift of food from the snappy white dragon. The rainbow dragon chirped as it chowed down on the meal, poking it timidly at first and then nomming.

Will shook his head. "Mandy, it said.. the way you look might as well be Candy." He didn't even know if the rainbow dragon was male or female. The white dragon was a female. The elf had stated as much. "Fine. If you don't have a name, you just named yourself, brat," Will remarked as he watched the rainbow dragon eating. "Mandy you said. So, Mandy your name will be... short for Armand, some mad wizard from a legend. It suits you." He sighed as the rainbow dragon raised a head to acknowledge him and then went back to figuring out how to eat the mouse. Mandy had clearly found a mentor in Sayo, even though, as the elf had said, Sayo was only three days older than the rainbow dragon.

"So... to who do I have the honor of being saved by...or would you rather me say...to who do I have the honor of inviting myself to take fruit-----how do you tell if the dragon's gender?" Oops. He was curious about her name, but it had just occurred to him to ask her what gender Armand was....because if Armand happened to be a female, that would be awkward.

Mandy the rainbow dragon baby had finished its meal and was yawning and stretching its wings, trying to fly. Silly dragon. Take it slow... But fly Mandy did, or rather glide miniscule for a second or two before crashing into a wooden instrument. "My violin!" As if one cue from hearing Will declare "my," the mischievous dragon perched on top of the violin and then clawed at the violin strings until they popped. It then proceeded to try to fit itself through the violin's hole and make itself comfortable.

"MANDY!" The blonde prince's eyebrow twitched. That violin was one of his most precious possessions, and this dragon had made the holes on the violin just slightly bigger and broken the strings. The acoustics of that violin would never be the same.

((Thanks for the posting format, Seol.))

Romantic Lunatic

User ImageUser Image
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Zerthan finished up the bandaging around his arm where the arrow had scratched him. It didn't seem to be much of a wound but he knew better than to underestimate even the slightest of scratches. He would not risk getting an infection. As for the highwaymen.. .Well... They now carried wounds beyond healing of any mortals' capabilities. They would trouble him no more. Only once before in life had he been struck down hard enough to blacken his view. He remembered the pain like it was yesterday, but it wasn't a pain of a bleeding wound. It was a pain of the heart. He had lost that one battle because he had lacked the resolve to do what he had to do. His opponent had not. But Zerthan was determined to not let the sake mistake happen once more, if such test were to confront him once more.
"Next time... Will be different..."

His crimson eyes that had been soft from the memory of defeat and broken feelings slowly harden once more and he gazed directly into the flames of his campfire. Despite the delay caused by the bandits, Zerthan had arrived to the edge of the Marshlands in time to put up camp, tent and all, before the nightfall which was now looming over him. And he had been bale to question one of the highwaymen before claiming his life... Apparently there were rumors of rebels in the Marshlands. On top of that, he was certain he had seen a dragon in the sky. Pieces were falling into place and he could believe that he had been so lucky with his choice of direction. Then again, it was just a rumor. It could prove to be a futile search, especially because of the Marshlands' size.

He threw a last log into the sparkling fire before crawling into his tent. He was sure that any sane man following the king would dare to venture so close to the Marshlands, Fay territory. And he was also certain that Fay seldom ventured out to the very edges of their home, where Zerthan now rested his weary body. Taking comfort in this, he closed his eyes and began to slip into slumber, but his consciousness still vigilant and ready to spring him up from his sleep in case something were to approach.

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Where:
At the southern edge of the Marshlands, next to the very end/start of the road..
-
With:
No one.
-
OOC:

Beloved Prophet

a n a
▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫
with: Darigan
where: swamp
when: dusk/early evening

▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫ ▫

User Image
Ana and Darigan moved silently through the marsh, making their way towards another intruder. It was, quite frankly, insulting. Not only were the filthy, stinking humans disturbing her home, but now a foreign Fey had seen fit to invite themselves in without observing the proper niceties. Ana cursed her luck.

Flying through low hanging branches and against the wind, it took her longer than she would have liked to track down the source of cold presence invading her land. When Ana happened upon another lone human, she bared her teeth and growled. Fury whipped through her.

She had had enough.

Ignoring both snow Fey and human, the tiny woman jerked her mount around one-eighty degrees, and urged him back towards the human encampment. That girl's clothes were too fine to belong to some lost traveller, and that meant she was the exiled Princess.

Ana hadn't been kidding when she said no one would leave alive.

User Image

__________she's got the whole d a r k f o r e s t living inside of her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff