Welcome to Gaia! ::

FauxMostFoul's Partner

Eloquent Conversationalist

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
User Image

The year is 2067 and humanity has all but been exterminated. A genetically mutated version of Rabies has infected the general population and spread like wildfire; causing a pandemic (global epidemic) in a matter of weeks. The few who survive live in desperation as the zombies close in on them. These zombies aren't as slow moving as one might think; they may not be able to run but they can certainly move faster than a shuffle. They have keener senses, mainly because they aren't dead. They are merely given the name "zombies" since their behavior is the same, and since they have lost all their humanity. Many survivors think they can wait it out; wait for the virus to kill the hosts (the zombies) so they can be safe. But it isn't that easy. The amount of infected against the non-infected is a vastly huge difference that doesn't favor the non-infected.

Within Atlanta, Georgia, at the CDC (Center for Disease Control & Prevention), a team of scientists have stayed behind to try and find a cure, or at least a way to stop the progression of the virus. Because if the virus can't spread, the "zombies" will die off within a short period of time. With this group as the last hope for humanity, many have risked their lives to protect Atlanta; the last city without zombies in the whole world. But with zombies closing in, it may not last.

FauxMostFoul's Partner

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
User Image

❶ Please message profiles to myself or VSG12, with the title of "Zombie Nomnomnom". Be sure to include a emotion_zombie (zombie) icon as well, so I am sure you have read through the rules.

❷ The main characters will be open only for a short time. If you want them, be sure to take them. Try and take already existing characters, instead of making your own ahead of time. However, original characters are accepted.

❸ Please do not go over-board with violence, romance, or other themes. Try to keep the Role Play to a PG13 limit. You can be violent, romantic, and curse, but do keep it to a limited amount. If you do insist on "going further" with a character in a romantic setting, please resort to Private Messaging.

❹ Please be literate in this Role Play! I don't expect huge paragraphs or anything of that matter, but don't use one-liners. Also be sure to use the correct spelling, grammar, and other literary methods.

❺ Try and make your posts as pretty as you can! You can either use a creative border or a picture of your character(s) in each post. Using colors is accepted, but try not to use the same colors as other characters.

❻ There is no limit to the amount of characters you can take, but please, only take as many as you can handle. If you take 20 characters and only use 6, I will delete the unused characters. Unless there is a reason for a character to be out of action, please only make as many characters as needed.

❼ Invite friends to this thread! Also, please try to post as often as you can, even if it's only one post a day. If you need to leave, please inform me as soon as you can, or even leave a post in the thread.

FauxMostFoul's Partner

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
User Image

[color=#014421][b]If you must call me anything, call me[/b][/color]
*Full Name (Alias in Parenthesis/Brackets)*
[color=#414A4C][b]The candles on my cake add up to[/b][/color]
*Age*
[color=#660000][b]These Are My Friends[/b][/color]
*Weapon of Choice*
[color=#014421][b]My only company is[/b][/color]
*Do you belong to a survival group? A community? Are you a lone survivor with a pet? Just on your own?*
[color=#414A4C][b]In the mirror, this is what I see[/b][/color]
*Appearance*
[color=#660000][b]If I recall correctly[/b][/color]
*Biography*
[color=#014421][b]My heart belongs to[/b][/color]
*Do you have a parter/crush/lover?*
[color=#414A4C][b]If you must know[/b][/color]
*Other information*
[color=#660000][b]My only master is[/b][/color]
*Gaia Username*

FauxMostFoul's Partner

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
User Image

If you must call me anything, call me
Dawn Monroe
The candles on my cake add up to
These Are My Friends
Automatic Rifle
.32 caliber pistol
Throwing Knives
My only company is
A Survival Group
In the mirror, this is what I see
User Image
If I recall correctly
Dawn was your everyday, normal, kind-hearted College student who wanted nothing else but to work her way towards being a Music Producer. When the zombie apocalypse happened, she was studying in Maine, so she was cut off from her family in New York City. Her mother and three brothers didn't survive, but her father did. He left for Atlanta, before the "iron wall" was built, but she was left behind. She helped form a group of survivors out of her fellow college students and made the campus a safe haven (for a time). When the zombies overwhelmed them, Dawn moved her group. They're moving south for Atlanta in the hopes they can make it in.
My heart belongs to
N/A
If you must know
Her father is the lead scientist looking into a cure. Her survival-group is leaving Main to rendezvous with them in the "sanctuary" of Atlanta.
My only master is
VSG12

Alexandra "Alex" Dunmore
These Are My Friends
Metal baseball bat with nails welded on
.42 caliber pistol
Browning 1918 Automatic Rifle
Machete
My only company is
A Survival Group (Leader)
User Image
If I recall correctly
Alex grew up as tomboy as a girl could be, this leading her into the life of drag racing; cars and motorbikes seemed to catch her attention. It's where she met her boyfriend, Felix, who was a pit-stop/mechanic himself. The two moved to Maine while they had off-time between races when the apocalypse hit. Since they lived close to the University campus, they ended up moving there for a time.
My heart belongs to
Felix Savannah
If you must know
Since she was a bike racer, she knows a lot about mechanics and machinery. She is also the leader of the group because of her martial arts knowledge.
My only master is
VSG12

Felix Savannah
These Are My Friends
Crowbar
Tire Iron
.44 calibre handgun
Double-barrel shotgun
My only company is
A Survival Group (Co-Leader)
User Image
If I recall correctly
Felix grew up with a mechanic father, so it was expected of him to follow in the "family business" and work on cars. Felix decided to seperate himself from his father's workshop in Detroit and moved out to the NASCAR crowd. He became a mechanic/pit-stop and also a replacement driver if something happened at the last minute. It was through racing he met his long-term girlfriend Alexandria. The two moved to Maine before they were going to move out to the South again for another race when the apocalypse happened. Because of his background, he's a skilled mechanic, so he often rigs cars and motorbikes. He's also good with building weapons (like guns) and makeshift weaponry (like welding nails to metal baseball bats).
My heart belongs to
Alexandra "Alex" Dunmore
If you must know
He's a lot stronger than he looks, meaning his punches can kill you if he hits you right. He's the bronze of the group while Dawn is the brains and Alex the heart (since she is the leader).
My only master is
VSG12

James A. Mercer
These Are My Friends
Two .32 Calibur pistols
Machete
Cricket bat
My only company is
Ellie and Mina
User Image
If I recall correctly
James practically grew up on the streets. He learned how to pickpocket, hotwire, pick locks and break in unnoticed to high-tech facilities. He couldnt have done it without his sister though. Now, who would have thought that all his skills would come in handy? Him and his sister are currently in Maine, having lived there for a few years. He isnt worried about the zombies. Its just like being on the streets. The only difference is that these things want to eat him and sometimes even that was similar to some situations he's faced.
My heart belongs to
Anyone but the zombies
If you must know
James knows hot to hotwire cars and pick locks.
My only master is
Blue-eyed_Ninja94

Elizabeth "Ellie" E. Mercer
These Are My Friends
Sniper rifle
Silenced Desert Eagle
cricket bat
My only company is
James, Nina, and Mel
User Image
If I recall correctly
Don't be fooled by her innocent demeanor. By the time she was 6, she could and decrypt the security system of a high-tech facility. Thats right. This girl is a bonafide genius. She helped her brother rob many high-tech places and escape unscathed and innocent. She learned to shoot a gun when she was 10. These zombies ain't got nothing on her.
My heart belongs to
I'm only 13!
If you must know
Mel is a high-tech robot which looks like a doll. It provides, radar readings, warning notices, and if needed becomes a mini-zombie killing machine. Nina is just a dog and she looks like this.
My only master is
Blue-eyed_Ninja94

FauxMostFoul's Partner

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100
User Image

These "zombies" aren't completely dead; they have beating hearts but minimal brain function. They are primitive animals with no humanity left in them, only an aggressive mindset and the craving for human flesh. They are slow moving, their fastest speed akin to walking, but they swarm quickly to a target. Their overwhelming numbers is what kills most of the survivors. They have a good sense of smell, at least in close distance, which is their best sense. Their eye-sight is fairly good, but if you stop moving (at a far enough distance not to be smelled, or if you mask your sent with coagulated non-infected blood) you can go undetected. As for hearing, the zombies are all but deaf, so they won't be attracted to gunfire or shouts. It is still best to keep still and quiet if zombies are in the area, because the closer the get, the closer they are to smelling you.

Since they aren't dead, they have some good strength on their side. Some zombies can even climb, but not very well, since the muscles in their bodies decompose at a phenomenally quick rate. It's true that these zombies don't last very long, since the rabies-like virus destroys the brain within 5-10 days, but their ability to infect others means that however many you kill, they can infect twice as many.

The best ways to kill these "zombies" is to:
Shoot them in the brain; a tried-and-true method with no side effect (minus running low on ammo, which is why medium-range secondary weapons [baseball bats, machetes, swords, etc] are vital) to the survivors. You can also try hacking off limbs, like legs and arms, so they cannot follow. That however has the downside of needing to be close, meaning one risks infection. One could also try incinerating them, since they still are partially alive, but that brings up the downside that if you don't burn them enough they might still come at you before it kills them.

FauxMostFoul's Partner

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100

FauxMostFoul's Partner

8,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • First step to fame 200
  • Married 100