But it's you who have further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love...
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much....

User Image

••Rowan Leigh Blackstone••

♈The Thieving Archer♈
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Rowan bit her tongue. He had caught the last word. She could tell by the look on his face. She sighed and then smiled slightly. "I'm glad you're attempting.... If this is a gesture of being on common grounds, then I'll accept it... But you shouldn't be so formal with me... At least not when there are so many around." She looked at him suspiciously, realizing that he probably already figured out who she was. Was he really a bandit? Or was he someone who was going to try and take her back to her incredibly controlling family? That had already two or three times, and she was wary to fall for it again.

She blinked a couple times, trying to get her mind off the possibility. She wanted to trust him as much as she was willing to do, but it just wasn't safe enough. "I wonder what's going on over there." She gestured at the drinking contest, the subject being changed immediately in her mind. She sighed and swung her legs back and forth a bit, her feet barely sweeping the wood of the floors. A small smile crept across her face. A certain thief was trying to get her attention as subtly as possible. She winked back and then looked away, knowing he'd figure out what she meant.

User Image

♥♥ooc:♥♥

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away!
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away!
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium!

Hilarious Entrepreneur

≼≾Ɗiℴ'ℬlanca ◉ ℬastien≿≽

User Image
≹────────────────────────────≸

Atop a white horse, the royal knight scanned each corner of Bravilde patrolling the streets. Looking out for any sign of trouble. Her day was the same as usual, arresting those disturbing the peace and throwing them in jail. To many of her fellow knights, it was a boring routine. To Dio Blanca, it was an honorable task. One many take for granted. There are plenty who put up a good fight. Resistance as strong as their pride as a whole. But also those who lack proper training, with mouths so wide with insults. They tend to fight dirty. Foul play was their fancy, be a thief, mercenary, bandit or assassin. Almost lost in her thoughts one of her fellow knights galloped to her side. She turned her head and faced the man as he then said.

"Sir Dio, It's my turn to patrol the town. Why don't you take a break?" The guard looked at him. He had no clue that Dio was a woman. Nor did anyone else in the kingdom of Bravilde. A Bastien dark secret that would stay hidden for what Dio Blanca assumed to be an eternity. With a silent nod Dio steered her horse away and galloped. As she rode, Dio wrapped a black cloak around her, hiding her uniform. For the path she chose was filled with many shady characters, should they find out that she was a knight. She would get in much trouble. Her focus was to grab a meal at a local tavern. Soon, she felt a raindrop on the top of her hood, followed by another. Afterwards it began to lightly pour. Wrapping her cloak. Dio then got off her horse and tied him to a nearby post under a roof once found the Tavern, and went inside, taking a seat in the middle of the table, waiting for one of the bar maids all the while watching the crowd around her. With all that attention, whether her presence was known, she did not know.

Dio then heard a hardy voice shout from the distance. Turning her head she saw a large bearded man and another young man having a drinking contest. She watched the scene unfold as the crowd laughed and cheered. It was tough not to look away from the scene. as the crowd grew louder and the sound of the mug broke. Still, she continued to watch, curious as to who would be victorious, which seemed obvious to her from the start.

≹────────────────────────────≸
User Image
Story

Story's eye flickered between the guests of the tavern, watching the lovely blonde and the silver haired boy wink, the tittering of the girls over the barrel chested man, jumping over the crash of the broken pottery. They jumped back to the boy that looked oddly similar to her. They could be siblings. But that was impossible- she would be hundreds and hundreds of years older than him. A descendent of her line? She had never given offspring, but a remnant of a family she couldn't remember? Withdrawing from her thoughts, she realized he was still staring at her in an unnerving manner. He was calling unnecessary attention to her. She looked down at her plate and fiddled with the food she no longer wanted to eat, wondering if the thief would just go away on his own, hoping that the disturbance of the game would keep him from being noticed.

Wealthy Entrepreneur

User Image
Mordecai Jethro Wolfmane

"I'd have never thought that being a bandit could be so rewarding. . ."

INDENTJethro could tell in Rowan's face that she knew her identity had slipped. However, this was not something that Jethro would hold against her. If she truly was a thief, then she was already on friendly terms with him. No quarrel would be taken out with her. She seemed to be distracted by something, the drinking contest in the back. Jethro looked over and noticed the hulking barbarian guzzling ale as a thirsty man would guzzle water. Yes, that was Yngrald the mercenary. These things happened often in this tavern, much like the barmaids swooning over Jethro, which was more amusing than it was a quick way to clear a libido.

"Ah, yes. That would be the city's finest mercenary. Or so the merchants and nobles would have you believe. He's been here longer than I have, I think. My men have crossed blades with him before. All of them died. That man is most certainly hazardous to my trade when he does his job. As for the formalities, we can discuss your origins elsewhere. Believe you me that I have no need for your true credentials. You are neither enemy nor target. If anything, I'd like to call us friends, for the sake of having just one more person looking out for you."

INDENTFormalities could be an art form, but they weren't really Jethro's thing. He could be good at it when he needed to be, but he rarely wanted to be formal. Especially with his status in the world, formalities were often tedious and rarely rewarding.

". . . Maybe that's why I'm the King?"

Fashionable Trader

2,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
User Image
Nathaniel Thornwood

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success...

The rain had begun slow but was picking up at a quick pace and thunder could be heard in the distance. Chuckling Nathaniel tapped his pipe against his leg clearing the ash from it. Standing he stowed it and began to make his way back to the Tavern to wait out the storm. As much as he liked the rain he had no desire to drenched to the bone. Walking up to the doors he pushed them open quickly and strode back to the bar smiling as he noticed his seat was still open. Sitting he pulled a few more coins from his purse and dropped them on the counter signaling the man behind the bar.

"Rorek another ale if you would be so kind"

...What are we waiting for?"

Dapper Grabber

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cut me down
But it's you who have further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love...
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much....

User Image

••Rowan Leigh Blackstone••

♈The Thieving Archer♈
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

She smiled slightly. He wasn't going to hold her noble roots against her. 'Thank God.' She sighed quietly and listened to him talk about the man who was drinking in the contest on the other side of the bar. She laughed a little and then nodded happily. "I for one think that a friendship would be a great idea. Having someone to look out for you is always nice..." She stopped herself, feeling sad thoughts rushing into her mind like the floodgates broke in front of an overflowing river. It hit her hard. She instantly thought of her parents. Which wasn't good. She frowned deeply and then looked at Jethro. "Alright, friendship it is." She held out her hand in agreement.

User Image

♥♥ooc:♥♥
I'm gonn head to bed within the next ten to fifteen minutes.

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away!
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away!
You shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium!
((Sir Kromwell- would you grace us with another entry by Yngrald? He made me laugh and I love his beard!))

Dapper Grabber

8,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
OOC: I'm sorry for posting ooc right now, but I am so exhausted, I can't see straight and I'm seeing stuff that isn't really there. So yeah, good night.

Invisible Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Heckler 50
User Image

╔════════════════╗

Remiel Meyers

╚════════════════╝

He kept his eyes fixed on the girl for a few more seconds until she lowered her own eyes. At that moment it struck him how suspicious and creepy he must have looked. The resemblance was somewhat striking. As much as Remiel wished to ignore the thoughts forming in his head, it was too late to derail the his train of thought. He had a vivid picture of his mother burned in his memory. With eyes the color of a crisp ocean and hair with such rich red coloring that it would almost seem like his mother was on fire on windy days. Then there was his silver hair and pale complexion. He had inherited nothing from his mother. His features were most likely a keepsake from his father. This made the girl all that more intriguing. He quickly stab back down with a slight blush on his face. He was embarrassed about the way he had been staring.

The tavern still seemed as lively as usual. He figured since Rowan was there he might as well look after her should anything go wrong. As he sat there, taking in his surroundings he would sometime take a quick gander at that girl again. The sight of her simply reminded him of his origins. He tried to keep himself informed about the silver-haired girl in the most subtle way. His ears and eyes would be mostly fixed on Rowan.

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤——¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤——¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Wealthy Entrepreneur

User Image
Mordecai Jethro Wolfmane

"I'd have never thought that being a bandit could be so rewarding. . ."

INDENTSplendid news. Jethro took Rowan's hand in agreement to her conclusion. And so it was, Jethro had made another friend in the society of thieves, which probably unlocked potential doors for the future. This was a very good thing, even though the intention was not to use her to get to other thieves. A large cooperative network of the lawless could truly stand against oppressive law whenever it arose.

"Very well, then, Rowan. I hereby declare that my gates are open to you whenever you should need to seek entry to them. My primary encampment is within the ruins of Fort Seweyrn, to the north west. It is quite a distance away, but it is well defensed and very remote. Shall I expect to see you there in the near future?"

INDENT

". . . Maybe that's why I'm the King?"

Wealthy Entrepreneur

((There's no reason to fight exhaustion for the sake of the game. We'll miss you, of course, but we'll all be here tomorrow. If you need rest, get some. I can understand needing a break.))
User Image
Story
Story shivered and rubbed her arms, unused to anyone noticing her. She wasn't sure we wanted to be noticed by a thief anyway. Medicine wasn't cheap, and her house had been broken into numerous times to steal her precious plants. If they only knew that she'd treat anyone in need for free...
Speaking of, she watched two newcomers come in, one soaking wet and smelling like a pipe, the other with a poorly made bandage wrapped around what looked like a painfully slightly dislocated jaw. If she was back home she could offer them help, but instead she just pushed off the hood of her cloak, sat back and sighed, absorbing the movements of the crowd through the smoky air. She couldn't help her eyes lazily drifting back to the silver hair, as her eyes sleepily half closed she realized that it looked a little like starlights when it was blurred just so...

Wealthy Entrepreneur

User Image
Yngrald Dwarginjolf

"Lo, there do I see my Father. Lo, there do I see my Mother and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo, there do I see the Line. . ."

INDENTNot surprisingly, the challenger insisted on proceeding with his challenge. Even if Yngrald had downed a dozen pints of mead, it was hardly a shock that he was beating his opponent in this matter. He was considerably smaller, but not necessarily a small man by any measure. Yngrald was just much larger. The young man blinked hard and rocked about in his drunken stupor a moment before giving Yngrald a stern look.

"You've got balls, little one, but you're looking a wee bit sick, lad."

INDENTThe young man must have taken Yngrald's words as an insult because he started gulping away at his pint. A loud gurgle echoed from out of the mug and ale began to pour down the sides of his face. Yngrald scoffed loudly, his eyes widening as the laughter was welling up. The crowd seemed to hush in anticipation of Yngrald's signature laugh that would boom through the building and rattle the windows. And it was just that, as the youth fell out of his seat, unconscious on the floor. After a moment of quiet, Yngrald threw his head back, eyes squinted, and boomed with laughter (which, indeed, rattled the windows behind him). His left hand gripped his empty mug as his right hand opened and began slapping at the surface of the table, banging loudly over the roaring laughter of the crowd that had been cheering him on during the game.

". . .Of my people back to the beginning. They do bid me to take my place beside them.. In the Halls of Valhalla.. Where the Brave may live forever."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games