Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Phantom

Morgan Beltram

User Image
          After making some headway in the book she was reading in the library, Morgan decided to check on things elsewhere in the manor. While she trusted the place to tell her if something was amiss, it was still better if she checked on things herself. Carefully, she bookmarked the page she stopped on and slid the book back on its shelf before leaving the library.

As she headed down the hall, she heard a voice coming from the kitchen. She paused in the doorway of the kitchen, leaning against it. "Are you finding everything you need?" She asked, hoping not to startle the person looking in the fridge.

Rei Torano

Seeker

User Image
∆◊ Derion Nicholas Lycian ◊∆
≥º≤

Derion looked down at the girl, and listened to her comment about being anything but subtle. The small silver circle caught his eye as she held it up, and he smirked. Derion did one circle then slowly came to the ground, his wings causing a few breezes to brush past Catherine. He landed around three feet in front of her and lightly took her hand with his right, this arm being the one that wasn't marked with black chared looking rock. He removed the circle from her hand forgetting he was still lightly holding her hand from the bottom, her palm up.

Derion looked up, and with a light smile said, "Thanks Catherine, this is actually a tracker." His eyes looking into hers for a few seconds before he realized he was still holding her hand, he let go of her hand and stepped back a foot, his wings still unhidden. Derion felt quite embarrassed, he turned around and his cheeks turned a slight shade of red. Where is my mind... he turned back around unsure of his composure and said, "If you'd like to go back we could, or if you'd there is a waterfall a little over that way... Which i am sure you can hear." This girl was giving Derion a feeling, she was radiating with this, indescribable, confusing, almost powerful vibe.

Something was different about her.... or.... maybe him. He slid his sword in between the space in his wings, the handle sticking up about a foot over his right shoulder. His wing space was about ten feet. He was a big guy.

≥o≤

CadenceDiscordia

x.Rosencrantz.x's Other Half

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
CadenceDiscordia

Rei's tail stilled, before he looked at her around the fridge door. "Oh, well, I was hoping to find some ingredients to make a meal. I'm completely starving." He laughed, "Well, not -starving- starving."

He closed the fridge door, leaning against it, "Do you have any frozen pizza? Or can one order some?"

His tail moved again, as if having a mind of it's own. Black, and smooth- much like his skin at that-, the tail ended in a small spade shape. Turning, he moved to get a glass from the cabinet and got himself some water, brows rose a little, "And exceptionally clean. So, all the pipes here are new, aren't they?"

Professional Phantom

Morgan Beltram

User Image
          Morgan laughed quietly at his question before realizing just how rude that might have sounded. "I'm sorry for laughing, but I don't know of any delivery that would come out this far... Plus, there's no way to call them." She entered the kitchen, leaning against the counter top as she watched him pull down a cup for a drink. "Well, I'm surprised you haven't figured it out already, about the newness of things I mean." She placed one of her hands on the counter, letting it rest on the cool surface for a moment.

"It's not that the pipes are new... they're maintained by magic, as is the rest of this manor." She rubbed her palm gently against the surface, feeling the temperature stay the same beneath her hand. Had she been a normal person, this might have warmed the surface up, but she was a vampire and therefore it didn't warm beneath her hand. "Let me show you something you an use for future reference." She lifted her hand and tapped the counter gently with her index finger. "Cheese pizza." For a moment nothing happened, but, with a gentle popping noise, a small cheese pizza appeared on the counter where Morgan had pointed.

She turned to look at the dark-skinned man and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess the members of the DePartee family that commissioned the building and enchantment of this place really didn't want us leaving if we didn't have to." She motioned for him to take a piece if he was interested. "I'm Morgan, by the way. I'm currently the manor's keeper, so I'm pretty much here all day, every day. The only exception being a couple of hours a month when I go hunting for myself."

Rei Torano

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
CadenceDiscordia

A blue brow rose at that, "ah, so it's one of those things?"

His tail flicked back and forth in thought as his ruby eyes watched her for a while. Though, cheese pizza wouldn't have been at the top of his list, he couldn't help but ponder what else could be ordered just by asking the place? He also wondered if it took other dietary needs into consideration as well.

It would be an interesting experiment to do one day.

"I guess so. Not ones for parties and social gatherings, were they?" Rei smiled faintly, "My name is Rei. Wandering Devil, I suppose if that's an occupation or something." Snorting a little, he adjusted the pink vest he was waring a little, and leaned against the counter, "Is the hunting good around here? I do enjoy a good one now and then, myself."

Professional Phantom

User Image
          As she watched him fly back to where she was, she couldn’t help but roll the disc between her thumb and index finger, feeling the edge of it making a slight indentation in her skin as she did so. The disc weighed about the same as a coin, but she could tell it wasn’t as dense as a coin usually is. There was something more complicated, more intricate, about the disc. She willingly allowed him to take the disc from her as he took her hand. As soon as he touched her, Catherine felt a feeling of warmth begin to rise through her, starting in the hand he was holding and slowly making its way up her arm. Her eyes met his for a moment, as he made eye contact, a small smile gracing her lips once more.

Even after he had dropped her hand and turned around for a moment, Catherine still felt the warmth in her body, and knew her cheeks were slightly pink again. When did I become so transparent? she thought, wondering just how badly she was embarrassing herself. To get her mind off her own awkwardness, she forced herself to listen to and engage Derion in conversation.
          “Oh? So that disc is like a GPS tracker, then?” It was still amazing to her just how small things like that could be made these days. Everything was going nano, so why not make a GPS tracker as small as a coin? She was sure they made them smaller than that, too. “What would you track with that?” She watched him.

She remained silent, listening for the waterfall he mentioned. “I do hear it. Funny how I didn’t even think to listen for it before. To be perfectly honest… I’ve been stuck in that manor for a long time, I’d love to stay out here just a little bit longer… If you don’t mind.” Her voice had turned just a little bit timid as she spoke, as if she were unsure of herself. “If you’d rather go back, don’t stick around on my account.” Although I’d be terribly disappointed if you left right now… she mentally added to her statement. It was a good thing Derion couldn’t read minds. She took a few steps in the direction of the waterfall, wondering if he would follow or go back.

Dr Thc

Professional Phantom

OOC
Well, I accidentally edited this post with my most recent post instead of making a new post... So, I guess this one has been lost forever. Man I feel dumb. >_____<

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
CadenceDiscordia

Rei laughed deeply, "A Mercedes? That's thinking a bit small, even if it were true? I would've asked for an Aston Martin. My son has one..or two." Shaking his head in thought, he sipped his drink considering what she had said.

"Hmm, that's interesting." His tail swayed, much like a cat's. He considered her for a long time before shrugging a bit at some thought. "Aside from humans, I find them a bit bothersome. You know, some of them being well loved or having family or friends look for them." He tsks, "Such a hassle really. Mean, they have the bones, what more do they want? Anyway, I meant about the animals around here. Deer, stags, wolves, I supposes, though I'm certain they're all extinct now. "

Drumming his very well manicured fingers on the counter, he appeared nothing but thoughtful. "You say you have a library here, correct? Does this library carry potion or spell books?"

Professional Phantom

Morgan Beltram

User Image
          "Now, that would be thinking big, wouldn't it?" She laughed softly before falling silent. She found Rei to be a curious creature, unlike any she had seen before (and she'd seen a lot of strange creatures in her lifetime).

"Ah, you meant animals." She nodded, understand exactly where he was coming from now. "Well, unfortunately the wildlife is a bit sparse in the woods around the manor. There are deer at the very least, but they're scrawny little things... Well, most of them are." She was sure he'd bit a bit disappointed if he went hunting around the manor. "You know, there used to be a legend about a white stag living in this area during medieval times, but no one has seen it."

She watched his fingers as they drummed on the counter. "Yes. We have a few spell books and potions books. But be sure not to touch the black book that's under the case at the back of the library. Bad things have been known to happen whenever someone opens that book..." Her tone was serious, as was her facial expression as she warned Rei about he book.

Rei Torano

Seeker

User Image
≥º≤

When she asked him what the trackers are for he couldn't think of anything to tell her but the truth.... Well, at least the truth about what they were used for. Derion was a assassin. His job was simple, quick easy one target kills. Mostly opposing Clan leaders or generals, But in the army of the Damned, you will do anything... Not like the damned have a choice, he placed the circle in his hand and moved his left hand over it, the metal circle now open, like a small container, inside was a small metal piece connected to a white little circle that seemed plastic "I place this in food, or water, or i can place it in the hair, under the skin. It pretty much uses magnetic energy your body creates to work. I used to have to track people... For my Clan. I'm not very proud of what my life has been so far, But i don't plan on tracking you."

He wouldn't use them unless he had to, there was only one way to get the tracer back, and if it was ingested, that wasn't good from the person being tracked.

When she replied referring to the waterfall Derion looked at her and he went to walk past her, but stopped almost right next to her, "I can't leave you out here all alone." He smirked and he shrugged, "Plus, i sorta want to see a clean waterfall." He looked away from Catherine's eyes, he could feel the tension building.

≥o≤

CadenceDiscordia

Professional Phantom

User Image
          Catherine watched as he worked the tracker, fascinated by this technology. It wasn’t like she’d never heard of things like this, but seeing a tracking device, especially one that seemed much more streamlined and easily operable than anything available today was interesting, to say the least. “That’s pretty cool… I’ve never seen anything like that before.” She paused for a moment, leaning in closer to him to get a better look at it. “It looks pretty futuristic it… I wonder when this kind of technology will become the norm.” Little did she know that it was still quite a long time coming.

Considering his words for a moment, Catherine looked up, still leaning a bit closer to him than she probably should have been. “All this talk of tracking… It sounds like you’re a hunter for your clan or something.” She watched him curiously, wondering if she was sort of hitting the nail on the head. The more she thought about it, the more sense it made. Why else would he carry a weapon and trackers? Plus, he looked like she would expect a hunter to look: tall, strong, he could probably take on anything that came at it. The big question is, what did he hunt? For a brief moment, Catherine wondered if she needed to be more careful around Derion. This entire time she had been talking with him, enjoying his company, but not once had it occurred to her to even consider that he might be dangerous.

As soon as he stopped next to her, however, those thoughts were pushed to the back of her mind again. “How chivalrous of you,” she said with a smirk, watching with a slight bit of disappointment as he dropped his eyes from hers. “You’ve never seen a clean waterfall?” Her tone was incredulous as she asked him. “Well, then I guess we have to go see it now.” She laughed and started walking, hoping he would stay next to her, or at least not too far ahead. “I can’t believe you’ve never seen a clean waterfall!”

Dr Thc

Seeker

User Image
≥º≤

With another movement of his hand over his other the cap was closed and he placed the device into his pant pocket. For a few seconds his mind was empty, something that barely ever happened... When she was looking away and talking about the device, Derion removed his jacket from his shoulder and his wings seemed to get closer to his body, pressing on to his back and lower legs, he stated,"I don't want to attract attention..." His wings seemingly disappearing behind him, as he slid one arm through the sleeve of the jacket, slinging the jacket on he tugged his shirt down a little and looked up at Catherine.

For a moment he didn't say anything, when she refereed to the technology, he was confused for a second and could see the sure deviousness of this girls mind, a girl who was seemingly so curious she could pick apart a situation before it even unfolded, her eyes when she looked at his, he could just... tell. They window to the soul, the eyes.... Her eyes. His mind ticked, Where are you.... don't you know what your doing.... foolish.... Fool he took a deep breathe in and exhaled, "It is beautiful out here... Fresh air and all." Derion just didn't let him get to him. Derion's first personality was his at birth, the angel and demon came along at ten. The wings? The wings were always there, he was just hiding them. His kind was very unique and a pure breed of the supernatural is quite amazing.

When she mentioned the waterfall he looked at Catherine and with a small smirk said, "Considering what year this is, the worlds population is beginning to destroy all the supplies, considering that everything is supply and demand and survival of the fittest, things might get bad... Really fast." He shrugged lightly and said, "But don't worry about that.... Your not a weakling.... Right?" His usual smirk was there. Something that seemed knew with this freedom thing. His comedic side was sadly also a big part of the demon... Comedy and evil, who would have guessed?

≥o≤

CadenceDiscordia

Professional Phantom

User Image
          “It is beautiful,” she smiled, taking a deep breath in. The air was crisp, clean, and a slight breeze ruffled the leaves around them. “Well, I guess I’ll get to watch the world go downhill then.” It was kind of a depressing thought, now that she truly considered it. “Do I look like a weakling?” She looked at him, arching an eyebrow. She was truly curious to hear what his thoughts were on that. Eventually Catherine fell silent, walking with him contentedly. This forest brought back lots of memories, most of which were her own, but not all. She let her mind wander as they wandered toward the waterfall, the sound of rushing water growing louder as they drew closer.

Someone… not her… was standing at the edge of a huge lake, looking down into the water. The surface showed a reflection and she realized that the person she was looking at in the reflection of the lake was a man. He looked like he had been beaten up pretty badly, his eye black and swollen, blood flowing heavily from his nose. She could almost smell his blood… Almost, but not quite. This was a memory, but there was no scent memory connected to it. As she saw the man through his eyes, she caught sight of something else reflected in the lake, but noticed what it was far too late.

The man was knocked unconscious by a giant creature of some sort, and Catherine began to wonder where that creature was and if the man had died or not. She didn’t recognize the face as the face of someone she had taken blood from… But maybe she was getting forgetful? That was always a possibility. It was also a possibility that the memories were from one of the bags of blood that Morgan kept stored in the kitchen.

After a little bit more walking they rounded a line of trees, coming directly to the edge of the lake where the waterfall was. Catherine’s mouth hung open in surprise, taking in the sight. There was a good chance Derion would interpret her reaction as simple surprise and awe to a sight as beautiful as this, but the truth was Catherine was a bit flabbergasted and scared.

This was the place in the memory…

Dr Thc

OOC
I hope you don't mind me moving things along a bit faster. I've had a devious idea.

Seeker

User Image
≥º≤

Derion walked with Catherine, as the girl made her way through the woods Derion stood closely behind, he watched the area as he walked, Almost always on guard. Black flowing hair, and backs of pale ears from the sides where the hair parted. This was his distraction. Something he never would grasp onto, or even understand, a girl. The water came up soon as the pair made their way through the woods. The lake was gorgeous and clean, the waterfall throwing water from around a fifty foot drop.

The lake front was mossy, and had some small rock nolls, a cave seemed to be right near the waterfall, and assessable by land. Derion looked to Catherine and saw her facial expression, and smirked lightly, "Never seen water before?' But seconds after he said that, he saw her eyes, a orange arua visible to him at her feet. Fear.... Fear.....Fear.... Almost all at once Derion's body froze. He tried to feel for the area, the waterfall was creating to much disturbance. He stepped close to Catherine and said in a calm voice, "Is... something wrong?"

He looked over at the water, the lake later rippling from the waves of water pouring into the body of water, the fresh smell of water and rock streaming through the air.

≥o≤

CadenceDiscordia

Professional Phantom

User Image
          How was she supposed to explain to him that the only reason she was reacting the way she was, was because she had seen a memory that wasn’t hers? For a moment, she contemplated just telling him everything, including the monster she’d caught a glimpse of before the man had been knocked out. Or killed. There was no way she could know for sure. She shook her head, both to bring her back to reality and to reassure him that nothing was wrong.

“Uh, no, sorry. I just thought I saw something,” she said, indicating a nondescript, ambiguous part of the forest. “I’m not usually jumpy, but I guess I got startled by a shadow…” She shrugged, trying to wrangle in her emotions. She smiled a weak smile and knelt down by the edge of the water, dipping her fingers in. It was cool, but not too cool—the perfect temperature.

“So, you want to walk around?” She asked, standing up and flicking the excess water from her fingers towards him with a small smirk. “It looks like there’s a cave behind that waterfall.” She watched him curiously, wondering how he could have picked up on her fear so quickly and easily. The slack-jawed look from earlier couldn’t have tipped him off… could it?

She wasn’t going to jump to conclusions about this thing she’d seen, either. After all, she’d never heard of it, and usually if a monster goes around killing people, word usually gets around about it. It’s probably not even real. I hope it isn’t real…

Dr Thc

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces