Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seeker

User Image
∆◊ Derion Nicholas Lycian ◊∆
≥º≤

Derion took another bite from his apple, the moisture and crisp taste was satisfying. He couldn't remember the last thing he ate and knew what he was eating. Catherine showed him the blatant magic placed within this home. He was impressed, but knew that their was always a price to magic, a spell like this wasn't cheap. "Interesting stuff...", he said as he picked up the salt shaker making eye contact with her. He placed it over to the side. Derion took another bite of the apple and his eyes roamed again, landing back on hers after wandering for a few seconds.

He rand his hand through his hair, and then after finishing the apple asked, "Anything else about this place i should know?" Derion walked over to the trash, dropping the core. He walked back over fluidly, there was no emotion in his walk. Almost like his body was only a tool to him. He didn't seem like a brute though... Just as if body and mind were completely apart. "Also how do i pay for board here.... I don't have any money... Maybe i could work?" He didn't know what else he could offer... He started to relax. Feeling more and more off guard as he continued to sit here in front of the 8th women he had ever seen, the sweet and tangy taste of the red apple he had just consumed still lingered in his mouth.

≥o≤

CadenceDiscordia

Versatile Hunter

User Image
User Image

ᴏᴏᴄ;; || ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ;; Random area she found. || ᴍᴏᴏᴅ;; Still annoyed.

xxx"Look, you side affect of death. I just got here, so I don't know where you shrine is, but I can help- don't think you're high and mighty just because you are a surprisingly beautiful creature," Amira rolled her eyes and turned away, "and I cannot think of the contingent nature of such a thing as you are, guy." Afterwards, she babbled something incoherently under her breath. She began to cringe, the thought of her actually speaking to a remnant of her imagination just showed her how her brain has partially malfunctioned - to her eyes, of course. What didn't help were the various voices that remained to echo throughout her brain as she stood with her back turned.

Letting out a howl of disgust for herself and the creature behind her, she turns back around, furrowing her brows and crossing her arms against the substantial expanse of her chest, looking over the creature with an appraising gaze. A hiccup came her way and immediately, she rose her hands to her mouth, the hands muffling her words afterwards, "I'll help you find your shrine, if you just don't poke your nose onto anything."

Now, nagging unmercifully, Amira hardens her gaze, "and why don't you make yourself something that I'm complete comfortable looking at? It won't be pleasant finding a shrine with a horse dog cat thing on my a**."

Freestyle Dolphin

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
Location: Random areaCompany: AmiraThoughts: Maybe I should just eat her.Hunger: 493/1000Health: 9998/10000

The beast scowled at her, holding the kind of expression that made one wonder if he was considering sinking his teeth into your flesh. His tail flicked again, thumping against the floor with a rhythmic thud. "You could have said that from the start and saved us both a heap of trouble, you whelp." he growled, much like when he had laughed earlier, demonic animal sounds mixing with his voice. "I am mighty. Far mightier than you. And many other things here. And certainly higher on the racial hierarchy." he scoffed, straightening his posture to look more regal than before. "I am not a thing. How would you like it if I called you a thing? I am a yokai. Address me as such if you don't care to use my name." he scolded, ignoring her mumbling to herself, though his ears did twitch slightly.

He would have left, but she said she would help, so he sat there, flicking his tail irritatedly as she turned around. He did not look pleased, his ears flat against his head, and eyes narrowed in a scathing glare. Her hiccup broke the body language, however, as his ears perked up, his head tilted, and the end of his tail curled slightly. He stood when she said she'd help him find his shrine, looking down at her for a moment, "I only do that to mortals. I like people's faces when they see me." he said matter-of-factly, though reared back slightly at the suggestion of changing his form. "This form is far superior. Small children love me. Look at how fluffy." he argued, offended that he wasn't comfortable to look at as a beast, and waving his tail in front of her face. He was very fluffy. And soft. "It wont be pleasant no matter what if you keep up that attitu- I am not a horse! Or a dog! Or a cat!" he started out teasing and casual, but quickly went to offended again. "I am not any of those boring old animals mortals know! I am a yokai! Yokai!" his ears were flat against his head again, but at least he wasn't showing his fangs or growling.

Moose Fix

Versatile Hunter

User Image
User Image

xxxYokai, yadda yadda. She rolled her eyes and pointed at him, "I'm still going to call you a horse-dog-cat-thing- or should I call you a giant ball of fluff?" Tired of the yokai's narcissism, she puffs out her cheeks and scowls grimly, her voice changing drastically from normal teen girl to the I-can't-wait-to-just-kill-you voice that she uses when she's truly annoyed, raising her voice, "you want to find your damn shrine? Then don't argue, don't protest, don't keep ranting about how you're a 'yokai! Yokai! Yokai!"

Beginning to walk, she motions for them to follow, "just please- for the one time, change into some human form, alright? I'll be more comfortable and less likely call you a horse-dog-cat-thing." And as she kept walking, she placed her thumbs in her pockets and let out an exasperated "pbpbpbp" from her lips.

For an almighty creature, he sure is annoying.

Freestyle Dolphin

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
Location: Random areaCompany: AmiraThoughts: I should kill her after I eatHunger: 494/1000Health: 9999/10000

He frowned thoroughly as she revealed she would continue using the wrong titles, "Giant ball of fluff would be more accurate." he scoffed, his ears going back as her tone changed. He took it as a challenge, and was standing in seconds, eyes wide and fur spiked. Thick, blueish black liquid seeped through the floorboards, pooling around his feet like tar, though that was as far as he got. "You keep calling me things I am not! I don't like it! I am a great demon of the east, yet you've treated me like some silly hallucination or a common animal!" he snarled, bubbles forming in the ink at his paws, popping in a slow, decaying manner much like tar would. He stood where he was for a long time, just staring her down, not with a glare, or a cringe, or scowl, not even bearing his fangs, just looking with wide eyes. The tar stopped bubbling after a short moment, and its consistency thinned out until it was a mere mist and dissipated, followed shortly after by his body language relaxing, his fur no longer standing on end.

"I have half a mind to eat you instead." he growled, yet, despite how unhappy he was, changed his form nonetheless. he flexed his hand in front of his face for a moment, getting a feel for the different body before catching up with her. He was just as prissy as a human, keeping his head held high and his back straight. The only 'unsightly' thing at the moment was the scowl on his face. "If I am such a nuisance to you, why bother promising to find my shrine?" he asked suddenly, and, contradictory to his beast form, he used his mouth and throat to make words.

(( ahh i think i forgot to mention this on my first post, but you can click the pictures for the fullsize versions ))
Moose Fix

Versatile Hunter

User Image
User Image

xxx"Why should I not help you find your shrine even though you annoy me? After this, you won't see me ever again, so just let it happen, okay? Okay," her penetrable voice and inscrutable give little away. "If you were in my position and mind set, you'd understand why I treat you like such a willy thing.." With her rings whirling around on her fingers aimlessly, Amira fixes her hair, pulling out the ponytail.

And although I really don't want to help them, why am I forcing myself to?

Soon, the voices came back again, using even more hurtful words. Not a simple "stupid" or "idiot" - more like "haughty", "weak-willed."

Quickly, with a turn of the heel, Amira stops in her tracks with her hands now on her hips, "go on and eat me after this- but I must warn you. I'm bitter." Surprised of how good looking this form of his was, she wrings her hands awkwardly and stares at the ground. "What does your shrine look like? I need details."

Freestyle Dolphin

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
Location: Random areaCompany: AmiraThoughts: I wonder if the offerings have changed since I was last awake...Hunger: 495/1000Health: 10000/10000

"Because I annoy you?" he suggested, inspecting his nails. Well, claws, really. "Or, you expect me to owe you after this. I wont, by the way. You are doing this out of the goodness in your heart, and expect nothing in return. Those are the terms of this little 'deal' we have." he said, pursing his lips. "I hope your avoidance skills are decent, then, as I assume you live in this manor. As do I. It will be interesting to avoid seeing each other when we live in the same place." he said, glancing at said manor. "Not that I am against the idea of never laying eyes upon you again, of course~" he smiled, one of the most cheerful smiles he'd shown yet. It would have been endearing had it not been paired with harsh words. "I'm not a mind reader. I can't just tell why you do the things you do. I'm certain I'd still be upset even if I did know the reasoning behind your behaviour." he said, crossing his arms.

He reared back from following her when she suddenly whirled around, giving her a questioning look. "Is that some kind of joke about your personality?" he tilted his head, twirling a strand of his hair around her figure and looking to the side, "Admittedly, I was considering eating you after my shrine was found- a punishment for your disrespect- but I don't think I'm so interested in tainted meat." he said, fixing his attention back onto the other. "Hm? It's modelled after my home country, so it's not going to look like anything western. Well maintained, the wood was painted red, and the roof was grey. And it had two stone lanterns in front of it. I don't know if its been left unattended, so the paint might be chipping..." he said, a hint of sadness towards the end. "Its small, too. Nothing anyone could live in, or I wouldn't be here. It was only big enough to leave offerings." he mused, tilting his head, trying to remember other details, "The sides didn't have full walls- only half walls. The back wall was fine, though..." he hummed, scratching his cheek, "Ah, it was in front of a very big tree. It was away from the main path, but someone set some stones as a guide to it." he said, giving a small nod, seeing this as suitable information.

Moose Fix

Versatile Hunter

User Image
User Image

xxx"I don't expect anything in return. Never did," she stifles a yawn of boredom and grabs his arm. "I won't be living here for long. I'm simply visiting for a week or two- now since I've got the details for your little shrine. I'll draw a picture of it, present it to you, and if it's accurate, we'll begin looking. It won't take long."

Walking to a wall, Amira leans her back against it and pulls out her notepad, scribbling with quick motions and visualizing the shrine- minus the particular colors. And as a short two minutes went by, she finished, tapping the notepad against the heel of her palm. Twirling the pen between her fingers, she narrows her eyes at the page and looks up after ten seconds, holding the doodle in front of her. "It's not great since it's a simple sketch, but I'm sure I'm caught the gist of it.. or is it too pathetic for the likes of you?"

Freestyle Dolphin

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
Location: Random areaCompany: AmiraThoughts: I wonder what the latest jewellery looks like.Hunger: 496/1000Health: 10000/10000

"Good." he said simply, cringing when she grabbed his arm and twisting his limb out of her grasp so intensely it looked like the movement had hurt. This time, however, he said nothing- just carried on as usual. "Oh? Suit yourself. I'll be rid of your scent sooner instead of later, in that case." he said, a cold laugh following. He paused at her odd method of finding his shrine, sighing as he nodded. He didn't see the point of drawing a picture, but if she said it wouldn't take long, there was nothing to be done about it. As she leaned against the wall to sketch, he cycled from running his fingers to his hair, to suspending himself in the air with a bluish black rubber, using it like a hammock. When she held the drawing up, he sat up, leaning forward to observe it.

"It's close enough. Only the roof is off, but it doesn't matter, since I seriously doubt there will be a shrine that is identical enough to cause confusion." he said, the rubber evaporating in one fluid motion as he fell to his feet, "Now, we find it, yes? I'm hungry. And they leave me food, among other things." he said, crossing his arms and tapping his foot impatiently, "You can even have the scraps I don't want." he said, clearly seeing himself as quite generous to share his tributes with someone he disliked.

Moose Fix

Professional Phantom

User Image
          As he walked away to throw his apple core in the trash, Catherine watched him curiously. There was something different about the way he walked… She couldn’t quite place what it was, but he seemed to walk differently than most of the guests she had met. Perhaps is was the way he held himself, or… She wasn’t entirely sure, but his movements were surprisingly fluid. Not even Catherine walked that fluidly.

“Um…” She stopped to think, wondering what else he needed to know.

“This manor has been in the DePartee family since it was built over 500 years ago. It was built for the express purpose of housing vampires, but as time went on and more and more species, both human and otherwise, stumbled across the place, the manor became a place for people and creatures alike to stay if they needed a place to stay.” She paused, wondering if she was boring him yet. “Basically, the manor chooses who it lets in and choses when you can leave. Obviously, members of the DePartee family are exceptions to that rule, but everyone else can only leave when the manor deems it appropriate.”

At his next question she couldn’t help but laugh. “You don’t have to pay anything. The manor is here for anyone that manages to find it… for free. If you want to help out by working, you’re certainly welcome to, but it isn’t required.” She smiled, surprised to find that he seemed willing to do a job to stick around. So many who came to stay seemed entitled to a room. “What kind of job would you be interested in doing here?”

Rollatoke

Versatile Hunter

User Image
User Image

xxx"Nowadays, there are replicas of nearly everything," she stuck the pen in her pocket and tapped her finger against her bottom lip. "What exactly do you eat? Dead animals? Rice crackers? Anyways, if there was food left at your shrine, chances are an animal has already gotten to it or they're already rotten."

He's terrible at being generous.

Trudging towards another door, Amira slowly pushes it open and peeks her head through the doorway. "Any certain location or locations your little shrine could be? I mean- it'll take longer if you don't have anything in mind."

Freestyle Dolphin

Lucilium's King

Devout Reveler

User Image
Location: Following AmiraCompany: AmiraThoughts: Maybe it was east and it was the sunrise? Maybe not... Hmmmm...Hunger: 497/1000Health: 10000/10000

The yokai's eyes widened in shock, "There would be fake shrines?" he was so offended. "I'll destroy them. Only my shrine may stand here- I am the local guardian- not some phony." he declared, his expression and aura shifting for a moment. Wherever his head went, it wasn't good, and he was quick to jump onto the subject of his diet instead. "I eat the souls of the damned." he let that hang in the air for a minute, "I eat anything. Usually mortals would leave me bits of their harvest, or some of their game." he said, considering what she'd said for a minute, "It wouldn't be the first time I've ignored offerings. It will go to something, eventually. Either to the earth or to wildlife. The point is, when the shrine is empty, people fill it up again. There will always be something worthwhile there. It is the unspoken contract we have made. Tributes, in return for the protection of their livelihood." he explained, hanging behind her at the door, smelling the air to see what he could pick up.

"I found it by smell before. But now I can't smell anything. Its all changed. There's not one familiar smell." he said, but kept sniffing on the off chance he'd pick up something- anything. "It was in the woods. The stone path could be overgrown by now, so taking the path isn't advisable... Flying is too much trouble..." he began mumbling to himself, "It was... Towards the west. I remember going there once, and having the setting sun in my eyes." he mentioned after a bit, not seeming 100% sure.

Moose Fix

Versatile Hunter

User Image
User Image

ᴏᴏᴄ;; extremely sorry for how short this post is. || ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ;; Random area she found. || ᴍᴏᴏᴅ;; Still annoyed.

xxx"Humans change over time- from overly spiritual to total skeptics, so who knows- those people could've just let it go since you were gone for so long," inhaling deeply and taking out a small pouch filled with medication, she takes out two tablets and pops them into her mouth, the voices echoing in her head simmering down.

"Alright, so we go towards west. There could possibly still be a small path we can follow; I don't mind getting whacked with plants as I venture off into the woods," she cleared her throat and rubbed her forehead.

Freestyle Dolphin

Professional Phantom

Morgan Beltram

User Image
          After an unfathomably long silence, Morgan pulled the bag of blood back toward her. Guess he isn't much of a talker now. She turned and walked away, heading for the door of the kitchen. She eyed Catherine carefully for a moment, curious as to who she had found to talk to. "Sorry to interrupt, but," Morgan placed a bag of blood in front of Catherine. "You should really eat something. It's been way too long." Morgan nodded a hello to the male sitting across from her, before leaving the kitchen entirely and heading for the library.

Once there, she grabbed a book and curled up in a large, overstuffed chair. It seemed like as good a time as any to get some reading done. The library lights responded accordingly as she opened the book, the room growing significantly brighter to accommodate her reading. Sometimes she still couldn't believe that this manor existed... and that it was steeped in magic all the way down to its foundation and basement. I wonder who enchanted the manor so long ago...

Seeker

User Image
∆◊ Derion Nicholas Lycian ◊∆
≥º≤

Derion looked up at her and he smirked, "I have many capabilities, i am also a good at solving.... issues." His red eye seemed to glisten for a second as he said that. He couldn't control himself.... sometimes literally. He was interested in the fact that he was correct about this place. He also wondered if maybe this place was left unscaved in the future, considering it was..... Wait.... where am I? he thought, still having not the slightest clue...

This girl was opening up to him quite well, but Derion was good at that. He was blessed with a human body, unlike most of his breather in, half breeds of demons and angels usually look like something unimaginable. He was sparked the problem because he was the first natural born demon angel. Hense his position in the black clan. He could smell the fresh air outside slowly making small cool breezes leak in through the extremely small crack under the door.

Derion looked at Catherine and continued, "I will always be free now, as i just happened to leave my past behind me.... yesterday. As to. Possibly start a new. Be something... Try to be something i am not. Its hard to control you know... your mind. Distractions laid upon the earth as almost like a poison. I just want......" He didn't know. He didn't know what he wanted. He never had to think about it, "To live free." It would have to show. Uncertainty wasn't needed.

≥o≤

CadenceDiscordia

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas