Fashionable Millionaire

8,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack Swansea

RPD-Officer

Jack cleared his voice and looked down for a second. "Ok then, lets see if there is a clean one" Jack grabbed the pants from Alice and looked at Catherine, realizing he did not know her name. "where did you find this? maybe there's more??" Jack looked at her a bit pleading so he would not have to hear Alice being sad the whole trip until she forgot it.

Jack's clothes

User Image

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Hank Norley

User Image

Hank noted the Major and Zeke covering him. Three guns on this new guy and he'd had the audacity to imply he was capable of killing someone. Once they were both inside he shut the door firmly. "Kyle, Vale, Charmed. Just charmed. My name's Hank." He said dryly. "You'll have to excuse my less than hospitable mood. There are a some survivors out there who'd love to kill others for their supplies. Can't take any risks." He took a few steps away from the man and to his side, staying out of his reach, he kept his gun trained on him. He wouldn't be fighting the guy that's for sure, if he even saw that shotgun move in anyone's direction he'd simply drop them both. Infected or not, the girl didn't look too healthy. His instincts wanted to help them, but he couldn't take the risk quite yet."That being said I need you to do two things for me. I need you to drop your weapons and have a seat on that couch over there. Tell me your stories including what the ******** you want from us and if I'm convinced you're not a threat you can pick your weapons back up. And for the love of God, don't think you're going to pull anything, you might as well drop your weapons because you're not getting a chance to use them. The three of us will light you up before you get anything close to a sight picture on anyone of us. Everyone of us has body counts, everyone of us has been to war before any of this started."

7,850 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Alice
"I want them to stop screaming ...

Jack was trying his best, and Alice could tell it. Maybe he wasn't going to be successful, but he was trying and that was enough for her. She felt cared again. It was really him. She wasn't wrong this time. She even smiled, waiting patiently for him to come back with her and find more clothes for her.

... Mom, Dad, are you ever coming back again?"

Distinct Consumer

4,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
••••Valentina Riggs••••
User Image

L O C A T I O N: Sugar Mountain
M O O D: Careful
W E A P O N S : A Hand Gun, Colt M1911
C O M P A N Y: Kyle, other Survivors

Valentina frowned lightly at Hank and nodded slowly. "Is understandable, I guess.." she told him softly and lowered her gun down and placed it on the floor. At least the man was giving them a chance to explain themselves, which was fair enough. She herself felt uneasy not knowing if they were the ones killing for supplies, even thought they didn't look like they did, plus she was English, she wasn't really that familiar with American's mood. Valentina walked awkwardly to the couch and sat there quietly wondering how the hell she was supposed to explain herself or tell a story and not sound completely stupid without mentioning the fact that she had been completely clumsy all this time trying to survive. She wondered if they even saw that goddamn fire she put idiotically yesterday. "Actually, I myself don't really have a great background story.." she said helplessly sounding awkwardly English. "I did, in fact, got pretty much robbed by dangerous survivors but they long gone now. I came all the way here alone by myself, I only met Kyle a day ago." Vale explained sighing. "Look, I'm not even sure why we came looking for you guys, but personally I don't feel like being alone grouped by walkers, really. I think it would be rather great if you let us join the crew.." Valentina murmured frowning at herself and looked at Hank. "I'm not sure if that sounds convincing for you."

••••••••

Fuzzy Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

Dallas Lee Tucker

At the knock on the doorway he looked up, expecting Paulo and finding Maya. Totally unexpected and strange. Had she followed him up here to continue the argument he had walked away from? Apparently so as she started in about the girl, Catherine, and he did go to retaliate before she held up a hand to stop him. Huffing faintly he frowned, waiting until she'd said her piece before he even began to formulate a response.

Well, she wasn't wanting to fight, she was just talking. Shrugging faintly as she came more into the room. "I don't trust easy." He said, instead of arguing about what she'd said. Maybe she didn't think that, but other members did, or might. So he'd just stick to not arguing and trying to make a point with her. Seeing as she had her brothers ear it might be easier. Talking to Hank at this point would simply make him want to beat his face in. "I don't get along neither."

It was never to early to take a person at their first impression. It was when a person was being most honest. Dallas had not tried to hide how confrontational he was, how hot-tempered. But whatever his faults he didn't deserve to be treated like he was ignorant. Hank's describing him as 'acting superior' was what really hit him hardest. He was not. Had never acted that way. He was just a man, a kid, trying to survive. Not trusting people because people had a tendency to hurt others.

"Oh yeah....lots of respect." Dallas said with a roll of his eyes. "No offense but your brother doesn't like nor trust me. And so far I ain't found anythin' I wanna trust neither." He frowned, watching her, but he wasn't angry anymore. There was a little line between his eyebrows as he thought, honestly thinking over what she was saying. "I know I ain't great with people. I never have been. Never hadta be. People was always out to get as much as they could from us. And yeah, I s'pose that's colored my judgement a lot."

"S'why I stay away. I dunno howta deal with people. Paul-o's better at it than me. Nothin' I ever say comes out right, and people take offense t'me bein' around. I didn' even say nothin' to the Major first off, he's the one who glared at us." His gaze leveled on her, calm, resting his hands between his knees. "I ain't gonna be pushed around. Not by him, or Jack, our your brother. Half the time I ain't lookin' t'fight. I just...I ain't gonna stand there and let 'em start nothin' and not say anythin'."

Supplies: Duffel bag with: A warm jacket, cigarettes, duct tape, a first aid kit, and a multi-tool. Borrowed duffel with: Three soup cans, flashlight, batteries, cast iron fry pan and pot, large bag of rice.
Weapons: One short-handled shovel, a .45 pistol with half a clip, and a bolt-action rifle with rounds.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Maya Norley

Maya was relieved, and heartened, when Dallas didn't get angry. He instead stopped and seemed to really listen and think about what she was saying, which sparked her anger at Hank a little more. They just had to give Dallas a chance, and it would be clear the guy wasn't the jerk the rest of the group seemed to think he was. She held her tongue, paying him the same respect by listening to his words before beginning to form her own reply. Maya's gaze was as calm as his. "I can't say I blame you for not trusting us. Or trusting easy in general. Our meeting wasn't exactly the smoothest." She didn't comment on his not getting along, since that much was obvious. She didn't entirely blame him either though. Dallas was quick to get his defenses up but he really didn't seem to want to pick a fight. Maya believed him when he said it was because he didn't know how to. "No offense taken, either. I know what Hank can be like, which is incredibly thick headed sometimes." She sighed. "He does mean well, and he does have respect for you. I don't think you should just take crap either. But you're quick to get your defenses up. I believe you, Dallas. There are ways to remedy this though. You give us another chance, and I'll convince the others to give you one. Well, the ones that need it. You've got the women's vote, at least." She gave the man a wry smile then paused, his words about the Major registering. "I don't really know what happened between you two, but it wasn't anything you did. He was at a low point and he took it out on you." She looked at Dallas intently. "You say you haven't found anything you want to trust. Well, you can trust me, and I'll prove it to you. I'm sure you'd love to pack up and leave, but you know that both you and Paulo have a better chance with a group. Give yourself and us a chance to prove the first impressions wrong. I know for a fact that you're not a stupid, hot-headed hill-billy looking for a fight because you sat there and really listened to my words instead of going off on me. I'm sure we can get the others to see that too." Her gaze was level. Maya really hoped her words would get through to Dallas. Every member of their group was incredibly valuable. There was no telling how much of humanity was left in the world, and the woman didn't want to lose a single one. Not to mention she was convinced Dallas was a good person, and he had skills. There needed to be trust in the group, and it would be better for everyone if they could all get along.

Company: Dallas
Mood: Wary, hopeful

Raigerr's Bae

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

x
x

User Image

User Image

WARDROBE: [ x ]
                          INVENTORY: Half-used first-aid kit, Smith & Wesson M&P9L, Machete, Benelli M2 Tactical shotgun

VITALS: Healthy

User Image

Dallas seemed to not be in too good of a mood for whatever reason, as he just stood there in silence and ate for a while. Just as Paulo was about to speak up to him again, Hank came over and put his hand firmly on both of their shoulders. At first Paulo looked up at him with wide eyes, wanting to listen to him for some sort of guidance. But when he saw the very stern, irritated look on Hank's face his own face showed signs of sadness as his gaze fell quickly to the floor. He looked at their feet -- the three sets of shoes that rested on the dirty kitchen tile. It wasn't until Hank's feet disappeared from his view that Paulo finally looked back up. He looked up at Dallas, his eyes a little teary as he tried to smile weakly at him, but he couldn't do it. His lips formed back into a frown, looking over at Maya as she came up to talk to them.

The young man was appreciative that she was trying to do a bit of damage control for her brother, but his little moment of uplift came crashing back down as Dallas stormed angrily out of the room and out of sight. When Maya apologized for Dallas leaving, Paulo forced a very small smile again, contrasting with his still slightly teared-up eyes.

"Thanks for tr--"

That was all he managed to force out before Maya, too, turned and left him in the kitchen, chasing after Dallas. Paulo watched the girl as she headed into the other room and up the stairs, his eyes falling slowly down to his hands. He held his fingers together, running them through each other over and over slowly as he just stood there awkwardly.

His heart was racing. He closed his eyes as he leaned back against the counter, still looking down. Everything was moving around him so fast. Dallas being angry, Hank pissed off at them and calling them out for something ludicrous, Maya trying to console them, Catherine being so warm and friendly, the Major being friendly, Hank and the others greeting new people at the door with force and violence... and for whatever reason, Paulo was caught right in the epicenter of all the s**t. For whatever reason, some of the group had beef with them. And since he and Dallas were now apparently a single item, he was roped into all the s**t, too. It was a lot for the young man to bear, and he wanted so badly to just give up. To lay down and curl up in a ball and give up.

But he didn't. He looked up and opened his eyes, looking over at the doorway that Hank, the Major, and Zeke were at and the two new people. They looked sickly and a bit off, but not harmful. Hank and the other men were being their typical macho selves. Paulo, still extremely distraught and upset, turned back to look at the bowls of food that Catherine had so nicely prepared for them the night before. He wanted to throw them across the room, to smash them -- smash anything. But he didn't, and only because he knew Catherine had saved them for the boys. So instead he just turned away from them and went over to the table, pulling out a chair and setting down in it.

Paulo sat there for just a moment before finally giving up, resting his elbows on the table as he buried his face in his palm and let the tears fall down his cheeks. He did not make any noise, though; no violent sobbing. It was a quiet sort of upset. He was just letting off steam the only way he knew how. The man was nothing more than a teddy bear tossed into a cruel world. He did not have the strength or will-power that Dallas had. Or Hank, or even the Major had. He was emotionally weak, and this was the only way he could comfort himself. And he would stay like that for a few moments. Until the group was ready to leave, or until Dallas came back down.

x

Fuzzy Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
User Image

Dallas Lee Tucker

Dallas did listen, hands rubbing together idly as he did so. At least she was actually talking to him like he wasn't a simpleton who needed orders to function. And she seemed to understand his situation. It helped, a great deal. Nodding he brought both hands up to rub at his face. "I can't help it. I'm usedta havin' to defend myself." It didn't particularly help that he felt attacked here. This was like a wolf pack, and they were all snapping at each other to confirm their roles. It did not help his natural aggressiveness.

"Thats jes' it, I didn't do nothin' to him. He was glarin' at us! What was he expectin'? A ray of freakin' sunshine?" The irritation had come back in his voice, but he just sighed, sounding more tired than a boy his age should. Waving a hand slightly as if to distract from that. "Its fine, 'm used ta people bein' angry at me, givin' me s**t. Same s**t, different day y'know?" Looking up the same little frown was on his face, his eyes scanning her face as if trying to figure her out.

Shrugging he looked away, as if he really didn't want to admit what he was about to. "I...Hell. I get nervous when'm in a group. Tendta be a little....on edge anyways. Don't help none if'n I got people jumpin' don my throat." And there, that was half the truth of it really. It was a little much to be thrust into a group this size and be expected to mesh with them immediately. Shifting he got up then, that was about as much as he could take in one sitting. But he would certainly try this, if she was willing to try. "I ain't promisin' nothin' but....I'll try. I gotta get back down t'Paulo..." And thus a swift exit was made.

Getting back downstairs he avoided the mess with Hank and the newcomers, and went back into the kitchen. What he saw startled him, and he slowly came up to the table. A gentle hand rested on Paulo's shoulder, concerned eyes noticing that he as crying. Ah, crap. Sighing he put an arm around his shoulders, pulling him in close. "Paulo...its alright....'m sorry." If this was somehow his fault he'd be totally upset about it. The last person he needed upset at him was Paulo.

Supplies: Duffel bag with: A warm jacket, cigarettes, duct tape, a first aid kit, and a multi-tool. Borrowed duffel with: Three soup cans, flashlight, batteries, cast iron fry pan and pot, large bag of rice.
Weapons: One short-handled shovel, a .45 pistol with half a clip, and a bolt-action rifle with rounds.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Maya Norley

Maya nodded at Dallas' words, understanding. When he got up and left, she sat there, a slight smile on her face. He was willing to try, and that was all the others needed to know. Maya would definitely defend Dallas, Paulo too, if any of them started picking on either of them. After a moment, she got up and headed downstairs, leaving Paulo and Dallas to their privacy. She joined the others in the entrance room. A slightly sick looking British woman and an imposing black man. She stood next to Zeke, her hand straying to her own gun. Her eyes flicked over the others in the room. There was Hank, and the Major. Maya didn't say anything, just watched.

Company: Zeke, the Major, Hank, Valentina, Kyle
Mood: Cheered, wary

Beloved Sex Symbol

User Image
User Image

Supplies: Her van, a good amount of food and water, hygiene, two first aid kits, pain killers, kitchen knives, her clothes, a pistol, her pocket book and a phone.
Company: The group
Mood: Content.

Catherine had apparently made it back to the kitchen in time to realize hell had broken lose. Apparently Dallas had been rude to her, though in her opinion she didn't see how he was rude to her really. She kind of understood that him and Paulo were really close and that she already knew that there were a few problems with the group. Catherine was about to speak up when a it was just Jack, Paulo, Alice and her self in the kitchen now. Catherine listened to Jack and the little girl have a quick talk and as they did she noticed Paulo go and put his head down. The way he did it made her frown a little.

"I'm Catherine, and yeah there's a girls room up there that still has some clothes in the dresser I saw a few dresses in there if you want to check them out. You can put them in this back pack for her so she had some for latter." Catherine said handing him the second back pack she had found. "Also if you want you can bring her old dress and I can clean it up for her as best I can when we find a better place to settle down." she said.

Catherine got distracted a little when she saw Dallas come back into the room she looked at Jack. "If you need me I'll be right back." Catherine said sweetly before turning and walking to the table next to the two boy. "Hey Dallas you know when people start to piss me off I just pretend they aren't there right then. You know someone can't piss you off if they're not there right?" she said softly with a smile.

"Just so you know, I didn't think you were being rude. You just seemed unsure to me that's all." Catherine said softly. "So don't take what Hank said to heart to much. Just try your best to get along. I'm sure if you two just ask me and I'm pretty sure Maya will gladly help. If you can't handle the group feel free to ask me to get you guys your food. I would have brought it up last night but I didn't want to bother you guys you know?" Catherine said with a smile. "I hope you guy warm up a little bit even if it takes some time." Catherine said hoping that the to two guys would cheer up a little bit. Catherine gave them a smile and looked over her shoulder a bit to see if Jack and the little girl needed her or not.

They told us not to fight, but well fight we die because we are not frightened anymore, we stood up.
So they sunk, every ship we sailed and they fought hard,but somewhere fighting failed they're all shook up.
When steel and concrete break beneath the steadly waves of fearless, hope and grace in kindness, there is strength.
And there are two of us there will be many more, they'll show up, yeah they'll show up. We are not frightened anymore.

Raigerr's Bae

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

x
x

User Image

User Image

WARDROBE: [ x ]
                          INVENTORY: Half-used first-aid kit, Smith & Wesson M&P9L, Machete, Benelli M2 Tactical shotgun

VITALS: Healthy

User Image

It was only minutes before Paulo felt someone back at his side. As he felt the grip lightly on his shoulder, he could tell instantly who it was. Paulo smiled lightly behind his hands, quickly wiping the tears from his eyes before Dallas pulled his shoulders in to him and apologized. Paulo smiled even wider, continuing to wipe at his eyes for a few moments.

"It's not you, Dal. Don't worry... I just... get upset. And I didn't know where you were or if you were pissed or upset or what. I hate seeing you mad, you know? And Hank is pissed at me and I don't know why, and... I dunno, Dal. It's a lot to handle, I guess. I'm not as strong as you."

Paulo turned around in his chair to look Dallas in the eyes. They were puffy from the tears and his cheeks were a bit stained, but he still had a smile on his face. The man then reached up and pulled Dallas down to him, embracing him in an awkward sort of hug.

"Just glad you're not throwing s**t or whatever."

Paulo gave the man a little squeeze to show he was playing around before letting him go and standing up, just in time for Catherine to come over to them. Paulo looked at her with a light smile as she tried to give Dallas advice. Naturally, Paulo figured the advice would have little impact on Dallas' attitude, but it was an appreciated offer nonetheless. Then she started to speak about how she didn't think Dallas had been rude at all, and how she would be there if they needed someone to talk to if the group was bothering them. Paulo smiled wider at the offers and how warm and friendly Catherine was being. This was the first time that Paulo was really getting to meet and talk with the girl, and he couldn't see at all why anyone would get upset with her. It made him feel bad that people actually thought he and Dallas were mad at her for whatever unknown reason they'd come up with.

"Thank you... Catherine. It means a lot."

x

Fashionable Millionaire

8,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack Swansea

RPD-Officer

Jack nodded and looked back at Alice. "Come on, lets find you something then" He led Alice to the room where it would look like a girl had lived and looked at Alice. "Go on,you're a big girl, choose a dress hunny" Jack sat down on a chair next to the door and waited to see what the girl would bring.

Jack's clothes

User Image

7,850 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Citizen 200
User Image
Alice
"I want them to stop screaming ...

Alice smiled and excitedly rushed to the wardrobe. Her eyes shining at every piece of clothes, looking for THE special set. Eventually she was back to him with a white and red dress, tied on the waist by a white lace. White long boots following. Looking closer, the set showed to be a red riding hood costume. "I want ... this." She said, emphasizing every word.

... Mom, Dad, are you ever coming back again?"

Chatty Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Inquisitor 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~~ Kyle Jackman ~~
[:]Kyle set his gun down and sat down on the couch, still looking Hank dead in the eyes. He was trying to figure out if this man was on something, or actually just talked that much. And talked that much about how awesome he and his group was. When Vale was finished speaking, Kyle spoke up you people all talk too much... he said I'm the mutha ******** that pulled the horde away from you the other day. he said. He relaxed slightly, he could tell Hank wasn't about to just shoot him right there. The man was smart enough to know a threat when he saw one... Besides, what kind of thug knocks on your door, and then surrenders? I ain't got a story. Daddy died in the war. Momma died from the zombies. Friends died from the zombies. I didn't die from the zombies. Pretty much the only person in my life ain't dead is me. And I didn't actually watch 'em kill my brother, but he been gone for a while. You gonna shoot me then hurry up, otherwise either kick us out and keep moving, or grab us and go. You really wanna stick around much longer? he said. He also noted that a gunshot now would result in the horde coming back, something an intelligent group would not want. There was almost no way Hank was really about to shoot them, kick them out, sure, but shooting them? He'd have to be brain dead.[:]

Invisible Gekko

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User ImageUser Image
Shannon kept to herself at the top of the stairs. Watching as Hank ushered in the new comers towards the sofa. The older man could be heard from the kitchen area. He seamed to always be on edge, now probably wasn't a good time introduce herself to him. Her stomach grumbled so she headed down the stairs, nodding in the direction of the new comers. Entering the kitchen she saw Dallas and Paulo, she gave them a bright smile. Picking up a plate of food she took a bite. "Hey uumm...Dallas is it? I just wanted to say thank you for what you did." Looking towards the floor, a little uncomfortable now. "I would most likely be one of those walkers if it wasn't for your help."
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces