Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Gekko

The world was struggling to get by, struggling to keep spinning. Wars were being waged in land, sea and air, none of the races looked to be ready to give in, absolute destruction was growing more and more inevitable as each opposing nation cocked their guns and was itching to pull the proverbial triggers.
User Image

╞╬╡╞╪════════════════════════════════════════════════════╪╡╞╬╡
No hope left . . . Nowhere to run

User Image

The land would have been purged by nuclear fire and searing lead if it weren't for the November Incident.

User Image

All we can do is fight until we die

User Image

On November 13th, 2003, the world was changed forever. An outside force, a magical and altogether alien power began to consume... everything in sight. Man, woman, child, the Darkness overshadowed it all, turning anything it touched to ash and hatred, using mankinds own darkness, its own envy, cruelty and greed against himself and killing or turning half the population of the planet in less than a month. The warring nations ceased their squabbles, old rivalries became benign and dull compared the the lurking threat of total annihilation, even the elves and werewolves worked together to rid the world of the plague quickly taking over as the dominant power... On the November Incident, everyone in the world could sense the balance of power shift, all those in the surrounding areas when the meteor hit were either killed or blinded, others were left to succumb to the sheer might of the infection. It has been over ten years since that day happened, ten years of heartache, fright and scars, of children and loved ones dying and of decent men becoming nothing but monsters. But one thing itched at the back of every sentient creatures mind, a question that was as old as time itself: Why? Why had something so terrible have to happen, why did so many people have to die in order for all life to work together? Why did the Gods see fit to put this plague on the earth in the first place and not simply let the races snuff each other out? People have tried and continue to try and find answers to these question, but even should they reach the Temple atop mount Olympus, the world may still never know the reasons for such... chaos.

Info Thread

OOC Thread

Familiar Gekko

User Image

Rules

Rules of the Thread
Generical-first-few-rules, don't disobey ToS, Don't be an a**, don't cyber in the thread, that's what we have the PM's for.
----
Please try and obey the "roleplaying etiquette", if you don't know what that is, you haven't been rping long enough to be welcome in this rp. Gaia hasn't had a whole bunch of new people, its all the same oldfags that rp so I don't wanna see any autohitting or one word posts, I don't wanna see nudity or descriptive sex scenes, don't wanna hear about how someone's guts spilled out or how they want to do nasty things.
----
You can be more or less whatever kind of creature you want to be, but come on, be realistic and original to a degree. Don't be a mary-sue and be an all-powerful, godmodeing wizard, don't have some kinda magical, end-all anchor skill that lets you win every time, part of the fun of rping is losing a fight every now and again and letting the villain get the upper hand.
----
Send me your profile using the skeleton in the post below, include in the Subject field: "Into the Darkness"
----
Be nice to people and don't be racist, bigoted or whatever! Only I get to do that.

User Image

Familiar Gekko

User Image

Skeleton

[align=right][u][color=postcolor][i]Gaia Name[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Gaian name[/align]
[align=center]
[u][color=postcolor][i]Subject Name[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Name of Character
[u][color=postcolor][i]Subject Age[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Age here
[u][color=postcolor][i]Subject Race[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Sex and race here
[u][color=postcolor][i]Mugshot[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Image here. (If it's too big, please use a link)
[u][color=postcolor][i]Character Biography[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Bio here
[u][color=postcolor][i]Subject Abilities[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
[size=14]•[/size] For those that are inhuman, these are for your abilities. For humans, these are for any talents or slight magical abilities you may posses, or you can just cut this part of the profile out. Your choice.
[size=14]•[/size]
[u][color=postcolor][i]Weapons[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Weapon here, no more then two, and you don't have to have one.
[u][color=postcolor][i]Personality Traits[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Personality
[u][color=postcolor][i]Subject Likes[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
[size=14]•[/size] Likes; as many as you want (Optional but appreciated)
[size=14]•[/size]
[size=14]•[/size]
[u][color=postcolor][i]Subject Dislikes[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
[size=14]•[/size] Dislikes; as many as you want (Optional but appreciated)
[size=14]•[/size]
[size=14]•[/size]
[u][color=postcolor][i]Additional Information[/i][/color][b][/b][/u]
Additional info goes here.
[/align]

It should look something like this when you're done:

Gaia Name
Gaian name

Subject Name
Name of Character
Subject Age
Age here
Subject Race
Sex and race here
Mugshot
Image here. (If it's too big, please use a link)
Character Biography
Bio here
Subject Abilities
For those that are inhuman, these are for your abilities. For humans, these are for any talents or slight magical abilities you may posses, or you can just cut this part of the profile out. Your choice.

Weapons
Weapon here, no more then two, and you don't have to have one.
Personality Traits
Personality
Subject Likes
Likes; as many as you want (Optional but appreciated)

Subject Dislikes
Dislikes; as many as you want (Optional but appreciated)

Additional Information
Additional info goes here.

You can also feel free to use your own Skeleton if you think it looks better than this.

User Image

Familiar Gekko

User Image

Characters

Gaia Name
Satira

Subject Name
Kalira
Subject Age
Subject Race
Female Werecat
Mugshot
pic
Subject Biography
She trained with her mentor that was infected by the shadows and became a wraith. Trying to save her mentor she attacked the shadow till it disappeared, but in the process lost her claws and friend. She then began training to fight with other weapons, vowing to rid the world of all shadows.
Weapons
She uses magic to enlarge and sharpen a ring she wears and fights with a bladed hoop
Personality
She grew to be like her mentor, flirty and sarcastic, but still has her guard up and doesn't let many people get close to her
Subject Preferences
Being a cat and riding on other peoples shoulders
Singing, but never in public
Subject Dislikes
Bugs
The Shadows
Being Cold

Gaia Name
ShapeShifter-Rave

Subject Name
Joquline Eververth
Subject Age
Sixty-five
Subject Race
Female, half elivish
Mugshot
Jo Eververth
Character Biography
Jo's father was a Sanmer high elf who had a brief affair with her Mage of a mother. The only time she got curious about her father, she used one of her mother's artifacts to find him, but after a few minutes of watching what appeared to be a battle, lost all interest. She's always been comfortable with her origins, and trained hard underneath her mother to master her powers, and underneath her uncle, who was a master at martial arts, to improve her physical strength. Before November, she was a rogue Mage that did jobs for a certain price, be it bringing down a group of bandits or slaughtering a havoc-wreaking monster.
Nowadays, she tends to avoid confrontations with large groups of Shades, but isn't against fighting them outright when she comes across them. She sticks close to towns or tries to travel with large parties when she wishes to move from place to place, and manages to eek out a living on the Shades she brings down.
Subject Abilities
Pre-Shade take over, she was a very strong Mage. Her main abilities lay in fire-based magic and minor illusions. Now however, she can only cast such magic if she's reserved a lot of magic, or during battle, while she's absorbing Shades.
She received Grimore abilities on the day that she lovingly refers to as 'When-th-s**t-hit-the-fan.' She hates being blind, but has spent the last ten years attuning her other senses so well that she hardly notices anymore.
Weapons
A long bow-staff that can be used with her magic. It has also been enchanted to hold any excess shade energy she has after a fight.
Personality Traits
Sarcastic, good-humored, adapts easily, remains calm under fire. She usually doesn't express all that much interest in other people, unless they're non-human. Non-humans intrigue her to no end. She talks tough, but is pretty shy, and a little uncomfortable with meeting new people.
Subject Likes
Meats, cheeses, breads . . . food in general.
Cats.
Used to love books; now she loves plays.
Subject Dislikes
Being hungry.
Being tired.
Being annoyed.
Additional Information
She tends to smack people that irritate her.

Gaia Name
Epcilon

Subject Name
Tanner Frey
Subject Age
Subject Race
Male Dire Wolf
Mugshot
Mugshot 1
Mugshot 2
Character Biography
Since he was a lad, even before the turn of events in Manhattan, Tanner has had a taste for power, some unquenchable thirst for... more. Being who and what he is, his lifespan far surpassed any human or elf's, but it wasn't enough, he needed to live for a long, long time, he needed to learn all he could, he needed to experience everything there was to experience, what was he supposed to do when it all ended? Prance around like a child with some God in the afterlife? Lie down and accept that he could do nothing to stop or even slow his fate? No. Not Tanner. If it cost him his body, his mind, his very soul, he would live forever. Or die trying.
Subject Abilities
Attune with Alteration magic
Silver Tongue
Physically strong in either beast or man form.
Weapons
He typically creates a weapon using a combination of charms and his alteration magic with the environment around him.
Personality Traits
Narcissistic and Unfeeling, his only goal is to achieve immortality and he will act however he needs to in order to complete that objective.
Subject Likes
The Color Red - He can't see it specifically but knows it from other colors.
Chicken
Sunbathing
Subject Dislikes
The smell of Shades
The cold
Cats

Gaia Name
Prince Vade

Subject Name
Lerus
Subject Age
Subject Race
Male Dire Wolf
Mugshot
Wolf Form
Human Form
Subject Biography

Lerus was in a pack before the November Incident. A pack with nothing special about it. The pack had an Alpha, females, and lower wolves; Lerus was the beta of the pack - second in command. In Humans, a role which has value; in a wolf pack, the role means little. The pack's Alpha was strong and level-headed, he led the pack into many victories, kept them well fed... and was Lerus' older brother. Lerus was councilor to his brother, and his brother was wise and listened, until the meteor struck. Lerus' brother insisted on moving closer, preying on the weak and those who found misfortune around the crash site. Lerus advised against it, to the point where he contested his brother's leadership over the pack. His brother was a skilled fighter, strong and experienced, but blinded by fury. Lerus took advantage of this, forcing his brother to move around the land's obstacles, drawing out the fight and his endurance. As his brother tired, he made his move: a swift lunge to the neck. He took the hide from his brother's back, and wore it for the pack to bear witness to their new Alpha. But it was too late, and they were led too close. The fight had drawn out the dark, plagued creatures and infected half the pack, and the civil conflict had already ensued. Amidst the carnage, only a few survived. Lerus led them as far away as he could, but the survivors wounds were too deep, and the remains of his pack were lost.

Subject Abilities
Wolf Form

Subject Personality
Reserved, and calculating. Moves after thinking. Does his best not to talk much.
However, he can become easily obsessed.
Subject Preferences
Topography
Cold weather
Subject Dislikes
Combat
His Human form
Vegetables
Newer Technologies

Gaia Name
Corvin Ultimayum

Subject Name
Mishana Forwalla
Subject Age
Subject Race
Female, Half-Drider
Mugshot
Mishana
Character Biography
Before the plague hit the earth she was alone, afterwards people feared her for her blood contained a darkness almost as bad as the plague that had recently befallen them. Even now she isn't capable of holding ties to anyone because of her heritage. Her mother being a Drider was terrifying enough
when you add in that her mother murdered her father on the day of her conception that's a little more terrifying. However, the male did give Mishana a wonderous gift, he was still human, meaning that there was no way for society to be completely sure she was as evil as her heritage was because she was only half Drider which meant she was still three quarters human. The only thing that really showed off her heritage was her painfully obvious womanly features, usually used to seduce men but she has always hidden herself behind layers of clothing, and her four extra eyes. She always sought to help out with curing the infection but towns would turn her away at every opportunity simply because she was unpredictable. Somehow she didn't blame them for it, her mother, who was still alive, always said humans would never understand her but no matter what she would try her best. her mother passed down the knowledge of Toxin Magics as her own gift to her daughter and set her free in the world to make her own nest and eventually raise her own brood. Mishana had little hope for the latter but has since made many small nests in the now uninhabited wilds where most people feared to tread because of the plague ridden landscape. She, however, couldn't care less.
Subject Abilities
She has many spider-like abilities, such as being able to produce an incredibly strong and reasonably thick, about 5mm, strand of spider silk from a gland under her tongue and very very small fine hairs on her skin that allow her to crawl or walk up stable objects in a gravity defying way so long as the object isn't disturbed too much. She obviously has extra eyes that blink when she does but only her human set have the obvious pupils. As driders go she does posses lush assets that are normally used to attract a male to produce offspring but she doesn't really enjoy that kind of attention. As well as small but sharp fangs that produce a corrosive poison.

She also possesses and advanced knowledge of toxin magics, magic used to produce toxins in all forms and vectors of all kinds. However her mother only ever got as far as being able to produce two sustained spells at a time before it was time to release her daughter into the world but Mishana still practices and is getting close on being able to sustain three.

Weapons
Her Fangs and cute looks.
Personality Traits
Mishana attempts friendliness with everyone she meets despite whether they may be obviously a bad person to be greeting. This is simply the nature of a female drider, she still possesses the knowledge of who is a good person to talk to based on body language and stereotypes and such but her friendly and kind persona is used to make the bad guys let their guard down so she can attack and used to make friends with those she needs the help of or wishes to get close to.
Subject Likes
Cherries, she loves em.
Babies of any kind, she finds them unbearably cute.
Any form of loose fitting clothing
Subject Dislikes
Those who see her as an object rather than a person.
Those who take what they do not need.
Those who refuse help when they have no means of getting any elsewhere.
Additional Information
Her mother is still very much alive and she has her face on many warning signs across several towns to just be cautious around her. but not listing her as a criminal.

Gaia Name
Corvin Ultimatum

Subject Name
Derus, The Lich
Subject Age
637 Years Old
Subject Race
Male, Lich
Mugshot
Derus, The Lich
Character Biography
Six hundred and one years ago Derus was murdered in his home by a raging thief who thought that he was more entitled to Derus' belongings than Derus himself. Of course Derus was already ostracized by general society and was on the way to being burned at the stake for witchcraft, the thief however didn't do the one thing that a stake burning would have, destroy the body. As a man trying to conjure dark forces and being killed in a hateful act full of violence it was no wonder that when year later a group of cultists looking for a viable candidate for their ritual overturned his grave after performing a dark sacrament on top of his burial site. Derus rose a now undead and immortal version of his now year deceased self. He was asked to place his soul into an object so that his body may remain immortal. Derus being the calculating man that he was asked the cultists to bring him a small sampling of dirt from his grave, but just before they took his soul he told them to put the dirt into a locket and so they did, to this say his soul is sealed inside a locket among the bones he now inhabits. Dirt is almost indestructible as the technology of his age went, you could dilute it but it would return to its original state, burn it and the ash would become dirt again, scatter it and all you've done is lose the pieces. He was ensuring his own immortality.

Five Hundred and eighty nine years later, what happened? The November incident and with it bringing about a massive swathe of dark energy. Unfortunately and officially Derus was caught directly within the initial area of the dark plague. Only something was wildly wrong now, the dark energy which was corrupting and killing and turning those around him ignored him, because he was already made of similar dark energy. Instead much of the dark plague that could kill a city or two was actually absorbed within his body, no longer could he hold a human form and he was changed forever into the form he now holds with dark fire ever burning across his body which is made of the bones of those killed in the initial November incident. His scythe wrought from an ore he found at the initial site that was unknown to him. He was reborn for the third time.

Subject Abilities
-Cannot be permanently killed until his phylactery is destroyed, but can still be put down and he'll get back up after recovering the damage.
-His body is infused with the energy of thousands of shades so he can still infect people as a carrier but otherwise shades think he is one of them, though they will attack if told to by an equally powerful person, but he still hates them for killing his friends and his now deceased wife, he "kills" them openly but in truth is just sucking in their energy to be used and expelled to reform into a new shade.
-Can use dark magics that are potent but tend to escalate out of his own control when used too much, each time he uses a power it releases the equivalent amount of shade energy and they can reform into shades once again...to be reabsorbed if he sucks them back up.

Weapons
Dark Magics, Scythe
Personality Traits
As a lich Derus doesn't hold onto emotion like most people other than the same emotions he had when he was alive, he truthfully feels an unending grief over the loss of his second wife during the November Incident but other than that cannot feel much else. He kills shades but can't turn in the bounty because grimoires see him as a massive blob of shades.
Subject Likes
Books
Philosophy
Post-World Topics
Subject Dislikes
Dying
Fighting
Pop Culture
Additional Information
Shades and Shadelings occasionally mistake him for a Goliath and try to fuse with him, this generally leads to him accepting the shade/ling's energy, thus absorbing the shade/ling, or he just banishes the shade ordering it to run as far as it can the shade/ling in order to regulate himself so his magic doesn't run wild.

Gaia Name
firmbutts

Subject Name
Caelia Caoimhe
Subject Age
Nearly a century and a half
Subject Race
Female, Unicorn
Mugshot
Caelia the Unicorn
Character Biography
Her kind are notably seclusive in nature, aside from being deemed as gentle and docile. Even before the contemptuous plague consumed the land and tipped the world's equilibrium, unicorns remained impartial to the affairs of others. She believed to have lived a life in the peaceful humdrum within of thick forestry. However, that is but a fragment of what she can remember after the incident. Fortunate as she may be for her life to be spared, her memories had been taken instead. Caelia remembers nothing since the day she woke after the darkness and she struggles with fluctuating remnants of memories she can't entirely recall.
Subject Abilities
Aside from telepathy, a notably illustrious ability that define unicorns are their healing capabilities. Through the power of the horn, her healing abilities can range from curing illnesses to severe injuries to reviving plant life, however she cannot bring back the deceased. Caelia can heal the conditions of others, however she cannot heal herself nearly as quickly.
Caelia is also fairly skilled (though has not completely mastered) in crystal magic.
Weapons
Her horn? If that counts.
Personality Traits
Caelia is known to be notably selfish and cunning, quite the contrary to the stereotypical concept of good-natured unicorns. She's not a villainous individual, far from it actually. It's just that she's concerned for her own well-being rather than those of others'. It's nothing personal. That's not to say she's incapable of being gentle and nurturing, because it's inevitably in her blood. Usually her attitude will vary depending on the situation.
Subject Likes
Flowers
Shiny objects, pretty things, and jewelry
Virgins
Subject Dislikes
Clothes
Riddles
Having her things taken from her
Additional Information
Minuscule fragments of crystals often get caught in her hair, giving it a prismatic hue at times. She also eats flowers.

Gaia Name
Ryoko Earth

Subject Name
Ryoko De'Thorn
Subject Age
Twenty-nine
Subject Race
Male Demigod
Mugshot
Ryoko De'Thorn
Character Biography
Ryoko had grown up being told about his ancestors. How they were all great heroes, descended from the legendary line of Fortuna. He, of course, was expected to live up to this legacy. He took it seriously, of course. He spent most of his life doing nothing but what he was told, training, putting himself in danger for the sake of glory...

And then it happened. The November incident.

Ryoko had been the only one in his town to survive, and he'd been lucky. Certainly luckier than his clansmen. Fighting a wraith in his home, he'd been knocked back, through a window... Landing in a bale of hay. The miraculously still living horse attached would dash forth, moving throughout the city. He remained unconcious for days, waking up soon after without any energy. He was nursed to health by a neighboring village that had discovered the horse aimlessly walking, promptly learning that no one was responding to messages anymore. He tried to warn them, to tell them to evacuate, but they didn't listen, not believing the danger. So he had to leave. He refused to die there, even if they'd saved his life.

He never returned, even seeing the smoke rising above the treetops the next day.
Subject Abilities
As a descendent of the 'gods'(or at least those whom referred to themselves as such), Ryoko has a naturally increased physical prowress. But his true ability lies in his lineage. He's a descendent of Lady Luck - As a result, probability alters itself in his favor, though it drains his energy to do so. This only works for random chance, and the less chance something has to happen, the less chance it will and the more energy it will take. For example, one arrow might get blown out of the way by a sudden gust of wind. But the second? Probably not. The third? Definitely not... And no amount of luck will save you from a sword aimed true.

Don't ever bet against him in cards, though.

He can minorly control this, mostly in the form of wanting something to save his a** at any given moment. If he's destined to die, there's a small chance reality will alter to save him - but this drives him into a coma for at least a couple of days, and when he awakens he'll be powerless and drained for at least a week or two, if not more.

Weapons
Sword of Fortune
Personality Traits
Ryoko used to be a pretty serious guy until he realized he wasn't going to live long enough to be boring and serious.
Subject Likes
Card games
Dice games
Winning
Subject Dislikes
Losing
Games of skill
Shades
Additional Information
He's also considered devilishly handsome, although whether that's because he's actually good-looking or if he just has 'luck with the ladies' is up for debate.

User Image

Familiar Gekko

cheese_whine Rezurved cheese_whine

Familiar Gekko

Epcilon

Familiar Gekko

Epcilon
Epcilon

Familiar Gekko

Epcilon