Human 0.125 12.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 24 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15

Anxious Hunter

User Image

.::Kallista ✦ Namikal::.

Loyal friend of the Fire Prince

My heart still thumps as I bleed ...

"You should be so lucky they are showing regret, Silas. Not all of us get the chance to have family back," she had seen the hurt flash in Silas' eyes. She had not meant to hurt him by bringing up painful memories, but her own selfish past kept her from being considerate.

Silas spoke of how his heart was not as closed off as she had thought. At this she gave a scoff, "It was never about your heart being closed off, it was that it belonged to another. I will not stand idly by and wait for you to realize your own feelings," Kallista's voice was stern, but thick with emotion. Whether or not the emotion was anger or sadness was unclear. She was not one to stand between people.

She stepped forward and scratched Schism under his chin, which he responded to gleefully, "I apologize Schism. I had not meant to shut you out, just Silas." The ocelot regarded her with a cocked head and Kallista stepped back once more, letting her hand fall to her side.

And all your friends come sniffing.

With: Silas

ooc:Phone posts really are hard.

Shadowy Gatekeeper

User Image
Silas La'Feyal
Protector and Friend of Anna von Lee

I'll taste the Devil's tears,
drink from his soul...

"No, we don't all have the chance to bring family back, but my family didn't just leave me. They made me leave, instead." He heard the emotion in her voice, and the words accompanying it. His grey eyes went wide. "Kally..." he said sadly, about to say something, then his mind interpreted her words. Your heart belonged to another... Silas approached her, a little closer than normal. "Should my heart have belonged to you, Kally?" He asked, his voice barely loud enough to hear.
In his eyes, her heart had never belonged to him, either. Kallista was not....a commitment type of person. In elvish, Silas would have said she was a Viltha'in Sepell, a Wandering Soul. The elves give their hearts freely, but their souls are another story. It seemed human valued their hearts more, but that didn't matter to Silas. there was a more important issue at hand than how elves and humans' values differ.

...but I'll
never give up you...

Infinite moment

Anxious Hunter

User Image

Should have his heart belonged to her? She pondered this for a second. She had a hard time allowing herself to be loved or loving others. "No, Silas. You just should have been honest with yourself. I didn't want to be the one you resent in later years. If I had known what would happen this day, maybe I wouldn't have left...but I didn't know and I wasn't going to stand in the path of your desires," Kallista spoke with an exhausted voice. Three years was, after all, a long time to avoid someone. She would never admit that she had begun to feel for him and that was part of the reason she had gone. Granted it was a small part, as she had written off her emotions as childish, as she did with anytime she wanted more. She didn't deserve love.

"Would you have given it to me, Silas? Honestly, do you even think you would have?" her words held a deeper question. Could Silas possibly give up on an impossible love? Could he really move on to someone else. She highly doubted it. She rubbed her face and looked at Silas between ger fingers, "I would be lying if I said ignoring you wasn't difficult. That it didn't hurt to do it, but it was the right thing to do." She meant it.

ooc:

Shadowy Gatekeeper

User Image
Silas La'Feyal

drink from his soul...

"Ril va keus iu cuel elahalim estraell." Silas said. Hearing him speak in elvish, it was obvious he was more comfortable with the language, and the words flowed form his mouth easily and with the odd cadence natural to the tongue. He translated. "Right is something your heart decides." he smiled a little, because she hadn't moved away from him. The elf was thoughtful for a long moment, then answered her question. "I have always let my elahalim, my heart, lead me, Kally. Back then, it was leading me to you, and I would have followed...as I would now." Silas turned away again. "My valahalim, my soul, has ached every day since you left, Kallista. I wish things could have turned out differently, but 'il valas va il valas,' the past is the past, and I cannot change it."
Schism jumped up on Kallista now, nuzzling her face, His mismatched eyes looked at her even as Silas turned and fixed her with his own steely grey ones. It had been hard to admit to his feelings, both past and present, but now all his cards were on the table. It was just a matter of whether her hand was better.

...but I'll
never give up you...

Infinite moment

Anxious Hunter

User Image

Kallista's heart nearly stopped as she held Schism securely in her arms. She didn't know what to do. It terrified her, in a way, to hear Silas' confession. She had always walked into relationships as things to pass time. With Silas it had began to develop but, like so many times before, she withdrew. But as Silas had said, the past was the past.

Kallista was a well read woman and understood how deeply he must have felt if his soul truly did ache for her. Perhaps it was not romantic, but it was significant and she knew it. Her only regret was that she had lead him so astray. She should have never toyed with him, even if it had changed to something more for her.

"...I...I am sorry..." she finally stuttered out. She did care for him, deeply. She had not meant to make him suffer from her absence. She had hoped that he would pursue his true desires--or what she had perceived as his true desires. She had betrayed him, in a way, by her overly friendly relation with Prince Thanos. She could not, would not ever be able to express her regret

ooc:

Shadowy Gatekeeper

User Image
Silas La'Feyal

drink from his soul...

Silas stared at er, taking her in with his eyes again."Kana. No. I am he who should be sorry, Kallista. I did not realize your elahalim had led you to me as mine had to you." He approached her, a single snow-white hand reached out to gently touch her hair, before retracting quickly. "Sorry. I just...I don't know." Silas looked lost, as though he didn't know what to do now. That was odd for Silas, as he'd always been a man---elf---of action.
Finally, after a few long moments, he just looked up and made a lame joke. "Ya know, you always did hug that b*****d cat more than me." Schism hissed at his master, and Silas hissed back, then laughed. He loved the ocelot, Schism had been with him for a decade now.
Silas scratched the back of his head. "Ah, I'm no good at this kind of thing. Never have been." He stopped scratching and looked surprised. "Wait, you already know that, Kally! Why am I standing here saying it?"

...but I'll
never give up you...

Infinite moment

Anxious Hunter

User Image

While Kallista had felt a moment of panic as Silas reached for her hair, it eased away just as quickly. Relief flooded Kallista as Silas eased the tension with his jokes. Kallista looked at Schism and rubbed noses with him, just as Marmalade walked up. He stuck his nose in the air and gave a sniff, indicating his jealousy. Kallista laughed, and he dove under her dress, sticking his head out.

“Clearly I was born in the wrong position in life. It seems felines just attach to me,” Kallista said, handing Schism back to Silas so that she could pick up Marmalade. Marmalade purred contentedly in her arms, giving Schism a look of smug satisfaction. Schism only stared blankly. “Oh Marmalade, stop being such a beast,” she teased.

She looked at Silas, becoming serious again, “Silas, I will withdraw my silence. I should have never ignored you. It was in poor taste.”

ooc:

Shadowy Gatekeeper

User Image
Silas La'Feyal

drink from his soul...

Silas was relieved. "I am happy to hear you say that." he didn't even bother to try to hod on to Schism, as the ocelot climbed form his arms onto one set of the branches on Silas's armor. Looking at Marmalade, Silas made a face, and the serval just stared. Marmalade and Schism could be friendly at times, but all Silas ever got was that bloody stare. He sighed, and looked at Kallista in the eyes again. "Perhaps it was the right position. There were a few times Schism tried to lead me back to you. b*****d cat knows me better than me, I think." He grinned. "So, since you're talking to me again, how have you been? I haven't been able to ask you that question in a long time. Did you miss dear Silas at all?" He asked, still grinning.

...but I'll
never give up you...

Infinite moment

((Out Of Orangutans: Sorry it's short, brain is becoming mushy.))

Anxious Hunter

User Image

Kallista avoided saying she missed Silas, but Marmalade took the moment to roll his eyes. People were so ridiculous, though he loved his Kallista very much. “I...” she stopped to think for a second. How had she been doing? Rather terrible, she thought. Between the recurring nightmares, the arranged marriages, moving to the Vampire Kingdom—she had been getting into a lot more brawls in the city, as well, much to the Fire King's chagrin. She had suffered many injuries due to her inability to resist a fight, but those injuries had healed over time. She had taken to drinking more too, but she couldn't say it was out of any particular bit of misery—just a general sadness had settled itself inside her.

Since her parents' deaths, she had not been the same...but she had only gotten worse since retreating. She felt that she could deal with it on her own, and she had been through jousts, fighting tournaments, and drinking contests. She had a name for herself back in the Fire Kingdom, and though it was not one a lady should be proud of, it was one she enjoyed. Her reputation kept the public's eyes off her inner turmoil and on the shine of her blade instead.

“I suppose I've been alright,” she said finally, deciding it was best to let her feelings remain inward. She was not one to share her mind, after all.

“And you?” she asked, letting Marmalade to the ground so that he could stalk off.

ooc:

Shadowy Gatekeeper

User Image
Silas La'Feyal

drink from his soul...

She hadn't answered his question, but her silence gave him all the answer he needed. So did her extended silence. Silas looked at Kallista long and hard after she spoke, as if to let her know he could see through the facade. He shook his head, though, and answered her question. "I have been...lonely." The word sounded like a decision on his feelings, as though he'd not thought about how he himself felt in some time. He smiled, though, and continued. "Schism has begun to think I am nocturnal. I find myself unable to sleep much of the time, and I spend my nights staring at the moon or stars, or clouds for that matter." He chuckled dryly. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just...it's like I no longer have the ability to sleep. Like my mind just won't let me. Too many things going on in there." He tapped the side of his head.
Silas's grey eyes flashed with mischief for a moment. "After I started staying up, I made quite a name for myself in an underground fighting ring. It was fun, but after Anna and Thanos started noticing the bruises, I had to stop." He smiled a little. "And...I have missed you, Kally. If I wasn't missing our relationship, I was missing being able to talk to you, to...let someone in."

...but I'll
never give up you...

Infinite moment

((Out Of Orangutans: ))

Anxious Hunter

User Image

While Silas began to speak about how he had been, Kallista had wondered why he had even let her in his life to begin with. She was never one to connect well with others, and Silas admitting his loneliness to her felt odd. The swirl of guilt would not go away, despite how much she told herself that it was not her fault that Silas invested himself in their "friendship."

She looked away as he said, "...I was missing being able to talk to you, to...let someone in." Kallista rubbed her arm, then looked back at Silas, "Fighting rings, huh?" she asked curiously, refusing to acknowledge Silas' admission. "I don't see why Thanos and Anna should care about you fighting," Kallista said with a shrug.

She honestly could not see a reason why Silas should not be allowed to fight, even if it was underground fighting. He was a man, it was much more socially acceptable for him to fight. She herself participated often in fights even though it was frowned on. She never tried to hide it, she just never spoke of it.

ooc:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out