Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Detective

◥ Ezal Juniper ◤

Historian

User Image
Stories never die.. For their legends stay alive.

Elko was still on the lookout in Ezal's place. Hoping his best friend could get enough sleep until the Dragon Hunter returned. Outside of the abandoned building it was peaceful and silent. Only for awhile of course, until he heard the sound of flapping wings closely approaching. It made the white spotted ferret panic while the two steeds were taking the offensive stance. Frostbite grunted, but Edge Runner kept his composure. Luckily the five of them were hidden in the shadows. However, a loud thumping noise soon followed after the sound of flapping wings dispersed.

So the small creature decided to walk outside to investigate much to his own dismay. Since he was small and long, he could crawl about unnoticed. He squeaked quietly, but enough so the Princess would hear. Though she didn't understand a word he said he was letting her know he was going to investigate. With that, the curious ferret left to explore. Walking about, he also heard the faint sound of voices, From the distance he couldn't make out who's voice belong to who. But he knew there was more then one person about. So with caution he quietly sneaked around.

Moving his head about as he crawled, Elko didn't notice he was in the white dragon's path until he bumped his head into it's foot. Once he did, the white spotted ferret shook his head from the pain and looked up. As he looked up to see the massive dragon his eyes were wide and...Well, let's just say after that the air smelled surprisingly foul....It was the dragon from before, Elko quickly came to the silly conclusion that he must of ate Leto or something. He didn't notice not too far from them Leto brought company along with him and as loud as he could, squeaked as if screaming in fear. Elko scurried back to the abandon building and climbed to Clara's shoulder hiding behind her blonde hair.

If the legend dies, the legacy lives on.

IRL Noob

10,050 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Ḭḁṝα ảẏáĥ Ţȟɇѓӧṥḭṡ

The Princess continued as she had for the last little while, sitting in silence. Elko scurried off, squeaking at her. She didn't know what he said, but somehow felt like she knew his meaning.

Clara would have wished him luck, and told him to be safe.. But he was a ferret. A teeny furry creature that could go places not many could. She felt a bit awkward, and before she could say anything, he was gone.

The Princess sat there, wondering how far Aria was, or if she gave the King the letter yet. She sighed quietly, pondering many things to herself until the small ferret came flying back, faster than the speed of sound and hid himself in Clara's long hair.

"What? Is that you? What's wrong, what happened?" Clara asked, her voice filled with alarm, although she kept her tone quiet and hushed to keep Ezal from waking.

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
aleah | sher

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

Exodus moved out of the way when Kaleah directed him. She jumped onto Exodus's back and moved out of the way. She pat the side of his neck and looked up to the sky, knowing one day that they would finally be able to fly everywhere. "How was your trip anyway? Enjoy the flight?" He puffed a bit of smoke at her face and Kaleah coughed. "Well if you didn't look for me, would you have enjoyed it?" He just looked away and she sighed, knocking her head into him. "Look, I'm sorry. I thought it was for the best, ok?"

Exodus just watched Leto and Garret quietly. "Do you still want to bond with me?" Kaleah grinned and Exodus glanced back to her, his tail swayed back and forth. "We will, I promise."

[ short! ]
User Image
Aria Trac
The Calvary Woman

Despite Aria's objection to taking the coins, the King placed them in her hand. "Thank you Sir, and yes, there is no news on movements from Allallora." She responded as she watched him begin to walk. She listened attentively as he told her what he wished her to do. The task seemed simple enough. Find the Captain of the Guard, inform him that the Princess was gone and tell him to meet the King in the Throne room.

"Yes, your majesty. Thank you." She said with another bow and assumed that meant she was dismissed. Aria waited a few more moments to be sure before she left the castle to seek out the Captain of the guard. Because it would be foolish to walk around without asking where the Captains were-a-bouts might be, seeing as how it could be anywhere, she asked the first guard she ran across. From them she discovered that he had retired to his quarters and was given directions. She made her way immediately to the Captains quarters.

Upon arriving to the Captains quarters and knocking on the door several times, however, she discovered she must have just missed him. She looked down the street in the direction she had just come and then down another. She wasn't too familiar with the streets of S'ven, but surely a guard stationed somewhere should have spotted the Captain if he was out and about. After all, stopping in to make sure they weren't slacking was what a Captain did, among other tasks. With that in mind, Aria began down the street again, now wishing she had stopped by the stables to pick up Tonk for this search.

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Leto Falke

The Dragon Hunter

User Image

Leto poked his head into the abandoned house and found Ezal taking a nap on Clara's lap. There was so many things wrong with this situation the dragon hunter wasn't even sure where to start. "My lady, I hope I'm not interrupting" he commented at how close the two were, a surprising connection really had come between them. Though he was more annoyed at Ezal for actually sleeping then where his choice of nap was at the moment, though it burned the young knight as well. Leto walked over to them and nodded at Clara that everything was alright, though apparently neither of them had been that worried.

Leto the flicked Ezal in the forehead out of annoyance for him picking such a critical time to take a nap. "Wakey wakey historian, I never pegged you for one to be, so foolish" He grunted before standing up. He was off fighting a dragon to buy time for them to escape and he was napping, some trustworthy companion he turned out to be. "I found us some sympathizers, and a dragon. Their waiting outside, though I suggest you two take a breath before stepping out" he explained, even not taking time to flirt with Clara as he stepped out of the broken down house. He was actually annoyed they had been so relaxed well he had been fighting to save their lives. Clara was one thing, he was technically their to do that very thing for her, but he had expected better from Ezal.

The dragon hunter stepped out of the house, and saw Garret was still present and sighed, knowing his luck had pretty much failed him. He was really starting to miss the flocks of women who threw themselves at him. "They should be out in a moment, I promise they won't waist your time my angelic lady" He said to Kaleah, and stepped away from the door. He was still capable of flirting with the dragon priestess for the moment at least. Even with all her spunk.

Tipsy Detective

◥ Ezal Juniper ◤

Historian

User Image

The Princess became concerned, her tone sounded alarmed as the small ferret tried to catch his breath. All the while Ezal slept without any disturbances. Elko turned around to see Princess Clara look at him with worry. Letting out one squeak, he reminded himself again, Clara could not understand a word said. So it was time to play charades. The white spotted ferret climbed down the blonde haired girl's arm once on the ground turned to face her.

Disoriented with fear, his physical interpretation would be less accurate then what actually occurred. So he started to flap his arms and stomp his feet. Trying his best to accurately describe that he ran into the dragon but what it actually looked like was a wild chicken on the loose. Then he tried to roar loudly. It sounded more like a screech then a roar. But before he could finish the charade. He turned to the sound of footsteps coming from the hole and to his surprise it was Leto. The white spotted ferret's heart nearly stopped. It was a ghost! His ghost came to haunt them! It had to be! He screech again, only out of cowardice. But the idea of being a ghost soon fade as the disappointed Dragon Hunter flicked Ezal's forehead. Which instantly woke him up.

"Ack!" The young monk grunted, and force himself up off of Clara's lap. He had no idea he was even laying on her lap, nor did he remember what happened after they took refuge in the abandoned house. That's what happens when your dead tired. Turning to the Dragon Hunter, he was very disappointed in him. Annoyed that he found Ezal fast asleep on the princess lap. He was even more confused at Leto's choice of words. Foolish? He frowned. But still, he was thankful that the Dragon Hunter. Wide awake from the power nap, Ezal got up on his feet, explaining that the sympathizers were waiting outside, along with the dragon.

"I see..Alright" Was all that would come out of his mouth. He then realized. He fell asleep again. So that's why Leto was so mad. He couldn't blame him, he had every right to be upset. It was his duty to protect the Princess. Instead, succumbed to his tired eyes. It brought shame to himself. But the brown robed monk would hide these feelings. Even his issue with sleep was no excuse to rest. Picking up his Khakkhara and raising the hood on his head, he turned to his companion, Elko, the white ferret climbed onto his shoulder and he walked outside to meet the sympathizers. A group he heard about from Elder Fein. He didn't think they were still around in this day and age.

Once outside he turned to look at two people and the white dragon. The girl had a very odd but unique eye color and fluffy looking brown hair with two sheaths. A dual wielder. Then there was a man with an old man eyepatch with gray hair. From the way his hammer looked he was probably a blacksmith. Then there was the white dragon that the girl rode on. A majestic looking creature just as he imagined. His feelings of self shame were cast aside with astonishment of actually seeing one in person. A smile formed as he and Elko bowed respectfully.

"It's an honor to meet you, Sympathizers. I am Ezal Juniper. Historian, and Traveling Monk of Ardrion." The Historian introduced himself, but he left the part where he was Leto's personal chronicler unless he mentioned it already. He did not want to let the Sympathizers know he's actually a Dragon Hunter.

IRL Noob

10,050 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Ḭḁṝα ảẏáĥ Ţȟɇѓӧṥḭṡ

Clara was sitting there, quiet as ever. She worried about the small ferret on her shoulder, and watched as he performed his charades in front of her. She watched him stamp around and flap his little paws. The squeaks he made made Clara want to giggle. He was so adorable, and it made her want to squeeze his little furry body in a hug.

The sound of footsteps made Clara's ears perk up in alarm. She tilted her head up, her eyes falling on none other than Leto, the Dragon Hunter. She gasped loudly, a thin ribbon of pink crossing her cheeks. Her eyes widening and almost pooling with tears.

"You idiot, I thought you were dead! It got so quiet!" Clara snapped at him, her voice more ridden with worry than anger. She didn't mind snapping at him, considering in the meantime of her stunned look, he had walked over and flicked Ezal on the forehead.

When they all stood and straightened themselves, she would turn to look at Leto, wanting to tell him that the Historian was about to pass out, and she just couldn't leave him there. She frowned.

The Princess wasn't sure how to react to Leto. He seemed so irritated, so annoyed. Was it because they had been sitting down relaxing? What else were they supposed to do? Perhaps he was annoyed at the fact that she had allowed the Historian to rest his head on her lap. Goodness forbid he saw her stroking his white hair or humming a lullaby. She hadn't thought about it at the time, only imitated what her sweet nanny had did since the absence of her mother.

Clara was the last to follow them out. Before she exited the abandoned building, she straightened her tattered brown dress, and tried her best to fluff up her hair a little bit. She adjusted her scarf, retying it around her neck as to cover the sapphire brooch around her throat.

The Princess walked out. Since she had been travelling with them, her walking was less dainty and polite, as she tried hard not to stand out like a sore thumb. She still couldn't help it however, as her footsteps and movements were small and delicate.

Clara walked up to the group. She was nervous, and struggled to say anything. "Hello," she smiled shyly. She knew Leto had talked about her not using titles, so she avoided calling herself a Princess. Instead, she put one foot behind her, and twisted her front slightly to the side. She grabbed the sides of her dress, pinning them up in her arms at her sides, and leaned forward, bowing her head in a polite curtsy.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, my name is Clara."

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
aleah | sher

Kaleah heard the conversation, but patiently waited outside with Garret and Exodus. Her light purple eyes watched the broken down door way as Leto stepped out of the place, then Ezal and soon the Princess. She slid down Exodus and landed softly to her feet, bowing forward. "Nice to meet the both of you. I am honored to meet you Princess Therosis..." The last name was a bit hesitant since she still swore it sounded like a disease. "My name is Kaleah Ascher." Exodus bowed his head slightly too. "I apologize for my Dragon's behavior and if it scared you. That wasn't his intention, was it Exodus?" She glanced to Exodus and Exodus glanced back. She turned to the Historian and smiled. He seemed to nice that she wasn't really worried about those two. It was just Leto that worried her. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well Ezal Juniper."

She definitly did not picture the Princess in the brown dress, but she felt a bit more comfortable around her. Kaleah wasn't rich, and neither was Udanashi, but she was perfectly content with the way she lived. Besides not being allowed out of the hidden village. Leto definitly picked two people that Kaleah didn't expect to be on a mission. She guessed the King wanted to keep this a secret.

Divine Traveler

10,640 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User Image
Garret Sal Alurra
The One-Eyed Smith

Garret followed quietly behind the hunter and behind the dragon and his partner. Garret was watching and taking in all he could. He didn't want things to get out of hand. Garret bowed slightly as both the Princess and the historian introduce themselves. It had been a long time since he had been in the S'ven but he was amazed at how old the princess had gotten. The last time he had seen her was when he was banished from the kingdom for standing up for whats right. "Garret Alurra," He said bowing" M'lady Therosis it is a blessing to see you again tho i'm surprised to see you out of the kings reach." He said as he gave a full bow which was hard for someone his age to do. He looked the the historian and smiled to her. " A historian how interesting i'd love to chat about a few topics later if we can get the pleasure." He said as he looked to her and smiled courteously.

OOC:

Tipsy Detective

◥ Ezal Juniper ◤

Historian

User Image

Ezal raised his head then shook it as Kaleah apologized for Exodus' behavior. All the while Elko stared at Exodus, with astonishment and mostly paranoia from his first encounter.

"Don't worry about it Miss Kaleah. I'm sure Exodus had his reasons. Clara and I have never met a dragon in person before. So the reaction of something so foreign to us is naturally fear." Knowing very little of dragons, the young historian's mind was at the peak of curiosity. Wanting to learn more about these creatures just by looking at Exodus. When he saw Kaleah and Exodus face one another he could see the two shared a deep connection. What kind, he did not know. But it was the kind of look that he only assumed might of been similar to a powerful friendship like him and Elko.

He turned to the Blacksmith who introduced himself as Garret Alurra. A man who looked to have many stories to tell, who likely traveled far and wide throughout Ardrion. Just like the traveling monks who raised him. The old blacksmith smiled at him. Saying how interesting that this young monk was a historian. Ezal smiled back and replied.

"Should time spare even a moment of such pleasure, I would be honored to discuss these particular topics with you. I'm also sure you have many stories of your own to tell. If so, I would most certainly love to hear." A man's life is like a story book. Their own unique storybook Ezal remembered Elder Lotus tell him. The question of whether it spreads from person to person is unknown. But the way they choose the course may lead to twists and turns that make their story unpredictable. They won't know when their stories end, but many make sure to live a life worthy of their stories being retold.

Elder Lotus was so wise. He looked to where the East Temple for a brief moment thinking about him and the other traveling monks, hoping they were alive and safe wherever they are. Before his thoughts could dwell at how much he missed the group of monks he looked to Elko almost forgetting to introduce. Still wearing his smile, the historian said.

"Oh, and this little fellow is Elko!" Elko hid behind Ezal's head in his brown hood from Exodus squeaking sadly. Ezal lightly frowned then sighed gently pulling him out and petting him. "What am I going to do with you." He pointed the white spotted ferret in Leto's direction. "See? Not a single claw or tooth etch his skin. He most certainly isn't ethereal either." He turned back to the trio of Sympathizers. "Of course, they're good people, give them the benefit of the doubt." He gently smiled at Elko, stubborn he reluctantly squeaked, saying to Ezal "Alright, but when I'm right and your wrong. I get to say: I TOLD YOU SO." The long ferret hissed at him after squeaking loudly of the last sentence, which made Ezal express a light laughter. Hopefully no one noticed him talking to Elko, he didn't want anyone to think he was a madman, nor know of his astonishing gift of communicating with animals. Atleast, not now anyways. But if they did, he would have a lot of explaining to do. Something he's not prepared for yet.

Lonely Survivor

Life is a bargain
User Image
♠ Zander Jettison Dio. ♠
The Smuggler.

...So check your coins...

Meanwhile, near the center of town, in a home like any other, was the red-clad merchant. Although, he was significantly less red so early in the morning. As the sun arose, so too did he. However, he didn't enjoy arising so early in the morning. He did however, get up fairly early, just not as early as the sun. It seemed either he forgot to close his curtains the previous night, or a certain purple dragon wanted him up a bit earlier. Possibly due to the Priestess having her birthday on that day, had she not vanished a few nights ago.

So, he got dressed and ready for the day, now clad in red. He felt his pockets for a brief moment, to confirm its contents, the Priestess' gifts he had gotten for her. One he made, the other he bought. He simply sighed, as he walked out the door. Zane was there, so Zander said good morning, and scratched the dragon behind the ears, before the feathered creature took to the skies to hunt for some breakfast. Zander then decided to head to the archery range, where he practiced his throwing knives, despite his obvious skill with them. As he approached, he noticed the newcomer from a few days ago there as well. He simply leaned on his staff, as he watcher he shoot, unsure of how to proceed from there.

...Before you pay.

((If I need to edit, in any way, please let me know. This is the THIRD time I've had to type this post, so please forgive any miscomprehensions.))

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Leto Falke

The Dragon Hunter

User Image

Leto watched as everyone introduced themselves and Leto didn't bother giving his own name again. Only one he had hadn't introduced himself too was Garret, but he had been spying on his conversation with Kaleah so he had probably picked up on his name then. "Well may I suggest moving away from this town? Battles between dragons and humans have a tendency to attract unneeded attention" the dragon hunter spoke out of experience, and then realized he sounded to knowledgeable on the issue. He needed to quickly change the subject.

"Gorgeous you said you need to bond? Can we do that today or soon? Not to rush you beautiful, but were on a bit time table, but I promise I'll assist you in any way I can" he asked the dragon priestess, eager to change the subject. Though he looked to Clara, not forgetting he also promised to protect her. So as long Kaleah's bonding kept the princess out of harms way would be easy to keep both promises. Still separate promises to separate women was always hard issue to stay honest in, but the young knight always seemed to somehow find a way. So far Kaleah was there best bet to broker a treaty or at least gain an audience with whoever ruled the sympathizers and the bonded ones among them. So he wasn't eager to lose Kaleah's cooperation, plus how could he not help such a beautiful girl.

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

????????
Holder of a Forgotten Name

User Image

A few minutes after Aria had left the king's chamber, a guard stumbled in with a large spear sticking out of his chest piece and blood dripping down the side of the man. The masked man walked into the throne room as the royal guard dropped to the ground succumbing from his wounds. "King Therosis! We meet at last, well we have before but I wasn't exactly being myself. I wasn't wearing my mask then you see. But then again who wouldn't know the king of Ardrion, Jadis Therosis the second and thousands of people have meant you in person, so I'm sure that doesn't help you at all" the nobody said, and walked over to the guard pulling the spear out of his chest plate, the tip being completely soaked in blood.

He twirled the spear as three more guards charged in, most likely from hearing the commotion, and drew their swords. As the charged the cloaked man, he seemed to glide across the ground as he dodge their attacks and tripped them with the pole of the spear. Then with three swift motions, slit two of their throats, and leaving the spear plunged into the throat of the third one. Currently there was now four dead guards in the king's throne room and another five outside in the hallway leading up to it.

"I think you should look into your internal defense better my lord. Though nine guards do seem a bit much, your men pulling double duty? Their movements did feel sluggish" the man's voice oozed out from behind his voice, but in the back of his mind he hoped no more would be entering soon. He did want to have a chat with the king after all. Which it was now time to get to."So you lost your daughter I hear. That is quite fortunate for you though. See I came here to kill her, but guess that will be impossible now. Is there anyone else nearby you hold dear Jadis? If so I'm sure to kill them in her stead" The man said and let out a small chuckle, doubting their was anyone else Jadis really cared for. Well that could match his love for Clara.

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image
aleah | sher

Kaleah looked to the Historian and gave a small smile. "I appreciate the comfort." When Ezal introduced Elko, she smiled again and placed her hand out. "Well it's nice to meet you Elko." Kaleah said, but the ferret didn't seem amused. When Leto began to voice his concerns, she glanced to him with an arched brow. "In an abandoned town? How would you know that?" Before he could answer, she simply nodded as he mentioned that they were on a time schedule.

"Well, I could fly back to Udanashi, but it's faster if all of us go.." Exodus was certainly big enough to fit all of them. "Unless you want to walk there?" It took her three days to get here, that meant three days back. By then, she would be sure the Priestesses would be freaking out.She crossed her arms as he continued to call her gorgeous and beautiful. It really was annoying her to no end, but she wasn't going to yell at Leto infront of the others.
User Image
Aria Trac
The Calvary Woman

As Aria searched the streets for the Captain of the guard, she had little choice but to take in some of the city. She really wasn't even sure what the Captain of the guard looked like and so hoped he was wearing something distinguishable from the rest. She skimmed through the crowds in the streets, trying to catch a glimpse of someone that might say "Captain of the Guard." So far she wasn't having luck.

"This would be easier if I was taller..." Aria muttered to herself as she tried to look over some rather tall men, opting to look past them instead, which only helped a little. She moved forward down the street, getting stopped by an apple peddler for a moment. She shook her head in refusal as he tried to get her to buy an apple. She didn't have time to shop, let alone get snacks for Tonk at the moment. For a second, however, something caught her eye. She thought she spotted a man rushing through the streets as if on an important errand. Aria wasn't sure why, but she felt she should follow after him.

Brushing past the apple seller, she moved swiftly through the crowds to catch up. Her armor was hindering any faster movement than she was currently making. Giving chance in armor wasn't exactly what it was made for. "Sir! Excuse me! Sir!" She finally called out. Little did she know she was trying to chase down the Captain of the Guard himself.

(Hope that was OK Nathan)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces