Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Kailani Rune

"I will be the best."

Kailani turned towards the door, listening to the voices. The knight, she assumed was one, and some quiet voice that was barely audible had caught her attention. She believed it was the man with Lif, the woman who had explained everything to her at first.

She saw the door open and quietly watched as Forseti was slightly 'nudged' into the room. The silence was immediate, and she didn't know what to say to her Father's look-a-like. Her green eyes watched him. He was nervous for some reason, and she assumed it was because of their first meeting. He had freaked her out, but Kailani had chilled a little now. She was becoming the stone girl she usually was.

"You can sit there, if you want." She pointed to the chair before walking to the bed. It took her a minute to get on the bed due to her wounds, but she simply gave a grunt and shoved herself up there. Kailani sat at the bottom of her bed and watched him. She wanted to move the bed to the window, but she would wait till he was gone. The young girl heard him and nodded. It made sense why he had to ask questions. She wished she could ask questions too.

"I didn't know..." Kailani said calmly, staring at him with her hunting eyes. The same look her Father had. "I can't answer many, but you can ask them."

Tipsy Detective

{{ℱorseti Gliden}}

User Image
Forseti watched as Kailani walked away from the window and sat back on the bottom of her bed facing him. She seemed to have calmed down since their first encounter, which calmed him down a bit. Yet she was distant at the same time. As if having something on her mind. Taking a deep breath he replied.

"Being in there, I could tell it was quite a surprise. It wasn't anything you expected." The man sympathized, feeling sad that she is going through so much emotional turmoil while enduring the pain from the explosion at the parade. He nodded his head understanding that she couldn't anwser too many questions, nonetheless he would ask whatever he could as he thought of some questions to ask.

"Alright then." Forseti paused and asked. "What can you tell me about this man, Balder Rune." Knowing very little about the very man who looks exactly like him, from what Kailani can tell him, he would get ideas about what other questions to ask from there. Being new to interrogating, the kind Forseti would be calm about it instead of pressuring her with assertive behavior.

5,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
Sleipnir

XXXX

XXXX

This was getting ridiculous. Explaining something a Skirnir possibly could not understand was like taking candy away from a child, which made Sleipnir wonder why he was even bothering with a boy who was going to be executed in a matter of time.

"You don't see it, Haggard. What you speak of is true, yes. Assassins must understand the value of life to know to take it away. However..... what life do you think you have under Balder Rune? This isn't revenge, Haggard. I have no reason to seek vengeance against that man. Balder Rune is a paranoid fool who kills just because he is afraid to lose his position as the Lord. And you are telling me that I am wrong to try to stop him? Funny."

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Kailani Rune

"I will be the best."

Kailani stared down at her hands, almost knowing that Balder Rune had known the whole time. Why didn't he ever say anything? What were his motives? She kept quiet as he sympathized for her, but she didn't really even feel bad. It was more like low blows after another, and at one point, she would fight back.

Tell him about Balder Rune?.. She stared at him in a bit of suprise, before returning with her cold expression. Who was Balder Rune? Was he cold and synical like everyone said? Or was he warm and kind to her?

"I don't know." She said, looking to him with some worry. She truely had no idea what his actual intentions were. "His plans are to himself. He knows what he wants and goes for it. He...will kill anyone in his way."

Tipsy Detective

{{ℱorseti Gliden}}

User Image
Listening to her, her description was brief. Kailani looked at Forseti with worry, not knowing much of her father's actions or intentions. Even if her and the man were related by blood. He had hoped she would shed light about who the Leader of the Freyr truly was. Even if she didn't know much, the naive Forseti still found it helpful. So Balder was a man who has set goals for himself, killing anyone who is seen as an obstacle in his path. The question being what were the goals of his?

Even as Kailani stated that his plans are to himself, Forseti couldn't help but wonder. Giving the rookie knight the idea he was distant with his comrades. As if not so trusting of the assassins that work under him. But it did not make sense to him, if Balder Rune wasn't outgoing with these ideas then how did he become the Leader of the assassins? Talking to the daughter of Balder gave the young knight theories of what kind of man he is. Yet even as he theorizes he's nowhere close to the truth.

"I see. So he's not very open is he? Around you, how does he treat you?" He asked two questions at once. The first one he asked was because he was wondering if the Lord wasn't outgoing or he was simply full of secrets. The second question he asked for the sake of how the man treated the brown haired girl when he was around her. Even if she was unaware that the Lord of the Fenrir was her father, did he ever show signs that he treated her like his own daughter, or simply as an underling of the Freyr?

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Kailani Rune

"I will be the best."

Kailani looked to Forseti with some worry. He was thinking, and she wasn't sure what he was thinking of. Her green eyes watched him before coming to her own realization. Her face paled and she silently squeezed the sheet tightly with her hands. Balder Rune treated her differently not because she was the prodigy, because somewhere, he knew she was his daughter.

"He treated me like I was his daughter." She said, exasperated and in a bit of shock. The fact that he knew all along and she didn't. She stared at Forseti with a apologizing look. The man didn't obviously hate her and she didn't hate him. She felt rather bad that he had to hear her say that.

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Idunn Gunnar
The Freyr's Personal Giant

User Image
Idunn smiled as Vergil accepted the challenge by drinking from one of mugs, and finished it himself. This was going to be a good night. Idunn then grabbed the two other mugs on his side, deciding to take this to another level, and then downed one in about 12 seconds. Then finished the other one after it in about 16 seconds, not even taking a break to breath. The giant assassin then slammed both mugs into the table and took a large breath of air, some of the ale slid down his mouth. "Thats what I call a drink! You bring us more, this contest will not end so easily" Idunn said and pointed to a random Skirnir, he then ran off to collect more mugs of ale.

"So Vergil do you really think you can compete with the man of the Gunnar! A former cheiftan on top of that as well! Your truly are a bold one! But I like that about you, boldness is a good trait!" Idunn said, and smiled broadly. In reality Idunn didn't care about winning or losing, he was just in for the challenge and to get drunk. Still it would be interesting to see how Vergil would hold out against the giant. Vergil wasn't a small man by any standard, but Idunn always had the size advantage in these kind of challenges.

Tipsy Detective

{{ℱorseti Gliden}}

User Image
Forseti frowned with worry when he watched Kailani's expression change from worry to apologetic while clenching her sheets. From her response and the way she looked at him seemed that she realized that Balder treated her like a daughter and she was unaware of it. Through his own experience it was hard to even imagine the kind of confusion and mixed feelings she was going through. Something the naive Knight of Magni couldn't understand even if he tried.

"It's alright. I'm not judging you at all."He smiled softly, assuring Kailani that it was alright. It was confusing the fact that the Lord did not tell her at all. Yet he showed signs of being fatherly to the young girl. Bounds through blood work in weird ways, even when she was unaware of it. It just didn't seem fair that Balder Rune kept this information from her. Then the curious blue hooded man asked.

"How does he treat the other assassins?" Since Forseti knew the relation between Kailani and the Lord of Fenrir, he was curious of how differently he treated his subordinates. Then he thought of another question that lead back to her and her father's relationship.

"Did you think of him as a Father figure before ever realizing this?" Thinking about the Fatherly way he treated her made Forseti wonder if she thought of him as a Father figure or just as a her Lord.

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Landon R. Haggard
The Future Lord of the Fenrir

User Image

Landon frowned at Sleipnir who was still obviously looking down at him like he was a simple child. "Balder Rune needs to be taken out of power, I don't disagree. What I disagree with is your method! If you truly believe in the Freyr, Raayvn could have challenged him one on one to a fight. Instead of trying to gang up on him with you and Oriane. Still that's acceptable, but then when he forces you to fight your comrades, the people you claim to be trying to save, you kill them. Surely assassins of your skill level didn't need to go for the kill, you could have used the flat end of your sword or just wounded them. You were obviously superior. Even I manged to take two out, but only knocked them out. Yeah I was on your side at the beginning, ask Oriane if you don't believe me" The white haired Skirnir said. Now he was trying more to reason with Sleipnir then just throw ideals at him. Still his fiercely determined look never left his eyes.

"Then you join the templars, the enemy of the Freyr and the thing your claiming to save! How can anyone possibly see you as trying to help the assassins! Explain that to me. You claim to be wanting to help the Freyr, but all your actions are so far is the opposite! " Landon finally finished, and continued with look of pure determination. Not backing down one centimeter from Sliepnir, regardless if he could cut him down or not.

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Kailani Rune

"I will be the best."

Kailani kept quiet, staring down at the sheets now. She tried to remember when he had ever seemed mean to her, and he hadn't. That's why she gained such a respect for him. That's why she got stronger. She glanced up to him when he smiled and told her he wasn't judging her. She stared for a moment, trying to figure out if he was lying at all, but he wasn't.

When he asked the next question, a frown came to her lips and she remembered what Aurora had showed everyone. "...He wasn't nice to them." She said, frowning a little more. "He treated them as his rival." Kailani wasn't sure if she should be telling him all of this. Technically, this was an interrogation, but it didn't really feel like one. She felt like he was just curious.

The seventeen year old began to think of her answers before spilling them out. She would answer truthfully if it was about her, but if the topics fell to Raavyn, Aurora or anyone else, she would do her best to lie. "Yes, I saw him as a Father figure. I saw everyone as my family." She still did.

Tipsy Detective

{{ℱorseti Gliden}}

User Image
Kailani stared at the sheets then stared back at Forseti. When he smiled and assured her he wasn't judging her, the rookie knight was unable to read her reaction. Soon she frowned at his first question. When the green eyed girl replied, she frowned even more. The Lord seemed to be favorable of Kailani. Automatically assuming that it was because she was the offspring of the Lord, treating the other assassins around him as his enemy as the brown haired girl stated. Yet the thought of her being uninformed about being the Lord's child bothered him even more the more he delved into the interrogation.

"I see.." Forseti paused and lightly nodded. Slowly taking in all the details as she spoke. As Kailani answered his next question, she added that she saw everyone as her family. Feeling close to each member of the Freyr. She must have friends among these assassins, including the four former assassins that joined the Templar. Without a doubt she was a member of the Freyr. At first he was skeptical of the possibility but the more he learned the less he denied it being impossible.

"A family, huh.. So they are all special to you?" Forseti smiled once more. Even if the group was filled with criminals, the naive raven haired man was touched by the feeling. The thought of the five assassins popped up and he added. "What about those four people that came to the Palace with you, and the white haired boy? What can you tell me about them?" What was her relation with them like? Thinking of Kailani's statement of the Freyr being her family he wanted to know what kind of people they were and how she felt about them. Perhaps they were included in this family of hers. Then he asked.

"How does the Freyr work?" For the sake of curiosity, the foreigner had to know what the assassins were all about. All he knew was they were assassins. Obviously they killed people. But for what cause? Money? Fame? Power? Glory? Justice? Religion? He hoped to get a little more insight on what the Freyr is and what they represent. Certainly there was more to this notorious group then just killing if the Temple of Yggdrasil sees it as a large threat.

spartan_073's Waifu

Beloved Lunatic

12,525 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Kailani Rune

"I will be the best."

Kailani paused. The man made her feel like she wasn't an enemy anymore and she fell for it. He was an enemy to her people and yet, she was speaking about all of the secrets of the assassins. Her stomach churned and she gripped the sheets. She couldn't say anymore. If they were questions about her, it was fine, but everyone else was not something she should say.

Then he had mentioned Aurora, Raavyn, Sleipnir, Oriane, and the white haired boy. That's right! Landon was still in the cells. He was still in danger, and even if the other four weren't, he was. "L-Landon." She said, correcting him so that Landon's name wouldn't be forever engraved as the 'white haired boy.' "Is he alright? Can I see him?" She began to sit up more, as if acting like her wounds never bothered her to begin with. Her worry and anticipation to hear if Landon was alright made her completely ignore Forseti's question about the others. She didn't want to tell him anyway.

Rue S Cross's Datemate

Wheezing Waffles

4,725 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
◊Vanna◊Chalott◊
Knight of Odin of the Templars of Yggdrasil
Wake me up, wake me up when all is done,
I won't rise until this battle's won,
My dignity's become undone,
But I won't go,
I can't do it on my own,
If this ain't love, then what is?
I'm willing to take the risk.

User Image

Vanna followed the two men into the room, and looked to Lady Valhalla with a smile before bowing to her. "My Lady, I hope you are doing well." She still felt the anger towards Leon. He was far too brash, he would slaughter any innocent he could to get his way. Why had she even been worried about him before? At that very moment he disgusted her, but she was far better at keeping her face relaxed than the other Odin. Her gaze swept between Leon and Lady Valhalla as they spoke, and her eyes widened as it was said Froy should execute the girl. Her eyes darted to Froy, and she caught the look of uneasiness on his face. Taking a deep breath, the brunette Odin took a step forward, and piped up.

"Lady Valhalla, though I respect my Master, I disagree entirely." She looked at the Lady, and her gaze was locked on her. "This girl had no knowledge of her ancestry, that her father was Balder Rune. She is young, perhaps in her mid-teenage years. I was once from a heretic family, and I repented. If we are planning on killing an innocent girl just because of her blood, you might as well kill many of your Templars, most have converted from bad bloodlines. The Gods are the judges, not Sir Leon or Froy's vengence." She then motioned towards Froy. "Even he seems unsure of slaying the girl, the uneasiness in his eyes gives it away." Looking back to the Lady, she frowned. "The Templar are the Light, to kill an innocent girl in hopes of maybe sparking Balder Rune to attack is ridiculous. Enough have died today, and who says she is his only child? What if there are more of his kin, unknowing of their father? Will we kill all of them as well?" She crossed her arms, and shook her head. "The assassins are already crawling to us, this girl's death would do little. Balder Rune has already been shown to be mad, he will come to us without the girl's death." She then looked to Leon, her expression indifferent before she looked to Lady Valhalla.

"To kill her is not justice, my Lady. Let Froy slay Balder Rune if he wants his vengence, not a girl who had absolutely no part in it. This plan is not what the Gods teach us."

Kaylee-chan's Husbando

Distinct Seeker

Leon Mando
The Prince Who Became a Knight

User Image

Leon smirked at Vanna's response, it was quite predictable and he had some time to come up with a counter point. "I think your forgetting some vital my beautiful Vanna, she's an assassin and our enemy, not some innocent girl who was a by standard. Her company is proof enough of that. Besides letting Raayvn's group repent after saving our Lady's life is one thing, but she is our enemy and probably has killed our brothers before, and done nothing worthy of repaying those sins. Her blood just makes her all that much more dangerous and a useful hostage. Not to mention I haven't heard her say anything about wanting to repent, have you? We can't keep showing so much lenience to the Freyr, we are at war. I'm starting to feel like a village fool for having to keep repeating that so often" the knight of Frigg said, his eye sight never leaving Valhalla, since she was the one who needed to be convinced. Though he turned to see Froy was shaking a bit, god damn the knight of Odin was now making him look bad. Bringing his was a mistake obviously, and Leon was now regretting it.

"Look, the supporters and the daughter of Balder Rune are part of the Freyr, they haven't repented and cost the lives of our loyal knights. We can't keep forgiving their sins like they just spilled some food at the dinner table. The people will see it as weakness, especially after this attack. They'll start thinking the templars are nothing but push overs, who will forgive any sinner if they ask nicely enough" The desert prince said, and knew Vanna was most likely hating his guts right about now anyways. He was still going to put her up for promotion all the same, so their relationship would be coming to an end anyways. Not like she'd bother with him after she was free of his servitude anyways. That stung a bit, Leon never liked rejection, especially by a women.

Rue S Cross's Datemate

Wheezing Waffles

4,725 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
◊Vanna◊Chalott◊
Knight of Odin of the Templars of Yggdrasil
Wake me up, wake me up when all is done,
I won't rise until this battle's won,
My dignity's become undone,
But I won't go,
I can't do it on my own,
If this ain't love, then what is?
I'm willing to take the risk.

User Image

Vanna looked to Leon, and her eyes narrowed. "And she has been unconscious until Froy came running to you, hoping you would be the answer to his prayers of vengence. Has she even had time to repent? From what her friend has told me, they left Balder Rune, just as the others have. If anything, use her as bait for Balder Rune, while alive. What use is she dead?" She looked at Leon long and hard, and she bristled. "How many women have you brought to your bed, master? I doubt many of them were devout Templars. You might have even bed an assassin without knowing it, they are deceptive. And yet you want a young girl's head? She came to us on sanctuary, it is blasphemy to kill her! It is dishonorable to the Gods! You just want your plan to follow through to boost your ego, regardless of the unnecessary casualties that will come with it!" She looked to Valhalla, and there was a fire in her gaze.

"If you wish to act on plans of vengence, or on a small hope that her death will bring Balder Rune from his hiding place...you are forsaking everything the Templar represent. We do not need to kill children to show we are strong, that is what assassins do."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff