Welcome to Gaia! ::

What's your RP pet peeve?

Absentee partner who posts in every RP except the one you're in 0.37226277372263 37.2% [ 51 ]
Ignoring of posts 0.08029197080292 8.0% [ 11 ]
Sending PM - OP goes offline 0.058394160583942 5.8% [ 8 ]
Sends PM - OP steals character 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Stolen layouts 0.029197080291971 2.9% [ 4 ]
RP I really, really like dies in 2 days 0.21167883211679 21.2% [ 29 ]
RP I really, really hate lives forever 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Super controlling OP 0.036496350364964 3.6% [ 5 ]
Mary Sues. Mary Sues...EVERYWHERE. 0.13868613138686 13.9% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 137 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Familiar Fatcat

User Image
            tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab THIS IS A BATTLE SONG, BROTHERS AND SISTERS - TIME TO GO TO WAR!

User Imagecreated by unrelated note
            semi-literate to literate role play
            currently closed - to be reopened during summer
            this is a fantasy, arranged marriage, action / adventure, civil war genre based RP
            inspired by an idea I had while in another arranged marriage RP.

User Image tab User Image tab User Image tab User Image

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

THERE ONCE WERE THREE KINGDOMS of this great land, and as all had predicted, these kingdoms had gone to war. Imperialistic ways had tarnished the minds of the individuals who had ruled over the third kingdom; a land which held many rock and ruin and industry, but no hope of life. They had taken the soil of the second kingdom, who had been as fertile as the legend of Eden. With this stolen land, were stolen people; men, women, children, livestock, and resources had been seized and abused. These actions had angered the Queen and King of this land, as well as appall the commoner's of the second kingdom's city. The third kingdom's King and Queen had been so docile, so content with their area - what had caused such a dramatic and violent change? After the second kindgom's King and Queen's demands of removing the third kingdom's soldiers from their soil had been ignored, the second kingdom ruler's had declared war, then turned toward it's ally: the first kingdom.

The first kingdom belonged to a land of sheer, unthinkable power. Wealth in gold and jewelry and entertainment, along with the most rigorously trained military, the first kingdom was the place the other kingdom's both praised and was made wary of. When the first kingdom's King and Queen were made aware by the third kingdom's actions and the second kingdom's plea for assistance, the first kingdom was put in a difficult position. While the second kingdom had always been the closest to the first, in both geographical location and partnership, the third was a reliable source of the first kingdom's attainment of jewelry - diamond and gold, along with all the minerals for building the city, improvements on the castle, on top of being a provider for staving off the harsh winter conditions with a steady supply of coal to feed endless fires for decades.

The first kingdom had chosen to remain neutral, only giving supplies to the second kingdom if it ran low.

Feeling betrayed, the second kingdom turned to the war on their own - and the third kingdom was winning. With being mostly of industry wares, the third kingdom assaulted the second from sea, sky, and land. Great dreadnoughts tore through remote villages and upturned entire cities, fire-belching machines razed valleys from the skies, and cross-bred beasts that should have only existed in nightmares demolished naval frontiers.

Astonished by the third kingdom's power, the first kingdom, for the first couple months of war, began to feel threatened. If the third was after power, what would stop it from dominating the first kingdom - and with the advantage of more land claim, the battle would have been hopeless. Once again pleaded by the second kingdom, the first kingdom stepped into the war. Doubling their strength, the two kingdom's decimated the third.

There had been peace. . . until talk about who would take the loser's land began.

At first, it had been diplomatic: the two kingdom's split the land evenly, sharing different halves. That was, until the second kingdom had noticed their half was lower on resources, and they would have to depend on the first kingdom for everything. After the war, the second kingdom had became more independent, and as such the thought of being dependent on another was degrading. The two King's and Queen's discussed ownership of the once third-kingdom's land - the second asking for more land - but the first digressed. More land would mean less for the first kingdom, and they believed that if that were allowed, the second would become more greedy until it controlled the land totally, outnumbering the first.

It had gone like this for years until the second had done the same as the third - began taking land.

It sparked yet another war, one which had nearly eradicated both kingdom's as they had became evenly matched over the decades.

To settle their differences, the first kingdom had offered up their son's for a peace-keeping marriage with the second kingdom. The second kingdom, who had secretly yearned for the peacetime it had once had with its ally, agreed to offer their daughter's. A treaty will be signed once the marriage ceremony of both kingdom's have been complete.

However, not everyone wants this peace. People of both lands have complained and, in some instances, rioted against this action. They hated the opposite kingdom's, to the point where they would rather see each and every last person slaughtered than let the King's and Queen's precious children marry the enemy. Though after a public announcement, both King's had made it clear that their word was final: their children shall marry, and the nations will be at peace. Some individuals have made more noise about this than others.

An assassination group had been formed.

Proof of their existence had been made after the second kingdom's youngest daughter's carriage had been assaulted while out on an afternoon drive. A group of assassins had murdered the driver, horse, and had been about to climb into the carriage to kidnap the princess for ransom to force the second kingdom's King into destroying the peace treaty with the first kingdom, until the guards who had been with her executed each of them. Fleeing back to the kingdom with the princess, the guards had told what had happened.

Alerted to each of the kingdom's assassination threat, the first kingdom assigned the Royal Guard, one of the most skilled protectors of the land, to each of their sons, before sending an equal amount of protection out toward the second kingdom's daughters.

Now tension wrought's the nations.

What will happen? Will the assassin's successfully get their goal of causing war and utter chaos and destruction, or will the Royal Guard stop them by keeping the royal children safe? Will the princesses and prince's marry, or will they crack under pressure and flee? Can the two kingdom's maintain a brittle peace or will they erupt into another bloody war?

The story is now up to you.

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

User Image

❝THERE IS MORE MAGIC IN OUR WORLD than what has been seen and told through stories in the human race. It has been proven that our bedtime stories can be real, and that there are things that go bump in the night. Parts of the world is inhabited by these creatures - these things that we had once believed were story book characters - though after the ungodly beasts that had been revealed after the third kingdom attacked, it has been proven undoubtedly that these monsters walk among us. The most we can do is try to avoid them to the best of our abilities.❞

User Image
                      THE MIDNIGHT CASTLE
                      There is a small city that is perched on the top of a mountain in a snowy, white abyss. Traveler's who approach this city during the daylight hours will find nothing but ice and ruin. However, those brave - and daft - enough to approach the same area during the pitch black midnight hour will discover the city in full bloom. There are shops and blacksmith ports, trade stations and markets, along with pubs, inns, and churches - though, there are no people. The city is barren and silence except for the howling scream of the arctic wind snapping through its streets. Buildings are cold and bland. There's close to no food. At the top of this city is a vast, stupendous castle made of an ornate material; one that almost looks as if it were gold or bronze. Its lights glow with the same inviting aura, and the ghostly, beautiful sound of music and mouth-watering aroma of food floats in its air - but it has been forbidden, at all costs, to approach the castle. The Kings of both the second and first kingdom had agreed to make the Midnight Castle's city a place to hide their children, if the threat of assassinating terrorists proves too large to be contained in their own nations. There, if the hiding goes to plan, the royals and their Guards will emerge a day before the marriage to cross into the next city-nation over to have the royal children wed.

User Image
                      THE RUINED NATION: THE THIRD KINGDOM
                      Who would dare visit here? Among the fallen pillars that had once sustained a mighty castle, now rubble and ash overrun with moss. The ground swollen and muddy, threatening to sink a man. Proof of deceased soldiers and demolished homes still lingering like the tombstones of the past. This is the fallen nation; the ruined nation - the third kingdom. In some areas, it can still be determined where the second and first kingdom's attempted to claim this land as their own - the second nation's futile attempt at growing and harvesting crops, and the first nation's struggle with maintaining its ornate and delicate structures. Now that both are in disrepair, the entire nation is even less than what it used to be. But what is this talk about smoke signals in the red-skied evenings? About shadowy figures darting from place to place? Is this ruined nation all as inhabited as it's been rumored?

User Image
                      THE FIRST KINGDOM
                      Welcome, welcome, to the first kingdom! Where lights glow warm enough to keep you toasty in your tailored clothes, and there never ceases to be a moment of merriment! Riches and grandeur are one of the many things that the first kingdom holds in its tight grasp. Sprawling, colorful cities stretch for miles of that the eye can see, and towering above it all would be the royal castle. Be cautious, however. There are tales of men who can conjure magic in the blink of an eye within these streets.

User Image
                      THE SECOND KINGDOM
                      Welcome to the second kingdom - a place where magic meets scientific innovation and nature. The second kingdom had once been a peaceful place, blooming with plantlife for all to dwell in - until the war had happened. Since then, the King and Queen of the second kingdom had become aware of the weakness of having too much nature, and not enough development of the kingdom; therefore causing an almost spontaneous change. To begin with, the second kingdom has become more independent; there's a brazen attitude in the air, challenging the weak. Second would have been the industry. After coming face to face with the terrors of the third nation's abilities, the second nation has decided to up it's own game: through the creation of flying machines which run on steam and, more secretly, magic; carriages that can move without the use of horses, much more quickly to a destination; and then there are the innovations made everyday by the townspeople. There are rumors that the second kingdom has even accomplished the impossible - fabricated animals, who can assist their society more than any slave has done in the past. Talking animals, and animals that can memorize or record, then repeat what has been recorded, are more frequent by the day as spies now that the threat of assassins loom.

User Image

CITY OF EMBER
                      This is where most of the magical creatures are rumored to mill and hide from the human world. Not many know of its existence, or if they do know, they refuse to travel there often unless for extreme circumstances. The City of Ember is a world purely of magic and mystery.

User Image
                      THE VERGE OF THE WORLD
                      The verge of our world, the human world, at least. The Verge isn't truly the Verge of the planet, yet it sometimes feels that way. A mountainous place with steep drops and masses of forestry, it is simple to get lost within it's depths - which is why it probably belongs to the first kingdom. Not only does it have it's...inhabitants, creatures which are beyond the mind's very imagination, but it's almost endless span, in order to make up for the amount of non-magical activity happening within its walls.

User Image
                      CORAL CITY'S MONASTARY
                      The next city over from the Midnight Castle, Coral City belongs to the second kingdom's nation.It's monastary, a quiet and beautiful church, is where the royal children are to wed - quickly and quietly, if not for their own safety - once the day for the arranged marriage to be solidified comes.

User Image
                      APHRODITE'S LAGOON
                      Where people go to relax and dip their feet or swim in the pristine blue waters. There's nothing much beyond that. Aphrodite's Lagoon is a place of relaxation; a beach, basically. As long as you don't wade too deeply into the waters and drown, or be run over by a passing boat, or accidentally stab your foot with one of the paralyzing urchins in the water (which someone would have to urinate on your foot to cure...gross, sorry, gross), you'll be fiine.

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

⒈ Follow TOS. Follow it like you follow someone on Twitter or Tumblr or stalk your ex on Facebook or in real life.

⒉Literacy is a must. Please, at least three paragraphs. If you've got writer's block, I can understand that - but avoid the one liners. Push the RP forward! Give someone something to respond to.

⒊There's these little things that you can hear echo in the writing community of the world: Godmodding and Mary Sue's. You cannot look into one RP and not see in the rule's section "NO GODMODDING OR MARY SUE'S" - unless you just make an RP without this rule to spite me. Godmodding, for those who don't know, is when you control someone's character that isn't your own. Mary Sue's / Gary Stu's are characters who are, in every shape and form, perfection. No flaws, no faults, nothing. Mary Sue's and Gary Stu's are characters that are always beautiful, undefeated, everyone loves them - even the bad guys - and they've got a dozen powers coming out the wazoo -- oh, not to mention, they're the masters / leaders / rulers of these powers at teenage years. I'm just making this up as I go along, I'm sure people have a more detailed description of a Mary / Gary, but the point is: they're boring, and if you look at my poll, you can see that a majority of people do not like them very much.

⒋ Pretty posts? Optional. Just have a name, picture, and text - or, if you feel artistic, decorate. Either way is fine for me.

⒌Inactivity. Warn me if you're going away for a while through PM, and I'll post it OOC as well as IC in the Players section to announce it to others. If you're inactive suddenly, without warning for a period of time, though there is proof that you've been posting in other threads during that absence, you'll first be sent a PM questioning your attentiveness to the RP. If you say that you're no longer interested - no problem, you'll be booted and your character replaced. Simple as that.

⒍Reserves are to be posted OOC. Profiles are sent to me with the name of your character, along with the title of a song. For example: "HONEY BOO BOO: THE YOUNGEST PRINCESS - HURPADERP SONG" Characters appearances are to be anime, please! [[thanks for reminding me, Puri! ]] Maximum limit of characters is 2. [[thanks hey miss girl for the help and reminder! ]] Also, character reserve holding has been limited now to only two - three days. Wait for your reserves and profiles to be accepted by me, unrelated note, before posting the profile in the profile thread or sending in the profile, please. I know that it might be a bit of a painful thing, since I myself can get a bit antsy at times when waiting, though it's a busy week for most people. I assure you, though, that I'll try to get back and respond to you as soon as possible. c:

⒎ If your character is planning to do the dirty deed, time skip it. Nobody wants to read that - why do I even have to create this rule?

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

User Image

RESERVES

[size=24][b]「♚」 [/b]》》[THE ROLE CHOSEN HERE] has been taken[i]![/i][/size]
                      :tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab:[img]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/100x100_zps419c5dc7.jpg[/img]:tab:[img]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/100x100_zps419c5dc7.jpg[/img]:tab:[img]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/100x100_zps419c5dc7.jpg[/img]
                      :tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab::tab:[size=18][url=URL of full anime image of character]✱[/url] [username][/size]

PROFILES
                      [align=center][img]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/PROFILE_zpsecef8e3a.jpg[/img]
                      [size=24]「♚」'TILL DEATH DO US PART, MY DEAR[/size]
                      [size=11.4][b]THE [ADJECTIVE] PRINCE / PRINCESS / GUARD / ASSASSIN [/b][/size][/align]

[imgleft]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/WhiteBackground_Adjustable_zps0f24c7cf.jpg[/imgleft]
                      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list]N[u]ame ⇘⇘[/u]
                      :tab::tab:name hur

A[u]ge ⇘⇘[/u]
                      :tab::tab:your charries [strike]oldness[/strike] age hur

G[u]ender ⇘⇘[/u]
                      :tab::tab:boy or girl hur

B[u]iography ⇘⇘ [/u]
                      :tab::tab:biography hur - at least two or three paragraphs. No one-liners.

P[u]erson to marry (prince's choice, princesses delete), guard (Royal Guard), or kill (assassin) ⇘⇘[/u]
                      :tab::tab:name of charrie's waifu, person to guard, or target hur

D[u]esires ⇘⇘[/u]: list likes - minimum is three
                      :tab::tab:things that make your charrie go "me gusta" hur

L[u]oathes ⇘⇘[/u]: list hates - minimum is three
                      :tab::tab: your charries hates hur

S[u]ecrets ⇘⇘[/u]
                      :tab::tab:your charries bootiful secrets hur

[b]username here[/b]
                      [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

THE MONARCHICAL PRINCES
                      Oldest: taken - Heavendove
                      User Image

second oldest - taken: gataki_xx
                      User Image

middle - taken: GeekyFreak
                      User Image

second youngest - taken: unrelated note
                      User Image

youngest - taken: water_gardian_Umi
                      User Image

THE MONARCHICAL PRINCESSES
                      Oldest: taken - purinsesu natsumi
                      User Image

second oldest: reserved - Beastly Invasion
                      User Image

middle - taken: m4rck3tte
                      User Image

second youngest - taken: Temari Twin
                      User Image

youngest - taken: aquavanillacake
                      User Image

THE ROYAL GUARD
                      the princes guards

User Image

Guardian of second oldest: taken - aerean94
                      User Image

Guardian of middle - taken: JadeToniRitsa
                      User Image

Guardian of second youngest
                      User Image

Guardian of youngest - taken: Thyme101493
                      User Image

the princesses guards
                      Guardian of Oldest: taken - Date Karasumori
                      User Image

Guardian of second oldest
                      User Image

Guardian of middle : taken: Synix4
                      User Image

Guardian of second youngest : reserved -KennethPhoenix18
                      User Image

Guardian of youngest- reserved: Loveless010
                      User Image

THE ASSASSINS
                      the princes assassin's

Assassin for Oldest - taken: water_gardian_Umi
                      User Image

Assassin for second oldest - taken: purinsesu natsumi
                      User Image

Assassin for middle
                      User Image

Assassin for second youngest
                      User Image

Assassin for youngest - reserved: aquavanillacake
                      User Image

the princesses assassin's

Assassin for Oldest - reserved: JadeToniRitsa
                      User Image

Assassin for second oldest: taken - ashurii_chan1123
                      User Image

Assassin for middle: taken - gataki_xx
                      User Image

Assassin for second youngest
                      User Image

Assassin for youngest- reserved: Synix4
                      User Image

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

User Image

AUGUST
                  o1 o2 o3 o4 o5 o6 o7
                  o8 o9 1o 11 12 13 14
                  15 16 17 18 19 20* 21
                  22 23 24 25 26 27 28
                  29 30 31 o1 o2 o3 o4

time :: morning | afternoon | evening | night | midnight

weather: warm, sunny clear skies

AUGUST O2: The day where the royal children are to begin their packing and prepare themselves for three things: the first introduction of their individual Royal Guard, the person who is to serve and protect them from harm of the assassin's, any weaponry given to the princes and princesses needed to keep on themselves in the case of extra reassuring (the King's and Queens are worried as any parents would be), and finally to meet their future husbands and wives. The princes are to be travelling across the country toward the second kingdom to meet the princesses. After the mishap with the youngest princess, the King is reluctant to let his daughter leave the castle very far. Once the princes have arrived, there is a tour of the castle, formal introductory feast and entertainment, then time is left for the princes, princesses, and Guard's to themselves. Don't let your defense down, however. The assassin's could be anywhere. . . perhaps even posing as staff within the castle itself.

AUGUST 20TH : An important date indeed, as that had been the agreed upon day that the two nations royal children are to wed their future husbands and wives to put an end toward the tension of war. This date cannot be altered due to the fact that the writer of the treaty must take great task in completing the written documents to end all hostilities between both nations, as well as the fact that there must be certain blessings placed on the paper in order to make this treaty so happen.

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

User Image

This is where I, the currently unrelated note, will put the status of writers / RPers of this thread up in case they just so happen to poof. You know, go out on a vacation, get grounded for a week - that sort of update to warn both the partner that they're writing with, along with the rest of the group to see who this affects and maybe integrate some action with the person left. I suggest, if you're leaving for a period of time and your character is somewhere, to have them do something that separates them from the other character / group for a bit. You could have your character suddenly taken out by a sleeping dart, for instance, thrown by an NPC assassin (or just a crazy old peasant) and pass out - that'll give someone something to reply to and at the same time move your character out of commission.

Familiar Fatcat

Familiar Fatcat

User Image

User Image

AFFILIATES:

This is the generic link-in, link-out to other RPs and threads. Check these guys out - they're the bomb. c: If you're really into the RP and anxious for it to start, or if you'd like to support this thread, which is very much appreciated, you can use this banner made by water_gardian_Umi.

User Image
            [quote="water_gardian_Umi"][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/oa/t.84043879/][img]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m198/Hekaru_Stren/Till_zps2910e4bc.jpg[/img][/url]

Here is a secondary banner made by unrelated note.

User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/oa/t.84043879/?action=viewResult][IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m527/mindheist23/unrelated note/PixivId43197416001370955_zps5dc59ff9.jpg[/IMG][/url]

LINKS OUT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/university-school-roleplay/t.79466019/][img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/Neonic_Dragon/Gaia/mfhsadbanner.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-town/u-c-the-nightingale-hunt/t.83940999/][img]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h13/elementdewdrop/TallesO-Sketch4-small_zps105b085a.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/art-shops/t.84085067/][IMG]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w39/Neonic_Dragon/Gaia/Purple Papilonoidae/purple_banner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Familiar Fatcat

Familiar Fatcat

Familiar Fatcat

Familiar Fatcat

Familiar Fatcat

Familiar Fatcat

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers