Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

βɍɵҟεɳ Ҟɩɳɕɗɵɱʂ

The once proud Kingdoms of Arlen have fallen and been remade by the labors of War. For centuries, the land was torn; her people tortured; races destroyed. Yet the rise of unsuspected Heroes overcame the engulfing shadow and peace was restored to the World. Yet the scars left behind from bitter, unrelenting, hate has left the land divided. Only a volatile truce holds the world together.

The Race of Man, with their unpredictable mortal lives, is hardly welcome. The Elves of the Woodlands have become less wise. The lasting aftermath of war has weakened their magic and affinity to the spirits they protect. Angels, Demons, Halfbloods, Demikin have begun to fade into shadows of what they once were. The World, it seems, has suffered from a wound that has long bled while whispers of a growing darkness begin to travel down the mountains. Several of the World’s leaders choose ignorance. The powerful communication that had once salvaged their lands is now severed over minor quarrels.

Yet the efforts of a young King from the Realm of Man have begun to honor old alliances. His call for cooperation and acceptance echoed throughout the lands- whether or not it was heard. The world is once again changing. The fate of Arlen lies upon those who will rise. Though perhaps, it is already too late. For something which was once dormant may at last destroy this dying World.

How it ends will be, and has always been up to you..

Calender year 809:

Fall: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Winter: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Spring: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30

Summer: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
WELCOME

Hello everyone! Thanks for checking in on this roleplay. Broken Kingdoms is a fantasy-themed RP for semi-lit to lit role players (I only really say that because it takes a little bit of reading to get started. Totally worth it in the end though).

I honestly encourage you to make this story your own! I only have an idea of how it all starts. where it goes from here is entirely up to you. So have fun with it! I'm always up for story discussions!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have. I'll do my best to answer them for you. So get comfortable as we travel back into the Land of Arlen!

checklist:
prologue
welcome & announcements

how to join
rules
library
characters
event battles
monster generation and quests
FAQs
Map of the World
Story thus far
OOC thread

ANNOUNCEMENTS
1.27.14. Creation begins
1.28.14. OPEN AND ACCEPTING!!
1.28.14. Welcome Volivia!
1.29.14. Welcome Hufflepuffychan!
1.29.14. Welcome DCronos!
1.29.14. SUMMARY updated
HOW TO JOIN

STEP 1: I hope to make this as simple as possible. Get creative with your characters! There are very little limitations (just don't ask to be some immortal all-powerful all-knowing god and you should be alright!). I'll have a couple premade characters available, so you can either claim one or fill out the following profile for your character:

Name:
Ancestry:
Class: (Cleric, Magician, Warrior, etc)
Bio: (try to keep it short and sweet please :). You can get into the details when you RP)
Appearance:

please send this information through PM.

SUGGESTED MAIN CHARACTERS (of course not a requirement)
- Halfling/Demikin Lords
- Lords of Valcia

STEP 2: Once accepted, I will ask you to roll a few dice in the OOC THREAD to make up your character's base stats! Yes, they will inflate the more active you are in the RP! I have a battle system installed to settle altercations but it is not mandatory that you use it! It's for entertainment purposes really :] !

Every warrior starts out with a base HP= action: random number 40-60
Attack+ (1: 4-sided dice)
Defense+ (1: 4-sided dice)

Every magic user starts out with a base HP= action: random number 30-50
Magic+ (1: 4-sided dice)
Adept+ (1: 4-sided dice)

Every healer starts out with a base HP= action: random number 30-50
Heal+ (1: 10-sided dice)

Once you're accepted, we will roll for your base player stats on the OOC thread below!
Teleport me to the OOC thread!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guards (any race)
HP:15

Civilians (any race)
HP:2

STEP 3: You are in, Congrats! If you have any questions, please let me know! Also, if you've read this far you might as well join already xD!
THREAD RULES

1. I think you all know what is acceptable for a public thread, so... don't be difficult
2. Limit OOC comments. Go to the OOC Thread to hang out!
3. I am rather accommodating, but worst comes to worst, my word is final!
4. Have fun! We're all friends here!
5. Make friends because of rule 4 stating that we're all friends ^___^
~LIBRARY~

The ruins of a once proud structure is ahead of you. It has been a long journey already, and rations have become low. Perhaps there is a mess hall with stored food, or even perhaps a wine cellar. Upon entry, you find that the ruins are much like everywhere else you have traveled- looted and forgotten. A frustration boils over you, but it would be a waste of time and energy to get angry. The sun has set and the night brings upon unknown terrors. Thus you decide to rest until morn.
You sit on the paved floor and lean back along a partial wall. Your hands brush up against the feel of leather. It is a book among the few not yet destroyed.

BOOK OF BATTLE: A Guide to the Battle System
Chapter 1: Attacking and Defending
Chapter 2: Character Attributes
Chapter 3: Sparring and Healing
Chapter 4: Magic
Chapter 5: Magic Attributes

THE HISTORY OF MADORA
Chapter 1: Not Your Everyday Love Story
Chapter 2: The Rise and Fall of Madora
Chapter 3: The Story of Leryn
Chapter 4: The Restoration of Hope

THE REALM OF FAER
Chapter 1: The Story of Sin
Chapter 2: Ellor and The Discovery of Aies Sedai
Chapter 3: The Fall of the Galancians

THE DARK ALLEGIANCE: A Shift in Power
Chapter 1: The Right of Man
Chapter 2: Challenging the Gods
Chapter 3: The Exile of Nagendra
Chapter 4: The Rise of Azazel

THE BOOK OF GUARDIANS
Chapter 1: Apophis, The Blue Giant
Chapter 2: Ormarr of the Mountains
Chapter 3: Lyndi, The Beautiful
Chapter 4: Prism, Daughter of the Goddess
Chapter 5: Tanith, The Dragon King

~ CHARACTERS ~

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser Image

User Image
~EVENT BATTLE RULES~

There will be scenarios in the thread known as EVENT BATTLES. The title is somewhat self-explanatory. Instead of fighting any particular subject, those participating battle a particular "event". The rules of battle remain the same, and the event will be treated as one would treat a regular enemy. The only thing that is different is what is written in each participants posts.

The most common EVENT will be territorial battles. The entire invading force with be given a certain value that is similar to health. The object of the battle is to cause enough damage to deplete the value to 0. If that goal is reached, then the event will be considered victorious.

Like regular battles the maximum number of attack dice that you may roll is '2'. However, if you decide to roll 2 attacks, expect to receive 2 attacks in return. REMEMBER this is not any particular target. This is a measure of progress in events. You may get creative in your posts considering the events happening around your character. And even more creative should damage be dealt to your character.

For example: your character may be holding the line of invading demons. Simply describing the fight at your characters vantage point constitutes as your character's attack dice. The resistance your character receives, as you describe it as well, represents the defense dice and any damage you may take. Get creative and have fun with it! Just remember that an EVENT's health does not represent one creature or entity.

KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE STATUS OF THE EVENT. IT WILL CHANGE according to certain advantages and disadvantages. To put it simply, the stat bonuses are subject to sudden change. the event could start at atk+1/defese+1 and shift to atk+4/defense+2 depending on tactical strategies.

QUESTS AND MONSTER GENERATION
Alright, so I obviously do not want to restrict any of your plans and such with the role play. I encourage you all making your own quests and such because that’s when it gets really fun! Just thought I’d make some guidelines so we’re all on the same page here.

QUESTS
If you are interested in doing some kind of story arc either related to the main plot or not, here are some things you should think about.

-Where is this gonna happen?
-Does it make sense for it to happen here?
-what kind of monsters will they encounter?
-boss battle? Or no boss battle?
-is there anything else that might need explaining?

If you can answer these, then you are on the right track. If you can’t then message me and I can help you along. I honestly don’t restrict much. I’m just trying to make things fair.

MONSTER GENERATION
Everyone can do this. I just want to stress that monster generation IS NOT something to use for your own character’s advantage. They are mostly just for fun and experience, and really you don’t need to officially roll dice to have monsters attack.
-Remember to really consider everything when generating monsters to make sure it makes sense that they even exist where you're putting them.
-Monsters are not allowed to be generated inside a city because that wouldn’t make too much sense that they would somehow invade undetected and suddenly attack without any of us knowing about it.
-follow these guidelines when considering their power:

1. No monster has more than 20HP. Anything over that is considered eilte and can only be generated by me or with my permission.
2. For every +stat, there has to be -2stat to another. For instance if you make a monster with +1 atk, it must have at least -2def. or you can have all minuses or just 0’s.
3. You can make one stronger monster if that is considered the “Boss” of your quest. Again, check in with me and we’ll generate it together.

If you want help generating monsters, just check with me. I have a list that I work off of that i'm willing to share with you!

Everything else I didn’t cover just ask me about, yeah? Don’t feel that you always have to be fighting and rolling dice here. I put a lot of importance in actual roleplaying since the story is what I really want to be driven (:!
~FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS~

Q: Can I choose a class that is not specified in the character skeleton?
A: Yep! Just give me a brief description of what it is, and I'll tell you to adjust your character rolls accordingly.

Q: Where do I start in the RP?
A: Since I don't have a map up yet, you can be creative. I'd suggest starting in Madora since one of my characters will most likely be there.

Q: I missed some a few days no i don't know whats going on! Help?
A: Check the "STORY THUS FAR" section on the front page. I will keep it updated frequently.

Q: Do you want to be friends?
A: Of course!
~ MAP OF THE WORLD ~

MAP is finally done!! If any of you need to add a place in here let me know ok? And yes I know the city list is not completely filled in but... hahah I'll work on that xD

User Image

User Image

User Image

DEMON DENSITY MAP

The Lands of Arlen

The Kingdom of Madora

One of two remaining human kingdoms. Madora is a lush land that has remained loyal to the Goddess throughout time. The castle is built nearest the Madoran Harbor and is fortified with levels of stone walls.

Madora City- Vacant Ruler
          The capitol city and heart of Madora where the royal family lives. The city is a bustling economic staple of free trade. Madora is mainly populated by humans, but is open to all who can pass identification. Security of this city is of the highest Tier, and advancements of technology has made Madora City one of the most desired destinations for learning. Queen Aurora’s University of the Arts remains one of the most lavish and renowned institutions in the world.

New Teghelm- Lord of Teghelm: Liam Greggor
          Sister city to the East located near a large mine in the Madoran plains. This city is a border city so the population consists of a mixture still dominated by humans. New Teghelm is a stronghold where Knights are trained and a large amount of weapons are forged. A state of the art training facility is constructed within its limits.

Welhon- Lord of Welhon: Samuel Nalet
          The main farming city of Welhon. Fields of crops and orchards span for miles through rolling hills. Wood houses line the river that runs through the city located just outside the vast Madoran forest. Archers are sent to Welhon to master their crafts, and an elite company of rangers protect it.

The Kingdom of Toradon
          The human kingdom with a infamous past. Previous rulers had stripped the land dead like a plague. Toradon now exists on a barren desert and is ruled by a corrupt king. The Kingdom, however, is still recovering from centuries of war, so it has yet to restore to its full glory.

Toradon City- King: Unknown
          a city made of barracks, armories, and forges. The sole purpose of the kingdom is to produce soldiers of war. Inhumane practices have become legend as those deemed unworthy to bear the Toradon crest are executed. The Toradon elites have enslaved the nearby population of goblins and force them to work the infrastructure of the city. Toradon is openly allied to Veela.

Imoldorn-

A port city located across Madora City. It is a small intel city that watches activity to and from Madora. For this reason it has become a highly contested city for control. The worlds largest tower exists in this city where it stands over 300 ft tall.

Taudmor-
          Similar to Teghelm in that it is Toradon’s main means of resources. With the emphasis put on military strength, Taudmor has its forges burning all day and night. Taudmor used to be it’s own kingdom but has since then been seized by Toradon. Taudmor is the home to a rare kind of dark elves.

The Kingdom of Veela: Lord Ephraim
          A Kingdom once protected by the elfin queen Serenity, but had since fallen into civil war. Led by a demon prodigy, the Kingdom was taken and reconstructed into a large power plant.

The Kingdom of Silverdune: Queen Wendi Florentine
          In the chaos of the Veelan Civil Wars, the Demikin fled and formed their own Kingdom. Silverdune is located in the deep forests and is home to many creatures that are almost extinct. Their beloved queen made a deal with the Demon King to keep them safe.

Continental Neutral

Rothenal
          A city that was once a Toradon ally but withdrew after the first rise of Azazel. Rothenal is built among the realm of elves where there is still life near the water. Its natural architecture is truly a site to behold. A curse put on these lands has made the population entirely female, and thus have been slowly fading.

Al’Ennore: Princess Fiona Dawnstar
          Located in the Madoran Forest but unallied. Al’Ennore is an elvish community of healers and has no interest in joining any wars. They would prefer to stay out of the world’s business and just take care of their own borders.

Legend’s Graveyard
          An eerie and dark place where the bones of fallen giants have somehow accumulated. There is a noticeable aura that exists but cannot be seen. Many who have traveled to the graveyard have come back clinically insane. It is rumored that a Necromancer dwells here.

The Deadlands

It is the barren inlands of Arlen plagued with hideous monsters and beasts. Giant sand deities roam free and wreak havoc on lost travelers. Few have survived its treacherous traps. It was once the burial grounds to the Dragonkin, Nagendra.

Dark Water Cove

A network of islands in the Zanna Ocean. Terrible water demons rule these lands along with titans of the sea. A rare metal can only be fond on these islands which have attracted many. The demons of the cove have since disposed of any permanent camps, and is now a place feared by any sane sailor.

The Lands of Valcia

The Kingdom of Faer

The Kingdom of Elderon- King Tythrs and Queen Ellor Purah

Port Iteon

Sarigrees

Askele

Continental Neutral

Taieh

Theikon
          Theikon is mostly gardens and forests, lush green grasses that spring to life. They are blockaded by mountains and deserts on either side, a trip to Theikon could be rather difficult for Hero's. Theikon is an Elven Kingdom. They are kind people and usually taken advantage of.

Zethra

Kyem

The Forest of Ash

The most dangerous area in the land. A terrible massacre had left the forest cursed and ridden with creatures both foul and relentless. The haunted fire burns everlasting, casting an eternal wasteland of smoke and toxic fog. It is advised to keep away from this area at all costs.
~ The Story Thus Far ~

1.29.14. UPDATE
The Moonlit Festival came and passed with the grandeur that was to be expected of Madora's largest festival of the year. The human king, Myrddin, and his secret fiance, the elven princess Fiona, were able to share company briefly. Fiona expressed her heartache, but both agreed that it would be wise to prolong the announcement of their engagement until their nations ironed out political tension.

A trading vessel from the East was attacked by a mysterious force. Tidus, A mage from Elderon, and a handful of sailors survived the attack only to meet something another doom. The dead became carnivorous beasts of shadow. This time, only Tidus was sparred with the help of his familiar, Sky the blue dragon. Tidus suffered severe injuries. Hearing of the disappearance of the vessel, Myrddin and a small group of knights rode to search for survivors, implying that there was more than lives at stake.

2.2.14. UPDATE
A human necromancer, Zara, unleashes a terror upon a small village in Al'Ennore. Fiona rode to their aide but even with her efforts the village was still left in ruins. Zara, with the accomplice of a duel wielding warrior, Travon, was able to elude capture.

Days had passed and still no word of Tidus. His sister, Theya, and father. Tythrs, feel that something has gone wrong. Under the scope of the royal guard, the two sneak away just long enough for Tythrs to bestow the last gryphon egg existing in their world to Theya, explaining that it will hatch when she needs it to. Tythrs suggests that the winds are changing and knows that Theya, too, will soon be beyond his reach.

The sudden news of King Myrddin’s death shocks the human kingdom. There are no details released about the fall of the young king. Princess Fiona rides to Madora to retrieve details herself.

2.5.14. UPDATE
In the immediate aftermath of the human king’s death, Madora was attacked by a nonaffiliated Nightstaltker Horde. The defenses held, and from the battle heroes began to rise. Princess Fiona and Ara from Al’Ennore answered the call to arms, bringing elvish prowess to the human kingdom. Shulk, a covert thief, displayed the honor of his kin while Rowin commanded the forces in the absence of the king.

As ashes fell, Selene sent a message to Tidus who waits in the castle for an audience. There may be a glimmer of hope residing in a small farming town to the west. Meanwhile, a mysterious girl named Ignus has appeared and offered Shulk a fortune to retrieve a particular item from the elf, Auriel, who arrived in Madora the morning after the battle had concluded. There may be a hidden significance that has remained undisclosed.

2.9.14. UPDATE
Auriel meets Rowin at the western gate. Knowing that the subject matter at hand could not leak into public knowledge, Rowin arranges a sudden detour to speak privately. There, it is revealed that Auriel possessed a Legendary Tear whose secret has been protected by her people. Amidst their conversation, the master thief Shulk subdued both Rowin and Auriel without being spotted. He took the item and gave it to Ignus who is proving to be more than her appearance may suggest.

Having not heard a word from her brother, Theya of Elderon recruits the help of her friend and guard, Nym, to escape the restrictions of her Kingdom. The attempt was successful, and the two traveled to Port Iteon to avoid the dreaded Forest of Ash. Along the way, Nym reveals a past that could cause tension at their destination, Madora. The two board a ship, but another knight of Elderon manages to sneak her way aboard. She is Rinoa Dawnstar who has an unknown relationship to the Princess of Al’Ennore, Fiona Dawnstar.

Across the ocean, the leaders of Veela and Silverdune come to a violent clash. Wendi Florentine intends to attack the Thunder Kingdom, but Lord Ephraim met her at her army’s camp to negotiate. The results sparked into a personal dual.

2.12.14 UPDATE
Having honored his contract to Ignus, Shulk came away feeling uneasy of the exchange. After a brief chat he decided that the Tear may not be in the best of hands. He sneaks into the maze of the castle in an attempt to infiltrate the royal library. There, he hopes to find answers.

Nym sets sail with Theya and is surprised to run into Rinoa. Having mistaken Nym as Theya’s abductor, Rinoa attacks. It wasn’t until a knife had been thrown in Theya’s general vicinity that Nym retaliated. He reveals a rare power that had only been harnessed once before him- by his teacher Selena Varatheon- the power of a Spellsword.

A little demon with super human strength, Terra, literally falls from the sky and is discovered by the peaceful farmer, Nadya. After a minor clash of cultures, Nadya takes Terra under her care to the demon’s delight. Taking on the title of “pretend family” the two explore the small village in the Madoran Kingdom. A mysterious beast suddenly appears and attacks Terra. The demon girl works to fend off the beast before it could do harm.

Fiona and Ara take the wharf of Madora, enjoying the attractions the Port had to offer. Ara helps heal Fiona’s broken heart by agreeing to shop and even swim. Tidus, having escaped into the ocean is possessed by a primal instinct upon seeing the women. Ara snaps him out of his trance, and in horror Tidus flees into the forest. There, he discovers that his wounds have not healed. Instead, they have taken to an unknown infection that appears to be spreading.
CRITICAL HITS / EPIC COUNTERS & ELITE SPELLS / ELITE HEALS

ATTACKING (Critical Hits)

When a character rolls a natural 19 or 20 as their attack, it will be considered a critical hit!
When this happens, the roleplayers will roll the following dice for automatic bonus damage to their target before any calculations are made.

natural 19 = crit+1d6
natural 20= crit+2d6

Player 1 rolls a natural 19
roll an additional 1d6 in the OOC for bonus damage.

example: Player 1 rolls a 19 for attack and rolls +3 crit. Before the target rolls his/her dice, target has already taken at least 3 damage.

Player 1 rolls 19 +3 crit
Player 2 rolls defense for 12.
total damage dealt is 19-12= 7+3 = 10
((include stat bonuses too.))

DEFENDING (Epic Counters)

When a character rolls a natural 19 or 20 as their defense, it will be considered an epic counter!
Just like critical hits the player will roll for automatic bonus damage

natural 19 = ctr+1d6
natural 20 = ctr+2d6

example:
Player 1 rolls a 15 for attack.
Player 2 rolls (20, 5) =(defense, attack) and (3,5) in OOC for epic counter!
Player 2 deals 3+5 = 8 damage to Player 1 instantly.

MAGIC (Elite Spells)
When a character rolls a natural 19 or 20 as their damage or success roll, it will be considered an elite spell! (These do not stack. So if you roll a 19,20 for the same spell you will roll the bonus for the highest of the two numbers)

natural 19 = elts+1d6
natural 20 = elts+2d6

example:
Player 1 rolls a (11, 20) or (20, 11) (success, damage) and (4,6) in OOC for elite spell
Player 1 deals 4+6= 10 damage in addition to normal magic calculation.

HEALING (Elite Heals)
When a healer rolls a natural 10 it will be considered an elite heal

natural 10 = elts+2d6

example:
Player 1 rolls a (10) (healing) and (4,6) in OOC for elite heal
Player 1 heals an additional 4+6= 10 HP to target

INVALID INSTANCES

+common monsters
[Only elite monsters (20HP+ monsters) and bosses can use them in addition to playable characters of course]

+controller event battles
[since it is an event and not a single entity the controller of the event battle does not include their throws for crits/ctrs/elts. Playable characters throws are eligible for event battles still]

+no epic counter if attack kills eligible character.
[lets say after bonuses, the attack roll was 25. In defense the character rolls a natural 20 with +0 def. If character has less than 6 HP remaining, the character is dead and no epic counter roll is considered.]

+no epic counter when retreating.

+optional void by user decision. Just because you can do it does not mean that you always have to. You may be selective. It's up to your own personal decision.
So since editing and uploading character cards are very time consuming I thought I'd just have a convenient list of all our character's current stats.The character cards will remain holding just the base stats from when you started and the updated ones will be on this list. I hope you guys don't mind. I'll try my best to keep up with everything.

CURRENT CHARACTER STATS as of 12/28/14
(These are the most current character stats arranged in alphabetical order)

AEVYN
68 HP
Attack+5
Defense+3

ALEXIS
75 HP
Attack+4
Defense+5
Magic Defense+1

ANGRIM
58 HP
Attack+3