Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Shade

10,400 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Without further ado, I declare this RP open!

Hallowed Shade

10,400 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

User Image
Captain Orrin Phaeris
Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.

✮ ✮ ✮

Orrin sat across the table in a well lived in, very antiquated den with his hands folded into fists on his lap and sitting stark straight in his chair. He was very keenly aware of the multitude of cats surrounding him- hiding in their sneaky little perches under tables and chairs; glaring down at him from high up behind cozy-covered teapots on high shelves; masquerading as fluffy throw pillows. Cautiously he reached forward and picked up his dainty pink teacup, blew on the hot liquid and took a sip.

”So, why don’t you go ahead and tell me all about your adventures out in the far reaches of space?” The matronly voice of Orrin’s aunt brought him back to reality and helped to snap him out of his “fight or flight” trance. She backed into the room carrying a tray of cookies and the mysterious bowl of amorphous hard candy that all elderly women seemed to have in their possessions. Aunt Sara had lived on Pollux forever having moved off of Castor at a young age for university. She promptly dropped out of university and began to collect up cats in her spare time while researching…whatever it was she researched.

”Well…I’m a Captain now. Got my own ship and everything.” He tentatively reached for the bowl of hard candy and immediately though better of it, settling instead for a cookie. ”Real beauty of a ship and everything- top of the line advancements across the board.”

”That’s wonderful dearie.” She had taken her seat in her favorite rocking chair positioned in the corner by the window as artificial sunlight cascaded through and provided a theatre for the dust motes as they danced about. No sooner than she had taken her seat than three cats materialized out of seemingly nowhere and taken up residence on her lap. ”I used to date a starship captain you know. His name was….Tom I think. And the more I think of it he may have actually been a Major rather than a Captain.”

Orrin stared dubiously at her as he tried his hardest to bite into one of his aunt’s cookies. ”That’s….fascinating…”

”Oh it was! He was always zipping off on great cosmic adventures until they signed him up for a test program for some experimental….whatsitcallsit… In any event Ground Control lost transmission with him fairly early on in the initial test flight. Never saw him again.”

Where have I heard this story before… ”Aunt Sara, this is all fascinating but I got your email saying you had something for me."

”As he drifted off into the void he said something about telling his wife he loved her very much…that bit always confused me a little…”

”Aunt Sara!”

Several of the cats surrounding her emerged from their hiding lairs and began to growl at him. Unconsciously, he growled back. ”Oh dear, where was I?” She rose from her chair and the cats fell silent again, save for the occasional put as she passed by one of them. Orrin glared at one particular cat in question; a mangy old tabby with one eye. It had it’s amber gaze fixed on him since he walked in and every one of his Myari instincts was telling him that it was vying for dominance. He would not be outdone by a mere tabby.

Minutes later the elderly woman returned carrying a stainless steel briefcase with a biometric reader near it’s handle. ”Your father sent this along with explicit instruction not to open it until after he had passed on. It’s a shame I couldn’t make it to the funeral…” Orrin felt a brief flash of sorrow. His father had passed on recently protecting a colony from a horde of rogue kunari slavers. ”In any event it’s locked out to anyone other than you. I guess this is something of a legacy thing- wouldn’t doubt if it weren’t Pa’s old war dagger.”

Orrin felt a surge down his spine as he reached out for the case. Gingerly he removed one of his gloves and pressed his thumb to the biometric reader and with a flash of green light and a faint hiss as the contents decompressed he opened the case. Laying before him was a stone dagger engraved with archaic runes and symbols encased in a foam holder. On top of it was a note:

Quote:

Orrin,

Always reach for the stars.

~Admiral Orion Phaeris

Orrin felt his eyes water up as he laid the note down and closed the case. His aunt maneuvered around the room and sat next to him on the dusty couch, embracing him in a tight hug. ”Thank you Aunt Sara.” His throat felt like fire as the reality hit home that his father’s last act was to pass onto him not only a valued family heirloom…but what Orrin suspected was the final piece of the Viashino Keyrune. His father had finally put him on the path to Orrin’s dreams.

✮ ✮ ✮

Where: Aunt Sara’s house, residential sector 641, Pollux Station
What: Collecting a plot device
OoC: Sorry for the sappy start guys -_-

Thieving Rogue

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

╔═════════════════════════╗

✦✧__Tundra __ ✦✧

╚═════════════════════════╝

________________In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends _____________________

A clawed hand closed around a flying fist. Her arm hand moved with the momentum of the fist to gradually slow it before tossing it back to the human it belonged to. Dismayed at the easy dispatch, the human rushed forward again, each hit was simply deflected with her gentle backwards movement until her back grazed the ropes surrounding the ring. A smug smirk flashed onto the face of the human who believed he had the upper hand. The onslaught of punches increased in a flurry with each one still being blocked. The whirl of punches paused for a moment as he prepared a particularly vicious blow. He threw it, carrying his weight forward but he was suddenly stopped as if he had just run into a brick wall. She clutched his hand in an unmoving fist.

Attempting to recoil, he found himself stuck. At first, he tried pulling at his arm but he found that to fail he swung at her with his free hand. Similarly, his other hand became stuck within hers. A smirk stretched over her fanged smile. “And here I thought you were supposed to give me a challenge.” Flexing her arms, she sent him stumbling towards the other side of the ring. “That’s the last time I listen to Jack.” While she turned her back upon the man she moved back towards the end of the ring. Something was soon upon her back. The man had flung his whole body at her and now remained clinging to her shoulders. Reaching behind her, she pulled him in front of her.

There was something oddly satisfying about the crack of a bone. Even if it was just a human humerus rather something gravely important like the spine or impressive like the femur. Even still, the writing mass of flesh entangled in her arms was enough to hint that the man was through. Releasing her hold upon him, he slipped out of her arms and sunk to the ground, the sound of his knees smacking against the floor of the ring was only heightened by the silence of the crowd.

The stillness was only momentary, because the patrons clustered around the ring erupted into a wild cheer. As the man attempted to collect himself, the lithe Linzu cast a glance around the cramped room. The air was heavy with the smell of sweat and blood that intermingled with booze and smoke. It was definitely not the fanciest of places, but it was where she knew she could make a quick credit.

The scuffle had left her only in slight disarray. Her braid had come partially undone and some of the fur upon her face had been pressed in awkward angles. Though, comparatively she was largely unscathed; her opponent on the other hand was bleeding from a cut on his forehead, his nose and then, of course the glaring imperfection that was his arm. She turned her back against her opponent and glided through the ropes of the ring to let herself out. She hard a few people clamor to aid the fallen fighter, but she only had one thought.

Pushing her way through the crowd, she received the obligatory congratulatory shoulder pats but easily danced around those wanting to embrace and soon found herself staring through a double paned glass window. The human behind it was rough looking, multiple scars present upon his face and a short hair cut. “Jack, my winnings. Please.” He leaned onto the counter, pushing himself upward the gaze past the tall Linzu in front of him.

“One of these days, Tundra.” He told her, waging a hand with a cigarette clutched between two fingers at her. “One of these days I’ll convince you to stay and fight here.”

“You’re kidding yourself every time you think that. You’d have to pay me much more than you do.”

“You’d be unstoppable.” He said fiddling with some of the credit chits in front of him. “And, you just put Josh out of commission for a while. I need someone to headline while he’s down.” He picked up a chit. “Imagine the crowds, the draw, the money you’d make.”

“Don’t make me break this window.”

Jack laughed and tossed the chit into the metal tray beneath the window. “You’d do good."

“I don’t need crowds. This is all I want.” She picked up the chit and shoved it into her pocket.

“Just think about it. If you ever get tired of zooming around in space. I’ll be here.”

“Sure, Jack.” She said as she side stepped to the left. Wandering down the plain hallways, she disappeared into a locker room. Taking a few minutes to wash the stench of the gym out of her fur, she quickly dried and dressed. Making quick work to braid her long hair she reached into her bag to fetch a hair tie. But her hand remained curiously empty. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Digging through her bag she found it to be true, she did not have any extra hair tie. Growling to herself, she tossed her bag aside and picked up the last remaining article of clothing. Her jacket. She slid it onto her arms and picked up her bag.

She glanced at her watch and frowned, it was still rather early and she had quite some time to kill. A rumble in her stomach decided what her next course of action would be. Food. Inverting the collar on her jacket, she let herself out of the gym and lost herself among the people on the streets.

✦✧Tactical Reconnaissance/ARU

Where: Black Market Gym
What: Kicking a** and taking names

Enduring Friend

Bleeding OutLight Your Heart UpTurn Me On
They don't see me come, who can blame them? They never seem to catch my eye, but I never wondered why...
KILLING wιтн KINDNESS

Ғrom ץσυʀ slanted view see тнє morning dew
                                                      sink i-n-t-o тнє (s o i l), watch тнє ωαʈεɾ ⓑⓞⓘⓛ

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Pollux. It had been a while since she'd set foot on Pollux. Beating up peoples' friends and handing them in to FIPA tended to make you a person of the unwelcome variety concerning the places where law was scarce. And of course there was that nasty little incident at a bar in the low quarters where a certain cat lady lost her marbles and got her fired. Not that she was holding a grudge or anything. Still, a lot of memories; a lot of heartache on Pollux. Though she didn't really have a heart to ache anymore.
                                                  Akysa was here because their employer - captain? was visiting his aunt. Apparently she had something for him, and sure as the cookies she could smell right now, it wasn't just those. Family or not, it wasn't like he'd drop everything he was doing for a plate of confection. Then again, he might've just. Akysa didn't really know him up and down yet.
                                                  Of course, it's not like she had anything better to do; she didn't have muscles to train or a stomach to fill, and she didn't burn through clothes fast enough to care about getting more. That's what most of the others were likely using their time for. That, or weapons and tools. So, using childlike boredom as a cover, Akysa had rather deviously - she thought - accompanied their captain to his aunt's home to see what all this was about. At first, it all seemed a rather domestic get-together; candy, cookies, and auntie going on about her past conquests. All of which was making Captain Orrin amusingly tense. Meanwhile, Akysa wandered innocuously about the apartment, poking bits and bobs like any proper nosy guest; listening closely to the conversation. Occasionally she would bend down to stroke a soldier of the feline army that held this house hostage.

However, things started to get a little interesting a couple cookies and a story later. A shout from Orrin brought not only Aunt Sara to her wits, but also gave his tagalong a reason to stop poking old lady stuff. Cats sputtered angrily, then silence. This lasted a minute or so before Akysa peered into the den to see Sara bringing Orrin a metal case. Of course, what a normal person would see and what Akysa could see were two very different things. Whatever was in that case was something very special. But whether it was some sort of weapon, or jewelry, or other manner of macguffin she couldn't tell, even with a zoom level. After all, despite all the superhuman traits she did possess, mind reading was not among them, and vision modes were only so useful.
                                                  While they were both distracted with the case, Akysa slunk into the room. Maintaining any sort of stealth in a place like this was as stupid as it was impossible, but she kept up the charade, remaining conspicuously inconspicuous. Better to appear dumb than any sort of threat. And as soon as she reached a couch, there was no shooing her off. Vaulting up over from behind, she slithered down the back of the sofa to sit upside-down, interrupting their moment with a bright-eyed, guileless stare. Without pretense, her arm shot out with mechanical precision, grabbing one of the brick-like cookies and stuffing it in her mouth. She chewed silently, stare unbroken, and her legs kicking idly above the back, looking for all the galaxy like a large five-year-old.

It wasn't that she couldn't or didn't eat. It just wasn't necessary when things like nutrient tanks existed.

This was Akysa Rowan, Orrin's First Mate. One of the leftovers of a short-lived government project, she was far more machine than human anymore; a veritable supersoldier with a pretty, young face. Under which were enough complex machinations to make a starship blush. Still, power wasn't everything, and a First Mate wasn't just a lug to bark orders so the captain didn't have to. Akysa took her job - though she only had it a short time - very seriously despite her playacting and, in spite of her past; originally a human weapon and being designated as a "Killing Doll", she seemed surprisingly docile and uninhibited. It wasn't in her nature to be sneaky and deceitful, and empathy went a long way towards keeping a crew comfortable and happy. Not only did she have a duty to her captain, but also the crew. Being second in command wasn't about having authority, it was about being the ears of the captain, and the voice of the crew. Akysa was the jury, the executioner, the sympathizer, and the revolutionary.

I mean, if you wanted to be all romantic about it.

At the moment though, she was a snooper, sticking her little roboob nose right in were it likely didn't belong. Still, about that whole duty thing. Secrets kept by the captain from his crew tended to fester and when they came out, it'd often be in a bad way. That didn't necessarily mean that she felt what he was doing was clandestine - though a glowing case is kind of a red flag - but she was interested to see if it was. Taking another cookie to munch on, her oddly luminous, blue-green eyes darted back and forth between the pair as if she had just noticed their presence. Yet, she didn't have the grace to appear embarrassed. Her mousy brown hair-but-not-hair cascaded to the floor, revealing her smooth, silicon forehead. Her scan of Sara Phaeris had come up mostly empty. Akysa wasn't one of the government's toys anymore, so she only had access to general census information. An updated photo and a lot of missing information after enrolling in Pollux U was all she got. It was mostly for her own morbid, stalkerish curiosity, but still, not quite what you'd expect from a doddering auntie.

In the end, she finally spoke, looking at Orrin,
                                                  "So uh... Am I interrupting something?" Akysa asked, her voice impossibly clear - though slightly muffled - for having a mouthful of cookie. She was hoping to glean just a bit more information from this encounter.
They won't see me run, who can blame them? They never look to see me fly, so I never have to lie...

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vandaron Tashaal
Gunnery Chief of the Blue Pulsar

Spacefarers’ Day marked the launch of the first Kunari spacecraft. It was a day when, even now, Kunari who had scattered to distant worlds came together to remember the time when they had first become a space-faring species. It was truly a time to think on the stars with wonder, and to realize just how far their civilization had come.

This Spacefarers’ Day, Vandaron was glad to be on shore leave. He’d always enjoyed this holiday in particular, and despite his expulsion from the navy and estrangement from most other Kunari, he enjoyed celebrating his native culture on days such as this. Fortunately, Pollux housed A Taste of Elmarath, one of the best Kunari restaurants Van had ever been to. He liked the food there not because it was particularly highbrow cuisine, but because he knew it was all cooked traditionally and with great care. It reminded him pleasantly of his time on Elmarath, almost enough to make him smile.

Currently, Van had sequestered himself in said restaurant and was seated alone at a corner table, frowning over a supply report from the Quartermaster and occasionally sparing a glance at the other occupants of the restaurant. It seemed that many of the local Kunari were attending the small Spacefarers’ Day celebration here, and there was a joy in the atmosphere that lifted even Van’s mood. There had been a traditional dance performance just a few minutes ago, and the radio continued to play old Kunari standards.

And here’s to the Jewel of Elmarath,
here’s to the one that I love…

Van jumped as someone put their hands on his shoulders, then calmed when he realized it was only Ashiel, whose parents owned the restaurant, still in full dance regalia. She wore a long, sleeveless red dress with a skirt that would twirl with every turn, and a flower-adorned headdress. He hoped she hadn’t noticed how his hands had twitched towards the nearest weapon-like objects - his silverware, since he’d only brought his blade with him, and it was currently peace-tied and in the corner behind him. It was a reflex. By now, he’d been to this restaurant enough times and spent enough time speaking to Ashiel that she probably wouldn’t be surprised, but he was still convinced it would make him seem rude to expect an attack here.

“Still working, Van?” Ashiel asked with a teasing smile. She was, admittedly, quite pretty. Her long auburn hair was complimented by bright amber eyes and a cream-colored complexion. Despite the fact that she had interrupted his reading, Van noted mentally that it was good to hear his own language. It wasn’t something he got to hear very often nowadays. “Even when you come here and say you’re going to try to relax, you’re still glued to your datapad. It’s a holiday, for goodness’ sake. Have some dessert.”

Van sighed. “This means you’re not going to leave me alone until I order dessert, doesn’t it?”

“That’s right,”Ashiel said, still beaming. “So what’ll it be? We’ve got some Spacefarers’ Day cakes just out of the oven…”

“All right,” Van replied, shooing her with a hand as he returned to his datapad. He had a training schedule for the ARUs to plan. “Go on. You’ve convinced me.”

Ashiel laughed and patted him on the shoulder before departing. “You good for nothing grouch.”

Van allowed himself a hint of a smirk, along with a shake of his head, as Ashiel turned and headed for the kitchen. She and her parents really were lovely people – they’d always welcomed him and never pried with regards to his background. When he told them he was a mercenary, or that he’d signed onto the crew of a freelance ship, they seemed satisfied enough. Spending time here was one of the few indulgences he allowed himself – most times, he obeyed a strict schedule and put all his effort into his duties as Gunnery Chief aboard the Blue Pulsar.

Ashiel returned a few minutes later with a plate bearing small, spongy cake dusted with powdered sugar. "There you go, Van. A joyous Spacefarers’ Day to you."

"And to you," he said in return, finally putting his datapad down and accepting the cake. Being polite was the least he could do. It was a holiday after all. He took a bite of the confection, and his eyes widened. For a moment, he didn't know what to say. He'd never had an Spacefarers’ Day cake this good, not even back on Elmarath. "My compliments to the chef," he finally managed to say. "This is fantastic."

Ashiel blushed. "That certainly means a lot, coming from a curmudgeon like you," she said, laughing again. "I'll tell Mother you approve." With that, she darted off into the crowd of other Kunari, leaving Van to return to his scheduling.

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
кคzยє

“You don't make history by following the rules,
you make it by seizing the moment.”

The station was as lively as always, the myriad of people moving about in a murmur of sounds was a nice change of pace compared to the usually quiet medical bay. The term "usually" is rather loose with this bunch.

As Kazue moved among the crowd, practically sliding past the bodies, she wore the usual smile on her face. The subtle contact she made when immersed in groups was more than enough "information collection" to add to her ever growing range of mimicry. Even though they had shore leave until Orrin was done with his business, the pervora didn't know quite what to do with herself. Well, whenever she found herself bored she always turned to food.

The food market of any station was her favorite place to be, if she were to be guaranteed anywhere it'd be where the food is. The aromas that filled this particular side of the food court made her smile widen. A sign outside a small sweets shop caught her attention. "Hmm~? Ah, can't pass up an offer like this, guess I'll have to spoil myself." The pervora seemed to blend in perfectly as she passed the shelves, grabbing bags of candy and bars of confections in a less than systematic way. With what credits she was able to steal away from her first job, plus earnings saved from the previous one, and any spare credits made while aboard the Blue Pulsar rarely went spent anywhere but on food. While stuffing her face was something done for fun, Kazue has to consume upwards of grotesque amounts of food to keep herself energized.

"Not that I'm complaining about the business, but that's certainly a lot of sweets there." The woman behind the counter commented toward Kazue's large bag. Her smile widened at the cashier.

"I have the most incredible sweet tooth."

After accounting for everything and paying, the pervora bid her goodbye and moved on. To the next shop, and to the next. Eventually, the pervora looked like a girl who had just gone clothes shopping, but all of the bags contained food. She had her favorites, of course, but taste didn't really matter. At least, in any eating contest scenario, she was always the winner.

Finding a free bench in a park-like recreational area of Pollux station that was next to the food court, Kazue sat down and unloaded her bags onto the bench, laying her head back with a long, content sigh. "Maybe I went a little overboard again with the buying... but it all just looked so good."

Her hand snaked into one of the bags and pulled out a large foil wrapped burger. While she didn't have to eat like any other being, time spent with these races showed her that even going their motions made others that much more comfortable around here, even if Kazue thought it was silly. Her eyes wandered around the artificially sunlit area, crowd watching as she ate.

Location: Pollux food market and adjoining park area on the nice side of town, dicking about and stuffing her face.

Business Businessman

User Image

ENDYMION NUEROBOTICS CO. LTD.
ORX - 9 'FAULT'
REASONING / PROBLEM SOLVING PSYCHOSHELL UNIT
CURRENT OPERATOR: ENGELOU ANATHEMAS

It had taken a while, but Engelou had finally gotten over the shock of what had happened previously and was now starting to become very very bored of staring into space.

'Gotten over' is likely a massive overstatement, as you don't really get over watching your own body get pulverized in front of you. But at this point he was simply glad that the ORX-9 AI's ability to reason assumed that he was launched into space because the factory had become unsafe and locked on to the nearest civilian settlement as opposed to the older units that would have probably just flown strait back. A blessing in disguise, albeit a very boring one.

Aside from being as terribly bored as he was, the sensations that he was feeling were very peculiar indeed. He was completely aware of everything around him, but something wasn't quite right. Still, things were undoubtedly going to be out of kilter after having one's psyche transposed into a slightly-larger-than-man sized chunk of metal.

With the sheer shock having just worn off, all that was left was crippling boredom. It had been days, possibly a full week since the crescendo of events at the factory. Something different was finally coming into his vision, though. Something large, something that looked wonderfully like something that wasn't the vacuum of space. Awesome.

Incoming data informed him that the station he was heading for was known as Pollux, which was weird. He wasn't used to information being immediately injected into his psyche and he knew that he didn't know that it used to be a military establishment when it was first commissioned, then became a trading hub following a time of peace before. Even if he hadn't known that before, he knew that he wanted to be there right now. Anywhere but floating in nothingness.

That not so subtle desire caused the small propulsion units on the psychoshell's body to fire up, vastly increasing the speed of his approach to Pollux's landing platform. He felt something flash through his mind about requesting emergency landing permission and it being approved, but it was gone before it could really register. One thing that did stick in his mind among the masses of data flowing through him was the fact that his mad dash to get there had rapidly used up the last of his propulsion system's power cells.

CLUNK!

He landed more or less head-first on the landing platform, skimming his way across the area like a flat stone across a pond with wince-inducing clanks and clangs. The ORX-9 body landed in an unceremonious heap at the end of the landing platform and lay still for a few long minutes.

After that time, he slowly and shakily made his way onto his feet, like a new-born deer.
It was at this point that Engelou really wished he had taken up the offer to be trained in using these things. It sounded like so much work at the time.

"God...Damn it..." He cursed in an ill-fitting computer-generated voice as he slowly and loudly stumbled his way into the terminal while onlookers watched with concerned eyes.

Sarcastic Sex Symbol

13,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
          User Image
          A.I. Technician 💫 Avalon Class A.I. Prototype
          α м ρ н ι є

I am sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep
          S T I L L a
          sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep restless ѕ σ υ ℓ
          This is ∑ Я Я ◊ Я
          sheep sheep sheep sheep sheep

💫 is this my ĎĨŚŤŐŔŤĔĎ ㄅ◊ㄩレ; this is my ĎĨŚŤŐŔŤĔĎ б◊∆レ 🌠
                                              💫 I am ∂яєαмιиg нσριиg for something ŃĔŴ 🌠
                                              ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

Not much could be said with the purring and humming of the engines within her auditory receivers, or ears as humans called them. Human terminology was very vulgar, or at least Phi noted to herself as she made her quick pace from the docks towards the cute little human settlement called Pollux. The best part was the wealth of information she was downloading into her nanite brain thanks to all the sounds. After a few seconds, she was speaking just like one of the colonists, right down to the vernacular, twang in accent, and even slang. However, what intrigued her more were the sights and smells of the not-so-intangible part.

Life. As programed, she was instinctively drawn to the smells and whatnot. The bustle made her optical sensors buzz with information, leaving the sensory range well beyond what she was used too. More often than not, the blonde android stayed on the ship to calibrate this or that, and even to "talk" with it, though that's putting it lightly.

Instead, she followed the sights and smells onward, not completely paying attention to where she was going. A few times, Phi bumped into a passerby a few times, apologizing in the process and earning herself some distasteful looks. Of course, the girl noted different versions of herself, or at least the civilian models, accompanying their masters. Her kernal had been rewritten completely to register as a cyborg to them but the memory of her making was considered a complete and total failure.

It didn't matter, as azure eyes scanned over the sights and sounds. The downside to having nanites that formed organs meant she felt the same pain as humans, and needed the same substance to sustain her actions. Of course, this meant she was feeling that odd thing that humans called hunger.

Walking over and pushing her way through a crowd and in front of a hovertrolley, she ordered something odd that wiggled. A curious look grazed her features, reaching for the stick it sat upon and bit into it. The thing squealed, much to Phi's delight as she chomped down on the wiggling thing, tossing the stick over her shoulder and wandering more until... CLANG CLANG CLANG!

Turning her head, a wave of gold swishing as a result, azure orbs spied a metal suit stalking into the district. Curious, Phi decided to follow it. Her optical sensors sensed there was something lurking beneath the behemoth frame. The heat seemed living, but it was hard to tell with the immense layers. And what else was odd... there was a firewall preventing her from scanning the bioreadings. Still, this piqued the girl's interest as she followed.

▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
                                              💫 am i ๒Я∑∆кⅰиб down ĂĞĂĨŃ; i am ๒Я∑∆кⅰиб just like ŤĤĔŃ 🌠
                                              💫 but i want to ĶŃŐŴ that i am вяєαтнιиg, i'm вяєαтнιиg 🌠

💫 wíth:: engelou cyno 💫 whєrє:: she has no idea cyno 💫 σσc: lol
Pori Time!

"Always have to make a stop!" Pori shouted back into the Blue Pulsar. Turning back around, he stepped over the threshold and adjusted his pack to fit more comfortably over a set of his tentacles. Once comfortable, he looked up, taking in the colony of Pollux. The artificial air here felt fresher then the Pulsar's, and made Pori attempt a mischievous grin.
Gliding through the marketplace, Pori was reminded of peace back home. Nice study times, excellent views and good people. The dusty environment of this colony reminded him that life was still moving here in the stars. All was well.
At least, emotionally. Activating his Barnacle, Pori reviewed his catalog of regions explored. I need to fill in those blanks spots to the right of Kerbyl sector 1337. He thought. He began to search through Pollux near aimlessly, hoping to find a stellar cartographer. Soon, his travels lead him down a winding alley, between two taller buildings. The stench of trash filled this area. and the road on the other side looked empty. It looked unexplored though.
Pori crept through the alley, a tentacle wrapping his beak in hopes to fending off the odor. A small pile of trash and debris quickly made him flashback to the wreckage field, before the Blue Pulsar. A jolt ran through him, as he rushed out the other end.
The street was inactivate, with many rough and tumble people lining the fronts and sides of buildings. All eyes seemed to have turned to Pori, though he shook it off.
I thought this was going to be a quick visit. Where is the Captain? Pori thought, looking over the street. His presence disturbed something; Pori felt himself interrupting something, and the four humans coming toward him from across the street looked like they were ready to tell him exactly what's wrong. Before they came too close, Pori slid back a few feet.
"You guys, heh heh, Wouldn't know about a, er uh, what's it?" They slowed and spread out, leaving no other choice but to move back down the alley.
Pori felt his Pl'thoor skip a beat, as he stuttered out. "A um, you know. Ha. A-a-a carto-grapher of the stars. Ha Ha."
Some shore leave.

Hallowed Shade

10,400 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

User Image
Captain Orrin Phaeris
Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.

✮ ✮ ✮

Orrin couldn't but stare in rage filled awe at Akysa. Did she have any decorum at all? ”Well. I suppose this moment’s ruined. I’m truly sorry to have to jet off after a single cup of tea Aunt Sara, but duty calls and I have to get back to my ship.” Orrin got up again before leaning down and giving his aunt a hug and a kiss. ”I promise though that I’ll stop by more frequently, or at the very least send you some Vid-Mail.” The communicator flashed in rapid succession for a brief period; a blazing assault of blue light. ”Pardon me one moment, I’ll be right back.

Orrin took a circuitous route around the couch, making sure he passed by Akysa’s upwardly dangling feet, casually lifted his hand up under her heel and with a small jolt of psionic resonance lifted the heavy unit’s foot up and over before casually passing into the foyer. With a smile he brought his comm up level to his face and passed a hand in front of it. ”Captain speaking.”

Captain. My long range scanners have detected something approaching Pollux. It appears to be a ship. The ship’s voice came across his comm like British velvet.

”That’s nothing new Blue. This is a space port after all.” He made a mental note to have Phi check Blue’s danger settings again.

Yes Captain. I thought it would be worth noting however that my scanners are unable to penetrate the outer shell of the ship. This may be due to distance, velocity, or the material used in it’s construction.

”I’m…still not getting why this was urgent Blue. Keep a closer eye on it for the time being and if you start to notice any irregularities notify me again.”

Of course Captain. Blue out.

Orrin shook his head before returning to the tea room. ”Let’s get a move on Keesa.” He returned to give his aunt another hug and grabbed a few cookies, for Kazue, and shoved them deep into his pockets. Much to his surprise the mangy one eyed Tabby jumped onto his shoulder, kneading out a patch on his suit before settling down with it’s hind legs splayed out down his back.

”Oh, Asmodae seems to have taken quite a shine to you. I’ve had him for a long time now. Probably do him some good to get out, and I’m sure you have more than enough room on your ship for a small cat like him.”

Orrin felt his bile rise. ”I…really must insist otherwise.”

”Oh pish-posh. I must insist that you take him. Doesn’t really get on well with the rest of the cats to be honest, bit of a hell raiser that one.”

Orrin felt the cat sink it’s claws into his shoulder. He knew a losing battle when he saw one. With a hefty sigh Orrin reached up to scratch under the creature’s chin (which earned him a his and a clawed bat on the cheek). ”Of course Aunt Sara. I’d be happy to take him off your hands…” Aunt Sara beamed and made mention to the effect of “feeding time”. At which point what felt like hundreds of gleaming amber eyes appeared from places that shouldn’t have been physically possible and quickly devolved into a stampede of felines into the next room. ”We should go…” he managed to get out to Akysa before making a swift exit from the home. Now that he had what he came for he was anxious to get his ship under way.

✮ ✮ ✮

Where: Outside Aunt Sara’s house
What: Being subjected to feline terrorism.
OoC: ACTUAL action to come soon guys, just hang in there!
Pori Time! The Best!

The humans surrounding Pori were giving him the standard human "mean-mug." The seriousness of the situation quickly became lost to him as he began to recall the moment Captain Phaeris explained the mean-mug: "It's all about trying to be your most intimidating, without looking like you have to... you know..." The vague, angry description seemed to match.
"So, stellar mapping. Cool thing." Pori sputtered out, eating his own stutters.
"You seem to be lost here, squidy. You, uh, lost?" The broadest human stated, with a deep bas in his voice. The others snickers.
Pori slid another tentacle push back, away from the crowd. "Well, lost is so technical. I suppose I'm searching aimlessly but that is breaking down definitions to more colloquial terminology so it depends on how exactly you mea-"
Pori shuttered at the feeling of a hand firmly pressing against his leftmost tendril. "Listen Thulu, we are in the wrong part of Pollux. You must be new here."
The stunted laugh that uttered out of Pori was quickly followed up by a several phrases of prayer in Kunar. "L-l-l-look, I'm only here to get a map or three, so if you could just tell me where the nearest stellar carto-grapher is I can quickly be out of your obvious territory as I am not intending to intrude but so happen to be and if you could refrain from using such utterances and slang against the Sintari people I really appreciate it."
The group of humans burst into raucous laughter. "Ha, just kidding pal. Of course you're new here, we don't get no Sintari near this part of the station. Classic reaction, fantastic." The broadest one bellowed.
Pori didn't get the joke, but then again, he didn't get many of Captain Phaeris' jokes either. Perhaps it was a similar type of humor. Reluctantly laughing it off, he slowly trundled to the other side of the human crowd around him, one of them still slightly doubled over in laughter.
"Good- good one. But, I still new to find a stel-"
"Mandrick Starhawk's. Back through the alley and about five blocks down. Small neon sign in the top left corner."
Pori refilled with oxygen and good humor. "Thank you. I deeply appreciate the assistance."
They all waved each other away, as Pori went back into the city. What surprisingly nice people here on Pollux. but with strange humor. Maybe I shouldn't have skipped Human Sociology classes. He thought. The inner dialogue in his mind continue to revolve around the directions to Mandrick's, as well as several fictional scenarios of how his brief run-in could have gone. The bravery, strength and courage of Mental Pori astounded him. The imagination is a wonderful thing.
Soon, the end of the directions came about, as Pori craned his head around in search of the neon sign - bingo. He glided directly over to the door, knocked twice, and moved over the threshold and into the store.
The sight of the maps everywhere stunned and overloaded Pori. What was the personal budget? Pori thought, approaching an old yellowed star chart in the far corner.

Enduring Friend

Bleeding OutLight Your Heart UpTurn Me On
They don't see me come, who can blame them? They never seem to catch my eye, but I never wondered why...
KILLING wιтн KINDNESS

Ғrom ץσυʀ slanted view see тнє morning dew
                                                      sink i-n-t-o тнє (s o i l), watch тнє ωαʈεɾ ⓑⓞⓘⓛ

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Apparently she was. Orrin appeared not best pleased with her interruption. Though, to be fair, Akysa had gone about the thing a little poorly. Still, she had made the choice, and she would suffer the consequences; those in this case being forcibly unseated be a cheeky little psychic burst. There was just enough power in it to push her to the edge of her "seat." Her own absurd weight did the rest. One smooth motion sent her sliding under the coffee table and into the stretcher below with a crack!
                                                  Welp. Was the only thing she could think as her head split the synthwood, throwing the table off-balance and dumping its contents onto her chest. She was still a moment, waiting for pain; human reflex. But none came, despite having the wrong end of herself lodged in battered carpentry.
                                                  Right. Ten years living in a robotic shell, yet having no nociceptors was still occasionally surreal. Though it was likely a good thing. Phantom pain was enough to deal with without the real thing piling on. Maybe the labcoats thought that as well. Probably not. It was probably because pain got in the way of being a murderbot.

C'est la vie.

The moment Orrin called her to come though, Akysa freakishly limboed herself out of the mess,
                                                  "Coming." She said, as if nothing had happened at all. However, she did hold back for a few moments after he had left, to clean up. The Schutzfee had no means to fix the table itself though, and whether the blame lay solely with her or not, some form of compensation was due. So, following the wave of cats to the kitchen, Akysa eventually found the older woman,
                                                  "Hey uh ... Missus Phaeris? I'm really sorry about the table." She bowed her mousy head slightly. Her demeanor considerably more mature from what it had been,
                                                  "Here..." Reaching into the pocket of her skirt, Akysa pulled out a small case. Opening it, she produced a credit chit and placed it on one of the precious few spaces unoccupied by cat.
                                                  "If that doesn't cover it, bill me the rest. My contact information should be on the chit. Again, very sorry." Bowing herself out, she rushed after Orrin, playing hopscotch over cats on the way.

Shortly thereafter, upon catching up, Akysa settled into a casual goose-step with her arms behind her head. Her plastic lips twitched in thought as she stared sidelong at her captain, occasionally glancing at the case. She had seen enough shady deals to know that what she just witnessed was more akin to that than the handing down of an heirloom. Still, broaching the subject would not be easy. It wasn't kosher to pry in family business, and he could totally play that card, even if it was something sinister.
                                                  In the end, Akysa just decided to get it over with. The proverbial pulling off the band aid,
                                                  "So... Anything in the case that I should know about?" If the answer was no, she'd be forced to drop the issue, but this was probably the safest way to get some sort of answer. For now.

Anyone who had spent any measure of time with the cyborg knew that - despite her generally honest nature and eccentricity - she was cunning in her own right, and had her ways of sussing things out, ranging from strange to crafty.
They won't see me run, who can blame them? They never look to see me fly, so I never have to lie...

Dapper Explorer

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vandaron Tashaal
Gunnery Chief of the Blue Pulsar

Once Van had finished his dessert, he caught sight of the time on his datapad and sighed. Now would likely be a good time to return to the ship, if he wanted to make sure everything was in order before the crew’s time of shore leave was officially over. But as much as he was outwardly surly and inwardly work-focused even here in A Taste of Elmarath, he was hesitant to leave. There was something comforting about hearing Kuna spoken, about Ashiel’s teasing, about simply sitting his weary self down (as he all too often forgot to do). Perhaps this was his own way of visiting relatives.

His personal feelings were of hardly any import, though. How could he expect those under his command to keep to schedules if he himself did not take them seriously? Van stood up from the table and gathered his belongings, storing away his datapad and picking up his sword. He made sure to transfer a few extra credits into the restaurant’s account as a tip, using the small console beside the table. The ARU’s might have been surprised at the generosity of their gruff, serious Chief.

Ashiel caught Van when he was halfway to the door, grabbing him by the sleeve. ”Leaving, huh? And you don’t even have the decency to say goodbye?”

Van shrugged. “You were busy.”

Ashiel shook her head and made a dismissive noise, then looked at Van without saying anything for a moment. A blush stole over her face, and she spoke quickly. ”Well, you be careful out there. You’re the only interesting person who visits, and I’d hate for you to die.”

”No promises,” Van said.

Something in Ashiel’s expression told him that his response had been unsatisfactory. Too cold, maybe. There weren’t many Kunari on Pollux, and there were even fewer like him – around Ashiel’s age, and with stories to tell of their travels throughout the galaxy. Even if he didn’t quite know how to interact with her, Van got a hint of how she must feel.

”Don’t worry,” he added, in a poor and hasty attempt to make his departure easier for her. ”I’ll be sure to visit next time I’m on Pollux.”

”Sure,” she said, all false confidence. ”See you, then, Van.”

And, with that, he left.

On his way back to the spaceport, he paused in his walk past a park-like area – he had noticed Kazue, the Blue Pulsar’s head medical officer, seated on a bench not far away and eating something wrapped in foil.

”Officer Kazue,” he said with an acknowledging nod as his path brought him close to where she was. Although he did not mean to interrupt her, he supposed it was better to be courteous and at least greet his fellow crew member.

Location: Recreation Sector, Pollux --& headed towards the spaceport
Company: Kazue
OOC: Yay, the Blue Pulsar now has a kitty!

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
кคzยє

“You don't make history by following the rules,
you make it by seizing the moment.”

She was three burgers down when a familiar voice called out. Her attention turned to the approaching kunari. Vandaron was always so formal with everyone else, and it appeared even with her insisting that he wouldn't change his way. Maybe it was a trait of his race or his upbringing. Nevertheless, Kazue smiled at him, lowering the burger from her face in favor of conversation.

"Officer Tashaal. Were you drawn to the food market as well?"

She re-wrapped the burger and put it away, glancing momentarily at the illuminated numbers of her wrist watch. Time was almost up unfortunately, but she'd planned to take most of her haul back to her room anyways. In a way, Vandaron's arrival stopped her from eating everything before they left.

"I guess my colors are showing." She almost giggled at her own comment, having made an unintentional poke at herself.

Rising to her feet, she scooped up her bags before the sound of yelling could be heard. Her attention turned back in the direction she was originally facing, spotting a scene not too far off. There stood a robust looking piece of machinery apparently not in a good mood, arguing with someone. She wouldn't give it much thought if the robot didn't look like a newborn animal stumbling about. Kazue also noticed Phi nearby, though, it wasn't hard to miss that mess of gold hair waving about.

"My my, I wonder what that is all about~?" Kazue said, her casual smile widening, "Maybe we should step in and do something about this before it gets too messy~." Without waiting for confirmation, the pervora began to head in the direction of the scene, lab coat waving softly with her casual pace.

Location: Recreation Sector of Pollux with Vandaron, and an approaching Fault and Phi.
            OOC: It's a bit short, I apologize, but it's a sort of segue into Connecto's post.

Business Businessman

User Image

ENDYMION NUEROBOTICS CO. LTD.
ORX - 9 'FAULT'
REASONING / PROBLEM SOLVING PSYCHOSHELL UNIT
CURRENT OPERATOR: ENGELOU ANATHEMAS

Somehow Engelou had managed, so far, to stumble the mechanical body which was now his exclusive body across the boulevard and into a park-like area. If anything, this area was favorable because the grass underfoot would provide a soft landing should he be unable to keep up this rocky-at-best footing. While he couldn't 'feel' any pain right now, he could still feel a sub-conscious desire to avoid damage where possible. Whether that was a leftover of his human sensibilities or the AI of the psychoshell imprinting self-preservation into his mind was neither here nor there.

He was more than aware that being shaky on his robo-pins was going to draw him some unwanted attention. He liked attention as much as the next guy, especially one who's been stuck in the vacuum of space for so long, in this sort of predicament we would rather stay on his own to work this out as much as possible. I wasn't long before a resident of Pollux made their way over the assess the situation.

"Excuse me, are you all right? Are you malfunctioning? I can get a technician if you need help." If the psychoshell had teeth, they would be clenched and grinding against each other right now.
"Mind your own damn business. I don't need any help. Get outta here!" He gesticulated with his arm, swinging it out to the side violently and dismissively which almost spun him right onto his metal a**. The response was naturally one of surprise and fear, as he sounded less like a malfunctioning robot and more like a drunken, belligerent lout. It didn't help that he was suddenly made aware that his body's internal firewall had just blocked an attempted intrusion, meaning that someone had tried to hack him. He didn't even realize that someone could potentially hack into him, and the question of what could someone even do if they were able to effectively hack into what was basically his brain?

The concept of this did scare him somewhat, so as soon as he knew where the potential threat was, he had to make himself look like the big man by turning around to face what looked like a weird-looking little girl.
"And you! What's your problem? I don't know what your deal is, but stay the hell out of my head." His voice raised to the point where it was starting to distort and become corrupted as his body became less able to synthesize his frustration.

And to make matters worse, he could see another figure approaching in his periphery. He was too stressed to take in every detail of the situation but it looked like some curvaceous alien-b***h sashaying in his direction. Had the situation been different, he probably would have been pleased about this turn of events. But not right now. He just wanted to get out of here so he could figure out what the hell was going on, and how to control his own damn body.

"Just leave me the hell alone!" He cried, the distortion in his voice making it barely audible before he suddenly jerked his torso and his legs in an attempt to run away. And attempt that failed misterably and set him face-first onto the floor.

"God dammit."

LOCATION: EATING GRASS IN THE PARK, FACING PHI AND WITH KAZUE+VAN NEARBY

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas