Welcome to Gaia! ::

You gonna join?

Yuppers! 0.30952380952381 31.0% [ 13 ]
Looks interesting, maybe. 0.26190476190476 26.2% [ 11 ]
Nah, just peekin' in. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 7 ]
OMG NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *runs away* 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 3 ]
*poses in poll whore position* ...My body is ready~<3 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 42 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12 >

O.G. Ladykiller

18,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Regular 100
When the storm draws nigh
Dreams will shatter before your eyes
Know that you're not alone

User Image
Daughter of a Lost Bloodline

When the battle starts
I will comfort your restless heart
You'll know that you are home

User Image

User Image
Of course Sigurd had the situation under control. As Leila made her way around the room carefully, she made sure to keep a careful eye on his position. She had already made a mental map of the room, scouted the exits-both conventional and otherwise-and was prepared to make an escape should things go downhill for them. Not that she didn't trust the bandit to prevail, but relying on others' success for her own survival didn't seem like an appealing option.

Another sip of wine, and she continued to make her way across the room. She had managed to avoid any unwanted conversation by simply looking like she had somewhere else to be, keeping her eye on some spot on the wall, and walking straight towards that point. Her gaze was only broken by occasional glances to the side to reassure herself of her allies' locations.

What was it that Sigurd was up to? He had been understandably quiet about the exact details of his plan. She frowned slightly as she watched him chat up the princess. Definitely not the best way to lay low, but...well, he knew what he was doing. If only-

A collision with a particularly heavy and fast-moving object interrupted her thoughts. At first, she thought she might have misjudged her location, and in her distracted state, walked straight into a wall. Before she could even catch her balance, she felt the solid grip on her arm, and her stance steadied.

"It's...quite alright. I should have been more careful, as well." she replied as she turned to face the man. Her eyes moved quickly over his form: a keen eye would catch her slight, momentary pauses in locations where a weapon might be hidden before she met his gaze.

"I didn't think I'd see anyone so...obviously from Yumura." she said, eying his robes. It had been far too long since she left the country she considered home, and the aesthetic of the silver stitching brought back fond memories. However, something was clearly out of place about this man. Perhaps it was the slightly won status of his clothes, or his slightly heavier-than average breathing, but he didn't quite sit right.

"It's quite a long way to travel just to attend some party." She said, scowling slightly as she glanced behind him, to where a few guards entered the room, standing guard at a previously unblocked entrance. She mouthed a quiet curse, nothing befitting a lady of any sort of status. She was out of earshot, but it seemed that the security was on edge about...something. Had they been found out already?

OOC:
User Image

User Image

[Location Ballroom filled with people][ Company Stuffy Nobles and a random woman]

[Feelings Anxious yet annoyed ][ Thoughts Does my luck always have to be this bad?]

Nostrils flared as he struggled to steady his breath, but failed in doing so. He wasn't prepared with his plans to be this skewed. Sure, plans be damned because these things rarely went as planned but this night had basically then a complete turn around. He was supposed to be on his way to the docks by now. Hitch a ride on a boat back to Yumera to get this amulet out of his hands so he could wash them of this political banter. Yet, here he was. In the presence of more politics at a party, ready to give up on this entire thing completely.

Carefully, he watched the young woman before him. Engaging in whatever casual conversation she wanted. Panicking only led to drawing attention. Like animals humans could sense that pouring off of others, and it in turn makes others feel in danger. Act normal, he repeated like a mantra in his mind.

His eyes followed hers as she didn't even really attempt to disguise her evaluation of him. Even the cloak so casually draped over his body could hide the katana tied by his hip. He wouldn't be surprised if he had hit her with it when he promptly slammed into her. Yet, she seemed collected even seeing the weapons on him. Sure, there were other men in here adorning swords, but he could almost bet most of them weren't carrying a blade that his own culture crafted.

He forced a grin when she stated her observation so casually. How bold. That gave him reason to return the favor, looking over her form for any weapons. She was intelligent and observant, if that wasn't a tip that she wasn't an average noble he didn't know what was. " I prefer the robes of my home than any other. It's comforting when you find yourself in such a foreign place," he answered, playing along. His eyes met hers, his grin faded into a blank expression as he shifted in his place. " It is a long way to travel for a party, which is why I am not solely here for this event. My presence was just a happy accident," he explained.

Looking her over again, he saw the cautious look in her eye. The almost animalistic attention to the details around her person. She was on edge as well, and perhaps he had brought some added stress along to ruin her quiet evening. At least he wasn't alone in feeling like an angry animal with spears pointed at him from all sides. "Is there a problem with my attendance in traditional Yumera robes?" he asked wanting to prod further.

User Image
xxxx
xxx

✫ - ✬ - ✭ - ✮ - ✯ - ✰ - ✱ - ✲ - ✳ - ✴ - ✵ - ⋆
HANAKO YAMAUCHI
Yumura's Thief Princess of the Baju Bloodline

xxxx
xxx

Where:Ballroom
With:Ivory and a bunch of people
Feeling:Overwhelmed
xxxx

xxxx
xxxxx
xxx
xxxx

In situations like these, Hanako didn’t need a knight in shining armor to save her from all the unwanted scrutiny; she had Senshi. The fluffy Akita ate up all the extra attention, lavishing in his fan’s admiration. In this particular case, it was a young boy who provided Senshi with the opening he needed to worm his way into the onlooker’s hearts and steal their attention. The boy was probably about 12 or 13 years old—too dignified to just run up and throw himself at the “puppy”, but still too young to resist playing with him.
User Image
“Go ahead, he won’t hurt you.” Hanako said before the boy, who couldn’t seem to look away from the dog, had even opened his mouth. With a nudge from his mistress, Senshi yipped playfully at the boy. Not a minute later, Senshi had somehow managed to charm everyone around him. Two men, who Hanako assumed were celebrating their new knighthood, even joined in on the fun. Thankfully, the men moved through the crowd towards the door since there wasn’t enough room for their rough-housing. Hanako wasn’t too worried at this point—if anything happened to her, Senshi would still be able to hear her, so she let him go.

With a silent thanks to her savior, the Yumuran princess used the distraction to sneak away, meling into the crowds as well as she could. However, considering that her Eumerian gown did nothing to hide her Yumuran features and the royal Yumuran crest pinned to her right shoulder, she didn’t blend in very well. At least the attention wasn’t nearly like it was a moment ago. Now the only attention she received was a few curious glances here or there as she made her way through the crowd, searching for anyone of Eumerian royal blood.

Relief from the oppressive crowd came in the form of a man leaning against one of the walls. For some reason, the crowd had moved so that no one had to stand close to him. As she drew closer to him, Hanako only became more confused. The people acted almost afraid of him, yet…he didn’t look that scary. He gave off a slightly cold vibe, but Hanako was used to that. After years on the streets, many of her friends had that vibe too, so it didn’t bother her.

“Mind if I join you?” She asked, a kind smile on her lips. Without bothering to wait for an answer, she moved to lean on the wall beside him. Polite and cautious as always, she made sure to keep a comfortable distance between them. Reaching up, Hanako smoothed back her hair, trying to calm her frazzled nerves. . Before she’d arrived, she had carefully pulled her hair into an intricate braid—something she heard was in fashion here in Eumeria—but a few irritating strands had fallen loose to tickler her nose.

“Are parties always like this in Eumeria?” She turned her warm brown eyes towards the male at her side.

Blessed Mage

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

C R O W NXXP R I N C E S SXXOOO FXXOOE U M E R I A

User ImageUser Image

LOCATION . :: Remal Castle COMPANY . :: Several people THOUGHTS . :: I could never be like that... SOUNDTRACK . :: Waltz with Comrades OOC . :: GODDAMN THIS IS SHORT. ; .; SORRY!!!!

Alyss gave a small smile at him mentioning she was observant, however one thought hit her like a rampaging horse. He's only 'half' Nordric?! He didn't look it one bit, he must have inherited the Nordric features mostly she assumed as she stared up at him while they moved across the floor in rhythmic motion. It was then when he brought up her being a bit 'off' to put it lightly, that she gave a wry smirk and chuckled. "He worries about me of course, but it's that very fact of me training so hard which gives me the capability to be living right now, so he can't deny it or tell me not to. If I hadn't strengthened myself as much as I have, I don't think I'd be around...to put it simply." It was an extremely cryptic reply, Alyss knew this, but she wasn't about to tell her life story to a complete stranger. The man was definitely one of those souls that would cause people to follow him, an innate, natural leader. He had that air of superiority and strength that no one that were, as he put it, content to sit on their rumps and do nothing but bark orders would be able to do.

Contemplating her next words, Alyss decided at least to open up a little without saying too much, The best way to make friends is to take the first step with trust in your heart...but never trust both feet to them right off the bat. "I consider my strength the thing that keeps me able to wake up everyday and walk on my own two feet without worries. I will do everything I can to keep that ability. ...How about you, I've told you quite a bit about myself, but I don't even have your name yet. Hirheim is a rather grey area of my knowledge, I know a bit about it, but I'm sure there's always more I could learn from a native. ...I hear it's an unforgiving place due to the intense and constant winter. I imagine it is a place difficult to live in, but a proud place to have been raised. Even with all the training and effort I put into my own life, I imagine I wouldn't have been able to survive such a place. ...So I must admit my curiosity of how you survived such a rumor shrouded place to see the light of today." Alyss had her eyes closed as she thought over her words, letting the motion and the music take over as she let her thoughts flow. It was true, her frail and weak condition would have made it impossible for her to survive at all in Hirheim if she were to have been born there. Studying enough bore that piece of information rather clearly.

The government was radically different from the other three kingdoms as well, Alyss learned the structure of their government and shuddered at the thought of even trying to become a ruler there while following their laws. Hirheim being a place of absolute strength is power, following the law of the strong have more power than the weak...she would have been stamped out even if she had somehow survived the elements. ...Or would she? She willed herself to survive everything against her here, maybe if she was raised in that circumstance, she might have overcome those odds as well. As she was silent in thought, listening to the stranger's reply, Alyss had to admit that she almost felt a strange familiarity to the gentleman, almost along the lines of a kindred spirit. Alyss opened her eyes to see what was going on around her after ceasing her thoughts for a bit.

User Image

Dapper Newb

User Image

Sigurd Dulhahn
The Last of the Dakan

"Heh. You practice that speech in the mirror?" She definitely had her father's gift for words, that much was certain. "I hear you though. Hirheim's an interesting place, both in good and bad ways."

Though the snowy wasteland held a special place in his heart, the man having spent more than a decade living upon one of its frigid peaks, he could hardly deny that the place had its issues as well. "It's the sort of place that won't coddle, that won't show mercy. Money can only get you so far, and the folks who think differently usually end up with their throats slit and their bodies left to freeze. Strength takes precedence." Bit of a blunt way of putting, but to Sigurd it was the most concise method. In Hirheim the strength of one's character was more important than the strength of their bloodline, or their coffer. A lot of people couldn't stomach it, but to Sigurd it was refreshing. Throughout his travels as a child he'd seen all manner of corruption. Nobles stuffing their faces while the poor starved, people condemned due to no reason other than birth. At least in Hirheim such issues were less prominent.

"A bit brutal, some would say, but it's an honest place all the same." He'd mutter fondly. "Sure, it's a murderous wasteland damned by the gods above, but it's not like we pretend otherwise. We embrace that fact, really."

As he spoke his gaze would occasionally wander over to the king, the anticipation nearly unbearable. Soon, he'd watch that b*****d squirm. He felt a bit bad about subjecting the princess to the whole, but some things just couldn't be helped. "...as for how I survived? Same way any other Nordric does. I know how to pick my fights."

That was the rule of thumb in Hirheim. Neither the weak or the arrogant survived for long. One had to be capable of backing up their boasts, if they didn't wish for an early end. "Honestly, Princess, you seem like the sort who'd manage well in Hirheim too." It sounded like madness, but Sigurd was actually being truthful. She seemed to have a certain spark to her, one that most nobles lacked. "I mean, you don't really fit the stereotype but all the same."

With a final glance to the king, Sigurd would speak again. "Also, Princess, I curious on whether you could do me a quick favor." The gift still needed to be delivered. "I was wondering if you could help me approach the king. I don't exactly feel comfortable waltzing up a man of his statue, but I was really hoping I could give him the gift I had."

O.G. Ladykiller

18,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Regular 100
When the storm draws nigh
Dreams will shatter before your eyes
Know that you're not alone

User Image
Daughter of a Lost Bloodline

When the battle starts
I will comfort your restless heart
You'll know that you are home

User Image

User ImageHidden weapons, cryptic answers...everything she noted about the young man added up to one thing: he belonged in this room just about as much as she did. Causing a scene would only bring unnecessary trouble, for now at least. She kept the thought in the back of her mind.

She let what she hoped was a knowing smile pass over her lips. She knew there was something out of place about this man, and with the way he responded to her slow examination, she guessed that he knew the same about her. She had no visible weapons on her; she made sure of that.

Not that she had come unprepared, though. The silk gloves that covered her arms up to her elbow looked far less conspicuous than the armored gauntlets she had concealed. A simple illusion, something she had perfected early on in her studies. She still had to be cautious; though the disguise was visibly sound, anyone stepping too close or grabbing her arm would feel the rough metal and leather where silk should be. Illusions were fickle things, really, and one person calling her on her bluff could be enough to unravel the magic entirely.

"No, no trouble at all." she said. "I was merely surprised. You see, it's been quite some time since I've seen such fine craftsmanship. I spent many years studying in Yumura. To be honest, it's making me a touch homesick." she chuckled.
Her words came idly. Clearly, the conversation was not at the front of her thoughts.
"Most people, though...don't appreciate being so easily visible." she said with a bit of a smile. "Everyone will remember the man in Yumuran robes, no doubt."

Now that she was being watched, she didn't dare even chance a glance towards Sigurd. The tension in the air was almost unbearable, though the majority of the party guests were completely unaware.

"Perhaps..." she said slowly. "If a certain man from Yumura needs to make himself scarce, there will be an opportunity to do so soon."

Company:A man from Yumura
OOC:

Blessed Mage

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

LOCATION . :: Remal Castle COMPANY . :: Several people THOUGHTS . :: ...I don't know why, but - ...no. SOUNDTRACK . :: Waltz with Comrades OOC . :: HURK

Chuckling quietly at being accused of practicing her reply in the mirror, Alyss shook her head in reply. "Maybe once when I was very little, otherwise, as of currently, no practice was involved beforehand." Alyss was silent and pensive as she listened to the man, something was strange as he keenly avoided giving her his name as she had requested. Whether he was caught up in the conversation or intentionally avoided it, Alyss was not one to jump to conclusions despite her suspicions. He didn't seem bad at all, more so, it seemed strange and out of place that he didn't introduce himself more than anything. He complimented her on being possibly being able to manage well in Hirheim, saying she didn't fit the stereotype of a typical princess. To her, that was a great compliment as she was never one to sit back like most people, even her own father, wanted her to. Her mother fell ill and passed away from being frail like she was and as she had listened to others telling her to rest and not push herself to get better, Alyss felt that her mother might have survived if she had not listened to those who had talked her down...but she knew she didn't have all the information thus never voiced her true opinion on the matter, even to her own father. Looking up at him, Alyss nodded to the stranger, "Well, if being constant in hard work and striving to better yourself everyday makes you excluded from the stereotype you expected of me, I'll consider that a compliment." she quipped quickly,

The song they were dancing to drew to a close and she paused as she heard the strange request from the man asking her to assist him with going to the King. It wasn't unfounded, a foreigner approaching the royalty alone to give a present would possibly spark suspicion among the knights and the royal guard. It was a miracle that they hadn't sprung to action on him dancing with the princess, but all the same, it was better this way in Alyss' opinion. At least she could enjoy herself, granted she hadn't found Ivory and was caught up in meeting with the nobles, but with what she did do, it was pretty fun beyond being stuck in a dress she wasn't used to wearing. After thinking it through, Alyss figured at least if all else happens, she was capable of protecting her father from any attack that the Nordric gentleman might make if worse came to worse. He was large, much more capable of overpowering her just by size alone, but at least Alyss was used to fighting larger people due to dueling the knights at the academy. "If that would make your night enjoyable, I don't see why I can't at least introduce you to him for a simple gift." Alyss walked towards the king, gently moving through the crowd until she was within his sight and he greeted her happily.

"I never got to tell you this, Alyss, but you look stunning in that dress. Are you enjoying yourself?" The king promptly asked cheerfully, giving his daughter a large hug and looking down at her after kissing her forehead.

"Yes I am, this man has a gift for you, he requested that I go with him to give it to you as he didn't want to raise unwanted suspicion by approaching you alone." Alyss explained, stepping aside to allow the man to step forward and putting her hands folded in front of her politely. "I hope I didn't overstep my bounds by doing so."

"No no, that's quite all right, Alyss. This is a celebration, although I do believe that this is for the knights that have passed their tests and are graduating the academy...not for myself! Haha! However, I do not mind meeting a new face, especially one that has earned the trust of my little one here." The King replied jovially, patting Alyss on the head, causing her to gain a flat, irritated look.

"...Do you Have to word it like that?!"

"Of course, I'm your father, I can get away with that kind of thing! You'd be my 'little one' even if you were six feet tall, Alyss. You'll get over it." The king snickered as he teased his daughter before turning to the gentleman again. "She's headstrong, so my apologies if she may have rubbed you the wrong way in any form." King Daemus watched as she moved to stand at the side between him and the stranger, not wishing to get in their way, but not wanting to leave in case the 'gift' was of sour intent.

User Image

Combative Soldier

16,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

╒═══════════════════════════+++++++
Ivory++Tominida+++++
++═══════════════════════════╛+++++
"A warrior's body may break but if his will is strong he will never fall."

It wasn't hard for Ivory to spot Alyss and with a Nordric to. His hand as he let it lay down at the side balling up in his fist a little annoyed. "Dam Nordircs why the hell do they have to be here why the hell does all these other bottom feeders have to be here?" He was getting more annoyed people like them deserved no right to interact with him or Alyss that and there way of thinking was no better then the Tominida themselves. But one could see Ivory wasn't very kind to others from lands that where not his maybe even racist. He was watching the two talk and dance from where he stood he didn't trust the man with his closet friend and it angered him. It wasn't that Ivory wished to dance with Alyss for he couldn't even dance if he wanted to be a Tominida and all dancing really wasn't on there to do list.

That was until a new comer had come right besides him and without fear that might be added. From what he could tell it was a Yumuran and not only that she wore the royal family crest something odd even for him. "You stand by a Tominida Yumuran I'm surprised you would even stand by such one of my family especially since you seem to be apart of the Royal family as well." The Tominida where well known to all armies and royals just because of how much they where used in wars. It was a trait for them war what the Tominida always trained for however it would explain why his father had been getting restless now. Why because no fighting had broken out yet. He was quietly now watching as the Nordric and Alyss made a move to king.

The Yumuran spoke then about the party and how if it was like this all the time in Emuerian parties. "It depends if you are a lower noble family or the standard common Knight then yes Tominida however in the end don't usually deal with the weaker worms of the Kingdom." His tone was still cold like the normal way he spoke to anyone. Besides who was this Yumuran royal to think she could speak with him. Yumuran were also worms as such they needed to be crushed as well. However the king had seamed to be making some sort of peace with them maybe this was why. Maybe this Yumuran was here to talk with the king on peace but no she didn't give off that feeling. The feeling she gave off to him was somewhat hard to explain in his words despite her wearing a noble symbol she had no sign or acted like Nobility at all. Still he would not give her any different treatment then anybody who spoke to him.

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰

++Area : At the party hanging back
++Whos with me : myself and Yumuran now
++My emotions : Getting a little worked up

Evaelyn_Rose
User Image
xxxx
xxx

HANAKO YAMAUCHI

xxxx
xxx

Where:At the Party
With:Ivory
Feeling:Happy
xxxx

xxxx
xxxxx
xxx
xxxx

User Image
Tominida…Tominida…Tominida…Hanako’s eyes lit with recognition. Yes, she’d heard of the Tominidans—the brutish family infamous for their strength and ferociousness in battle. Their name had even reached the streets of Yumura, if she remembered correctly. ‘Attack dogs’ is what Hanako’s tutor of the last few years had nicknamed them. Her tutor had gone on to say that they weren't much better than merciless, brainless, well-paid mercenaries. Considering that her tutor had been a strict intellectual, abhorring violence in all its forms, Hanako assumed that her analysis of the warrior family was a bit exaggerated. Then again, seeing how his own people avoided him, maybe her tutor wasn't so far off the mark.

As Hanako kept her eyes out towards the crowd, she eventually saw who could only be Princess Alyss with the king. Even if she hadn’t been shown portraits of them before her arrival, she’d have known who they were. The body language of the people around them—all respect and awe and fierce loyalty—was a dead giveaway. Unfortunately for the Yumuran, now didn’t look like the best of time to approach them. They were already in a conversation with a giant of a man and Hanako didn’t want to seem rude.

As the man spoke again, his words snapped Hanako out of her planning, causing her to giggle. She shook her head and glanced at him, her eyes dancing with mischief,
“Those worms might surprise you one day.” Like I showed them…Hanako added silently. Up until a few years ago, she’d been living on the streets of Yumura, doing whatever was necessary to stay alive. She’d been called many things back in the day, worm being one of the least offensive ones. Yet, in spite of everyone’s insistence that she’d amount to nothing but a worm or bug or whore or whatever else they felt like calling her, she had made something of herself. And, no, that wasn’t her being recognized as a princess. Hanako would have been perfectly happy if that had never happened.

“And why should I care if you’re a Tominida?” She asked, after a moment’s thought. Leaning her head back on the wall, she smiled. “Just because someone carries a family’s name does not mean they are the family. Everyone is their own person, responsible for their own actions. I won’t immediately condemn or favor a person just because of their heritage. That sort of thing never really made sense to me…Plus, you seem kind of nice! You’ve already helped me once, after all.”

shadowassain123

Dapper Newb

User Image

Sigurd Dulhahn
The Last of the Dakan

"You're daughter was wonderful, my king." Sigurd would speak, tone practically dripping reverence. "I appreciate those who are willing to speak their minds."

Approaching the seated man, the snowy-haired man would drop down into a kneel. Head bowed, he'd reach into his coat to retrieve the gift in question. It was a small package, neatly wrapped. Touching it would show that whatever was within was soft, made of some sort of cloth. Clothing perhaps, or maybe even a banner. Holding it out to the man, Sigurd would continue to speak.

"Throughout your prosperous reign you've earned yourself a grand reputation, and have accomplished a number of deeds in the name of this great kingdom. I felt that it was only proper that I offer you a memento of one these deeds, so that you might never forget."

Eyes still painting the floor, he'd wait for the king to unwrap the package, trying his best to stifle a smile. Whenever the king chose to open it, he'd be met with an unusual sight. Neatly folded, albeit somewhat tattered, was a flag. It was obvious that it had seen its fair share of abuse over the countless years, the ends frayed and the cloth stained. To the average individual it would've come off as a poor gift, but to the king it would most likely hold a different meeting. Once it had been unfolded, a crest could be seen emblazoned in the center. It was the emblem of the Fivir.

Sigurd hadn't lied, it was indeed a souvenir of one of the king's past conquests. Yet, this was a event that the man most likely would've preferred to forget.

"Is it to your liking, m'lord? It took me some time to find one that hadn't been burned to ash."

Blessed Mage

12,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

LOCATION . :: Remal Castle COMPANY . :: Father and the Stranger THOUGHTS . :: What is it? SOUNDTRACK . :: Secrets and Shadows Beneath the Eumerian Throne OOC . :: HURK

The King held the flag unfolded within the box to avoid showing it to even his own daughter, his face was pale and his brow shadowed his eyes from view as he had his head tilted down. Alyss' skin was riddled with goosebumps, her curiosities being sent into a rampage as she watched her father and the stranger's interactions. After seeing that they weren't saying anything, she stepped forward to see what was inside but immediately was stopped by a large hand clamping firmly on her shoulder. The king's grip on his daughter's shoulder was almost painful as she could feel his hand shaking despite the solid hold it had on Alyss' shoulder. "F-Father...What is it?"

"Alyss, can you excuse yourself please? I must talk with this man alone." The king's voice was void of the warmth it had when he had greeted the pair earlier. Something inside that box had rattled her father, very much...and Alyss couldn't help but worry if her father would be okay with the man alone.

"Allow me to stay father, I'm sure I can handle th - ."

"Leave, Alyss!" The King erupted, turning his gaze, stern and fierce, on his daughter who couldn't help but step back at the order for her to excuse herself. His face immediately softened and he had a rueful frown on his face as he felt remorse for bursting out like that to Alyss. "This doesn't concern you, Alyss...I would appreciate being able to talk to him alone. Please leave us be for a bit."

Alyss was stubborn but silent, as she heard him kindly ask her to leave, she felt defeat wash over her mind as she immediately nodded to her father. "Yes father...Excuse me." Alyss said sadly, turning away and making to walk past Sigurd...whether he would allow her to stay or leave, was another question entirely though.

User Image

Dapper Newb

User Image

Sigurd Dulhahn
The Last of the Dakan

The smile on his face was unwavering as Alyss began to leave on orders of the king. Though he personally would've preferred that she leave, a part of him felt otherwise. It was obvious from the confusion in her tone that she knew nothing of her father's crimes, of how he had committed genocide upon an innocent clan. He couldn't blame him for not telling her, the topic wasn't the sort of thing that one could discuss casually, but even so Alyss deserved to know the kind of monster her father was.

Standing up, he'd hold out an arm to block Alyss's escape. "Stay, Princess. You deserve to see what is about to unfold." He hoped the king would offer little objection, after all he wasn't the one in control of the discussion. Not by a long shot. Eyes still set upon Daemus, the smile he'd worn only moments before had vanished and been replaced by a frown. Sigurd had to admit, he felt a measure of excitement. He had waited so long for this moment, and to see the fear and anger dancing in Daemus's was wonderful. The man had tried to evade his judgement for too long, and now it was time he finally faced the consequences.

"You can't run from the past, King." Muttered Sigurd, stepping forward. His whole body was tensed, ready to act in case the man sicced the guards on him. "There's something that you need to tell your daughter...in fact, there's something you need to tell this entire room." He kept his voice quiet, letting it be so only the king and princess would be able to hear him.

"Go on, stand up. Let these people know the man their king truly is."

Combative Soldier

16,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

╒═══════════════════════════+++++++
Ivory++Tominida+++++
++═══════════════════════════╛+++++
"A warrior's body may break but if his will is strong he will never fall."

Ivory simply listened to the Yumuran he didn't laugh his face still remained cold there was nothing different about this folks and he simply stated to her. "Yumuran the Tominida have unnatural strength and endurance non of these people can compare up to such a thing. No one will surprise us they are weak no matter how hard they are trained for what is a Tominida if they are not hardened for battle like a sword we are forged for that and nothing else." The Tominida had always been warriors since the beginning of the world there was no changing that. As such they had honed there bodies to be the best they could there training.

He then gritted his teeth about at her and her words about him being his own person. "We all can have our own way and our own path however we can not escape what we are destined to be Yumuran I am destined to be a warrior of the Tominida and a man who is feared no matter what." He then got out of Postion watching the kings face and now the man grabbing Alyss's arm he now looked mad as he walked away from the women beside him. "Hmph nice is not a word you should be using for a Tominida trying to befriend me could lead to a short unexpected life." The coldness was alway there but this was more different this women knew nothing about him and yet she would try to get close to him. He had no need to know Yumuran and that was that.

This Nordric however was going to get a taste of his fist instead this man had been getting on his nerves for sometime now. Not because he had dared dance with Alyss he knew Alyss could not say no as she was trained to be polite the Tominida however showed no incline to be as such. The man was now walking through the crowd as people saw the anger on his face and many knew why. Many where backing out of his way as he walked he wasn't to far from the group as his yelled to the man holding his arm to his friend who clearly looked a bit distressed. "Nordric back away from Alyss before I break that arm of yours!" His voice was deadly serious with a strong coldness to it. Ivory was now walking with a little more weight his light armor making some noise as the plates hit each other.

He was now right by the group and he simply got ready to throw a punch. What Ivory didn't know the Branch family where no readying themselves just in case Ivory got out of hand. He looked at the king and stated. "My lord if you wish I can remove this trash and deal with him outside I have no problem making sure this Nordric leaves in a casket back to home." His face had no emotion on it he was ready to do something. Killing was all he could think about to remove this man from here right now. Even if the king said no he highly doubted he would care he probably would throw a punch anyways just because the man dare harm his friend. Ivory was itching for this something to unleash his anger at something to let it all out and why not the face of this dam Nordric.

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔰

++Area : standing with the king and daughter as well this Nordric in front of all the party guests.
++Whos with me : Myself, Alyss, The king and this fool Nordric
++My emotions : Angry now ready to punch something

Evaelyn_Rose
The Cake Boss
Morgaen Rose
User Image
xxxx
xxx

HANAKO YAMAUCHI

xxxx
xxx

Where:Party
With:Alyss, Ivory, Sigurd, the King
Feeling:Ready and Waiting
xxxx

xxxx
xxxxx
xxx
xxxx

Hanako had always found men like this Tominidan endearing. They were so straight-forward, blunt and honest, a rarity in the Yumuran noble courts. Hell, those qualities were rare even in the thieves’ courts of the Yumuran streets, and with good reason. Anyway, Hanako liked people like that—she found them interesting and fun. They reminded her of her friends and how she used to be, back in the day when she could afford to act recklessly. She envied him.
User Image

Hearing him continue to talk about being destined to be a warrior, Hanako simply smiled, not wanting to waste her breath. There was no point in arguing with the man so obviously set in his ways, so she kept quiet, even if she didn’t agree with him. After all, how could she? She’d been told all her life that she was ‘fated’ to be a street rate and a parasite, only to learn that her father was the Emporer. Now the same people who called her vermin before were telling her that she’s ‘fated’ to be a princess. She hadn’t listened to them before and she sure as hell wasn’t going to listen to them now, but they just wouldn’t shut up. Why were people so fixated on what they’re ‘fated’ to be? Hanako knew she wasn’t fated to be a princess, just like she knew she wasn’t fated to be a street rate. Hanako was Hanako and she wouldn’t die until people understood that.

“Sounds interesting.” She called to his back. However, as she spoke, her mind had already traveled to a more pressing issue; whatever was going on between the princess, the king and the Nordic man. Hanako pushed herself off the way, the hairs on the back of her neck standing straight up. During her time on the streets, she became pretty good at reading body language, so it was pretty easy to figure out what she was seeing now. It wasn’t like they were trying to hide whatever was going. The Nordic was a threat and the fact that he was being so direct with his ‘attack’ meant one of three things; he was stupid, suicidal or powerful. Hanako doubted the first two—he had effortlessly snuck into this party, which meant he wasn’t stupid, and he definitely wasn’t suicidal. Even from back here, Hanako recognized his expression—she’d worn it a few times herself. It was triumph and excitement. It practically radiated off the man. So, that left powerful.

“Senshi!” She called out, confident that the dog would hear her even from outside of the party. With an inward sigh, Hanako merged with the crowd of people. The Tominidan was an idiot for ‘attacking’ the situation head-on. Anyone with the amount of confidence that Nordic radiated wouldn’t be taken down easily. Not to mention that the Nordic was probably already aware of the Tomindan’s presence and would have a plan to deal with people like him. ‘At least he’ll provide a good distraction.’ For now, the best course of action was to get one or both the King and the Princess out of there.

After covering most of the distance between herself and the situation, Senshi was by her side.
“Situation control. Make sure the Princess and I get out of here.” Hanako hoped she’d be able to get both of them out of there, but that was an unrealistic ideal. And since the Nordic’s attention seemed to be centered around the King, the Princess was her best bet. Without any other commands, Senshi vanished from Hanako’s side once again. Pulling her war fan out of her sash, she held the disguised weapon expertly as she moved into place to the side of the group. She was still in the crowd, hanging back to wait for the perfect moment to jump in, snatch the princess and get out.

Morgaen Rose's Husband

Dapper Knight

Raistlin
Verdugo
Lino

User Image
"The Wind of Hirheim"

User Image

The Nordric knight couldn't help but be amused by the Valkyris' reply to his questions, an almost imperceptible grin appearing on his face to reflect this fact. "I'm pretty sure I'm a man, yes. Maybe you'd like to experience it firsthand?" Raistlin tried his best to put on a teasing tone of voice, but it just came out as serious as his other lines so far. Ah well, it was nothing to fret over, as it was just some friendly joking between two people at a party. "I'm Raistlin Lino, a graduate of the Knight Academy here in Eumeria." With this statement made, he waited a few seconds before adding. "Where I come from, when a someone introduces themselves, the other party follows suit. Rules of cordiality and all that." He said this in almost mock hurt voice, which again came out more serious than he wished for it to. It was at that moment that he felt holes being bored into the back of his skull and his hair stood on end due to killing intent. Turning his head to look back, he spotted the princess glaring in his general direction, apparently frustrated that he'd chosen to talk to this winged woman instead of going over to her and making small talk. Scoffing slightly, Raistlin chose to ignore things as they stood, but he did take note of the other Nordric man who had shown up and taken Alyss aside to dance. He couldn't quite place his finger on it, but something about the man...even from such a distance, just seemed off to Raistlin. People from Hirheim were extremely reticient in dealing with other countries at times, preferring instead to handle their own affairs. So what possible reason could a man like that have for coming here, to this kingdom and this festive event? The answer to that question eluded Raistlin for the moment as he went back to talking with the Valkyris woman, but ever so slightly he'd changed changed angles to where he could better keep an eye on the Nordric man and Alyss. One could never be too careful, even with their own people. At some point in the future Raistlin lost sight of the two, but quickly managed to locate them by the King...well, locate the Nordric man at least, since Alyss was so tiny he had trouble keeping tabs on her. At that point he had engaged in a dance with the Valkyris woman, who herself proved to be quite good at it. The festivities, it seemed, were going off without a hitch. That was, of course, until a commotion started to form. The crowd near the king was audibly gasping and whispering, and it all seemed to be the work of the Nordric man who he'd kept tabs on throughout the night. It seemed that Raistlin's suspicions of ulterior motives had been spot on. Of course then that musclehead that Alyss knew decided to be a complete idiot and start yelling about sending the Nordric home in a casket. At that moment he left the Valkyris woman with a sign to stay put as he weaved his way through the crowd until he was face to face with the group in the front. The King looked Absolutely distressed, and Alyss was being barred from leaving by the Nordric man. A veritable recipe for disaster, that's what this had managed to devolve into.

Mentally kicking himself for not being more careful, Raistlin decided there was only one possible way to handle this situation, defuse both sides to the best of his abilities. "Maybe if you'd stop insulting him and actually used that tiny thing you call a brain for once, you'd see how your idea of a strategy is pretty piss poor in this situation." Raistlin barked these words at Ivory, the irritation and borderline contempt clearly audible in his tone. This was NOT the way to handle this, especially at an event such as this.

"And you, son of the North...Yllä harmaan korven korpit laulaa
Hurme tämän kansan roudan sulattaa.
Katso kuinka hohkaa kansi taivaan.
Kutsuu se meitä tumman virran taa.
Heikot vaipuu kuohuun sysimustaan,
Sankarit kun astuu joen rantaan.
Halki iäisyyden laulu raikaa
Kutsuu se veljiä tumman virran taa."
The words that Raistlin uttered were part of an old Hirheim song, used to calm tense situations and reach an agreement on how it could be best resolved, the Hirheim way. "I know not what brought you here, but the fact of the matter is that whatever goal you've set out to accomplish, you've made your point. From one son of the north to another, I would hate for this night to have to end in violence. I have to commend you though, the bravery of Hirheim runs strong in you. Not many would be equal parts brave and foolish enough to try something like this, not unless they had an ace up their sleeve. So I ask you, as one Nordric to another, will you stay you hand for the moment and allow them to end this night in peace?" Raistlin himself was trying his best to keep this situation under control, even though negotiations was not something taught at the Knight Academy. "If nothing else, let the princess go and settle whatever feud you have with the king himself. Judging by her reaction, she's an innocent party in all of this." Stall, buy time, attempt to appease them. If this gambit succeeded, then everyone could more or less be kept safe in this situation, particularly the innocent people who had nothing to do with this feud. On the other hand, the king himself still seemed visibly shaken from whatever he'd seen in the box, which made Raistlin wonder: What sort of relic from the past could shake the monarch of Eumeria so? Whatever the case, it didn't make any sense, since Eumeria stayed out of Hirheim's affairs, and Hirheim did the same. So why was a Nordric of all people doing this?

"Can you hear it? The sound of the killing wind?"

Quote:

"Above the darkened woods, blackened ravens sing
As flows the people's blood, to melt these frozen grounds.
See how glows the sky, how curve the heavens above us.
It beckons, calling us, to the lands beyond the dark stream.
Those weakened, to the darkest of streams shall drown,
And when heroes, those riverbanks will reach.
The sounds of singing, across eternity shall echo
Calling our brothers, to journey, afar, beyond the dark stream."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas