Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor Poll

+1 1 100.0% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

User Image

Amelia Sunsong

Location: On the way to Almeria
                                                  Company: Vrases
                                                  Status: Hoping the stables are still where she remembers

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

She nodded, her hands again clasped together in a gesture of gratitude, as the stranger introduced himself. Quite polite though her attention quickly returned to the donkey. He was responding well to Vrases that Amelia wondered if the young man had grown up on a farm. Jasper was not only her newest addition to her own farm, but the first donkey she owned. Previously she had horses, but horses were more expensive and her funds had been running low. So she got a donkey. He was a good worker but at times like this she wished she had gotten another horse.

Vrases spoke again and quickly her hand scrawled quickly across the paper, “He’s just a fat a**.” She glared lightly at the donkey as she held up the paper. She supposed since this was the first time she’d taken the donkey this far from her little farm that she should have expected some sort of hiccup. At least he didn’t get hurt. Or they didn’t run into bandits as Jasper was being stubborn. Oh! Her hands fell back to her sides as she looked at Vrases and wondered if that was why he was so armed.

‘Well, not like you really have anything worth stealing anyways.’ She told herself as she tried to get Jasper to move back to the road. Again he stood still and she sighed before following Vrases’ example and leading the donkey with a bit of grass. The donkey followed though at a rather slow pace. ‘Oh come on, Jasper. At this rate it’ll be night by the time we get to the city.’

It wasn’t that much longer to the city, in fact, in the distance she could see the outer walls. The last time she was in the city, which was quite some time ago, there were some stables near the outer walls. She planned on boarding Jasper there before going further into the city. Finally near the road again she held the lead rope under one arm as she started to scribble again.

“He’s not usually this disagreeable. Must be nervous about being so far from home.” She apologized, holding the paper up to Vrases again. Hopefully Jasper wasn’t as troublesome on the way back.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"In the limitless space of a rhyme
                                                  my singing will call upon
                                                  my angels' strength
                                                  and towards unholy darkness."

User ImageOOC: xxx

Professional Noob

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                            Lore Master of Almeria ۞ Keeper of the Scrolls ۞ Sorcerer

¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸

The swift hands of the trader unwrapped the book, revealing a tome from one of the earliest eras of Ferrerian history. Eryn inhaled slowly, but it was an effort to keep himself from drawing a sharp breath at such a sight. Blue eyes shifted up to Farelis, awaiting the man's words. That would determine what outward reaction he conveyed.

It seemed the gods were shining their graces down upon him; the trader was willing to release the book for free. Better yet, the man seemed curious about it, of all things. A man after his own heart, so the saying went. Eryn removed his half moon spectacles, cleaned them with a soft, brown cloth and replaced them upon the bridge of his nose while he cleared his throat. "This is a rare book-- you're correct about that." And a seemingly well protected rare book at that. How intriguing. The Fae hardly had to think about the option he'd choose. "Of course we shall open it. I hardly see any other option." Eryn snapped, all but implying that to say any different was foolish. Knowledge was always worth the effort required to obtain it.

Rising to his feet, Eryn's chair scraped across the floor in his haste to stand. Robes swirled about his sandal clad feet while the Fae rounded his desk, coming to stand alongside the trader. It wasn't for long. He took one look at the language on the cover of the book and made an about turn, motioning for Farelis to follow him and bring the book with him. Half way across the main floor the front doors opened. The figure that stepped through was a familiar one to Eryn. He'd crossed paths with Elrin on many occasions in the past. A hand raised to wave the arbiter over as well. "Good day to you arbiter Hawke. Come and walk with us. Bring forth the matters you have with me." His rank often brought questions to the Lore Master. Eryn was well used to it and hardly seemed to mind. It was no imposition on his time. "Unless it cannot be spoken of in the presence of a citizen? Though I beg you to reconsider if so-- this trader has brought me a rare tome you may have an interest in. I believe it comes from an early period of Ferreria. The more we know of the enemy, the better prepared, yes? With any luck this may contain previously unseen information on the Elder Gods. Tor willing, of course."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hall of Lore, Almeria. -- User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hy'Ran Farelis, Elrin Hawke -- User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 100% --

Quotable Genius

4,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Location - The Hall of Lore
Status - In perfect health.
Company - Eryn Labhras and Elrin Hawke

Everyone needs a little persuasion...

Farelis gives a grin upon hearing the answer given to him by the Lore Master. His grin is immediately wiped from his face the moment he sees another man walk through the doors of the Hall. 'Did he say that that man's an arbiter?' Farelis gives a quick bow out of respect. Eryn goes on to explain the situation to the esteemed man of the empire. They always make Farelis so nervous, the soldiers. His name is not at all tainted by his past crimes, but just in case there might have been some rumors associated with a man fitting his description, he decides to give an alias to the two men before him. “Iorek Silvertongue, at your service. As soon as I received this tome, I found it appropriate to bring it forth to the gracious people of the Ferrerian empire.” He ends his bow and stands back up straight.

Farelis himself may not revolt against the empire like many thousands of others, but he doesn't exactly care for them. He does business, and that's that. To avoid being rude, a little over-complimenting is always nice. A single burning question rests at the back of his mind, however. “If you don't mind me asking, Lore Master... what do you mean 'the more we know our enemy'? Is it true what they're saying? Are the Elder Gods truly coming back to reclaim this world?”

...I'm just giving it to them.
_____Hy'Ran Farelis_____
A simple trader, I promise.

Dapper Genius

5,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Ɛ l ɍ ι η xℋ α ω k ε
" Ŧ h ε xΛ r ƅ ι ŧ ε r "

" ℑ xℱ ι ℊ h ŧ x ƒ o r xℱ ε r r ε r ι α . . . "

Elrin stood silently, book and letters in hand as he listened to the two converse. Apparently, the trader had with him a rather impressive tome. Something rare and perhaps valuable. Then again, all tomes were valuable to the Lore Master but some were more valuable than others. The book was sealed tighter than a crab's shell. Elrin couldn't help but wonder if it was a human lock, a dwerog lock, or an enchanted lock. Enchanted locks were tricky, dwerog locks being just as tricky. He waited patiently as the Lore Master noticed him and greeted him. "Greetings Lore Master. My apologies for intruding" he said with a slight bow, a hand on his chest. He looked to the trader as he spoke, saying that his name was Iorek Silvertongue. Interesting name. He didn't say anything as the man explained that the moment he found it he meant to bring it before the Ferrerian Empire.

"Well met trader" he said. Elrin looked to the Eryn as he asked if his business was something that would wait or something that could be spoken in front of the trader. "Nothing secret. I require your aid in a matter I'm investigating. I have with me some books and letters that may hold the key to finding out what is causing the corruption in the slums, perhaps the book would make a fine addition to your collection" he said with a light tone as he followed beside them. He gave the Lore Master a look when he mentioned 'the enemy'. It was an Imperial secret that the Rift was becoming active and that demons were slowly coming out. Though it was a dirty secret. He looked to the trader when he asked if it was true that the elder gods were returning. "The Elder Gods are always the first priority of the Empire and her loyal subjects, dormant or not. It is better to carry a sword and not require it, than require a sword and not have one" he said. It was a motto that Elrin lived by as did most Imperial soldiers

" . . . ℑ xα m xℋ ε r xs ω o r d xα ƞ d xs h ι ε l d "

L o c a t i o n
Almeria
W e a p o n ( s )
The Blade of the Arbiter
H e a l t h
■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■
1 0 0 %

T h e m e
After the Fall

Professional Noob

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Eryn gave only a light wave of his hand, all but dismissing Elrin's look as something trivial. The Lore Master spoke what he wanted, when he wanted, and was always certain to say only what was required. "The Elder Gods? There are followers of them mulling about. Always have been those that need rooting out. They're vicious things-- made powerful by a lack of control over the power they tried so hard to cultivate within themselves. They're just crazies for the most part. But when the crazy occasionally ban together it becomes an... issue." Eryn drawled to the trader, his deep, smooth voice sounding almost bored. It was as if he expected everyone to know about the rebels. After all, the empire had always had enemies; that much wasn't a secret.

Leading both the arbiter and trader towards stairs leading down instead of up, Eryn smirked back to them both. "I keep my more interesting material in the vaults. Naturally. Not just anyone gets access to them." The doors at the bottom of a set of stone steps were two thick ones made of iron. Yet like the rest of the library they too had his runes upon them. He needed only to wave his hand and those runes glowed, opening the doors upon approach and without touch.

Eryn didn't break stride.

Within the sconces on the wall lit themselves and books shuddered, rising from their shelves to greet the Lore Master. He pet them as each came forward for his greeting. Slender, clever fingers traveled down those leather bound spines. The books he gave attention to shuddered like dogs enjoying a good petting. "Off with you." Eryn muttered affectionately to them, eyes glinting with mirth to watch his obedient books return to their shelves. Suddenly the sorcerer made an about turn to face Elrin and Farelis. "Set the book on the table if you could, trader. Arbiter Elrin? I'd like to see what you've brought as well. This room is far better to observe new material in. Away from prying eyes."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hall of Lore, Almeria. -- User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Hy'Ran Farelis, Elrin Hawke -- User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 100% --

Quotable Genius

4,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Location - The Hall of Lore
Status - In perfect health.
Company - Eryn Labhras and Elrin Hawke.

Everyone needs a little persuasion...

Watching how the entire building os set up to respond to the Lore Master's magic is quite astounding. The books, the doors and everything in between simply do as they do when he's around. Farelis truly has never seen anything like it. When the massive iron doors open, he follows Master Labhras into the room. The books fly over to him as though they are his faithful pets who've not seen their master after a short trip to the grocer. He lets a small smile escape, but continues to follow the two men. “This place is... magnificent...” He lets his admiration for the arcane slip through his lips, showing his hidden naïveté of the world and how it works in that regard. He instantly clears his throat and follows his directions and places the leather-bound book on the table. He looks around the book one last time for any sort of lock that he might have missed, but there is none. The book is ready to be opened and read, but it just doesn't want them to do so.

“What now?”

...I'm just giving it to them.
_____Hy'Ran Farelis_____
A simple trader, I promise.

Friendly Seeker

8,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageUser Image
-----------------Vrases Livan Era-----------------
"Demons flee when a good man goes to war."

=======================================
Company: Amelia.
Mood: Cheerful but still wary

Vrases stood to one side as the donkey seemed to begin behaving himself. Of course he would, all animals loved food and that was the easiest way to get one of them to follow you. He looked up and noticed that Amelia had written another message. He chuckled softly to himself and patted the donkey on the mane. "Well, he could always be a lot fatter don't you think? I think he's just the right size for being a beast of burden." He replied, scratching the a**' ears.

He watched as Amelia tried to lead the donkey again. Vrases knew that he could probably do a better job of leading the animal but then again she was trying really hard to lead the beast herself. Vrases could only stand watching her struggle so hard to move the donkey for so long though before he decided to step in again.

"Don't worry about it. I'll help you out." Vras said, making his way to the donkey and taking the reins from Amelia. She was still making him uncomfortable but he had to learn to get past his uncomfortableness around them at some point and this seemed as good an opportunity as ever. Besides, at least this particular woman didn't give him the vibe that she was going to try and kill him or steal his things. That was always a blessing.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
                                              A deep thrum permeated the air, shivering out in low baritone waves as the tune to an old sea shanty rumbled out across the open road. A dark figure strode over the land, clouds of dust rising from his feet with each soft thud of his footfall beating into the hard-packed earthen road. The man’s head rose up, towering to reach level with some of the smaller trees along the road, long strides leaving ground far behind him with every step. The giant walked with a rolling gait, constantly shifting his massive weight from one foot to the next as he walked in a strangely fluid rocking motion. The sound of his humming carried through the ground at his feet in tiny vibrations, mingling with the beat of his footsteps.

Raising one large hand to shield his pale, sharp blue eyes, the giant called Eladhan looked up at the sky, then out along the highway. He shivered slightly, despite the warm sun shining down upon him through the clear air. Or rather, because of it. 'On a day like this, it would be the oars or nothing', he thought, feeling the stillness of the Warm Months air. His long overcoat was tucked away inside a heavy pack that rested upon the giant’s back, carrying his supplies, gear, and most of the wealth he had with him for his long journey inland. He wore a pair of dark woolen trousers and a pale, undyed linen shirt. On each of his wrists hung large, smooth-polished bracelets of ivory, carved beautifully with scenes of ships and whales; from his neck dangled a necklace of whalebone and seashells, and three rings of silver inlayed with coral encircled his thick fingers. Boots of waterproof sealskin tamped the dirt down beneath him, their fine qualities lost here, so far from the sea.

It had been only a few months since he had set ashore, but already Eladhan missed the sound of the waves and the smell of the sea. He still had nearly ten years remaining before he could return home proudly, and pass the trial of marooning. In the meantime, it fell to him to make his way here on the shoreworld, and so he had decided that the best place to start his journeys would be at the capital city of Almeria, a place that no ship could ever reach, given that it stood well inland. He adjusted the wide straps of his pack upon his own broad shoulders, causing a slight rattling sound from the quiver that carried his spear-like arrows and massive, recurved bow, and silently jostling his long ranseur by its own strap in turn.

He brushed back the long, dark curls from his face, scratching his bearded chin lightly as he finished one tune and carried along into another. Woodland grew around the path, and Eladhan eyed the trees with interest. They were too small to be used in the building of any of the giant’s ships, but they were of a species he had never seen before, and so he was thoroughly invested in examining the patterns and shapes of their bark and leaves. As he closed in on Almeria from the North, he let the scenery and wildlife flow across his vision in a dizzying display of different plants, and what small, brave animals came within his view.

He smelled the others before he saw them, detecting the distinctly recognizable scents of both human and fae mingling with those of the forest plants, as well as a third that he did not know. Abruptly cutting off his humming, Eladhan straightened his back, relaxed his shoulders, and tucked his thumbs into his wide leather kidney belt, slowing his pace slightly as he turned his gaze to spot the others as expected.

ℓσcαтιση▶ On the road to Almeria.
cσмραηץ▶ Two strangers, (Amelia and Vrases)
нєαℓтн▶ Healthy overall.
σσc▶ Hurrah, first post! Will edit as needed.

"You will try to flee and you will try to hide, but the Leviathan will always find you."

User Image

The sound of hooves pounding against the earth echoed throughout the forest. A dark furred horse like creature galloped past moss covered trees and jumped over hidden rocks towards a large lake. It's black eyes frantically scanned its surroundings as it burst through the brush and into the murky water, disappearing under the surface of the lake. Moments after it had retreated back into the water, a dragon like beast lunged out from the forest. The creature skidded to a halt at the edge of the lake and like out a loud snort.

The Baaz's glowing, yellow eyes narrowed as he gazed across the lakes still rippling surface. The creature let out a gruff sigh and removed his war axe from his holster on his back. He plunged the axes head into the ground before continuing into the lake. Each step was careful, quite. He already knew the beast that resided within this lake knew that he was here; he just didn't want to startle it.

As he waded through the water, the dragons ears picked up the sound of rippling water from behind him. He stood still and turned his head just enough to watch a pair of tentacles rising from out of the water. Korven let out a low growl and stretched out his clawed hands. The beast struck first. It flung one of its tentacles towards the Baaz, who moved his body to the right in order to avoid the attack. Korven made a dash towards the second tentacle, before diving below the waters surface.

The dragons powerful tail propelled Korven forward and into the horse like creature. Korven wrapped his powerful armed around the beasts neck and continued to swim towards the shore. The horse kicked and shrieked, but the Baaz's grip only tightened around it. It's tentacles weren't powerful enough to pierce through Korven's skin, and any attempts on strangling him only resulted in the beasts tentacles being stabbed by the Baaz's hidden spiked neck flap.

Korven threw the horse out of the water and onto dry land, where it landed with a sickening squelch. It let out a high pitched screech as it got up. It's tentacles burst from its back and flung themselves towards Korven. The Baaz dived back down and dodged a few tentacles, before he was eventually caught and dragged back to the shore line. The tentacles wrapped around his waist and tail, and tossed him out of the lake and against a tree. The creature had been stronger than Korven had originally thought...but he couldn't back down now...not when he was so close.

Korven quickly got to his feet and made a mad dash towards the horse. The beast threw more of its tentacles at him, but found the Baaz was more difficult to get a proper grip on this time around. It's extra appendages were either dodged, or sliced off as it continued to try and grab hold the blue scaled dragon. Korven grabbed hold of his axes handle as he passed it and continued to charge.

Once Korven got within range, he tightened his grip on his axe and sliced through the beasts neck. Black blood spilled onto the muddy ground. The horse let out a gurgling sound as it's head separated from its body and collapsed onto the ground. Korven turned back around and scanned over his kill. The horse's body slowly began to disintegrate, and had completely turned to ash by the time Korven reached it. The creatures head, however, was another story. The once hideously deformed horse head had morphed back into its original form...the head of a young Fae woman.

Overtaken by the corruption, the woman had gone mad with power and transformed herself into a demonic horse. She had been dragging locals to their deaths for months now, and Korven had been hired to track her down and kill her. The Baaz picked up the woman's head by her hair and plopped it into a brown bag. He then continued to walk through the forest where he had found the corrupted Fae, and began making his way back to the town that had hired him.

The town was close to Almeria, being only a few miles away from it. It was a quiet village and had been the perfect target for the corrupted Fae. Korven walked through the town's unguarded gates and continued through the practically empty streets. This town was broken...hopefully Korven could bring some peace to it. He arrived at the local tavern and pushed the door open. He had to duck his head down in order to get through the entrance and walked over to another door in the back. As he passed by tables, people stared up at him in disbelief. For the people who hadn't seen him when he had first walked into town, it came as a shock to them that a creature like Korven could really exist. They had heard rumors about dragons that had the body shape of a man, but never had they thought to ever actually see one...

For those who had already seen him, they were merely surprised by how little time it had taken for him to hunt down the demonic horse. He had left only a few hours ago, and now he was back...as if nothing had ever happened. Of course the Baaz's wet scales and muddied feet were all signs that he had indeed been to the lake, but still... They had been right to hire him as their bounty hunter.

Korven stepped into the back room and placed the bag onto the tavern owners desk. The man stared wide eyed at the sack, before looking up at Korven.
"Is it done? Has the beast been slain?" He asked as he unwrapped the bag and peered inside. The tavern owner covered his mouth as his eyes looked over the dead Fae's head. He had been the one who had first spoken to Korven. He had also been the one who had hired the Baaz.
"Yes...this is her... Thank you...Leviathan." The man said and handed Korven a small bag of gold. The Baaz picked up the bag and left the room without saying a single word.

Korven left the tavern and proceeded to leave the town. He wanted to get as far away from the town as he could before nightfall. He couldn't risk being caught by any hunters.

My Whereabouts: A Town near Almeria
Someone is Near: No one worth noticing
Mood: Content
Health: 100%
Theme Songs:
Normal Theme: Believe
Battle Theme: The Lesser of Two Evils
Close Combat Theme: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - "Combat Music"

OOC: First post, hooray! Also, here's a fun fact about Korven's 'Young Leviathan' nickname. The nickname was originally given to him by the Dwerog's, and has been used by sailors who have seen him down by the docks. However, those on dry land tend to cut out the word 'Young' and just call him 'the Leviathan'. As a side note, those who dislike him will usually call him the 'Yellow Eyed Demon'.
User Image

Amelia Sunsong

Location: On the way to Almeria
                                                  Company: Vrases and a new stranger, a giant
                                                  Status: Kinda maybe sorta just a little terrified

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

When Vrases took the lead rope from her she smiled widely again to show appreciation. The sooner they got to the city the better. Of course silence would follow, as she couldn’t exactly speak. Once people found this out there were never really any expectations for idle conversation. Though the quiet clink of Vrases’ armor shook her nerves slightly. To ease this she started to whistle to herself, Jasper’s ears twitching in her direction. At first she tried to keep the whistle rather quiet, well as quiet as she could, but as she continued she gave no thought to her present company. Lost in her own musical world she danced and spun a few times as she skipped on the other side of Jasper, keeping a barrier between herself and Vrases.

Amelia’s whistling stopped as abruptly as it started and her feet froze in place. Ahead of them on the road was a giant. Literally a giant. Her mouth even hung open a bit as she stared at the striking figure. Considering her past as a soldier in the Ferrerian Empire, Amelia thought herself rather world wise. Granted that she only spent twenty or so years in service, but still, she thought she’d seen much more than people would expect of a mute recluse. ‘Guess I was wrong...’ She thought to herself as she continued to stare wide eyed at the giant man.

The fae woman was torn between instincts. Back when she was a strong fighter, she was the curious type, probably one of the many reason she had fell to the corruption. Since leaving the Ferrerian army she’d become rather cautious. Now she was torn between straight up running and approaching the giant as she would any stanger.

She turned her wide eyes, wide enough that brown flecks were visible in her dark eyes, to Vrases, hoping that he would know what to do. She didn’t have time to even think of a question to write as Jasper was, finally back in travel mode, still moving along the road. Prey animals, like donkey, were excellent at sensing danger. Perhaps this giant wasn’t dangerous. In fact, now that she thought about it, she had heard of giants before. Rumor had it that they were calm folk, probably because only the crazy would want to fight them. She had noticed that the larger men in the Ferrerian army were usually even tempered precisely because few other men wanted to fight them. She could only imagine it was the same with giants, only on a far greater scale.

Done rationalizing, she took a deep breath and nodded, determined not to show fear to the giant. Except the sight of the giant still scared her a little, and in a nervous habit she started to twirl the pencil in her hand. Usually she would be twirling a flute, but at the moment that was stashed in the saddle bags and the pencil was already in hand.

Now just a few feet from the giant she gasped at how the closeness only made him look all the more...well, giant. Amelia herself was a slight figure. Only five foot two. Right! She wasn’t going to show fear! She reminded herself and smiled at the giant, wondering for a moment if he could even see her. Without even realizing it herself, she spread her wings and lifted herself a few feet off the ground. Just as when she had first greeted Vrases, she waved widely the new stranger, trying to show that she wasn’t any sort of threat.

Still mid air she started to scribble across her paper again, though this time her handwriting wasn’t as neat. Her hand shook, making the letters a little scratchy. “Hi stranger. Just on the way to the city.” She was tempted to write something along the lines of “please don’t eat me” but even she knew that was rude. She held up her sign above her head and she made a bowing motion.

She then looked down at Vrases and Jasper and shrugged her shoulders, in a motion that pretty much said “I have no idea what I’m doing.”

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"In the limitless space of a rhyme
                                                  my singing will call upon
                                                  my angels' strength
                                                  and towards unholy darkness."

User ImageOOC: xxx

Dapper Genius

5,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Ɛ l ɍ ι η xℋ α ω k ε
" Ŧ h ε xΛ r ƅ ι ŧ ε r "

" ℑ xℱ ι ℊ h ŧ x ƒ o r xℱ ε r r ε r ι α . . . "

Elrin was annoyed by the Lore Master waving him off. This was important. The purpose of keeping this a secret was to keep people calm. If Eryn spoke, all this trader would have to do was open his mouth and all of Ferreria would descend into panic. It was simple as that. The Empire had enough to worry about with the rebellion. That last thing anyone needed was to be told the Rift was spewing elder gods and that the end of days had come. Elrin sighed. It wasn't his duty to focus on the elder gods. That was the Inquisition's job. Elrin sighed and followed as they began to make their way down into the depths of the vaults. There were vaults like this all across Almeria. Many simply held artifacts and money while others were safe places to go for civilians should the city's walls every be breached. Though they hadn't been used in quite some time.

Elrin followed down into the vaults and couldn't help but admire the artifacts down here. Things from ages gone by. Treasures all of them. Elrin turned when the Lore Master addressed him and nodded. Elrin set his book beside the traders book, he knew not what either book might contain. The one he took from the heretics was perhaps something involving the elder gods and could help them put an end to the corruption in the city. Then again it could simply be a cook book. The letters were what concerned him the most. No doubt the letters would be encrypted to some extent. The question however was what were the messages about? Any information was better than nothing when it concerned heretics. "From what I can tell, the book is written in ancient Ferrerian. I can't read it myself but perhaps you can" he said as he looked to the Lore Master, resting his arm on his blade as he awaited to hear the scholars opinion on the book. He was curious about the trader's book as well. A book that old could contain previously unknown knowledge about either corruption or the elder gods.

" . . . ℑ xα m xℋ ε r xs ω o r d xα ƞ d xs h ι ε l d "

L o c a t i o n
Almeria
W e a p o n ( s )
The Blade of the Arbiter
H e a l t h
■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■
1 0 0 %

T h e m e
After the Fall

Hilarious Gekko

8,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

MERRIWYN CAIN NAWEN

xxxxxxHEALTH ◢■■■■■■■■■■◣
                                                      xxxxxxLOCATION ROAD TO ALMERIA
                                                      xxxxxxCOMPANY THREE STRANGERS - FAE, HUMAN AND A GIANT BY THE LOOKS OF IT

● ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ●
                                                      Everything seemed to get back the way it was pretty quickly. It was as if it didn't matter what those corrupted mages did in there anymore. Better for her then, no people to witness her being near Hektor's house. She could easily go back now and finish what she was doing, but as soon as she turned around she spotted Hektor getting into a carriage, even running into it when he spotted Cain. “Oh no, you're not.” She muttered, quickly running after the carriage, pushing through the crowd.

Before he could get away too far, she managed the grip onto the back of the carriage, hopping onto it and waiting for it to stop swaying from side to side before proceeding. “He's worse than a five year old.” Concluding his actions, she started to pull herself up and on top of the carriage. When her head peeked from the top, she saw that they were heading for the gate, and just in time she managed to duck back behind the carriage. “Hektor, stop this thing!!” She called out, pulling herself on top and laying flat on the while knocking on the roof. Her hood slipped off her head as she kept an eye out for any obstacles that could possibly throw her off. “I thought we had an agreement?!”

“I am not making deals with a Witch!!” He called out, looking out the window and hurrying his driver.

Another mistake that he made, one would think that a meaty man like himself would has SOME common sense, but it seemed like Hektor had non of it. Quickly slipping right above him, she grabbed her staff and wrapped it around his neck. “Stop it, damn it!”

This time it was her who got surprised, as the man grabbed onto her staff and swung her off the roof, and around. They came face to face, as the carriage hurried through the woods now. “You asked for it.” He hissed through his teeth, as he wrestled her off.

Quick thrust and Cain fragile body crashed into some branches, yanking the staff back off Hektor she managed to swing it around and over a sturdy looking branch. Now, she was stuck too high to jump off, but there was no other branch near by that she could possibly grip onto. She stayed, dangling there like a rug doll while looking for a way out. After a short while her arms began to burn from the strain, but that was when she saw a small group of travellers walking by. “H-HEY!!” She called out to them, wriggling her feet about to get their attention. “COULD I ASK FOR SOME HELP?!”

Friendly Seeker

8,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageUser Image
-----------------Vrases Livan Era-----------------
"Demons flee when a good man goes to war."

=======================================
Company: Amelia, a giant, and another girl
Mood: On Guard

The pair had been walking for a decent amount of time, Vrases still leading Jasper as Amelia followed along to the side of him. So far meeting her hadn't been entirely horrible, but she seemed different from most other women. No winks, no smirks, just cheerfulness and a straight-forward attitude. He was actually finding the experience to be rather enjoyable now, even with the a**. He chuckled and reached over to scratch Jasper behind the ears. Ironic, how more often than not his job included killing animals and yet he was usually so good with them. Just one of the things that life throws your way every once in a while.

Vrases noticed the giant a little after Amelia did, which was rather embarrassing. He was supposed to be great at noticing any difference in the natural pattern of the environment, and yet here was this giant approaching and he hadn't even suspected that something might be amiss. Then again that might suggest that the giant was a part of the scenery, just as much as a tree might be. He shook the thought off as himself trying to explain away his shortcomings. He would have to train harder to re-forge his mind into the sharp tool that it had been only a short while ago. Lousy days off were ruining him more than age was going to.

The young man watched as Amelia apparently decided that she was going to be the brave one out of the two of them and approached. He lowered the reins to the ground and placed a firm hand on the donkey's forehead. "Stay Jasper." Vrases said firmly. He placed his hand on the hilt of his sword and turned back towards the giant, following Amelia up to the giant. He watched as she hovered, greeted him, and then settled back down to the ground. The slayer nodded his head to the giant. "Valus wendelthen, martis lun casva." He said as he straightened back upright. What he said had roughly translated into 'greetings be to you son of the earth'. He had done a couple of jobs guarding the giant ships on their transportation of goods from one place to another.

Vrases was still wondering how the giant would react to his greeting in their own language when he heard yelling from somewhere off to the side of the road. This was the second time in half as many minutes that he had not once, but twice been lacking in his observational skills. He sighed, placing his free hand to his forehead in agitation. Why for the love of all that was holy couldn't he catch onto details on this specific day. The slayer walked in the direction of the noise and noticed a girl hanging from a tree. "How, exactly did you end up in a tree?" He asked.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
                                              Eladhan made his way toward the two strangers slowly, measuring his footsteps carefully, and keeping a calm expression on his face. The creature that traveled with them caught his interest, but by the scent of it he could tell that it was an herbivore, and probably wouldn’t try to attack. The giant watched as the fae woman fidgeted about before she approached him, and he halted in his tracks as she fluttered upward, lifting herself from around knee-height to nearer his midsection.

He watched with some curiosity as her small, shaky hands twirled a small stick-like object between her fingers, using it to scribble something in a small book that she carried. When she bowed, Eladhan recognised the gesture as one that he had seen several merchants use as a greeting or sign of respect, and so he copied the action in return. Setting down his pack with a heavy thud, the giant inclined his head toward the slender woman, bending at the waist as his long brown locks spilled over his shoulders to shadow his face. Seeing that she was holding up the book, he examined it for a moment, looking over the symbols that she had marked down on the page.

Eladhan shook his head slowly at the fae woman, frowning slightly as he worked through how to reply. “I beg your pardon, Madam, but I cannot read in your language, though I speak it fairly. Perhaps you could tell me what this reads as?” He asked her. His voice was deep and rumbled softly, but he did not speak very loudly. He seemed quite calm as he regarded the stranger curiously, his tone slightly apologetic, as if he was sorry for not knowing how to respond. He straightened again as the second stranger approached, this one human by scent, though he could tell little else about them.

He grew a bit quieter as this one approached in full armour, with a hand on his blade, but Eladhan made no move to pull his hands from the stiff, patterned leather of his wide belt. He gave a patient nod to the human as they approached, and then blinked slightly in surprise as he heard them speak to him in the giantish tongue. He cocked his to the side slightly, raising one thick eyebrow as examined the stranger, attempting to piece together what he had said. The words were recognisable, but the pronunciation was a bit off, still, that was hardly surprising, he was more impressed that he knew how to speak it at all. “Ó, labhraíonn tú mo theanga?” he replied, intrigued, then continued, “I ndáiríre, tá sé ‘fomoiri’,” he added, correcting the stranger politely, declining to add that the armoured stranger had essentially just called him a landlubber. Perhaps he thought him a land giant? It was possible; he had heard that his land-dwelling cousins often dealt with the other races.

The giant quickly stepped aside, and made a sound of protest as a carriage suddenly came thundering down the road, riding off past them after leaving behind one of its passengers. The woman dangled precariously from a branch, flailing as she shouted out for help. Eladhan looked askance at the fae woman who had approached him first, and then to the armoured human, who already seemed to be moving toward the third stranger. Shrugging slightly, he turned to join the human, approaching the woman. Was this the sort of thing that happened to those who traveled by land?

“I will help you,” replied the giant tersely, before reaching out with one huge hand to support the woman’s body, taking care not to injure her as he did. With the woman hanging at around level with his head, Eladhan could easily tell that something was different about her. This close, he could smell the blood within her veins, but it was a bit odd. She smelled neither human nor fae, but something in between. ‘Well, isn’t that something?’ He thought to himself as he lowered her to the ground gently.

ℓσcαтιση▶ On the road to Almeria.
cσмραηץ▶ Three strangers, (Amelia, Vrases, and Cain. Also a donkey.)
нєαℓтн▶ Healthy overall.
σσc▶ Translation: "Oh, you speak my language?" - "Actually, it's 'fomoiri' (from/in/under the sea)".

Professional Noob

Two books. One was unwilling to open and the second one was simply a mystery. A mystery Eryn had every intention of solving. "Curious. I'm a strong believer in fate, of course. That you both have discovered books from the same era is not by chance. Destiny is at work, I feel." The sorcerer observed, though certainly not unkindly. There was a glint in his eye. A glint of excitement and a want to press forward in his investigations. The tips of his fingers curled around the hard cover of the book the arbiter had brought with him. Eryn was about to open it when he suddenly stopped up and retracted his touch. "I'd be foolish to rip this open with no regard. The second book has a spell to keep it closed. This one does not. That leads me to suspect it has fail safes on it of a different nature. Have you opened it?" Concerned eyes shot to Elrin, suggesting perhaps the man should not have gotten curious-- on the off chance he had, of course. Magic was a tricky thing. Not all spells could be detected and usually the ones that couldn't be detected were the most dangerous to deal with. They were concealed for a reason and that reason was typically a nasty one.

Eryn pulled put a chair at the table, taking a seat and motioning for the trader and the arbiter to do the same. "The first thing I'm going to do is test both of these for unseen enchantments. Extensively. Black magic is not to be trifled with and I trust nothing from the early ages of Ferreria by simply a glance. It would be foolhardy to do so. In fact, if you find any artifacts of value going forward, don't touch them with your bare hands." The sorcerer spoke as he worked-- hands dancing along the covers, hovering a scant half inch in the air above them.

He hadn't forgotten about the letters either. "Arbiter Hawke. Could you present the letters you mentioned earlier as well? Tell me what you know of them already."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff