• Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Relationship Between Hero and Summon POSTED 8th Post
Can't believe I didn't do that....

Story

User Image

User Image

Shadows hang in the horizons of this world. Just as every world is bound to face some sort of threat, the fate of the world of Aitheiniz is being threatening. Every world has its own legends, its own history, and its own saviors.

Their legend was that long ago, the world was ruled by three Beasts of unimaginable power. One to the North. One to the East. And One to the South. For the last pieces of the world in the West, the Beasts fought over it and its inhabitants, another bit to add to their own territories. But three heroes rose above the rest from that land in the West.

Each summoned a great and mighty hero from their history, some smoky, distant past we now have no record of. The summoners bound these mighty warriors to themselves, and together, each pair faced off with one of the Beasts.

A great battle ensue, one that changed the very landscape of the world. The Beasts were defeated after months of fighting and were sealed away, at a price. The Heroes' and
                      Summoneds' souls wrought together to form the chains of the Beasts, and tied to the relics located and hidden in the North, East, and South.

But the Beasts' rampage was never truly stopped. From the North, the Beast of Ice's cutting, icy breath still blows. From the East, the Beast of Poison blows poison and sickness into the land. From the South, the Beast of Fire blows hot winds that strip living things to the bone and sucks moisture from the very pores. The Three Deadly Winds have always been kept at bay by the relics, but recently, this does not seem to be so.

User Image

(P.S. These swirly header and footers do not belong to me.)

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
The Recent Story and Problem

User Image

User Image

500,000 years have passed since the Beasts were defeated. It is the 26th year of the rule of the Holy King, Jonathan Neidachi XVI, Head of the Neidachi House and the ruler of all the great Kingdom of Aitheiniz. The Story of the Heros and their Bound are fairy tales. If one asks about the Relics of Legend, they would be laughed out onto the street.

King Jonathan had taken in 3 magicians into his counsel a decade ago. Every since then, the land seems to get sicker and deteriorating every year. Discord grows between the people, and dark rumors hang in the corners of the room like death omens. Minor lords war against each other. Crime runs loose of the highways and forests while the King and his court shut themselves away in their great castles and hunt in their preened forests. Every year, less healthy animals and less healthy babies are born. Every year, less crops are brought in and less water seems to flow down the rivers. Sickness is not unusual by any means, and brutality is the true ruler. The Kingdom rots and the world is going to hell, the one rule being "survival of the fittest". Few places still hold semblance of order, but everyone feels the tension, just waiting for true and unrestrained chaos to be set loose.

What's worse, the Three Deadly Winds are gaining ground into the Kingdom of Aitheiniz, and the very land and its people are dying. It is as if the very Gods have abandoned the Kingdom. Hope is dying, and something must be done.

Multiple soothsayers, prophets, and fortune tellers have recently foretold the second coming of the Heroes and their Summoned. No one is sure whether this is true or not.

User Image

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
At the Present

User Image

User Image

In the Holy City, the capital of Aitheiniz, people of all runs are gathering in the marketplace. Soon, the Great Harvest Festival will begin, and everyone is excited. At the same time, everyone can feel the tension that runs like a poisonous mist underneath the facade of care-free behavior and celebratory mood.

Currently, there are three greatest powers that are occupying the city besides the King and his court. They have all arrived at the city in order for the festival. Unbeknownst to the majority, the leaders of each clan came to hear the prophecies and judge their standings in the Kingdom.

The Hunter Tribes: From the northern mountains and rugged lands, there are many groups that are still nomadic. Few tribes have truly settled down. Each tribe has their own specialty, but the Tribes in general specialize in tracking, survival, or skills with their hunting weapons. Ex. one tribe specializes in tracking through woodland, while another tribe specializes in survival in mountains, and another tribe specializes in shooting down winged creatures.

The Magic Sects: From the fertile, eastern lands, where the land is riddled with the Magic Sects. Sorcerers, conjurers, witches, wizards, mages, spiritualists, dream-wanders, seers, etc. Most of the greatest names in the mystic arts come from the East. Each Sect has their own specialty. Ex. the Field Witch Sect specializes in herbs, while the a seer clan can specialize in seeing the past using mirrors as a medium.

The Warrior Clans: From the hot, southern areas come the warrior clans. As their name suggests, they are clans that specialize in the art of war. They are the Kingdoms main source of soldiers and military power. At the same time, some Clans are mercenaries. Likewise, each Clan has their own specialty. Ex. one clan is skilled in military engineering siege weapons, another clan is skilled in close-quarter melee.

Upon arrival and stay into the city, three individuals (one from each group) find themselves to somehow come into the possession of some old antique. Something that comes from within the span of history AFTER the Beasts have been defeated. They don't know why they feel such an urge to possess these antiques, but they determinedly (and perhaps even desperate) make it their own.

But trouble and misfortune strikes each individual suddenly. They each deal with it in their own way, but in that brief moment of agitation, fear, or sudden intensity brings out an unexpected reaction from their new possessions. There is much confusion, but eventually...

The meetings commence...

User Image

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Rules

User Image

User Image

1. What I say goes, so please follow the rules I made or will make.
2. Follow the Gaia TOS. I think that's a given.
3. I encourage romance, violence, and combat. But don't overdo it. No cybering. Feel free to timeskip when appropriate.
4. This is supposed to be a semi-literate to literate RP, so no one liners. At least SIX sentences would be good. And I mean a GOOD paragraph. I understand writer's block, but I don't want to see continuously short posts.
5. Please keep posting. If you will be absent for an extended period of time, please notify me.
6. No godmodding or killing one another unless you have the consent of the other player.
7. Please use brackets for OOC chat and no text chat. Again, semi-lit to literate RP.
8. Cussing is allowed but do let's not go overboard
9. You must have a picture of your character as well as their name in every post. I like seeing pretty posts and I've giving you the liberty to do that. I'm also giving you the liberty not to do that, but you must have the bare minimum of the character picture and name.
10. I have the right to change and/or add to these rules whenever I want or need to.
11. Please PM your profiles and title them. For the Heroes, title it "I am the present." And for the bound "I am the past". For others, title your pm "I am also bound".
12. Do not post up your character post until I accept. Otherwise, feel free to chat in the OOC thread.
13. Reservations only last 48 hours.
14. One hero per bound and one bound per hero.
15. I'm all for character conflict. It's what keeps things interesting. But let's keep this nice and civil among friends. Our characters may be fighting and arguing with each other, but we shouldn't
16. Let's have fun with this, shall we?

User Image

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Roles

User Image

User Image

The Hunter Tribes:

Eric Charles Neuman / Ear Cuff / Rykeir Ieshia Talis

The Magic Sects:

Echo Aerhart / Head Scarf / Requo Kremol

The Warrior Clans:

Varric Marks / Silver Ring / Kotoko Ehime

The King:

[Use the 3rd profile skeleton. But no hurry, we can continue w/o him for a bit if we must if no one wants this role.]

The Three Magicians:

Pietro Copperstone Dresden
[Three spots, use the 3rd profile skeleton. But no hurry, we can continue w/o him for a bit if we must. The can show up later.]

Others:

Khalien Ghedri
Rouin Heartgrove

User Image

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Profiles
Please send in a sample of your roleplay posts along with this.
Please don't alter them, save for posting color and information.

Any reservations will last for 2 days.

User Image

The Ones Who BIND:

[align=center][size=14][color=black]{{[/color][color=postingcolor]✬[/color] • [color=postingcolor]✬[/color] }}[/size][/color]
[size=16][color=postingcolor]First [Middle, opitional] Last[/color][/size]

[img][Direct URL's only. Anime or animation only.][/img]

[b][size=14][color=posting color]The Basics[/color][/size][/b]
[size=11][b][color=gray]Call me:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Nicknames ][/size]
[size=11][b][color=gray]You can tell I'm a:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Male, Female]
[size=11][b][color=gray]I have the blood of:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Race ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Height: [/color][/b] [size=11][ Height ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Weight:[/color][/b] [size=11][ Optional ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Age:[/color][/b] [size=11][ Variety please! ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Birthday:[/color][/b] [size=11][ Optional ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Sexuality:[/color][/b] [size=11][ Striaght, Gay, etc ]
[/size]

[b][color=postingcolor][size=14]Bit Deeper[/b][/color]
[size=11][color=gray][b] I am part of the: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ Individual Tribe, Sect, or Clan. Be creative, I'm giving you free reign here. Even if you are half another tribe, you should only be part of ONE group.]
[size=11][color=gray][b] Our specialty is: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ One specialty only.]
[size=11][color=gray][b] We are part of the: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ Hunter Tribes, Magic Sects, Warrior Clans ]
[size=11][color=gray][b] MY specialty is: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ This is where you describe your ability in detail or if its different from your group's specialty. ]
[size=11][color=gray][b] Personally, I am: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ Personality. Few sentences at LEAST. ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]My weapon(s) are:[/b][/color] [size=11][ No guns. Let's stay low-tech. You have a max of 2 main weapons, and 3 minor or backup weapons (ex. throwing knives if not your main weapon). Remember if it is a backup or minor weapon, you're not nearly as good with it as your main weapon.]
[size=11][color=gray][b]I can also:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Other abilities besides being able to fight or use weapon. (ex. Horseback riding) ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Before, I was:[/b][/color] [size=11][ History. At least a paragraph ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]My dream? :[/b][/color] [size=11][ Dreams or goals. Hopes for the future or ambition. ]

[/size]

[b][color=postingcolor][size=14]Extra[/b][/color]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Likes:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Optional ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Dislikes:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Optional ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Fears:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Optional ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Almost forgot:[/b][/color] [size=10][Anything Else? ]
[/size]

[b][size=12][color=postingcolor]My guide is:[/b][/color]
[size=11][color=gray][ Username ] [/color][/size]
[/align]

The Ones Who Are BOUND:

[align=center][size=14][color=black]{{[/color][color=postingcolor]✬[/color] • [color=postingcolor]✬[/color] }}[/size][/color]

[size=11][b][color=gray]You can tell I'm a:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Male, Female]
[/size]

[b][color=postingcolor][size=14]Bit Deeper[/b][/color]
[size=11][color=gray][b]What I had left behind back then: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ The relic or the antique used as the connection between the Hero and the Bound. It could be jewelry or a necklace, but remember it has to have been something that would last ]
[size=11][color=gray][b] Personally, I am: [/b][/color] [size=11] [ Personality. Few sentences at LEAST. ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]My weapon(s) are:[/b][/color] [size=11][ No guns. Let's stay low-tech. You have a max of 2 main weapons, and 3 minor or backup weapons (ex. throwing knives if not your main weapon). Remember if it is a backup or minor weapon, you're not nearly as good with it as your main weapon.]
[size=11][color=gray][b]I can also:[/b][/color] [size=11][ Other abilities besides being able to fight or use weapon. (ex. Horseback riding) ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]Before, I was:[/b][/color] [size=11][ History. At least a paragraph ]
[size=11][color=gray][b]My dream? :[/b][/color] [size=11][ Dreams or goals. Hopes for the future or ambition. ]

[/size]

[/size]

[/align]

Those Whose Lives Are Also Twined Into This Story :

[/size]

[b][color=postingcolor][size=14]A Bit Deeper[/b][/color]

[/size]

[/size]

[/align]

User Image

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Relation Between Hero and Summoned

User Image

User Image

The relation between a hero and their summoned is basically that of partners. Each partner gains certain benefits, increases, and strengths through their connection depending on the partner. One partner could sudden experience an increase in physical strength or stamina if their partner is especially powerful, or they could suddenly develop skills or knowledge they previously didn't have.

But the partnership also comes with certain downfalls. A hero and their summoned are intimately linked between mind and soul. This DOES NOT say that the can talk to each other telepathically, but[ the pair can feel each others' emotions and may even see sudden flashes of what the other sees. Feelings of pain or nausea, for example, can be transmitted through the link. Also, THE PAIR WILL FIND IT HARD TO BE ANY GREAT DISTANCE APART FROM EACH OTHER.

And just as they may develop each other's skills and strengths, they can develop each other's weaknesses. If one is afraid of heights for example, the other who previously never had a problem with climbing trees can find themselves suddenly very nauseated from their perch in the branches. Someone who was previously very fast may suddenly find they are not as fast as before.

Physical conditions though can be improved by individual training as well as training the partner.

The symbol of this partnership is the RELIC. Depending on what kind of relic though, will decide who keeps hold of it. With it, one partner can always track the other. Without it, the the partner without the relic can sense how far the other is, but remain clueless in which direction. Long story short: it's a tracking device.

User Image

Vicious Carnivore

15,300 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Notices

User Image

User Image

OPEN

User Image

Vicious Carnivore