IV. Logbook
V. The RulesUser Image
VI. Reserves & Profiles
VII. Characters
VIII. The Maps
IX-XV. Reserved Posts

Beloved Fairy

User Image

XXEarth's population has grown out of control. Cities now tower at astonishing heights, and streets are perpetually crowded with bodies. Privacy is a thing of the past; you are constantly surrounded by other people. Society grown in size, and the world has been racing to safely contain the criminal population. The simply isn't enough space to keep a prison a safe distance away from the cities. Any land left undeveloped is carefully preserved, with the stability of the global ecosystem teetering dangerously. In 2488, scientists proposed a solution: a floating island to use as a prison. Security would require minimal upkeep, as escape would be impossible. It would be the world's airborne British Australia--a prison colony. It seemed a perfect solution.

XXAfter many years of research the island named "Hinterland" was released in 2503. Through the manipulation of magnetic fields, it hovers above the Indian ocean, 500 miles off the coast of southeast Asia and a quarter mile above sea level. It has been reserved for the world's most dangerous criminals, since the use of the island prison is completely experimental. There are no guards, and only occasional check-ins once a week when food and sometimes new prisoners are dropped off by ship to the island. The survival of the prisoners is irrelevant. Most of them deserve the death penalty, but such a punishment has been globally outlawed since 2476. Life in Hinterland is the new alternative.

XXThe prisoners are dropped on the island with only clothing and a small backpack full of food, water, and a rope or other useful item if you're lucky.

To be continued...

SUMMARY
WHO?
XXXXThe world's most dangerous criminals
WHERE?
XXXXHinterland, a floating prison islandUser Image
WHEN?
XXXXAbout 2500 AD
WHEN?
XXXXDue to overpopulation, the island is a safer, more efficient alternative to usual incarceration.

Beloved Fairy

User Image

》CHAPTER ONEUser Image
XXXX

Beloved Fairy

User Image

》We consider ourselves a high-quality roleplay. My co-captain and I will be fairly strict about moderating rules and characters.
》GENERAL
XXXXo Abide by Gaia's Terms of Service
XXXXo Me and Kinda Redneckish are boss. Sorry. It makes me feel like a butthead to assert, but someone has to be in charge.
XXXXo OOC conversation go in the OOC Thread, please. Talk to your heart's content on it! I love to make friends with the people in my roleplays.
XXXXo Be literate! No one liners. Use your big girl words and punctuation. Posts don't have to be super long. You've probably noticed I keep my writing pretty concise. Concise is fine. Lazy is not.
XXXXo Have fun. ;D
》CONDUCT
XXXXo I repeat: literacy,
XXXXo Romance is fine, but we're gonna keep it PG-13, alright?
XXXXo If you "escape" Hinterland without my prior permission, you're out of the roleplay. I don't know how you would do that without godmoding anyway.
XXXXo On that note, no godmoding! I will beat down your character immediately. Persistant offenses will result in banning.
》POSTS
XXXXo Write in accordance with the theme and setting of the roleplay.
XXXXo Please use READABLE colors and creative formatting in your posts.
XXXXo Please include tags informing us of your character's location and company in each post. You may include additional details here like mood or a short OOC note if you wish.
XXXXo DO NOT POST BEFORE GETTING YOUR CHARACTER APPROVED.
XXXXo LANGUAGE: Just censor yourself, please. Of course characters will curse, but if it's going to be excessive, just throw in some f***ing asterisks.
》CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTUser Image
XXXXo Since Hinterland is a prison, characters should not be minors. Contact me if you wish to introduce one and tell me why they should be there.
XXXXo In profiles, please use anime pictures. It's easier to keep consistent.
XXXXo Characters of any sexual orientation are welcome, but keep it a bit realistic. Eight out of ten characters shouldn't be homosexual. It doesn't work that way in real life, and it gets difficult for people with hetero characters.
XXXXo Me and my co-captain are picky about character development. Characters should be realistic, balanced, and thoughtfully written. We reserve the right to ask you to make changes before we accept your character.
》PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS!

Beloved Fairy

User Image

》RESERVES
XXXXo I'll hold onto reserves for 3 days (I will need BOTH reserve & profile; but please fill out the reserve first)
XXXXo Use a readable color scheme. Make your main font a neutral or dark color. I can't focus while trying to read electric blue font.
XXXXo Don't mess with the coding. I like consistency. Just fill in your colors and information. Make sure the size of your image is right and cropped well.
XXXXo Me and my co-captain are pretty picky about character development. We reserve the right to ask you to make changes before we accept your character. Characters should be realistic and thoughtfully written.
XXXXo Ask me if you have any questions.

[imgleft]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/Gale_Fox/Beyond Sky/BeyondSkyReserve.jpg[/imgleft][size=11][color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》NAME[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your character's name here[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》AGE / GENDER[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your character's age and gender[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》PERSONALITY[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] A few words describing your character--not full sentences[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》CRIME[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] The crime for which your character was sentenced to Hinterland[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》ADDITIONAL[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Any other BASIC information you think we should know [/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》GAIA USER[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your gaia username[/color][/size]

》PROFILES
XXXXo Limit 2 characters per person for now.User Image
XXXXo Don't mess with the coding. Just colors and info.
XXXXo PM me or ask in the OOC if you want to change your info.
XXXXo Me and my co-captain are pretty picky about character development. We reserve the right to ask you to make changes before we accept your character. Characters should be realistic and thoughtfully written.
XXXXo Let me know if you have any questions.

[imgright]YOUR IMAGE URLl[/imgright]
[size=12][color=YOURcolor3]BASIC INFORMATION[/color][/size]
[size=11][color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》NAME[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your character's name (First, middle, last) and nicknames here[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》BIRTHDAY / AGE / GENDER[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your character's age and gender[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》HEIGHT / WEIGHT / BODY TYPE[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] You get it, right? [/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》SCARS / TATTOOS[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Any identifying marks. Piercings count.[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》HOMETOWN / NATIONALITY[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Where your character is from[/color][/size]

[size=12][color=YOURcolor3]PERSONAL INFORMATION[/color][/size]
[size=11][color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》PERSONALITY[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] A more detailed description of your character's personality.[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》BIOGRAPHY[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] A little background story[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》CRIMINAL PAST[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your character's experience is shady business[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》STRENGTHS / WEAKNESSES[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Pretty straightforward [/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》SKILLS[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] What is your character good at?[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》SECRETS[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]What would you character never tell someone else?[/color][/size]

[size=12][color=YOURcolor3]RELATIONAL INFORMATION[/color][/size]
[size=11][color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》FAMILY HISTORY[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]Your character's relationship with their family[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》FRIENDS[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]Friends. Can be edited as they interact with other characters[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》ENEMIES[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]Enemies. Same deal as friends.[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》CRUSHES[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]Same idea.[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》PETS[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]Any critters?[/color][/size]

[size=12][color=YOURcolor3]OTHER INFORMATION[/color][/size]
[size=11][color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》WEAPON[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]Note that your character will NOT have a weapon when they arrive. If they obtain one on the island, that's fine.[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》LIKES / DISLIKES[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2]What they do and don't like.[/color]
[color=white]xx[/color][color=YOURcolor1]》GAIA USER[/color]
[color=white]XXXX[/color][color=YOURcolor2] Your gaia username[/color][/size]

I haven't tested these formats yet. If you use them before I do, they may be buggy. I'll make sure they're good soon.

Beloved Fairy

User Image

User Imagexx》NAME
XXXX Tara Marathi [ तारा मराठी ]
xx》AGE / GENDER
XXXX 26 / Female
xx》PERSONALITY
XXXXSarcastic, Playful, Laid-Back, Irresponsible
xx》CRIME
XXXX Tara is an engineer--the lead designer in building advanced weaponry meant to overthrow the New United Nations. Obviously, she didn't succeed. The jury labeled her to be a terrorist leading the development of superweapons.
xx》ADDITIONAL
XXXX Tara is a skilled engineer; she'll be useful to the development of Hinterland.
XXxXXTara is very vulnerable without her usual arsenal of weapons and security systems around to protect her.
XXxXXIronic with her criminal background, Tara is very religious.

xx》GAIA USER
XXXX Miss Xiao

User Imagexx》NAME
XXXX Ted Dratch
xx》AGE / GENDER
XXXX 36, herm
xx》PERSONALITY
XXXX Detached, concentrated, tensed, passive-aggressive, self-conscious.
xx》CRIME
XXXX Political assassin
xx》ADDITIONAL
XXXX Professional ninjutsu fighter - martial artist and swordsman.
xx》GAIA USER
XXXX Kinda Redneckish

User Imagexx》NAME
XXXX Jericho Denton Atley
xx》AGE / GENDER
XXXX 23 / Male
xx》PERSONALITY
XXXX Deceptively cheerful, forcefully optimistic, stubborn as hell, highly sociable, excessively curious.
xx》CRIME
XXXX Vigilante Serial Murder
xx》ADDITIONAL
XXXX He's very careful to hide it, but Jericho is very ill. His backpack has a year's worth of medicine in it, but without easy access to medical care he has genuinely no idea how long he has to live.
xx》GAIA USER
XXXX BlackMageLeah

Beloved Fairy

User Image

COMING SOON
Or maybe someday. I dunno...

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Just in case we need it in the future...

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Beloved Fairy

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff