Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jack_McLoughlin

Heart pounding faster than ever, Zara was frozen with fear as Jack broke down her defenses so easily. In shock, Zara had forgotten about the rock spikes to come, and seeing them pierce Jack's body brought her back to her senses. They weren't just sparring anymore. Zara was fighting for her life. Heartbeat like a mouse, look at you. What will you do? Perhaps you should push him away. He's getting awfully close. Cats aren't too fond of water I hear. Desperate, Zara listened to the voice. Gathering up all the moisture in the air, she shot a powerful beam of water at Jack from the hole he'd created. The rock chipped away, some turning into muck or clay as it fell around them, but not before Jack roared enough to hurt her ears.

A bit disoriented, Zara clutched her head. If you'd just let me take care of it, I could make it all stop, said the voice inside her hear. No, she thought strongly. As long as she was Jack's target, Sindria would manage. Stepping back, nearly tripping over the muck, Zara scrambled to get further from Jack. Distance between them was good. Scared and not nearly fast enough, Zara felt wolf ears pop out atop her head, followed by a tail. Hoping it would help, she transformed into a black wolf with golden eyes, smaller than most wolves, but much faster. Zara wanted her daggers, even if just to make her feel better. She'd never get there on her own clumsy feet. In a mad dash for the weapons, Zara tried not to look back, but howled loudly so Jack would follow her, rather than Sindria. Any stimuli attracted a beast, after all.

Pantheon of Sin's Partner

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Arcadia Fae

≯▬▬▬ﺴ Jack McLoughlin ﺴ▬▬▬≮

Jack went flying when that jet of water hit him. He landed roughly, a bit dazed, before his ears caught a wolf's howl. Eyes narrowed even tighter, he looked up, and eyes caught Zara as she made for the weapons. Oh, he didn't note the weapons, only that his prey was fleeing. He made no sound, just leaps to his feet and dashes after her. He was closing the gap quickly, long strides coupled with powerful leaps now and then made him a very fast cat. Eventually he would catch up, and hopefully Zara had her weapons by then.

As he reached her, he would bring his own blade high, and then downwards with force. The blow would be easier to dodge than to block or even parry. Hopefully Zara would see that as that crystal blade came down, seeking to cleave her in two.

When everything you touch is erased?

Shadowy Guildswoman

User Image_______________Desdemona______

The Dragon Queen, of ancient Dysmere
Black Queen, of Arcadia

Hearing Brae's words gave Desdemona several ideas, some more complicated, detailed, complex than others. Desdemona decided to utilize the most obvious defense, an aggressive offense. There were few precious moments left, according to Brae, before the ground gave out to reveal those who were tunneling. Desdemona had one bolt still reserved upon her projection-arm. With her free hand, she moved her fingers over the bolt, changing the color of the bolt from red, to a sickly looking green, entwined with traces of what could only be described as black electrical flicks. Her eyes slitted once more, her feet stepping back a little further from her current position. Should she utilize her wings, she thought to herself.. No.. It would take too long to put them to practical use, considering everything thats happening.

Adjusting her trajectory, she pointed her projection arm towards the ground, about five feet from her point of standing. Releasing the final bolt, it struck the ground, a black smoke blasting outward from the point of ground entry. A thick heavy mist began to roll across the hard surfaces, filled with yersinia pestis, spreading out over the immediate area of contact around the bolt, stretching slowly to a radius of ten feet, covering the area around and beyond Desdemona's ankles. Desdemona was now out of bolts for the time being.. The versina pestis would be extremely aggressive, as though the energies within the mist were forcibly accelerating them, pushing them to age rapidly in their development and biological effect, they were already past the incubation phase.

Desdemona herself didn't seem concerned that the thick black fog was spreading past her ankles, though she decided to mention a few things to Brae "Let them come from the ground, the first thing they come into contact with will be my death-mist" death mist, is that was Desdemona was calling it? Truth is, Desdemona wasn't sure how her arcane-accelerated pestis would affect the creatures, but she seemed confident in the fact it would have a detrimental effect on the invaders "You might want to avoid it though, perhaps you can keep it focused for a time in a controlled area around where our friends will emerge? The little monsters in my death mist may have a limited life span, but there's still the possibility they will quickly fatigue, if not immediately contaminate, atrophy or hemorrhage the bodies and organs of those they come into contact with.."

Taking the moment to observe her surroundings to make sure she had coverage, she at this time noticed some soldiers near, and around the gates, fighting the other creatures. It seemed the royal guard had finally arrived. About time.. It seems Desdemona wouldn't need to immediately launch another aggressive maneuver right away to compensate for additional defense. She'd have to find out who rallied the guard, she thought to herself as she looked on from her location, only to turn her attention back to Brae and the immediate area of the courtyard and plaza.
Jack_McLoughlin

Zara ran in desperation, and though she was fast, the body of a wolf was much bulkier than the body of a cat, all lean muscle where Zara's was heavier. Stronger, but less agile. She had only enough time to leap onto her daggers, stuck into the ground, shifting from wolf to human again with her hands on the blades to yank them out. Already Jack was upon her. "No!" She was scared. Beyond scared; Zara was terrified. Perhaps that was why she let the voice inside her head take over, and Jack's blade to sink into her side. Maroon colored eyes became blue, and black hair bleached blonde. Staring up at Jack was Lani, sharp teeth and all.

"Bad kitty should know that blood attracts the sharks," she said in a mocking tone, but it wasn't hostile. This was an old friend, and Lani didn't hate him for the monster that he was. How could she, when she was no better? "I'm dead and now you try to kill me again," she pouted. If she didn't reach Jack, she at least had time to monologue while he tried to pull his blade out of the right side of her stomach. He was so close that he's hardly be able to avoid her legs wrapping around his middle. Though the gesture was raunchy, the reason was not. He's be staying right where he was, free to hack and slash at Lani, but Lani would have his heart. "I'm terribly sorry, Jack, but I can't let you kill this little one. I need her. I don't think I could survive another rebirth," Lani said frankly, though she held no sympathy for Jack's plight now. "I don't know what my aura is doing, and I'm sorry for that, but we can stop this now."

If Jack had the sense to block, then Lani would attempt to over power him, her sharp talons attempting to plunge into Jack's chest just below the ribs. She'd take his heart out. He was almost beyond saving now, nothing more than a beast. Lani liked to think he'd want it this way. And from beast to beast, Lani knew that they should both be dead. Evil like them didn't belong in this world, not when there was already so much wrong with it. They were ancient. Old, washed up monsters living past their time. Sometimes a person needed to start over and be born anew. It was this empathy that made Lani double think what she was doing. This was Jack, a good friend who had lost his way. Guilt, something Lani rarely felt, bubbled to the surface in tears. Rather than rip his heart out, if she got her fingers in his chest she'd leave her tears instead. The tears of a phoenix to cleanse his heart and soul. "You're miserable like me," she said softly. Lani had always hated herself. "I have to go. I'm hurting my own soul being here," she said with regretful tones. Her time in control was just about up.

Hallowed Defender

While new to this realm, Ryuuku had gone unnoticed for some time due to his seemingly normal aura. His time in Arcadia has been spent living as just another of the masses. The only oddity about him was the crimson hair, and his eyes. This would have continued had it not been for the dreams that plagued the male every night. These dreams showed a different life, something more akin to a beasts life than a humans. Memories slowly came back and that is when the Serpent first spoke to Ryuuku. Each day the voice got louder, more clear until the two had become connected. Now Ryuuku would do the bidding of the Serpent using his Draconian powers for the promised riches.

High above the plaza under the cover of the clouds and any smoke, floated Ryuuku. Magnificent red wings kept the male aloft high in the sky as he looked down upon the attack. "It is only a matter of time now. The Serpent's will shall be done." An aura of extreme heat began to eat away at the clouds that covered the male's position. Slowly Ryuuku descended towards the plaza, no plan in mind as the Serpent had not given strict instructions. It seemed it was up to Ryuuku how things proceeded. For now it would be best to watch, and what better way to do so than to be in the front line. With a few final flaps, Ryuuku's wings folded behind him allowing for the male to drop down upon the plaza's floor. A thick cloak with a large hood covered Ryuuku's features. "Become ashes before my brilliant flames."

The air around the cloaked man shimmered as his right arm raised upward towards a few of serpents that attacked the guards. Out shot a dazzling crimson flame that seemed to evaporate the water in the air around it. Unless these naga and lamia had some kind of resistances, or dodged the flames they would be turned to ashes. After launching his attack, Ryuuku would draw the arm back into the cloak. Again he was entirely covered but for a split second anyone who noticed him would see his thin white arm. If they heard his voice, they would assume the figure to be male. Instinct told Ryuuku to avoid the spreading mist on the ground and leaped upwards and back onto a light post with only a single flap of the wings on his back.
Vitiate
Kawaii Swagger
Anima Persa"

Brae watched as Desdemona released the bubonic plague into the ground below them. That would require some serious cleaning up later or it would cause an epidemic in the town. Brae lifted her eyebrows in mild amusement as Desdemona told her to avoid the mist. No s**t. It had killed millions in the dark ages, though now it was rather rare to contract, carried on rodents and prarie dogs. "Yeah," Brae said. She wasn't going to contract the plague if she could avoid it.

Desdemona's breach of the ground's surface was enough to attract the remaining naga, who burst through the surface, attracted to the vibrations in the ground. Subjected to the mist, the naga seemed wary, but showed no immediate side effects, though the nasty microbe had entered their systems to wreak havoc with their insides. If the yersina pestis did not kill them outright, the flames from above would fry them to ashes anyway. By this time, all naga and lamia alike had been taken care of, turned to corpses, ashes, or sand. The few who had receded back into the enchanted forest would not be likely to return any time soon.

"Does everyone have wings?" Brae looked up, exasperated. She'd have to let Anima know of the new threat to his plans. Eyes fixed on the winged man, Brae took only a moment to glance at Desdemona. "You take care of this. It's not my job. I'll be seeing you," she said before disappearing once more, only to reappear at Anima's base. Looking around for the pink haired male, Brae said aloud, "There's another dragon around. The object has been successfully placed within the kitchen. It should be working now."

Lady Shadnire's Prince

Vicious Firestarter

Lillian Harper

El scowled. "There is no other vessel capable of bearing the strain. Understand, if the" and he did sarcastic quotation gestures when he said the next word, "Queen', were to forget all her magic, she'd still not be capable of highmagic. There's too much raw power in being a dragon, a Djinn, a construct like Vanity, or Shape shifter like jack, or even a fool like Anima. Their glasses, without magic, are not 'empty' enough. Too much on their brains, too deep are they ingrained in their ways. Despite your." He said, twirling a finger around, "Condition, you still have plenty to 'gain' even if we don't empty your glass, to use the same example. To be quite honest, We're going to drain your magic, then fill it back with it's raw more powerful brother." El explained. "To do it to someone I've already discribed, they'd end up a paltry shade of you." He scoffed.
"Your choice remains, choose what you want Lillian, if you so... choose." He said with a smile.

Vicious Aggressor

9,100 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
Kawaii Swagger

Yet another familiar face. How close were the realms of arcadia and the Sins? it didn't really matter... It seemed that this one was working for the snake. Fantastic. The serpent had clearly affected Bishopp as well, though Bishopp refused to bend it's knee. Though the physical repercussions were most apparent.

Cloaking himself? Not the style of the Ryuuku it knew. Not at all. So something had to be up, right? It was only a moment after the dragon-kin had ruined a couple of the snakes, snakes that Bishopp had NOT been attacking, that the thing made it's self known.

Wingless, Bishopp Descended down slowly, directly in the path of the male. A few things were apparent that were different from the last time Bishopp and Ryuuku had seen one another. Most apparent would be it's eyes. They were no longer blank and white. Rather they were the eyes of the World Snake it's self. Bishopp knew about it. Bishopp had spoken with it well before all of these signs of it's return became apparent. It was only natural, since the driving force behind Bishopp was not unlike the serpent. Hunger ruled over them. Or at least it USED to rule over the thing Bishopp was. The serpent had taken an interest in Bishopp. Why, it could not say. But Bishopp would not simply be a puppet.

Perhaps second most noticeable was it's hair. New style. Whoopdie doo. Then there was the tattoo's on it's neck. One that of a snake's head, it's body hidden beneath Bishopp's clothing, but the head showing on the left of it's neck. This was no regular tattoo, and could be seen moving along Bishopp's skin frequently. something else to do with the snake. On the right of it's neck, there was the roman numeral XIII.

Then there were the twin swords it carried. it had grown fond of using them after finding them. A rather serious component to it's armor, Nephros. Apparently the suit had used them in the past. They were the largest pieces it had found for it's armor so far, and they were VERY useful. They had to be. Ryuuku knew Bishopp enough to know that it loved to use it's gauntlets. It's hands. Those swords had to be something special to Bishopp if the thing was carrying them around, sheathed at all times.

"You shouldn't be here Ryuuku. You have no business here. Vanity is already long gone, as is what resided in her. So why are you here?" it asked in it's many voices as it's boots touched ground, several yards in front of Ryu, expecting an attack. Perhaps even hoping for one. The two times they had met, it was on unfair terms. One where Bishopp was Wrath. The other where Ryu was Greed. Here? There was no unfair advantage to be had here.

Hallowed Defender

It seemed Ryuuku's entrance had garnered some attention just as he hoped it would. One such person quickly disappeared after making a snide remake. The other bit of attention came from a being insisting Ryuuku shouldn't be here. Even more strange this being claimed to know about Ryuuku's past, or why he was here. None of it made sense to him, and it was as if the being addressed Ryuuku like they were old acquaintances. "You speak as if you know me, but I can say I've never met a thing as strange as you." Ryuuku stood atop the post unmoving and while observing the surroundings from under the thick cloak. There would be no attack nor would any hostility be raised from Ryuuku. Even the heated air around the male seemed to die down now that the serpents have been taken care of. It seemed odd to be so relaxed against an armored threat who clearly was armed.

"My name is not Ryuuku, rather it is Ryxuk. I am a Draconian Magi from the realm of Golarion."
Lying came so easy to the Red Dragon as if he was born to do so. In truth Ryuuku wanted to question this being intensely as to why it knew his name, and why he mentioned what he did. If Ryuuku could be cast out of his homeworld maybe somewhere, someone was similar to him? It must be something like that for Ryuuku to be mistaken for that easily. "What makes you think I am this Ryuuku you speak of?"

Lady Shadnire's Prince

Vicious Firestarter

ⱡﬡᵭғїα╞╡ Vѧאּᵻᴛү ╞
    Decendant
      of
        The Weaver & Heresy

The stubborness of her sister and her 'uncle' astounded Sindria. It left her baffled why this contest was going on at this point. Sindria had a huffy look as she watched his chaos, uncertain as her thoughts were on otherthings. Such as exactly what to say to the 'queen' about what was happening, and their offer as the royal family. She'd bite her fingernails as she thought, eyes contemplative and half aware of what was currently happening.

Pantheon of Sin's Partner

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Arcadia Fae

≯▬▬▬ﺴ Jack McLoughlin ﺴ▬▬▬≮

As he talons pierced his heart, he choked, breath hitching in agony. His eyes cleared...the vivid greens looking down at Lani, a mixture of both pain and happiness....and regret as he spies Clamoih in her side. Instantly the blades effect takes hold, crystals forming from the blood of the wound and spreading rapidly...but it stops just as quick, Jack willing the effect to end. "I...Im sorry I couldn't save you back then Lani." His voice is OLD, and very deep. His "glamor" is begining to fade as his aura disappears. He smiles, face wrinkling slightly with age. "But...I will not let her die...even after I fade..." He says. He wraps his arms around her backside, and lifts her from his waist gently, his chest dripping black blood as her talons remove a small chuck of his core. He doesn't wince though, always a Glutton for pain. "Do me a favor though? Dont fade too. Guide her blades for now, and try and help her along." He sets her on the ground as he drops to a knee, and he places a hand on her head gently, and smiles at her. "Goodbye Lani...Take care."

His eyes, the yinyang curse mark fades away, and the eyes turn a deep blue as he speaks one final time. "And...Good bye Zara, Sindria." With that...his smile catches, and his hair turns grey. All the color leaves his skin and clothing, and slowly, as the wind blows softly across the Courtyard...his body blows away as ashes and dust, age finally touching the immortal Elder Demon. Clamoih fades with him, the crystals on Zara/Lani's bodies fading as well, though a minor scar will still remain, such is the nature of Clamoih. In Jack's place floats a necklace of green, blue and orange, the shape of a yinyang. Orange half, green half, and blue dots adorning the tops, it is Jack's core put in jewelry form, and it is left for one of the girls.

When everything you touch is erased?
Jack_McLoughlin

Lani looked pained, eyes holding a vast depth of sorrow as Jack apologized. She was the one with her hands in his chest, and he was apologizing. "Shhh. Stop. It's not your fault," she said strongly, not letting her voice waver. Watching her dear friend age so quickly, Lani wasn't sure how to feel. Was this how Jack really looked? "Hey, stop that. You're not going anywhere," she reassured him, though at this point it may have been more to reassure herself. "Don't say that. Of course I'm not going anywhere. Neither are you," her voice was more desperate now. "Stop that, right now. I'm not taking care of this brat, that's your job." Lani had no interest in Zara really, despite being two sides of the same coin. They were really nothing alike, and Lani couldn't find it in her to bond with the Djinni who now resided in her body.

"What are you doing you stupid cat? Stop that! Right now! I put phoenix tears around your heart, what are you doing?" She was repeating herself now, and her voice was high in hysterics. He was saying good bye, and Lani couldn't handle it. Perhaps immature, Lani left the rest to Zara for her to deal with. Lani couldn't handle any more. Zara was stronger, mentally, but when Zara came to she was not prepared for the sight of Jack doubled over on the ground. Maroon eyes wide, Zara watched as his body faded, and a necklace remained. That would be the second necklace Zara had gotten her hands on lately, and she found herself wishing she could trade it in for the real thing. "Uncle Jack," she said in hushed tones, sad eyes turning to her sister. Holding the necklace, Zara didn't know what she was supposed to do now.

Shadowy Guildswoman

User Image_______________Desdemona______

The Dragon Queen, of ancient Dysmere
Black Queen, of Arcadia

The numbers from the creatures which had entered the town, had dwindled, and Brae had left her. The only other people in the plaza with her, now were the two individuals whom arrived after the siege had already started to thin out. From what she could tell, the two of them had some sort of business together, one claiming to know the other, well, if they had some sort of business, then Des wouldn't be one to step on their toes. She soon just as well, would take her leave of the plaza, and make her way back to the throne room.

Upon returning to the throne room, Desdemona would meet herself, her phantom twin awaiting her in the room, the last of her servants which had been still in-tact after the ordeal of things that had happened. Approaching the phantom, Desdemona lifted her hand, and touched it upon the shoulder of her double, the phantom fading away from sight, leaving only one Desdemona to be seen. Leaning back upon the throne, she relaxed her head and neck, closing her eyes. Her consciousness slowly stretched out, covering a large area, her senses sharpening to the sum of their capabilities, while her body relaxed for a period of time.

After a small nap, she came to a conclusion on her thoughts. The people would need something to calm them after the city had been attacked by such a large number of creatures. A festival, to help them put their minds at ease. Seeing the guard (Sheilds?), assisting in defending the castle, slightly renewed her faith in the capabilities of those within the walls. She thought deeply on the matter, before confirming the thought to herself. So long as the people had a fighting chance, it was reason to cerebrate. Perhaps the festival celebrating the city, it's people and the soldiers within it could help the confidence and morale of everyone within the walls.

Desdemona made her way to the castle's treasury, collecting 2,000 coins, placing out word to those in the hall, that the city bards and castle staff were to meet her in the throne room. Returning to the throne room, Desdemona would wait a time for the castle staff, and bards to join her while organizing funds to begin distributing and account to the necessary resources for the festival, staff and advertising as needed.

Lady Shadnire's Prince

Vicious Firestarter

Sindria clicked her tongue, and frowned as she glanced at her sister. "Lani." She acknowledged, eyes somewhat worried, somewhat afraid as well. Lani, in her mind, was a double edged sword, with very much a chance to hurt as well as help. "Zara." she'd murmur softly as she called her sister to her arms opening them as she frowned at the sight of the ashes. Life found a way, even for one such as uncle jack.
RPers, I'm making an announcement to let you all know, ownership of this thread is changing. I have found that I am not cut out for carrying along a story. I'm happy with Arcadia's story and the RPers here, but it has come to a stagnant halt, due in large part to my own ability to carry along the plot.

I have asked Vitiate if she would like to re-create the thread as something similar but a little different perhaps, and she has accepted. She will be making a new thread, and I will be posting a link for everyone to look at if they are interested in joining.

I'm sorry to end this story so short, but I can see that it is coming to a halt. Everyone is free to finish up their business here in this thread, or explain why there characters might be called away if they would like to, of course.

Thanks,
Fae

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas