Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Gatekeeper

User Image

? By himself. Throwing a tennisball.

JONATHAN CAYNE

x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x xxx x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x x xxx x x x x x x x x x x x x x xxx x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x

Jonathan shrugged off Alyss’ argument regarding how much someone had to care for
                                          the radio with a snort, and made his way to his bunk. He couldn’t understand why anyone
                                          would care for such an outdated piece of technology, especially not when there had to be –
                                          even at the factories – better ways to play music. Then again, there were a lot of people the
                                          young male couldn’t wrap his mind around. If it had been for a sentimental reason, it would
                                          have been better for the person to just move on, in his opinion.

By the time Jonathan had reached his quarter of the barrack, and was fiddling with the few
                                          possessions thrown into the storage box by his bed, Hana joined the halfhearted conversation.
                                          She was lying on her bunk not too far away from the two, and the drowsy tone of hers was
                                          almost enough to draw a chuckle from him. She was clearly not full awake yet. The teal haired
                                          female was yet another one of the people he didn’t have anything particularly against nor for; but
                                          this time it was mainly for the little time they ever spent together. As far as he knew, though,
                                          she was the only one in the barrack who hadn’t received a power that night.

Whilst poking about in the box Jonathan lent the girls’ talk an ear, until he found what he was
                                          looking for. He pulled out the small tennis ball and juggled it as he turned once more, just in
                                          time to catch en eye on Sawyer marching out the door of the barrack. The leapers eyebrows
                                          furrowed in momentary confusion over where she had come from, as she hadn’t been in the
                                          barrack when he had turned to the box, and gave the others a glance. He opened his mouth to
                                          ask, but was abruptly cut of when Alyss threw a quite sarcastic remark on how ‘uncool’ her
                                          ability to – in lesser words – control technology was, and the dark haired male let go of a huff.
                                          ''I’m glad you have realized that yourself; it’s the first step towards acceptance.'' In all honesty
                                          he truly did not mean any harm in his mockery; it was just his way to get by.

"Poor Jonathan, from the artist fraction and not even able to tell when something is beautiful."

As soon as the blue haired girl spoke up once more, the tennis ball fell to the ground and
                                          Jonathans face twisted in an aggravated expression. Had it been a cartoon, steam surely would
                                          have come out of his ears. ''I know what beauty is!'' The harsh tone of his voice surprised even
                                          him, and Jonathan added a bit quieter. ''I know exactly what it is, better than you’ll ever know.''
                                          He bent down to pick up the ball, and then steered his steps towards the door with a frown. As
                                          he exited, Zachary entered.

Soot was greeted with nothing but the frown from Jonathans side; he didn’t even acknowledge
                                          the fact that the younger male was carrying food, and instead just hissed something along the
                                          line of ''Beauty and value are two very different things.'' Before disappearing in a blur, for the first
                                          time being able to teleport without doing the comically long leap.

Jonathan didn’t spend much time taking pride over the sudden advance, though, and as soon as
                                          his sight cleared up from teleporting he violently hurled the tennis ball towards the wall of a
                                          building nearby. The ball bounced back, as expected, and he caught it in one hand before hurling
                                          it back once more. The game of throw was a usual way to blow of some steam, something the
                                          male desperately needed. Alyss’ hadn’t meant any harm, he knew that, but that didn’t mean
                                          that none were taken. She had mentioned the sole reason he had been taken from a
                                          comfortable life to this hole in the ground, and needless to say it had ticked him off slightly.

x x x xx x x x x x x x x x x x x x xxx x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x x xxx x x x x x x x x x x x x x xxx x x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x

User Image

Zagnith
]
kooolkat2469

Celaxy

Piletto

SKYYbluu

Manly Shoujo

11,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          where: Outside in the cold.
          what: Waiting to see what everyone else can do.
          with: Erik, Jun, and Emma

Gala followed the group outside. She gave another thin smile as Emma and Jun exchanged banter, and when Jun built off of Erik's serious tone by suggesting he was talking of a harem, the woman felt her smile crack and form into a uneasy grin - as the idea was both hilarious, and extremely uncomfortable. Gala reached over and patted Jun on the shoulder once. The gesture was a little vague, but she figured Jun would get that with it, she meant, "calm down".

Then Erik dismissed her statements, and got right to business... but as his words hit her ears, Galuca felt herself freeze. Her eyes widened and her face paled, until she was as white as the frosted breath that floated around them.
      Safe to say, secret-sharing was not Galuca's strong suit.

Jun, as usual, was the first to speak up, and stepped out to separate herself from the rest of the group. Gala's head started to spin again, and she rubbed one hand to her temples. The pain was nearly unbearable, and seeing Jun conjure fire out of thin air certainly didn't help the fact.
      Fire... literally... dancing. This was no joke. This was happening. Now she knew she wasn't the only one, but that didn't console her so much as it frightened her more - because if it was just herself, she could control it, or at least push it down so much that she was the only one her power hurt. More people meant more variables, ones that she couldn't control. Jun was awful at keeping secrets - a nice girl, a loyal friend, but still terrible at keeping her mouth shut. She'd even said so herself! And this was definitely something that needed to be kept quiet, even if Erik thought that it shouldn't be. If the guards found out.... No, if the government found out... Images flashed through Galuca's mind, pictures of herself, Jun, Erik, Soot, Sawyer, everyone being torn from the factory fraction, sent to the health fraction for testing or to be, to be... disposed of.
      Her headache pounded in her skull.
      Colored dots appeared as her vision began to blur.
      Fear was not something she was unaccustomed to, but, well..... it didn't make it any less terrifying.
      Stop it... STOP IT!!

People were talking around her; Jun speaking to Emma, someone speaking softly in the distance, but all Galuca could hear was white noise. Static infiltrated her brain like a virus, until she couldn't take it anymore. She put her head up - the girl glance to Erik, then to Jun and Emma, and surrendered. She searched the area for something to target, then looked over and found near them a cart, filled with junk metal to be taken to an incinerator.
      She waved her hand within the circle to get everyone's attention, then, blink. It was stone.

Gala's face calmed as her headache melted away... the cart was certainly bigger than a broom, and thusly, the strain it took off of her was larger.
      She looked to the group with a serious, grave expression, making sure to catch Jun, Erik, and Emma's eyes. Then, she walked over, hit the top of the cart with her hand, and watched as it fall into the dirt below as dust.

Extragalactic Invader

User Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sawyer perked up at the mention of graham crackers. ”Graham crackers?” she asked as she grabbed the underside of her bed and did a little back flip off of the bed, wincing slightly as she jostled her injured back. As soon as her feet touched the floor, she turned to face Justin and braced her hands on his shoulders. ”You do know that now you have to share with me right?” She paused to take a breath and flicked her now dry bangs to the side. Only to have them fall back into her eyes. ”You know how much I love graham crackers. Especially when they’re so hard to come by in this shithole.” Sawyer knew her mouth was running away from her, but she couldn’t help it. Especially around Justin. Sure she got tongue tied around some of the others, but the blonde was the first person to make her feel comfortable when she moved into the barracks a couple of years ago.

Hoisting herself back up onto her bed, she swung her head back down to its previous position. Sawyer snorted. ”Psh. Like they’d be able to figure out it was you causing that. And if by chance they did, they still wouldn’t believe it was you. I mean, nobody really knows or believes us about our powers. They all think we’re crazy.” The space between her eyes furrowed as he thoughts kinda turned a bit dark, but she shook it off quickly as she came to face to face with a half sphere of water.

Sawyer blinked in confusion. Before she could ask about it, Justin asked if she was thirsty for magically induced water. Now that she thought about it, she was really thirsty. The beating she took earlier had caused her to throw up her breakfast and she still had the nasty aftertaste left over from the vomit. She nodded. ”I guess I can find a way to entertain you in exchange for the water and graham crackers.” The thief waited a beat before she realized what she had just said and how it could be taken the wrong way.

She blushed a bright red and tried to dig herself out of the hole she had built. ”Not in that way of course. That would be weird. Not because of you but because we’re not together so it would be weird and I’m mucking this all up and I really should stop talking,” she rambled on before removing her head from Justin’s line of sight and buried her face in her pillow. ’Kill me now.’

Location: Barrack 1 + Company: Justin + Doing: Talking to Justin + Feeling: Embarrassed
Chocolate Goo
User Image
ustin xx ℰ. xx Sans
"Nemo"

╔══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Justin chuckled at her reaction about the graham crackers. He was a little surprised she hadn't noticed it earlier. Then again no one really went through each other's things when they all had the same stuff for the most part. That and between her adventures, she was probably more interested in sleep when she got back than crackers.

”Psh. Like they’d be able to figure out it was you causing that. And if by chance they did, they still wouldn't believe it was you. I mean, nobody really knows or believes us about our powers. They all think we’re crazy.” Justin simply nodded. A part of him said he was over thinking it. As long as no one was caught using their gifts, they would pretty much be safe. Still, they'd all just get more and more comfortable with it and get lazy in protecting it and each other. It was a dark thought, but one he felt like he should address with everyone about it at some point.

Then her comment came, and she took it in the wrong direction. A slight shade of red ran across the bridge of his nose before she pulled her own head away and buried it. After a brief pause, Justin chuckled lightly before quietly making his way over to his locker and found his small tin box that he held the treats in. Instead of making a comment about it all, actions would be little nicer to Sawyer than anything he could say would. He went back over to Sawyer, who still had her face hidden in the thin cushion, and placed it next to her. "I suppose I do owe you a cut of my little extortion racket." He took a quick glance at her back. Something was off about the fabric. It almost looked wet. Lines took form in almost deliberate manner. His eyes widened slightly. "Hon, now be honest, are you okay?"

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

STATUS
    Health - 100% - Gettin' a little nervous
    Location - Barracks 1
    Company - Sawyer

Lil_Pink_Overlord

Extragalactic Invader

User Image

Sawyer cursed mentally when Justin pointed out the slight sheen of the blood on the back of her shirt. She thought that the blood had stopped for the time being. Obviously she was wrong though. She sighed before propping herself up onto her elbows and turned her face towards the blonde man. She also didn’t want to lie to him. ”Basically, I decided to play super hero. Not my best idea, but I nothing would’ve made me change my mind.” She paused briefly to take a deep breath to get herself back into the present time, and not early this morning. She was glad she had done what she had done. But the pain that she was currently going through, especially with the shirt beginning to stick her back, was almost too much for Sawyer to bear.

”It was just after breakfast,” she began calmly. ”I decided to take a walk before coming back here. Once I got to the courtyard of the building where our classes are held, I noticed some guards roughing up a young kid. Maybe ten at the oldest. I guess he had stolen something from one of the guards and got caught. They were getting ready to whip him when I decided to antagonize them, giving the kid the chance to flee. As you could imagine, they didn’t take that too well. More words were exchanged and eventually I found myself on my knees, two guards pinning my hands and arms down to the ground. The other one had the whip.” Though it had happened a few hours ago, Sawyer couldn’t help but think back to this morning.

**Earlier This Morning**

Sawyer left the cafeteria in a hurry. She didn’t want to have to deal with some of the other youth boys who were still eating in the room. Not only were they considered the ’jocks’ of the institute, they also tended to give the young thief a hard time for being a “scrawny little orphan who would never amount to anything other than a factory worker and a baby maker.” Shaking her head she placed her hands in her pants pockets and decided to take the shortcut through the courtyard to the barracks.

As she passed by on the outer edge of the yard, Sawyer heard and saw out of her peripheral a young boy getting roughed up by some of the guards. Squinting so she could get a slightly better look at the boy, she saw that he couldn’t be older than ten and as scrawny as they come. Sawyer knew it was a dumb idea, but she couldn’t help it. She would never be able to live with herself if she let the boy get what was due him. Her grandfather always said that a single spark could ignite and create a forest fire. Which, if she could help it, Sawyer wanted to avoid causing too big of waves this early on in the game.

”Hey asshats! Why don’t you crawl back to whatever hole you slithered out of and leave the boy alone.” This could’ve been the worst thing Sawyer could’ve done. Though not punishable by death, she knew that there would be consequences and that they’d be painful. Especially when she realized that the guard captain coming towards her was one who gave the young woman the creeps. Even more so than her bunk mate Erik and his creepy-ish demeanor.

No sooner had the words left her mouth before the guards threw the boy to the side and began advancing on Sawyer. Glancing over she saw that the boy had gotten up and ran, which caused her to smile a small smile. ”Well lookie here boys,” the biggest guard said before grabbing the young woman by the chin and pulling her towards him, the stench of gin on his breath. He leered at Sawyer before continuing. ”I know at least one hole I’d like to slither in to. What do ya say, Shady Sawyer? Wanna give it a go?”

Sawyer wretched her face out of the guard’s grip and spat in his face. ”Not even if you were the last man on this goddamn planet and the fate of the world rested on my decision to crawl into your bed you bloody wanker! I’d rather be sent to rot in the fiery depths of hell before I let you willingly touch me.” This comment earned her a backhand to the face. The force of the hit forcing Sawyer to the ground.

The guard wiped of the small spot of saliva before his eyes took on a hard edge. ”Hold her down. On her knees. It’s time we taught this b***h a lesson.” Next thing she knew, Sawyer found herself on her hands and knees with her arms pinned down and the crack of the whip echoing throughout the courtyard as the captain gave her twenty lashes.

**Present Time**

”After all that happened, I came straight back here. If I could report the captain I would. But you know as well as I do that they would never believe my word over his. And I don’t want you to go running in and causing any trouble for them because of this. It’s not your fight and you’d probably share the exact same fate as me,” Sawyer muttered quietly as she lowered her eyes away from Justin’s. She wasn’t ready to face him just yet. She wanted to see what he’d say and how he’d react first.

Location: Barrack 1 + Company: Justin + Doing: Talking to Justin
Chocolate Goo
User Image

иєvιииy cℓαяαbєℓℓє ℓєє

Nevinny looked up when she saw some movement out of the corner of
                                          her eye. Also , the conversation between Alyss and Jonathan eemed to
                                          heat up a bit slightly. They weren't really arguing , but Jonathan was
                                          quite obviously annoyed. With Jonathan's comment about the radio ,
                                          Nevinny couldn't quite blame Alyss for retorting with such a comment.
                                          You treat people how you want to be treated.
                                          However, It was Hana's voice that snapped her out of
                                          her slight trance due to her deep thinking. She turned towards the younger
                                          girl , who seemed to be quite sleepy, and looked like she was about to
                                          pass out at any moment. Nevinny, who's face is usually quite blank and
                                          emotionless smiled brightly at Hana before she replied with.
                                          "Hana, you are quite right, how are you today?"
                                          Nevinny
                                          wasn't the type to talk very much at all, but what she did say, she said it
                                          with feeling, and it was very genuine.

While waiting for Hana's response, Nevinny called "Nevee" by her close friends
                                          which pretty much was...just Hana. She adored the younger girl and was
                                          quite protective over her. More like a mother then a sister. She couldn't
                                          quite explain the feelings for Hana, especially when she could barely remember
                                          her own parents and how they cared for her. Nevinny only had that one clear
                                          memory of that day in the flower fields. She doesn't even know where they
                                          were. It's like her entire childhood was one giant memory that was removed
                                          from her, and just left that one memory inside her head. She didn't even know
                                          her mother or father's name. Just their happy smiling faces from that day in
                                          the flower fields. If she was asked, Nevinny wouldn't even be able to tell you
                                          what faction she was born in. It definitely wasn't here, because there were
                                          no such fields in this place. She sighed in frustration. She didn't even know
                                          how she could recover such information from her past, but it would be nice if
                                          she could. There has to be a reason why such information was lost to her.
                                          Memories don't just go missing.

素敵だね
二人手をとり 歩けたなら
行きたいよ
キミの街 家 腕の中

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tipsy Spotter

User Image
                          User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In her half asleep state, Hana neglected to remember what Alyss (or Wiress) preferred to be called. It was too bad. Alyss was such a pretty name... At least, Hana thought it was. Though, there was nothing wrong with the name Wiress. Even if it didn’t sound as pretty, it still suited the other blue-haired girl very well.

Hana was zoning in and out of the conversation at that point. Even though she wasn’t entirely listening, the bits and parts her ears picked up were enough for her to know what was generally being talked about. She wanted to get at least a few more minutes of her afternoon nap in, but the increasing presence of people were making her less and less sleepy. It would be a shame if she missed something fun while she was just sleeping the day away! But still, she kept her eyes closed; just so she didn’t end up groggy from waking up too fast.

”Life is always a fairytale,” was her rather late and absent-minded response to Alyss, as it was said right after Jonathan had exited the room and teleported away. Hana was just picking up the conversation from where she left off before she dozed off earlier. ”It’s just hard for some people to find their happy endings.”

Hana’s eyes finally fluttered open then, revealing the deep shade of green hidden underneath her eyelids. She slowly pushed her weight off of the bed and rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes with the sleeve of her loose-fitting sweater.

”Jon is hurt,” she absent-mindedly mumbled to herself before her sleepy eyes wandered around the room. Nevinny was in her usually spot, with her usual journal. Alyss looked like she finished fixing the old radio, and then there was Zachary. Hana frowned slightly as her eye movements stopped on him.

”Zachy, you should’ve washed up before eating.” Hana stated as she fought back a yawn by stretching her arms straight into the air. ”You might get sick! Isn’t that right, Nevee?” Hana didn’t know what time it was, but seeing Zachary with food made her wonder if she slept through the lunch hour. Did everyone else just come back from the cafeteria? It would be a shame if Hana was the only one who didn’t make it. She quite enjoyed having a meal with her friends, and the soup that was served during that morning was actually kind of tasty.

User Image xxxxxx User Image xxxxxx User Image
User Image

иєvιииy cℓαяαbєℓℓє ℓєє

”You might get sick! Isn’t that right, Nevee?” Nevinny smiled
                                          at the young girl. "Yes na-na , that is correct." She shot
                                          a sideways joking glance towards Zach. She wasn't sure what to think of the young man.
                                          Of course that was her primary thought of everyone, since she was quite the shut-in. Of
                                          course she did like to joke every now and then. There was nothing wrong with that. She
                                          was a human being after all. However lately, she had quite a bit on her mind. Everyone
                                          in the barracks seemed to be pretty open about their powers, she hadn't really had the
                                          chance to talk to anyone of them about her powers. Not even Hana. Nevinny wasn't even
                                          sure any of them knew about her power. ”Jon is hurt,” .
                                          Nevinny frowned. Did she just say what I thought she did?
                                          She would ask Hana , or maybe Jonathan himself about it later. If he was hurt
                                          she was going to heal him, whether he wanted her too or not. She was given this ability
                                          and she should do as much good as she can, because who knows , maybe one day she
                                          will wake up and it will no longer be there.

There was a reason why they all had these powers and there was a reason why it was
                                          now. The guards, and all of the factions, once they get wind of all of their powers something
                                          was bound to happen. As selfish as their world was, Nevinny guessed that they would all
                                          try to take them and use them for their own selfish needs or wishes. It wasn't right, but she
                                          really thought something like that would happen. Nevinny's heart still jumped every time that
                                          she saw a guard. She really wanted to know what happened to that little girl. She wanted to
                                          know who the little girl was. Maybe Hana could tell her? Was that a selfish thing to ask?
                                          Nevinny wasn't sure, but she really wanted to know what happened to her. Hopefully they didn't
                                          send her away or hurt her. What if the little girl told them what happened? She was sleeping
                                          that wasn't possible. Nevinny sighed in relief. She was nervous. Maybe she could talk to
                                          someone about it and maybe feel a little bit better about the whole thing. She didn't do
                                          anything wrong, Nevinny knew that, but in her faction, her society's eyes, she did.
                                          She violated their rules and she didn't know what was going to happen.

素敵だね
二人手をとり 歩けたなら
行きたいよ
キミの街 家 腕の中

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quotable Explorer

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image

A l y s s B l i g h t
══════════════
W i r e s s

...and like that Jonathan was mad at her. She stood up, prepared to apologize. She had crossed a line after all. The details of his cause for premature fraction demotion weren't ones he made known, but occasionally one of them hit close enough to home to offend him. He was gone before she was fully upright, having stormed out muttering to himself. A slight frown creased her forehead and she turned back to her desk as Hana sleepily resumed the conversation they had started earlier, commenting on how life really was a fairytale. Didn't all of their lives prove the opposite? She kept herself from saying that aloud though, knowing from past experimentation that it would upset the younger girl, and she liked Hana. Besides, having two of her barrack mates mad at her at once wouldn't do any of them any good.

"I didn't mean to hurt his feelings," Alyss said as Zachary made his way to his own desk and began sloppily eating a bowl of the slop they were being fed for breakfast and lunch. "I suppose I'll have to step more lightly in the future. I'll apologize at lunch." If he shows up, she added silently. If he didn't, she'd seek him out. He would have had enough time to cool off by then. She wanted to ask him about his ability anyway. In fact, she wanted to ask about everyone's. She assumed they all had them, it made sense when deducted. They were all in one barrack, and they had all passed out during the black out and woken up in their beds. Jonathan and she at least spoke of their powers openly to each other, mostly in the same teasing sense they had already done before she had gone too far and brought his past up.

"It is a beauty, isn't it?" she asked, running a hand over the top, in response to Zachary's question. "I almost don't want to give it back." She grinned at him. He, out of anyone she knew, would have an appreciation similar to hers. Sometimes he made contraptions that she could inspect, and she showed him when she made new gadgets or found an interesting old bit of technology. In fact, she wanted to show him the little trick she had learned before, he'd think it was brilliant.

"Is your stealing going to become a habit?" she asked, pointing a screwdriver at his emptying bowl. "Because that might lead to getting us all in trouble. Scrutiny wouldn't serve any of us well. And how's your head feeling?" Of course she knew it wasn't an injury that made him wrap the bandage around it, but she hadn't seen what lied beneath yet. A knowing look sparked behind her eyes as she stared at him, waiting for his response. She wanted him to know that she knew something, perhaps more than he originally thought, when really she knew next to nothing.

════════════════════════════
L o c a t i o n » The Barracks
C o m p a n y » Her barrack mates (minus Jonathan)
F e e l i n g » Focused | Cheerful | Regretful
D o i n g » Talking
════════════════════════════

User Image

Piletto
Celaxy
SKYYbluu
User Image
ustin xx ℰ. xx Sans
"Nemo"

Justin didn't make a peep during the entire story, each word steadily making him more and more upset. Gone were the smile and the sparkly eyes, replaced with a small frown and narrowed eyes. It wasn't fair. He knew he would've done the same but this time it was Sawyer. Not only did she have something none of them truly understood, but she was a girl.
                                  Justin took a deep breath. "You did the right thing. Not gonna deny that... Would've have done the same thing..." He rested his chin on the mattress, just so he'd be in the corner of her eyes. He had a thing about eye contact, even if it wasn't direct, when he had serious talks. "But.. We all got something we don't understand that could prove... difficult... if they found out. We've all had to learn to live with the beatings, the boy will have too as well..." He paused briefly, he knew he was right there. They ALWAYS got beat for something, barracks 1 just had a couple of tougher people taking residence. "Besides that. We'll need to take care of each other first and foremost..."

Justin really didn't want to say the next part. The guard captain was sick. How could Justin be brought up to understand what it is to be human, in this prison, and the dog be worse then him with all his freedom? The thought caused Justin's stomach to flip and gave him cause to find the b*****d and show him just who- A loud groaning came from above the two. The pipes above must have been bent as Justin's emotions began to bleed into his power He took a deep breath and decided to rip it off like a band-aid. "You're a girl, leave the heroics to me. Before you take it wrong. Just realize no matter how tough you are, no matter what the midnight vigilante is capable of doing, you're still gonna be worth protecting to me. The last thing I want is the captain..." Justin's voice grew quieter until it just stopped. She was smart, she could figure out the rest. Instead he slid the tin box in front of her and popped off the top, revealing the golden cracker within.

STATUS
    Location - Barracks 1
    Company - Sawyer

Lil_Pink_Overlord

Beloved Conversationalist

7,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ʝack ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Things are shaping up to be pretty odd, little deaths in musical beds. So it seems I'm someone I've never met.."

xWakkaxWakkaxBeneath the dull dark purple light inside this pitch black room hung like a dim old lamp above an averagely built male with short brown hair, a dark black suit and a deep forest green tie, sitting on a rickety old uncomfortable chair. He tried to pull himself from this chair but his body was frozen, locked in place in this strange room, when one light after another flickered on in a straight line in this abyss of pitch black. As the lights ignited on, it was almost like they released the strange shackles he had keeping him in this chair. He could stand now. His legs feeling tired and worn from what felt like years of locked to the chair by some strange force. Ahead of him seemed like there was something in the distance as he began to move forward under the dull illumination of the top lights. As his feet reached the edges of the first lamp's grace and into the next; the lamp flickered off and now the only thing he could see behind him only the black abyss that surrounded every other side of him. Jack followed forwards, heading for the object or figure he saw in the distance. As he got closer to the figure he realized it looked like a man about his height facing away from him. All the while the lights behind him flickering out so the darkness trailed at his heels. As he began to reach the figure he stopped in realization that the figure looked familiar, and at this moment it turned around. As the figure turned, it froze Jack in his tracks. It was his father. Long gone to Utopia he thought he'd never see the man again. "Dad.. Where did you go?" the figure of his father soon opened his mouth but instead of words only loud blaring static echoed out of his lungs and soon his father ignited in flames and moved closer to Jack. No where to run. No where to hide. Jack turned and tried to step forwards, but soon he fell. The dark abyss wrapping him in it's black embrace once more.

Brown eyes snapped open revealing he was still embraced within the cocoon of blankets and pillows from the night before. From what he could feel he was still partially clothed from the late night out before. Jack hadn't really found out what had happened about a week ago the night he was knocked out and mysteriously appeared back in his bunk but ever since then he had been having awful headaches and seeing things that weren't there. Every time he tried to control them or if he even remotely focused on the headaches he would see more and more things manifest. Maybe he had finally just gone crazy from the stress of the situation they had all been put in, but there was one thing for sure. When he was sitting in class, reading notes or listening to lectures the classroom should not crumble away in strange hallucinations. The worst one had happened two days ago, on Friday. He was in one of his final classes of the day listening to the lecture and the walls and floors crumbled away and all around him was degrading into a wasteland, something out of an awful tale of a post-apocalyptic future but it all felt real, the grainy dusty wind that blew past him and he could of even sworn his hair was moving. But still around him sat everyone that watched the teacher and lecture patiently like nothing was happening around them. He was going crazy, Jack was seeing things and his headaches weren't getting any better, if anything the less he focused on the headaches it was the hallucinations that were taking over. Yesterday had been the worst for him, but in his free time off he had been experimenting with them, trying to keep the world from falling to whatever subconcience was fueling these strange happenings to him. In his experiments on himself he learned that trying to fight the hallucinations only made the headaches worse and intensified the feelings and horrors that his mind could create. He hadn't told anyone about it, although his mood had severely changed in the last couple of days.

See, Jack was normally a friendly guy. Very sociable and talkative for someone in all their situations. He tried to stay positive for the group to help keep any kind of semblance of normality with the group. Plus he actually kind of enjoyed being around all the folks in the Institute. It made him feel nice having someone to talk to rather than when he was back home only studying medicine. Although that past was gone now, he was more destined to become a factory worker if he didn't give it his all and with the latest developments with his strange hallucinations it hadn't made it easy. The night prior though Jack had spent a night outside after curfew to try and control it some more, although while he was out he managed to get himself caught, luckily only by one guard. This was when he found out about the other half of his powers. When the guard grabbed Jack's shoulder and exposed neck to get a hold of him the guard's skin came in contact with his. Which only caused the guard to stumble back with a groan and a grab of his head. The guard's eyes stared at Jack in horror as he started to shake, Jack then also felt it happen. The world had crumbled away once more he was standing in a graveyard. Graves lined the area and as Jack turned around he could see the reason for the guard's discomfort. There was a woman, that looked like she had been partially burned alive. "M-murderer.." these words falling from her mouth like weak groans and Jack realized that this horrifying woman was not looking at himself, but at the Guard. Jack tried to shake it away just like the headaches before trying to control it as the world around them fell apart in sheets of paper to his eyes. Like tiny photographs littering the ground as he spun back around once more to look towards the guard as a loud thump and crack had come out from behind him. The guard had hit the ground and was convulsing violently. Jack needed to leave.. now.

Fast forward to now, where Jack lay after he managed to get back home the night before seeing that not only was it a good idea to keep his powers in check but not to let anyone touch him. He could only assume the voices he could hear beyond his blanket barricade were those of his bunkmates. He pushed his head out of the blankets the sunlight from outside streaming in the windows now visible and making his head sting. It seemed he was correct, the others were here and it seemed like he had slept in for the majority of the day. It seemed quite a few of them were here, Hana, Zach, Alyss.. or Wiress as she had started calling herself as well as it seemed to be Nevinny was there. Jack was not ready to handle four people's questions of wh he hadn't really been around much lately or where he had been hiding out. Especially since his head was pounding and he could only imagine what his mind would bring on next. One thing did come up in his mind, since he had been up late most nights haunted by his visions he hadn't really gotten a chance to ask them if they were having the same problems, the others had already exhibited some powers, Jonathan proving that with his little teleportation, but some people's were still a mystery to him. The more obvious ones had stuck out to him, but what was his? Did he really get the short stick of the draw and end up with the power of tripping out all the time. Speaking of code names, what would be his? Fever Dream Man? He could only imagine what they would come up with for him. He kinda wanted something cool but how cool can be touching people and making them have the equivalent of probably one of the worst nightmares you could have living. Oh wait, it wasn't, at all or at least he didn't think so.

Jack sat up in bed, the blankets curling around him and his more curious side grabbed hold of him to force the headaches on the back burner for a few while he tried to have a conversation with them. "You people are awful for my beauty sleep." his hair was disheveled already "See now I know some of you have kind of already shown the signs of wild abilities. But I really hope I'm not the only one plagued by hallucinations." he had been trying to keep the oddities away for a few moments when the walls started to change a mold into different foods. Oh boy, his mind was telling him that he was hungry as well as the noise of protest from his stomach gave him a reason for the strange visions around him. The others there he got along with rather well, in the last couple of days he had mentioned to Hana offhandedly that he was having awful headaches, but that was really before the whole tear between reality and fantasy. He seemed to get a long with her quite well, she was very much like himself in his friendly nature, although as of late Jack wasn't the most talkative because of the headaches. He preferred to keep to himself and try to focus on studying, using some of the studying materials to create things out of mid air. He had controlled them a little bit, but since his powers hinged on other people as well, he was very trepidatious to try it with other people.

Kicking his feet out from under the blankets and hopping down from his top bunk tucked away in the corner of the Barracks. He grabbed his wrinkled grey button up shirt and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, as he did his mind played another trick making the brushing away motion seem as if he had sparkles and flecks of snow trailing from his fingers. This was starting to get obnoxious but he couldn't complain, at least it wasn't horrible nightmares like had been suffering from the last couple of days. For now, as he stood black pants with a grey button up top with a topping of brown eyes and messed up brown hair, this was about as presentable Jack had planned to make himself today. Especially after the wake up call of all of the commotion within the Barracks, from the conversations he had taken in, it seemed like Jon had caused a fuss earlier. Rolling up his sleeves to the elbows and unbuttoning one of the top buttons on his shirt to let in some air, he could already feel the cool chill from when Zach had entered lingering around so he'd probably grab his jacket if he headed outside. For now he'd try and bear with the wild migraines and fever dream like hallucinations and try to keep a decent conversation with the group although grub was something he planned for in the near future. "Greetings folks' by the way."

"...You will only hear these elegant crimes, fall on your ears from criminal dimes. They spill unfound from a pretty mouth."
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ғellen ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Where am I?: Barracks 2,
Who are these people?: Everyone else within the main area of Barracks 2.
What are my thoughts?: "Stop with the acid trips please... I swear to god, mind I'm coming up there."
OutOfCreativity: Whew, that took a while.

Extragalactic Invader

User Image

Sawyer knew that Justin was right. Sooner or later the younger kids would have to deal with the consequences of their actions. But just seeing how small the boy was, she knew deep down in her heart that if the beating was as hard on her as it would have been on the boy. Then the boy may not have recovered and died well before he should have. ’But why should the kids have to go through what we do at such a young age? The taking away of privileges makes sense. But the brutality of the beatings and having them inflicted on the children?’ She knew her thoughts were taking a dark turn, but she shook it off as she continued to listen Justin’s voice. She wouldn’t admit to the others, but the water user’s voice always managed to calm Sawyer down and help bring her back from losing herself in her dark and depressing thoughts.

Sawyer would have taken offense to Justin’s comment, but stopped herself as he continued his statement. Her eyes softening as he continued on. She’d never had anyone outside of her family care about her before. Sure she had had people who pretended to care about her, but never before had she have someone who legitimately cared about her. It caused a slight blush to bloom across her cheeks. She rolled over on to her side so she could face Justin, making sure to be careful of her back. Placing a delicate hand on his, she gave it a tight squeeze to help reassure him and placed her cheek on top of their joined hands. ”My head knows I’m not as tough as I think I am. Even with my new abilities. But my conscience makes it hard to listen to my head.” She paused when as she figured the best way to help reassure him about the captain. ”I know. It’s the last thing I want as well. And if I had known it was him who was part of the patrol, then I would’ve run the opposite way. I can’t promise that he and I won’t bump into each other. I can promise that I won’t confront him first and that I’ll try to get away from him.”

Turning her attention to the tin that held the golden crunchy cracker of honey tasting goodness, Sawyer raised her eyes up so she could look into Justin’s ”Wanna go halfsies?” she asked, cracking a small smile to help lighten the mood. She knew that this conversation wasn’t over yet, but she wanted to focus on something else.

Location: Barrack 1 + Company: Justin + Doing: Talking to Justin
Chocolate Goo
User Image
ustin xx ℰ. xx Sans
"Nemo"

Sawyer's promise was probably a good as its gonna get. A part of Justin didn't care about secrecy so much, they were stronger then them now. Justin was tempted to seek out the captain himself and watch as the freak accidents take hold around him. Water issues were fairly commonplace around here, so what'd be suspicious about a couple broken pipes? Justin pushed the thoughts aside. He needed to listen to his own advice about protecting the group, practicing what he can do until the time came to protect himself or Sawyer. Cause right now, just the two of them, the world seemed like such a good place.

Justin smiled and gave her a quick nod before using his free hand to break himself a quarter of the cracker. "You keep the bigger part, I'm sure someone will believe this story I have about the midnight vigilante kicking butt and taking names over in Utopia..." He gave her a grin "but no one will believe that she blushed!" He gave her hand a small squeeze. "The biggest bad a** around here and she blushed after I let her know that I'll take care of her." He chuckled lightly, spinning the cracker in his fingers. "Don't worry hon, your secret is safe with lil' ole Justin."

STATUS
    Location - Barracks 1
    Company - Sawyer

Lil_Pink_Overlord

Professional Gatekeeper

(Temporary character!)

User Image

Near the barracks. By himself Having a smoke.

x x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x x xx x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x

''.. And that’s why I think he’s so unconventional.''
                                          Jean nodded, understandably, to the fellow superior – Karl - he was speaking to. They had
                                          for the past ten minutes briefly been discussing yet another superior, who for many reasons
                                          seemed to constantly get on everyone’s nerves; mostly because he was extremely open with
                                          his love towards collecting buttons. He had an odd habit of stroking the buttons on other
                                          peoples’ clothing, something that was incredibly hard to get used to. ''I completely agree with
                                          you.''
                                          The blonde said reassuringly, earning a smile from his comrade. ''Just one thing.'' He
                                          leaned in slightly, and with a ponderous expression lowered his voice.

''What does inconventional mean?'' ''Unconventional.'' ''That’s what I said, non?''

The fellow guard sighed and shook his head, and left Jean hanging whilst turning around. He
                                          was used to not getting his questions answered, but this time the tall male couldn’t help but
                                          give his friend a pat on the shoulder in a try to get him to answer. Sadly for him, though, the
                                          others were just as used to not giving answers to his questions. Jean, as you might have
                                          guessed, wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed - never had been - but what he lacked in brains
                                          he made up in heart. ''Fine, be that way.''

He shrugged and took a quick look over the courtyard, as they called it, to see if there was
                                          anything to tend to. There wasn’t, of course; the only people around were Karl and him.
                                          ''I’m going to go for an stroll. Au revoir.'' ''A stroll.'' ''That’s what I said!''

User Image

Jean had been walking around the area for quite some time, kicking an empty can along for
                                          company, until he finally came to a stop by a droopy tree near the student barracks. As one of
                                          the superiors he wasn’t supposed to be wandering the students’ quarters alone, guards always
                                          travelled in pairs, but it was seldom that they actually followed the rules. The factory faction was
                                          one of the places where most just didn’t care, for laws nor rules. The blonde brought a hand up
                                          to his head and gave himself a good scratch before slumping down on the damp ground below
                                          the tree. There wasn’t much to call nature around the institute, or the entire faction for that
                                          matter, so he usually took each chance he had to admire the early sprouts which clung to the
                                          branches. In another time, another world, he might have had a chance to be a gardener.

Without taking his eyes from the sprouts, Jean pulled out a pack of cigarettes to treat himself a
                                          smoke. All these years, and the world had still not rid itself of the self-destructive pleasures.

The blonde let out an amused chuckle at the thought before leaving it behind; he wasn’t one to
                                          dwell on things that had been or never would be. He put the cigarette in his mouth, lit it, and
                                          leaned back before breathing in the smooth smoke. ''Il est tout bon.. Il est tout bon.'' The male
                                          closed his eyes, taking turns on bringing the cigarette to his lips and tapping the ashes on the
                                          ground below.

x x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x x xx x x xx x x x x xx x x x x x x x
c

Melodious Phantom

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

E r i k Gray

Where ; Outside
With ; Jun, Emma, Gala
Thinking ;
OOC ;

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

User Image

When Gala demonstrated her power, Erik let a grin spread on his face, though it was a rather feral thing. It hit him that powers like these. . .they were destructive. Would all of them be? No, likely not. But some were, and they could be useful. He could use those powers to get off this rock they called a district, their words would have power because of what they could do, and then he would finally be able to start making some changes. He had plenty in mind, but before he could know his plan for sure he would have to go there. Utopia. There were three leaders, he could deal with three people. He didn't want to have to control them with his power, they would accept him and then there would be four. He would show them what their districts were doing to people. And then there would be change, and he would be where he was supposed to be. Of course, now that there were so many others with these powers, he would have to start making exceptions to his plan. They couldn't all be leaders, but why not advisors of some sort. Assign them to the districts, ambassadors of a kind. . .the ideas were endless. He made the grin fade, he hoped these people would understand.

"I hope you are thinking of what this might mean for us, what we can do now. If you haven't, you should. . .even you, Jun, but don't hurt yourself." he quipped. Keep it down to earth, keep it something that was real. He would be a leader where he could be, and these people needed to stick together. Gala looked tired, and none too pleased. Of course, there would be those who wouldn't be happy with their powers, that was only natural. He himself thought fire was an awful useful power to have. "I think you should practice with that, Gala. You too, Emma and Jun, and I will as well. We don't want any accidents happening." he suggested. Remembering that guy who had just dissapeared he thought of the other barrack.

"Right now, though, I think we should talk to the other Barrack. I've seen strange things happening over there too. Shall we?" he asked, and looked around to make sure everyone was consenting. "Alright." he looked to Jun, and an idea popped into his head. "You haven't seen my power, have you? See if you can guess." he said with another grin. "Jun, I want you to run into that barrack and hug the first person you see really tightly." he ordered, and waited for the chaos, following behind at a safe distance.

Feril Arrow
KLTC
Lorem Corpus

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out