Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Browser

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
User Image
                                                || Wasuayakashi ||
                                                || Yokai King || Genesis Blood ||
                                                || Music: ||

Accepting the katana, he eyed the leather sheaths and its decorations before sliding them into his belt. Once he had both secured comfortably on each side of his hips, he brought his attention to Kyogami who was trying to purchase an artifact of some kind. The king; however, was more interested in the little merchant who was tearing up from his presence. "Yes, I'm sure they will. But what about you?" he asked. "I'm seeking a few servants for the time being who can assist me. Kyogami has been very helpful thus far and has yet to disappoint me." He looked to the dragon yokai, giving her a nod of approval. The metallic village might have still held him prisoner had she not come along. With this yokai by his side, he felt he could make use of her lanterns to keep an eye out for the enemy. Not to mention, he noticed she was a lot older than Kyogami. One look into her eyes told him this and that her wisdom of this world would also be of great asset.

|| Location: Edo Junk ||
                                                ||Company: Kyogami, Yokai Merchant ||

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
                                                littleanimefreak6
                                                partydude11
                                                Quote:

Quotable Poster

User Image

User Image
                                        "look in my eyes..."xxx"...what do you see?..."xxx"...a cult of personality
                                        ▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰xx
                                              ♚* █ . . . ( Brunhilda. ) −− ◜ von GuggenheimThe Black Queen

Location: restaurant With: Patrisha Outfit/Equipment: school girl uniform Size: 5'10 145lb OOC:

Brunhilda smiled seeing the girl bashfully look away and reluctantly accept her offer to pay for her meal. "still got it" she thought cheekily. One probably wouldn't think it just from looking at her, but the shy, maidenly girls were actually her type, so meeting up with Patrisha really did brighten up her day considerably.

However when Trish mentioned also receiving a strange letter a shocked look came to Brunhilda's face. "ah no way!" she said excitedly, reaching into her bag and pulling out her own copy of the letter. "you mean this letter? Talking about fulfilling your destiny and junk?" she asked excitedly. "oh wow this really must be fate after all huh?" she said with an amused chuckle as she sat back in her chair. "well the letter didn't mention anything about getting to meet cute fräuleins. I would have packed my bags that much faster if I had known" she said, shooting the girl another playful wink as she sipped on her glass of water the waiter had brung out.

"yeah I'm on break from school right now, so I figured, hey free trip, why not. I've always wanted to travel somewhere, though I didn't really account for how bad I was at Japanese" she said with a chuckle, bonking herself lightly on the head for not planning ahead "oh, so you have roots here huh? That's cool, I guess that makes the trip extra special...yeah my family just so happens to have roots in America...well...not the kind you'd want to revisit though..." she said a bit awkwardly, figuring the girl would probably get the hint without having to explain it further.

When their food finally arrived Brunhilda tore in like a woman possessed "oh man the food here is great isn't it? wait, what was that thing you're supposed to say before eating? Idatakimasso or somethin (Itadakimasu)" she declared, popping a tempura shrimp into her mouth. As she ate she glanced up at Trish and noticed her pull her hood down, finally revealing herself in her full glory. It seemed the flashes of white she noticed before weren't just highlights, her whole head was snow white from top to bottom. "watcha apologizing for? ya look great!" she said with an earnest smile.

Glancing around she noticed all the people gasping and whispering, but really didn't pay them any mind. "oh these people, don't pay them any mind. I don't think Japan is a very diverse place in general. Besides it's just hair, and I think it suits ya just fine" she said, returning her smile as if there wasn't anything wrong, since there really wasn't. "I mean heck you think your hair's weird, try being the only black kid in your entire school all yer life, heck probably the whole city. My nick name back home is "Black Queen" for god sakes...not the most original I know" she said with a chuckle. "but watcha gonna do? Hiding it won't make it go away. Besides it just makes you look that much more unique" she said reaching up and gently brushing aside a messy strand of hair from the girl's face. "I mean if you thought I was hitting on you before, I'm definitely not gonna stop till I'm in your pants now" she teased bluntly, sticking her tongue out at the girl playfully, though not at all joking.

"speaking of which, you guys serve beer here! I'm parched" she asked the waiter, not wasting any time getting a party going. If everyone wanted to look at them like they were strange she may as well give them a reason. Plus by Patrisha's admission she was 18, so they were both old enough to get a little drunk together. Little did she know the legal age in Japan is 20, unlike Germany where it was 16 "what? what do you mean you don't serve to minors, do we look like minors to you? My friend's so old she's already gone grey, right Trish?" she asked, giving her a sly wink, hoping she'd play along.

Italics- thinking
                                        -- Orange- speaking Japanese -- Black- speaking German -- Red- speaking English

Lovewitch101

Nagasaki-1324's Husbando

Interstellar Bard

13,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image
Junko Edo

Servant of Wasuayakashi

"The world will fall under my gaze, its secrets revealed!"

-‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’-

Junko looked to the other yokai, a little annoyed at her interruption. Did she really think it was appropriate to be doing shopping of all things at this moment? Their master had returned! Sighing, she turned her attention back to her master, smiling as she did. "Of course my master. I would be simply honored to serve you... and I hope you will enjoy my welcoming gift."

She gave a wave of her hand and all of the lamps lit up at once, illuminating the entire store with their combined light. This revealed the many many antiques strewn about. Each and every one looked like they had been long abandoned with little up keep in the mean time. She took the pendant from the dragon yokai's hand and held it up.

Almost as if on a signal, each and every item gave the same sort of resonance of energy as the pendant. "Soldiers for you, my lord. All so old, all filled with anger of the humans that abandoned them.. all simply in need of but a small push from my lantern." She grinned at her master as she set down the pendant. "So no, it is not for sale. What need would I have for money?"

Where? "Edo Junk" an antique store.
With who? Wasuayakashi, Kyogami
Doing what? Being joyous.
OOC

Friendly Vampire

12,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kyogami Ryu

Servant of the Wasuayakashi

❝I will follow my duty and anyone who dares to stop me from this will feel my blade.❞

User Image

Kyogami looked at her master as he placed the the sheathed katanas into his belt and noticed how he looked at them before placing them in his belt. She then heard him address their fellow yokai saying how he was seeking servants and blushed slightly as she heard him compliment her about how she had been doing a good job. She then saw the yokai accept and also saw the look of annoyance with her asking about buying the pendant. She heard her say how she had a welcome gift for their master and saw her wave her hand. She then saw all the lamps glow and then saw her take the pendent from her hands. She watched it glow and saw all the items glow. She was amazed at the sight and then heard how they were all soldiers ready to serve and fight. She then heard their comrade address her about the pendant and nodded in understanding. She looked at her master and wondered how he would react.

User Image

User Image

partydude11
Junko Edo

Youko Kenshi
Wasuayakashi

Devoted Browser

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
                                                || Wasuayakashi ||

Pleased to hear his new servant eager to serve, he was even more so at her welcoming gift. Her multiple lanterns lit the store up and revealed many antiques that resonated with the same energy as the pendant that Kyogami wanted. That energy...they were all tsukumogami, waiting to come to life and serve him. The act brought a smirk to his face as he looked around but that smirk soon faded. There was something he felt he should get off his chest. "In my absence, you all had to deal with the humans alone. For that...I apologize. But it will not happen again" he told them. No matter what, being imprisoned would never happen to him again. Which is why he wished to eliminate every monk he could. But he was still adjusting to this vessel and, while he had soldiers, it didn't seem like it would be enough to attack the temple with. If it came to it, he might have to make more yokai to add to the force but for that he also needed time. Looking to his newest servant, he smirked yet again. "To whom do I thank for my soldiers?"

||Company: Kyogami, Yokai Merchant ||

littleanimefreak6
                                                partydude11
                                                Quote:

Wealthy Businesswoman

User Image
User Image
User Image

I am the rain transformed. I am more than light, and speed. I am deafening, but silent. I am quicker than most. I am louder than most. I am brightest, when I arrive. I move from ground to sky, from sky to ground, and even between the clouds.

Ayane stood outside the hall until another monk came up to her. "Are you lost miss?" he asked her politely. She looked him over, and saw he was wearing a common gi. "I'm Ayane Tomoe. I received this letter in the mail from a grand master Kazuhiko," she told him fumbling around in her purse. She finally pulled the letter from her bag and handed it over to the monk. He took the letter, and after glancing at it briefly smiled. "Right this way miss. I will take those bags to your room while you change into one of these," he said showing her a bunch of gi laid out for her to choose from. She noticed there were two of every kind one male and one female. How strange, she thought to herself, and grabbed a yellow set for herself.

After changing quickly, or as quick as she could seeing as she had never worn a gi before, she stepped out of the changing room, and the monk was there, but her bags were gone. "Where are my bags?" she asked him looking around. "I had them taken to you room miss," he told her making a few slight changes to her gi to make it fit right. "Now if you would follow me I will take you to where the others are waiting," he told her, and motioned her to follow. "O-others?" she asked trying to keep up with the monk. "Yes there are others waiting for your arrival in the Meditation Hall, and that is all I can tell you," he said, and was silent the rest of the time.

Ayane was puzzled. She didn't know there would be others here that had received the same invitation. are they rival or allies, she didn't know. Before to long, they arrived in from of a sliding door, and the monk ushered her inside. There were several others all around her, each wearing a gi of their own. Being as nervous as she was she hesitated to take a seat, and decided to find a seat in the corner where she could better asses the whole room.

I am in your veins, orbiting your atoms, making your thoughts. I am jagged, and beautiful.
I am love, and death. I am the rain transformed.

Comp α ɴ y: Kaji, Kazuhiko, Zahur, Rukia, Kushala, and Mirai
Actions: Sitting
Mood: Shaky
OOC: Hope this is better

User Image

littleanimefreak6
Rhino Sensei
Youko Kenshi
Cat-Face14
pdragon619
Lovewitch101
Angelic Cheetah

Bashful Friend

4,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘
│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│Patrisha Walters│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│ⱡ│
>> Monk in training<<XXXXX>>Yososoryo Darkness Monk <<
❝I will always stand fast.❞

Darkness of night is my peace.
I have always wanted to be one with night.
We can not exist without the light and darkness.
The night will always be my friend when no one else will be.

Trish could see that the shock of this all was a bit for the other girl as she even pulled out the letter. She took it for a moment and scanned over it and nodded. It was the same as hers just a few differences. "Yes, I have gotten the same letter. I guess that there must be something really big going on if you, I, and who knows else got this letter to come here. I guess if people believe in destiny it could be called it.... but I don't." she said with a slight smile and gave it back to Hilda. She could tell that this young woman in front of her was flirting with her, but it didn't bother her much since she didn't really know much about falling in love or anything. Trish couldn't help but give a slight chuckle from when Hilda said about meeting cute girls. "Well you might just meet more then just me here, Hilda."

She looked at this girl and listened some more of what she was saying and smiled as she was eating and thinking on how to respond. Most of them she just gave slight sounds here and there. When it came to the part about her history she stopped and looked down a little knowing exactly what she meant by it and gave a nod. She wasn't going to bring that type of time up any more then this so she just left it alone at that point. It wasn't till she was trying to say the word for before food she gave a slight laugh and shook her head. "You were close. It is Itadakimasu. I-ta-da-ki-ma-su. However, that was very good. If you would like I can help you out a bit with it at some point." Trish offered as she found herself blushing more from when she said that she looked great even with her strange look.

She looked at her for some time as she was talking about how she was different in Germany and what they called her. Trish could feel her cheeks grow even hotter as Hilda was being playful with her and said her last peace on it. She couldn't help but to gasp a little feeling embarrassed about it all. She couldn't think at all for a time as she covered her face with her light hands trying to calm her nerves. Where had that come from? Was this girl really serious? She didn't know for sure, but this was defiantly new to her as she was never played with like this in her life. It was something new to be sure. It wasn't till Hilda was being told that she couldn't get a beer because she was a minor that she snapped out of it long enough to look up at her with a slightly confused look. "Wait... what? Oh.... um ya, right." Her words seemed as flustered as she was so it made her sound a bit older as well. Blinking still confused and everything she hadn't realized that before Hilda had moved some of her hair till it fell back into her face.

┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘┌┐└┘

With: Brunhilda
Mood: Flustered
OOC: smile

pdragon619

Unbeatable Wolf

●●●●● I am the+[ Head Monk & Grand Master.]+++++++++++++++++++Kazuhiko Ryuutona
●●●●●●●●●●●●● I will show you what you can do. You ready to challenge yourself, students.
User Image

X
                                                    X
                                                    X

Kazuhiko finished his tea and set it down next to him. He looked at the group that have arrived. He figured he would get them started. He cleared his throat to get their attention to him. It was not hard as he was seven foot tall brick of muscle. He looked at them and smiled at them. "I would like to thank you for coming. I am Grand Master Kazuhiko Ryuutona. I am the Head Monk here and keeper of its secrets for the last fifty years. I am 104 if you are wondering. Most people just call me, Elder. You can call me that is you want." said Kazuhiko. "This is Master Kushala Lhasa. You can call her want she wants you to call her." said Kazuhiko with a little chuckle. His voice was deep and strong. "Before we start." said Kazuhiko. He hand a chat as he right out a yokai blocking scroll. "This will prevent unwanted eyes." said Kazuhiko. He looked at them and gave a soft smile. "I know you are curious of why you are here. I will get to that but first a history lesson. In the Edo era, Japan was ruled by yokai. The Human race were the slaves. The head yokai was called Wasuayakashi. One day a group of young monks who could control the elements. They rose and defeated Wasuayakashi and sealed him in a statue. Before being sealed he swore he would cloak the world in yokai and getting revenge on the human race," said Elder. As he spoke he pulled outa scroll from his robes. He had paints that detailed the history, "That moved the statue in a valley of the nearby mountains to hide him from his yokai servants. They created a temple around the statue to protect the statue, to destroy an yokai trying to get the statue or hurt the human race. For centuries, this temple has trained people to be monks to keep the world in balance." said Kazuhiko. "Sadly that day has come. He broke free. You seen the rumble on the ground outside." said Kazuhiko.

He stood up and started to stretch. "Now for why you are here. You see everyone has what they call Ki. Ki is energy that comes from one self. Some people has little some have a lot. With training Ki can grow, be controlled ,and used at one will. Some of us, like Me and to lesser Master Kushala Lhasa, have a higher than normal people." said Kazuhiko. It was a understatement that he had a higher ki that other. His ki level is one of the highest of all Grand Master in the history of the temple. "Before you think I am crazy just watch." said Kazuhiko as he finished stretching. The air in the room suddenly got heavy, Kazuhiko whole body started to glow. It suddenly surround his body in a silver energy sphere. He focus. The energy moved to his right fist. He went to the door and opened it. He pointed to the large boulder outside. "Watch this." said Kazuhiko He threw a right jab and released the energy. The energy shoot out of his fist like a cannon. It the hit the boulder, causing it to turn to dusk. "Well that was weaker than I thought. I was planning to just break a hole in it. Oh well. I will count it to old age. Wo ho ho." laughed Kazuhiko. That was not even a fraction of his true strength. He closed the door and looked at them.

"But you are different that any one person. Your ki is special. Your ki let you control the elements themselves. You see we can kill yokai with out ki energy, except for Wasuayakashi. So one people like you can destroy him and seal him once and for all. The gi you are wearing are mad from the robes of the last elemental monks, the Yososoryo. They will enhance you overall control and power. It will put you years a head in training."
                                                    said Kazuhiko
                                                    User Image

Comp α ɴ y: Master Lsaha, and some of the Yososoryo
                    Actions: teaching
                    Mood: Calm
                    OOC: .

Nagasaki-1324's Husbando

Interstellar Bard

13,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
User Image
Junko Edo

Servant of Wasuayakashi

-‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’- -‘๑’-

Junko watched her master as he observed his future soldiers. The sight of his smile disappearing and being replaced with an odd expression. She forced herself to remain still and resist her urge to bow before him as he apologized for his being sealed. She thought for a moment of the many things she had seen in her years, and the many souls, both yokai and human who had filled them for short times. She'd had desperate escapes, moments of living in even greater luxury than even under her king, of times of her battling for even one more day of life, and of the utter nuisance she had proved to be for the monks in the temple.

When he finally asked for her identity, she remembered another event. Her 'birth', her wandering about before almost getting run over by a bundle of horses, and finally her being given a name as she entered her king's service. She let out a soft sigh as she looked at him. "I suppose I should not be surprised. It has been four centuries since then, and I suppose you were more focused on freeing yourself."

She bowed to him politely, a soft smile on her face. "My name is Junko, as you yourself named me. I have picked two separate names as well to go along with it. Junko Edo, as on the sign, and Junko Wakahisa, as the humans around here know me." She had a slightly haughty smile on her face. "All a matter of necessity. You may call me whatever you wish, my lord. I have been your servant still for this long, and I will gladly serve you in the years to come."

OOC

Friendly Vampire

12,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Rukia Kisaragi

Yosororyo Water Monk

❝I will wash away my loved ones troubles.❞

User Image

Rukia watched silently as she saw three other females arrive and knew that they all would find out their destiny. She was very curious about what her destiny would be and knew that she would find out soon enough. She saw the female monk next to the giant grandmaster and figured that she was a master of the temple. She smiled and then saw the giant monk finish his tea. She then heard start to address them all by welcoming them and introducing himself as Grand Master Kazuhiko Ryuutona. She heard him continue by saying how he was the head monk and keeper of the secrets of the temple for the last 50 years. She was surprised to hear that he was 104 years old and also then heard him say to call him Elder. She listened as he introduced the female monk as Master Kushala Lhasa.

She then saw him brought out a scroll and heard him say how it would prevent unwanted eyes. She then heard him start to tell about the yokai king Wasuayakashi and how a group of young monks fought back using the elements. She heard how they defeated the yokai king and sealed him away. She then saw take a scroll of his robe which had the images depicting the history. She looked at it and then the Elder. She heard how they moved the statue containing the yokai king to the current location of the temple to protect it from the servants coming to free their king. She then heard him say how they built the temple and trained others to make sure that the yokai king stay sealed and then how the statue managed to break releasing the yokai king. She did remember seeing a broken statue and saw him get up. She watched as he stretched and then explain why they were there.

She heard him say how everyone has ki and with training can be controlled and used. She then saw stop stretching and show his power which amazed her. She then heard how their ki was special by letting them control the elements and how the elder is able to kill yokai expect the yokai king. She heard him say how they could defeat the yokai king and seal him away once again. She looked at her gi as he explained how they were from the last Yososoryo and how they helped to enhance their control and power. She then looked at him again and heard him say how it would out them years ahead in training. She found all she just learned quite interesting and wondered how the others would react.

User Image

User Image

User Image

Friendly Vampire

12,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kyogami Ryu

Servant of the Wasuayakashi

❝I will follow my duty and anyone who dares to stop me from this will feel my blade.❞

User Image

Kyogami looked at her master and saw the smirk that was on his face from the welcoming gift given by their new comrade and then saw it fade from his face. She wondered why and heard him apologize they all to deal with the humans after he was sealed. She was about to say something and heard him address their comrade. She heard him ask what her name was and then heard her response to his apology before introducing herself as Junko Edo or Junko Wakahisa as she was known to the humans. She knew that she had cast her old last name away that was given to her by her adoptive parents which was Kigahime once she had left home and taken into the Ryu clan. She brought herself back to the present and looked at her master. "The Ryu clan was able to hide away from the humans not long after and have remained vigilante for your return, Master. We knew that one day you would be free and would be ready no matter how long the wait. We are your willing servants." She said and waited for his response to both responses..

User Image

User Image

Youko Kenshi
Wasuayakashi

partydude11
Junko Edo

Devoted Browser

8,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Citizen 200
User Image
                                                || Wasuayakashi ||

Wasuayakashi paused when Junko claimed he was the one who named her. If that was the case, then it must have taken place around the time of the war with the monks. At the time, there was a lot going on so it would make sense if he forgot. But how could he forget about the yokai who sacrificed themselves in battle? Perhaps his imprisonment did affect his mind when his primary thoughts were escape and revenge. "I see... No, Junko is what I named you so its perfect" he told her. Though he had to admit, her surnames were quite clever and apropos. Kyogami informed him of the Ryu Clan's survival after him being sealed, which was another bit of good news. Despite his past failure, all of his yokai were ready and willing to serve. Kashi couldn't help but smirk again "Good. I thank you all for your loyalty...which is far more than could be said about the humans." And that said, it was about time to get serious and begin moving his plans forward. First, the temple he fled from, as well as its monks, had to be eradicated. "There's a temple that housed the statue from which I escaped. There's no doubt in my mind they'll be trying to alert others of my freedom and will attempt to come after me" he explained. It was only natural they would stop at nothing to prevent him from resuming control and he couldn't have that. "I'd like nothing more than storm in a kill them all...but I haven't fully adjusted to this vessel just yet. It would also be foolish to attack them without knowledge of their numbers and force." The way he looked at Junko, it seemed obvious what he wanted her to do. "With your lanterns, you could observe the enemy from afar. Can you do that now?" he asked before looking over at Kyogami. He had a task for her as well but in due time.

||Company: Kyogami and Junko ||

littleanimefreak6
                                                partydude11
                                                Quote:

Nagasaki-1324's Husbando

Interstellar Bard

13,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
User Image
Junko Edo

Servant of Wasuayakashi

Junko silently listened to her master as he spoke. She smiled a bit when he added that her name was perfect. As if it could be anything else when he was the one to choose it. The girl spoke up then about her clan, and Junko couldn't resist smirking. Her only prior experience with the Ryu clan had been the few times members had come near to try to free the king themselves. Not a one ever returned from their attempt.

As her master informed them of his plan, she found it impossible to remove her grin. "Long since taken care of my lord. I have watched the temple for four hundred years, waiting for your return. I apologize for not attempting to free you... but I learned quickly from watching them how well those monks can kill us lesser yokai." She glanced toward the girl and then her master.

Snapping her fingers, one of the lamps floated to her. Looking into it, she observed what she had missed due to all of her guests. "Five of their number have come. But... it is likely we will have a more direct route into the temple. Before you arrived, a foreigner came into the shop, and I gave her one of my lamps. In all likelyhood she is one of their number... and she will make them so easy to crush."

OOC

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items