Welcome to Gaia! ::

Forlorn Toaster's Husbando

Nuclear Powerhouse

User ImagehereUser ImageliesUser Image

ɩ s a . ɗ ɩ . ʘ ɾ c ѳthe heart and« . « . « the hope with which you take
( holder of air ) and hold aloft like a harbor's guiding light; sailing ships

User Image

hope we were the . ҡ ɩ ɴ ɢ s . and . ϙ υ ε ε ɴ s . of promise
                                        and don't let go we were the . Ѵ I Ͼ T I Ϻ S . of ourselves

██████████████ ██████████████ ██████████████

Misa slowed down slightly, noticing that Mordecai had to catch up with her. She kept at a light jog in order to keep up with his larger strides, feeling the papers and pencil box in the backpack she carried bouncing against her. The local high school's break was still going, but Misa's elementary school had started already, although she didn't have much work to do since she'd finished the majority of her meager homework in class. Passively, she wondered what she could find on the TV when she got home, not wanting to practice her powers too much today. Every time she did, she usually knocked something down, and so Miriam liked to be somewhere other than at the apartment whenever Misa felt like practicing.

"...Yeah. Misa's never seen anyone else do what she can. I can make myself run even faster, but Misa's classmates think it's weird." That was sort of an understatement - some kid actually called her a witch and then proceeded to throw his juice box at her, which she redirected back at him. Deeming Mordecai trustworthy enough to make a not-so-subtle reference to her powers, she looked up expectantly at him. "Being different is cool! That's what Miriam says. ...You can't make air move, can you, big brother? Miriam doesn't know why I can."

maybe the . c ɦ ɩ ℓ ɗ ɾ ε ɴ . of a lesser . ɢ ѳ ɗ hope
between . H Σ Λ V Σ N . and . H Ξ L L don'tlookback

Adorable Bloodsucker

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxeis " aki kamii "
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxɢᴜᴀʀᴅɪᴀɴ ᴏғ ᴀɪʀ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴜsᴛ ᴏʀ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏʟᴅ
xxx____________________________________________

Eis unlocked the passenger side door, letting Alice into the car, before answering her question. "She's really cute and sweet! And surprisingly tough for an 8-year-old girl." Eis doted on Misa almost as thought she were his own younger sister, though tried not to be so damn obtuse about it. Except it was extremely obvious by his goofy smile and excited tone of voice. Judging by the sudden humidity, Alice must have been excited as well.

If Eis remembered correctly, his holder should be... back home by now? Almost definitely back home anyway, assuming her sister had been able to pick her up. So he should probably just head straight for their house. Eis had already introduced himself to both Misa and her older sister, and tried to drop by every few days or so, usually with some snacks or a gift. He had yet to explain the whole "Oh yeah, you have dominion over the air and I was the one who gave it to you" part though. He wasn't sure if he even should, to be honest. When Eis was forced to give most of his power to a holder, he had not expected it to go to someone so young, and felt obligated to protect Misa from the threat that forced the occurrence. "She doesn't know about the whole holder business though. I mean, she's eight. That's like, still a kid!"

Within minutes, Eis had driven to Misa's house, only to find it dark and empty. "Hm. I thought they'd be home by now. Maybe Miriam's late?"

ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴍᴇ, ғᴏʀ ᴄᴇɴᴛᴜʀɪᴇsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

┌─────────────────────────────┐
ᴀɴᴅ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ
ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴡᴀs ᴏɴʟʏ ʙᴏʀɴ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs
ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, ᴀs ʟᴏɴɢ ᴀs ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ʟɪɢʜᴛ,
ᴍʏ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ's ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsɪᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴀᴍɴᴇsɪᴀ
ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴇʀʀʏ ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ
ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ
ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ sᴏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ sᴏ sᴏᴏɴ

└─────────────────────────────┘

Lonely Cultist

User Image

Holder x of x Darkness

xxII~ Leo ~

User Image

x
                                                                x
                                                                x

“I don’t care what they think of me.” Her words rang true, to an extent. Whether it be because he used magic, or because he used dark magic-- people still judged him. It was all so black and white. He was always either the hero, or a monster. Never had he just been called a kid. Not since he’d gotten his powers. Still, he didn’t care what people thought about him. Those who called him a monster were probably just scared. He could easily turn on those who were normal, and kill them single handedly. That was always a possibility, and he could understand how people might be afraid. There was also a possibility that they were jealous. Why did such a young, naive kid get a power like that, when a wise adult could have handled the power much better? That was a question he could not answer. Apparently, the world should simply turn to Vargas, and ask him. His guardian chose him, specifically, out of the entire world. That had to mean something.

“I... I catch criminals because I want to help people, not because I enjoy the challenge.” He wasn’t lying, however, there were times where he became a bit proud of himself after catching a criminal. But that was only because he was glad to have gotten rid of a threat to the innocents of the city! He paused, wondering if maybe she was right. Did he catch criminals the way he did for publicity? For the sheer joy he got out of it? The red-head snapped out of his thoughts. There was no way he did it for himself. Just hours before, he had given money to a man who had none of his own to provide his family with food. What could he have possibly won from that, aside from the joy of having helped someone? His intentions were good.

Leo flinched back at seeing her swing at him. If she really intended on fighting him, he was defenseless. He was obligated to protect Tamsin, and it wasn’t like he could teleport her back home. His powers hadn’t fully returned to him yet. It seemed to him that NoVERous used some kind of temporary seal on his powers. He could slowly feel them returning back to him. But he hadn’t enough energy to teleport all the way back to the city, yet.

The more she spoke, the more he became sure she was going to kill him, torture him, even. His body shook, but immediately froze up again as she approached him once more, grabbing his wrist. What was rightfully hers, what they took from her…? He knew not what she meant by that, but he was sure she was just trying to trick him, possibly even convince him to give up his powers to her.

His heart raced at hearing her offer. Join her? A murderer?

If he were to decline her offer, he'd most likely be killed. If he were to accept her offer to momentarily trick her, she'd know eventually, and hunt him down. He could only hope that telling the truth might make her feel merciful. "Sorry..." He started off-- a part of him believing that an apology could change the outcome of all of this. "I just... I can't accept help from a murderer."

FloralxAngel's Husband

Lionheart

Your hot whiskey eyes -➷All the friends that I've ever known
Have fanned the flames

Are the streetlamps I follow home

User Image

MORDECAI nozik

Mordecai looked down at the concrete. Feeling like he was burning holes into the ground at their feet. His red sneakers strolled beside smaller feet. Misa’s faster pace matching his bigger steps.

He doesn’t he doesn’t have a lot of memories from when he was a kid, but he knows that his good memories were with his parents. Looking at Misa, he wondered when he grew up, when the world grew up. The world changed from when was little, a lot. But he realized that some things just haven’t.

He always wondered why there were those who had to exclude those who were different, had to point it out. Make the innocent look like a freak-- a monster. He never understood that. Maybe it was because he was always on the side of the “freak”. He never really had any friends, but then again, he was a huge danger towards others. So often he tried to avoid them, but there was something about Misa that made him feel more comfort around her. It was sad to hear that others didn’t agree.

Make herself go faster? He took his gaze away from the ground and watched Misa carefully. He wasn’t too sure, what she meant by making air move, but he an idea grew in his mind.
I can’t move air, but fire- No stop it. That’s not what she meant. He pushed the thought out of his mind.

Averting his gaze, he stared back at their feet. He was probably just misunderstanding what she meant, surely. He let what she told him really sink into him before responding.
“Wha- wait. Brother? I um, I’m not- Nevermind. But uh, what do you mean by moving air?”

Maybe I’ll burn-And I'm in the crowd-a little brighter tonight
Let the fire breathe me
but I'm all alone➹Back to life
User ImageUser Image

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

She was the slightest bit amused by Mordecai's confusion at her nickname for him - it was her nickname for anyone older than her, honestly. It was an endearing habit that no one had the heart to correct, not that they ever minded too much. Plus, it was cute, so she'd likely be stuck saying it until she was older. "Misa calls everyone 'big brother' or 'big sis'. They like it, so..." She gave another small frown, trying to form an actual reason. Failing that, she just let out a laugh, unsure if she'd made any sense at all.

"Like...mooove air!" She swung her arms around, attempting to gesture what she meant. After a few moments, she stopped walking, closing her eyes and concentrating for a moment. Pressure gathered in the pit of her stomach, which was normal for her when she tried to group air together. She used the collected air to form a small ball, placing it below her feet and letting it grow. Slowly, she rose at least a foot off of the ground, opening her eyes and letting out a small noise of happiness as she realized this was the farthest she'd managed so far. "Like this! And then...I can do this!" She willed the air behind her, and shot forward a few feet, a gust of wind following immediately after her. Misa dropped carefully to the ground, suddenly aware that she'd gotten just a bit too caught up in demonstrating. "Can you...can you do anything like that?" There was the smallest hint of fear in her voice, hoping she had scared him.

FloralxAngel's Husband

Lionheart

Have fanned the flames

User Image

MORDECAI nozik

Mordecai was bit confused with her explanation but he accepted it anyway. She seemed unsure herself. He just shrugged it off.

Mordecai watched while Misa moved her arms around. His walking came to an abrupt stop trying to stay beside her. The groceries nearly dropped from his hands, when she lifted off the ground. He was amazed.
She is flying! His jaw dropped to the ground. Okay, more like hovering, but still! It reminded him of watching cartoons about superheroes that were flying and saving the day. He had dreamt of being that; instead of burning things, accidentally hurting people.

She wasn’t too high off the ground, but there was no mistaking it. It wasn’t some magic trick, some prank. It was real. She really could ‘move air’. Misa suddenly rocketed forward sending out a huge gust of wind that pushed Mordecai back a bit, nearly sending him to the ground. His hair pushed back away from his face. Becoming wild and sticking up unnaturally in places. He stared as she gracefully landed back onto the ground. Misa looked at him looking the tiniest bit scared, asking him a question. But Mordecai was just dumbfounded.

“Uh well I- I..” He started. He wasn’t quite sure what to tell her. Do I tell her the truth? What if she wants me to show her? He didn’t want to hurt her using his powers. It’s been so long since he’s even tried using them. One of the only times he actually tried; he, instead of lighting a campfire, he caught a boy’s pants on fire. Though because of the lost his father, he hasn’t really used them much.

“I can- I can’t uh move air,” Mordecai hesitated, ”but I um can control fire.”

Let the fire breathe me
User ImageUser Image

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

Her eyes grew wide as he admitted he had powers as well - and over fire, which was infinitely more dangerous than her controlling of air. "Really?! ...Mordecai must be really brave. Fire is warm and nice, but it's also kinda scary. Is it hard to use it?" Misa was genuinely interested, especially since he'd had the generosity to offer to walk her home despite not even knowing her. She wondered if there were more people like them; air and fire weren't the only elements, after all. The girl started to walk again, heading down the street like nothing had happened, but with a new skip in her step. Now she really wanted to have Miriam meet Mordecai.

As they neared her house, she spotted a familiar purple striped car. "That's not Miriam...wait, I know who it is!" She sped up and ran towards it, too excited to check behind her to see if Mordecai was keeping up. "Isa! It's you, isn't it?" Eis was probably one of the few guardians that had given his real name to his holder, not that she knew, but Misa could never remember his name for the life of her, despite it only being one syllable. At some point she'd started using her own name minus the first letter, and it stuck in her mind more easily than 'Eis'. Misa jumped up and down next to the car in an attempt to peer into the driver's side window, spotting Alice as she did. "Is that your girlfriend?" She squeaked almost accusingly, with all the bluntness of a small child.

«I J u s t W a n n a H a v e F u n»

User Image

As soon as the door was unlocked Alice allowed herself to slip in the car. She gave the seat a little bounce with her butt. She thought about putting her seat-belt on but she decided that it would stop her from being able to hang out the window like she liked to do whenever riding in a car, which was very rare for her. She preferred walking places and letting the slight moisture in the air soothe her skin.

When she heard the age of Eis' holder, she was taken aback. 8 years old? That's... That's... JUST TOO FREAKING CUTE! She squealed with excitement. "I'm totally stealing her from you. I'll have two holders. I can totally teach her about getting breezy! What is air, but the water of the sky?" She was just kidding, of course, as was apparent by the cheeky grin on her face, but maybe she would want to borrow her.

But then she thought of the way that powers manifested themselves. She wished it was through nice means, like a giant party and they get magically bestowed upon you, but it wasn't so. Usually, it came through hardship. Some kind of struggle. Well, usually. She hoped it was different for someone so young.

Alice saw the house, but it looked eerily quiet for supposedly having people in it. It was late, but not too terribly late. Her thoughts were mirrored slightly by Eis when he commented on how some girl named Miriam wasn't home. She shrugged, not really sure what to do. She was content on waiting for whoever was supposed to be there when she heard a small voice, high pitched and belonging to that of a child. "Isa! It's you, isn't it?"

Alice snickered at the adorable pronouncement of Eis' name. That must be his holder. But who's the guy with him. Unless... Maybe his name is Miriam! She laughed a little at that, but it turned into a full on uncontrollable guffaw as the next question left her lips about Alice being Eis' girlfriend.

At least, it did at first. Then she had an idea form in her mind while a devious smirk formed onto her face.

"I certainly am!" She took ahold of Eis' arm, since they were both still in the car. "And you must be the cutey trying to steal him away from me. I think I wouldn't mind it if you took him away every so often." She let go of Eis and stepped out of the car. "My name is Alice Hime. You can call me Alice. Or princess! Whichever works for you."

She gave a smile and a small handwave at the small girl and her companion.

"And what should I call you two?"

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

FloralxAngel's Husband

Lionheart

Have fanned the flames

User Image

MORDECAI nozik

Mordecai rubbed his neck with his free hand trying to come up with a response to Misa’s question. If he were to be honest, he was terrified. He’s been living the past years with total fear of his powers. He had very little control overs his powers. He’s hurt too many people to be comfortable even think about using them.

His thoughts travelled to his dad. The most terrible things in his life has been because of his powers.
Everything would be different if I wasn’t cursed with these powers. Life would be normal, dad would be alive. Mordecai felt tears build up in his eyes. Quickly blinking them away, he opened his mouth to answer Misa but her attention was now elsewhere. When he looked at her she bolted straight towards the purple car.

For a few moments, Mordecai slowed his pace. Unsure of what to do. Maybe he should just go home, Misa’s at home finally and there’s other people with her. He wasn’t needed anymore. But he hesitated, it wouldn’t feel right. He sighed and jogged up to catch up with her.

Mordecai stopped a few feet behind Misa. He felt eyes on him when he got to the car. It made him feel unsettled, but he just stared at his feet. He listened to the conversation between them, not having anything really to contribute to it. Mordecai looked up when she waved, but he quickly looked away after a few moments.

“Mordecai. My uh name’s Mordecai.”

Let the fire breathe me
User ImageUser Image

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

Misa laughed as the girl grabbed Eis's arm, not quite noticing the shocked expression on his face. "Alice? ...Alice is a pretty name!" She squeaked, still hopping up and down. Eventually she started to get tired, and started sidestepping away from the car and towards Mordecai instead. "I'm Misa!" The little girl chirped, then tugged at the bottom of Mordecai's hoodie, as if to reassure him that she was still there. He seemed uncomfortable, and so she resolved to make him her hopefully celebrated aide. "Mordecai walked me home. He's nice!"

Misa glanced around, noting the absence of lights in her house. Where was her sister anyhow? She was bound to be back from work by now. "Hey, Isa, have you seen Miriam? I'm worried. She's never this late..."

Blessed Seeker

8,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                              • Studying, especially today, would be an extremely difficult task due to the large amount of chatter emitting from the T.V and the chilly breeze rolling in every so often. His right arm rested against his table bent at the intersection. His knuckles pressed against his colored cheek all the while his shallow, light blue colored eyes peeked outside. His brown pen shown just around the center of the golden trim under the provided charcoal colored lamp twirling slowly between his fingers. His poorly lit room was illuminated by that little lamp and the burning sun barely reflected through his crystal clear window revealing his dark blue carpet and lime green slippers lying within the square gate of the white reflecting light. His bright black hair moved along with today's cold air. Seth reached into his utility drawer compacted with random supplies and a dusty photo album which he hadn't opened in years. Pulling the black polyester ribbon to undo the light knot used to hold together the edges binding the book together. He grasped hold of his bang with his right hand, carefully wrapping the base, restricting any annoying visual interference.

The past few days were rough. Seth was behind in schoolwork due to his part-time job in the library for pocket money, also to supply his own food and clothing. His grades were slipping, and staying awake in classes were becoming more and more difficult by the day. He didn't exactly make a bad reputation for himself. However he didn't have a good one either. Other student's didn't notice him. And he didn't make an effort to make them. His social situation was frozen, as if every day was the first day of school. Although sometimes he longed for any form of verbal communication he couldn't bring himself to start a conversation with anyone. He hadn't the right, Determination, or time to do so. Seth had needed to expand his understanding of his current classes. However even with the diligence necessary to complete his short term goal, distractions can make even a simple task impossible to accomplish.

“Ugh, it’s no use! No matter how many times I go over this I can't seem to understand any of it! It's like reading a foreign language… I can't think straight".

Seth flopped backwards onto to black blanket with white trimming. His left hand rested against his forehead while his right was being preoccupied with fiddling with the string of his navy blue sweat pants. The boy clapped his hands together several times until the lamps surrounding the room’s interior flickered on one by one until the bland, white interior attempting to emulate the luscious colors focused from the T.V screen.

Seth was long passed the aggravated point and his own inconsistency was to blame, the irony left a metallic taste on the tip of his tongue, so strong, yet barely present. His clothing was felt restricting and he needed air, which is the reason he opened the window to begin with. The boy returned to the nigh stand, surveying the beautiful drifting clouds in the sky, so close yet so far. Obviously there wouldn’t be any progression at the moment. He took the day off from school to ensure that there wouldn’t be any distractions but in the end, he ended up being the worst distraction of all.

“Maybe I’ll take a walk, hopefully I’ll manage to help me isolate the primary problem. Or perhaps find a solid solution. Even if neither possibilities become a reality just a taking a break in general might be nice. I’ve been at it for hours, I think I deserve to spoil myself a little”

After a little convincing, he managed to talk himself into doing just that. He didn’t bother changing his clothes since, despite the occasional cold breeze, today was relatively humid so dressing in thin layers would minimize health issues. But he didn’t have a reason to travel in slippers, he just chose to. Within a few minutes he was out the door and roaming the city.

The sun’s rays intensified as time grew ever closer to the mid-day point; but that breeze made it hard to adapt to the heat. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to take off his shirt or put on a coat! This however, seemed unnoticed by the bristling civilians traveling to and from their destinations. Eventually he stumbled across a familiar shop with colorful vineyards or orchids which were obviously cared for regularly. Above the door hung a wooden bulletin board with various pictures of flowers crowding around a distinct style of letters spelling out the name of the establishment.

“…Gaia’s gift…”

The name rolled off the tongue and was fairly easy to remember. He’d been here a few times before, but never to buy anything. This place was nice spot to relax since it wasn’t a direct route to center city; not to mention the shop owner herself. Although he wouldn’t go as far as to call them friends, they conversed sometime if only to stall the pending boredom the overwhelmed them. She was a good source for advice, but sometimes rambled about her day but he didn’t mind since she usually was passionate and consistent. But the most relieving part of making a visit had to be the warm smile she never failed to deliver. Optimist were never favored by Seth, but he made a rare exception for her.

With a single motion he pulled his hand out of his pocket and opened the door triggering the wind chimes to ring. The sweet aroma of multiple types of flowers ambushed his senses in a positive way. The different shades of color complemented the decoration and as always, there she stood behind the counter wearing a plain green apron plagued by boredom.

“Well! You look like you’re having the time of your life right now. Slow day I take it? You should pick up a hobby like origami or something to pass the time”.

He decided to start the conversation today but he didn’t exactly know what to talk about. He didn’t know what she interested in, it’s best to assume they have nothing in common rather than strike a subject that’ll make thing awkward. He could push the conversations subject to her quirks, he was more of a listener anyways so talkative individuals were a blessing.

“Ever thought of closing up shop early and just enjoying the weather? It’s pretty nice out… kind of. Plus you should recharge your batteries from time to time. You don’t want to wear yourself down, it’s good to be diligent but don’t disregard your health in exchange. The shop will always be here when you get back. But feel free to ignore what I just said. I was just offering my opinion, that’s all”

Seth gently placed his hand beneath the violet pedal, he wasn’t a big flower fan; mostly due to the amount of labor it took to maintain their health. But seeing the result of someone’s dedication was… interesting… well, maybe not that interesting.

OCC: Hello everyone ;D

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
l Company: Shop Keeper l l Location: Gaia's Gift [Violets] l l Feeling: Neutral l

keirei

Sexy Kitty

19,040 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Streaker 200
  • Heckler 50
User Image

☆═━┈┈━═☆☆═━┈┈━═☆
Ketih Navarro
☆═━┈┈━═☆☆═━┈┈━═☆

♄The Guardian of Earth♄

⋙⋙⋙"The Earth has music."

♍Ketih groaned softly as she watched the clock ticking, she was bored out of her mind. There were just some days that the shop wasn't that exciting. She had already finished all the arrangements, flower orders were taken care off and the herbs were sorted and set out to dry. There was very little left for her to do. She debated on retreating to her green house out back, but the problem with that was there would be no one to watch the shop.

She heaved a soft sigh as she stood and stretched. It wouldn't be good if a customer saw her slouching and acting all dejected. A small ringing caught her attention as she smiled brightly towards the door.
"Peak of the devil.... Welcome!" she chirped as she spotted the black haired male and smiled wider.
"Seth! ah yea, not much happening here today. Orders are done and only a couple arrangements were needed" she said with a small blush at his observation of her apparent boredom.
"Origami?.....I tried that once....I just never get the folds right..." she said looking at her hands, puffing her cheeks a bit, before blinking at his words. She tilted her head a bit, before she smiled playfully.
"Seth.....it sounds suspiciously like your asking me out~" she teased laughing softly. She couldn't help bit tease the boy. He was one of her usual visitors, couldn't call him a customer, since he never bought anything.
"What brings you here? you never buy anything.....don't want a flower for a special someone?" she teased again grinning at him playfully.

He was pretty interesting to her. He would come to her shop pretty often, at least for someone who never bought anything. most times she would just ramble on about the most random things and he would just listen. It was very rare when he started a conversation, but when it happened she was more than pleased. She really did want to learn more about this human male, who it seemed wanted to just visit with her for no real reason. It was a curious thing for a guardian like herself. ♉

⋘⋘⋘"For those who listen."

Where I am: Gaia's Gifts (her flower shop)
What am I doing: thinking
Who I am with:alone
What I feel: calm and thoughtful
O.O.C: filler post

Sreal

Frozen Phantom

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image
Hanielaaaaaa
tab tab tab ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴇʀʟɪɴɢ
aaaaaa¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

tab A thin polished edge glinted with the ebbing light of day, reflecting the tense scene before them. Fierce eyes threatening treason, his answer was demanded by his whole presence. The light brought into the alley held it's ground and fought it's competitor for ground, even weary from pursuit it remained vigilant against the dark. The evil's of night shant win. His pale face, laced with the slightest bit of glittering sweat remained fixed on the people before him. Even after Vargas defended his situation, Haniel couldn't accept the unforgettable fact they were all weak, even his rival held true to his word when the decision was mad. They were each pitiable compared to their past ages of life, each and all of them, no matter how much he wanted to believe otherwise. He held his tongue, the fact of the matter vanquishing the rage for the moment.

tab Haniel eyed the evil before him, refusing to drop his battle stance, still clinging to the notion there was something a foot, his gut was never wrong on that matter. Weakened or not, this was a dark alley, Haniel had to spend his energy bringing in the light that took his shadow's place, and currently still fought for it's place among the dark. He was in his counterparts domain, as was his holder. Evil knew no bounds surely, death wasn't going to stop it. After mulling it over, the armored man finally broke the daggered glare he held, briefly, to glance at Tamsin. His charge was collapsed, that fact didn't change, but he did see a breath drawn, unhindered in the slightest even with her being outside of her element. His eyes moved from his charge to his counterpart then to his counterpart's charge as the boy weaved an answer. The tip of his blade still honed on Vargas, trembled slightly, as if deciding to whether to switch targets or not.

tab Haniel's eyes narrowed with the approach of this boy, his gaze unwelcoming even hostile, and seemed to dazzle just slightly more to repel the shadows that this boy was cursed with. When the boy spoke again, he felt the grip on his drawn blade tighten, his teeth clenched in fury, indignant of the slander.

tab Haniel's mind raced with words of harsh connotation. They were not the same. Not in the least. Other than the title of Guardian, that shadow was far from his similar. Darkness could spawn nothing more than suffering and terror where light stood. That's how it had always been, since time since past. Just before he could deliver those lashing words of truth, he nearly sprang back several paces. A shrill scream, or perhaps a shriek, resounded in the alley way. His blade immediately centered on the sky, eyes wide in surprise. He was tricked! A ploy! A distraction! Those ideas quickly permeated his thoughts as the huge feathered blur came down, another blood curdling screech echoing, and stole both Holders in a single swoop. He couldn't swing the mighty blade or grab the boy's feet even if he was fast enough to catch the treacherous terror, lest hurt his charge. Something of a hiss formed in his throat while he backed out of the alley to see the bird fly off. Even if he ran, catching a bird in the sky was a fool's run for the flightless, especially under the weight of armor and fatigue.

tab [I'll be editing around here and below for whatever Vargas would like to say/do between. : ) ]

tab Haniel felt a rush of his rage reignite through his stoic face, hastily the gleaming blade was put back to it sheath, frustration bubbling. His eyes flickered from the sky to his counterpart, then made a disgusted face. In his throat he felt words form, but he could not stomach to utter them even with such a severe situation. A truce was inevitable to recover those two, but avoiding such a thing was what he'd try anyway.

tab Haniel's voice resounded back into the alley, the ancient language again took his words, "I know not the web of deceit that you wove for that boy, the evils you've drowned him in. Nor how deeply those treasonous notions you've embedded unto his young thoughts. However I will have your head if this is your doing in the slightest, creature. Mark my words more so if my charge is harmed because of your tainted existence on this plane. I've protected that girl this long, I shant be felled by incompetence and distraction" His suit of gleaming sterling moved for the curb as he spoke. The strange steel beasts were very fast in this era, perhaps even more than his best horse had been. Surely one man would loan their roaring chariot for this rescue. His gilded boots clicked onto the asphalt of the street, before stopping nearly mid-way in the road where he awaited the lucky accomplice for this rescue of great importance. He didn't need any aide from that terrible being. He could fair just as well on his own, surely. Haniel now spoke in the English of today, "And now I shall rescue both children, from your poisons and that blasted sky terror."

Nuclear Powerhouse

boop
User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Imageicarus

fall------fallfall------falltakethefall Λ ℓ ε x ε ι . Ѵ a ɾ ɡ a sprometheus stole fire from the gods
guardian of darknessthey pushed me to the edge

ashesH Ξ Y . young . Ь ℓ ѳ ѳ d , doesn't it . ϝ ε ε ʅ
                                        to ashes; like our . ʈ ɩ ɱ ε . is . ʀ u n n ɩ n ɢ . out ?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
                                        "He's...an ally." Vargas managed through his clenched jaw, unwilling to refer to Haniel as anything more - he could've called him a few other choice words, but it was probably better not to seem antagonistic towards the other guardians, particularly in front of the holders. Leo's naivete was incredible, though understandable. He hadn't spent far too long barely begrudgingly getting along with his opposing element, after all. "You aren't-" He exhaled a short sigh, then corrected himself, "We aren't the same. The only reason I'm tolerating the walking Renaissance fair here is-"

Before he could finish his sentence, an enormous bird swooped out of sky, grabbing Leo, who had the common sense to hold onto Tamsin rather than drop her. For a moment Vargas stood there, incredibly confused, then he realized that there was really only one person - one thing - that could possibly do that, and that it had just swooped away with two holders. His immediate reaction was to curse. Loudly. In several different languages. With that out of his system, he cupped his hands over his mouth, hoping that his holder could hear him. "Leo! Hold on!"

He watched the bird fly towards a hill that he knew was on the outskirts of the city, and that was all he needed. "Put that thing down before you jab an eye out." He snapped, electing not to continue in the ancient language. It felt too formal for him, though he did like the feeling of his words weighing heavier when he spoke. But it was for important matters and negotiations, and he wasn't about to painstakingly weave together something for Haniel, especially when he was almost never so formal, and now that they were seriously pressed for time.

"Enough with the damn treachery already," Vargas snarled, attempting to sweep past Haniel, "Leo wasn't even aware that I was his guardian until just now - I was a history teacher, for gods' sake! What kind of ideas could I possibly put into his head?!" He'd reached his car by now, parked a bit away from the alley - unlike Eis's, it was simple and relatively unnoticeable, colored black and obviously a slightly older model. Vargas realized suddenly that Haniel was no longer near him, but rather, right in the middle of the goddamn road.

The light guardian had, for some reason, elected to stay stuck in feudal England mode while the rest of them adapted for the most part. Maybe it was the way a knighthood felt, or maybe it was just because he'd liked it there. Either way, he was more likely to get hit by a car rather than offered a ride, particularly since he had the idea that someone would willingly commandeer a car for him to look for two kids and a giant bird. I could find Leo and Tamsin without him, Vargas thought, climbing into his car, but that means I'd have to face NoVERous alone. One of us with our full powers might be able to do that, but right now... He wasn't dumb enough to think he had enough power by himself - he actually had to work with Haniel. This had never happened before - all too often they avoided each other, traveling to the opposite sides of the globe, fighting on opposite sides of wars. He would've been okay working with anyone else, but this was what he'd been thrown. None of the other guardians were nearby, and Leo and Tamsin were running out of time every second that they waited.

He hated this - gods, he hated this, so much. The circumstances, the fact that the loss of his powers had made him so disgustingly fragile as compared to before; he wanted nothing more than to cover everything in shadows and suffocate whatever was in it, so he no longer had to deal with anything. But that would defeat the purpose of his existence as a guardian, and it wasn't like he could still do something like that. Vargas felt a prickling feeling in his hands, knowing the shadows underneath his shirt sleeves had started to crawl across his skin and were itching to form claws, to rip apart his anger and frustration. But no, he couldn't do that here. He had to make a decision. Inwardly, he was probably more logical than Haniel - he wan't bent on keeping himself pure so much as doing whatever it took to keep his powers intact. And if that meant fighting side-by-side with his elemental rival, then...

Vargas's hands tightened on the steering wheel for a second, and then he gunned it towards the knight before anyone else could reach him, stopping next to him, rolling down the window, and raising an eyebrow. "Get in, you ridiculous- You're rescuing no one if you can't even get there fast enough, and we've wasted enough time!" Then, before Haniel could protest much, though it almost physically pained him to say it, "Either you get in and help me, or I go alone, and there's a good chance that Leo and Tamsin and I are gonna be killed."

██████████████████████████████████████████████████

I'm gonna . CH Δ NG E . you , like a . ɾ ε ɱ ɩ xdust;
                                        then I'll . ɼ a ɩ s ε . you , like a . ϼ н o ε n ɩ xto dust;

Blessed Seeker

8,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
                                              • Though a little delayed, the shop keeper gave her usual warm welcome a moment after noticing his entry. She immediately slipped out of the professional mindset and spoke as if she were talking to an old friend or regular at the shop. In a sense, he could be considered a regular or a window shopper. He didn’t mind the comfort zone she’d developed with him. That made talking to her a lot easier in comparison to a waitress at a restaurant. Not to mention since she didn’t have a reason to maintain a professional façade he could conclude her smiles weren’t feigned for the sake of her business. That also made it easier to read her, and assist with an occasional problem that maybe plaguing her at the moment. Right now he could tell just by looking into her inky obsidian eyes that smile was sincere, and almost contagious… almost.

She only lingered on the work subject momentarily which usually meant some of the more… polite, customers hadn’t made their daily visit as of yet; why she didn’t just ban them from her store was beyond him. She might not favor their company, but their money is definitely welcome. From what she was willing to share, she’d accomplished all of her duties relatively quickly. There wasn’t much work today so she probably spent the majority of her time sitting at the counter, bored, waiting for someone to pay a visit or for something interesting to happen in the vicinity. A workaholic at heart, hopefully she doesn’t overdue it. Fatigue isn’t something she should overlook carelessly, especially considering she works here alone. That was a partial reason he visited from time to time, just a little checkup. But he never let her know that of course, she’d just assure him he’s overreacting and thank him for his concern.

“Well I suppose a break every now and then is nice”.

A small, concentrated red hue flourished her pasty white cheeks. Though any person could tell boredom when they see it, she must’ve thought otherwise; or made really bad attempt at masking how she really felt at the moment. She fiddled with her fingers and inflated her cheeks a little which he had to admit was pretty cutesy, though he’d die before he’d admit it. She refused to make eye contact which only added fuel to the fire. Seth placed a firm hand across his lips muffling the few chuckles that managed to escape his tightly clamped jaws. It’s hard to imagine her failing origami considering her blue collar career choice, and considering the delicacy that’s needed to grow and package flowers without damage origami should’ve been right up her alley. He could see her failing though, folding paper isn’t the most interesting thing to do all day. But still, even children can accomplish that; that’s probably why he found enjoyment in her failure.

“I-I see, that would be a problem. Maybe it’s just not your thing, try macaroni pictures first and continue from there”.

Seth did a moderate job masking his laughter, until he spoke. They leaked out alongside every other syllable which made talking difficult, he managed to complete the statement, though in shambles, completed nonetheless. Thanks to his careless laughter he hadn’t noticed she’d been staring which made him withdraw a little. Her head was tilted to the right which in return caused her raven pink-tails to drape over her shoulder. She smiled in a playful manner before immediately what he thought was a retort for laughing at her earlier. He hadn’t thought what he said through, she knew he wasn’t asking her on a date but that surely could be misunderstood easily. He didn’t have a comeback for that so he just laughed it off alongside her. There’s a difference between joking and flirting, there was no need to make her uncomfortable by trying to fit into the playboy role. It was out of character, and didn’t suit him at all.

She asked what brought him to the store today, as she mentioned he never buys anything so there’d be no reason for any normal person to come. She also made an indirect attempt to sell something to him as a gift to his significant other. Something he didn’t possess, aside from his time being eaten away by school and a part-time job he didn’t think anyone could emotionally invest themselves into him. He wasn’t exactly a good-looking guy, nor did was exceptionally great at sports. He was a little above the average person intellectually but that was about it. His confidence was confined solely in gaming and complex puzzles. He wasn’t an interesting person, his life was an inky black and grey compared to others. He grew accustom to his own dullness, practically numb to all outside colors trying to force its way in.

“Nah, I don’t have anyone like that in my life. I’m not exactly the most appealing horse in the stables if you know what I mean. I like to believe people aren’t supposed to experience certain things in their lives, love is mine certain thing. Everything happens for a reason. I don’t see the need to try to change something I can’t”.

Struggling seemed like a waste of effort since you’re never guaranteed the results you want at the end, only the experience obtained along the way. Not to mention investing that much in a person leaves you open to pain, whether physical, mental, financial, or emotional eventually you’ll experience the pain of losing something. He’s learned that much from overhearing conversations at the back of the class and drunks at the restaurant. Love seemed more like a poison opposed to an incomparable sense of gee. No need to rush falling into that pit of snakes and needles. He shrugged nonchalantly and curled his lips as he began to answer the first part of that compound question.

“I actually just wandered here to tell you the truth. I was having a bit of trouble studying, or rather playing catch up with classes so I decided to take the day off. I wasn’t getting anywhere so I decided a change of scenery might do me some good. I’m not really sure if it’ll do me any good, but there wasn’t any harm in trying I suppose”.

He’d completely forgotten about studying! There was still a lot of time left in the day, and more importantly, before his shift began at the restaurant. Delaying his studies wasn’t beneficial, but he wasn’t as diligent as Ketih. Yet again he shrugged nonchalantly and repeated the process of a moment of pause before curling his lips to state a question.

“That being said, I can see your pretty diligent. What’s your secret? Staying focused isn’t something that just anyone can do y’know. It’s a helpful trait. One I definitely don’t have”.

Well that was a lie, he just couldn’t focus on things that didn’t interest him. People, conversations, animals, information, nothing was exempt from his disdain. That might also play a role as to why he doesn’t have any friends but that’s a conversation for another time. Seth patiently awaited her response, it was still relatively early, and he had some time to spare.

OCC: Sorry it took so long, real life got in the way.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
l Company: Shop Keeper l l Location: Gaia's Gift [Front Counter] l l Feeling: Neutral l

keirei

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces