11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Darridium Voideye
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

The being nodded, the voice within wearing his down his last few strands of resistance as they moved ever closer to their destination. He began to look even more ragged than he had before, the madness took its toll physically as well as mentally as each step took further down a far darker path.

“It’s your turn…I think.” He muttered at the woman as they continued. “Aw. Is my sweet getting tired? Why not just sit back and let me take control for a while? I promise we’ll have so much fun.” The voice purred, the words dripping with honey as they rattled around Darridium’s head.
Hatter Coon

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Abella Branwen

Her feet carried her further from the ground, toward the safety of the trees as she watched him. "Tell me about your home...", Abella states, after observing the changes in his stature. Perhaps better memories would help in forcing back to insatiable madness that was inflicting him."You don't look like you've grown up locally, since you're not collared or dead.."

The first of the forks in the road appeared in front of them, highlighted with a rainbow of lines. Grimacing, she balances herself on the edge of the path once more and peers down each of the winding trails ahead. "Of course there's a choice. I really hate forest courts... They always pull this bullshit." Raking a hand through her hair, she turns to face him. "Can you sniff out the town from here?"

Last of the Romantics
User Image
User Image

x.Erik Svarog
xx.location: forest
xx.company: Marissa/Clara
xx.OOC: Erik's dire wolf form

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

He had only spent a moment with Jackie before his ears twitched and swiveled behind him. In the stillness of the forest, he picked up a vaguely familiar sound. Despite the deep anguish inside him, he was still curious. With another look at the rapidly cooling body in front of him, the wolf got up and left the small field of flowers that his attempts to save Jackie had produced.

The large black dire wolf easily pushed his way through the thick brush, emerging from the bushes to a road. He looked to his right first, his bright red eyes locking on a carriage some distance away. To the left was another carriage, and a fae standing in front of it. From what he could tell, this fae was just like all the others that currently blended in his mind. Too human and yet not in the right ways. Just like the werewolves.

Though normally the dire wolf would impose a great and frightening figure, with his ears and tail low he looked much more forlorn than a wolf ought to be. Still, Erik didn’t have the heart for death and did not wish for these newcomers to witness or experience it themselves. “I would advise you to take another path, cousin.” He spoke common tongue, though retained his wolf form. He turned to look further down the road, “The werewolves lost their own. Another of our kind so near them in their state could be quite dangerous.” He looked back at the female and the carriage behind her, uncertain if they were familiar with werewolves or if they were like him, unfamiliar with anything but rumors.

While with Brielle and the others, during what he thought was a quite peaceful, if strained, gathering, he pretended to not understand the werewolves plight, this was not the time for that. As if the thought reminded him that they were strangers, the wolf nodded its heavy head once in greeting. “I am Erik, protector of the north.” He paused for a second, “Far, far north.”

He heaved a sigh, emotions conflicting inside him, “If you wish to go to the…” he paused here, unsure of what the word was until he remembered Queen Vira’s messenger had called it an inn. “The inn, you can cut through here where I just came from. It will be bumpy for your…” he paused again, his vocabulary failing him in his depression. “Wagon,” that’s what Annabelle had called similar contraptions, though common tongue had quite many names for things that were similar. “For a bit before reaching another path.” A thought hit him and he wondered if they got the same message that he had. “The message I received from Queen Vira said to meet at a place she called the Bonding Grove. If you wish to stop there, I can lead you there. But it reeks of death.” Well, not as much as the clearing that he just emerged from, but he was certain the death of that strange mad werewolf that Gywn killed still lingered.

A sardonic chuckle escaped him as he looked up at the sky though the trees, “You missed quite a lot. Though I think it a good thing, I wish I hadn’t been as quick to travel myself.” He realized he had been talking for a while and moved to the side of the road, letting the new fae know that he had no intention of stopping them should they wish to continue down their current road.

Enduring Hoarder

8,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
Lirix Shadowtooth
Gamma Wolf

Silence, had followed his questions toward Arianna. He couldn’t stand it, or more correctly the wolf couldn’t stand not being answered. “Find another.” It wasn’t a request, demand, or even a question, but more cleverly a warning. He hadn’t taken it that way at all, and pushed the wolf aside once more. The wolves voice was typical, but what wasn’t typical of the beast was creating such a demand. Normally it only told him to do instinctual things. Like carve the bark off of a large holly tree.

Seething anger could be felt slowly escaping from the wolves personality, into his own. He could literally feel the wolf fighting him, Attempting at control for some reason. Perhaps it was because this untold silence was eating at the wolf’s core, especially at such a crucial time as dinner.

Horrid was the stench of wolf blood that filled the gathering. It was truly a horrible smell, and one that bothered the wolf’s cage even more. What had occurred next completely freed the beast. Pain, and loss could be felt through his wolves senses. And as he felt such a horrid feeling the wolf had finally won. The sense of loss was to great, and let a momentarily lapse of his consciousness. That lapse was just enough time that was needed for the wolf to take over.

Lirix’s head tilted back in a howl that was etched by madness. Next the crack of bones could be heard as his hands bones had reformed into that of the wolves. Another howl of pain had escaped his lips as all his bones had broken, and reformed; turning into the body of wolf.

User Image

As the wolf had taken full control a sinister smile would have been seen on its face if it had any human recollection. Jaws at least ten feet wide with that could tear through a whole trees bark. Opened and closed as he had wanted to taste blood. The blood lust that grew with in him was strong, and couldn’t have been quelled. As he opened his mouth largely, he had lunged forward, and bit into Arianna’s shoulder. The black poison that adjourned his teeth seeped into the wound. And as it did Arianna would find herself paralyzed, and unable to move. Literally ripping the flesh right off of the bite mark, he had tasted real flesh. Flesh like he had never tasted before, and was in need of more meat.

Traveling over to where Nikita had stood. He had stabbed his paw right through her chest, and grabbed her still beating heart. He was hungry, and there was nothing that would stop him. Taking a large bite of the heart, he had chewed it, and swallowed it before violently throwing the heart to the ground. Next the small Thump of the now breathless body of Nikita could be heard as it had hit the ground. He had then slammed his head back toward the moon, and howled once more in victory. He had tasted flesh, and was quenched for now, but now he wanted to go, and mark his territory.

"Power Without Balance is meaningless."

╒════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
Mood: Lost
Out Of Cheats: sorry I've been absent
[quotes here]

╘════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

Demonic Hunter

11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Darridium Voideye
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

The voice stopped as the thoughts of home flooded the man’s mind, burying its words in gallons of fetid water and tons of spongy soil. Darridium took a deep breath and gave a small smile. “My home is far from this forest, both in form and distance. It is a festering swampland, filled with moss covered bars of water logged soil and pools of bleak, foul water. Life is scarce and the dangers are plenty.” His words were warm, his eyes closed to bring him to back to the place of his birth. His brow furrowed as he admitted, “ I would do anything to keep my land and people free.”

He opened his eyes to gaze at the female, who was high in the trees out of reach. Abella’s question reached his ears as the light scent of gathered Fae drifted into his nose. The were pointed down the left path. “We go that way. I hope we can make it soon…not sure how much longer I can hold out.” Darridium muttered this last part as he strode down the path he had gestured. He looked up and asked, “You have been with my kind before, yet I know only rumours and half truths about yours. Perhaps you could tell me what to expect when we get to where ever it is we are going?” His words still space oddly, though it wasn't as awful as it was a few moments ago.
Hatter Coon

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Abella Branwen

Dropping from her perch to stand beside him once more, she shrugs. "Half truths would be appropriate for any description involving my people. I've met thousands of Fae and not one of them were alike.", Abella explained. "On the outside, at least. On the inside, most of my kind are unfortunately simple to understand. Corruption is the middle name of every royal circle and any Fae child with an once of influential blood in them are fought over or pawned away ruthlessly for more power.. Humanity learned it's worst habits from us. However.."

She traced her fingers over the dark scales of her familiar with a slight grin. "There's the good that always comes with the bad. Our natures are inherently playful. And with the vast abilities of our kind... A game of chase can get quite interesting." A quick glance up at his more relaxed features had her smile widening. "You said you lived in a swamp? I've always enjoyed exploring those regions.. The wild life is surprisingly diverse." Now that the immediate danger had passed for a time, she was able to relax into the conversations she was most fond of. "Like a haven for isolated species.."

Last of the Romantics

Demonic Hunter

11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Darridium Voideye
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Darridium barely moved his head as he listened to her explanation. It did answer his question, but he felt he was still missing something. He sighed as the voice surged back at the word “chase”, like a dog being called by its master, bringing with it more unending torment.

The male spoke, “Yes. The swamps hold creatures I have not seen since I left. Mostly snakes and scaly beasts thought long since lost by the drier lands.” He turned his vision on to her and said, “Perhaps I could show you around if you ever found yourself in that area…as a favour.” The last part of the statement was more of a suggestion than anything. He doubted she did not already know the dangers that lurk within bogs and their ilk, but the Misty Swampland was a horrid maze of floating clumps of untethered soil, deep pools of sucking mud and hungry predators lurking within its perpetually fog covered landscape.

The smell of Fae grew ever stronger as time went by, bringing both a warmth in the knowledge he would soon be able to rest and a worry that the madness would be let loose in the heart of this place…more for his sake than those of his hosts. Darridium asked bluntly, “Does your kind have tasks and roles set to each of its members or is it a chaotic soup of randomness?”
Hatter Coon

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Abella Branwen

Her laughter filled the air at his last gruff answer. "Though 'chaotic soup' fits the species, we do actually have jobs. Guards, merchants, teachers... Each society has it's own unique needs of course and thus different people to fulfill those needs.", Abella stated after she was able to breath again. There was now clear signs of recent activity on the muddy road, with hoof and humanoid prints mingling with giant paw prints. Her shoulders tensed unconsciously. The closer they traveled toward the villager, the closer she was to getting chained to a stranger. Depressive thoughts began to filter into her mind, making her expression strained.

In an attempt to enjoy what little freedom she still had, Abella resumed the game of sorts. "Also, I thought I warned you about promising favors to the Fae, Darridium. We always come to collect..", she teases, before thinking hard on a question he would be able to answer. "Did you hear any of the pairings? I'm afraid that I was a bit late to hear who I was going to have to love and obey.." Bitterness dripped from her voice at the last two words, aimed at the lectures she'd been victim of seconds after finding out her sister had tried to kill herself.

Last of the Romantics

Beloved Elder

11,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

╔══════════════╗
« Marissa Corbette»
╚══════════════╝

Birds and butterflies εїз
Rivers and mountains she creates
But you'll never know
The next move she'll make
You can try
But it is useless to ask why
Cannot control her
She goes her own way

User Image

Marissa caught movement from the corner of her eye as a large creature emerged from the brush and she immediately lifted a hand signaling the carriage behind her to stop. Her eyes narrowed on the creature, it wasn’t exactly like anything she’d ever seen. When it spoke she tilted her head slightly to one side and arched a brow. That was why, a shifting fae, well then. Dropping her hand to her side she placed her hands on her hips listening to the male fae prattle on for a few moments. Some of what he said she’d gathered, some she hadn’t.
“ Thank you for the warning, I heard the howls. I am Marissa scout for Queen Clara….and whatever else the situation calls for.”
She turned her head to glance over her shoulder hearing the carriage door open and turned to see the queen clad in the elegant blue gown complete with intricate gold trim emerge from the carriage. “ This is Queen Clara of the Summer court” She said softly then turned to face the other woman and bowed. “ Tis nothing to worry over my lady, simply a warning of unpleasant road conditions. We will continue to the bonding grove” She said earning a nod from the woman. Turning back to the shape shifter she gave a faint frown. “ We are both required at the grove, as we are late, we should probably continue on to the grove. Your guidance would be much appreciated, Erik” She stated and awaited his reply.

Marissa was a bit skeptical of him, after all he did approach in his shifted form and mention the winter queen’s name. She didn’t much care for the unseelie court typically but she supposed that was a difference in culture, and she typically preferred to be alone anyways, even her own people irked her nerves most times. The fact that she’d even heeded the queen’s summons said much for her respect for the new queen. The summons from queen Clara was not the first she’d received on the matter, still she had no idea why of all the fae she was chosen to come here. She was nothing special, no brilliant talents or a special bargaining chip that some were might actually want.

I'm With: Erik and Clara
Thinking: How interesting
OOC: Hello there!

Once you will know my dear
You don't have to fear
A new beginning always starts at the end
Until the end of time
She goes her own way

Beloved Elder

11,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Seelie Queen of Summer
Clara Montague

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Clara saw her scout’s hand move quickly before she felt the sudden lurch of the carriage as it’s coachman pulled it to a sudden halt preparing for a retreat if necessary. Her brow furrowed as she attempted to see exactly what the problem was, there was a large furry…thing. A wolf perhaps? The situation had her reaching for the door to the carriage before one of her maids could stop her and she gracefully moved from the carriage. When Clara turned to her and bowed she caught sight of the massive Dire wolf and then nodded. She could have sworn her ears had caught another voice. Perhaps this was a shifter?

She moved towards the fae scout and the creature her steps careful and graceful. One could assume she was trying to be regal, but in all reality her feet were asleep from sitting far too long in the carriage. Clara knew full well that Marissa would hear her approach and probably notice the odd pattern of steps but it heavily outweighed her stumbling around for the next few moments as her body restored it’s proper circulation and feeling. Of course, she could use magic, but why on something so trivial. She approached the two in time to hear Marissa ask for guidance from the wolf she presumed to be Erik. She gave a pleasant smile to the both of them and then waited patiently.

I'm With: Marissa and Erik
Thinking: How interesting
OOC:

User Image
User Image

x.Erik Svarog
xx.location: the grove
xx.company: Marissa & Clara

xx.ooc: major edit: i was quite certain that Nikita and Arianna never made it to the inn, my bad.

Another piercing howl echoed through the forest, causing the wolf to look in its direction, ears perked forward. He growled softly to himself, that was definitely another werewolf. He wasn’t sure which one though, part of him wished he had managed to befriend more than one of the werewolves, but they all seemed put off by his personality. “If they keep this up, I’ll learn their voices of their inner wolves.” He muttered to himself, his distaste for werewolves growing ever more, as if the whole ordeal was their fault.

Still weary of the new howling voice, he returned to the newcomers. His sharp red eyes took in the elegant appearance of the fae queen and Erik realized that he was still in wolf form. He hesitated for a moment, still longing for the comfort of his true friends, but shifted into his fae form. It only took a blink of an eye and he was standing at his full height, though compared to the male werewolves (and even some of the females), five foot ten was nothing special. His long hair and eyes remained the same color as they had been in his wolf form. This was no glamour, shapeshifters have no need for glamours. The concept was new to him but had thankfully been explained to him as well. For a brief moment he wondered if either of these two beautiful fae were like Gwyn.

Regardless he gave a slight incline of his head in greeting, remembering to keep his newly learned social etiquette. Especially considering how much reverence the others had given queen Arianna. “A pleasure to meet your acquaintances.” While his movements and even his voice were listless, his wings were nearly spread fully behind him, giving tell to the emotions swirling inside him.

“The grove is this way.” He walked down the road, towards the direction he warned them of initially, “I don’t want to get too near the werewolves, but there are dead just beyond that brush there.” He turned to look at the two, part of him glad for the distraction from his own miserable thoughts, his eyes betraying the fact that he was trying to remain calm. “I do not know how they handle their dead. And do not wish to disturb any rights they may go through.” In fact, he didn’t know how the other fae handled their dead as well, for Shidha was no werewolf.

After giving some breadth to where Jackie’s corpse lay, he turned towards the direction of the grove. How he wished that he had left upon his arrival, much like that first male werewolf had. As he led the two, he was grateful that he had seen the forest from above and below, it made navigating it so much easier. He was careful to choose a beaten path before reaching the true path to the grove. It wasn’t long before they reached the bonding grove, he shrugged his shoulders and lifted his hands. “As a foreigner, I’m hardly the one to welcome you, but welcome nonetheless.” Being in company, even of strangers, was a welcome distraction and the faery sounded a little better than when he initially came upon the duo and their entourage.

Erik glanced around the grove, images of the others popping into his head as he did so. It was particularly painful to look up at the branch he had practically claimed as his own, as Jackie had looked up at the branch when she suggested they hunt. He forced his wings to fold down as a way to to calm himself down, but the sounds of pitiful whining caused them to spread out in caution again. He looked over at the two with him for a moment before he followed the sound. For the second time in the last hour he was awestruck, and not in a good way. The crying had come from Nox, the dire wolf that had been with Nikita.

The wolf, having already recognized Erik as a kindred spirit, came up to him much like he had treated his former master. Erik tilted his head in confusion and leaned down just a bit, as the wolf was quite large. He frowned, getting news from the wolf of the events that transpired. Sympathetically he placed a hand on the wolf's head. "You did the smart thing, as any creature with common sense should. She would not have wanted your life to be wasted." He tried to comfort the wolf, though as a pack animal the wolf felt pained at the loss and Erik understood that pain perfectly well.

He followed the animal back to the grove and told it to return home, to tell Nikita's kin of what happened to her. He wasn't sure if they'd do anything, but they at least deserved to know why she would never return. Erik shifted again, once more into a dire wolf, feeling none too safe here in these woods. Still it was obvious the inn wasn't the place to go. He settled where Jackie's scent still lingered though spoke to the two, "The wolf says there was more death in the fae village. His master and a queen fae." He repeated what Nox had told him, unaware that there was a fauna fae among the two. It was clear he had no intention of returning to the village, it seemed he was making himself comfortable but ready should there be a nearby threat.

He thought for a moment, "I wonder, with all the chaos going on, if the queen even realized that you were late." Or if that messenger fae would return here looking for the two. Had he been in his fae form he would have shrugged.

Romantic Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Married 100
  • Profitable 100
User Image

(For those confused Lirix and ariana/nikita are in the inn with the others not out in the woods)

THeir conversation was going off plesantly and brielle felt herself relax in the company of Gwyn when all hell broke loose. Howls filled the air from outside as wolves errupted and Brie had to fight the call of her own wolf to answer the hunt promised. Just as she got her wolf under control a wolf down the table began to shift and before she could react, went mad and killed two fae in a matter of seconds.

"s**t," Brielle swore kicking back her seat and swaying a bit from the drink she had consumed in such high quantities. Though the beast had seemed sedated from his blood lust Brielle knew this to be far from over. "Of all the times to be drunk." she muttered cautiously stepping around the table with her hands in front of her as if she were approaching a wounded dog and not a rabid were. Shifting was not an option here, she was far too drunk and had shifted too much that day. With more victims available in the inn it was too risky.

"Gwyn, do you think you could help me a bit here? Im going to try and restrain him before he attacks again, I know you were told not to do this but can you control his madness to help me get that done? " she asedk not taking eyes off the mad were with blood dripping from his muzzle. They needed to contain him now, until someone stronger could calm him or kill him... Usually brielle would do it but her intoxication made that impossible at that time.

Unforgiving Warlord

User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
GWYN (No last name)
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

When the howling started Gwyn frowned. She could understand their howls and their pain. When one of the weres changed in front of them Gwyn sighed and stood up. Hearing the roars made Gwyn understand why they were so furious at her controlling one of their own. These creatures. No these people deserved a quick end. It was only after this realization that Brielle asked Gwyn to use her domination on the were. "I guess if its to help him. But if any of the others start threatening me again I will have words." Gwyn held out her hand to the wolf and began to sing a song. Even the weres that weren't consumed with madness felt Gwyn's song reaching into their minds and seeking to dominate them even if the song could not claim them. "Hopefully my song will make it stand still." Gwyn said before taking in a breath and continuing with her song.

Demonic Hunter

11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Darridium Voideye
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Darridium looked over at Abella, her laughter filling his ears though why she laughing in the first place was beyond him. “That makes sense”, was his response when she had at last gave her reply, quietly noting her expression had altered as they walked closer to their destination, though couldn’t dwell on it for long, the madness having resumed its irritation in his mind.

He shook his head. “I only offered the one, Miss Branwen. What and when you choose your favour is up to you.” He gave a weak grin as he added, “And werewolves won’t let a favour sit idly for long either.” The smirk crumbled at her inquiry, to be replaced with a somewhat neutral expression. “None by name, a few by smell and many by sight. I was a bit tardy myself to hear which Fae would try to collar me.” Despite his blank features, his tone spoke volumes to how he felt about the entire situation.

Voices now could be heard, indicating their destination should be coming into view soon enough. The voice within picked up in earnest, urging him to relinquish control and begin the “pleasure” with so many “willing playmates”. He bit his lip as he struggled with this new assault on his sanity as he spat out, “I don’t know if I can make it, Abella.”
Hatter Coon

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

Abella Branwen

For the first time since she'd found him in the forest, Abella reached out to touch him, her hand looped over his elbow as she stared straight ahead. "You're going to make it. No way in hell am I abandoning you now. Once we get past the village, there should be somewhere quiet you can lay down.", she states calmly, fingers weaving through his leather armor to brush against skin. "Just keep talking and ignore whatever's trying to perform a bonfire dance in your head."

She remained calm throughout the dialogue, peering about as she takes in which routes would allow them less contact with people. In her free hand, hidden under the long sleeves she was partial to, was a loaded syringe ready to be lodged in his neck. It's contents were a work of art contrived by a friend of her's. The slightly eccentric father of an uncomfortably large amount of children had managed to create a serum that froze up the Change that happened with the wolf-kin. Unfortunately, the drug was only temporary and it did nothing to assist the werewolf with it's other persona. "Have you traveled beyond your swamp before? You seem to have had a bit of a rough time getting this far.."

Last of the Romantics

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces