Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Animal

User Image
User Image
                                                    yoricksdadyoricksdadyorUser Image
                                                    yoricksdad
                                                    yoricksdadyoricksdadyorLOCATION Finally out of the muckCOMPANY Even more strangersMOOD Moderately content

• Grinning a toothy grin that would almost give the Chesire cat a run for his money, Minnaloushe held a paw to her chest in mock humility. “Thank you, thank you, I try. But in all seriousness, it’s not far off. Follow me, although if it’s all th’ same to you guys I’ll be leading from the trees. I have to agree with Aida and Presea. I do not appreciate this swamp.” With that, she turned and bounced between the trees on her way to the cave she had scouted out earlier. The faster they could get there the better. It would be harder for their assailant to fly off from a cave, and easier to keep an eye on him. That was just in addition to the benefit of having a place to recuperate. Her stomach growled slightly and she frowned, eyes flicking around for possible prey along the way there. She almost regretted not killing the snake earlier. It could have made a good snack.

Once she got there, she landed softly on the driest spot of land she could find and let herself inside, shaking herself of some of the dried mud in her fur. She glanced warily to the clean water running through the cave and contemplated rinsing herself off, weighing the pros and cons of being considerably more clean, but also considerably more wet. It would be a tough decision. Glancing up to the strange young woman that had led them there, she sat back and cocked her head. “I’m not even human and I di’n’t understand most of that, I’m sorry. I, at least, haven’t heard of anyone by that name, ‘tho I can’t speak for the rest of them. Nice to meetcha though, Rina.”

yoricksdadyoricksdadyoricksdadyoricksdadUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

David was nearly out like a light as soon as the bottle collided with his head. The world spun, and then he was on the ground. Then, before he could even catch wind of what was going on, he found himself standing back on his feet again, this times with his wings and hands bound in front of him. Everything happened in such a quick turn of events that he coul barely process it. He was quick to heal the pain in his head and make sure that everything was alright, but the rest of his body felt... numb. There he was, standing with his captors with only vines around his wrists, yet he wasn't trying to run. The woman with the pointy ears was even holding on gently on the shoulder, not even by something that she would be able to hold him by very easily. He could run again! He could get out! But as soon as he felt that urge, his eyes immediately glance back toward the angry demon, who was angrily trying to clean all of the mud off of her precious bottle after she picked it up off of the ground.

No. He couldn't run. Not yet. If he did, he feared what would happen. Everything seemed to operate on the back and forth when this group decided on torture. The demon would try to kill him, the lady with the pointy ears would stop her just in time, and the cycle would repeat again. They were trying to get him to talk to the nice one, but it was obvious that they were all working together. No, he had no friends. No allies. But he had already failed. Wait. Hope. Never lose patience.

In bitter silence, mind awash with conflicting emotions, he followed them to the cave, remaining completely silent and docile for now. Still, he listened to the crazy lady's lecture, the one who had shot him with that dart earlier. Border...? Here? He blinked a few times in confusion as she spoke, showing the first signs of genuine emotion other than fear. Still a bit confused, he looked over at the dragon boy, lingering for a moment before putting his eyes back on the ground. He had been... close? To the border? Taking a deep breath, he shook his head. No. Stay quiet. Don't say anything. Don't ask anything.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aida, still desperately trying to get all of the mud off of her bottle, followed the group and continued to chew on those leaves. Whatever those things were make of, it was nothing short of a miracle cure. Sure, she was still smelling like a nasty swamp, her skin itched like crazy, but at least the hangover was starting to take a backseat to all of that. Despite her current actions, she really did like the group that she had decided to run around with. Fluffy was fun and smart-mouthed, Pointy was helpful and smart, Nerd was always energetic... and she really didn't know what to think of the little dragon. However, she knew exactly what she thought of the little bird. And she had no qualms with hiding it.

Remaining uncharacteristically silent the whole way to the cave, the guardian found herself intently listening to what the human had to say. So the rest of the human world wasn't this bad? She doubted that, but she had yet to see the rest of it. Anything with that blasted bright 'sun' in the sky was something she didn't want to be a part of. However, she found herself nodding complacently at the mention that no humans knew of this place. That explained a lot. She rarely ever saw a human inside of the barrier, and when she did they usually wandered right back out without even knowing what was happening. They were no fun. It had been mostly Mysticals that came though, and they were much more fun to trick and turn around in that fog. For a moment, she felt a tinge of homesickness. Maybe she should have never left.... But no. She'd been left there with no word for too long. She was out.

The memory of that brought her back to reality as they approached the cave and a blue-haired girl stood at the entrance, welcoming them. Finally. Some shade. Sweet Fey almighty this cave is going to be nice. But... hold it. Who is this? Is that...?

"Oi!" Aida suddenly exclaimed, piping up to life and waving her bottle at Sorina. "Oi, weren't you one of the ones who made it through the barrier? Yeah, yeah, that was you! When was it again...? Gah, I don't remember! But yeah, you kept pitching that god-awful sob-story about your brother and something. I can't believe you're still lookin'! I mean, some other guy brute-forced his way through a ways before you, and I think that was his name, but.... Uh...." She trailed off, jaw falling open as she started to realize just what this cave was like. Flowing, crystal clear water, cool damp temperature, the soft glow.... Aida suddenly found herself in a much better mood.

"Hey, uh... yeah. That thing about this world sucking...? I, uh... take it back. Woah."

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
User Image
Location + A muddy swamp near the border
With + Etzy, Ezio, David, Minni, Aida, and now Sorina
OOC+

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.: Presea Edhelwen .:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。*
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
♩♪ ♫ ♪ ♬ Flower, gleam and glow...Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse...Bring back what once was mine

───────────────────────────────────────────

User ImagePresea simply nodded in understanding as response to Etszy's words regarding the un-livable swamp. It did make sense when she thought about it, but even so, this swamp was still on the border, was it not? She had simply assumed every inch of the human's side would be well-guarded. Perhaps...humans were not as aware of the Mystical's as she thought? Of course, there was still the matter of the rumors flying around back home, so unless Aida managed to send any wandering Mysticals back to a different part of their world of origin, any Mysticals that DID cross into the human side were either able to make peace and live among human kind, or suffered some kind of fate. There had to be humans like Etzy here who did not believe Mysticals to be stories and legends. It was strange, really, how both worlds seemed so close, yet so far apart from each other.

As they finally reached the cave, Presea briefly examined the blue haired girl who introduced herself as Sorina, the spirit of emotion. Presea blinked once in confusion. Spirit of emotion? She'd never heard of such a thing, was this girl a Mystical as well? "I'm afraid I know nothing about your brother, nor am I familiar with that name...our lot just arrived to this place not long ago." Unless Etzy or Aida knew something, she was unsure as to how they could help this girl. Presea took a moment to examine the cave...thank the stars, clean water! The lack of soap wasn't so great, but at least now she could wash off the mud and not smell as bad. She also made a mental not to clean the winged boy's face, especially after suffering Aida's abuse.

Suddenly, Aida began going on about a past meeting with Sorina, and possibly, maybe, the girl's brother. Not that it would help condescending Aida probably didn't even bother asking where or why people were going during her time in that thick fog. On a positive note, Aida's mood seemed to lighten up once they were out of the sun. If they were fortunate, said good mood would last. She looked down at the captive boy. She wanted to say something, assure him there was nothing to fear, that she wouldn't let Aida hurt him. she just didn't know how to start. The poor boy was afraid, terrified, she could see it clearly. She could only hope she could help ease his worries and eventually get him to talk to her. "I'd say this is good a time as any to wash up, I think we can all agree the sooner we get this mud out of our hair, the better."

───────────────────────────────────────────
*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.: Elf, Healer .:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。*
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
Heal what has been hurt...Change the Fates' design
Save what has been lost...Bring back what once was mine...What once was mine ♩♪ ♫ ♪ ♬

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100
User ImageUser Image
Єtzץ & Єzเσ

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║█║▌││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Etzy yawned briefly locking eyes with Sorina when she spoke. She shook her head, "Don't know, don't care," she mumbled clearly grumpy from the events that transpired and just looking to lay down. She was just a regular human after all, and she had been up quite a long time, even for her. I wasn't unusual for Etsealia to go days without sleep when she was in the middle of an experiment but both her and Ezio had been on the run for some time now. Exhaustion was setting in.

It was even more so noticeable in the young dragon child she carried in her arm who mumbled lightly and snuggled into his mother's arms. "Momma....sing...?" he stated looking at her with heavy eyes.

Etzy smiled lightly gently running her hand against his head of hair. "Sure sweetie, just listen to Momma's voice and close your eyes," she stated softly ignoring everyone else's idea of washing up and moving to a small free space where she set Ezio down and used her lab coat as a blanket to cover him before laying beside the boy herself. Then softly she began to sing. It was Ezio's lullaby, the same song she sung to him every day she watch him grown in the test tube she created. Soon enough her voice echoed the cave walls entrancing those who were listening.

"And slowly, you come to realize
It's all as it should be
You can only do so much

If you're game enough
You could place your trust in me

For the love of life
There's a trade off
We could lose it all
But we'll go down fighting

And what of the children?
Surely they can't be blamed for our mistakes?

And slowly I've come to realize
It's all as it should be

That hiding space
A lonely place

How can the right thing be so wrong?
I've found mistakes
Where they don't belong

For the love of life
We'll defeat this
They may tear us down
But we'll go down fighting

Won't we?
"

Once the song finished Etzy layed her own head down using her arm as a pillow she wrapped an arm around Ezio protectively...and closed her eyes. Soon two soft snores could be heard signaling that the two owners were both asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.

Willing is not enough; we must do.

We are still masters of our fate.

We are still captains of our souls.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anxious Animal

User Image
User Image
                                                    yoricksdadyoricksdadyorUser Image
                                                    yoricksdad
                                                    yoricksdadyoricksdadyorLOCATION In a caveCOMPANY People on a ranging scale of trustMOOD Undecided

• Minni had settled in next to the water, gently and carefully lifting a paw into it and using the paw to clean the mud from the rest of herself. She eyed their prisoner warily, trying to sort through the emotions she was feeling through him. It was confusing, and not just because that was the emotion he was actually feeling. It was confusing because his emotions just didn’t make much sense to her. The Cat Sidhe huffed slightly through her nose, narrowing her eyes.

When the human began to sing, she was at least a little distracted for the moment. Looking around the cave at her current company, she tried to take stock of everyone. While she couldn’t exactly say she trusted any of them, she could at least say she trusted some of them more than the rest. Aida and Presea hadn’t been anything but honest with her so far from what it seemed, so they obviously ranked a bit higher on the tenuous trust-scale than the rest of them. The human and the dragon were… odd, to say one thing, but hadn’t given her an outright reason to distrust them. That put them at some sort of a ‘neutral’ level on that scale. The strange girl that led them here seemed genuine enough, and the cave didn’t seem dangerous at the least, her strange actions so far made her at least a little suspicious. Then of course on the bottom of that scale was the odd bird-child.

By the time the song was over her fur was clean and only slightly damp, and she was sitting on a flat stone with her feet tucked beneath her. Her eyes were mostly closed, but she was far from asleep, and she still peered around at the small group. “Well, I was gonna say we could see about figuring out what ta do from here, but it looks like we lost them already.” Minni was actually quite surprised that they felt safe enough to fall asleep like that, but hey, whatever they felt comfortable with.

yoricksdadyoricksdadyoricksdadyoricksdadUser Image

ooc;
                                                    So sorry again!! Going to try and get a Conor post out here for y'all too :C

Anxious Animal

User Image
User Image
                                                    Conor’s scowl didn’t leave his face, and he begrudgingly picked the up unconscious woman and took her with the rest of them to the guest room. After laying her down on one of the cots, he stood back up and leaned against a corner wall. The vial that their ‘host’ had given him was clenched tightly in his hand. Looking down at it, he shook his head. “Thaur is nae way 'at th' gamble is worth th' ootcome. Nae tae mention there's nae way ay knowin' fur sure 'at either ay them woods actually help. They coods huir uv a weel baith be toxic. Yer mission doon haur, is thes realae th' best way tae gang abit it?”* It just didn’t seem like the best of ideas, taking a vial that more than likely is poison. Honestly, the whole scenario in general just rustled his jimmies. They should be up above ground getting medical attention.

Don’t get him wrong─he was still trying to wrap his head around the idea that any of this was down here, and very badly wanted to know more. The new knowledge alone he could discover down here! Despite that, he knew there was more pressing matters than his own curiosity. Now that he knew this place was here, he could learn more later. He wouldn’t be able to forgive himself if something happened to the other two because of his own greed. Nikola sat at Conor’s feet, bristling in annoyance. He was used to his person’s emotions by now, and could sense Conor’s anxiety. The fen was already grouchy to begin with, and all of the nonsense going on was just adding to that.

Translations;
                                                    *There is no way that the gamble is worth the outcome. Not to mention there's no way of knowing for sure that either of them would actually help. They could very well both be toxic. Your mission down here, is this really the best way to go about it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff