Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tactical Target

29,200 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200
User Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Iɴsᴘᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ Gɪᴅᴇᴏɴ ·´¯`·.¸¸.¤
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gideon was up and about to follow Thomas out of his office when Rosaline poked her head in. He couldn’t help the frown that crossed his face at the sight of her, a disappointed and concerned look in his eyes. While he had a touch of sympathy for the girl and her particular dilemma when it came to her magic, there was no hiding the concern it ultimately caused. The Arcane Ops already had enough problems; renegade operatives mauling folks didn’t help.

He had half a mind to ask Thomas if he was doing drugs again when he suggested they use Rosa, his attention momentarily distracted as his phone vibrated in his pocket once more. Before he could even check it though, Rosa had popped into his office and Thomas had spurted out his plan. Gideon sighed, folding his arms over his chest as he eyed the two, Rosa in particular.

”How are you today, Rosa?” He asked, watching her curiously. He could see Thomas fidgeting out of the corner of his eye. That was understandable. He kept himself serious though.

”Have you seen your brother yet?” If they were really going to do this, then he was sure as hell going to make sure Luke was nearby at least. Losing limbs wasn’t beneficial to getting his job done after all.

WHERE: Police Department, His Office

WITH: Thomas, Rosa

OOC: - - - - -

”Lady_RedBain”

”BlitzRei”

User Image
Emma-Christi Jones

Emma had been working since she returned from lunch/breakfast, which admittedly wasn't that long ago. She hadn't heard from Gideon or Jessica yet, but she wasn't worried about either; both were busy, and if there was actually something important, they'd tell her. In the meantime, she went through processing the bodies, only glancing up when she heard her phone go off. Both of her assistants were either off doing something, or taking their break, leaving her lab all to herself, with some random radio station playing off in the distance somewhere being the only sound. When this whole Bang business started she was a little wary about being left alone with so many bodies, because, seriously, if magic was happening now, who said zombies weren't? But it became fairly clear fairly quickly that it didn't work like that, or if it did, it didn't for most people.

Taking off her gloves and cleaning her hands, she walked over to where she had safely stashed her phone, checking the message and quickly sliding it up to access the keyboard.

Text To: Jessica
                                                          Message: Already down here. Looks like we got a stray sulfur victim.

And she left it at that, sending the message and turning back to her work. She contemplated trying to get too much more done before Jessica returned, but then shrugged, figuring she might as well. She passed by the green-blooded victim and headed for the main interest, the one Jessica was likely coming down to see. She was excited to see if the forensic's conclusions matched her own. If they were lucky, this might turn out to be a large stepping stone in figuring out this whole Bang business.

Heacate

Space Lunatic

8,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

User Image
User Image
It smells like fear here. Fear, flesh and death.

Entering the office he locked her fingers behind her as she took to standing next to the door. She felt her nerves rattle when she saw that both Thomas and Gideon were there even though she had known to expect it. Three people in Arc ops made her nervous Thomas, Gideon and Luke. She was okay at hiding it when in Gideon and Thomas' presence but it made apologizing for the night before stick in throat so instead she raised the bag she had under her arm, waving it.

"I have Hugo's scent so ready when you are," she said to Thomas then turned to Gideon. The whole time her gaze was angled down toward the floor. "I'm way better today," she answered quickly letting some of her nervousness show unintendedly. When he then asked about Luke she responded by shaking her head. There were some days that she wouldn't see him until the afternoon but when she had to spend the night at the station he was usually there with a pastry and coffee for when she woke. "He must be busy or he might be getting a breakfast pastry." Sugar wasn't the best energy for her system but it was still energy and her body expended a lot of it when she went berserk.

Her free hand went to her hair and began to roll a grouping between her index and thumb. Letting her eyes linger on the floor as she waited. She knew trust was difficult with her since not even she could completely control herself. They would want Luke to assist in keeping her calm. Oddly she couldn't imagine herself ever really wanting to go berserk in Thomas' attendance.

|Where: Police Department |With: Thomas, Gideon |
Lady_RedBain

Razpitan

Business Vampire

7,900 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

QUOD ME NUTRIT ME DESTRUIT

{J. THOMAS LEE}

Thomas smiled warmly, “Excellent. That’s very good to hear, Rosa, I’m glad you’re feeling better.” he said. It was clear in her posture that she was uncomfortable facing them both, her gaze fixated on the floor tiles, and Thomas felt a twinge of guilt and relief wash through him simultaneously as he looked her over. She seemed much smaller than her reputation would make her sound, despite the fact she was an inch short of Thomas’s own height, and smaller now as though she wanted nothing more than to disappear. The tension in his shoulders loosened. He looked to Gideon, ”I think she’s our best bet at finding Hugo and I have the utmost confidence in her abilities. If anything happens, however, I take full responsibility for Rosa.” he stated as he went to Rosa to gently reassure her with a light pat on her shoulder.
-
After several minutes of shuffling about, taking ugly necessities with them to guard against Rosa having an episode, the three finally made their way away from the station in an unmarked car. Thomas had made a promise to Gideon to get him decent coffee to get him through the day. He recalled briefly the names on the list he had written and turned their direction toward West Auman Street, a small upscale shoot off of the shopping district which was as known for having a wide array of niche shops and cafes as it was for having a rash of Bang addicts. Sol Spice, one shop of particular renown lay tucked away in the cleanest corner of the street where they parked the car along the curb.

WHERE: Police Department | WITH:Gideon, Rosa |FEELING: Neutral

OOC: Zala, we’re finally here.

”BlitzRei”
”R T Muss”
”Razpitan”

Witty Fatcat

10,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
User Image
User Image

XARCANE OPERATIONS DIVISION
X HEAD FORENSIC ANALYST

WHERE [Lab] ▌ WHO [ Alone → Emma] ▌ OUTFIT [ Fabulous] ▌ OOC [Edited] ▌ MUSIC [ ♪Les Miserables 2012♪ ] ▌

About halfway to Emma’s Lab Jessica felt her pocket vibrate, performing a balancing act with the files she reached in her pocket and managed to retrieve her phone. Quickly Jessica punched in the code to unlock the phone to see Emma’s message. Jessica didn’t bother sending one back seeing as she would be there shortly, she just put her phone back in her pocket and headed to the vending machines. Jesssica set the files down on a nearby table and swiped her card purchasing two energy drinks. Jessica grabbed the files and the drinks and headed back to Emma’s lab.

Jessica knocked on the door then she went ahead and walked inside. Jessica set one of the energy drinks next to Emma, “I know you prefer coffee but I thought with the late night and all you might want one.” Jessica poped the tab on her and began drinking it. “Well I got the results back. Now I have the printed copies here,” she said as she lifted the files. “We can also pull it up on the computer. Now look at what I found. I believe there could be a couple of different reasons for these particular findings.” Jessica set her energy drink down and began going through the files. “Look at the cell counts. In the second sample you can see bang, however there are more cells densely packed. Compared to sample A there is almost three times the cell count. Sample A is just normal. Now is this a fluke? I really would like to get a sample from someone we know to compare. The more samples we have the better idea we can have.” While she was talking she handed over the pictures and notes. “What do you think?” She asked taking a break, taking another sip from her energy drink.

Loonamist

Tactical Target

29,200 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200
User Image
Iɴsᴘᴇᴄᴛᴏʀ Gɪᴅᴇᴏɴ ·´¯`·.¸¸.¤

Gideon stepped out of the driver’s side of the car, eyeing the place a moment. ”Sol Spice…,” he repeated to himself, a look of uncertain disapproval crossing his face. It certainly didn’t sound like a place for Bang addicts to frequent. If anything, he expected it to be overrun with business suits and hipsters. Or was it hippies? Something about hippies and Bang created an odd mental image for him.

Gideon shut the door, glancing from Rosa to Thomas, an eyebrow quirking a bit. ”Are you absolutely sure about this place, Lee?” He asked, still unable to wrap his head around the idea. They’d passed far seedier looking places from his observations; this one seemed fairly clean compared to them. Of course, he knew little of the whole drug scene after all; maybe for something as big as Bang, a nice clean establishment was a better bet for never getting caught.

He folded his arms over his chest. ”The coffee better be good, Lee.” He remarked half joking, half serious. He headed to the doors, pulling one open and ushering the other two inside before him, eying the surroundings as he did. He always preferred watching the back for trouble.

WHERE: Shopping District - Sol Spice
WITH: Thomas, Rosa

OOC: Trying to get the RP juices flowing again. SO WEK.

”Lady_RedBain”

”BlitzRei”

Space Lunatic

8,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Ashlae "Lazarus" Kyne
"I am current Ramone Cartegan"

The officer and he had checked the one lab but none of the people he was to be introduced to were there. So trying the other he was lead there where the officer looked through the doors window to confirm that there was someone inside. Then turning the handle he entered motioning for him to follow. Ashlae holds his suit case close as he enters because even though he is Ramone he still feels a bit uncomfortable in the midst of a police department building. He tried playing it off as nervousness of meeting new people. There were bodies here and he knew immediately what this place was. He had awoken from his'death' in a place much like this.

"Hello ladies," started the officer nonchalantly," I hear your division is rather busy so someone new has been hired to help you out. His name is Cartegan, Ramone and he has been a hidden jewel for some time. Privately schooled and an eye for detail he should prove a bit of help at least."

Ashlae help praising the mans calm manner. It was as if he had seen this Ramone grow up. While Ash was not the spy type this man seemed as if he could very well be which would explain why his father had used him as a contact in the past. He would have to keep this officer in mind in the future. Stepping around the officer he looked momentarily toward both Emma and Jessica, of whom he learned about after speaking to the officer, and bowed slightly. "Uh, Hello," he said giving a smile," I'm practically self taught," He joked, while not joking. He looked about and realized that some of the bodies had been worked on already. It was hard not to imagine what might have happened to him if he had not come out of his near death had he not awoken when he did. While he knew that they were trying to figure out the power of the elixir known as bang he wasn't quite sure how they planned to do it looking at bodies and people it gifted.

The officer began to leave but stopped at the entrance and called over his shoulder, "Try to be patient with him."

Kyne rolled grimaced at the man as he left feeling as he had somehow tried to insult him. Maybe it was a show of familiarity but it was still a bit aggravating because he liked to always be on time. Now that he was here all he needed was for Emma to find herself alone. He could probably take these two on now but it would involve inflicting more dire wounds. Plus he didn't know the full extent of either of their ability to defend themselves.

Heacate

Loonamist

Samples
Gideon: {b}{h}{s}
Odette: {b}{h}{s}
Emma: {b}{h}{s}

Space Lunatic

8,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

User Image
User Image
It smells like fear here. Fear, flesh and death.

Rosa was relieved when Thomas vowed for her but even she thought that having Luke with them would help. She made no protest when they grabbed some odds and ends in case she had a berserk episode or sensory overload. It bothered her that she had such intense drawbacks to her powers. At least when she went berserk the adrenaline made her feel fantastic, she would even say godly. The sensory overload on the other hand would not only have her pass out but give her headaches for some time afterward. Slowly she had been training herself to take in smells as casually as she could making sure they didn't assault her.

As they traveled she left her window half open so that she could take in scents as they went. It would have been pointless to try and catch onto Hugo Knight's while in the car with them moving. She had tried doing so before but the air carries a lot of scents and when they are all being forced on her the the invisible currents she could easily get to many even with her mask. She remained quiet the whole ride but knew they were heading to the area ruled by small cafe's. Her nose picked up the sweet and bitter smells of multiple varieties of coffee and cappuccinos. The burger had not been quite enough to satisfy her appetite which became known when her stomach made complaint. It was silent enough that the others with her might not hear but she most definitely felt it.

When the car had parked in front of Sol Spice she didn't understand why they were there. Maybe they had heard her stomach or maybe they hadn't had a breakfast pick-me-up yet. Although she was sure they had been sipping on coffee earlier she could smell it in the office. What ever the case she opens her door and exits the vehicle taking a whiff of the air just in case she can pick up a scent now that she could more easily separate the smells.

She then went inside while Gideon held the door open. She stood to the side as they followed since she didn't really know why they were here. Questioning people would be their job because of her temper and it was already an awkward situation since she looked like someone out of a horror movie or metal band. Her mask made a quiet 'psht' as she stood stiffly waiting.

| Where: In front of Sol Spice | With: Gideon, Thomas |
R T Muss

Razpitan

Lady_RedBain
User Image
Emma-Christi Jones

Emma was just pulling the skull cap off the body of her main specimen, and didn't even glance at first when Jessica entered. She carefully set the piece of skull aside, before changing gloves, pulling off her coat, and taking off the headgear she ahd to keep the blood spatter from her face. She still had another coat on underneath, her white one, instead of the blue one she usually wore when cutting the heads open to keep some of the high velocity splatter off. She looked over at Jessica as she walked over, eyebrows raised, but then smiling when she offered the energy drink and set it down. "Thanks," she said, picking up the drink, "I actually just had some coffee, but I'll probably need it later." She moved over and set it on her desk, then came back over expectantly, a bit excited to hear what her coworker had found in the sample.

She tilted her head to the side thoughtfully, though, when Jessica started unveiling her findings. She wasn't really sure what to make of the triple numbers of all the blood cells. It could have explained the odd texture, but with such a heavy cell count, had their body been functioning properly? She was starting to wonder if perhaps this person was just a bang user that had managed to last a while, but was about to reach the end of their luck and explode. Their death could have barely prevented the event, and this could simply be an odd accumulation that occurred just before the explosion. Though she wasn't sure how blood cells could possibly contribute to that, unless it was the blood itself that just tore the body apart. That didn't seem too consistent with witness reports, though... but it was possible. Or there might have been more to it. "Hmm... That is odd. With so many cells, the blood could be thicker, but perhaps it's also capable of performing more. I'm not sure if it's enough to explain something like magic, but it could be a contributor... or it could simply be a side effect of Bang, or even a symptom of something else altogether. There are a few instances of cell counts going up, but I'll have to check the numbers, symptoms, and causes on those..." she commented thoughtfully.

She looked up from her musing when they were suddenly interrupted by one of the officers. She raised an eyebrow, not really minding, but curious what he was doing down in her department. She glanced at Jessica when he mentioned 'their' devision, then looked back adn raised both eyebrows when he mentioned having brought someone new to 'help'. A hidden jewel, hm? That certainly sounded impressive, and the guy definitely talked him up, but she was curious why he was sent to 'their' devision. "Got a lot of science background?" she asked, offering an amused smile at his half-joke. "I can't say we don't need the help, but I think I'm pretty set. Think you could use the help, assuming he knows his stuff, Jess?" she asked, dropping her arm to her side with the results still held in her hand, her other hand in her coat pocket.

Heacate

BlitzRei

[[ Hope this works, sorry for the delay : O ]]

Space Lunatic

8,565 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Ashlae "Lazarus" Kyne
"It felt like I died, but then I awoke and I was free."

"Not a lot in science in general," he stated to Emma," I know a bit about the human body but my specialty is chemical compounds. The usual causes for high blood cell count is oxygen not getting into the blood stream and the body compensating in which case we could chalk it up to the bus fire and smoke inhalation. Although that does not explain why the other sample wouldn't have the same unless this fellow or madam were a long time smoker but I believe that it may truly be that they were a bang user. It has way too many times more cell count." He scratched his head imagining how slowly this man would bleed with the numbers he could see from where he was standing. It would be like draining oil from a vein. " but don't get me wrong I am no expert. Bang is a mystery that I doubt any one will understand without an understanding of what 'magic' really is." He walked back toward the door and set his suitcase on the floor next to it. "To tell the truth I thought that I was hired purely due to my organizational skills. " He gave an awkward grin as if to show that he didn't particularly like his knowledge of flesh and chemicals.

He didn't have confidence in whether what he had said were completely true but he did indeed know that prolonged suffocation and oxygen deprivation made blood thicker. There were probably many more scientific reasons but it seemed the most likely at the moment. Now that he thought about it he hadn't been wounded a lot since his father had died but once he had been caught off guard by a hidden switch blade but the wound hadn't bled like the patterns that were put into him. Rather it oozed for a moment before he bandaged it. He had simply accounted it as a shallow cut. Had his near death experience with the drug Bang actually made his blood thicker or was it a coincidence. One thing was sure to him though, since he has resisted the urge to take Bang for surely the next time it would be him splattering walls with gore.

|| Location: Lab/Police Department || With: Emma+Jessica
Heacate

Loonamist

Samples
Gideon: {b}{h}{s}
Odette: {b}{h}{s}
Emma: {b}{h}{s}
User Image

ZΛĿΛ . V

It wasn't an awfully busy day, the usual rushes as soon as the opened. Some people really relied on coffee to get themselves going at the start of the day, keep them selves going during the day and even wind down at night. It seemed, to her, that coffee was just as much a drug as Bang, with far more users than the drug with a destructive side effect. How apply named. Staffing was low today, and with Carlos out on deliveries it was just her and one other employee in the cafe at this time. She moved around the tables cleaning up after the morning rush. People could be so messy, it wasn't like there were trash cans in the cafe, with signs. Oh well. It could be worse. The mundane work didn't seem so tedious when you were sitting on a gold mine. Well, theoretically, nothing incriminating was kept at the Cafe, she may be arrogant, but she wasn't stupid. Everything was kept off site, plus with all the known users she hired it left her with many people to point the finger at in anything happened to be left lying around. It wasn't the most moral thing for her to do, but it also wasn't the more immoral thing she had done. Besides, they were all ready to take the rap for her anyway. With promises of better product when they returned from their temporary stays behind bars. Or she would pay off their fines, or some other way of keeping them loyal.

She heard the ping of the electric bell as the door opened. She looked up from the table she was wiping down and her gaze fell upon two men and a woman. One looked familiar, the chiseled faced one bringing up the rear. He caught her attention for more reasons than one, but mostly because she remembered seeing him at the crime scene from the day before. She figured his spectacled and masked companions were either co-workers or...No, there was no other explanation. "Welcome to Sol Spice" she said with a smile on her face. "What can I get for you?" She made her way over to the counter as she spoke, she could almost guess what they would order if anything. Mr. Tall and Bruting, coffee, just coffee, probably black. The one with the glasses, some kind of latte with an espresso shot. And the girl, definitely not a pumpkin spiced latte type, she was the wild card. Something about the glassed man sparked something in her memory, but she couldn't quite place it. Oh well.

Who Alone ➼ Thomas, Gideon, Rosa
What If one more little old lady cuts me off today...
WhereHome ➼Sol Spice Cafe
How Angry
I Woke Up Like This Flawless
Ooc

”Lady_RedBain”

”BlitzRei”

Razpitan

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash