Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Putsch: A secretly plotted and suddenly executed attempt to overthrow a government.

Created By: DawneeDaydream (Formerly known as RucaSaysRawr)
Level: Semi-lit to Literate
Genre: Medieval Fantasy
Inspiration: My imagination, a splash of GoT, and constant harassment from a friend to make an RP.
Status: ► Under Construction ◄ Open and Accepting Full Closed

Disclaimer: This is a remake and will pick up where the previous RP left off, but don't worry. If you're new, you won't be lost, but if you're a little curious and want to take a peek at what was going the old thread can be found HERE. Or you can go to the info thread which has the sparknotes version of what's happened so far and you can find the info thread HERE.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
► Table of Contents ◄
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Introduction
Table of Contents
► Story ◄
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

The Kingdom of Andrawyn has been at peace for centuries, the last war having taken place over a thousand years ago when a massive civil war erupted throughout the country. The war lasted for two hundred years and many lives were lost. Finally, having grown weary from war, representatives from each race and region of the kingdom gathered together to form a great council. For three years the council members fought and debated over what should happen to the kingdom, who should rule, and if it should be broken into pieces and ruled separately. After many days and many sleepless nights, the council had come to an agreement. Andrawyn would remain one country with one king, but be divided into five regions with a warden for each region to maintain the peace. The Northwest became known as the Violet Wood and the Albrechts, a prominent Elven family, were named wardens of this region. The Southwest, being home to the kingdom's largest port and trading town, was named Silverbourne and crowned the capital of the kingdom. It was decided that a Human man by the name of Salomon would be named king for it was believed that, given a Human's short lifespan, the country would be less likely to fall under tyrannical rule. The central plains were named Estermeadow and given to the Tanzers, a family of Skin Walkers, to look after. The Northeast, a mountainous region, was called Yttiri and the Vollans, a family of Jötunn, were given control as no other races who could withstand the harsh terrain were interested in holding power there. And finally, the Southwest became known as Summerbank and was given over to the D'Aramitz family, a family of Nix. When this decision was announced everyone rejoiced, warriors returned home to their families and the land began to heal from the battles fought, finally able to flourish once again. For nine hundred and ninety years the citizens of Andrawyn were happy and peaceful, but sadly this didn't last.

As new generations were born, many of the stronger, longer lived races, began to resent that a Human family was in power. They had no strength, no innate abilities, nothing to make them stand above the rest. Many began to see them as weak, both of mind and body, and resented the greed so many Humans expressed. Rogues began roaming the country side and attacking small cities and hunting Humans, stringing up their bodies to be put on display as a sign of defiance with the words “mighty is our king” painted on the bodies. Security in the capital began to thicken and the royal family started to separate themselves from their people, no longer attending festivals or parties. They kept to themselves for fear of what would happen if they stepped outside their castle walls. Unfortunately, while doing so kept them safe, it only helped build resentment in the neighboring regions. For two decades the king and queen stayed hidden, keeping themselves and their children locked away, but this wasn't enough. A larger, more organized group of insurgents formed, separatist who wanted each region to be self ruling and started raiding small villages outside of Silverbourne. They called themselves the “Brotherhood of the Phoenix”.

One night the capital came under attack. Merchant's stores and carts were set on fire, ships were sunk, people were murdered in their beds, bodies dragged out into the streets; the mayhem was so great that some of the king's personal guard had to go into the city to fight. It was this night, with the king and queen scarcely protected, that they were slaughtered. The remaining guards were either killed in the attack or disappeared. Every member of the royal family, save for the youngest daughter, who was only two, was violently slaughtered. With the rising of the sun the next morning, the violence in the streets died down. No one knew who had started the attack or why it only lasted for a few hours during the night, though the latter became clear upon the discovery of the royal family. Now, with all possible heirs dead, save the young princess who is unable to take the throne, the council is once again being summoned to decide the fate of Andrawyn. This time, though, no one wants to play nice. While the council is tucked away debating, the noble families have taken up their banners, each determined to be the new ruler of Andrawyn.

Now almost two months after the assassinations the High Council still hasn't made a decision and in a bid to buy more time and sooth the frustrations of the remaining noble houses they have decided to play host to a Grand Memorial to honor the memory of the fallen Salomons. The invitations have already been sent and as the date of the event draws nearer the members of the noble houses have made their way to the capital followed by an old, nearly forgotten enemy who's lurking in the shadows waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
► Rules ◄
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

1. The Obvious: Read every post on the first page before applying to this RP. I know there are a lot of them, but each one has information that you need to have. Some of them are very important to how you fill out your profile skeleton. So please, please read every post on this page.

2. Literacy: This is a semi-lit to literate thread. Meaning that I want proper spelling and grammar and absolutely no chat speak. When it comes to spelling and grammar, I understand that typos happen and sometimes there are words that we just can't figure out how to spell, I only ask that when it comes to situations like this you simply use your resources. The internet is a wonderful thing and it is a great tool to use when you don't know how to spell something. And when it comes to typos, simply read over your posts once you've posted them. I know I've found mistakes before, and it only takes a couple of minutes to fix them. When it comes to me, I encourage people to make polite corrections. If you see something wrong in my post, tell me!

3. Posting Length: I honestly don't care how long your posts are, though I would prefer people to try and get out at least a couple decent paragraphs, but like I said. I don't really care. What I do care about is the quality of the post. You can have a short post or a long post, as long as whatever you put up has enough to it to allow others to respond to you. Don't fill your posts with fluff just so they'll be long, and don't put up super short posts that no one can really respond to.

4. Posting Frequency: I know that people have a life outside of Gaia, I certainly do (sometimes), so I don't expect people to post every single day (though if you do that's awesome). I do, however, expect you to post with some frequency. At least a couple times a week. On top of that, please let people know if you'll be leaving for the day/night/next few hours if you're in the middle of a posting spree. It's just the polite thing to do. Speaking of being polite, if you are going to be gone for a while and unable to post, LET ME KNOW. Real life happens, believe me I know, and sometimes you get caught up in it and forget about little ol' Gaia, but please please please either PM me or post in the OOC that you will be gone. Don't leave anyone hanging.

5. Posting Style: Snaz up your posts, make them look nice. Throw in a picture, use some colors, just make it looks nice and easy to read (meaning no crazy small fonts or bright colors). Also please make it obvious when your character is actually talking or just thinking. Put that part in bold, or a different color, or something. Make it stand out so it won't be easy to miss. Especially if you're the type to make really long posts. If you need/want to have a post layout made, A L ii E N_P A N D A in Rising Moon does some great work and has really reasonable prices.

6. Characters: There isn't really a set number of characters in this RP, other than the fact that we need at least one representative from each Noble family, members of the High Council, and members of the Brotherhood. Those roles need to be filled and I won't be accepting side characters (soldiers, healers, whatever) until some of the major roles are taken. You can apply, and I will look at your profile, but I won't accept you until some major characters are taken. On this note, you are more than welcome to have more than one character. In fact, I encourage it. I'm not going to put a limit on the number of characters you can have, however if I feel that you're starting to take over the thread I won't accept any more characters from you.

7. Reserving a Character: To reserve a character send me a PM titled "Octodad" and in that PM let me know which character you want. Now, by character I pretty much just mean "slot" because you're making your own character! Huzzah! But yeah, send me the PM and I'll hold the spot for you for one day. That's it. If I don't hear from you within a day, the spot opens back up.

8. Applying to the RP: Applying to this thread is really simple. Step 1: Build your character. And when doing this, if you're going to be a member of one of the major houses, make sure to look at anyone else in that house because if you're blood related, you need to look a little alike. Just sayin'. Step 2: Fill out the profile skeleton correctly. Step 3: PM the profile to me and title the PM "frizzlepoops". Step 4: In that PM provide me with a post sample. It can be a new post that you just wrote and included in the PM, or a link to a post you've previously made in another RP. Step 5: Wait for me to PM you back and let you know your fate! If I approve you, you can start posting right away, if I don't.... Well, go ahead and ask me why, we may be able to work something out.

9. The Extras:
    • I don't feel like I should have to say this, but I'm going to anyways just to cover my bases: Follow the Gaia TOS.
    • No godmodding, power-playing, whatever. You do not get to control another person's character without their permission.
    • If romance happens (which is fine), don't get explicit. Time skip that shiz.
    • Your character isn't all powerful and can't dodge every single hit, keep that in mind.
    • No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus.
    • Be respectful, don't be a jerk! If you have a problem with someone, PM me and I'll talk to them. Don't start fights in my thread.
    • Do not post before you are accepted and given the ok to do so.
    • Keep OOC out of the main thread, it belongs in the OOC thread (hence why it's called "the OOC thread" ).
    • Subscribe to the thread so you don't miss a post.

10. The Most Important Rule: Have fun! I want this thread to last and I really want everyone to enjoy it, so please help me make that happen. Feel free to joke around in the OOC, make friends, invite friends to play, whatever. This is a place to get away from real life, so why not make it a place you enjoy being? If you have suggestions on how to make the thread better, on recruiting new players, or you want to plot something out with me, please do so!

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
► Regions of Andrawyn ◄
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

There are five regions of Andrawyn. Each region has a warden to look after it and rule locally while the king, who resides in the capital, rules over all.

The Violet Wood:

01. Cynemel
02. Aelwynne
03. Maelebrea

Silverbourne:

04. Farean
05. Seahollow Bay
06. Paladye
07. Thedeles
08. Ilipitte

Estermeadow:

09. Peina
10. Drice
11. Argada
12. Zivot Dajuci River
13. Rauwin
14. Baelwick
15. Vallea

Yttiri:

16. Helcyrneg
17. Kjalor
18. Valkyr Twins

Summerbank:

19. Melzialare
20. Ersaniall
21. Oscenon
22. Bay of Ages

xxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
► The Violet Wood ◄
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

The City of Cynemel in The Violet Wood

The Violet Wood sits in the Northwestern corner of Andrawyn. It is a heavily wooded region with few actual cities, as many of the inhabitants prefer living with the land instead of separating themselves from it. Several small rivers flow through this region, though none as large or powerful as the Zivot Dajuci River. Being as close as it is to the kingdom's capital, the people of the Violet Wood keep a close eye on the happenings of Paladye and take great interest in politics. Many politicians have come from this region, though healing is the second most common profession to come from here. The predominant races in the Violet Wood are Elves, Nymphs, and Fae, though other races such as Humans and Skin Walkers live here as well, they inhabit the cities only. The major exports of the Violet Wood are timber, wine, medicinal herbs, and furs. It is a patriarchal society here and the ruling house of this region is the Albrecht Family. The Albrechts are an Elvish family and only a male, pure blooded Elf may be named head of the family. Other races such as the Fae have married in, however mixed children are not allowed to lead the family. The Albrechts reside in the capital of the Violet Wood, Cynemel. Their House words are “Born Of The Forest.”

The Noble House Albrecht.

Please note that more characters can be added, this just covers the basics

Lord Albrecht: Open Reserved ► Taken by CutiPii ◄
Lady Albrecht: Open Reserved ► Taken by Elektra Heart ◄
Heir Apparent (Must be male): ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
► Silverbourne ◄
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

The City of Paladye in Silverbourne

Silverbourne is the home to the kingdom's capital, Paladye, and resides in the Southwestern section of the kingdom. This part of the Andrawyn is known for it's merchants and crafters, permanently warm weather, and seasonal festivals. Musicians, performers, and artists from all over the kingdom flock to Silverbourne to make a name for themselves and to participate in the festivals, thus making Silverbourne the most diverse region in the kingdom, though Humans are the most common race here. As the capital region of Andrawyn it has become home to all of the ambassadors of the neighboring regions, most of whom live in the actual capital city, though some who don't find large cities comfortable will reside in smaller villages just outside the capital. Silverbourne is a patriarchal society and the royal family was the Salomon Family. The Salomons were a Human family and only a male, pure blooded Human could inherit the throne. The Salomons resided in the capital of Silverbourne, Paladye. Their House words are “Wealth And Sovereignty”.

The Royal House Salomon.

Please note that no characters can be added to the Salomons as they have all been killed, save for the princess.

King Ryland: Deceased
Queen Cassandra: Deceased
Prince Donagh: Deceased
Prince Lorne: Deceased
Princess Bellana: NPC played by DawneeDaydream

The High Council.

Head of the High Council and Dragon Representative: Open Reserved ► Taken by DawneeDaydream ◄
Elven Representative: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken
Fae Representative: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken
Nymph Representative: Open Reserved ► Taken by CutiPii ◄
Human Representative: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken
Skin Walker Representative: Open Reserved ► Taken by Sgt.Joe ◄
Jötunn Representative: ► Open◄ Reserved Taken
Dwarf Representative: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken
Merfolk Representative: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken
Siren Representative: ► Open ◄ Reserved for Taken
Nix Representative: Open Reserved ► Taken by l Cryptic Metaphor l ◄

The Brotherhood of the Phoenix

Please note more positions can be added, this just covers the basics.

Leader of the Brotherhood: Open Reserved ► Taken by Gerik Rhineland ◄
Second in Command: Open Reserved ► Taken by Nocturnus Periculum ◄
General of the Brotherhood Militia: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
► Estermeadow ◄
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

The City of Argada in Estermeadow

Estermeadow is the central expanse of the kingdom and the largest region. Most of the kingdom's farming is done here, thus the biggest export from Estermeadow is produce. Known for it's open meadows and rolling hills, it is a very underdeveloped area. Because the ruling family wants to keep it as undeveloped as possible, most people living in Estermeadow are either farmers, ranchers, or horse breeders. Along with produce, the Kingdom's finest horses, cattle, and wool come from this region. The Zivot Dajuci River runs through Estermeadow and each year the ruling family hosts a festival that actually flows down the river. The prominent races in Estermeadow are Skin Walkers, Humans, and Nymphs. It is a matriarchal society in this region and the ruling house is the Tanzer Family. The Tanzers are mostly Skin Walkers of the avian variety, though some some mammal shifters, Humans and Nymphs have married in, however only a full blooded female Skin Walker can take over the family when the head passes away. The Noble family resides in the capital city of Estermeadow, Argada. Their House words are “Bountiful Is Our Harvest”.

The Noble House Tanzer.

Please note that more characters can be added to this family, this just covers the basics

Lady Tanzer: Open Reserved ► Taken by NexusScythe ◄
Lord Tanzer: Open Reserved ► Taken by Nocturnus Periculum ◄
Heir Apparent (Must be female): Open Reserved ► Taken by einmyrin ◄
Second Daughter: Open Reserved ► Taken by DawneeDaydream ◄

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
► Yttiri ◄
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

The City of Kjalor in Yttiri

Yttiri inhabits in the Northeastern territory of Andrawyn. It is a very mountainous region with two active Volcanoes in the southern part of the region called the Valkyr Twins. It is a harsh and difficult place to live with it's frigid weather and lack of fertile land, however three races thrive here: the Jötunn, Dragons and Dwarves, though some Skin Walkers and Humans call this place home as well. Yttiri is the home of the kingdom's military training facilities and young soldiers are sent there for the first three years of service for intense training. Mining and smithing are two very common professions in this region, along with military based careers, and because of this the largest exports from Yttiri are minerals, metals (both precious and non), and precious jewels along with the kingdom's finest armor and weaponry. The ruling family of this region is the Vollan family, which is primarily Jötunn, though some Dragons have married in. Due to the harsh environment strength is valued above gender, birth order and parentage so long as they are still born to the Vollan family; therefore every fifty years all the full blooded Jötunn Vollans that have reached one hundred years interested in becoming head of the family are gathered and will compete in a tournament that showcases their strength and battle prowess to determine who will take over. The Vollans reside in the capital city of Yttiri, Kjalor. Their House words are “As Stars In Winter”.

The Noble House Vollan.

Lady Vollan: Open Reserved ► Taken by CutiPii ◄
Lord Vollan: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken
Heir Apparent: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
► Summerbank ◄
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

The City of Oscenon in Summerbank

Summerbank rests in the Southeastern part of Andrawyn. The mainland portion of Summerbank is a swamp filled jungle environment, making it so there are no cities on the mainland save for the capital, however there are four small islands that are more habitable. Though there is a road that leads to the capital, most travelers will sail across the Bay of Ages rather than take the road; the smaller cities of Summerbank resides on the small islands and are only accessible by boat. Known for it's warm climate and tropical waters, it is a favored vacation spot for many of Andrawyn's citizens. The nation's navy is stationed here, as is the largest shipyard in the kingdom. Most member's of the navy come from this area due to their familiarity with the ocean. Summerbank is the smallest region of the kingdom and is mostly inhabited by sea-folk such as Merfolk, Sirens, and Nix, though Humans and Skin Walkers live here too. As it an aquatic region, the largest exports are fish, pearls, and the best ships in the kingdom are made here, whether military, fishing, or recreational. The ruling family of Summerbank is the D'Aramitz family, which is mostly Nix though Nymphs and Sirens have been known to marry in on occasion. This region is neither patriarchal or matriarchal and it is the eldest full blooded Nix child that takes over when the head of the family passes away. The D'Aramitzs reside in the capital city of Summerbank, Oscenon. Their House words are “Water Is Salvation”.

The Noble House D'Aramitz.

Lord D'Aramitz: Open Reserved ► Taken by shiroi_karasumuse ◄
Lady D'Aramitz: Open Reserved ► Taken by DawneeDaydream ◄
Heir Apparent D'Aramitz: ► Open ◄ Reserved Taken

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
► Races ◄
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
Updates

Elves

Elves are similar to Humans, however they are immortal in that their bodies do not age once they have reached maturity, so that they do not seem to become elderly or die of old age. They can be killed by physical injury however, or they may come to death from wasting away if after long eons of life they lose the will to live. Elves are, generally, unusually handsome of face and body. They have far better vision and hearing than Humans. Elves are light of foot, can travel long distances without leaving tracks, and often can walk lightly across snow where the boots of Men would sink. They don't require sleep, but are able to enter a waking meditative state to regain their strength. Elves are very quick witted and adaptable, because of this they make up most of the kingdom's politicians. Their native language is Elvish.

Fae

The Fae are a race of forest dwelling creatures. They range in size from four to six feet tall and their coloration tend to be very bright. Pink hair, blue skin, and purple eyes are all common features among them. Despite some myths, the Fae are not born with wings, but instead develop them once they reach adulthood, around twenty years of age. They tend to be either very shy or quite mischievous, the later taking quite a liking to politics, while the former tend to be more domestic, often taking careers dealing with children such as teaching or childcare. Fae are long lived creatures, though not immortal, and typically live about a thousand years. Their native language is Fey (Melodic 3).

Nymphs

Nymphs are female, long lived creatures who live in nature. At birth they have no affinity to an aspect of nature, but after they finish puberty this changes. Once a Nymph finds her affinity she will immediately move to a place where that aspect of nature is prevalent. Typically very petite, their coloration is similar to humans, however after discovering their affinity they will often begin to manifest features related to that affinity such as a Water Nymph developing scales or a Wood Nymph growing horns made of wood. All Nymphs are born female, they are incapable of bearing sons, and all of their children are born full blooded Nymphs. Nymphs are broken into two categories: Terrestrial Nymphs such as Dryads and Anthousai, and Aquatic Nymphs such as Haliae and Naiads. Many Nymphs are gifted healers and some even have the power of foresight, because of this they tend to be spiritual leaders and healers in their communities. Nymphs are very passive and tend to avoid politics as they do not like conflict. They typically live about eight hundred years. Their native language is Nymphae (Siblant 1).

Humans

Humans, while not the smallest, are typically the weakest physically of all the races in Andrawyn, however they are the most numerous. Coming in an array of coloration and sizes they are, aside from the Fae, the most diverse race in the Kingdom. Though they are physically weak, they are quick witted and very good with numbers, many humans are merchants or bankers. They are also great negotiators which is how the Royal family ended up human. It was argued that by placing a shorter lived race on the throne it would help prevent a tyrant from keeping rule over the kingdom for more than a few years. Their native language is The Common Tongue, English

Skin Walkers

Skin walkers are human in appearance, but differ in several ways. When a Skin Walker is born it is born with an animal spirit, giving them a second form. The second form is not determined by one's parents, but rather their soul. However, typically they take after their parents in terms of what kind of animal their second form is, such as if both parents have mammal forms the child will most likely have a mammal form as well. As children they spend equal time in their animal form as they do in their human form, something that is highly encouraged so that the children will be able to change quickly and easily at will, as well as know both forms completely. Skin Walkers are able to speak telepathically to other Skin walkers and when in their animal form are able to speak to all races in order to allow them to communicate when their form may prevent it. Not ones who are fond of large cities, most Skin Walkers live in the central Plains of Andrawyn and live simple lives as Farmers or trappers, however some of the wilder ones move towards the forests and mountains to either further their trade as hunters/trappers or to join the military. They typically live about two hundred years. Their native language is Aisurian (Siblant 2).

Jötunn

Jötunn, also known as Frost Giants, are a race of immortal creatures with superhuman strength who inhabit mountains and other cold climate areas. The Jötunn vary in appearance, some are attributed with hideous appearances - claws, fangs, and deformed features, apart from a generally hideous size. Some of them may even have many heads, or an overall non-humanoid shape; though this isn't the norm. Most Jötunn have the same characteristics as Humans, the main difference being height, their deep blue skin, and either raven black or snow white hair. However, with age and practice, a Jötunn can alter his or her skin to appear the same hue as Humans. Jötunn average between six and thirty feet in height. While not inherently violent, Jötunn are fierce warriors and make up the majority of the kingdom's army. They built the various training facilities throughout Yttiri and are master strategists. They are immortal in the same sense that Elves are immortal. Their native language is Frohscahn (Harsh 3).

Dwarves

Dwarves are a short, stocky race, most of whom have thick, luxuriant beards in which they take great pride. They are a proud and stern people, are physically very strong, and have great endurance, especially in the ability to resist heat and cold. Dwarves are typically stubborn, secretive, and fiercely loyal to their friends. They care greatly about mining, crafting, gold and gems. Dwarves are easily offended by rude comments, and have a propensity to hold long-lasting grudges. They are best known for their work in the forge (smithing is the most common occupation) making fine weapons and armor. Dwarves live about two hundred and fifty years. Their native language is Dwarvish (Harsh 1).

Dragons

Dragons are the oldest inhabitants of Andrawyn and lived in the Kingdom before any other race came to be there. Originally stuck in their beastly form, after several centuries of living near or with creatures of other races they slowly adapted to take on a second, humanoid form which greatly resembles Elves; though it's still considered a mystery how such giant beasts drastically decrease their size when changing form. Yet despite their humanoid second form, all full blooded Dragons are hatched from an egg, only half breeds are delivered through a live birth. Considered by many to be truly immortal, Dragons are very long lived, the eldest being several thousand years old, and are incredibly difficult to kill when in either form. In fact the only way a Dragon will die is severe damage to the head (crushing the skull, decapitation, etc) or if it loses the will to live and falls into what they call "The Great Sleep"; the act of secluding oneself and falling into a permanent sleep. Because they are so long lived and solitary by nature, full blooded Dragon children are rare and there are very few dragons in existence. Most Dragons live in the mountains, specifically near the kingdom's two active volcanoes and it is tradition for all full blooded Dragons to be hatched inside those volcanoes. Few of them leave the mountains, but those that do will usually end up in positions of power due to their critical thinking and charisma. In the mountains they are often jewelers by profession, however if they leave their homes they most often end up in the military or in the King's court. Their native language is known as The First Tongue and can only be spoken while in Dragon form as it consists of both vocalization and subtle body movements. Only someone who's blood is at least half Dragon is able to understand it as it is an instinctual language and cannot be taught or learned.

Nix

The Nix are a race of shape-shifting water creatures who are able to take the form of any living thing. While no one but the Nix know their true form, it is believed they are actually made of water which is what allows them to change their shape and makes them extremely difficult to kill. Outside of their homes they often appear human in form, though they are capable of assuming other shapes, however whatever shape they take they always appear very fair in their coloring. Like Merfolk they can only go a few days without entering a body of water, however instead of growing sick they will become stuck in whatever form they took when leaving the water. Nix are natural musicians, but if they aren't pursuing a career in the arts, they will often pursue a career in law due to their level headed nature. Nix are immortal in the same sense that Elves are immortal. Their native language is Nenekti (Standard 1).

Merfolk

Merfolk are creatures of the sea with the top half of their bodies being humanoid and the bottom belonging to that of a fish. They live in the oceans and rarely leave the sea. When they do leave the water, they are able to temporarily grow legs to walk on land and can stay in this form for up to three days without having to go back to the ocean. However, if after three days they do not return, they quickly begin to sicken. Because of this they rarely travel farther than a day away from a body of water. Merfolk are great fishermen and craftsmen and are known to make the fastest ships in the kingdom. They also make up a large portion of Andrawyn's navy. Merfolk live to be about four hundred. Their native language is Tsunandren (Reversed Alphabet) and can only be properly pronounced and understood while underwater.

Sirens

Sirens are closely related to the Merfolk and have similar physical features, however Sirens are a bit more fish-like in their natural appearance and are able to spend up to seven days on land before falling ill. A very colorful race, Sirens are the most diverse when it comes to the fish features they have, such as that some sirens have eel like appearances while others will have squid like, or even on rare occasions, jellyfish like appearances. Sirens are known for their beautiful voices, both when speaking and singing and because of this can be very persuasive. Due to their ability to sway the opinions of others and cloud their judgment, they have been banned from political careers for fear that they would force their opinions on others to further their own personal goals. Because of their voices, Sirens often become performers either singing, playing musical instruments, and acting. Some, though it's very rare, become dancers when on land. Sirens live to be about four hundred. They share their native language, Tsunandren (Reversed Alphabet), with Merfolk.

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
► Profile Skeletons ◄
Links
Important People
Updates

The Coding

[imgleft]http://i61.tinypic.com/33k9lli.jpg[/imgleft]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
[size=24][color=color1]FULL NAME[/color][/size]
[size=7][color=color3]██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████[/color][/size]
[list][list][size=11][color=color1][color=color2][b]Race:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Gender:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Date of Birth:[/b][/color] Month/Day
[color=color2][b]Current Age:[/b][/color] Spelled Out
[color=color2][b]Region of Origin:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Language(s) Spoken:[/b][/color] What languages do you speak? See the "Races" section for a list of languages.
[color=color2][b]Marital Status:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]House Banner:[/b][/color] If you are not a part of one of the major houses you can make a house banner at jointherealm.com. Please use a link.

[color=color2][b]Height:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Weight:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Eye Colour:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Hair Colour:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Body Type:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Second Form:[/b][/color] For Dragons and Skin Walkers, please use a link.
[color=color2][b]Birthmarks/Scars:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Piercings:[/b][/color] Here
[color=color2][b]Tattoos: [/b][/color] Here

[color=color2][b]Occupation:[/b][/color] What do you do for a living
[color=color2][b]Affiliation:[/b][/color] Which family do you want to take the throne, or are you with the Brotherhood?
[color=color2][b]Weapons:[/b][/color] Please don't be excessive
[color=color2][b]Strengths:[/b][/color] Again, please don't be excessive
[color=color2][b]Weaknesses:[/b][/color] Everyone has them.

[color=color2][b]History:[/b][/color]
[list] At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph.
[/list]
[color=color2][b]Personality:[/b][/color]
[list] At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph.
[/list]
[color=color2][b]Username:[/b][/color][/color][/size]
[/list][/list]

What It Looks Like

FULL NAME
                                                  ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
                                                      Race: Here
                                                      Date of Birth: Month/Day
                                                      Current Age: Spelled Out
                                                      Region of Origin: Here
                                                      Language(s) Spoken: What languages do you speak? See the "Races" section for a list of languages.
                                                      Marital Status: Here
                                                      House Banner: House Sample

Height: Here
                                                      Weight: Here
                                                      Eye Colour: Here
                                                      Hair Colour: Here
                                                      Body Type: Here
                                                      Second Form: Whatever creature you are
                                                      Birthmarks/Scars: Here
                                                      Piercings: Here
                                                      Tattoos: Here

Occupation: What do you do for a living
                                                      Affiliation: Which family do you want to take the throne, or are you with the Brotherhood?
                                                      Weapons: Please don't be excessive
                                                      Strengths: Again, please don't be excessive
                                                      Weaknesses: Everyone has them.

History:
                                                        At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph.

Personality:
                                                        At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph. At least one paragraph.

Username:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
► Links ◄
Important People
Updates

OOC x~x Profiles x~x Info Thread x~x House Banners x~x Banner Generator x~x Language Generator x~x Elvish Phrases x~x Elvish Translator x~x Elvish Dictionary

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
► Important People ◄
Updates

Since this thread is a remake there are currently no important people, other than myself. Perhaps soon someone will be able to play the Riker to my Picard. I can only hope and dream this will be so.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tipsy Darling

25,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Introduction
Table of Contents
Story
Rules
Regions of Andrawyn
The Violet Wood
Silverbourne
Estermeadow
Yttiri
Summerbank
Races
Profile Skeletons
Links
Important People
► Updates ◄

09/26/2014 - Thread has been recreated and is accepting reserves/profiles!
09/30/2014 - Updated the Info Thread so there is now a history of the Empire of Cyrosia and I also added a post in the same thread that describes the different kinds of Nymphs if you're interested in making a Nymph character.
10/13/2014 - Wow, I've been really bad at updating this, >.< Well, the Info Thread has been updated with a detailed list of the different kinds of nymphs as well as all the info I currently have on Cyrosia. Princess was removed from the RP, the D'Aramitz Heir slot is open and we've got two new people joining us. Huzzah!
10/21/2014 - LilPixieMama and Lyvidian have been removed from the RP due to inactivity, though they are always welcome to come back and Delzebub had to pull out. This means we've got the Fae Rep spot open and the Lord Vollan spot open.
10/30/2014 - There has been a time skip! It is now the day before the Grand Memorial which means we're one day away from all the super excitement! Woot!
11/21/2014 - I've updated the profile thread to remove those who have. Joe has gone AWOL therefore if anyone is interested in taking over his character let me know before Yeven is killed off. I've also updated the Yttiri section to make a few changes to the "Tournament of Heirs" as I'm calling it. Now all Vollans that are 100 or older are able to enter if they want to and it happens every fifty years instead of every ten.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces