Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
Not too long ago, a book, an autobiography about the world's one and only cat person, was found. It was filled with the secrets of the "supernatural world," and the dangers this cat person had to evade in order to survive. In the recently added afterword, the author states that there is a newborn cat child amongst the human crowd. This cat child, dubbed a "Neko," was to be protected by all costs, and must never submit to evil.
Our story begins seventeen years after the book was discovered. The newborn has grown up to become a carefree teenager, going on adulthood. Hidden in the shadows, he finally emerges, set to discover the real world. Little did he know that, on the day he journeys into Japan, he soon discovers more than he expected.

Of course, I'm certain you already know the RP rules by now....
No need to make a profile, you know. Let it be a little surprise.

Benevolent Phantom

User Image
                  User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

On this bright and fresh morning, people roamed the streets, all seeming exhausted or carefree. Ada Melrose was part of the crowd. She was out and about to buy some groceries. She didn't have to go to work today as it was a Saturday. She had the whole day to do as she pleased. She figured it'd be best to get the chores out of the way first. She made her way down to her favorite farmer's market. "Good morning!" She greeted the cashier and flashed a smile at him. She browsed the vegetables and grabbed a few things, putting them in their own plastic bag. Next was fruit. She bagged a few apples and pears before going to the candy. She always had to get some candy whenever she visited the store.

After some time, Ada left with two bags in her hands. "I'll just get these home and then I can have some fun." She said to herself as she walked. It took her about five minutes to reach her home. She searched her purse for her keys and unlocked the door when she found them. She quickly entered and put the food in their appropriate locations. She took a piece of the dark chocolate roca she had bought and popped it into her mouth. "Mmm~! So gooood..." She blushed lightly and savored the taste as she finished putting things away.

ooc: You don't need special graphics. I'm just using an old one I had laying around.

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
DMGINC
OoC: Thank God. I don't have any way to make special graphics, and I don't want to rip anyone off again. And sorry about the weak start.... Not good with beginnings.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Michael Fukuimoto

Across the street from Ada's house, Michael Fukuimoto dug into the trash can in the back alley. Being an abandoned orphan, Michael had to fend for himself more than often whenever he was hungry. More times than not, feeding himself meant digging in other people's trash. He's been doing it ever since his mother abandoned him for being a "freak of nature." Michael couldn't blame her; after all, it's not every day that you give birth to a child with a cat tail and ears. But, thanks to Michael's passion for staying hidden, he was able to hide his unnatural traits.
"Great... Still nothing," Michael sighed as he threw the leftover banana peel back into the trash can. That's when Michael saw Ada. Or, to be more precise, smelled the food she was carrying. He could smell the fruits and vegetables, but what he really wanted was the candy. Michael hadn't laid eyes on candy since he was kicked out of the farmer's market for stealing some food. He was deciding whether or not to confront the girl when he saw her pull out the keys to her house. "Too late," Michael muttered as the door closed the door. "Man... I was hungry." Michael sat down on the warm pavement, hands on his stomach. The sun shone in his eyes, making him drowsy. Soon afterwards, he fell asleep.

Benevolent Phantom

User Image

After she had put everything away and made sure there wasn't any chocolate stuck in her teeth, Ada was ready to head out again. She grabbed her purse and quickly left her house, locking the door behind her. Before she began walking, she noticed a man sleeping on the sidewalk. That wasn't a safe place to sleep. She approached him and examined him before shaking him lightly to wake him up. "Excuse me?" She wondered if he was homeless or just didn't feel well. He could also be a drunk, but he didn't have the stench or appearance of one. "Mister?" She shook him a little harder and waited.

His hands were on his stomach, and a faint growl could be heard. She'd have to treat him to some of her cooking or at least take him somewhere nearby to eat. She checked her wallet and nodded, seeing that she had enough money to at least feed him if he wouldn't come with her to the house.

ooc: Wasn't sure if you meant he had hid his ears and tail or not, so I just guessed he did. I ran out of things to say so this is short... > ^ <

Tsukino Akuneko

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
DMGINC
OoC: T-That's what I meant.

Michael Fukuimoto

It wasn't long after Michael fell asleep when he heard someone talking in the distance. Normally he would wake up now, but he was too drowsy to wake up. Then somebody shook him. His eyes fluttered open, and Michael reflexively brushed the hand away. "I'm up..." He looked up and saw the girl from earlier. He slowly got to his feet, and put on his best smile. "Hello... Who might you be?" Michael sniffed, and he could still smell the chocolate the girl had in her bag, but it was somewhat fainter than before. Did she brush her teeth that quickly?
Unbeknownst to Michael, as he was sleeping, one of his ears slid out of place. The ear wasn't completely noticeable, but one could see it if they really tried to look.

Benevolent Phantom

User Image

Ada smiled back at the man as he finally acknoledged her. He seemed to be doing alright, but something about him sleeping on the curb didn't feel right. "I'm Ada. I just noticed you sleeping here and wondered if everything was alright. Your stomach seemed to be growling a bit too. Could I treat you to some lunch? My home is right across the street." She pointed at her home and looked back at him. He was pretty friendly at first. Hopefully he would enjoy her cooking. There were some leftovers and she could easily whip something else up for him to munch on.

"Oh. What's your name?" She smiled sweetly at him, a light blush on her face. Ada liked to come off as the sweet and gentle girl. She enjoyed having lots of fun though. She took on challenges to push herself, and went through scary things just for the thrill. She had planned on just spending the day shopping like a normal teenager, but it felt better to help someone else.

ooc: Awkward post is awkward. I don't know what to say anymore. Writer's block all the way.
                  Tsukino Akuneko

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
Tsukino Akuneko
DMGINC

Michael Fukuimoto

Michael smiled as Ana introduced herself. He felt his ears blush when Ana mentioned his "growling stomach." Was he really that hungry? He got used to the hunger, and could barely feel it. When Ana mentioned food, his ears perked up. "Food? I could go for something like that... Of course!" Michael started to walk across the street when Ana asked for his name."My name? It's Michael Fukuimoto. Call me by whatever you like."

OoC: It happens to everybody...

Benevolent Phantom

User Image

Ada smiled at him as he introduced himself as Michael, crossing the street with her. He seemed to be excited for the food. "I'll call you Michael then." She took out her keys again and unlocked the door, letting him in first. "Why were you sleeping on the curb anyways? That's not very safe." She asked him as she pulled out some leftovers. She showed the dishes to him, letting him choose between chicken with lemon flavor on it, some salmon, or scalloped potatoes with a side of steamed brocoli and cauliflower. "I'll heat up whatever you'd like. It'll help me get rid of everything faster anyways." She smiled at him and waited.

ooc: n/a
                  Tsukino Akuneko

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
DMGINC

Michael Fukuimoto

Michael smiled as Ada politely let him in first. When she asked him why he was on the curb, the smile disappeared. "O~Oh... I don't really have a place to stay right now." Eager to change the subject, and even more eager to get some food, he looked at the leftovers. They all looked like they were taken out of a resturaunt menu and shoved in a freezer for a few days. "Wow, this all looks fantastic..." When Michael saw the salmon, his smile quickly returned. He pointed at it and said, "I want some of that. I know it's some sort of fish... But I've never tasted it before." His ears twitched, and his tail slid upwards and started shaking in delight.

OoC: n/a

Benevolent Phantom

User Image

Ada noticed his change in attitude when she asked him about sleeping outside. She figured she didn't need to bother him about it, so she wouldn't. She giggled and blushed as he complimented her food. "You're too kind." She smiled at him and saw him take interest in the salmon before asking for it. She nodded and turned on the oven. "It'll be ready in just a moment." Once it reached 375 degrees, she took out a baking sheet and placed the salmon onto it before sliding it into the oven. She set the timer for six minutes and turned to face Michael. "So about you not having a home to go to... Would you like to stay here? It'd be nice to have some help around the house as well." She smiled and removed the oven gloves from one of the drawers.

Tsukino Akuneko

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
Tsukino Akuneko
DMGINC

Michael Fukuimoto

Michael nodded happily as Ada started to cook the food. His ears perked when Ada asked him if he wanted to stay. "Well... it's better than the streets, so yeah," He could smell the savory salmon, even though it wasn't halfway ready. "So... Ada, it must be pretty lonely here by yourself," Michael grinned and continued, "It's a good thing I came along, isn't it?"

OoC: ....

Benevolent Phantom

User Image

Ada checked on the salmon every once in a while, giving most of her attention to Michael. He agreed to staying with her, making her smile. "That's great!" She wondered if he would be alright with the couch and some blankets for his bed. She enjoyed it, so maybe he would too. "It's not all that lonely. It's better than living with the almighty parents to me." She giggled and watched the timer on the oven clock. "You sound kind of creepy." She teased him and grinned back at him. "I suppose we will see if your arrival is good or bad." She heard the alarm go off, so she picked up the oven mitts and opened it up. She grabbed the tray and placed it on the stove to cool for a moment. She then grabbed a plate for him and placed the salmon onto it. Setting things up on the table, she looked up to ask him something else. "What kind of drink would you like?" she opened her fridge and showed him the options.

Tsukino Akuneko

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
DMGINC

Michael Fukuimoto

Michael grinned when Ada teased him. Oooh.. A sarcastic one, huh? Two can play at that game. "Me, sound creepy? No!" Michael dramatically slammed a hand on his heart, another across his forehead, and fell to his knees, eyes closed. "You wound me, madame! Truly!" Michael grinned and jumped back up when he saw Ada pull the salmon out of the oven. His ears twitched and his mouth watered just at the smell of the food. He was so into the salmon, he almost didn't hear Ada's next question. "Oh, a drink?" He thought about it for a moment, and he saw one bottle of wine. He had never tasted wine either, but he has heard it was quite good with salmon. "Oh, how about some wine?"

OoC: ....

Benevolent Phantom

User Image

Ada giggled when he became dramatic with her. Maybe things would be more lively with him around. She grabbed the wine bottle from the fridge and opened up one of the cupboards. She stood on her toes and tried to reach for the wine glasses. She was unable to reach it and rested her feet back on the ground. She turned shyly towards him and smiled nervously. "Do you think you can reach one of those?" She laughed awkwardly and backed away to give him room.

Tsukino Akuneko

Divine Detective

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
DMGINC

Michael Fukuimoto

Michael grinned as Ada asked him to reach for the wine bottles. "I thought you'd never ask." As Michael reached up to grab the wine glasses, his tail emerged from under his shirt, revealing itself to Ada. As Michael turned back to Ada, he saw that Ada was looking behind him. His face suddenly showed fear. Crap, is it...? He looked behind him, and sure enough, his tail was in plain sight.

OoC: It's time to reveal Michael's true identity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff