Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Codger

User Image

User Image

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

I am in this area right now: Island shores, near the hidden land~
I am currently enjoying the company of: Marabelle~
My thoughts on the current situation are: ' I'm going to the hidden land one way or another, and there's nothing that anyone can do to stop me!'

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

❁ ❁【 As shocked as Nymeria had been at being discovered so suddenly, believing the other individual was one of the elders coming to give her punishment for doing what she wasn’t supposed to. Thankfully, it seemed her panic was for naught when she saw that it was only Marabelle, and she wasted no time in greeting her fellow clan-mate and expressing her relief that she wasn’t an elder. She listened as Marabelle spoke, saying that she had thought similar when she had heard the tigress approaching the edge of the forest earlier, at least the bit about the elders. Nymeria chuckled softly at that, her tail swishing languidly behind her. " Oh no no no, I can assure you right now that it’s just me~ Very few elders venture out here anyways,” she answered with a grin, " Sorry if that freaked you out a little, though. To be fair, I honestly wasn’t expecting you to be out here either, I thought you’d been a completely different person when I caught sight of ya in that tree~” Her eyes roamed over towards the tree in particular that she had seen Marabelle perched on, making a thorough scan of the forest edge as she did so. Seemed that they were the only two out here, that was good… They were probably just lucky that none of the other tribe members had come out this far yet, otherwise they would’ve been in a lot of trouble by now.
She then turned her attention back to Marabelle, reciprocating the wolfess’s question about why she was out here. Nymeria tilted her head slightly as Mara said that she was one of the ones who was assigned on patrol, saying that she had a bit more right to be here. Nonetheless, Nymeria would give her own reasons as well, but at the same time she had reason to not tell Marabelle her intentions either. So she proposed a deal, she’d tell the wolfess why she was out in, and in return, neither of them would tell on each other to the elders. Marabelle laughed a bit, saying that why Nym thought she would rat her out was funny, that the reason she had stopped hanging around most of the other tribe members was so that they wouldn’t be able to tell on her. " That’s why I always go out alone, so that no one has any excuse to rat me out~ After all, you can’t get into trouble if no one knows what you did, right?” the tigress replied with a grin, a sly gleam in her eyes as she spoke. She gave a pleased nod when Marabelle agreed to the deal, her ears flicking around as the wolfess then went on to ask the same question regarding why the tigress was out here. Everyone who knew Marabelle remembered full well that she was the troublemaker, since she was often the one who was caught doing things that the elders deemed inappropriate, though she believed the huntress was one of the ones who listened. Now it was Nymeria’s turn to laugh, the tigress chuckling softly as her tail swished around her with her movements. " Now you see, Mara, this is one of those times where ya come to learn that you don’t know others as well as you think ya do, and I’m certainly one of those people~” she stated with a wide grin on her face, " Sure I do listen sometimes, but I tend to listen more to my curiosity and adventure sense than I do the elders’ orders~ Unlike Iblis or the other elders and senior members, I have my own aspirations that more or less don’t need me to be tethered to the tribe’s ideals, you could say that I’m more of a free spirit, I guess~”
As she then considered how to answer Marabelle’s real question, Nymeria’s eyes averted from the wolfess as she gazed in the direction of the hidden land, seeing more of the muddy shores starting to show through as the water continued to recede. " As for why I’m out here… Well, you might think that I’m crazy or something if I told you… But, I want to travel to the hidden land,” she said, confidence clear in her voice as she looked back to Marabelle. " The hidden land has always been something I was fascinated by, ever since I was a child. The stories that were told about it, how it’s covered up by water almost all of the time… The mystery behind it, the adventures and discoveries that await on the other side… Don’t you ever wonder sometimes what’s out there in that great, mysterious beyond?” she asked, gesturing out towards the hidden land as she spoke, " The elders say that it’s dangerous, and that we’re better off staying where we are, but times are changing… What do they know about what’s over there if they have yet to see it for themselves?” She gave the wolfess a soft smile at that, then sighed and shook her head. " They always tell me that they don’t want me going out there, that I’ll get hurt or won’t ever be able to find my way back… I mean, I understand that they’re concerned for me and the others in the tribe, I just wish they wouldn’t treat me like a child…” she continued, looking back to Marabelle as her expression slowly hardened, " So either way, I’m going to go explore the hidden land one way or another. You can try to stop me if you want, Mara, but there’s nothing you or anyone else can say that will make me change my mind.” She had explored just about every corner of this island in the past several years, there was practically nothing left here that would satisfy her endless curiosity now that she had seen everything the land here had to offer and had made nearly every possible discovery.
】❁ ❁

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

User Image
User Image

§Mathias De'Fortunate§

Time was ticking away, and the watch he was wearing said it had been a while. At least he wasn't going to have to worry about his watch dying anytime soon, as it was a Timex Quarts, meaning the way it kept time was with a quartz crystal, so it had no battery. He had brought a canteen of water with him, and it was about half empty at this point. Stretching and stopping briefly, as he could see the island ahead of him. He didn't really know what to expect, but the island itself didn't look that much different from what he had seen from some of the islands that are scattered around the planet, so he guessed the geography wasn't too different. But he figured he had stood still for long enough and continued on walking.

So on Mathias went, forward, the water had receded enough that it wasn't really impeding him from walking at a steady rate so he was getting to the island faster than when he had left. By this point he could make out trees, and the sand, not just as colors but as things, and to his eyes he saw two figures on the beach, or around it, he couldn't really tell from where he was. Though he figured that he was more easily visible due to sticking out like a sore thumb on flat land surrounded by blue, while wearing a drastically different color, that being red. He wasn't sweating, but he felt like it was a tad hot out, and he contributed most of that to his hike out here. He felt like he probably should have taken a boat.

Friendly Shapeshifter

User Image

Where am I?~: Hidden land
    Who am I with?~: Nymeria and a strange figure
      What am I doing?~: Watching, waiting

Marabelle agreed with Nymeria about the elders not venturing this far. Normally if they did they would have a specific reason, which is why she hoped they didn't track the days of the hidden land. If they knew the water was going down it would be almost a guarantee that one of them would be out here. The fact that none of the elders were out there at this time, however, suggested that none of them knew about the water. "Surely if they were coming they would be here by now anyways, no?" She asked, though wasn't exactly expecting a response. She wasn't sure if she was actually asking that or if she was trying to reassure Nymeria about it, though she didn't really care either way.

Mar gave Nymeria a curious look as the feline spoke again, stating that she went alone for the same reason as Marabelle. Mar, having thought she was the only loner of their tribe, was rather shocked by this statement. "If that's true then how come everyone only thinks of me as the trouble maker? Surely in order to know that you can't trust others you must have been betrayed as well?" She asked curiously. She wanted to know if Nymeria had just learned from Mars experience, or if she had something a little bit lower key then Mar happen. It truly could be either one, but if she learned from Mar's experience, then who else in the tribe did the same thing? Had she started her own little band of misfit troublemakers without knowing it? The thought appealed to her greatly.

Marabelle snapped out of her thoughts as Nymeria spoke again of the hidden land. She looked at her and watched the feline's gaze move towards the water and then to the open past it. Her own eyes followed and she listened to the tigress speak. Her ears twitched back slightly, listening to her surroundings as she smiled and snorted slightly. "I've always wondered what was out there. I've been trying to find more my whole life. That's why I'm the 'problem child'. I'm the person who wants to experience everything for herself, and the elders are scared of it." She said, still staring into the distance. "I would never, ever stop someone else from the same thing. Heck, I'd probably join you." She said, though suddenly she froze.

In the distance a figure was moving. Mar had been staring into the distance for so long that she had hardly even notice the figure appear, but now it was rather evident that something, or someone, was there. Mar held up her hand towards Nymeria, then tilted her head towards the figure. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but when she had come to the tree this morning she knew she hadn't expected this. Someone was moving towards them, and by the looks of where they were coming from it had to be from the great beyond. "It looks like we may not have to leave our island to explore." She said under her breath.

User Image

Devoted Codger

User Image

User Image

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

I am in this area right now: Coast, near the hidden land~
I am currently enjoying the company of: Marabelle and this stranger~
My thoughts on the current situation are: ' Well... this is interesting and unexpected... How should we go about handling this situation?'

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

❁ ❁【 Nymeria’s gaze remained primarily on Marabelle as the two conversed with each other, occasionally glancing back towards the forest’s edge in case someone else happened to be coming this way. So far, no one else had shown up, so it was just herself and Marabelle out here. That was a good sign, the last thing Nymeria needed was getting an earful from the elders and possibly being forbidden from venturing out here again. Even still, it wasn’t like she was going to let anything like that stop her from doing what she wanted. The hidden land called out to her, a treasure trove of mysteries and riches just waiting to be discovered… Focusing on the conversation at hand, she gave a small smile when Marabelle seemed to agree on her comment stating the fact that very few elders ventured out to these parts anyways. And if they did, they usually came out here for a specific reason, perhaps to keep an eye on the waters around the hidden land or something of the sort… Surely they would send one out here if they had any knowledge that the waters around the hidden land were receding. The fact that Nymeria had yet to see a single elder since she had come out here was reassuring at the very least, otherwise she and Marabelle likely wouldn’t even be allowed to be out here like they were right now. She tilted her head a bit at the wolfess’s question about if the elders were indeed coming that they would be here by now. " Maybe… But I haven’t seen any of them yet, so it might be safe to assume that they aren’t coming,” she answered with a shrug, casting another wary glance towards the tree line before returning her gaze back to Marabelle.
The wolfess seemed curious as Nymeria went on to state her reasons for being here, the feline’s grin growing wider as Marabelle’s curiosity turned into shock. Her ears flicked slightly as Marabelle asked that if that was true, then how come she was the one that everyone labeled as the troublemaker, and if Nymeria had been betrayed as well if she knew not to trust others. A thoughtful expression crossed the tigress’s face for a moment, before she chuckled. " That’s probably because you need to be more subtle about it, Mara~ It sounds like whenever you get into trouble, just about everyone knows about it,” she commented with a slight shrug, " I guess you could say that maybe I learned from your experiences… Or that as a hunter, I can go off on my own whenever I wish, or maybe even a combination of both~ Either way, I always come out alone because I can hunt well enough by myself, so that means I can come out here to do some exploring and no one’s any the wiser about it~” Besides, knowing that just about everyone else in the tribe were primarily sticklers to the elders’ ideals, Nymeria knew better than to bring out someone else with her. She, for one, knew to keep her secrets and promises where it was due, and she had the sense to know that not everyone was able to do the same. It wasn’t that she didn’t trust them… She trusted her clan-mates with her life, and would give her own in return for them, but she knew that most of them would rat her out to the elders in a heartbeat if they knew what she was doing behind their backs.
When Marabelle then asked the question that she had asked before, Nymeria was more than happy to supply her with an answer now that they had made a pact to not tell on each other. She told the wolfess of her dreams to explore the hidden land, to discover what awaited in that mysterious beyond, and maybe even learn a thing or two about the inhabitants if there were any. The hidden land had always been an enigma to her ever since she was a child, an enigma that she wanted to solve and complete through and through. The elders always told her to stay away, that it was dangerous to go there… but she didn’t care in the slightest. Her boundless curiosity and aptitude for learning always drove her to do the impossible, to experience everything that this world had to offer and live life to its fullest. They might try to stop her, but she guaranteed that there was nothing that anyone could do or say that would make her change her mind. Once she had her heart set on something, it was near impossible to make her think otherwise. Her ears flicked back and forth, taking in the sounds of the surroundings as she gazed towards the hidden land. She caught Marabelle’s smile out of the corner of her eye, heard the wolfess give a soft snort before she spoke. Mara said that she too had always wondered what was out beyond that unknown territory, that she had been trying to find more her entire life. That was why everyone else considered her to be the problem child, because she was the kind of individual who wanted to experience everything for herself, and the elders didn’t approve of it one bit. Nymeria couldn’t help but beam at that, feeling that she had found a kindred spirit in Marabelle. They both shared the same aspirations, and wanted to experience the world and what it had to offer for them rather than be isolated on this island for the rest of their lives.
Her smile widened even further as Marabelle went on to say that she would never stop anyone who wanted to do the same thing, and that she’d probably even join Nymeria in her quest to explore the hidden land. " Really? Well, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with having company~” Nym replied with a nod, her eyes twinkling with giddiness and delight as she glanced sideways to Marabelle, " Maybe we can even become partners~” However, she noticed the wolfess freeze up, and was instantly on alert as she looked around, thinking that someone else, perhaps even an elder, was coming their way. She noticed Marabelle holding a hand up towards her, and followed the wolfess’s eyes as she caught sight of the strange figure nearing their shores. What surprised Nymeria even more was the fact that the figure was coming towards them from the direction of the hidden land! Her eyes went wide with delight and fascination, she certainly hadn’t expected to see something like this when she came out here to do her usual exploration today. Squinting her eyes slightly, she could see that the stranger was wearing clothing, some sort of red color from the looks of it because they stood out like a sore thumb amid the muddy background of the shore. The individual seemed primarily hairless, and had no sort of ears, tail, or other animalistic feature to show, the only fur that was present was the hair on the top of its head. She had never seen anything like this before… maybe it was some new breed of anthro? " What do you think it is, Mara?” she asked, glancing towards the wolfess with a contemplative expression on her face before looking back to the figure approaching them, " What should we do?” She was full of a mix of emotions at the sight of this new being, primarily delight and curiosity at what this strange entity was. At the same time, she wasn’t quite sure of what they should do… It was approaching them from the looks of it… Maybe it was lost? Or… was it possible that the stranger had come here of their own accord? Glancing back towards the figure, Nymeria raised a hand, smiling and waving at them as they came onto their shores. Maybe it would be the best approach if they were to be friendly and welcoming to the stranger, though something in the back of the tigress’s mind said that the elders would not be the least bit happy if they were to see this right now.
】❁ ❁

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

User Image

Lonely Man-Lover

User Image
☁ ☁ ɭȋεғ ώȋɳʠ ☁ ☁

⋄ The flowers,

XXXXXXXXXXXXThey whisper to me,

XXXXXXXXXXXX They tell me you are to die,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Hah just kidding,

XXXXXXXXXXXX About you dying.

⋗ Where are you lȋεғ? : Near a beautiful lake.

⋗What are you doing lȋεғ?: Taking the flowers back to the tribe.

⋗Are you with anyone lȋεғ?: Zaryk.

Thoughts ran through Lief's mind as the leopard spoke, so others could hear things from the flora around them, it mean't he wasn't crazy right? It could be a figure of speech though. He squashed his own hope as soon as it blossomed, no one could really hear things from the woods, except him of course. He was special and that is why no one liked him, he had to believe that. Though his new company wasn't far off, the flowers whispered of more then rainbows and flowers that reached the sky, but they spoke of new species to discover, ones without fur. Lief mentally snickered, shaved animals walking around what hilarity. The more he heard the leopards voice the more it reminded him of a elder, he spoke so civil and so fancy. He was almost jealous of the others strange charm he had around his words, though he knew jealousy was never a good thing to hold. The breeze he had felt earlier seemed to be picking up, he could smell all sort of odd aromas in the air, he tried to keep his eyes on his companion but his mind wondered where all the scents were coming from.

The wolves face turned into a bright smile as his thoughts were broken as his paw was brought up to the leopards lips and kissed, obviously the other was a very mature male. As his hand was let go he put it back onto his basket his face still smiling bright. Though the words Zaryk spoke made his heart sink, the other was tribe-less, did that mean he was kicked out due to violence or did it mean he left? None of the elders had ever explained that to lief, a feeling of dread started to fill the wolf though quickly it went away as curiosity decided to peak and Lief tilted his head letting his ears droop to the side. " Zaryk, what a unique name, I like it. The wolf kept his head tilted and a smile appeared on his face once again. " So you are tribe-less, what does that mean?" Lief's ignorance might get him in trouble but, he didn't think he had to ask if he could ask in this sense. He straightened his head back up his ears perking up and once again being at attention, though his tailed swayed back and fourth still showing his curiosity.

As he continued swaying his tail a whispering came back to his ears speaking to him. It said to get to the shore, to let his curiosity swirl. Then his tail stopped and his eyes went wide he looked over towards where the breeze had been coming. We have a visitor. Lief quickly looked back towards Zaryk, trying to think of what to say to break from his company to investigate. His eyes then went down to his basket, he growled at it. Crap, you got to be kidding me, I need to get these back to the village. His eyes went back up the leopards body to his eyes. The wolf gave a apologetic look to him before speaking. "I really really, appreciate you coming over to talk with me Zaryk, but I need to get these back to the tribe before I get in trouble, but.." Lief moved his thumbs around one another and looked away from Zaryk letting out a awkward laugh. He could feel his skin starting to heat up, asking people to accompany him was embarrassing. " You know, I mean.. If you want... I like company... People might pick on you." Lief fumbled with his words not knowing if his words got out correctly, he tilted his head and continued to try to get his message to be understood. His words came out whispered and not closely to coherent, he growled at himself then took a step back knowing he needed to leave as soon as he could.

"WILL YOU ACCOMPANY ME!!!" The wolf howled this out and then turned away, making soft little yapping noises, feeling extremely awkward, he didn't mean to yell it out. The awkwardness came because he just couldn't figure out how to say what he wanted. He really needed to practice on his subtly. He looked out of the corner of his eyes as he faced the other direction. He let out a sigh and his ears dropped to the side as he looked at the grass. Any onlookers would think the Zaryk had been yelling at him being how pitiful he looked. " I'll understand if you don't want to." Lief let out a defeated sigh his paws gripping the basket tightly, he decided he might as well just start walking back to the tribe, he knew that the other might not come due to Lief being awkward, or the fact he was tribe-less, either way Lief had a large doubt in his mind he would have company on his way to take the flowers back. His tail fell between his legs as he walked the whispering from his flowers had stopped, he felt so alone.

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±± : . : ± :
User Image

§Mathias De'Fortunate§

Reaching the beach was less of a task than actually crossing the main part of the water, and he was wet from head to toe as at one part he had to swim. The two figures were still on the beach as he finally stepped on dry land, and to be honest he was tired. They didn't look human from what he could tell and though he was excited to see the Anthros, he couldn't bring himself to feel such emotions, as he was exhausted from the walk. He walked up the beach some, and the sat down, taking a deep breath as he sat there to regain himself.

Reaching into his messenger bag he pulled out the canteen he had brought with him and thankfully, there was still two sips worth of water in it, which he promptly drank. He was looking out over the water, and from here, things looked much more peaceful than things from back where he came from. He thought of where he came from to here, and in comparison here was much more, relaxed, peaceful, tranquil, pure. He took a deep breath, letting out a sigh of relief as he sat there, the world around him more beautiful to him than what he remembered. What had he been doing with himself before this?

Friendly Shapeshifter

User Image

Marabelle had missed the last bit of whatever Nymeria had been saying. She knew it had to do with traveling over the hidden land, but her eyes had been trained on the figure that was approaching them. All of her senses moved to focus on that one being, as she had never expected to see anyone and her mind was spinning tried to wrap itself around this. If it weren't for Nymeria speaking up, Mar might have been stuck there just staring at the person. "I don't know, and I have no clue." She said, shaking her head slowly as she watched.

As the figure became less of a figure and more of a being Marabelle could see that the being didn't have fur, at least not all over it. It didn't have a tail either. She didn't know what this thing was, but it walked like them. She wondered if it talked like them. Her curiosity and her sense of possible danger were fighting each other as she stood there. At one point her hand moved out towards Nymeria, as if she might grab the white tigress and run, but her hand dropped mid reach as her mind went back into its battle.

It was at the point that the being dropped on the beach that Marabelle finally found her voice once more. "Who are you?" She whispered softly, almost inaudibly. She then cleared her throat and asked once more, "Who are you?" This time louder and clearer. She could tell that this person was in no condition to fight them, so she didn't feel danger anymore. Her curiosity was taking over. She glanced towards Nymeria for a moment and then looked back at the being.

User Image

((I know it's not the best, but it's what I can dish out when I've been sick all day.))

Devoted Codger

User Image

User Image

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

I am currently enjoying the company of: Marabelle and this mysterious stranger... O.o
My thoughts on the current situation are: ' Who is this stranger? Why is he here? Why do his clothes feel so weird?'

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

❁ ❁【 The conversation concerning their going to the hidden land slowly died down as Nymeria spotted the figure approaching their shores when Marabelle pointed it out. The tigress’s senses immediately went on the defensive, her gaze remaining focused on the strange figure coming their way. They couldn’t be too sure of if it was friendly or not, though from what she could see, whoever it was didn’t seem to carry any visible weapons on them. She could see Marabelle was just as transfixed by this unexpected sight as she was, though she broke from her assumed trance when the tigress asked what she thought it was and what they should do. Her curiosity was telling her to go right over to them and find out everything there was to know about this stranger, but at the same time her hunter senses were warning her to keep her distance. They couldn’t be sure if this new being was a threat or not yet… It seemed Marabelle was just as clueless as she was, and figured that they’d try to handle this as best as they could between the two of them. As the figure came more and more into view, Nymeria couldn’t help but notice how shockingly… different the individual looked in comparison to them. It looked to be primarily hairless, the only ‘fur’ present on its entire body being the thick-looking tufts that crowned its head… It possessed no other kind of anatomical parts that were distinctly animal, no furry ears or tail… Even its clothes looked completely different from what they wore in the tribe… It looked almost… alien compared to them…
Despite the differences in physical appearance, the strange being walked like them… maybe it spoke the same language as they did? Nymeria knew that under normal circumstances, she would’ve grabbed Marabelle and hauled a** out of there to report this to the others by now. But her growing intrigue regarding this strange being who seemed to have just come onto their shores out of the blue was overriding any common sense that she had in her right now. She caught sight of Marabelle’s hand moving towards her, as if to signal for them to run, but the wolfess seemed just as curious of the strange being as Nym was. They had no idea of what it was, and very little clue of how to approach it… Nymeria felt that perhaps if they put on a positive front and acted friendly in general, then perhaps this strange being would see no reason to threaten them if it was indeed carrying weapons. She could see that the stranger had noticed them, but made no move to approach closer to them. Instead, it sat down upon the beach, drinking out of what she assumed was some sort of waterskin, though it looked like it was made out of some sort of metal instead… It looked tired… With this fact in mind, Nymeria relaxed slightly now that she was certain that the strange being was of no threat to them. She cautiously moved closer towards the stranger, her ears flicking as she saw Marabelle saying something under her breath. The wolfess then cleared her throat and spoke louder, asking the being who they were, the question that was clearly on both of their minds right now. Nymeria exchanged glances with Marabelle as she moved a bit closer towards the being, noting the curiosity glistening in the wolfess’s blue orbs.
Well, they could definitely deem that this stranger was not a threat… though the tigress’s eyes wandered over as she eyed the bag it carried. From what she could see, the stranger was of the male gender, and seemed to have come alone. ” What are you?” Nymeria inquired, adding on to Marabelle’s question in hopes of being able to learn more about this foreigner who had crossed over into their lands, ” Are you lost?” Unable to restrain herself any longer, the tigress slowly reached a hand out, gently brushing her fingers against the material of his clothing as her eyes sparkled with delight and inquiry. It certainly didn’t feel like anything she recognized… what on earth was this stuff? She had no idea, and her curiosity was pushing her to find answers…
】❁ ❁

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

User Image
User Image

§Mathias De'Fortunate§

The two Anthros were relatively close to him, though one actually stepped towards him, and he knew, that if they meant him harm he would probably already be dead. The more feline one had gotten closer to him, asked a couple questions then proceeded to touch his clothing, and looked quite surprised at the feel of it. Turning around to look at them, he gave a calm smile, "my name is Mathias, I came here on purpose and I've heard a lot of stories, though more so read a lot of stories of your kind. I come here in peace, to learn for your kind. As for what I am, I am a human, and I ask that you give me a chance before running in fear. A lot has changed in the human world, and you have nothing to fear from us, at least I don't believe you do."

He talked in a calm tone, and kept himself as nonthreatening as possible, as he didn't move other than to turn to look at the two whom were here. He could tell they were female, one looking more feline, and one more canine. Mathias wasn't sure how they would react to him, or even if they would freak out at him being human, but certainly there wasn't anything he was going to be able to do about it. He knew right now that he might just be killed on the spot, as in the past, humans had waged war with them, murdered a lot of their kind, and forced them off their land, but that wasn't just to Anthros. Humans had done that to themselves many times in the past. However for now, he could not do anything beyond see what would happen...

Loyal Wolf

Zaryk Marx

User Image
·÷±‡±±‡±÷·

A cool breeze
May wash upon thy fur
but non thy less
Should I look past this cure
·÷±‡±±‡±÷·

Zaryk looked at the mail and his ears pulled back. He didn't like the idea of returning to a place where the others did not like him. It had been an insult to his name and he despised the idea of elders. He shook out his fur and gave a huff. "I feel as if I could follow you there, but as of entering the village, that is a no." he spoke lightly as he moved to follow the younger canine.

Zaryk didn't want to go back, as the village was a walk away from his home now. Though something caught his attention. A scent of something different on the wind. Not a creature he knew very well, yet he had encountered it before. He brushed a hand through his thick fur as he turned to the beach. The smell of sea salt had diminished and that unknown scent was there, lingering.

·÷±‡±±‡±÷·
·÷±‡±±‡±÷·

Lonely Man-Lover

User Image
☁ ☁ ɭȋεғ ώȋɳʠ ☁ ☁

⋄ The flowers,

XXXXXXXXXXXXThey whisper to me,

XXXXXXXXXXXX They tell me you are to die,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Hah just kidding,

XXXXXXXXXXXX About you dying.

⋗ Where are you lȋεғ? : Just outside the tribe village.

⋗What are you doing lȋεғ?: Waiting to see if Zaryk came.

⋗Are you with anyone lȋεғ?: Not sure.

Emptiness ran through Lief's mind as he continued walking too embarrassed to look back to see if Zaryk had decided to follow him or not. His ears stayed drooped unease slowly creeping into his mind, he didn't think the other wanted to follow him, being tribe-less and all. Even if Zaryk had spoken he wouldn't have heard since he was so deep into his own worry's over the leopard. The wolf sped up, then came to a complete stop a new scent filtering into his nasal passage, he turned seeing that Zaryk had stopped as well, the scent was new, unknown, special. Lief growled some, he hated having responsibilities, he could bet that the hunters or patrol members could go check it out. He turned back towards the village and sighed. Well, the smell is more important then this, but Zaryk will probably go check it out. The wolf started back up towards the village his pace picking up and himself speeding off, he didn't believe Zaryk would follow him at this point so he made himself run, he wanted to get back to the village soon.

The trees whipped by him as he sped all of it seeming to become a blur, his basket tightly held beside him so that the flowers wouldn't fall out. It seemed like a while before he finally got close to the tribe, he slowed down catching his breathe and stretching. He glanced back to see if Zaryk followed him. " If you followed me, i'll be back." He realized he could just be talking to the air being that his new companion might had not followed him. He looked back towards the village and started in looking around at all the other anthros as they walked around. He then started to look at the ground trying to smell out his friend, he didn't know where he would be, but he knew that he would still be in town. Once he caught the scent of his leader he looked up and waved him down. " Hey you, I got a basket full." Lief more or less skipped over to the other male and handed him the basket of flowers. The other patted him on the head and told him he was now relieved to do whatever he wished. Lief grinned, it mean't he could leave out of the village.

He started out of the village and sat on a rock looking around the woods boarding it, he wondered if Zaryk had actually stayed around or not. He looked back into Iblis tent, she looked like she was cooking something, hmm, what a tiring job that would be, to take care of everyone. He shrugged and looked back out into the woods. He didn't speak too loud but he did speak. " If you are out there give me a sign. "

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±± : . : ± :

Friendly Shapeshifter

User Image

Marabelle watched the figure, listening as Nymeria approached it and started to speak. She was transfixed, but that didn't stop her from noticing the white tigress moving towards the person and touching his clothes. She was curious as well, wanted to do the same, but something kept her from doing that. She stood there, instead, waiting for answers. She wasn't too sure what she expected, but at this point just about anything would catch her off guard.

It was when the person started to speak that Marabelle smiled softly. "Well, Mathias is it? Well Mathias, you have to be playing some sort of joke. Humans are made up, they're just what the elders tell to the younger ones to keep them from trying to venture off." She said, chuckling again and turning her back towards the human. She wasn't sure if she believed him or what she had just said. She knew that if he was telling the truth then she had been stupid in not believing the elders, but that also meant that the elders weren't just some stupid old beings trying to keep everyone from having fun. She turned back towards the person once more. "Did the elders put you up to this? Did they shave you? Did they hurt you?" She asked.

Marabelle was just trying to make sense out of what was going on. How could she believe that something that had only been a fairytale to her for so long was actually true? That would change everything that she knew. She thought the elders had made everything up to keep them from expanding into new territory, but if they were telling the truth then that new world out there was dangerous. She couldn't believe that was true, but at the same time.. "Human huh? Well I think that makes me a fish's cousin." She laughed some and started to walk away from the beach, turning back about halfway to the trees and looking towards the hidden land. "There's nothing really out there, is there? Just more of us. Probably why the elders don't want us leaving. If we find out that there are just more of us, some naked, then we'd just end up not listening to them anymore." She shook her head.

After a moment Marabelle looked directly at the human once more. "Well Mathias, I'm Marabelle. Welcome to our tribe. I'm sure you're elders and our elders worked out something with you and that our elders will be expecting you. Of course, if they want to keep a ruse they wont admit it." She said, though she continued to eye him, wondering if he was telling the truth and if she had just made a HUGE fool out of herself.

User Image

Devoted Codger

User Image

User Image

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

I am currently enjoying the company of: Marabelle and Mathias~
My thoughts on the current situation are: ' I wonder what the others will think of him...'

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

❁ ❁【 Nymeria was mostly transfixed on trying to figure out what sort of material the strange being’s clothing was made out of. But she kept her ears open as he spoke in a masculine tone of voice, thus solidifying her thoughts that the stranger was indeed male. He introduced himself as Mathias, to which the white tigress smiled as she brought her attention away from his clothes to look up at his face. ” Nice to meet you, Mathias~” she answered politely with a nod, continuing to listen as he spoke. Her eyes widened slightly as he said that he had actually come here of his own accord, and that he’d heard and read stories about their kind. He said that he came here in peace, because he wished to learn more about their kind. He said that he was a human, and asked that they give him a chance before running off in fear. He added that a lot has changed in the human world since then, and that they had nothing to fear from them. At least, that was what Mathias believed. Marabelle spoke up, saying that Mathias had to be playing some sort of trick on them, that humans were just made up in stories that the elders told them to keep them from venturing off. Nymeria glanced back towards the wolfess, then back to Mathias. She felt that he was surely telling the truth… but at the same time, it could be a ruse of some sort to lower their guards… Or maybe… it was some sort of test set up by the elders… Either sounded viable at this point in time. ” Well… if you really are… human, was it?” she started as she glanced towards Mathias again, ” Even if you are made up, I’ve always wanted to see what your kind looked like in the flesh… The elders often say that your kind are dangerous…”
However, when Marabelle spoke again, Nymeria had to admit that she brought up a good point. For all they knew, this ‘human’ was just another one of their kind, but possibly shaved and had their animalistic appendages removed somehow… However, as the tigress sniffed at the air around Mathias, she could not pick up any sort of animalistic scent that would’ve otherwise told her that he was indeed one of them. Maybe he was truly a human… though from what she could hear, Marabelle still didn’t entirely believe it. ” Are you sure about that, Mara? I mean… he doesn’t smell like one of us… He doesn’t seem to have any wounds or anything that would’ve indicated the presence of animalistic appendages previously…” she interjected, continuing to eye Mathias up and down before turning her gaze to Marabelle. Maybe her mind was still trying to figure out what was real and what wasn’t, and that she was just making a fool out of herself. After believing for the longest time that humans were mere figments of myths and legends, it was almost hard to believe seeing one for real. Mathias certainly felt real enough though… otherwise her hands likely would’ve just passed through him when she had touched his clothing. The evidence that was being presented to her made it all the more believable that this was happening for real, that she wasn’t dreaming… She gave a small smile as Marabelle introduced herself, and said that if the human elders and their own elders had worked something out, then surely they were expecting to see Mathias. Though it could be possible that it was a ruse, and that the elders wouldn’t admit to it otherwise. ” I’m Nymeria~ I’m sure the others would be willing to meet you, and I’m sure you’d like to come and see our village, right?” she asked, straightening herself as she stood back up. A smile on her face, she kindly offered a hand to help Mathias up. However, her eyes roamed back over to the bag at his side. ” You’re positive that you’re unarmed… right?” she asked, the question springing unbidden from her lips before she could stop it. She didn’t mean to be rude or anything, but she just wanted to make sure that she wouldn’t be getting her hand cut off or anything of the sort anytime soon.
】❁ ❁

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

User Image

Devoted Codger

User Image

User Image

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

Seeking me out? Come look for me here: Village.
I am currently tolerating the company of: Trisyna.
What I think of this right now is: ' That scent... I feel as though I know what it is...'

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

♋ ♋【 Iblis continued to tend to her cooking, occasionally throwing another piece of wood or two onto the fire to keep it going while the stew was boiling. She checked the spiced venison that was cooking on the spit along with the stew, testing it with a sharpened poker to determine if it was finished or not. It looked done for the most part, and Iblis used the poker to quickly take the hunks off of the spit before they got cooked too much and got burnt or tough. She placed the meat down onto the hewn tree stump to let it rest for a few minutes, knowing that if she cut into them too soon, the juices within would spill out and be lost, along most of the flavor. While she waited for the meat to rest, she turned her undivided attention to the dough, figuring that it had been given enough time and was ready to be kneaded. Dusting some flour onto her hands to prevent the dough from sticking, Iblis began rolling and pulling at it with her hands, feeling the soft, sticky texture beneath her fingers as she kneaded away. Her eyes drifted upwards momentarily, smiling softly when she saw one of her fellow clan-mates, Lief Wind, returning to the village with his basket, no doubt full of herbs and other plants that were needed for medicines. The boy was an interesting one to say the least… he said that he could hear the flowers speaking to him, telling him things… Iblis never really questioned it, believing that it was his own way of staying connected with the Earth and the natural realm around them. Still, she often wondered what it was that the plants spoke to him about… what sort of stories they told him… Perhaps she’d ask him one of these days… for now, she’d focus on her cooking.
She continued kneading at the dough, pressing it hard beneath her paws as she began shaping it to fit the pans that contained it. Once she was pleased with the look of the dough, it was about time to place the pans over the flames to let the bread rise and cook. But first, she figured she’d cut up that meat and add it to the stew… As she turned to check the meat and start cutting away at it, she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. She glanced over just in time to catch a glimpse of familiar grey-striped fur before it disappeared behind the hut nearby. Iblis smirked slightly, turning around to fully face the hut that the fur had fled behind. ” I know you’re there, Tris. Come on out,” she called out to them in a calm but authorative manner, her eyes never wavering from the spot. A few moments passed, until the slim figure of a young badger anthro made herself known as she came out from around the hut, hesitantly approaching the fennec fox with her light blue gaze turned downwards like a kicked puppy.
” I… I just wanted to watch you cook, Ibby… Am I in trouble?” inquired the young badger, Trisyna, as she folded her arms behind her back, looking up at Iblis in a semi-innocent semi-pleading look. Iblis chuckled softly, bending down closer as she smiled tiredly to Tris. ” Of course you aren’t, Tris, though I’m more than certain you just want to watch so that you can have first share of the honey bread when it’s done,” she responded in a soft, warm tone, giving a soft laugh, ” I’d hug you right now, but as you can see, my paws aren’t exactly clean.” Trisyna gave a small smile and a giggle in return. ” Mayyybe~” she said as innocently as possible, reaching up and wrapping her arms around Iblis’s neck to hug her instead. The fennec fox smiled at that, settling instead for reaching around to pat the badger girl’s back with her tail. She stood back up as Tris let go of her, and gestured towards the fire. ” Well, since you’re here now, Tris, why don’t you help me out?” she asked, figuring that a helping hand would be useful and get this finished faster, ” I’d like for you to place those clay pans of dough onto the fire so the bread can start cooking and rise while I finish preparing the stew. I promise you’ll get a nice big share of honey bread after for helping.” She didn’t usually like showing favoritism among the children, but Trisyna was one of the ones who loved helping her out when she needed it. The badger girl’s eyes sparkled with childish delight at the idea of getting a bigger share of the honey bread, and was more than eager to earn it however she could. ” Sure, I’ll help out, Ibby~” she chimed with a wide smile on her face, moving over to pick up the pans and put them onto the spit.
” So sweet…” Iblis thought to herself with a chuckle, dusting the flour off of her paws as she started on chopping up the venison into decently sized cube-like pieces. Trisnya knew full well of what she was doing, the fennec fox knew that she didn’t have to worry about the child spilling anything or accidentally burning herself by not being too careful. The badger girl had helped her out with cooking many times before, and was always of great help whenever she lent a hand. Once the venison was all cut up, Iblis deposited the chunks into the stew pot, giving it a stir with the wooden spoon before sticking in the thick, meaty deer bone she had brought along. The meat from the bone would serve to thicken the soup and make it much more filling, which was good since this was meant to feed a lot of individuals, including the children. As she stirred the pot some more, she paused briefly as she glanced up, her nose picking up a strange, but oddly familiar scent drifting in from the direction of the far shore. It was a bit difficult to make out among the smells of the meaty stew and the slowly baking bread, but she could smell it nonetheless…
】♋ ♋

☆═━┈✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧┈━═☆

User Image
User Image

§Mathias De'Fortunate§

Mathias took her hand and got himself up onto his feet. "I have a knife on me, but its a tool knife more than a weapon, I can hand it to you if you want" he spoke in a calm tone. He thought for a second, he didn't think they believed him that he was human, and probably from what he understood, the elders wouldn't be so happy to see him. "Umm, I don't think I'll go to your village, as your elders wouldn't be too pleased to see me due to what happened in the past, I'm sure your elders remember it, or would rather everyone forgot. I can tell you almost everything that happened back then, we humans write down everything that happens, though sometimes it takes a little digging to find out information on something..." he spoke calmly, placing a hand on the back of his head kinda looking a bit uncomfortable, but rather, he didn't know what else to say or do. There wasn't much more he could say in terms of him being human, as he wasn't sure how he could prove he was a human or that he wasn't an Anthro. "I'm not sure why you don't believe that I'm human, but if theres anything I can do to prove it, I will, as I don't intend to deceive you or make you feel as if you are being deceived... Though I don't know if there is anything I can do to sway your judgement..." he added to his previous statement. He could feel the seconds seeming to slow as he awaited what they would say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff