Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Shapeshifter

Backstory

Long ago on an ancient land their lived a tribe of Anthros (Otherwise known as Furries). They were all different species (Lions, Wolves, Bears. ect.), but they all got along. They had their quarks and differences as any society would have, but they had an understanding of who was to have which jobs and what all needed to be done. The balanced life that they had changed quickly, however, when suddenly some new beings came to the area. These beings didn’t have fur all over, ears (that were visible anyway), or even a tail. They also spoke in a weird accent that was sometimes hard to understand. The Anthros didn’t understand what to do with them, but after some discussion they decided to allow these new beings to stick around as long as they listened to the tribal rules.

After a while, more of these beings (they called themselves humans) came along. The Anthros weren’t too pleased with this, but didn’t say anything at first. It wasn’t until the humans started messing with nature and disobeying the tribal rules that anything bad started to happen. The humans were killing the nature and ruining the environment, and the Anthros knew that they had to stop it. They had a meeting with the humans, who promised to stop, and everything was better for a couple more weeks, but the humans proved that they weren’t capable of stopping themselves from hurting nature, so a war broke out between the humans and furries.

The war lasted for what felt like years, but in reality was only about one year. The furries had been winning for the longest time, but the humans had come up with some clever tactics and had weapons that the tribe had deemed unnatural and weren’t allowed. These weapons shot things that hurt the furries and killed them instantly on most occasions or they would severely injure them. The furries didn’t know how to counter these weapons, and by the time they figured out what was going on, they were down in numbers.

By the time the war ended, both sides were dwindling in numbers. The furries fled from their homeland due to the fact that the humans that were left still had these weapons that could wipe out the rest of the Anthro tribe. The furries made their way across the land that only showed once every ten years (water rose above the land for the majority of time, but once every ten years the water went down). The furries avoided the land where they were born, living on this new land and trying to get used to it. They longed for the land that they lost, but the elders said that they were to never return.

Friendly Shapeshifter

Today's Story..

It has been many years since the wars between the anthro tribes and the humans. The furries that are around today have heard the stories about the past and the wars, but the furries have now put it off as a story that the elders put together to stop them from going across the land that never shows. Though the furries are pleased with the area they are in, they are starting to expand and some of the furries are curious enough that they may just cross the land that never shows when the water decreases within the next couple of days.

The humans that live on the ancient lands still have told the story through the generations as well, but in a different way. They tell it like a bed time story now, giving their kids confidence that they could beat anything that came their way and that they would always be able to protect them. Some of the humans realize that the stories were true, or at least had a possibility of being true, but most of the humans thought the stories were just fairy tales, and were not prepared for if the furries ever did truly show up.

The two worlds are about to collide again. How will the two sides react when they see each other? Their worlds are about to change. Will they accept the change and embrace it, or will they start another war in which neither will survive? Only seeing the story through will tell

Friendly Shapeshifter

Rules

I can change and add any rule as I see fit. (See 15 for more details)
          2. Follow Gaia rules, no exceptions.
          3. No godmodding. Don't control other people's characters! Most people think this is just dealing with fighting, but it deals with anything dealing that controls someone else's characters.
          4. This roleplay is set in modern times. With this being said everyone should know what kind of technology is available. However, when the humans go to the land where the furries live, the technology WILL NOT WORK. Things that are charged such as ipods, gameboys, and anything else that will work without internet or signal from a tower can work for a short period of time, but once the batteries are dead that is it. Cell phones don't have any signal. If you have any questions about this feel free to pm me
          5. This is a semi to lit roleplay. This means no one liners, txt tlk, and please use the best grammar that you can! I want a minimum of 5 sentences (This better be when you're having a block), though I would prefer to have a couple paragraphs worth of good post. Please don't write a novel for each post, however, I want a maximum of eight paragraphs per character (if you have two characters in one post you can go over the limit, just don't go crazy).
          6. Make your posts pretty please! I'm not expecting an extraordinary format, but I would like to see your character's name and picture on your posts. Feel free to add in colors as well, but if the color is so bright that I can't even read it, I will ask it to be changed. That goes the same for on the profiles as well!
          7. Violence and Romance is encouraged, but do not go overboard! If it gets gory, or clothes start coming off, for the love of Pete, PLEASE time skip or take it somewhere else. I do not wish to be banned.
          8. Swearing is something of delicacy. Not really. Swearing is allowed, I'm more then positive at least one of my characters will use cusses, but I don't want it to be a constant thing.
          9. There will be an OOC made, PLEASE use it. I will allow small OOC bits as long as that isn't the ONLY thing you put for your post. If you use OOC for whatever reason within the roleplay please use (( these )).
          10. This is the format I would like to see for posts:

Lacy went to the store to buy some fresh strawberries. She saw some but didn't care for the price. "Excuse me sir? This strawberry is bruised and the others are fairly small, I don't think this price is reasonable." She explained to him.
              ~Color can be added as well as bold or italics.
              ~Basically, make sure you use "this" for talk and don't use *these* -these- or any other form to show what your character is doing, just type it out.

11. Though fighting is allowed and even encouraged in the roleplay, I do not want to see fighting within the OOC. If there is a disagreement please bring it up with me and I will try and help. If it is a personal problem I ask that you both get over it for the sake of this roleplay.
          12. If you make a profile I expect you to be serious and ACTIVE. I do not want someone making a profile, being active for a day or two, and disappearing. I understand if you have a life and things come up, but please let myself or someone else (who will tell me) know so that we can do something with your character in the meantime. If it's a first offense I will send you a message after 4 days and give you a week to respond from that time. After that time is up I will kick your character until you return, and you better have a good excuse when you do. If it is a second offense you have 2 days before I message you and a week after that time to post. For third offenders you have 2 days for me to PM you and 4 days after that to post. Any more offences after that (unless a good reason was given for the other offences) will be kicked after inactivity of 4 days, no message.
          13. Profiles are to be sent to me. Title all anthro profiles, "It was our land", and all human profiles, "It's just a story". If you want to be on my good side send a picture of David Tennant as well (As Doctor Who would be awesome :3)
          14. I am in charge of this roleplay, anything I say goes! I may let a few people be moderators, but my word trumps the moderators. End. Of. Story.
          15. I can add and change rules as I see fit. If this happens there will be an announcement in the OOC as well as one in the Announcements section and the new rule will be in red!

Friendly Shapeshifter

Some possible need to know information:

Anthros/Furries: Furries are animals that function like humans (for those of you who didn't know). The furries in this roleplay are going to be very nature oriented and like their traditions. They don't believe in, nor have been exposed to, the human technology and the few that believe in humans believe that they are living the wrong way of life. They may completely dislike and disagree with the humans or they may be willing to see what a human's life is like. Either way they have never seen a human being before and will probably not know what to do once they see one.

Humans: Humans like technology and think that they are always right (or at least most do, you can be different). Humans may be freaked out by the furries when they first meet. They don't always realize what they do to nature when they use their technology and build many things. They are used to their own way of life and are stubborn when it comes to changing it. They have, however, seen some old pictures of the anthro tribes and may not be as shocked as the furries will be once finally meeting each other.

Important links: (will be updated)

OOC: HERE

Profiles: HERE

Friendly Shapeshifter

It's All in the Natural Selection~ (Profile Skelly)

[color=(desired color)][b]Well hello there, my name is:[/b]
[b]But you can also call me (Nicknames, if any):[/b]
[b]I am a proud member of my race (Species, either furry or human):[/b] [if Furry put what kind]
[b]I believe myself to be a (Gender):[/b]
[b]Don't I look absolutely (insert random adjective here)? (Picture or description):[/b]
[b]Love is not just a circle, but a complex series of paths, this is the path I choose (Sexual Orientation, straight, gay, bi, etc.):[/b]
[b]Many say that my demeanor is (Personality):[/b]
[b]These are a few of my favorite things~ (Likes):[/b]
[b]Do NOT let me near any of these things (Dislikes):[/b]
[b]It may or may not be ugly, but this is the story of my life so far (Bio):[/b]
[b]Oh, and by the way... (Other, if applicable):[/b]
[b]The one I give my prayers to (Username):[/b] [/color]

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter

Friendly Shapeshifter