Yes for the Demons 0.15217391304348 15.2% [ 7 ]
Yes for the Chosen 0.21739130434783 21.7% [ 10 ]
Yes for the Ex-Angels 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

BumuxUsagi's Waifu

Romantic Creature

User Image

”Nora.” The taller woman offered in return, her succinct and easy answer amusing to her smaller companion. The small quirk that was lifting the edges of the girl’s amaranth lips grew, showing a fine line of pearly whites as her chilled touch accepted that of the other, giving a steady shake once before retreating back into herself. When she went on to shake her head and comment about the day, she could again only smile. What else was there for her to do? Desiree had not been fearful of the day, nor had she felt bullied or pressured. Slightly overwhelmed perhaps, but as she glanced around the room once more, she wondered who could not have been slightly taken aback by everything that had happened since their feet had landed on this side of Hell.

“I think it has been wonderful.” She finally murmured, her voice little more than a lilting breath, as if she wished to be as unobtrusive as possible even when giving her opinion. It may have seemed a little strange, but there in the vibrantly pale rings of her eyes danced wonderment. It was at that moment that another made themselves known to them, an armored human male who introduced himself as Alister. The fervor sputtered from the girl’s expression, closing back up into the calm stillness of that tweaking beam while she shrunk a step or so away, back from the brightness of the room and towards the gloomed embrace of the hallway. But he was quickly gone again, throwing himself head first-not literally, mind you-down and into the fray. She felt immediately ashamed of herself for her reaction, but ultimately knew it couldn’t be helped. It was not that she feared men, at least not as a general rule, but she was unable to shake the literal and figurative wounds of her past, and always found herself walling up when in such situations. Exceptions being when she was coaxed into conversing about her work. Drawn from her reverie by the light chuckle of her companion, Desiree felt the tension leak from her and returned the sentiment with what might have been her own laugh…hard to tell, though, quiet as it was.

“Perhaps. But, I am rather fond of the way I am. So for now, I shall leave him to be him, and I, myself.” She replied with a nod, then shifted her gaze out onto the floor below. She spotted several intriguing sights, drawn in like the flame tranced moth by the myriad assortment of beings below. One was a particularly interesting shade of pink that she would need to find a way to recreate. Blue, green, bulbous, lithe. All below, all in endless combinations. She actually wavered nearer to the railing to get a better look, craning up onto her tiptoes and leaning the slightest forward. The sound of someone else entering onto the balcony tore her away, however, and Desiree was certainly glad it had. The girl who had entered now was the closest to her own height that she had yet to see. Still a whole head taller than herself, she seemed exceedingly shaken by the ballroom, blanching out and whispering under her breath. Afraid she might tumble right on down the staircase, Desiree took the extra step nearer and slid a palm around the girl’s waist, her other grazing along her arm and encircling her fingers while she braced her shoulder at her back. The touch was nothing more than its own whisper, but enough that if needed, Desiree was more than prepared to react. Nodding in agreement with Nora, a comforting smile lightening her features, the weaver prepared to steer her incidental ward towards such a place when yet another joined their group. Only this time, of the nonhuman variety.

“My name is Faustos Goethe, Faust to most.” The first thing Desiree noticed about the male was that he was impeccably dressed. Not to say so much that he was decked in all the livery currently in fashion. But there was distinct care in the cutting and stitching there, something she could never fail to appreciate. The second was his eyes. She watched as he took each of the trio in, intrigued by the flaring in the coal-bright smolder of that gaze. It simmered, growing and fading as it moved from feature to feature, and then girl to girl. She felt it particularly when he turned that attention onto her. Several feet, two perhaps, taller than herself, she though he may need to crouch in order to look her in the eye. But that was not where his gaze landed, and Desiree felt a flush creeping along her cheeks when she realized what a view he must have from all the way up there. When he did look back to her face, it was with noticeable effort-which she actually found amusing-and she marveled with perhaps a little too much surprise that it took a moment before the brightness leveled back out and he turned his attention on to their yet-to-be-introduced friend. When he went on to offer them a place to sit and rest, relief washed over her.

“Isn’t that nice of him?” she cooed comfortingly to the woman she was now guiding with apprehension towards the staircase behind Nora. The woman seemed naturally to take the lead, and Desiree was all too happy to allow her the position. Leaders didn’t get to fade into the background, as she intended to do once she was sure this other girl was safe and sound. “My name is Desiree by the way. I was a weaver back home. What is your name?” She really was being talkative tonight, wasn’t she? But, she supposed, when you were so strangely uprooted, you probably tried to find a connection in things familiar to you. They were joined by another woman as they approached the stairs, and Desiree gave her a bright smile before returning her attention to climbing down the elegant staircase. Amidst the company of the others, the descent didn’t seem so bad anymore, and before Desiree knew it, she had reached the bottom. Releasing her charge, she gestured towards the seating, heading there herself.

Who: Nora, Rose, Faust, and possibly another Where: Loveseats in the ballroom Wearing: Homemade Attire

Feeling: Surprisingly at ease Doing: Interacting…with people…Oh god!

OoC:

Witty Phantom

User Image
𝓣𝔂𝓻𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
♔ What if I told you that I planned this? What if I want to lose control? What if I take the blame, become the drug, dissolve as you swallow? ♔

Where:: The Ballroom With:: The large crowd, Viira What:: Calculating..
User Image

"WHERE IS MY DAMNED COAT" a booming voiced echoed through the demon manor. Chaos had been the theme of the week in the young Mallock's household and everyone was even more on edge than usual. The servants scurried about the manor, completing their many tasks and hoping they wouldn't be called out by the young lord. Unfortunately the lord of the manor was on a slight rampage and after being ignored for more than thirty seconds, he appeared on the stair balcony outside his bedroom. "Where is Viira? VIIRA. HERE. NOW." he called, his features twisted in annoyance. If one looked close enough, they might could see the theoretical steam rising from his head. Without delay a shade appeared, slowly taking the small form of the demoness, Viira. Behind the long ebony hair, Vii's crimson eyes met the crystal blue orbs of Tyraveal. "Yes, sir?" she replied, cocking her head to the side in a mocking manner. Though she had the appearance of a fragile young girl, she was actually a very ancient demon. She had been serving the Mallock bloodline for generations and Tyraveal's bratty nature didn't phase her. Oh how this annoyed the young demon lord. Tyraveal shot her a hateful glare and ignored her amused giggle. "The attire I requested for tonight's event is not present. Would you care to explain why?" he retorted. Tyraveal watched as the woman walked into his bedroom and towards the walk in closet. With a melodramatic huff he followed and crossed his arms in anticipation. "Well, my dear, it may have been easier to locate if you hadn't strewn everything across the floor," Vii started with a smirk, gesturing to the clothes on the floor that may or may not have been result of Tyraveal's previous tantrum, "but do not despair, for if you had only asked you would have received." With a wave of her hands the outfit that had caused this big scene appeared in her arms and she gave him a cheeky grin. Tyraveal did not find this so amusing, and snatched the pieces from her after rolling his eyes.

After properly changing, Tyraveal reemerged and moved on to the next problem. "So did you complete the task I gave you?" he asked, his temper toned down a bit. "Of course. Though I must say your mother did not like the news I delivered her. She instructed me to explain to you just how idiotic this decision is. I think it would be a waste of breath however, and will save you the lecture." she said blandly. Tyraveal shrugged his shoulders. He had expected that kind of response. As one of the last full blooded demons born before the end of war curse, his pureness played a vital role in his high status. His parents had also benefited from this, as they had gained popularity after his birth. Which was why he had waited until the very last second to inform them that he would be attending Lucifer's ball and more importantly choosing a human. They would be absolutely against it, as it would taint their surreal idea of perfection. Luckily it wasn't up to them. Tyraveal was young, but he had already made a title for himself and decided in order to be even greater he didn't need to solely rely on his birthright. He was greedy. He wanted more. Besides, it was more for research than actual procreating. He found humans strange and somewhat alien, so he wanted to study them more. All the ones he had brought to him usually died or weakened soon after they passed into his realm and he hadn't made much progress. The one's chosen were a different bunch, though, and wouldn't crumble so fast. They were special. They were more desirable. Tyraveal always got what he wanted and he desired a human as a possession.

"Sire, we must be going now. Punctuality is important." Viira spoke hours later, drawing a portal with her claws. The two left the manor through this portal and stepped into the territory of the great demon lord, Lucifer. The massive structure made Tyraveal's lavish manor look like a pitiful shack and impressed the stubborn little demon. His hand ran through his tousled brown locks and sighed. Hopefully this wouldn't be just a dull ball. He was well taught in all the proper etiquettes and manners of grand events, but they were always so boring. Boredom was public enemy number one in his book and he usually got into lots of trouble for the mischief he caused trying to amuse himself. He would try to keep a good face and standing here though. This night was important. Very important. "Need I remind you to be on your best behavior, sir. I cannot save you if you piss off a higher ranked demon. Remember your place. You may be a high noble, but you are young and they will think less of you for your inexperience. And keep a lid on that temper. No fighting. Or transforming the servants. Or-" Viira started, as if hearing his thoughts, but was interrupted by his abrupt hand raise. "Alright. Alright. Don't nag me you old hag." he stated, his lips twitching into a smirk. Viira gave a danger look, but smiled and nodded. "I see this as an opportunity to prove that I am more than a reputation. I've worked hard to get here. I can prove to them that I am as great as them." he quietly added, in a rare moment of maturity. "Besides, this is all just a fun game. Politics are a gamble. I refuse to lose at such a simple game." he said, ruining his previous moment. Perhaps one day he would act mature in more than five second increments.

Eventually the duo made their way to the ballroom and into the vast crowd of demons. As they walked Viira would quietly identify the higher demons and explain their ranks. They exchanged formal greetings with many, whether they were known to him or not. He was smaller than many of them since he was just a fledgling, but he carried himself as if there were no difference. He had been raised like royalty and he was treated as such. That said, he wasn't a total idiot. He paid his respects to the obviously superior demons but that didn't mean he felt lesser than them. One day he would turn the tables on them. Oh yes. One day they would be the ones bowing. Such big ambitions for such a small being. He kept his true emotions and feelings behind a solid mask and didn't dare reveal them to anyone. Even Viira, who had pretty much raised him, only knew partial pieces of him. Tyraveal motioned to a small seated area and the two took a break from all the formalities. He adjusted his collar and smoothed out his charcoal gray coat. This was getting rather boring and he was becoming restless..

"Look there, sire." Viira said as she nudged him in the direction she was referring to."It looks like the first bunch of the chosen have been corralled. Look how teeny they are. Such dainty little darlings." she rambled, but he barely heard her. Ice blue eyes trained on the area the women had cornered themselves in. They were each very different but all wore a similar expression. Fear. It was lovely. The sight of them made him antsy. He wanted to get up close and observe them, but that would be strange. Especially since the majority of the room had their eyes trained on the poor girls. He was still watching them when a lone white haired demon approached them. That seemed to scatter them and Tyraveal suppressed a smirk. Humans were so skiddish. How amusing. The group of woman moved again but his gaze did not follow. It would be wise to give them time to feel more comfortable, if that were possible in a lair of demons, before he approached them. Time was of the essence and for now he would take time to plan out his first move, his strategy. Everything had to planned perfectly and methodically for him, no matter what it was. Political chess was a fun game to play.

{O.O.C;; Forgive me, my first posts are always terrible Dx Viira }

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                                              ♔ Covered in your silhouette, Elated for your bitter end. Don't hide the shame from our lips. Glowing in amber, burn in sin! ♔

Tipsy Lover

User Image
REAVYN ULDUSK
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxex-angel

xxxxxlocation -
xxxxxcompany -
xxxxxthoughts -

User Image
and all shall discover. . .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . .he has a DEMON HEART

xxxxxx▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

There was sudden rustle around the castle, a flurry of maids and servants making sure everything was just perfect. A haunting pair of emerald eyes lazily rolled towards the window, today was the day. The ornate room he found himself in was more than he could ever asked for, a gift from a certain red demon who knew too well that Dreavyn was never one to refuse. Papers and journals brandished the dark ebony table top, an ink bottle sat uncorked and the quill in his hand. Perhaps it was time to set it all aside. Scribbling down the last notions of a formula down he set the quill in it proper place and blew across wet letters. The crimson ink dried quickly allowing him to close the book and set it with the rest of the stack over by the window. Always one for work, it was hard to tear him away from it. But today was different, and a sort of excitement was growing inside the ex-archangel. It had to of been close to three hundred years now, since he last accepted the invitation to this so called grand event. The reasoning behind is acceptance still quite the mystery. Dreavyn pinned it down to curiosity and perhaps just a sliver of loneliness. In all honesty, his expectations weren't high as he rather doubted in 500 years the earth was able to procure a mortal that would please him. Regardless, he could at least have little fun with it all. Zuriel wouldn't have it any other way.

Back in the main room an enormous bed sat with dark marble posts that nearly reached the ceiling. Curtains of many shapes and sizes draped down and pooled out over the floor, each secured with a black cord just above footboard. Ornate mirror and paintings with gilded frames dotted the walls between the seven foot windows that would look over the maze that was the gardens. The question at had was what to do with the time that remained. A set of double doors sat at the far end of the room leading to his own personal balcony. Always one to spoil, Dreavyn would have to thank his Zuriel for the temporary living compartments. But his favorite part was neither the private adjoining study and guest room, nor his main sleeping quarters or the balcony view, it was the room that lied just behind the dark oaken door to his right. A smile curled at the corners of his lips, indeed that sounded quite enticing. A long braided cord of dark red silk hung from the ceiling beside the dresser, with long finger wrapped around the end he pulled downwards. Somewhere deep within the fortress a bell would ring.

He wouldn't have to wait long, so through that oak door his feet brought him. The lights illuminated upon his entrance revealing a bathing tub just as big and decorative as the res of the sweet. He had a soft spot for pampering and unable to deny it. Pare feet crossed over the cold tile as he walked, nearing the tub that could easily five or six bodies. The main door from the bedroom opened, a maid no doubt wondering why she was summoned. Several moments of exploring would lead her to him, waiting in the dim lit chamber. "You summoned us Sir?" Two girls emerged, and he watched them with a amusement before greeting them with a smile. "Very well...." he said, his voice its usual dark honeyed tone. He had not expected two, though he was not dismayed in the slightest. Turning from the little demons he reached for the sash at his waist and let it drop to the floor. The soft flurry of giggles drifted through the warm damp air as the two females quickly moved about readying his bath. Soft nimble fingers traced themselves along the sculpted muscles of his shoulder blades and gripped at the fabric of his clothes, it too would fall to the floor with the sash that used to secure it closed. He could feel her lips press to the back of his neck drifting lower. Half lidded eyes caught the ceiling and a low chuckled ruptured from his throat oh how he could get used to this.

The pleasures of his earlier bath had put him in a rather fine mood. Now dressed in his finest he was all set to depart for the festivities. His long white hair was braided and hun down over his left shoulder, the tip still narrowly missing the ground. "I believe I have kept the two of you long enough...." amusement crested his words as his eyes laid upon the naked exhausted female forms that slept coiled amongst the bed sheets. Entirely spent. "Perhaps just this once...." He murmured with a sly smirk and headed towards the door. As long as they were gone and the room was spotless by the time he returned he was content to let them regain some footing on reality.

The hallways were empty all except for the occasional servant that rushed by, but even they were few and far between at this point in time. fingers resting at a point in front of him, Dreavyn walked art his own leisurely pace. A figure crossed past the hallway just up ahead, a female adorned in a dark regal gown. Curiosity pulled him towards her her identity a mystery as he did not recognize her. It became obviously as he followed that she was human, the frantic heartbeat was like the shattering of glass. In several long strives her was at an arms reach, his tall slender form over taking her. "Perhaps I could be of some assistance" . She froze at the sound of his voice, and very slowly turned to face him. Dreavyn took in her features, pale skin that seemed to become even paler as their eyes met. For an instant his cool demeanor was flawed as he recognized the marking she bore on her cheek. An angelic symbol, one he was all too familiar with. The raven haired maiden failed to notices his estranged expression as she struggled to find her voice. He couldn't help but chuckle and brought his hand to her arm. "I..." she began but was soon silenced once more as his other hand rested ever so softly against the exposed skin of her lower back. Humans were always so tender to the touch, so warm. He could feel the those deep purple iris on his body, a feeling that gave him more satisfaction than he ever wished to admit. Dreavyn knew the effect he had on those around him, it was something he reveled in.

Without a word he led this lost lamb back to the safety of her group, ironically that just so happened to be huddled in the corner of the lions den. "Enjoy Little Dove" he spoke at last as they crested the first step of the grand staircase. He was gone as soon as she turned to him, most likely in an attempt to thank him. Finding his way back through the hallways, he slipped into the ballroom from a back interest. Usually not one to pass up on the opportunity to have all eyes on him, tonight he preferred to observe.

The room was already quite busy with even more people arriving with each passing minuet. Most he recognized, but none engaged him enough to make conversation. However a certain pink demon did catch his eye, and subtly, Dreavyn change his course of direction. How long had it been this time? Two years since they enjoyed each others company? It was not that Dreavyn was avoiding Zuriel, more pressing matters had just occupied the ex-angel. There was always something to be done, council meeting with their King always proved to be interesting, and there was always someplace to be, some lesser demon scourge to be put into place. Not to mention the still almost daily baby-sitting of Lucifer's son. Speaking of the prodigal son, he was supposed to be here. A glower passed over his features, If he missed this event another time, his father was going to ring his neck. Though it would be the boys own fault, so Why was he wasting time worrying about it? It irritated him.

The sight that set before him however was quite the mood lifter, always one to draw the attention of others, Zuriel seemed to have already acquired a little friend. On quiet graceful steps he came up behind the pink individual, his tall form sparing no distance between them as he leaned forward his lips mere centimeters from the familiar demon's. He took full advantage of the pause. "Tsk..tsk" he spoke, long fingers finding their mark against the opposite side of his neck. "I heard that they had chosen several males this year, though I didn't think it to be true" he chided, gaze fixed upon the human standing just on the other side of Zuriel. "Vasanti must be beside herself, Though I can't say my brother will be" A smirk curled at the corner's of the angel's lips, his long fingers snapping to get the attention of a passing waiter as he backed away from the pink demon. They were approached by a lesser demon carrying a tray of high glasses, filled with a deep glowing liquid. Plucking two from the tray he offered one to Zuriel and moved beside him. "You might find the alcohol a bit more potent than that on your earthly plane, but perhaps that makes it all the better" Dreavyn said, his attention now on the human male as he gestured towards the tray of drinks.

Thoughts:This is interesting Where: The Ball Room With: Zuriel & The Male Chosen What: Being Social

User Image

R σ ѕ α Ɩ ι є x Ɯ σ Ɩ f xxxxx
                                                                        I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies...

Rosalie had missed her simple life from the moment she had left a year ago; but it wasn't till that very moment that it dawned on her that things would never be the same again. She would never run barefoot through pasture, or collect herbs and flowers in the small woods behind the farmhouse... And she'd never wake up to the wood planked ceiling, curled up beneath her mother's had made quilts ever again. Rose was strongly doubting that there'd be anything even remotely homely existing in this place. No, not when each hall and room was this lavish; there was brilliant architecture all around, polished woods so rich in color she could hardly believe they were real, detailed statues and paintings, and then there were things she didn't even have a name for like the sheer variety of fabrics present in the room. All her dresses up until that point had been wool or cotton, not the airy and soft thing she was wearing now. It was so thin and delicate feeling she was worried it would tear if she twisted about or took to big of a step. Swallowing hard, she lowered her hand from her forehead and let it press against her chest as if she could manually still the pounding of her heart.

It didn't work.

Thankfully, distraction arrived in the shape of demon man named Faustos; after casually mentioning that there were places to sit if the little trio of women moved away from the door, both girls came to her aid. The purple haired female named Nora guiding her to the railing and speaking softly to talk her down from her panic; "I do like dancing," she whispered, attempting to sound confident and failing miserable at it. She even offered Nora the best smile she could in thanks as she grabbed onto the railing. She was so focused on remaining upright that she didn't realize everyone had decided to move until the much shorter female braced Rose and carefully lead her to the stairs. Another smile flicked across Rosalie's face, but it was strained. Her gratitude and relief was mixed with embarrassment, but she was keenly aware of the importance of accepting help and not stubbornly trying to push oneself into doing something they just were ready for. Rosalie managed to keep her footing with each descending step, thankful that the women who'd dressed her had been aware enough of her upbringing to not make her wear the strange high heeled shoe that Nora moved about so effortlessly in. Rose would have broke an ankle for sure wearing those.

It was only once Rose's feet came to rest on marble that she spoke, first addressing Desiree; "My name's Rosalie," she murmured. "I am- no, was a midwife."

Really, she was more well rounded and versatile in her medical skills and knowledge then your average midwife, but the favorite part of her job had always been helping bring new life into this world. As she addressed Desiree, her eyes spied the love seat at the base of the stairs and she carefully disengaged herself from the black haired girls gentle hold. "Just going to sit for a moment. Thank you very much for your help, Desiree. And you too, Nora." She motioned to where she was headed and settled down with as much grace as she could muster (which is to say, she just barely managed to keep from collapsing on it in a cascade of fine fabric and dark brown hair). She almost instantly felt more at ease both because she had her back against something and she no longer had to worry about her legs turning into mush. Rose did her best to arrange the layers of her dress around her and carefully crossed her legs at the ankles like she knew a proper lady would. She regarded her hands for a moment, unsure what to do with them and decided to just lay them flat on her lap.

"Better," she stated out loud to herself, dark brown orbs floating back to the group. She was a bit surprised to notice there was another girl present; a blonde with sad eyes. She was, of course, a beauty as well but that was not surprising considering that was prerequisite to being chosen. It seemed that demons had a very similar take on appearance as humans did. That was curious though perhaps not as strange as she initially thought. A quick glance around the room told her many demons looked human. Sure, several had horns, strange colored eyes, and there was even one with brilliant pink skin, but at the same time they still had human faces and bodies with two eyes (often brilliantly colored if devoid of emotions), noses, shapely jaws in the case of most of the males, and one pair of arms and legs. She was about to decide that perhaps demons weren't all that different from humans when she realized that judging off appearances was about the dumbest thing she could doing at that moment.

She tore her gaze away from the strangers in the ballroom, realizing her hands were now fists clenching the fabric of dress. She eased her grip, smoothed out the wrinkles and turned to look back at Desiree. She wanted to ask the girl what to do now, but by moving away to sit down she would need to speak loud enough that anyone nearby could hear; she had already made herself look weak by almost fainting, she didn't want everyone to think she was dull as well. So for now, she would sit and listen while she collected her thoughts and got her bearings back. Hopefully she would pick up enough information through observation to understand how to act in this strange place.

"xxxTrembling, crawling across my skin.
                                                                            Feeling your cold dead eyes stealing this life of minexxx"

[ Lσcαтιση: Ballroom entrance ] [ Ƈσмραηу: she's standing next to two other Chosen ] [ ƑєєƖιηg: A lot of things. Confusion, fear, worry, wonder, awe... ]

Romantic Explorer

User Image

location: standing in front of Zuriel and Dreavynxxcompany: myself, Zuriel, Dreavyn and the male chosenxxmood/thoughts: trying to be strongxxwearing

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

User Image
                                                    She wasn't sure how but she had turned away from the railing, her feet carrying her forward to the group of women. Her brown eyes lit up as she recognized one of the women, Nora Selakire, who happened to look at her at the same time. She smiled at the girl, the two weren't friends, just mere acquaintances and for once she regretted not befriending the girl while the two had met over the countless of balls they had attended. Still it was nice to know she at least knew someone to some extent. Vea put on a brave face as she took in the other girls, at least two of them had a fearful air about them and one looked like she was about to topple over, she gave them a kind smile. "Same with you, Nora but it is good to see a familiar face." In fact, it was more than good to see the other girl with Nora being here she felt more at ease. When Nora glanced over to the man standing by the group she had finally realized he was there and she took a few seconds to look him over. The demon was intriguing to say the least, from his eyes that looked like fiery coals, to his inky black arms to his pointed silver-tipped fingers.

Nevaeh smiled once more, "I'd be delighted too." She trailed everyone behind but at her own pace. At the stairs, she had the perfect advantage of seeing everything and what she saw actually shocked her. After being chosen, she had had nightmares of the creatures she was supposed to being living with, she had imagined them differently and of course with nightmares everything tended to be ten times as worse than what was real life. Vea had noticed the demons were much more easy on the eyes than she had thought. So far none had made her heart jump with fear. As they came to the bottom of the steps movement on the floor made her look up as a tall demon with long braided white hair approached a demon with pink skin, the color of the demons skin actually made her lips curl upwards in amusement. She actually caught herself from laughing as they neared the seating area. As the group of women stood there, she once again looked out at the dance floor, she could tell things would be different here. Only a handful were on the dance floor, everyone else was scattered about just watching and talking.

If this was a ball in the human realm, the dance floor would be cluttered with dancers, the atmosphere was more lively and for once she didn't miss the hustle and bustle. She preferred to move at her own pace but once again her life was no longer hers. Instead, she would have to wait for the advancement of another to see if they would take her as a mate. She hated waiting and she hated not being able to live her own life, to do as she pleased and to say what she wanted. Then a light flicked on, did she really have to stand here and wait for someone to approach her? She wasn't living under parents rule anymore she could, for once do what she wanted. She didn't want to live in fear anymore, she refused to, nor did she want to seem as if she was afraid, being afraid was a weakness and she definitely couldn't afford to be weak here.

Vea's eyes moved over to the group of girls she was with, they all seemed content to be standing there. She sighed softly before she smoothed the skirts of her dress and inhaled deeply as she broke away from her companions. As she moved farther away from her group and closer to the man with the white hair and the one with pink skin, she prayed for strength and courage to get her through the night. Once she reached her destination, she curtsied to the men in front of her, her eyes passed over the demons as she righted herself. "My lords, would either of you care to dance?"

Tipsy Bunny

User Imagein god we trust.

User Image
{ One of the Chosen}

------something tastes different; maybe it's my tongue. something tastes different ; suddenly i'm not so young.

Her hand was shaking as she finished the long letter addressed to her siblings. Reese's eyes were tired from crying, writing by candlelight, and staying up through the night, having decided that an in-person goodbye would be entirely too painful to bear. Thus, after everyone had gone to sleep, she'd grabbed writing materials and started penning what she suspected would soon her her final thoughts.

I love you all so, so much. It's because of this that I couldn't bring myself to stay until morning. I want you to remember me as I was-- your wonderful, charming sister... not as the bawling wretch being dragged away by strangers. I have a few final words for each of you.

Flint- It's time for you to start your own family. Keep ours in mind, but endeavor to venture out of this house. By out of this house, I do not mean that you should stop as far as the local tavern. In fact, stay away from there-- people are starting to talk. You have to be the charming one, now.

Corra- You're a mature young lady now and you'll have to take up more responsibility. I think we both know that you've been doing the majority of the housework as of late anyways, so I am confident you will rise to the occasion with little difficulty. One more note: as a young lady, a pretty one at that, young men will start to vie for your attention soon. When this happens, send them to Flint. He will "take care of them" judge whether or not they are worthy of you.

Ferrin and/or Kade- You act too much alike to get separate notes-- I'm sorry. Stay out of trouble (namely, stop tormenting the village livestock). As I've told you for many years, it is perfectly alright to hold hands around the house, but people will get funny ideas if you continue for too much longer. You are both eighteen, after all.

Sadie- I know that you don't like emotional speeches, so I'll keep this simple: I love you, but you absolutely must stop lighting fire to things.

Jaden- You read too much for a boy your age. Go outside and roll in the mud a bit, like I taught you. You can wash behind your ears afterwards. And please keep an eye on Sadie.

Tarryn- Dear one, you need to stop speaking in that made up language. No one else could ever understand you, and I will not be here to translate. That being said, never let anyone extinguish that fascinating imagination of yours. At least keep it to a whisper, if you feel it completely necessary to express yourself.

All of my love to each and every one of you. If I am unable to find a way back to you, know that I am relieved that none of you will be sequestered in the same fate.

Until the end,
                                                  Your adoring sister

Stifling a sob, Reese pushed the paper away to keep it safe from her tears and other unpleasant facial excretions. She remained this way a while, until the barest traces of light began to break through the treetops. Grabbing only a small bandana to hold her lunch, Reese placed the note on the kitchen table with care, and quietly crept into the still morning. A short walk down the ancient dirt road landed her in the town square, where she'd agreed to be collected by the king's men, as opposed to violently torn away from the arms of her family. Her escorts were punctual and emotionless as they ushered their forlorn charge into the carriage that would transport her to the capital-- it was a long, boring ride, as Reese lived a sizable distance from any bustling city life. As she watched the world go by through the window, her thoughts drifted toward her own future... and it felt just as fleeting.

xxxxx xxxxx

"We're here" came a gruff mutter from the portly guard. Reese groaned and sunk back against her seat, wishing desperately to somehow merge and become one with the cushions. No such luck, she noticed, as her door was opened and she was firmly removed from the interior of the carriage. As each took her by the arm and firmly guided her towards the line for the portal, the blonde felt her legs begin to give way beneath her. The guards didn't notice, or didn't care, as they simply dragged her along, scraping her shins against the cobblestones. The pain came second, a very distant second, to the panic that was squeezing her chest like a vice. Why was it so hard to breathe? She'd been so good at breathing up until this very moment. 'On the other hand, the dirtier I am, the less appealing I might be...' she thought to herself, suddently struck with inspiration. After the two men "showed" her her place in line, the young woman turned to give them an enthusiastic wave goodbye. "Thanks for your help, gentlemen! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT" she shouted to their backs as they disappeared into the crowd gathered to view their departure. As soon as they were gone she dropped down low to grab fistfuls of dirt, and proceeded to smear it across her face and on her clothing. Hah! Take that, demons! No clean sacrifice for you today!

Reese was feeling rather pleased with herself until the line began moving forward, one girl disappearing after another. Her heart dropped down to her stomach, and she remained frozen in place until some unseen person "helped" her through the portal with a shove. It was a completely disorienting experience, and once she passed through, gasping in air like a fish out of water, she was immediately snatched and whisked away by a party of unsympathetic individuals. They were not at all pleased with her mudbath.

"YOU'RE one of the Chosen?!"

"She's filthy! Are you seeing this? She is absolutely filthy! It's like she's been lying with swine!"

"I'm too busy looking at her hair! What have you done to your hair!?"

"Forget her hair-- she's as flat-chested as a damned altar boy! Ugh! Are we sure this is a girl?"

'Music to my ears...Maybe they'll send me back!'

xxxxx xxxxx

A short time later she was being scrubbed, patted, rubbed, prodded, tugged, wiped, brushed and polished until she was no longer resemblant of her usual self. They managed to put her hair up, despite its length, and she was stuffed into a pastel blue dress, much to her alarm and mortification. Reese felt utterly exposed, and hugged her arms in front of her chest modestly. "They're not big, but at least they're perky" mused one of the females that had been assigned to her make-over. Reese scowled at her hatefully, evoking only a bark of laughter in return. Dangling earrings were hung at her lobes, and surprisingly tasteful bangles were adorned to her upper and forearms. The group stepped back to admire their hard work. "Well, we've accomplished what was previously considered impossible... we made this miserable creature look feminine" one said happily. "No, no! No tears, sweetie. You'll ruin the makeup."

After being escorted to the festivities, the blonde paused to gather her wits. Then, with a deep breath, Reese stepped hesitatingly into the entrance of the ballroom and was immediately uncomfortable with the surrounding crowd. While some of the guests appeared relatively normal (albeit unearthly beautiful), others were downright beastly! Wings, horns, tails, various colors that didn't belong. She quickly spotted one man who was a shade of pink that simply demanded to be noticed. Her face contorted into a grimace, and she tore her eyes away, staring down at her her feet instead. Or at least, where her feet should have been-- the layers of flowing fabric pooled around her made it impossible to tell for sure. Grasping the railing, she descended down the stairs, her grip tight enough to make her knuckles blanch. 'Breathe. BREATHE. In and out, in and out. You can do this. No fear. Just get some liquid courage, and you might be able to survive this evening' the woman thought with a nervous laugh under her breath. Once her feet were firmly planted on the floor, Reese hurriedly made her way to the wall. Most of the party guests seemed to favor socializing, and so staying out of the middle of the room would be essential to avoid contact with one. Slinking along the border of the room, she focused on a table piled high with delicacies and treats-- but more importantly beverages. There were several varieties of cocktails, although none of them seemed familiar. In fact, one was glowing. Reese reached for the delicate flute of liquid and held it up for inspection. Why did she expect any different? This was a completely different plane-- of course the food and drink would be bizarre. 'Who knows, this stuff might be posion--' her eyes widened, almost welcoming the chance to end the misery before it truly began. Her trembling hand brought the concoction closer to her parted lips, and she closed her eyes. "Here goes..." she managed to mutter before taking a generous gulp.

{ tab HELL A ballroom/Treat table tab Just me and this drink tab Borderline hysterical tab }

Wheezing Genius

User Image
User Image
User Image

Not long after his mention of the seating at the bottom of the stairs, it became obvious to Faustos Goethe that he had been all but forgotten. His suggestion, after their short inspection of his person, seemed to give the small group of Chosen the small push they needed to move with renewed confidence. The smallest woman glided into action, taking a place next to the slightly ill looking brunette. After she had invited another Chosen to join them, the tallest of the humans ushered her companions down the stairs, mentioning the possibility of dancing as an incentive. Faust couldn't help but perk up at the suggestion of dancing, even if it was apparent she had not directed the statement to him.

I enjoy dancing!

Yes, well she wasn't talking to you, now was she?

Well, no, but it does take two to dance...

Uh-huh, and who said one of them was going to be you?

If not for the women talking amongst themselves as they descended the stairs, Faust, trailing behind them, would never have learned any of their names.

So, Nora is the tall one with the hair so dark it looks purple in the light. And then the little one is Desiree... a weaver, hm?

He absently watched as Desiree's dress slid over the stairs behind her, listening to what the women were saying.

The blonde one following us is Nevaeh... and the sick one is Rosalie. A midwife?

Faust chewed his lower lip as he thought about what he had just heard.

"If it were me, I would have kept the weavers and midwives and sent off peoples of markedly less usefulness. Like princesses. Or politicians."

He spoke to no one in particular, and came to a sudden stop as he realized they had reached their destination of the seating area. Desiree released her charge, and Rosalie made her way slowly to a loveseat against the wall. Faust couldn't help but notice that the short, dark haired woman, once freed of her companion, seemed to be... retreating? While there was no visible movement in the skirt of her gown, Desiree was nonetheless getting progressively closer to the wall. Keeping his eye on the petite woman, Faust took note of how the blonde, Nevaeh, had dived into the crowd behind him. At almost the same time, another woman, also a blonde, sidled down the stairs and disappeared along the wall into the crowd before Faust had a chance to observe much about her. Desiree seemed to be attempting a similar vanishing act, though in an even more subtle way.

"Lady Desiree?"

He spoke before he had a chance to think about it.

s**t! What the hell was that?

Faustos stood there blankly for a moment.

Well, come on, idiot. Now you've gotta ask a question.

"Would you, uh..."

Or just stand there gaping like a fish. Brilliant.

Faustos cleared his throat lightly and then the asked the first thing that popped into his head.

"Would you care to dance?"

Oh thank the lord, that was actually a sensible question.

He felt a momentary sense of relief, and the confused flicker of his irises calmed.

There we go, now we're back in the swing of things.

Faust looked toward Nora for a moment.

"Yes, dancing, you made a very good suggestion earlier. Should you care to, might I have one of your later dances... Lady Nora, I believe it was?"

He glanced back toward the inert figure of Rosaline in her chair.

"And once you're feeling better, I would be honored to dance with you as well, Lady Rosaline."

His disarming smile once again in place, he turned his attention again to Desiree.

"What say you, my lady? May I have your first dance?"

((I'm sorry, I know more about 1860s American dance politesse than Medieval. I assumed this was meant to be a social dance, where one is expected to dance with a different partner for each song? Please let me know if I'm totally off base, and I can edit my post.))

Dangerous Prophet

User Image
We have more days to live through than pleasures. Be slow in enjoyment, quick at work, for men see work ended with pleasure, pleasure ended with regret.

███ ████████████████████████ ███

Lola Stone !
                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx human.
                                        ✖ ✖ ✖The ever steady quiver of her heart's beat brought little comfort to Lola except when it's usual rhythm was replaced with a erratic surge. The day had come for her to flee and yet it seemed that everyone had caught wind of her plans. For the past month, she had an demon escort that 'guarded' her from the time she rises to the time she laid her head to rest. She nearly had to fight the she-demon away from the bathroom. Each day that drew closer towards the dreaded event made Lola more and more anxious. Her money was tucked away, emergency clothing packed and the necessary travel passes were illegally obtained. She only needed a little bit of time in order to enact the plan she had created nearly a year previous. But how could she when she was being babysat by a creature who probably had shits tougher than Lola could ever be? It was beginning to look hopeless, like a lost cause, when a glimmer of hope shined upon her an hour before the destined time.

The demon had been summoned away, for god knows what, and had ordered Lola to stay in her room until the portal came to get her. Lola smiled, attempting to not let her eyes betray her, as her lips so easily agreed to stay put. Lola wasted no time to rush to her safe way, a tunnel underneath a barrel of particularly good ale in the storage room. The tunnel had been built eons ago, during a time when the only major wars to worry about were between humans. Despite her fear of bugs, and the constant barrage of cobwebs that threaten to let a scream escape, her determination kept her steady. It felt like ages before she reached the end of the tunnel and the floorboard, that kept her from above ground, moved so easily she barely had to use any strength at all. She peeked around her surroundings, ensuring that nothing was out of the ordinary aside from the worrisome large number of spiders that seemed to be in the abandon room. She crawled out like a newborn cub, covered in soot and webs, and felt her heart thump against her chest. She knew she shouldn't be excited till she was out of her Kingdom and towards one of the three Kingdoms of old. Anything could happen between where she was and where she wished to be. But her tongue was wet with anticipation and her hands trembled with the hopes of being free.

Lola calmed her uneasy hand enough to open the door that kept her from the outside and the sun rays that hit her were so beautiful that it almost made her cry. Almost. Her eyes shied away from the bright light, readjusting itself, before she could use them again. Once fully functional, she hid herself away to a darken corner and headed towards her getaway stash. She kept herself close to buildings, creeping between shadows in-between in hopes that no one would see her. She felt nearly invincible, falling once when she mistook a step, and felt her freedom was assured. Once she made it near the City's entrance, she made her way towards the little bridge near-by. There she found her things securely tied in a knitted bag. She was almost towards the entrance once more, this time with her travel pass in hand, when a large arch appeared before her. Before she even had time to scream, the she-demon grabbed her and dragged her through the portal.

Once, when Lola was but eight years old, she attempted to swim like the fishes in her mother's pond. They had done so naturally, so why couldn't she? So ignoring her nurse-maid's numerous warnings, Lola had jumped into the pond and nearly drowned. Air ripped from her small lungs so quickly that, even if the pain hadn't made her forget how to breath, she had no time to think to even try. That was how it felt for Lola to be dragged through the portal. Her being felt like it was being ripped in two and her lungs felt ill-equipped to handle such stress. By the time Lola had made it out of the portal, a paltry two minutes later, she was gasping for air. She grasped at her throat, attempting to suck in all the air she could, as the she-demon sighed in annoyance. "If you had listened, I would have made the trip easier on you." Her words bit harshly at Lola, whose eyes started to tear at the experience. Was it so wrong to want a life I chose? Lola couldn't help but wonder.

The she-demon allowed Lola to catch her breath awhile longer before grabbing her by the arm and taking her down a poorly lit hallway. It seems that Lola's little stunt had lost her the privilege of being 'escorted' once more and now she was being treated like a prisoner. She was dragged into a room with a tub, the heat vapors from the water rising up to her nose to give way to it's scented aroma. She smelled a hint of jasmine oils and saw the clear separation of the oil from the water as they swirled around each other. It vaguely reminded her of when she was still a daughter of a noble household and her lips formed a small frown. She didn't have time to think on unhappy thoughts before she was stripped of her clothing and dunked into the water. Lola shrieked out in surprised from the encounter and the hot water. She felt the she-demon's hands scrubbing the soot and webs from Lola's body, her scalp scrubbed with similar harsh precision and she felt like a prized cow by the end of it.

Lola was pulled out of the tub, dried and forced into a dress that would not be her first or second choice. It wrapped around every inch of her body in black cloth, tightly pushing her breast to the forefront of attention, and making her bottom seem more round than it actually was. The she-demon painted Lola's face, adding rouge to her lips and cheeks, and golden dust to her eye lids. Her hair was corralled by the sides into a type of frohawk, allowing most of her tight curls to roam free on top of her head. She was forced into simple black heels, higher than she was comfortable enough to walk in, and dragged to the ballroom.

Nerves wrecked the entirety of her being and she seemed like a sheep ready for the slaughter. She heard the others speak, which surprised her to even spot a few males among the Chosen, but her tongue stayed still. Her eyes darted between some of the demons who ventured forward and the humans who were able to speak to them. It amazed her how they were able to seem so normal despite it all. Lola bit her lower lip, and wished she had escaped a month sooner. The oppressive atmosphere sent her back to when she was under her parent's and Franklin's domain and it took her all not to attempt to flee. But she stood firm, despite it all. She was not the same little girl who flinched at the booming voice of her husband or who silenced herself in front of her parent's daunting gaze.

Attempting to seem more confident than she felt, her eyes caught the sight of a light blue dress and the drinks the owner had found. "Thank god there's liquor!" Lola squealed too loudly for the group of demons socializing nearby. Lola rushed towards her savor and descended upon the table of assorted booze. She didn't know what anything was, eyeing it cautiously, when the girl she had followed drowned the glass in one gulp. Right, ******** it. Lola thought, grabbing a thin glass from the table and following suit. Downing the glass effectively, she felt her body warm up with a sensation she could only explain as ethereal. She felt ease flow through her and the first smile since her recapture found its way to her lips. She looked at the girl who had led her towards her salvation and introduced herself accordingly. "I don't know who you are but thank you for saving me. I'm Lola, it's a pleasure to meet you." She said, stretching her hand out to the blonde.

Ah, make the most of what we yet may spend, before we too into the dust descend

" The Ballroom "Current Location

" Being a prized cow Getting a bit to drink and attempting conversation"Action

" Reese"With

" Outfit"Wearing

BumuxUsagi's Waifu

Romantic Creature

User Image

Had Faust mumbled something? A dark head tipped, intent to listen, but the moment was either imaginary or over. With so many other voices milling about the great room, she chalked it up to the former and turned her attention back to woman she was bracing and her own words. Fragile brows lifted and the weaver nodded in admiration as Rosalie told her not only her name, but the profession she had left behind in their old world. Having lost her own mother to the treacherous miracle of birth, and subsequently never getting to know the woman she was said to act so much like, it was a skill she had endless respect for.

“Given the nature of our being here, I am sure you will find yourself returning to the art before you know it.” She released the girl, smirking when she seemed to feel the need to explain that she was going over to sit. Desiree simply nodded, gesturing for her to go on ahead while watchful metallic eyes kept guard until she was safely perched on the luxurious cushions. Content that her charge, if you would wish to call it such, was safe and sound, the weaver began to ease away from the group and towards the wall. Or more aptly, the corner. Always the introvert, she felt exposed standing out in the middle of the group, surrounded by people until she felt suffocated. She tried her best to be a subtle as possible, not wishing to insult the women she stood with, or the kindly male who had given them the little boost needed to brave the stairs. But it seemed her efforts were for naught, because someone had caught her.

“Lady Desiree?” Startled, the little one froze in place, body tensed and eyes wide as she swiveled her gaze over to demon who had spoken to her. Had he noticed she was fleeing? Was he going to reprimand her and remind her she had to stay and mingle with those who had come, she suspected, to size up the Chosen? Tucking an errant strand of curling onyx behind her ear, she felt ashamed as she cowered, shoulders hunched just the slightest.

“Yes, Faust?” Was he a Lord? Should she be using a title? Oh no, what if she had insulted him? A whimper choked in her throat. She wasn’t good at talking to…anyone! So caught up in her own inner turmoil, Desiree didn’t notice the lapse in their conversation as the demon struggled on his own.

“Would you care to dance?”

“Dance?” She almost squeaked the word, feeling what little color she had drain from her face. To dance they would have to be out on the dance floor. Which meant everyone could see them. Bad enough on its own, but added to the fact that the girl had no idea how? She had a moment to think of a clever escape as he addressed the others, assuring them that he desired to dance with them as well. Perhaps she could convince him to do so now? Lie, and say later? From the corner of her eye she spotted a slight blonde sidle down the stairs and make a beeline into the crowd and over to what appeared to be a refreshments table. She could feign thirst, or hunger. Stall the moment?

“What do you say, my lady? May I have your first dance?” Time was up.

“I…uhm..” Her gaze drifted everywhere but him, her thumbs rubbing soothingly at the material of her gown.

“I, well…Yes…” She barely murmured the last word, shoulders sagging in defeat while her head bowed in the slightest. She was going to make a complete fool of herself. She could deal with traveling through portals, being dunked and washed and trussed by exotic demon women who giggled and cooed over how tiny she was, but this…?

Couldn’t they just pick her and get it over with without all the socializing?

Who: Nora, Rose, Faust, and Vea…Mainly Faust Where: Fringes of the ballroom Wearing: Homemade Attire

Feeling: Embarrassed and frightened. Doing: Making a fool of herself, shortly!

OoC: Ehhh....Short post. Sorreehhhhh!

Tipsy Lover

ORA elakire↙↙

the demons bride

User Image
and all discover. . .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. . .she has a DEMON HEART
Location: The balcony over the gardens Company: alone What: observing/drinking Feeling: curious

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Like fire, Even the Stars You'd Inspire
I've taken all leave of my senses,
I want to be closer to you...

Nearing your light I become the nothingness.

With the decent down the stairs and into the lions den now achieved, Nora couldn’t help but feel intrigued. The initial fear of today had long since faded and the uneasiness of facing the demons was becoming much more bearable. Faust seemed charming enough, welcoming even. Her gaze casually drifted towards him, once more stealing glances at his exotic attributes. Inwardly she bit at her bottom lip, as he commented about peoples usefulness and who should really be marked as a chosen. Fingers brushed against the dark violet mark on her cheek as she turned away from the little group. Her entire live before now had revolved around uselessness: parties and galas, her fathers political games. Nora had one job, sit pretty and attract a husband, someone rich who would take care of her, and turn a blind eye to her family’s history. She had resented every second of it. But seeing all that those two young women had given up, Nora couldn’t help but feel a bit envious.

Navaho had slipped away almost as soon as the group reached the bottom floor. Nora watched, a bit of surprise across her features as the beautiful young blonde marched right up to to the pink demon and the long haired demon from earlier. Quickly she adverted her eyes. She had felt so helpless, him leading he like a little lost child, it was insulting really. Quickly her mood was downgrading, a noticeable frown turning at the corners of her lips. For being in her element: a ballroom of fine silks and dance partners galore, she was was floundering quite a bit. Oh the fit her mother would be having. Just the thought of it cheered her up ever so slightly.

The sound of her name brought Nora out of the sea of emotions battling within her. “I’m sorry?” She quickly turned apologizing for her lack of attention as Faust had directed a question towards her. “Dancing. yes of course.” With that she smiled, a slight smirk playing across her lips. “I will certainly save a spot on my dance card for you.”

Now what was she to do until then? Pondering her options she slowly began to slip away from the little group, her gaze resting upon a traveling tray of fluted glasses filled with a mysterious glowing liquid. Moving amongst the crowed with grace, and the occasional intended casual bump against the arm to particularly good looking men demons, Nora managed to catch up to the waiter holding the tray. Snatching a glass as slender fingers curled around the delicate stem of the glass she emptied the contents in several long sips. It was so sweet! Examining the now empty glass with a bit of disbelief she set off the gain another one, and perhaps something to eat.

With a new glass in hand, Nora found her self at the far end of the room heading towards large open glass doors that seemed to swallow the wall. They led out onto a balcony that overlooked what seemed to be a maze of gardens below. Moving across the threshold, she was greeted by a cool breeze and a deep purple star speckled sky above. It almost didn’t seem like the same play she had stumbled upon just earlier that day. A few demons scattered the stone terrace, mingling among them selves over drinks and what appeared to be niblets of deserts, too preoccupied with themselves to take notice of the human girl now venting towards the railing. Music from inside filtered out through the doors, a new song, and a waltz if her she heard right. Swaying softly to the song her arms rested down against the railing as she gazed down over the gardens.

o.o.c : ehhhhh its short, im sorry! blarg!

Symbolon's Husband

User Image
                                      Thoughts : I wonder who'll get him first, Vas or me?
                                      Company : Alistair, Dreavyn
                                      Locationx : The ballroom

Zuriel had been preoccupied watching the human women filter into the room one by one. He’d noticed the human male but the guy hadn’t stayed with the human group for very long and thusly Zu’s attention instead followed Faust introducing and welcoming the ladies. The pink demon wasn’t sure if his attempt worked very well since they were still in a room, a realm, full of demons, and they were the eye of attention at the moment. It didn’t say that way for too long as the human male approached him and introduced himself as Alistair. Zuriel’s yellow eyes turned to look over the man. Hm, so they were sending men in armor and women in dresses. Zuriel gave a motioning wave to one of the waiters without taking his eyes off of the male in front of him.

“Zuriel.” He gave a polite nod of his head as one of the servers came over with a tray of small plates with what looked like tiny sandwich cuts. “I wasn’t aware they were sending handsome men in uniform.” Which was a lie, of course he knew who was coming, he’d planned the event after all and even had his own servants watching the portal. His stance suddenly seemed like he was more interested in the man before him. “And from which kingdom are you?” He figured that getting the human to speak couldn’t be too bad. That’s about when he felt his favorite angel’s presence in the room. He had an itching to drag the man off but he could reserve that for later. Those feelings were shoved down into a box to deal with later. At least, presumably they were, given Dreavyn’s sudden closeness. It didn’t stop the smirk from rising to his features as his eyes slid over to see the white hair falling against his shoulder out of the corner of his eye.

“It’s about time you showed up.” The pink demon set out an almost possessive purr that likely sounded closer to a growl to the human, at the feeling of fingers against his neck. “Oh Vas is going to be quite ecstatic with this one, assuming one of the human girls or one of the other demonesses don’t steal his attention first.”

Zuriel gave a hum of approval at the offered drink and gave an approving nod towards Alistair as a sign the human should try it, raising the glass momentarily in a sort of cheers then downing about half of the liquid, his eyes not moving from the other male.

OOC || ; u ; Sorry for the crap-tastic post and the serious delay for such disappointment. I had more I wanted to do, but I'm a touch shaky right now, so I'm sticking with one character until this thing blows over/dies down.

I'm not this shitty of an rper, I promise

Wither of Roses

Raff_sapphire6

Wheezing Genius

User Image
User Image
User Image

After recovering from his floundering, Faust had a lucid moment in which to observe the petite Desiree's reaction to his request. Her already pale complexion faded to a ghostly white and her silver eyes widened in what appeared to be panic. She had only repeated the word "dance" in barely a whisper before he had turned to address Nora and Rosalie.

His question seemed to bring Nora back from some faraway place within her mind, as her expression was momentarily unguarded when she turned to him at the sound of her name. She recovered quickly, and the almost unreadable tumult of emotion that had been present on her visage faded into a humoring smile as she responded.

Ah, so we are trained in the art of aristocratic artifice, but she does not use it to the extent that she could. Perhaps seeing the confusion on a suitor's face as they try to figure out if they were just complimented or insulted is what she enjoys in the game?

Faustos thanked her, his eyes lingering for a moment on what he assumed to be a tattoo upon Nora's cheek. He couldn't see it very well as she turned away, but Faust felt that what he had glimpsed of it was somehow familiar. Making a mental note to look at it more closely when they danced later in the evening, Faust returned his attention to Desiree. He asked again for her first dance, and he was surprised at how hard it suddenly was to maintain a level expression. A wolfish smile tugged at the corners of his lips, and he would have bet his claws that his eyes had blazed for a moment before he could reign in his sudden instinctual desire. How could she dare to look so vulnerable in a room full of demons?

She is either very brave, or very naive. Whichever might be the case, this little weaver ought to be more cautious. Not all of us can resist such delicious defenselessness.

Faust closed his eyes for a moment to take a deep breath, releasing it slowly as she finally accepted his invitation to dance.

And some of us only barely.

Once satisfied with his level of self control, Faustos opened his eyes, their color once again the deep red of dying coals. He smiled, and offered his arm to Desiree.

"Shall we?"

Faust led them around the edge of the dance floor, passing the refreshment tables, one of which, bearing drinks, was being accosted by two human women. One was the blond he had seen scurry by them as she darted down the stairs, and the other was unfamiliar. She had dark hair, and skin deep and golden like honey. Faust did not recall her passing by on the stairs, but perhaps he had been too distracted. He glanced sidelong at Desiree.

Distracted, indeed.

As he continued to walk them toward the far side of the dance floor, Faust wondered to himself why the question of a dance had so flustered Desiree. Was she a terrible dancer? Two left feet, perhaps? Maybe she was worried the dances would not be similar enough to those in the human world?

Surely the styles couldn't be that different. I mean, sure, it's been thirty years since the last batch of chosen, but thirty years surely isn't long enough to change the basic steps?

He kept a subtle eye on Desiree's level of discomfort as they traversed the room. Within a crowd, her tension was almost palpable. Faust steered clear of the more clogged center of the dance floor, where demons (and humans) were pairing up for the first dance. Instead, he directed them to a small open space near a corner, the very end of the expansive refreshment tables to one side, the looming windows that led to the balcony on the other. Here he stopped and turned to face Desiree. Over her head he could see the multitudes of demons spread throughout the room, a particularly unique shade of pink catching his eye. He grinned, returning his gaze to Desiree. The music was just beginning and he listened for a moment before he spoke.

"Ah, a waltz. Are you familiar with it, Lady Desiree?"

Faustos held out a clawed hand, palm open, an invitation for her to place her hand in his.

((Sorry I dragged your character around, but I wanted to make sure I gave you enough to work with. Let me know if you would prefer not to have ended up where we are, and I can delete the last part of the post.))

x

BumuxUsagi's Waifu

Romantic Creature

User Image

A sharp breath sucked in when a suddenly blazing gaze was leveled on her once again. In itself, his eyes were a lovely and tremulous thing to behold; but to be on the receiving end just as they were awakened by some stimulus she could not yet understand set her on an edge. A flattered one, because it sent a blush creeping along her cheeks while tugging a genuine smile out from the placid façade she normally wore. Accepting the offered arm of the demon, the little weaver allowed herself to be guided around the edges of the dance floor, but the demon at her side went forgotten as she skimmed the crowd with growing apprehension. Not because she was surrounded by a myriad assortment of devils, nor even was it that she was in a strange place filled with stranger strangers. Not the strangers part, anyways.

‘There are so many people…’ she mused fretfully to herself, a quick tongue darting out to dab at her lips nervously. Was Faust able to feel how her heart raced each time he dared to weasel them close to the crowd? It seemed so, because she could have sworn he tested her reaction before seeming to settle with walking the fringes. Her chest was thundering to her own ears, and a mental reminder that she was surrounded by nonhumans who might very well be able to hear that prey induced cycle of fear did little to calm her down. ‘Breathe. Breathe. It will be alright, surely they wouldn’t…laugh. Right?’ Another lick of the lips, and Desiree cleared her throat to cover the sound of a whimper that rose unwilling when they finally came to a stop at the edges of the room.

“Ah, a waltz. Are you familiar with it, Lady Desiree?”

No! No she wasn’t! Was that the..did you…how? A quick glance over her shoulder told her little; though it was a small blessing that she noticed the men seemed to be leading the dance. Could she simply do as she had been doing and allow Faust to twirl her at his leisure? She wasn’t a clumsy girl; surely she could manage without stepping on his toes. Though, she grumbled inwardly to herself, she doubted he would notice a waif such a she ghosting over his foot. He would probably mistake it for a breeze.

“I-I’m afraid I….don’t know how to dance.” Lowering her gaze and skittering it to the side, she accepted his offered hand. Chill fingers skimmed along his palm before settling to be clasped. In a nervous wreck, she had still yet to pay half a mind to the inky skin of his limbs, only a half a thought given to admire the intricate silver caps on the end of his fingers. Fingers? Blinking, she suddenly furrowed her brow and gave him a moment of her true attention. Only a mere moment mind you, to allow herself to realize she had been unobservant and admire the deadly claws before shrugging in indifference. She tried again at a smile, the tips quivering with the effort her flared eyes belied.

“I shall try not to make too much a fool of myself.” She promised gently, tightening her grip for a second while easing a step nearer.

Who: Faust Where: Fringes of the ballroom Wearing: Homemade Attire

Feeling: Embarrassed and frightened. Doing: Making a fool of herself, shortly!

OoC:

Wheezing Genius

User Image
User Image
User Image

Faust waited patiently as the young woman took a moment to gain her bearings. When she finally admitted she did not know how to dance, Faust smiled.

Ah, so that is what's bothering her. Or at least a part of it.

For a moment, as she did not meet his gaze, Faust wondered if she planned to excuse herself and surrender to the nearest shadowy corner. Instead, Desiree raised her hand and settled it in his. He was surprised at the coolness of her touch, and at how small her hand was in comparison to his own. He could feel the calluses of her profession on her fingers and marveled again at the idea of sending away a skilled worker.

I wonder what my hand feels like to a human? I've been told by other demons that my skin is warmer than most. And I know she will not find any rough spots, not with my regeneration...

He became aware then, as he closed his fingers over hers, that she was looking at his hand quite intently. He had grasped her hand gently, making sure that his silver-capped claws did not touch her skin and her frown made him suddenly self conscious.

Surely she noticed my claws before? They're not exactly the easiest things to miss.

But even as he thought about it, Desiree shrugged, as if what she had noticed had proved inconsequential. Faust couldn't lie about being a bit taken aback. His claw-like nails had always been a source of contention within his life, from the battlefield to the bedroom. During the war, even the other demons, despite knowing which side he fought for, were wary. One demon had chuckled nervously about how Faust ought to be careful about turning too fast, or he might take off someone's head. The man had tried to phrase it as a joke, but the undercurrent of apprehension was impossible to miss.

Even after the war, when he had first taken a lover, she was constantly asking whether or not Faust could file them down or have them removed. The relationship was short lived, and the attempt to avoid such antics again was what had set Faust down a string of one night stands with women he would preferably never have to meet again.

Faust returned from his reverie as Desiree's hand squeezed his and the petite woman stepped closer. Her eyes were wide and bright, and though she tried for a smile, Faustos could feel her anxiety.

"There is no foolishness in learning something new, and mistakes are a part of the journey. Now then."

He slipped his free hand around to her back, and settled it just beneath her shoulder blade.

"Normally you would put your free hand on my shoulder, but due to the difference in height you can rest your arm on top of mine, if it would be more comfortable."

The top of her head just barely reached his collarbone, and as she adjusted her position, Faust once again found himself staring straight down her front. This time, however, he did not have quite the view he had before, and was more fully able to appreciate the gems and the pattern they created on the semi-sheer fabric over the top of her chest.

Perhaps it was the lighting... there IS a chandelier directly over the entrance...

He mused idly as his gaze roamed to the rich burgundy fabric that made up the rest of the gown. The texture and drape was not quite like anything he had seen before. It had caught his eye earlier in the evening, but hadn't been sure what had seemed special about it.

I'm going to have to remember to ask about that.

"Now the waltz, or at least the basic step, is quite simple. All we're going to do is draw a box on the floor to a rhythm."

Faust smiled reassuringly.

"Out on the fringes here we won't need to worry about bumping into others, so we can stay in one place, rather than trying to maneuver around others."

Faust studied Desiree's face for a moment, before breaking into a grin.

"Back, side, together. Forward, side, together. Ready?"

Without any more warning, Faust began. As he started to step forward with his right leg, he used a bit of pressure against her hand to encourage her to step backward.

"Back with your left," and then he applied a gentle pressure this time with the hand on her back, "step to the side with your right, and feet together."

He paused, allowing her to regain her footing.

"That was one half. Next, you step forward with your right." Faust stepped back with his left, his hand on her back encouraging her forward.

"Then to the side with your left, and feet together." He paused.

"And now we are back where we started. In the beginning, just think of it as a game of chase. If you try to step away," he gently pressed on her hand, once again giving her the subtle cue to step backward, "then I step toward you. If I try to move away," and here he began the step to the side, "then you move to me. Eventually, it all becomes one fluid motion. No chasing, just dancing."

x

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
CedarTreeofLife

XoEvil _AngelXo

Wither of Roses

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alistair may have surprised the pink demon because the demon did not see him approach and looked only briefly surprised. He was however as graceful and charismatic as Alistair had expected, however. He quickly recovered, and said his name. Zuriel, what as interesting name, I've heard it before. He had heard it before, in whispers and rumors. He was a leader, not the leader, of course, but still someone very important and definitely in Lucifer's inner circle. Zuriel gestured for a waiter to bring over some food. Alistair was grateful as he grabbed a few sandwiches. They looked human; but he wasn't sure. He timidly bit one, it tasted decent, if just slightly off. He couldn't pinpoint what was off about the sandwich but he didn't want to know.

Instead, he ate them quickly and was done with them by the time Zuriel spoke again. Handsome, aren't you a charmer. Alistair grinned, as he finished his last bite. "I'm grateful for the food. I would say your handsome as well, but I have yet to see what your working with." Alistair's eyes went down to Zuriel's waist. "I do however have high expectations." Alistair had noticed Zuriel's eyes had never left him. Something he wasn't sure he should either be pleased about or worried. Alistair was about to answer which kingdom he was from when another demon came up to them. He was very pale, like a ghost. His hair was the same white as his skin. He was tall just like Zuriel. Alistair was starting to wonder if he would always be the shortest male in the room now. His height was tall for a human male's but he was nothing like these demons. The demon mentioned someone named Vasanti, to which Zuriel chuckled. Clearly it was someone Zuriel knew, although her name Alistair had not heard before. The white demon, or was he, gestured for Alistair to try a glowing drink.

Although, Alistair could handle his liquor quite well, he knew demon liquor would be at a different level altogether. But, he wasn't going to be underestimated. So, Alistair grabbed the nearest drink and lifted his glass to the white haired demon. "Alistair, pleasure to meet you and I'm sure I can handle it." Alistair looked at the glowing drink and than chugged it all down at one time. It was potent and he felt himself wanting to cough because the taste had been so strong. However, he swallowed his cough and grinned, the smile was just slightly lopsided. "Okay, I'll admit that was probably the strongest drink I've ever had." He was pretty sure both of them would start cracking up at him, but before he could laugh with them a human girl approached. Nevaeh, he believed. She asked them if anyone of them wanted to dance. The others had been so preoccupied with him, he didn't think they noticed. So, he smiled at Nevaeh. "If you would like, I can dance with you. But I'm sure you would much rather prefer one of these gents. I might be too boring for you." Said Alistair, he was trying to be nice. All the girls were much more afraid than him, he could hardly blame them. They didn't even know how to fight.

With: Vas, Pale White Ghost like Demon? / Nevaeh
                                                                        Where: Grand Ballroom
                                                                        OOC: IPosted~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff