Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Datemate

User Image

User ImageUser Image

██ ⋆ creator - Keoji ⋆ ██ ⋆ mod - Crimson_Vision ⋆ ██ ⋆ coding - Althoci ⋆ ██
inspirations - How to Tame Your Dragon ; Dragonheart ; Seikoku no Dragonar

Enduring Datemate

User Image

xON WINGS OF THUNDERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSEARCH ME OUTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTWIST AND TURNxxxx
          xxxxxhonor boundxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi drum the soundxxxxxxxxxxxxin the night

xDRAGON COMExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPROTECTOR AND GUARDIAN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCOME TO ME xxxx
          xxxxxmy guiding lightxxxxxxxxxxxxfriend not foexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsee my sigil glow

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                User Image
                                Every few hundred years, a batch of homosapiens are birthed bearing the brand of the “tamer”. In conjunction to their mark, a dragon journeys solely, carrying their respective tamer’s brand, forever searching for their destined ally. The tamers were harked as heroes and viewed as saviors of the world, especially with their majestic beast fated to their side. The connection between the dragon and tamer was powerful, and an unseen force linked their souls into one; so much so, that the shared bond expanded the tamer’s life although if the tamer were to die, the dragon would also perish. The realm praised these legendary heroes and inscribed them securely into history through books, songs and tales.

However, a dark age fell upon the world and destroyed the tamer’s idealistic fable. Dragons turned upon the humans with the death of their king through the hands of an arrogant knight. Villages burned into the night, entire populations were wiped out underneath the dragon’s fury and a war had begun against the godly creatures. The war raged for years until finally, the last of the remaining dragons crawled into hiding. Existing tamers were sought and slaughtered, their respective dragons expiring alongside them. Peace riddled the world for time to follow, or so it seemed.

Fortune favored another batch of tamers, despite the fame having dwindled to mere fairy tales. Training for the majority of their lives, the tamers anticipate their destined meeting. No one had seen a dragon for at least one hundred years, and relished in the lack of danger. Villages had turned into beautiful kingdoms and the population flourished greatly – the human race had become dominant in the world. However, the threat lingered with the knowledge that dragons continued to exist, although in secret.

The dragons had grown intelligent, evolving into the ability to shape shift in order to fit in with the human species. Their kind, bordering on the brink of extinction, urged the branded dragons to discover their intended human for the sake of their survival. The slayers had grown strong and bore a great peril to those that were left of their kind; it was time for the dragons to freely roam the skies once again. It was time for an era where the dragons and tamers in legend to be harked as heroes once more, not outcasts.

It was time to come from hiding; a true age of peace.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xSTRONG AND TRUE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI BECKON THEE xxxx
                                  xxxxxthis friendship charmxxxxxxxxxxxxkeep me from harm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xAROUND AND ABOUT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCOME TO ME xxxx
                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyour magic swirlsxxxxxxxxxxxxyour wings unfurled

Enduring Datemate

User Image

xON WINGS OF THUNDERxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSEARCH ME OUTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTWIST AND TURNxxxx
          xxxxxhonor boundxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi drum the soundxxxxxxxxxxxxin the night

xDRAGON COMExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPROTECTOR AND GUARDIAN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCOME TO ME xxxx
          xxxxxmy guiding lightxxxxxxxxxxxxfriend not foexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsee my sigil glow

Does the tamer die if the dragon dies?
                                                      No, only the dragon dies if their tamer dies. The tamer will go on surviving without their dragon, although back in the day, a tamer whose dragon had died was viewed as an outcast for not having the ability to protect something so precious. If the tamer is over the normal lifespan for a human and their dragon dies, they will die as well (because they will lose the link that had expanded their lifeline in the first place).

Does the tamer search for the dragon?

They can, although usually it is the dragon that finds their tamer. The dragon may be searching for a great number of years for their trainer, and may never even locate him. The dragons may have been born hundreds of years before their respective tamer is even born.

Can all dragons shapeshift to humanoid forms?

Only the dragons that have evolved into that ability during the years after the war can do so.

What about the mark?

Tamer & dragon have identical marks on identical regions on their bodies.

How do the dragons & tamers meet?

You will have to plot with your partner how your dragon and tamer met. At the beginning of this roleplay, your characters have already met and established their alliance.

How will the characters be paired?

This will be decided after I have filled the roles.

Do I have to play a human tamer?

Yes. Elves exist, although they will only be used as NPC characters. Mythical creatures exist as well, although rarely seen as they thrive in dangerous forests.

I don't really like the idea of pairs...

Just because your dragon or tamer are paired up does not mean they have to be romantically involved! Expand your horizons!

Do I have to play on the good side?

Absolutely not. You can be the hero, the villain or neutral. That is up to you completely.

And the slayers?

I will be accepting 4 characters for the dragon/tamer slayers. No, they are not the only slayers that exist (in fact, there's an entire organization of them) but this particular group will be a focus point for the roleplay. They will be a group that travels together, etc and will be expected to plot together.

Can the dragons have special powers?

Yes! They are dragons, therefore they can have special abilities whether it is elemental, pure strength, etc. Just don't make them too crazy!

Enduring Datemate

User Image

I don't care if you're literate, advanced, elite, just have some knowledge about the preexisting conditions regarding grammar and punctuation. I prefer quality over quantity, so I'd honestly rather have three paragraphs that will aid in roleplay progression than twenty paragraphs that won't help a slug move an inch forward. One liners are not acceptable.

I will not accept super girly characters. Yes, I am biased and I don't care. If you want to join this roleplay, I expect your character to be pretty badass. I mean it. We don't have time for princesses and whiny babies in this story. Move along.

YOU CAN "PRETTY POST" YOUR STUFF OR LEAVE IT COMPLETELY BLANK. I do not give a s**t what you do because all that matters to me is the actual post. " )

Do not join this roleplay if you cannot stay in the roleplay. I want this to be as long termed as possible, so if you don't have the time then turn away now; don't waste my own. Post as often as you can, and I will not tolerate waiting on an individual. Anything (vacations, broken computer, whatever) that will cause you to be away from the computer for a lengthy amount of time must be reported to me, please. If not, lack of attendance will result a boot from the roleplay within 1 week. Also, this allows me free reign of your character as well, meaning I can do whatever I want with them ICly.

Unfortunately, we have to keep things PG-13. Cussing, gore, violence and minor sexual situations are fine. Anything that gets heavier, pop off the thread and do elsewhere.

DO NOT cause drama in my OOC, godmode in the IC, or question ANYTHING I say. I am an extremely laid back person and rarely get to b***h mode so don't take advantage of it.

GODMODE – this means that you take someone else’s character and involve them in anything that your own character is doing, control their character in some way, or put their character in your history WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT. I have had an issue with a godmoder in the past in a literate roleplay and cannot believe I have to even ******** explain what this is. Basically, make sure you ask the character’s owner for permission to involve their character with yours in any way.

Please read EVERYTHING in the IC thread and if you have any further questions, direct them to me in the OOC.

There will be a very limited application because I believe that no one should know anything about your character and should learn throughout roleplaying alongside him. However, please post in the OOC if you would like to reserve a spot. And after reserving a spot, you have 48 hours to complete the form.

ANIME PICTURES ONLY.

Male x male relationships. Females will only be allowed as side characters for whatever purposes.

Enduring Datemate

User Image

The world is called Moria.
                                I made a basic map with the main areas.
                                Other than that, you have free range to make up your own smaller kingdoms/regions/villages/etc. Use your imagination!

User Image

Stonedale
                                xxxThe central, largest kingdom. The center of Moria, also where the military hails from.

Wildevale
                                xxxA beautiful kingdom of elves that are in alliance with the humans.

Lormere & Brookmere
                                xxxSister port kingdoms - peaceful farming regions full of villages and ports with amazing ships.

Ironshore
                                xxxA city of blacksmiths, weapon/armor creation.

Fayoak Forest
                                xxxAn enormous forest rumored to be the home of all sorts of mythical creatures.

Silverhurst Mountains
                                xxxLegend has it that this region is where dragons originate.

Chacurimeo
                                xxxA mysterious island that has yet to be fully explored.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Enduring Datemate

User Image

Anime picture.
                                Name (1 name for dragons, First & Last for others)
                                Dragon / Tamer / Slayer.
                                3 good traits.
                                2 bad traits.
                                Small paragraph that summarizes a bit about your character (doesn't have to be any more than 5 sentences).
                                Username.
                                Link to roleplay sample(s).

I will be inserting this information into my own layout.

Enduring Datemate

User Image

- / - positions filled.
                                ★★ Crimson_Vision
                                ★★ Z e r r -- Ran
                                ★★ lord of yam
                                ★★ lost-silent-star

a l e cxxl y l e
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxpassionatedevotedambitious
                                                      xxxxxheadstrongimpetuous
                                                      xxxxxxxxTAMED ORIN
                                                      “You can change the stars of your fate.” Alec lives by the words spoken to him by his father. He whole-heartedly believes that one day balance will be restored in Moria again, where dragons and humans can live together side by side. And with this firm belief instilled in him by not only his father, but also by the guardian he was given to, Alec strives to make this dream a reality. Given away at a young age to a tamer who was united with his dragon in secret, Alec was trained in all the workings of being a strong tamer and most importantly, a survivor. He embraced it all, training vigilantly and searching his whole life for the dragon he would call his own. He changed the fate of his stars by not dying as his father feared he would, by not getting hunted down by the slayers despite the obvious tamer mark imprinted on his right palm. He realigned his stars by meeting his dragon and bonding in closeness, protectiveness, and loyalty in the few years that passed since the first fateful day they met. So, Alec fully believes that he and his dragon can bring peace and glory back. They were destined for each other for a reason, after all.
                                                      PLAYED BY CRIMSON_VISION

v a nxxl e o p o l d
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxmaximizinghonestspirited
                                                      xxxxxstubborntemperamental
                                                      xxxxxxxxTRAVELING WITH KAZE
                                                      Van never felt lucky to be a tamer. He should be anticipating but, instead, he felt chained. He felt like a toy, a pawn, for the dragons. At the heart of it, Van liked to make his decisions, not others or fate to make them for him. As he was set to train to become a proper tamer, Van often fled from classes and activities into the towns for fun and adventure. He rarely sat still and tried to escape the clutches of fate. Almost obsessively, Van tried to hide his marking. In his trips of leisure, Van got into a spot or two trouble playing a little Robin Hood here and there when it suited him.
                                                      PLAYED BY Z E R R -- RAN

g a l e nxxc a l l a h a n
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxstoicwarmobservant
                                                      xxxxxreticentun-motivated
                                                      xxxxxxxxTAMED RANGAHL
                                                      A gentle soul, Galen would be much better suited leading a life of peace. From the time he was born, into extreme poverty with a telltale birthmark on his skin, his life was fated to be full of hardship. Weathering beatings and malnutrition as a child, Galen still managed to grow tall and strong, leaving home in early adolescence to find his bearing in life. Somehow he fell in with a group of mercenaries, learning his way around a longsword and dozens of survival-based skills. For a person who had never had the chance to stretch his intellectual muscles, Galen excelled.
                                                      The tamer part came less easy. Galen knew very little about dragons and understood even less how he was supposed to manage to 'tame' one. Even so, the idea of fate appealed to him in a way; it meant perhaps he'd have something concrete in his life for once--someone to care for.

PLAYED BY LORD OF YAM

m y r i a dxxb a s t i a n
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxobservantperseveringdecisive
                                                      xxxxxnaivecrude
                                                      xxxxxxxxTAMED SAUDA
                                                      From a far countryside, Myriad was always a tranquil man that wasn't the kind to get involved with others. Due to events from the past, Myriad didn't exactly have the best relationships with men, especially those who kill and hunt. Having the destiny of a tamer, Myriad was honestly apathetic towards the whole thing. While many envied him, he wasn't going to go looking for his dragon. In fact, he spent his life at his hometown, watching the birds until he met his dragon. Nowadays, he's trained himself to hunt and fend for himself, although he doesn't like the idea of stealing a life of another.
                                                      PLAYED BY LOST-SILENT-STAR

Enduring Datemate

User Image

- / - positions filled.
                                ★★ Keoji
                                ★★ Althoci
                                ★★ Charmed Conundrum
                                ★★ Althoci

o r i n
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxfearlessloyalprotective
                                                      xxxxxtroublesome curiositysmug
                                                      xxxxxxxxTAMED BY ALEC
                                                      Discovered as a forlorn egg by a young boy, Orin was hidden in the remaining debris of a destroyed castle deep in the depths of a forest. Before and after hatching, he was cared for by the boy and was kept a secret from the war raging continent. When the boy discovered his special mark, he was granted the stories and legends of past dragon and tamer pairs, and of their remarkable journeys together. The boy installed the importance of seeking his tamer upon Orin, and explained that despite the ugly reputation they may had at the current time, it wouldn’t last and the pairs would be harked as heroes once again. The boy became a man, and then an old man and soon died – leaving the mourning dragon alone for many, many years. Eventually, he escaped his lonesome habitat to search for the one he was destined; overcoming slayers, the weary open eye and even his own taxing predicaments brought on by a juvenile inquisitiveness.
                                                      PLAYED BY KEOJI

s a u d a
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxmotivatedloyalstubborn
                                                      xxxxxroughruthless
                                                      xxxxxxxxTAMED BY MYRIAD
                                                      A dragon early born, hidden safely by small tribe far across into the country side. He was kept sacred, seen as a gift from the Gods above by the tribes people. By the stubbornness of the others around him they managed to keep him away from the war and the slaying. It was only when he grew much older that he was allowed to take his journey, searching for the one who shared his mark. Sauda was raised as a warrior and he still is one at heart, ruthless towards his enemies and sometimes even his allies. For years ha sought the man that was to be his tamer, the only person on his mind besides those who took care of him so long ago, long dead by now. When he finally found the man he knelt and pledged his loyalty for the other until the end of time itself.
                                                      PLAYED BY ALTHOCI

r a n g a h l
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxenduringhonestfierce
                                                      xxxxxselfishmocking
                                                      xxxxxxxxTAMED BY GALEN
                                                      Rangahl had always known of his fate. He was hatched in a time of peace, to a bloodline in service to the dragon king. A clan of proud fire drakes that had served and protected the great dragon and the King's lands for centuries, the discovery of his mark was at first disheartening, but quickly met with joy. For while his father had hoped his first son would continue their line, he had known a greater fate would await him. Unfortunately, he did not hold those same ideals, when the King was slain. Rangahl was only the dragon equivalent of a teenager at the time, hopeful for the future and the day he would meet his bond mate. But when new spread, that future was washed away in a tidal wave of his clan's shame and rage. The seed of Rangahl's still growing mind was planted in the field of war drums and blood... and it was there that it grew. His destiny all but forgotten.

Rangahl changed, and even when the war had been lost, it seemed as though the blood never stopped flowing. He grew used to losing friends, family, until no one remained but himself. For a time he was angry and malicious, slaughtering any who dared even look at him wrong. But that too, changed with time. He stopped feeling all together, and only began to live for whatever would please himself. No longer caring about the differences of dragons and humans, good or evil, he did whatever wanted, when he wanted. Only acting to fulfill his own personal desires as he waited patiently for the day death would come for him.

PLAYED BY CHARMED CONUNDRUM

k a z e
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxbravesocialquick-witted
                                                      xxxxxhot headedimpulsive
                                                      xxxxxxxxTRAVELING WITH VAN
                                                      This dragon was born in the desert and unlike many others he was actually raised by his own kin. These were hidden creatures that lived in the sand and survived the scorching sun and freezing nights. Though he only had a mother to learn from, that was more then enough. Kaze thrived and had a pretty good life til the age of around one hundred and it was at this point he started traveling the world and learned of the corruption that filled it.

Despite the darkness the world offered he actually didn't dislike the humans at all, though he preferred to watch them from afar rather then actually interacting with them. Until he learned that only observing, didn't always work. Life became difficult when s**t went down and well, people hunted dragons like flies. Luckily he was already used to hardship of the desert so he survived. No matter what humans did he never did manage to hate them. And even now, several cycles later he still observes and learns from the tiny beings.

PLAYED BY ALTHOCI

Enduring Datemate

User Image

- / - positions filled.
                                ★★ phannyyy
                                ★★ s u p e r l o v e r
                                ★★ lost-silent-star
                                ★★ lord of yam

m a g n exxl e o n h a r t e
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxversatileindependentplacid
                                                      xxxxxcallousvengeful
                                                      Magne is not a man of many words. He has pledged his alliance to the Slayers when he was standing upon the graves of his family and friends. Those who destroyed his once-ideal life would meet their demise. He had experienced first hand what brutality the dragons were capable of and if their "tamers" are to be their allies, then they too are no different then their foul counterparts. Magne's fellow comrades do not know much about the stoic man except that he has his own personal vendetta against tamers and their dragons.
                                                      PLAYED BY PHANNYYY

e l i j a hxxp a l a m a r a
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxstrong-willeddutifulintrospective
                                                      xxxxxdogmaticpossessive
                                                      With the death of his Tamer Father, so did Elijah’s love for dragons. His hatred ignited the night his family was taken away from him and left him alone on the outskirts of Ironshore. He spent days wandering the Fayoak Forest until an elderly couple on an expedition found him and took him in. They strongly believed in the dragons and the peace that could be achieved once they were all reunited with their tamers and tried to instill the lore and understanding to a stubborn Elijah. Although Elijah continued to be raised on the stories of dragons despite his family’s passing, he remained callous and chose the path of a slayer; making a name for himself throughout Northern Moria. He now searches for allies to eliminate the dragons permanently.
                                                      PLAYED BY S U P E R L O V E R

k a r i nxxs o u l
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxconfidentwittysly
                                                      xxxxxpridefulimpulsive
                                                      Born into a rich family, Karin was instantly forced into the life of a slayer. There wasn't really any traumatic experience between him and dragons. He didn't exactly have the motivation to become a slayer or anything unlike most of them. Not really holding any feelings towards dragons, he only started taking training and becoming a slayer seriously when he saw one of the older slayers fight another dragon. After, that, he began to desire the thrill and fun of killing dragons. The only downfall was that he was with other people, that could be taller than him, or make fun of his name.
                                                      PLAYED BY LOST-SILENT-STAR

v a s i l yxxm i l o s
                                                      User Image
                                                      xxxxxdedicatedintelligentobsessive
                                                      xxxxxrelentlesscold
                                                      Vasily was raised a skilled hunter. Ever since he was a young child he would accompany his parents on hunting trips in the woods. As he grew older, Vasily found he had a knack for hunting the largest game--predators. Any time a bear or wolf menaced his small forest town, Vasily volunteer to go and take care of the beast. Once, the beast that was stealing livestock and frightening children was not a mere bear. It was a dragon accompanied by her tamer.
                                                      This hunt would prove to be the most harrowing and dangerous experience of Vasily's life. It was the first time he would kill a dragon and a human, and it changed him. When he returned to town, the fires that had burned his flesh had faded but there was a new spark in his eyes. Vasily became obsessed with training, hunting, and slaying every last dragon on the planet.

PLAYED BY LORD OF YAM

Enduring Datemate

This is a reserve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out