Shhh. Yes. Just please never say that again. 0.11764705882353 11.8% [ 2 ]
Fo shizzle ma nizzle. 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 7 ]
Nerp! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I AM A LEPRECHAUN. I NEED GOLD. 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 1 ]
Me no sure. . . . Very thinking. Such intimidated. 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 17 ]

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Life got in the way the first time I tried to open this RP, so I'm trying again!
Hope you can stick around!

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

A streetlamp flickers somewhere in the darkness. The neon glow of bars, strip clubs, seedy hotels, and clubs casts a faint light across the pavement. Urban fireflies flare on stoops of abandoned buildings and dance through alleyways, accompanied by chimes of laughter that trail away into nowhere. One of the fireflies flutters to the ground, only to be snuffed by a crushing boot. The owner of the boot grinds the cigarette into the pavement and you can see in the pale light an eerily white smile. Eyes aflame, body charged with a carnal ferocity which makes your legs weak, he saunters . . . no, floats towards you. And then his lips brush against your ear, whispering words you do not understand. But though you do not understand them, your body yearns to hear them once more. In every word he promises the world, yet in every word he promises nothing.

And then he takes you.

- - - - -

It is not too uncommon for people to disappear into the woodworks of New York City. Hundreds upon thousands of people walk the streets every day. Noone notices the downtrodden young men and women who simply vanish under the light of the moon. Some are unwanted; they have no place to go where loved ones are waiting. Others crave exotic substances in order to remember what it is like to feel alive. Even worse are the innocent or the broken ones who are tricked into believing they will find a place where they will belong, a place where they will be loved.

But it is always a trick.

When the effect of the "Never" wears off and after they take their first bite of faerie food, the illusion shatters. Humans then see the hollow promises for what they are as they crumble into dust 'tween their fingers. They have been taken by the Unseelie who prowl the streets, ever hungry for more pretty little human trinkets to add to their collections. Freedom is no longer theirs.

The Boy was unfortunate enough to be drawn to this terrifyingly beautiful world. He snuffed "Never" and succumbed to sweet nothings from the King, though he never would have known at the time what he was getting himself into. It started with just an offer for a drink. Then it turned into drugs and sex and, finally, the King pleaded for the Boy to accompany him somewhere wonderful, somewhere he would never hurt again. It was all too much to resist. Carried away, absent of mind and his own free will, the Boy consented. Down back alley's they danced, intertwined in each others' everything, absent of all worldly cares. The Boy forgot the world he left behind. What met him in the "wonderful" place was a castle with great gardens out front. Silver streams cascaded into ponds of golden ambrosia where beautiful men and women supped to their hearts' content. Beautiful copper pathways led to willow groves where concealed orchestras of pleasured moans rang out into the night air. Every person they passed was more beautiful than the next, but stranger too. Some had horns or fur, others scales or wings. The Boy wondered aloud if it were a costume party and the King praised him for his sweetness. Up the palace steps Cinderella and her "prince" glided, until they were in the great hall. Banquet table after banquet table continued on as far as the eye could see positively dripping with foods more appetizing than mortal minds could imagine. The Boy was enamored and, though not quite interested in the food, allowed the King to slip one grape past his lips.

It tasted foul.

The Boy's Brother, though furious with him for his "nighttime habits", became very worried about his disappearance. But like every other human, he had no idea the scope of the trouble in which his brother had been ensnared. He and his two friends, we will refer to them as Molly and Lucy, started to look to the seedier parts of town for answers.

The Knight has noticed them snooping around. Humans who do not pose threats do not ask questions. The Brother and his friends are asking too many of those. His servants, Pusher and Peddler, were the ones who introduced the Boy to the faerie drug "Never". One is in charge of selling it, the other distributing. They have been ordered to befriend the Brother, Molly, and Lucy in order to draw them off the trail. Their method of doing so is currently up to them. The Knight himself is a dog of the King's, having lost his name to him centuries ago. He is loyal to a point, taking care of dirty trifles the King would rather not take part in. To ensure his docility, the King keeps the Knight's lover, a little faerie we will call Finch, on a short leash. Finch is kept in his gilded cage alongside the Boy. The Steward is one of the King's many human lovers and has earned a place close to his side. Like all other human pets he is enamored with his master. But what makes the Steward and the Boy different from others is their ability to retain their senses. Their minds are still sharp and their personalities intact. Because of this, the King has yet to tire of either of them. He has put the Steward in charge of affairs around the "castle". These affairs include organizing the servants, readying the castle for banquets, keeping him company, and caring for the human pets' mental and physical states.

Dog takes care of kidnappings and murders. He thirsts for human blood like it were ambrosia. All the world is his playground and he has long since torn his leash from his collar. Even the King is wary of upsetting him.

In the seedy neighborhood around the "castle" lives a large number of people both ignorant and involved with the Unseelie comings and goings. Most of them are human, for the Fae all live within the castle. One such human is the Warden. He is in charge of keeping the humans in line. Though he does not work closely with the King, word of mouth has suggested to him that he keep an eye out for nosy people. If he passes along any such information, his strip club magically receives a large monetary donation from an anonymous source. The same is true for his lending out one of his back rooms for "storage". He never personally handles the "Never", but does nothing to hinder its distribution inside his doors. Honey and Sap work for him and, as you might imagine, have some idea of their bosses' wrongdoings. They do not talk for fear of retribution from the community. Sap knows the Boy's Brother personally, but has no idea about the Boy's whereabouts. Honey's frequent client, both during and after showtime, is the glamoured King.

The time of the summer solstice is drawing near. Every Fae littered around New York is working their way towards the "castle" for a grand celebration. It is at this time that a handful of human pets will be selected to forfeit their lives for their faerie masters. Human blood is poisonous to fae because of its iron content. Those like the Dog and the King who have survived ingesting it multiple times find it the most addicting of drugs. The King limits himself to once a year to "keep the occasion special and all the more tantalizing to look forward to".

There is much speculation as to which pet it will be that loses its head this year.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

User Image

Follow ToS. At least 400 words per post. This is yaoi, malexmale, so NO GIRLS. You send me in a profile with a female and I will ruin you. I mean that with the most love possible! This is advanced literate, so that means you have to be able to write at least at a highschool level. Grammar mistakes kill me but I will forgive them to a degree. Spelling I am much more forgiving towards. Still, I expect you to spell MOST everything to the best of your abilities. Also, no God-Modding. If you want to move someone's character, get their permission. Simple. No killing each other. If you are the Dog, I will allow you to kill at will. You can't off the main characters, though. That is all I ask. And yes, fae are very powerful in their own respects, but they are not too OP. Some humans aren't as susceptible to faerie magics. The Brother is one of those. Conduct your character accordingly.

Romance is a big theme in this. People will fall in love, fall out of love, be stolen away, et cetera. As such, there will be sex. But you know the rules. If it gets too steamy, time-skip. While I'm all for reading sex scenes we are aware it just cannot happen here. Respect Gaia and their wishes.

This is my RP until I accept you. If that happens, it will become your RP as well. But until then it is mine and I have the right to reject any application. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Arguing with me isn't going to get you anywhere. Sorry. I'm sick of it.

This is going to be a short term(?) roleplay, I guess. When the main plot is resolved, we can choose whether or not we want to pursue making another chapter to the RP. If this one goes over well with flying colors, that may be just what we will do. I still expect you to be committed, regardless, and to post twice a week at least. If you need to drop out, just tell me. No questions asked I will let you go. Actually, I might ask you to stick around until we can have someone take over your character. Please give me heads up in advance if this is the case. I'm going back to college within the next week, so I'll be on and off frequently. Life is life. Don't let this RP tie you down, but don't leave us hanging. Be responsible.

Apply in the applications thread. Do not change the layout no matter how much you think it sucks. If I accept your application, you may then start on your profile. PM profiles to me with your favourite book as the title. (Profiles may not be up right away. I take FOREVER to code //cries) I'd like to get to know you more! Feel free to post in the OOC before you send in an App. It's free for anyone, even if you're just peeking!

User Image

This is a dark, grimey, rp filled with drugs, sex, murder, and everything in between. PLEASE CREATE YOUR CHARACTERS ACCORDINGLY. There will be many faults, imperfections, quirks, et cetera involved. If I get two applications with too similar characters I will reject one on that grounds, simple as that. Keep in mind that tops and bottoms need to be as equal as possible. Flexible characters are most welcome, I just can't deal with a billion ukes running around, okay? "Love at first sight" will be possible in this RP because of glamours. Technically, though, it isn't really love so even that's not true.

Vary your races, please. And I also ask that you look them up beforehand. Some fae can't do certain things. EX: Elves don't normally eat meat. Like me, you can bend the rules a little bit if it makes your character's story more interesting. I will tell you if you've gone too far. NO VAMPIRES. NO WEREWOLVES. In some countries, these guys are considered fae. Here they are not.

Pictures will be anime. Sorry, that's just how I'm feelin' today. I cannot repeat enough how much I wish you to create a character that is appropriate for this RP. That includes the picture of the character. I will accept semi-realistic pictures (I use them frequently), but that is where I draw the line.

If for some reason you have a really GENIUS idea as to a character role to add to the story, pm me about it and we'll talk. I'm always open to new plot twists and ideas that progress the story in different ways. But think it through well before hand and pitch the idea in a way I couldn't possibly resist.

User Image

Use size 9-10 font for your body paragraphs. I LOVE pretty post layouts, just so you know. They aren't required, but I love them and love to see them. I personally will try and make a pretty layout. However, you might have noticed, I suck at coding so I make everything quite simple looking. If you don't feel like making a pretty layout, just make sure you have a picture, name, and the character's role in the post.

User Image

I already touched on this, but I can't stress enough that this is ADV. LIT. And while I don't expect you to write "A Letter From Birmingham Jail" length posts every time, I want you to write novels. I'm not talking about length. I want to feel I am IN your posts, that I am breathing the same air as your character and feeling the world through them. Write as if you're sending this to be published and your childrens' lives depend on the money you get from selling this book. You could write me one just barely 400 word paragraph that knocks my socks off and I would adore you. OR, you could write me a 600 paragraph post that makes me want to tear my hair out. Quality. Over. Quantity. Use a spell-checker and re-read your posts before you submit them. My least favourite mistakes are the ones that could have been prevented by re-reading.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

User ImagexUser Image

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

The Unseelie: do not care for anyone but themselves. Humans are tools to be stepped on and discarded at will. Their lighter halves - the Seelie fae - will work with humans without the initial intention of tricking them. But a faerie is still a faerie, so never trust one unless they swear by their name. Even then, phrase your favors very carefully. Fae can find loopholes in almost anything. Basically, do not make wagers with faeries. Humans almost never win. The Erlking is the king of the faeries and runs the Unseelie court. His counterpart, the queen, runs the Seelie court. The two dislike each other very much, if only because they are envious of the other's beauty.

Faeries are: Almost all magical creatures, not including vampires, werewolves, and witches/wizards. The shortened term for the collective magical grouping is fae. Satyrs, goblins, hobgoblins, elves, pixies, centaur, boggarts, imps, dryad, spriggan, trolls, and many others others belong to the fae grouping. All can use glamour, but the smaller the fae the less powerful they are. Please switch up your fae races. Not everyone can be a pretty elf or a mischievous pixie.

Iron sickness: The fae who do not live under the protective glamour of the "castle" are susceptible to iron sickness. Because of the sheer amount of it in the buildings and underneath the streets, any fae who does not consume "Never" will fall desperately ill and die within the week. Symptoms of iron sickness are terrible rashes, fevers, and peeling skin.

"Never": Is a faerie drug that keeps fae outside the Unseelie court from getting iron sickness. It is referred to as such because of the rule "Never more than once a day, never more than a pinch at a time, and never more than two days in a row." Those in the court have a strong magic from the King that protects them from iron sickness. It is extremely expensive and hard to make. Faerie underlings are shackled in underground labs day and night in order to fulfill the unceasing requests for "Never". Fae who know better never use it recreationally because of its addictive qualities. Humans can use it, but it is not recommended. They become addicted too easily. It acts as a depressant which increases the body's pain threshold and immune system. Just a pinch is much the same as ten or so alcoholic beverages. Withdrawal symptoms always include psychosis.

Glamour: A magic which every fae possesses, but in different levels of abilities. Small fae like pixies, boggarts, imps, goblins, and fairies can glamour themselves to appear human-like in size and appearance. But this is very tiring for them and, if you look closely, you can see it falter every so often. Scales appear on fair skin, then a faint outline of wings, or they begin to shrink right before your eyes. Elves use glamour like we do cosmetics. They appear human enough without it, so any glamours they use are considered vain symbols of status. But almost every elf in New York City uses glamours to appear even more attractive than their normally ethereal selves. Similar to elves, satyrs, dryad, spriggan, and other humanoid fae can almost pass as human, but need glamour to hide their racial traits. (Hooves, branches, et etcetera) Large fae such as trolls, centaur, and others are large enough to have strong magic wells to draw from. They can glamour themselves to look like humans, and then some. They are the ones employed to oversee the production of "Never" which costs quite a lot of magic to refine.

Glamour does not only change how someone looks at a fae. It completely alters their perception. Take the castle, for instance. The Erlking has power enough to glamour the entire place. From above, it appears as a cluster of buildings. From the ground, a huge castle. In reality, it is a faerie mound in the middle of an open field. Fae glamours on themselves perform in the same way. A centaur's glamour will shift a human's perception of them so that they unconsciously avoid the parts of the fae that are glamoured to look invisible. If you have any more questions about this, don't hesitate to ask.

The "castle": The fae who know better (a.k.a The King, the Knight, the Steward, and the Dog) will always see the castle for what it is. If they allow their minds to be tricked, which is rare, then they see the beautiful castle in all its splendor. But when they look past the glamour, there is merely an empty field with a large rise in the middle. It is a faerie mound in reality; a slope of dirt with a makeshift wooden door in order to not draw attention from the Seelie court. It is covered in ivy and grass. Underneath the surface is an extensive tunnel network similar to that of a castle, only under the earth. When humans mistakenly step onto the grounds without a faerie guide, they can wander for hours in an aimless fog. Those who are guided, as well as the fae guides themselves, will see the wondrous castle described in the story above.

The Boy and Finch will see themselves as being in an actual castle. If Honey and Sap visit, they will too. There will be fake window frames in all the rooms. The Boy will see the sky outside, the King will see a wall of dirt. If you have any questions about how this works, please ask. It is imperative you keep this section in mind.

Why "molly" and "lucy": You in no way have to name your characters this. Molly is the nickname for ecstasy. Lucy is the nickname for LSD. They can be users of their respective names, or not. I just didn't want to do the traditional "Mr. Shy" and "Mr. Rocker" s**t. This was what came to me at the time.

What things are Finch and the Boy allowed to do: Almost anything. The Boy has been glamoured so that any human who knows him will not be able to recognize him. Instead, if they meet him and later try to recall his face, they won't remember what he looked like. Even the Boy's brother wouldn't be able to recognize him if he bumped into him. To himself, he looks the same as usual. If the Boy tries to speak about his plight, his words become unintelligable. Whether they know it or not, the King is always watching in one way or another. His punishments are not kind.

"Lost his name": Full names are sacred to faeries. Giving someone your full name gives them control over you, as strong magics can only be performed on a person with the use of their ancient names. Each fae has three names. This is similar to our first, middle, and last, but fae can give out whichever name they choose and go by it. To use Holly Black's example - "Rath Roiben Rye". He answers to Robin, Roiben, Rath, et cetera. Please do not give your fae very human names. "John Smith Miller" is not a fae name.

So the humans have no idea about faeries: Not yet. At least, not Molly, Lucy, or the Brother. That is the man plot, guys. They need to figure out what is going on without falling prey to the same world as the Boy. Or they might fall prey. Get thinking.

Can you tell me who is fae and who is not: The Boy, the Brother, Molly, Lucy, the Steward, and the Warden are human. Everyone else is fae.

Fae food: Most of it tastes quite bad to humans. It is glamoured to lure them in, but underneath it is mostly unrecognizable dishes with unrecognizable ingredients. However, when a human tastes faerie food they are not allowed to go without it for long. If they do, they will wither and die. The Steward is quite good at making faerie food taste somewhat edible to humans. The Erlking likes to tease him about this and often ruins the food for his own amusement. Remember kids, never accept food from faeries. It could be a rock glamoured to look like ice cream.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

( I apologize that some pictures are anime and others are real. It was hard to find ones I like that were strictly in one medium. I hope this doesn't kill your immersion )

Just a reminder, the King and his ilk are stuck in past centuries. They will wear modern clothing when they go out (in order to blend in) but most refuse to use modern technologies like cellphones and television. The Erlking especially dislikes them. They have running water, at least. The castle is as you see it, except the great hall has thirty dark, wooden banquet tables. The solstice celebration will begin there then head to the throne room for dancing and the final event. Hallways like mazes with red and gold rugs travel through the earth every which way. Thousands of doors lead to thousands of rooms which include, but are not limited to: bath halls, parlors, bedrooms, libraries, the kitchen (which has no microwaves, only great wood stoves), and seedy lounge rooms. The only way to escape the maze is to turn around three times to the left and close your eyes. The way of getting out is kept secret to prevent Seelie spies from making their way through the network of tunnels and escaping before being apprehended. When you open your eyes, you will be on the steps of the palace or, for the four fae who know better, at the wooden door that leads outside. Remember, everything in the palace is luxurious. Nothing is simple or modern.

The Wingless Wretch is the nicest looking building in the neighborhood from the outside. The inside leaves quite a lot to be desired though. Fae and human alike drink and gamble here. The main bartender is named Franz and he is human. The owner, Marcus, is also human. They both know about fae and are close with the King. You can buy "Never" there from a room in the back.

Hot in handcuffs is the male strip club near the entryway to the "castle". It is owned by the Warden. Sap and Honey work there. The windows are blacked out so that people can't get free shows. Only a pink neon sign with the establishment's name decorates the front window. The building is rather unremarkable otherwise. On the inside, though, is an always bustling business. Alcohol is served at all times of the day and "Never" can be bought from a room in the back. The Warden rents out rooms on the second floor to those who need them. Sap and Honey are roommates. Hot in Handcuffs used to be a love hotel, so the rented rooms are pretty impractical. Sap and Honey's room is carnival themed. The Warden's is French riviera.

Somewhere in the neighborhood is a hidden alleyway leading to the castle. It is never in the same place for more than twelve hours at a time. If you manage to find the alleyway, you will have an option to turn right or left along the way. Turn right and you will end up back at the start of the alley and it will have vanished. Turn left and you will come to a tented place filled with strange trinkets and unglamoured fae. Trolls barter with pixies for furniture, a boggart sells exotic foods from a corner booth, and hundreds of other fae do much the same here. Only humans with express permission from the Erlking are allowed here. This includes the Steward and the Boy. Any trespassers are to be apprehended on sight and brought to the castle.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image

A grimy neighborhood in New York City, modern day. Fae terrorize the streets, taking
                                                                            advantage of humans and weak fae alike. The time is drawing near for the summer solstice
                                                                            banquet at the castle. It is the 14th of June. One week and the summer solstice will be
                                                                            upon us. It is late evening now, 10 p.m. A business meeting between the boggarts, the
                                                                            erlking, and his people ran far into the morning so many fae are just waking up. When the
                                                                            erlking sleeps, none are allowed into or out of the castle.

The brother has been looking for the boy for almost two weeks. Just recently, he has heard some whisperings about the boy's whereabouts. They point him and his friends to this grimy, unsettling neihborhood.

User Image

Dapper Dabbler

Dapper Dabbler

Dapper Dabbler

Dapper Dabbler

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items