Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Consumer

Hey

Tindome

Mr Shinjiko

Want to do a chase? I have some ideas if you'd like to go through them. Norman is about to make his introduction to you two and spurn off this...fun... future we have in store for Sigil.
Tres Ecstuffuan

lol

XD I was thinking of doing a crossover event with a popular marvel universe thread.

That fight came to mind.

Lol, you and your crossovers.

I mean, they can be entertaining but I don't think it'd hold the same weight as if that thread crossed over with some other established universe. I personally usually find it uncomfortable to compare my characters to canon characters. It feels like I'm being disingenuous to just how established their characters are vs. my no name arrpee character.

Well, besides anime characters, since you can't ever avoid them on Gaia, usually.

Anxious Ladykiller

The Great Absolute

Mr Shinjiko

I'm down for whatever! I mean, Nadine probably isn't, but I have ways of making her do things she doesn't want to. User Image

Omnipresent Consumer

Tindome
The Great Absolute

Mr Shinjiko

I'm down for whatever! I mean, Nadine probably isn't, but I have ways of making her do things she doesn't want to. User Image

I'm about to post and we can start this!

Profitable Businessman

Tindome
The Great Absolute

I'll be out for most of the day. Worst comes to worst, if Nadine can't keep up she can always cling to Tous' back like a spider monkey, or something. I've seen crazier s**t. I'll get a response up this afternoon most likely, unless I get home before then.

Anxious Ladykiller

The Great Absolute

Mr Shinjiko

I was waiting to see what Mavra did before posting Nadine's perspective on existing events, buuuuut if s**t's about to get extra-cray I'll just throw it up ASAP maybe? I'd hate to let this post I've had sitting here go to waste~

Omnipresent Consumer

Tindome
The Great Absolute

Mr Shinjiko

I was waiting to see what Mavra did before posting Nadine's perspective on existing events, buuuuut if s**t's about to get extra-cray I'll just throw it up ASAP maybe? I'd hate to let this post I've had sitting here go to waste~

Posted.

Oh and it will be glorious.

Original Player

Norman is in the clear on the staby stab stab.

Kelly just made the top of the list for not posting.

Anxious Ladykiller

Oh, god, Nadine thinks someone is having feelings at her.

This is going to end so badly. User Image

Lonely Scamp

Damnatus

Lol, you and your crossovers.

I mean, they can be entertaining but I don't think it'd hold the same weight as if that thread crossed over with some other established universe. I personally usually find it uncomfortable to compare my characters to canon characters. It feels like I'm being disingenuous to just how established their characters are vs. my no name arrpee character.

Well, besides anime characters, since you can't ever avoid them on Gaia, usually.

Well, that, and you don't really think very highly of anime characters, so its easier for you to compare them.

For that matter, you don't see canon anime characters much these days anyway, so its actually quite easy to avoid them on Gaia.

I do get the whole established vs non-established characters because it feels hard to compare our own creations to the thousands of characters that inspired us in the first place without feeling like a Mary Sue or Author Avatar. That's why its better not to even think of them in terms of established canon since, in the end, our characters are creations just like any other character made by authors that are more well known and well paid. They're in their own world and should be able to flourish there without thinking it'd even be possible for them to run into an established canon character.

It doesn't have to be this either-or between "Batman? no way, my character would never stand a chance!" or "My guy could kick Batman's a** without blinking." If we even have to think of a comparison between two characters holding the same level of weight in a story, its better to take a middle path like when you have two comic book heroes meeting in the same story.

Though I do get the reasoning with Dr. Strange, I think if Strange was in Gaia, like any other canon character, -they're- the ones that have to be made to fit Gaia, not the other way around. It shouldn't be like suddenly someone brings in that sort of character and everyone is like "oh shi, I need to job SO HARD to that guy" and suddenly they're more powerful than any of the characters established in OUR world.

Summery Millionaire

As long as it's not Christian Bale Batman, who cares right? Cause sore throat batman is lame.

Lonely Scamp

Kire Shirome
As long as it's not Christian Bale Batman, who cares right? Cause sore throat batman is lame.

You know what's also lame?

Jacking the appearance of every new anime or manga character you see each month, KIRE.

*baps with newspaper*

Summery Millionaire

Tenkai Matsumoto
Kire Shirome

You know what's also lame?

Jacking the appearance of every new anime or manga character you see each month, KIRE.

*baps with newspaper*
Uh huh, -shrugs.-

Anxious Ladykiller

Oh, geeze, of all the posts to start a new page User Image I apologize to the universe for my ridonk wall o' silly text

Unsealed Aggressor

Tenkai Matsumoto

Damnatus

I like this. I think it makes sense that Cog makes a realistic comparison between his character and an established character. I do the same. Comparing my made characters to those existing premades, it's how I distinguish what tier or level of power my character should fall in. I wish more Gaians did this actually, I think balance wouldn't be as much of an issue if tiers and examples of power were established as opposed to the anime world were power-tiers are more role aligned.

Now Tenkai, I see your point and mostly agree with, save for one part. I don't think Gaia has a distinction to bring Dr. Strange to. We take the term free-form roleplay to it's extreme and literally have every thing under the sun interacting with one another so Dr. Strange as is would not be out of place here really, he'd actually be quite mundane compared to many.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff