Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys! We're having a poll for the next event in the main thread, so be sure to check it out!

The voting will end next Wednesday at Midnight, EST. The event itself will start the following Friday. c: 0.2 20.0% [ 1 ]
Good luck on finals/whatever you've got going on! 0.8 80.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 62 63 64 > >>

Dapper Exhibitionist

oh, i think i remember that from the game? i've not read much fic for that, though, but i can easily see how that'd be awkward to read.
      like, pet names can be fun and all, but if they don't suit the character it just makes me laugh a lot.

sigma___xx's Princess

Galaxy

******** sorry museum got busy
          but yeah i mean tho at least i love my job even though people are idiots. h-hahah

O-OH fffT but why would he. i'm trying so hard not to laugh right now jfc ;;;;;;;;; KILLUA WOULD
          JUST. LAUGH SO MUCH AT HIM and then be like "ok tho that was weird rly don't say that again"
          help
          why pet names

Blatantly Mule's Widower

Anxious Shounen

saaaame

i think it's like when people also think that every pairing should get married because ~marriage~ is the only way to love someone?
          it literally makes no sense in a lot of ships that I ship, but people do it anyway. pet names are like that. XD

Blatantly Mule's Widower

Anxious Shounen

well, kaneki is up and posting~~

Dapper Exhibitionist

-Coshledak-
      yeah, i think it's exactly like that. most of the pairings i ship probably wouldn't bother with marriage, either due to it being an inconvenience or them just thinking it was dumb.
      some pairings i can see it in, some i can't. it really depends on the ship as to whether or not it'd even be on the table.
      hell, some ships would probably just wind up married by common law definition, because they'd been living with each other for x amount of years. no ceremony, just an "oh, yeah, guess we're hitched. what do you want for breakfast" kind of thing.

ghost kings
      GON WOULD BE OFFENDED FOR ALL OF FIVE SECONDS BEFORE CRACKING UP I JUST
      IT SOUNDS SO SLEAZY AND GON'S ANYTHING BUT?? he doesn't need pet names to embarrass anyone, he does that naturally for crying out loud
      they were both hella out of character (pretty sure it was crack), and it was just so weird to read ahahaha
      closest they come to petnames is killua calling gon an idiot, probably
      masters of romance, it is them
      i just. it was so weird lmao

Seasonal Hellraiser

I'm being kidnapped to go out to dinner at a friends house at an indefinite time, but I will probably sign Milla on.
********. I'm still kinda drowsy from the pain medication I took though.

Blatantly Mule's Widower

Anxious Shounen

still debating

Exactly. But I remember I used to ship Hiei x Kurama and Hiei x Yusuke and I saw some marriage things in there sometimes and I was like "DO YOU REALLY THINK HIEI WOULD BOTHER WITH MARRIAGE?" It's just not something that matters to them. You're right, if it was just x-amount of years kind of deal, then yeah, totally. But I think too many fans push for this idea that they have to be ~married~ for a ship to count.
          Stop that. It counts. >> If you ship it, it counts. Don't make them do all these stereotypical relationship things that they wouldn't necessarily do.

Bashful Businessman

Wonders if I should take someone up from Hunter x Hunter
Either crazy clown I mean what, I didn't say that.

Hi hi. I'm thinking of joining. o v o ~

Blatantly Mule's Widower

Anxious Shounen

Do it. Do the thing. c:

Dapper Exhibitionist

-Coshledak-

yeah, i've shipped/still ship both of those, and i just can't see hiei being remotely involved with anything marriage related? same for kurama, actually.
      i mean, if he were to get married, it would be more of a "this is to please mother" kind of thing, and i doubt the marriage would have any real emotion behind it because it'd likely just be a front to keep up his human image.
      it wouldn't have any real weight, probably (unless, of course, it were to someone he cared about, but even then, marriage would be an afterthought, most likely).
      even with yusuke, the notion of marriage having weight is kind of iffy. he put marriage on the table with keiko because it would make her happy. in another relationship where that wasn't a factor, i don't think he'd give a hoot.

another thing that used to irk me with the yyh fandom is the whole biting for mates thing. i just. not a single character i can think of would allow that, even if it were a thing.

Dapper Exhibitionist

esotericsun

do it do it do it do it do it do it DO IT DO IT
      i have a weakness for crazy clowns so help me

even if you don't join, though, it's nice to meet you! c:

Dapper Exhibitionist

well, rempo's layout isn't colored and i kind of want to revamp it a lot, but i also want to get the chatroom going/not leave -coshledak- all alone soooooooo guess i'm throwing rempo at the thread.

little shithead of a fire spirit i choose you

Blatantly Mule's Widower

Anxious Shounen

still debating

I feel like for Kurama as a human, marriage might matter a little more? But still, that mostly depends on who he's with? I can also see him using it to, like, tease Hiei because Hiei probably gets all scowly and "shut up" about it when Kurama mentions it. Not because it bothers him, but because the notion is stupid and your face is annoying, Kurama.
                  At it's base, marriage is basically having the state and church recognize your union to another person. Hiei honestly doesn't care who recognizes what because he's going to be with who he wants to be with. Human laws are so dumbbbb.
                  And I agree. If Yusuke's with Keiko, then marriage is definitely a thing because it's important to Keiko and, through that, it would be important to Yusuke. But Yusuke with Hiei? I think it's another thing where it's like "nah" because they're going to do what they want anyway.

Ugh, now I'm all like "HIEI" and I haven't rp'd him in years. I never met anyone else who shipped him with Yusuke, tho. I didn't get into that ship until towards the end of me being REALLY into yyh.

I REMEMBER THAT. I was actually super into that when I was a teenager, but reflecting on it, I think I can see your point? Except, if it's looked at as a cultural thing to demons, then I think I could see some people being up for it. Like Youko, maybe, for some reason. Like "This is mine. see. right here. i bit this and it's mine" I could see that for him. Paaaart of me thinks Hiei might, maybe, if he thought it mattered enough. Because that's less about some abstract government or religious group recognizing that he's with someone and more about telling other demons to keep their grimy hands to themselves. And I think Hiei's all about making sure people keep their grimy hands to themselves when it comes to what he considers "his."

Bashful Businessman

still debating

It's okay, I'm the same way. I ask myself this everyday
I think I shall but omg i'm sooooooo sorry if I'm rusty with him. ; v ;

I'll be joining.. just gotta think of who I shall be bringing along.
So far I have clown, Panne from FE:A and Cinder from RWBY.

Nice to meet ya aswell! c: Miki's the name~

Dapper Exhibitionist

-Coshledak-

yeah, that's pretty much my view on the matter? like, human kurama would care more, but it also just a weird human status. for appearance's sake he'd do it, but his opinion on the manner would vary depending on who he's married to.
      hiei just doesn't give a single flying ******** towards practically every authority figure. he does what he wants. yusuke's similar but not as bad, so... none of the ******** given, ahahaha.

that's pretty much how i got into the ship! i never really shipped yusuke one way or another while watching the show the first time around. i like keiko, so that wasn't a factor.
      i guess i just liked the spirit detectives' interactions more, so i never really thought about it. rewatching it again and again, though (and now that i'm older), i can see how him and hiei could definitely work.
      also doesn't help that i honestly have trouble seeing keiko being able to put up with all of yusuke's bullshit the longer he's off running around in the makai.
      i mean, almost having your loved one die on a daily basis isn't exactly something most humans are used to, you know?
      seems like that'd cause a lot of strain, no matter what yusuke did to try to sooth it over. kid can't avoid trouble; it sniffs him out.

i can see some characters doing the marking thing if it was demon custom, like youko. but i don't see him allowing anyone to return the favor. it'd be a matter of pride, like, "i belong to no one, haha sucks for you."
      then again, if the relationship were right, maybe? it'd be a pretty nuanced thing, if i had to guess. who marks who would probably have implications, and to some, being marked at all might be a sign of weakness because you let someone close enough to do that to you?
      then there's yusuke who's just plowing through the makai without a single ******** to be given. telling demons eating people is okay as long as it's shitty humans on death row, no biggie, ya gotta eat, so do that.
      whatever the standards are yusuke just tramples them, so i can maybe see him allowing himself to be bitten, if he gets to bite back, 'cause it's yusuke and that's how he rolls.
      to him, love isn't a weakness, but a motivator, so he'd probably be down? dude practically gets stronger whenever his friends are threatened, so a lover would be like 50 times worse pfft

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff