Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
B A S I C S

_____ You may call me Ness. That's it.

______ 25 years old, wordsmith by night - payroll accountant by day.

______ I'm literate. Meaning I know how to properly use spelling and grammar but I still make mistakes. I'm only human after all.

____Quality > Quantity.

R U L E S

⑴ :: Please be able to post two meaty paragraphs of writing. Remember quality over quantity.

Use proper grammar & try your best to spell words correctly (spell-check is your friend ). Please no one-liners.

⑵ :: Private-threads are preferred, e-mail is acceptable; only for one x ones.
      I won't do anything via PMs, no matter how much you beg, sorry.

⑶ :: Graphics. I commission all of my posting graphics, so don't steal them. I like to use posting graphics but if you don't want to use graphics, that's your prerogative, it's not required. I just like the nice aesthetic it adds to my own posts.

⑷ :: I play male & female. But, I won't play the male to your mary-sue, so don't ask.

⑸ :: Feel free to suggest your own ideas. Creativity is encouraged. Worst I can say is 'no thanks' and if I do, don't take it personally.

⑹ :: Follow Terms of Service - that's a given.

⑺ :: Regarding posting schedules and posting. I'm a fairly patient person just tell me your schedule & I'll do my best to work around it. Just keep an open line of conversation & it'll all work out hunky-dory. My own posting schedule can be found linked in my signature.

⑻ :: Regarding ditching. I'm a fickle person so if I get bored with our role-play I'm liable to stop replying. For that matter if you do the opening post & I don't reply within two days - it means my interest/excitement regarding the material has died out - you probably won't get a reply if it's not within two days. DO NOT TAKE THIS PERSONALLY!!

I'm ditch-friendly. If you ditch me - I won't care & vice-versa.

Other than being fickle - I'm sometimes lazy - so if you want to know if I've ditched you - take it upon yourself to PM me. I'll give you a straight/blunt answer.

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
F a n d o m s

MOVIES / THEATRE

A Knight's Tale, Frozen , Labyrinth, Legend, Mozart L'opéra Rock , Phantom of the Opera, Princess Bride, Moulin Rouge, Spirited Away, Lord of the Rings, The Mummy, Thor / The Dark World, & Wicked.

Cirque du Soleil shows ;;
        Amaluna, Kà , Dralion , Varekai , & Kooza.

TELEVISION

BBC's The Musketeers, Bee & Puppycat, NBC's Hannibal, Reign, Sleepy Hollow, Teen Wolf, & Once Upon a Time.

Anime / Manga
        Attack on Titan , Chrno Crusade, Durarara!! , Fruits Basket, Free! Iwatobi Swim Club, Haikyuu!!, Kamisama Hajimemashita , Noragami , Pandora Hearts, Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii & Tokyo Ghoul.

Books

The Grisha Trilogy , The Great Gatsby , The Last Unicorn, The Mortal Instruments & Alice in Wonderland.

SONG- BASED

ORIGINAL

( cravings in bold . If something has a strike through it, I'm not interested in that at the current moment. )

alternate realities, arranged marriage, amnesia, angels , ball-masquerade, bounty-hunters, body-swapping, carnival, cross-dressing, circus, crime syndicate , cupid's arrow, doppleganger, fantasy , fairy-tales, faeries, fortune-tellers , it's all Greek to me, ghosts, graveyards, contracts w/ demons, demonic possession , killing-time, longing for the end, marriage isn't in the cards, mythology , maze, opium, psycho, pandemic, reincarnation, super-nova, superheroes , Shakespearean shenanigans, supernatural beings ,transvestites, transformation, telekinetic, volcanic eruptions, Victorian England, vessel, wonderland, witching hour ,werewolves, Elysium Fields, mind-control, warrior queens, on the lam, fruit of knowledge, world-jumping, &your suggestions/ideas !!

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
If you're interested quoting my name will get you a faster response - provided I'm online.

Thanks & if nothing else - feel free to use the poll for a little gold.
( I know you probably already did. That's fine. )

Also please don't be offended if I choose not to role-play with you.

I'm looking for dedication.
As well as civility, originality & promptness in my prospective partners.

Here are my recent S A M P L E S

Current Role Plays

Group RPs ;;

One x Ones ;;

( Slot Available, below )

001 )
002 )

Hiatus Role-Plays ;;

( currently slots are OPEN feel free to chat, even if you aren't interested in role-playing with me. It's always nice to have company. )

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
INQUIRY FORM

Fill out & post the following to show your interest or PM it to me with an interesting title that will grab my attention.

[quote="demoness_alethiras"][/quote]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=10][color=color1]▊ ≺[/color] ( username here )
[color=color1]▊ ≺[/color] fandom/pairing/ your suggestion here
[color=color1]▊ ≺[/color] timezone & posting regularity.
[color=color1]▊ ≺[/color] [url=samples]samples[/url]
[color=color1]▊ ≺[/color] anything extra you want to add

FILLED OUT SAMPLE FORM

demoness_alethiras

▊ ≺ demoness_alethiras.
                  ▊ ≺ contracts w/ demons, Get Away with Murder, or The Grisha Trilogy.
                  ▊ ≺ Central Timezone, post primarily on the weekends unless on break.
                  ▊ ≺ samples
                  ▊ ≺ I will possess your heart!

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
P L O T S ! !

Phantom of the Opera
    Plot Idea
    I always thought Christine would be a little embittered about having to leave the Opera Populair when she was so close to realizing her dream of being the mainstay primadonna of the house. Sure, she chose love but when she reads a new flyer about a new upstart soprano who has been wowing the crowds night after night, she can't help but wonder if this girl has received any special instruction.

Going against Raoul's wishes she attends a performance in box five and lo and behold Erik does indeed attend the latest performance of Les Troyens. Christine confronts him and is surprised when Meg intervenes explaining to her that the new protegee is more than just a singer, she's part of their family. Hurt, Christine flees the opera but she can't get the music out of her head, the affliction has returned and her dreams are riddles with ire and anguish, did she make the wrong choice in coming with Raoul all those years ago?

Rise of the Guardians
    Plot Idea

Based on the assumption that Pitch has been subjected to the horror by his night mares for well over a century & as such the other guardians have grown complacent. They don't realize that a new enemy; a former guardian himself who is the essence of drought & decay has freed Pitch from his prison and the two of them are now working together.

Luckily for the Guardians the Man in the Moon always kept a keen eye on Pitch and as such, he's adopted two new guardians in hopes that they'll be able to surprise Pitch & send him back into solitary without having to involve Jack & the others.

Your Surrender
    Plot Idea

The old house that's overgrown with ivy and the grass that's always dead is up for sale again. The townsfolk are convinced the house is haunted and they aren't wrong. As a matter of fact that particular ghost has a penchant for the macabre and disturbing, the last two families have moved out after their young teenage daughters both committed suicide four years apart, in the same way. Hanging from the sycamore tree, with the same note, 'I surrender'.

The new tenants have a young teenage daughter and the townsfolk are already pleading with them to let her live alone, off site but her parents are too strict. But unlike the others, there's something that keeps the ghost from her, a sort of barrier and so the two start a dialog.

Eventually this leads to the two of them starting to understand that despite the labels of alive & dead, they aren't really so different.

Thor: The Dark World
    Plot Idea

The Aether has lingering, gradually waning effects. Flocks of birds still disappear and reappear at inopportune times. Many a shoe has conked someone on the head unexpectedly in the days prior and a handful of civilians now have 'missing' posters with their faces on them strewn about Greenwich & greater London. Thor is with Jane and Loki sits on the throne of Asgard. You'd think all was well. All is not.

Heimdall has still not returned to his post. The All-Father has entered the Odinsleep once more and the Warriors Three have been transported off-world, their passage barred, as they have been sent to Muspelheim where they must engage in eternal battles to stay alive. Loki deals daily with transports from the the other realms, via the Aether's influence and the dungeons are starting to overflow.

Meanwhile, in the depths of the cosmos something stirs, coiled but ready to strike in an instant. As usual Midgardians are unaware of the severity of the threats that are constantly posed against their universe. No mortals are more unassuming of the danger than those whiling away the hours, working to better themselves through education. That is except for a handful of students that attend University of Greenwich. Repairs are being done to the grounds and they have the next two days off. So it should come as no surprise that a duo has come across a convergence of the worlds, walking as it were - straight into the halls of Asgard.

Over the Line
    Plot Idea

People's feelings are fickle & hearts are want to change. However, a line was crossed and there's likely no going back now.

A travelling troubadour, an enamored empress and an amnesiac are the catalyst.
    Nothing short of the promise of war will culminate if the empress should choose incorrectly, and the cards are stacked against her. A blind man's words echo in her dreams as she outruns her duties, not only to herself but her countrymen. 'Judge not with the eyes but with heart.' Familiar words, but love has blinded the empress and she dismisses the dreams as just that.

Where this story ends, only one knows.

Victims of Love
      Plot Idea

What do a heartbroken penniless young woman, a burnt-out space racer & a defective cyborg have in common? Nothing beyond the fact that they all work for the same rebel empire known simply as C.U.P.I.D ( Commonly Unidentified Ped-Interdependent Diagnostics ) that is, a research group that is currently trying to weaponise diseases that would only target upright walking mammals ( ie: humans ) .

Of course, they probably wouldn't work for them if they knew that. One would hope.
      Truth be known, they're sub-standard at their jobs but a twist of fate is about to group them together & with any luck, their being together will be a good thing, though for who, it's hard to say.

Demonic Contract

Plot Idea

Many years ago, a barren couple looked to the heavens, in hopes that they would be granted a child. Their wish was granted but the child was very frail and was often sickly. Put out by their plight, the couple abandoned their child, leaving it to fend for itself in the streets.

As fate would have it, this child would survive against all odds. How you ask? Well, simple this particular child sold their soul and when their mortal lifetime was up, they themselves took on the task of collecting and sending other human souls to the great beyond. Oh but don't feel sorry for them, they got revenge on their parents and that was worth their soul, the look on their faces was priceless!

--------------
    At least a century or two has past since they took on the role of collecting souls and as their previous master had said, they did indeed come to shed their human moralities and adapt, though they'd never said anything about turning into a demon. Oh well, this too, wasn't a big deal.

That was until a couple of days ago.

Apparently that s**t about karma works whether you're part of the loop or not.
    Because guess who just got saddled with a nice hefty contract, thanks to the local human schmuck? Yeah that's right, lucky us!

Things sure have changed in the past century or so and what's more, this whole blood-tie thing, ... it's a crock of s**t! But of course it was something the big boss worked into our contract without our knowing, so there's literally no way to complain.

genre ;; modern-paranormal / fantasy / slice of life
    ** inspiration - - here & chrno crusade !

Puppet Master

PLOT IDEA

You've known it the whole time.
        Your movements aren't your own, what the hell is wrong!?
        Possession.

Freedom is a sentiment you no longer acknowledge.
        It's a memory that's nothing but torment, how you came to be someone else's puppet.

Even if you cried out for help, who would listen?
        You think it might be easier to erase your existence but so long as you're a host, you can't.
        The parasite is in your blood, your mind & soul.
        You made the trade, you have to see it through.

For you see, one can't exist without the other. Otherwise there is no whole.

You knew you never should have made that deal, you took it in haste. So you shouldn't be made to suffer!!

But like they say, "life's not fair."

genre ;; modern - urban fantasy , fairy-tales & unwitting possession .
        ** inspiration - - here , this & that one trope !!

The Place the World Forgot

PLOT IDEA

They say you're too young to understand & that your mind is full of illusions, fairy-tales, and whimsy. But is that really your fault when the bizarre becomes your normalcy & the oddities of the side-show are as common to you as Saturdays in the park for most others?

Making your living ducking behind the curtains, the circus is your home but your normalcy makes you the outcast now.

So what do you do when you catch a patron backstage & what's more when they disappear in thin air before you - why is it you find yourself musing about them instead of freaking out?
          genre ;; modern, supernatural
          ** inspiration - - the song Moondust by Jaymes Young.
          ** possible plot-twist ;; you're a part of an undead circus & it's only living member - the patron can 'disappear' to your eyes because they're actively in limbo.

Without You

PLOT IDEA

It's your typical star-crossed lovers. You're a knight, they're royalty. It never works out, the deck is stacked against you. Hell, they haven't even realized your feelings yet! But that's all about to change. You've planned to bare your heart tonight - come what may.

Too bad that very same night your country's most vile enemies were able in infiltrate the kingdom. What's more they've just murdered the entire royal family! So much for that love confession. But it's not all doom and gloom, sure the kingdom is thrown into chaos but you're tasked with finding the next royal heir.

And wouldn't you know - they look uncannily like your now dead love!
            genre ;; medieval, fantasy, romance
            ** inspiration - - the song Norhern Lights by Cider Sky & the manga Reimei no Arcana
            ** possible plot-twist ;; your love that you thought was dead is in fact alive & they're the one who orchestrated the murder of their family - - but of course you don't know that!

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
O P E N ! !

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100

aw yeah bitches - guess who's posting this up @ work!

this chica!!

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100

now i'm just waiting for my lunch break.

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100

well time to open up tumblr to pass the time.

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100

i keep seeing shadows thinking it's a person but it never is.
      ...weird.

Wheezing Star

demoness_alethiras

▊ ≺ Holly.Oreo.Whore
                  ▊ ≺ I gave a couple of group role plays looking for new players. One is AoT based, and I noticed you were craving it. It's got a lot of really active and enthusiastic players, so we're up to a lot of pages, but we're all very friendly and I can help summarise what's happened if you are interested. The other is a Furuba based role play. You do not really need any knowledge of the RP to join because its creator has changed a lot in game.
                  ▊ ≺ +8, I post at least once a week.
                  ▊ ≺ These are my samples, but in the AoT game I'm a middle class player at best.
                  ▊ ≺ Attack on Titan & Furuba.

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
Holly.Oreo.Whore

The AoT is a little too far along for me to feel comfortable jumping in.
      Even with background knowledge & being caught up.
      I typically don't like to join groups if they're past the fifth page.
      But if you'd like to do a one x one with AoT - that'd be fine.
      c:

// as for the furuba one - it looks intriguing - so I'll probably put an app in for that one -
      so thanks for linking me that !!

: D

Wheezing Star

Demoness_Alethiras

I totally understand. I'm normally only join in the start of a game, never go
past page 1-2, actually, but this was a special case for me. Everyone is
hilarious and fun in and out of character. It's only 20 pages because there's
a large cast and zealous posters, but the story isn't as far along as you'd
think. But I can totally respect your aversion. I won't push the matter further.

No problem! I hope to see your app in the OOC for the furuba game then! smile

Versatile Nerd

11,075 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Friendly 100
Holly.Oreo.Whore

zealous posters is a good thing.
      it's nice to see something live past page five for once - that's a rarity nowadays.

// i just posted the app up.
      hopefully it's adequate.

i'd have had it up sooner but i needed a nap after work..
      ha!

OTL
i like that you are blunt and honest in that.
great job. woohoo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces