Welcome to Gaia! ::

NykolMisu
The night club was dimly lit, except for the lights shining down on the main stage. It was a bit more crowded than usual, but then again, it was around when most people got their paychecks and had extra money to spend on the stripper/dancers and private company. It happened to be two nights away from the Full Moon... Cliff was regretting coming in to work that night. How was he supposed to go on stage if he could barely concentrate? Not to mention that his body was aching...

The hybrid lycan pulled on his long yellow coat with the black feathers around the seams, (think Chaucer's coat from A Knight's Tale), and moved up the steps to stand behind the curtain, waiting for the one on stage to finish up...
Jan the Verse

It wasn't quite Ramon's style to flaunt himself around a place like this. It wasn't that the advertisement, the selling, the seeking and pleasure of the flesh repelled him - far from it. He just preferred somewhere with a little more class.

Circumstances being what they were, however, and his quarry being of the low-minded type, he'd have to tolerate it. At least for tonight. If things went the way he wanted, there'd be no more reason to seek out his quarry, ever. But as the b*****d hadn't shown yet, he was going to have to wait. Might as well enjoy what the 'establishment' (Ramon had a hard time referring to such an ill-connected place as anything but a 'hole-in-the-wall') had to offer.

Seated at a table relatively near the front and the stage, so that his quarry wouldn't be able to make a scene when (if) he should arrive, Ramon crossed his legs, rested an elbow on the table and watched the performance with disinterest. Nothing new. Nothing that hadn't been done a thousand times before... No wonder this place had so little by way of affluence.
NykolMisu

The song ended, finally, and the female on the stage hurried off. She paused long enough to give Cliff a kiss on the cheek and inform him it was a rough crowd tonight. The lycan returned the kiss on the cheek, smiling to her in thanks, then made his way onto the stage as the music started again.

Halfway to the pole, he slid the long coat from his shoulders and let it billow out behind him as he continued to walk and let the coat fall to the stage. He wore a pair of knee high black platformed boots, a black pleated miniskirt, and a black, glittery tanktop that exposed his flat stomach. Peeking up over his hips from under the skirt were two leather thong straps. His gloved hands started to curve and circle each other, soon followed by his arms and the rest of his body, a mixture between belly dancing and the glow-stick dancing done at raves.
Jan the Verse

...All right, so the clientele here had greatly varied tastes. That much was becoming apparent. It was also something of a comment on his quarry that this particular club had been chosen for the rendevous point.

Still... nothing terribly new. An attractive boy, limber and smooth - but there were so many other such creatures to be found in the night. Leaning back in his chair, Ramon politely declined to yawn, but pushed up his shades, closed his eyes to but the narrowest of slits and let them drift between the stage and the door. If this was the best it was going to get all night...
NykolMisu

Cliff's mind was off... There were too many things swirling around in it for him to concentrate. Something wasn't right. The Moon's pull was too strong for that night.

His golden eyes opened, but they looked dull even with the lights shining in them, making them reflect and look like glowing marbles. His body gave a shudder and he fell back against the pole, breathing heavily. No.. No, not here... Cliff swallowed hard, panting now as he felt the blood lust rising in him. His eyes rolled into the back of his head.

One of the bouncers had gotten to the stage now and knelt down to pick the smaller male up and bring him somewhere safe. But the feline lycan suddenly snarled and latched himself onto the man, sinking his fangs deep into his throat.
Jan the Verse

All right. This was new. By the reaction of the onlookers - some of whom appeared to be shocked fans suddenly terrified of their beloved fantasy - this wasn't part of the act either. Because... ah, he supposed it only could've been part of the act if this was one of those odd, avant-garde set-ups.

Hm. He really ought to be reacting on some level other than idle wonderment, what with this... feral pole dancer on the loose. If this was his quarry's idea of a fun place, perhaps it was time to re-evaluate the b*****d's understanding of Ramon, because it might turn out to be somewhat... accurate.

He stood and brushed off his sleeves, walking towards the stage calmly amidst the various reactions of frozen fear or shock and reckless fleeing. Stopping a mere three feet from the stage, hands in his pockets as he smirked up in sheer amusement at the horror before him, "Hello, kitten," he called out, "Looking for a new toy?"
NykolMisu

The feline kept hold on the bouncer's neck, blood dripping from his mouth. Growling muffledly into the throat, he glared over to where the new voice came from. The voice of the moon told him to attack the man that had attempted to interrupt his meal... But the feral voice told him to stay and guard his captured prey.

The fur on his tail stood on end, poofed out, as he growled again in a warning to tell Ramon to stay back.

He felt his skin crawl suddenly. His golden eyes went wide and darted around, looking for the direction the silver was coming from, the dreaded substance getting closer to him.
Jan the Verse

"Honestly now," Ramon muttered, eyes narrowing in irritation. He didn't really want to make himself vulnerable by taking that moment to climb up on the stage - it would've been so much easier if the damn boy had just attacked. Ah well, couldn't trust aggression to take care of the problem then. He'd just have to wait until the monster in the dancer grew bored and decided it wanted something else to...

Ah, and now something had it on edge. Ramon too glanced for the source of aggravation to the feline, curious as to what manner of devilry might frighten the brutal yet fragile-seeming creature.
NykolMisu

His heart was racing now, his golden eyes darting around frantically in an attempt to find where the silver was coming from. Cliff dropped the bouncer's neck, letting the man fall limp to the stage. The man was lucky.. Hybrids couldn't spread lycanthropy.. Though he would be in the hospital for a few days.

The hybrid snarled, though looking less and less hostile and more panicy as the silver got closer to him. He crouched low to the stage, his ears pressed flat to his head, breathing hard. When the silver got too close for comfort, he darted to the side in an attempt to escape.
Jan the Verse

There it was. The instant of motion, instinct made flesh. Ramon followed in a flash, unused to but ready for the physical pursuit. He preferred if someone else could get this sort of job done - but if you couldn't really plan for circmstance. The way things were going with this boy, it wasn't going to end with a 'Let's have a chat' or any such urbane and civilized solution. No, dissection seemed the way to go. Not of the dancer's body, mind you. A different sort of dialysis.

Ramon jumped up onto the stage and darted after the escaping... feline, of some sort - making a grab at his neck. All he needed was a moment of physical contact, the barest moment.
NykolMisu

A few screams rose from the crowd as people tried to escape the club. Or at least get out of the lycan's way. They didn't want to be the next person in the beast's jaws.

"Shoot it already!!" yelled the owner of the club. "You have the ********' silver bullets!!"

Cliff's panicked mind only recognized one word. Silver. Out from the corner of his eyes, he saw the hand reaching towards him. But he couldn't get out of the way in time.
Jan the Verse

s**t. The last thing he needed was for someone to shoot it now that he'd gotten his hands on it. Silver, though - meant that the boy was some sort of lycanthrope. Odd. He'd thought there were laws about employing these types. And if this one was so dangerous as to lose it in the midst of a performance... No, Ramon wanted much more time with this boy, and death - while it wouldn't necessarily stop him from having a chat with the feline, wouldn't make investigation of this matter any easier.

Besides. He'd always wanted to get a lycanthrope down for examination. Actual dissection was looking a little more tempting... he'd see. Wrapping a hand firmly around the back of the boy's neck, he seized and drew him firmly offstage to avoid any immediate violence - and, with the force of his will, drew the boy's soul suddenly, sharply out of his body. It wasn't death - but it was limbo. The boy wouldn't be able to stray very far from his physical form, but he was disembodied nontheless. Amorphous, invisible without a vast amount of concentration on his part and, for now, impervious to physical harm. If the body died, the soul would remain. For a time, at least.

"I appear to have solved your problem, at least temporarily," he called out to the man who'd shouted for the gun. "Would you be so kind as to call the authorities?"
NykolMisu

The man looked to Ramon, speechless. Thankfully, one of the other workers had called when the bouncer was first attacked.

Cliff screamed as his soul was pulled from his body, his physical form falling limp to the floor. The boy's lingering soul appeared to be in shock.. Who wouldn't be after something like that?! He looked down at his body on the floor, horrified. All effects from the moon were gone... His soul gave a terrified howl.
Jan the Verse
Ramon, who had counted on either the man's unwillingness to call the police to an establishment such as this or a shocked inability to do anything at all, simply rolled his eyes and picked up the fallen body with a shake of his head. "Never mind, I'll handle this. I'm sure they'll call you," he said assuredly, making his way down the stage and towards the exit.

In reality, he had no intention whatsoever of alerting letting anyone who didn't need to know of the boy's state - or location, for that matter. No one would look too hard for an exotic dancer from this side of town.

Upon hearing the soul's scream, he bent his head slightly to hide his half amused smirk. They always reacted like that. Well, not always - just mostly. "You're not dead," he murmured under his breath - it wasn't intended to be soothing. Merely factual.
NykolMisu

Cliff's soul followed its body like a lost puppy, whimpering. "W-What did you do to me?!" he cried. "Stop it!! Put me down!! Oh Gods... What the hell did you do to me?!"

Cliff's body gave a weak shudder, the eyes rolling into the back of its head. This only made the confused soul panic even more. "What's happening?!"
Jan the Verse

Ramon rolled his eyes as he exited the club, ignoring the boy's wailing for the most part, until the body shivered. "Hm..." he mused quietly, "I'm not quite sure. Finding out was the intention of this little escapade, you realize."

He placed the body carefully into the backseat of his car, taking one last glance at the door to the club before shaking his head and turning the ignition. He'd have to corner his quarry another night... and at another location. Going back would be... inadvisable, after causing such a ruckus.
NykolMisu

"W-Wait!" the soul cried, frantically trying to keep up with Ramon. "That doesn't tell me anything! You have to tell me what happened, what you did!!"

He suddenly froze, looking startled. "Oh Gods... Was... Did they shoot me..? Is this what happens when too much silver is .. No... It can't be... I've had silver on me before... This never happened.. H-Hey, I said wait!!" The soul slipped into the car. "I know you did something to me.. Why am I here... And... there?!" He paused, suddenly realizing something. "I'm see through.. What the ********?! Why the ******** am I see through?!"
Jan the Verse
Ramon chuckled. Oh, he could be a mean b*****d when the tides weren't going his way - as they hadn't really, not tonight. But he wasn't really blowing off steam at the boy, just being his usual old self. Ramon blowing off steam wasn't nearly so pleasant. "You have three guesses, Mr. ... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name - but three guesses as to 'what the ******** is going on'. It will be so much more satisfying for yourself if you figure it out all on your own rather than demanding an answer like an ignorant schoolboy, don't you think?"
NykolMisu

Cliff's soul stared at him, mouth open slightly as if he wanted to protest, and a bit in shock that he'd been spoken to like that. He'd had different types of responses to his attitude, some would beg for a way to make it up to him, others would give him a good beating, but he'd never had that kind of response before!

With a huff, he slumped back slightly in the front passenger seat, glaring out ahead of him.

After a few moments of silence, he asked quietly, "Am I dead...?"
Jan the Verse

Pleased with the silence that he might mull over a way to best interrupt any pursuing investigation and/or owner attempting to retrieve his employee (though that didn't seem entirely likely given the 'shoot it' comment), Ramon smiled but did not look at the soul when it finally spoke. "Surely that isn't your name," he murmured urbanely, "Though that's close, but no cigar."

The smirk lingered on his lips and he did spare one glance for the boy, "Given that cigars are your reward of choice. Try again?"
NykolMisu

The soul hesitated, then replied obediently, "My name is Cliff... Cliff Jenela.. And no, cigars aren't my choice. I prefer chocolates and other presents."

He went silent again for a few moments. He slowly looked back at his limp body. "I'm not dead.... but I'm close..?" he repeated to himself, sounding confused. "Am I like... a ghost..?"
Jan the Verse

Another chuckle escaped Ramon's lips as he pulled onto a wider street, closer to the downtown area, "You see, Mr. Jenela? Wasn't coming to your own conclusion so much more self-empowering?" Jesus Christ. He sounded like one of those inspirational books. Perhaps he ought to look into a secondary career in those... Love yourself, love yourself more than the world around you - it doesn't deserve you..., Subliminal Message: Suicide all the way baby, yeah.

....He'd been spending too much time trying to think like his quarry. "Ghost is likely as close an understanding of your state that you have."
NykolMisu

His eyes narrowed and he glared at Ramon. "And what the hell is that supposed to mean?" he asked, sounding annoyed. "Maybe you just don't know what you did. And you're too scared to admit that you ******** up. And now, because you ******** up, I'm going to end up dead! I could've survived a damned silver bullet, but no, you had to go and ******** split me in two!!"
Jan the Verse
"Suppose I have '******** up'," Ramon mused, "What would all your harsh words gain? Remorse?" he laughed, the smirk which was still urbane in appearance tainted by the cruelty of his words. "What makes you think for the barest of moments that your... 'situation' evokes anything but amusement from me?" He shook his head, "Surely you can tell by now that we aren't headed towards any... authorities."
NykolMisu

Cliff's soul stared at him. "I know that we aren't going to the authorities... And if we were, I'd be out of here before you could stop me.. They'll kill me after what I did." He sighed and curled up slightly. "Damn Moon... How are you going to change me back to normal?"
Jan the Verse

"Who said I was going to change you into anything?" Ramon asked in his quiet amusement. At least the boy was clever enough to catch on to the magnitude of his predicament. He'd let Cliff figure out on his own that he couldn't run without the body, and that he couldn't get back into the body without Ramon. Or, perhaps, another necromancer... but Ramon pretty much had the monopoly on that in this town.

"Tell me about the symptoms?" he changed the subject, a veil of sympathy draped over words intended not out of kindess but curiosity.
NykolMisu

"Not change me, but put... this part of me back in that part of me!" Cliff said, pointing to his body. His ears lowered and he sighed, curling up again. "The symptoms of the Moon?" he asked, glancing to Ramon. "They're.. strange.. hard to explain.. As it gets closer to the Full Moon, I feel the pulls grow stronger. Sometimes... I can't stop them... They.. take over my mind."
Jan the Verse
"I quite agree," Ramon replied simply. "Pity you don't have anything to offer. Unless there's something you're feeling too embarassed to admit, it seems we'll have to start the dissection as soon as we reach my home." He shook his head mock mournfully, "Mustn't wait... I do hope the effects remain to be investigated. It would be a real shame to destroy such a lovely figure for nothing."

He didn't really mean to make an immediate dissection. But Cliff didn't need to know that. If the boy was hiding something, however, now would surely be the time to spill.
NykolMisu

(( http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3499447/ <- Thought you might appreciate this.. x3 ))
"What?!" he yelped. "Di-Dissection?! You're ******** kidding me!!" he cried, panicy. "I-I'm a hybrid! I'm not a full lycanthrope! I don't know why the moon is affecting me like this!!" Oh Gods, he couldn't let his body be dissected! This guy was ******** crazy! "What do you want from me?!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff