Bon Voyage, Amigo.

-wave- 1 100.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 4 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 54 55 56 > >>

Beloved Champion

LEWMU! LEWMU! LEWMU!
User Image
LEWMULEWMULEWMULEWMU
                                The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked
                                enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air. – Wilbur Wright.

Welcome to Sky's the Limit, an RP originally created in June 2010 by -xx Cheshire D u S K and myself, with a bunch of inspiration
                                from the game Skies of Arcadia. As far as advanced literate RPs go, we're probably one of the most lax when it comes to word count
                                or paragraph count requirements. Image credits go to Zetallis at dA for the lovely banner piece, and Zerochan and Photobucket for
                                the geography and NPC characters. Graphics and coding are from my own sweat and tears, so please don't steal! This is basically our
                                version 2.1. No, we didn't crash and burn or have a great deal of people go on hiatus or anything. I just figured that since everyone's
                                been putting in their best effort, I'd do my best to make a layout befitting these amazing RPers. In any case, thank you so much to
                                everyone for sticking around for so long, and I am deeply honored to be hosting for such a dedicated group.

Oh, and a warm welcome to those looking to join in, as well as random lurkers! We are currently open and accepting, so get working
                                on those applications! Our ragtag crew needs all the help it can get.

LEWMULEWMULEWMULEWMU

User ImagemuUser ImagemuUser ImagemuUser Image

Beloved Champion

User ImageLEWMU!

User Image----START HEADER HERE----
                                                          CLOSER TO WHERE I STARTED
                                                          ...▆▆x c ӈ a s i n g...a ғ τ e r...y o ulewlewlew
                                                          lalala
                                                          lewmulewmuI'M LIVING FOR THE ONLY THING I KNOW I'M RUNNING AND NOT QUITE SURE WHERE TO GO
                                                          lewmulewmuAND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DIVING INTO JUST HANGING BY A MOMENT HERE WITH YOU
                                                          lalala
                                                          lewmulewmulewmulewmulewmulewmu ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

---END HEADER---

copy paste starting next line
                                                  ▆▆ turn of the century !x↗↗
                                                  LEWMULEWMULEWMU____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                  LEWMULEWMULEWMUI’M FALLING EVEN MORE IN LOVE WITH YOU , LETTING GO OF ALL I’VE HELD ONTO .
                                                  LEWMULEWMULEWMULEWMULEWMULEWMULEWMULEW▅▅▅▅▅▅mu▅▅▅▅▅▅mu▅▅▅▅▅▅mu▅▅▅▅▅▅mu▅▅▅▅▅▅mu

Welcome to Romalia, the most prosperous country in Aethe. Believe it or not, the polished gears
                                                        and steamy streets were not always a part of this island nation. Between the early to mid 1300's,
                                                        Romalia's scientists made a breakthrough in medicine, allowing more citizens to survive many of
                                                        the diseases that hindered the country. Most notably was a vaccine to the Sea Plague, which took
                                                        the lives of thousands of countrymen every year. Survival was a double edged sword for Romalia,
                                                        though. Because the island only had a limited amount of habitable regions, overcrowding became
                                                        one of the biggest issues up to the turn of the century. Perhaps because Romalians defied nature's
                                                        will of disease, they were to be hindered by life.

Romalians throughout the ages, though, have lived by the idea of challenging nature. Scientists,
                                                        scholars, engineers, and builders from the richest to the most plebeian walks of life banded together
                                                        to find a solution. No one knew at that point that they were going to change their country and those
                                                        far abroad, forever.

▆▆ the age of steam !x↗↗
                                                  LEWMULEWMULEWMU____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
                                                  LEWMULEWMULEWMUI’M FALLING EVEN MORE IN LOVE WITH YOU , LETTING GO OF ALL I’VE HELD ONTO .

Giles Rutherford Morgan was once a commoner inventor with an eccentric mind, but every Romalian
                                                        learned of his name in 1403, when he led the citizens’ efforts to mend the overpopulation issue.
                                                        Along with a small group of associates in the capital, Quovka, Morgan developed the use of steam
                                                        powered engines. Romalians figured the only way to prevent overcrowding was to build upward, but
                                                        builders did not have steady equipment to allow them to construct taller buildings. New equipment
                                                        in the steam movement allowed the buildings to shoot into the sky.

Though steam technology was originally intended for labor, Morgan’s study of steam power led
                                                        Romalia to an age of freedom and enlightenment. Ideas that the citizens once thought of as mere
                                                        dreams and delusions became possible. One of the most influential inventions during the age of
                                                        steam was the airship, which allowed Romalians to breech the vicious waters surrounding the island
                                                        nation in search of new lands and new lives. These flying machines became a symbol of freedom and
                                                        grandeur, and many dreamed of owning these massive vehicles. However, the government, its army,
                                                        and the extraordinarily wealthy generally owned these ships, and a commoner’s only way to the sky
                                                        was to serve on these ships.

▆▆ romalia's dilemma !x↗↗

One discovery made during this steam age was the Water Diamond buried far underneath the capital,
                                                        Quovka. Scientists discovered that Romalia was not anchored to the bottom of the ocean, but merely
                                                        floating dangerously along the Sea of Poseidon. The Water Diamond locked Romalia in place with
                                                        its mysterious magnetic pull, and a cavern was quickly placed under heavy security. This vulnerability
                                                        did not scare the Romalian citizens at all. After all, even the strongest group of sky pirates could not
                                                        penetrate the country's powerful defenses. Instead, it just allowed for a question to surface. How did the
                                                        Water Diamond get there in the first place?

Romalians thought themselves to be safe until, according to the sentries, a group of military mutineers
                                                        snatched away the Water Diamond. Romalia sinks gradually into the Sea of Poseidon every day. In
                                                        panic, Governor Cousetis declared the country in a state of emergency and drafted each available airship
                                                        to find the nation's most valuable treasure.

▆▆ hope in the skies !x↗↗

You've been drafted aboard the Calliope, the somewhat legendary commoner's ship. The Calliope is
                                                        a fourteen year old luxury airship led by a rather unqualified but lucky commoner. I've got to say, you
                                                        really got the short end of the stick. The ragtag crew comes from all over the known world and all kinds
                                                        of commoner and aristocratic backgrounds. If you weren't in a national crisis, it's a wonder that some
                                                        of you could stay in the same room as others. Yet, maybe hope can shine on this makeshift group.
                                                        Correction, maybe hope can take pity and send a bit of luck your way. Regardless, it's your mission, and
                                                        you can't screw it up, or Romalia and its enlightened age of steam will meet a watery doom.

Let's take to the skies, against all odds. It's time to fly.

Beloved Champion

User ImageLEWMU!

User Image----START HEADER HERE----
                                                          CLOSER TO WHERE I STARTED
                                                          ...▆▆x c ӈ a s i n g...a ғ τ e r...y o ulewlewlew
                                                          lalala
                                                          lewmulewmuI'M LIVING FOR THE ONLY THING I KNOW I'M RUNNING AND NOT QUITE SURE WHERE TO GO
                                                          lewmulewmuAND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DIVING INTO JUST HANGING BY A MOMENT HERE WITH YOU
                                                          lalala
                                                          lewmulewmulewmulewmulewmulewmu ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

---END HEADER---

copy paste starting next line
                                                  ▆▆ roleplay courtesy !x↗↗

All right, so this is pretty straight forward. First and foremost, follow the Gaia terms of service, since,
                                                        obviously, this RP is on Gaia and I don't want to get kicked off Gaia for misconduct. This means to
                                                        keep content at PG-13 level. Stray away from extreme, graphic violence, and no cybering. Seriously,
                                                        we don't want to see that. Also, this goes without saying, but be civil towards your fellow RPers.
                                                        Characters can be as mean as they want, but you can't. As usual, don't no godmodding, auto-hitting,
                                                        auto-dodging, or auto-killing. Don't kill off another character without the player's consent.

As far as obligations are concerned, please tell me if you're going to be leaving for an extended amount
                                                        of time (rule of thumb~ over ten-ish days). Also, please keep track of the OOC thread. This is where
                                                        all the announcements go, and where a majority of the plotting takes place. I am much more lenient on
                                                        giving extensions for people who post in the OOC thread, so please keep that in mind. I won't give you
                                                        this nonsense about staying in this RP forever and ever, since that's unrealistic, but if you are going to
                                                        leave, please let me know so I can open your position up and allow someone else to take your place.

Finally, don't steal the coding, graphics, wording, or plot (well, don't steal anything) from this RP. Refrain
                                                        from taking post formats as well.

▆▆ literacy requirements !x↗↗

Oh, hey, here's the literacy section that you've all been waiting for. We at Sky's the Limit do things
                                                        rather differently than most other RPs out there. Are you ready for this? Word/paragraph count is not
                                                        the biggest thing to worry about here. I know, -gasp- she's crazy! She's out of her mind!

If I had to put a price tag on this RP, it would be light advanced literate. We have an emphasis on
                                                        quality over quantity, and our word count minimum is only 350 words. However, this means I won't
                                                        let you slip through with shoddy grammar and character-building skills. You are going to have to know
                                                        how to develop a character, interact in character with others, and actually spell properly. If you don't at
                                                        least know how to do this, please leave. Well, you can still stalk, but please don't join us.

As far as posting frequency goes, just post whenever you need to. Since our word count requirement
                                                        is so low, I'm hoping for at least a post every week in the in character thread, but if not, every other
                                                        week. Do your best to post in the OOC thread more often than that, though.

For characters, we're using anime pictures. No photographs, please. Also, please decorate your posts.
                                                        It does not have to be incredibly elaborate, but at the bare minimum, use a picture and the character's
                                                        name. Finally, please don't use blinding colors like yellow, violet, or cyan as your main post color.

▆▆ application information !x↗↗

Now that we've passed the literacy check, you're probably wondering how you can join. The process is
                                                        pretty straightforward. Fill out the background check and post it in the OOC thread. If I approve, fill
                                                        out the profile application, then post that in the OOC thread. Since we've had problems with post-and-
                                                        run applicants, I will give you fifteen days to fill out the profile application. I can give you an extension,
                                                        but only if you have been active on the OOC thread. If your profile gets accepted, welcome aboard!
                                                        Get to posting and filling out relationships with the other players!

The application process is semi-competitive. If you are the only one applying for the spot, you
                                                        automatically get it. If two or more people apply for the same spot, then I will pick the best fit for the
                                                        crew. Good luck and have fun!

Beloved Champion

Beloved Champion

Beloved Champion

Beloved Champion

Beloved Champion

Holy crap, this thread is officially open. Th-thump, th-thump. >.<
...Woo?

Questionable Visionary

/steals virginity

Beloved Champion

KIDDD! < 33 HOSNAPS, YOU'RE IN MY THREAD IM SO HONORED AHHHHHH.

....So uh... hi! : D

Questionable Visionary

pfff, you`re welcome. |D /bow bow.
hm? isn`t this a remake.. ? where`s everyone? D:

Questionable Sex Symbol

KiD IC4RUS
/steals virginity

DAMMIT KID >8U.
i wanted to steal it.

Questionable Visionary

PFFFF -
well you`re only four hours late, bj. >U

Beloved Champion

lol Oh, I love you guys. < 333

Kid~ This isn't actually a remake, it's just a new layout and stuffs. I just restarted the OOC thread because we had about 1800+ posts on there, and it might be intimidating to people and all. Profiles and relationships got redone too because of random people who dropped. Yeaaah.

But yeah, this place has always been a bit quiet. I guess people are going places on Saturday nights though? I dunno.

Questionable Sex Symbol

sh-shaddup ; n;
i was at work D<

maybe we can peer pressure her into joining > u>
[ /whisper whisper ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items