Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Nerd

revolt carousel
THIS PLACE IS TOO DARN QUIET.
No one ever replies me. emotion_donotwant

/sulks shamelessly

Thanks for letting me know the profile codes are up? I'm working on mine right now? xd

Noob

LIBRAtion
Bahahaha sure.
I'm just being insecure. Because I'm afraid my message didn't go through or I might have said something offensive and I get worried, you know? ;-;

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Oh I'm here. Just trying to think of proper phrasing for my character's abilities. Its... rather difficult to explain without it seemingly having endless possibilities.

Witty Nerd

@revolt - It's fine. Everyone seems to have gotten it (or if they haven't, they will) and all's well that end's well right? smile

@demon - heh. I'm just trying to phrase mine in a way that makes my character's useless ability not seem all-powerful. X-x
( It does him as much good as knowing how he's going to die and not being able to avoid it and possibly die trying to stop 'one possible death scene'. )

Noob

[D-E-M-O-N]

Bahaha glad to kbow you're here, too.
Hmm well. Kinetic energy is a form of scalar energy - it's independent of direction. You can make it so that he can generate/augment, cancel out/diminish the effects of kinetics, but the limitation here would be that direction isn't within the scope of his abilitiy's influence.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
@LIBRAtion - I understand that all too well. XD Its always the "useless" powers that tend to get you in the most trouble ._.

@ Revolt - I considered that route a bit actually. I basically ended up setting limitations on his power. An object in motion stays in motion and vice versa. If energy isn't started, he can't manipulate it. There are ways around this however of course, but he is going to be an intelligent person. On top of that I did set... physical limitations on top of that. Kinetic energy can be transferred, so theoretically while he *could* shatter stone via increasing vibrations past a breaking point, he isn't simply going to increase the kinetic energy in say.. his arm and try to smash his way through it. That would be silly.

Noob

LIBRAtion

Well actually, I know I stated in the guidelines that we're not accepting lack of control as a weakness, for your case, I think it's fair to make an exception. Unless he practices a particular skill for a prolonged period of time, I don't think he'll be able to match up to a person with the identical ability who'd had it for all his/her life. For the strength, though, you could say that power mimicry provides a form of "ultimate defense" - when faced with an opponent of the same ability, they'd just cancel all the effects out.

These are just suggestions, obviously, I'm still leaving everything up to you. (:

Noob

Newton's First and Second Laws of motion, I see! XD Bahaha, sounds dandy to me. It's nice to know someone's been doing their research.

If you guys are concerned about the phrasing, just put things in a less eloquentand more layman fashion. You can edit stuff anytime, anyway. The profile's just there to give us an insight on your characters - it's the actual roleplaying that counts.

So yeah! Don't sweat over the profiles too much, yeah. (:

Witty Nerd

@demon - yeah pretty much ._.

@revolt - it's not so much as not being able to mimic people (which he can't, it's a 1 in 3 chance of him actually getting it to work, if he's lucky) as knowing what the other person is going to do to him beforehand, and knowing what the other person can do. ( Hence, he knows how he's going to die, but isn't able to stop it. )
I'm not sure if that counts as somehow being 'all powerful' because he knows what the other person can do, although it's not as if people are purposefully trying to hide their powers either, so I'm trying to tone it down as best as I can and add in a few cons to his power. ( It usually doesn't work because his ability isn't actually framed for mimicking other powers, when he does try to mimic other people's powers it makes him tired. )

Basically, you'll see it when I have the profile up. xd

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
@Revolt - I basically just thought of a wonderful loophole. And to quote "If the energy applied does not encounter another equal or greater force, the energy will continue along the designated path."

Simply stated, if he were to throw a ball and increase the kinetic energy, he would not otherwise be able to change its direction until a different force is applied. Just watch out for those damn bouncy balls. If he were to throw enough of them, he could probably take out an entire room with the randomly directed missiles.

Dodgeball anyone?

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
WOOT profile complete. *Changes to come later*

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'll post a teacher profile for class one, shortly.

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
@Dusk :O which class?!!?? Class two?!?!?! :O amg the suspense is killing me

Noob

I feel lazyyy.
Can I leave my profiles for tomorrow? emotion_donotwant

libra
Yeah, I read through - it makes sense.
Totally digging him so far. It's been a while since I've seen a truly good-hearted character. ;u;

demon
Damn. You make me almost regret dropping Physics. BAHAHA.
Dodgeball? Taylor gladly accepts the challenge.
emotion_dowant

dusk
Looking forwards to it. (:

Dapper Fatcat

6,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
[D-E-M-O-N]
@Dusk :O which class?!!?? Class two?!?!?! :O amg the suspense is killing me

Class one.

Quick Reply