Lucky Dingo
Argent Lune
Insatiable D E S I R E S
Legato Delarose
Serendipitous Coma
Seryn Nioreh
myst_riven

THE NUMBERS ARE IN!
                  With Seryn's submission the final number is given to the final person by default, which completes the picking process!
                  now... FOR THE RESULTS!

Target <--- [Giver]

1 - Sincere <--- [Chaeli]
                  2 - Dahlia <--- [Laoise]
                  3 - May <--- [Trip]
                  4 - Xavier <--- [Quinn]
                  5 - Luchesi <--- [Flynn]
                  6 - Quinn <--- [May]
                  7 - Nyelle'orn <--- [Midnight]
                  8 - Chaeli <--- [Ryuu]
                  9 - Midnight <--- [Devora]
                  10 - Trip <--- [Macoy]
                  11 - Elmo <--- [Luchesi]
                  12 - Christina <--- [Nyelle'orn]
                  13 - Flynn <--- [Macy]
                  14 - Laoise <--- [Xavier]
                  15 - Orel <--- [Christina]
                  16 - Jack <--- [Elmo]
                  17 - Macy <--- [Dahlia]
                  18 - Devora <--- [Jack]
                  19 - Macoy <--- [Sincere]
                  20 - Ryuu <--- [Orel]

Also, I'm a super derp and forgot to grab living places from everyone.
                  QUOTE ME WITH WHICH OF YOUR CHARACTERS LIVE WHERE!
                  Y'know, when I actually get the Housing post up.
                  DUN BE AFRAID TO ROOM UP WITH EACH OTHER!

Jeering Heckler

Suzuki Mine

A baker giving a gift to the mayor ha that should be fun.

Hilarious Genius

Insatiable D E S I R E S
Suzuki Mine

A baker giving a gift to the mayor ha that should be fun.

It's the other way around my deer

//Frolics aggressively

Jeering Heckler

Jom Snow

It's the other way around my deer

//Frolics aggressively

oh...DERP. xp
Well that still sounds really interesting o:
Thanks for clearing that up for me C:

Hilarious Genius

Insatiable D E S I R E S

Yeah, naw, it's kk

Romantic Hunter

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
xxx
          User Image
          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Female Problems"

How long had she been standing outside the bakery now? Possibly a couple of hours from the feeling in the air. Through the layers of winter clothing and the coat it was somewhat harder to tell, but the kisses she was getting on her cheek from the playful wind told her all she needed. Yeah, she had been out there for some time; staring hard and intently at the store across the street. Really, from the look on her face it was as if she were trying to psychically will it to do something. It came with the territory of looking like quite the street delinquent. Too bad for her that it wasn't enough to break the laws of reality and make the building make the first move. And yet she stood there, unmoving from her spot, her gaze unwavering.

The events leading up to this sad display started about two weeks ago. Maybe she had stayed up too late playing Guns & Explosions X: A Whole New World of Even More Guns & Even More Explosions, or maybe she had downed a few too many beers (not as hard as it sounds with this one). Either way she had gotten it into her head that holding a city wide Secret Santa event was a good idea. Those that knew her were well aware of her enthusiasm for teamwork and camaraderie. So she harassed her poor assistant until the thing was arranged, then sent out fliers and advertisements to get as many people in on this as possible. It wasn't until she had drawn a name herself that she realized something:

She was terrible at buying gifts.

So, after spending two weeks pacing back and forth and trying desperately to pull up anything she could about what normal women liked (at one point she was calling every pound and shelter in the city asking for pink kittens and puppies), she finally gave in and called up Eri. Between the two of them, her younger twin was much more knowledgeable of the behavior of human females. With his help she was pulled back from the brink of self-induced psychosis, and through a bit of common sense browsing she finally found something. On the chosen day she set out from her home, to which one can guess what's happened from there. From one thing to the other. No wonder folks tended to question how this public relationally awkward woman won office.

[******** it," she finally grumbled, breaking the silent staring contest with the building. After looking either way Chaeli walked with a purpose over to the other side of the street. "Jus' gonna drop it off with th' first employee I see 'nd gonna walk th' ******** 'way. Then I can dust my 'ands clean 'a this 'nd-" Just as she pushed open the door a familiar multi-colored head of hair was right before her. It would seem that Chaeli's luck had brought her right before her gift's target as she had been passing. There was a long pause on Chaeli's end; maybe in hopes that she could will the cosmos to make her poof elsewhere. Once more she was rejected, and for it she growled from the back of her throat. She was two seconds from turning and flipping the first table within reach.

"Bloody 'ell-!!" Chaeli visibly brought a hand up to stop herself from continuing her words, then quickly moved into a fake cough to try and cover it up. "I-I mean bloody 'ell, jus' th' chick I was comin' t' see." Oh yeah, super smooth right there. Per habit she reached up and pulled at the bill of her hat, her eyes flickering off to one side as she struggled to keep eye contact with Sincere. Damn, this was hella awk. "I've... got somethin' fer ya." Pulling a rectangular box from its place cradled carefully in the crook of her arm, she extended it out towards her. At the same time her eyes stopped their rapid exchange and focused on something unspecific off to the side. "I 'eard from folks 'round town that ya were int'rested in English, so I thought I'd get ya a book." Her volume dropped to a more internal level. "'nd I think it's bloody stupid 'nd I swear th' next time I see Eri I'm gonna fill 'is fabric box fulla paper moths fer this."

She didn't even wait for Sincere to take the box from her hands. Instead Chaeli just slowly placed it on the closest table, then started taking tentative steps backwards through the door again. "It's kinda a fav'rite 'a mine, so I 'ope ya enjoy it. I've gotta go 'nd... do mayor stuff... 'nd yeah... Ta." She lingered only long enough to give a little two fingered salute before turning and making off down the sidewalk. All the way back to the office she kept her hat pulled down and her hands in her pockets, but those passing her could easily hear the mantra she chanted like a warding spell.

"Never gonna do this s**t 'gain. Never gonna do this s**t 'gain. Never gonna do this s**t 'gain."

xxxxx» Sincere gained a copy of A STUDY IN SCARLET!

Quotable Lunatic

Derp. Totally forgot about the gift thing.
Haha.
Christina would have no idea what to get the Host.
x.x

Also Christina will take one of the studios in downtown for living.
She likes her own space.

Sweet Sage

Suzuki Mine

Ryuu will take an East Side studio.

Sweet Sage

User Image
User Image

Some might call Ryuu's gift a flat out threat; however, his response to such an allegation would be pure insult. Yes, maybe a painting of the mayor's building up in flames was a little violent, but, in his defense, he'd painted in before this stupid Secret Santa business. In fact, he'd just finished painting it when he got the flier telling him about the silly event. He had nothing to give Mayor Bothrin and no idea what the woman would like, so he went went with a gift from the heart--a picture of her office going up in flames on a brisk winter night. Such scenes were usual in the man's gallery. Public buildings in a state of ruin or in the process of being destroyed were some of the depraved man's favorite subjects.

"I'd like to have this delivered to the mayor," Ryuu announced smoothly, holding the newspaper wrapped canvas out to an assistant.

"A Secret Santa gift?" the worker asked.

Ryuu nodded.

"Great! Why don't you take it to her?" It wasn't so much as a question as a command as the woman practically flew out of her seat. Before Ryuu knew it, the woman was pushing him down a hallway towards the office. "Go on! Mayor Bothrin's office is right through there!" the woman urged before turning back to go to back to her desk.

Ryuu groaned. "Why I am even doing this?" he muttered. He wasn't really sure, but at least he hadn't wasted his time by putting any effort into the gift. He'd been working on his painting for awhile anyway, and was quite pleased with his work. The composition was beautiful, the colors were fantastic, and it was one of his best impressionist works. Still, he doubted the mayor would see things his way. What a shame it is when great art isn't appreciated.

The man made his way down the hallway and stopped for a moment when he got to the door. He only paused for a moment to knock on the door, announcing his presence before opening the door and inviting himself in. "Your Secret Santa gift," he explained, holding his wrapped masterpiece out to the woman. Maybe if he left as soon as she opened it, he could get out before she could call security.

User Image

Fallen Demigod

Suzuki Mine

Midnight has to give Nyelle'orn a gift. Hmm. /Sweats nervously.
Uh, She'll figure something out.

Midnight will take up residence in Apartment 1001, the Studio one in Downtown.
She enjoys her own space.
Suzuki Mine

Laoise shall claim the other Townhouse in the Eastside.

Secret Santa post is under contstruction
-I am le slow-
laoιѕe nonn ________________________cccccccccccccccccccc__________ в a d ѕ a n т a
          ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

User Image

Secret Santa wasn't Laoise's usual cup of tea. She didn't care to give gifts as much as she enjoyed receiving, but that was mostly because she didn't want to have to spend money on someone. Yet there she sat, lounging over a pile of scrap covered with a heavy, dense tarp, begrudgingly mulling over her options. Going out to the store to buy a gift was out of the question. Hell, it wasn't even on her radar. Really, anything that involved walking into another person's place of business and choosing an appropriate item was out of the question. Even if that item would be bartered for or stolen. It was a big no-no. Besides, nobody had anything that was better than what she had buried under a pile of junk. There was gold down in there somewhere, Laoise just wasn't about to go digging for anyone but herself.

Nonn rolled over, getting a new perspective in the process. She cast a lazy glance around the visible portion of the Yard. Hmm. . . . what to do? Apparently the woman she'd gotten in the drawing was a new chick. Like, brand new to Numbers. The suggested ideas from the staff of this event were all rejected by Laoise. Designer clothes? Hell no. Some new home decor pieces? Screw that. No, there were better things for a little chick to have than a couple of ugly, tasseled throw pillows. Things like pepper spray, a bag full of nails, or a set of screws taped to your knuckles for when you walk home at night. Laoise smirked, she was getting on the right track now. She slid off the tarp and dropped to her knees on the ground, leaning back against the heavy pile. After a few thoughtful strokes of her chin, Nonn's attention was drawn off toward her workshop. Now there's an idea.

Once up on her feet, Laoise strolled over the open hangar which had been converted to a chop shop, for lack of a better term. There were bins everywhere and Laoise was headed in one specific direction. She came up to one bin full of random bits and scrap and started scrounging around. The smirk she had on her face widened. This was a great idea. A practical gift was definitely the way to go.

Some time later Laoise was on her way to meet the new chick, Dahlia. It was a spur of the moment decision to have a meet and greet in public so Nonn could hand off the present. Well, it would be more like a hit and run really. She was already getting some curious looks from other pedestrians. That was to be expected considering she was holding something that could only be described as a blunt object wrapped up in heavy, brown paper, but it did keep the pick pockets at bay. Up ahead the meet up spot came into view and Laoise saw a girl who fit the chick's description. With a wide grin she approached, swinging the present up and resting it on her left shoulder.

"Dahlia, hey chicky." With a quick wave of her free hand, Laoise casually approached the other woman. In one quick motion she pulled the present from her shoulder and was handing it off to Dahlia. "Just so you know, I recommend breaking this in quick. It's multipurpose too. Home repair and home invader defense. Have fun and keep an eye out for leaky pipes. Sorry I can't stick around to see you hand out your first bashing, but duty calls. See ya later chicky." With the gift now in the other girl's hands, Laoise gave her a quick, friendly smack on the right shoulder before she turned and scampered off. She'd had to take time off work to go there and hand that off, and time taken off was money burned. With a quick pace, Nonn started back the way she came. That was surprisingly fun. Maybe she would sign up for this again next year, if only to help clear out her junk tool drawer.

____________________________ Dahlia has acquired an over sized, makeshift wrench

Jeering Heckler

User Image
User Image

Humming, slight singing, and a melodious voice could be heard from the Uptown Bakery. Sincere was Singing a soft melody that her grandmother often sang around the house, but never disclosed what the song was. All Sincere knew was that it was stuck in her head like red food coloring in vanilla cake.

'DING-DOOOONG'

Sincere looked up from her counter and brushed off the confectioners sugar from her hands."Oh hi Miss. Mayor." She looked a bit nervous, and sincere couldn't tell why. Cupcakes weren't exactly an anxiety triggering item. The bubbly bakery owner pulled out a small notepad and a pen 'click', she put the pen to the paper, "So what can I get for ya' today?' She didn't notice the parcel tucked under her arm, she was just honestly elated to have a customer today. It was going quite slow that particular morning. Suddenly the gift was extended towards her, and Sincere was thoroughly shocked. "For me...?"She honestly couldn't tell why the Mayor of all people would bring her something..then she remembered. 'OH SHIT.I forgot about that Stealthy Father Christmas thingy..'. She smiled and extended her arms to accept the gift, with a slight tinge of pink on her frosty white cheeks."Thank you so much! Quite a shock the Mayor is my Santa..." She was getting a bit of an enjoyment on how seemingly shy the gift giving was making her. She removed the lid of the box and her eyes widened 3fold. "Oh..My...LAWD" She had read The Sign of Four by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but not yet A Study in Scarlet which was all backwards. Before she could pop around the corner and hug the Mayor, which would have certainly made her uncomfortable, she was gone.

Before she could thoroughly come to terms with this great gift she remembered she had not yet delivered her gift.. hell she didn't even buy one. What on earth would you get a Comic Book aficionado. Sincere found them to be quite opposite in her tastes. She loved the literary works, Novels, maybe even audio books. But not since the age of 7 was she even slightly interested in Comics. So what to get the man?

After about an hour, she did the best she could with a tight budget. She walked a few blocks down to the near comic shop, decorative cake box in hand with the brightest and biggest ribbon she could find. Walking inside she located the shop owner and skipped merrily towards him. "HO HO HO! Merry Christmas" She didn't even realize she had her apron and hairnet on, she was so excited to get her gift to him. "So, I thought for a while like..hmm what to get a man i barely know..well actually i don't know you at all....and then i thought well all men like food right? ...Right? Is that sexist?" she did a awkward chuckle and placed the box down "Tadaa" Inside the box, was a set of 16 cupcakes with a variety of flavors ranging from Red Velvet to Coconut Coffee. Each had it's own detailed comic book character cameo such as Deadpool, Batman, Superman, etc. She only had Marvel and DC characters because honestly, those were the only ones she knew about. She matched the flavor to the characters.Batman was Lemon Meringue , Spider man was red velvet, Deadpool was cherry frost ..you see? "Well I gotta pop off back to the shop, please feel free to dig in or share or hog them all...i dunno..". She waved and scurried off back to the bakery in a hurry. There was an ordered placed for a 5 Tier Wedding cake..OOF

OH sweet Sincere delivered a variety of 16 comic themed cupcakes to Macoy.

Fallen Demigod

User Image
User Image

-◙ Some legends are told.
-◙ Some turn to dust or to gold.
-◙ But you will remember me.
-◙ Remember me for Centuries.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

Secret Santa, right. Midnight paced the isles of her favorite hole in the wall shop for something that Nyelle'orn might like. She ran a shop for odds and ends, so perhaps she'd like an oddity. Her nervous wandering did draw attention from the shop owner who kept a close and worried eye on her. Normally she was in and out, and a lot less unnerved. It probably crossed his mind to ask her what was bothering her, but Midnight was grateful he didn't. It would only make things worse. Attempting to get out sight, she headed for the way back of the where the the older dustier items were located. Finally starting to relax she dug into some of the bins, pulling things out that peaked her interest, or what she thought might peak Nyelle'orn's. When her target had been drawn she wasn't sure she had the know-how to even get the woman a proper gift; but as she dug through the bins she felt better about her chances.

Eventually she pulled out an old item, and turned it over in her hands; dusting it off a bit before holding it out for inspection. It was just strange enough that it worked for Midnight's intentions, and hopefully would somewhat please her target. Putting all the other things back, she brought the old thing up to the front counter and set it down, trying not to look pleased with herself. "It doesn't have a price tag, so I'm guessing it's been sitting back there awhile now." She said, pushing it towards the old man.
                                      "You aren't wrong about that, I forgot this thing even existed, and you want to buy it?" His tone suggested that he probably thought she had gone a little mad, but Midnight nodded firmly. "How much do you want for it?" There was a pause before he shrugged, and looked it over. The condition of it was good, it was just dirty. It was doubtful he'd let it go for less than fifteen dollars like she was silently hoping; but whatever the price, she'd happily pay it. "Twenty dollars?"

"Done!"
                                      She agreed, handing him a twenty and picking the object up. This was perfect, or at least she prayed it was. Midnight headed home to try and clean it up before presenting it to her. She spent a good hour polishing it, making sure it shined and looked new and another ten minutes wrapping it. Once satisfied that Nyelle'orn wouldn't be able to guess what it was just by looking at it, she headed for the Eastside where the shop was located.

It wasn't often that Midnight was here on anything else besides work. The place was shady enough, and even though she was off duty, she was drawing attention she didn't want. It took her awhile to locate the new shop, it still being a little too new to show up on her GPS, but now she had the location down. Just in case. Parking her Motorcycle, she headed inside, making sure she didn't get distracted by the things in the shops. She'd really like this place if it didn't have such an odd vibe in it...
                                      Midnight approached the counter where Nyelle'orn was waiting, and she extended to the gift to the woman. "Ah, Here's your gift." She started, the speech she had planed out dying on her lips so she improvised. "I wasn't sure what you liked, but I think or at least hope that I did alright. Anyways, I've got to go now but this is a nice shop. I'll be back later to look around. Bye now." Midnight backed away, then headed for the door. That was something she wished never to do again. Midnight made a note not to put her name in the drawing next time.

↘↘ Nyelle'orn was given a Gas mask.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀
◙ We'll go down in History
◙ You will remember me, remember me for Centuries.

-◙ Misery loves company: Nyelle'orn.
-◙ It's a game of cat and mouse: Odds & Ends.
-◙ Don't twist My heart: --.
-◙ Can you hear the war drums?: n/a

Romantic Hunter

10,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
May Down By the Bay
F e e l the D r e a d
Jom Snow
Lucky Dingo
Argent Lune
Insatiable D E S I R E S
Legato Delarose
Serendipitous Coma
Seryn Nioreh
myst_riven
Velvet Poppet

GUESS WHAT'S OPEN FOR BUSINESS!!

Yuuup, I've decided that I'm not gonna make you guys wait any longer, so I've opened up the roleplay for posting~!
                  Whenever there's a time skip there'll be a news post, which gives a kind of a basic setting prompt as well as some actual news within town and such. Black Book's a very observant individual, so if your character does something of high note on the borders of public view, you can safely assume that Black Book probably will make note of it in his next broadcast.
                  All you sneaky folks are safe - for the time being~

I'll be posting sometime within the next few days - since I've only finished one of my profiles like a scrub - so don't feel the need to wait for a post from me.

HAVE AT IT! D<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces