Welcome to Gaia! ::

psychotic geekie's Partner In Crime

Anxious Trash

Man, that's insane. I really hope everything works out ok. I'll cross my fingers and wish you luck. I hate it when life throws crap like that at you.

Shirtless Millionaire

I hate it when life throws up :C
Btw is on xbox if anyone feels like jumping in a party and chating
*CamaroGirl2010

psychotic geekie's Partner In Crime

Anxious Trash

Wow, sweet avi Metallic!

Dapper Hunter

Rabbit_L

I'm not really familiar with the Canadian legal/educational system and I'm afraid I won't be much help to you. D:

There's nothing quite like living off of ramen, eh? Well, if live gives you lemons. Follow the words of Cave Johnson.
Throw combustible lemons at Canada day. Seems logical to me.

Also to get ready for college. Don't pack too much. Don't be afraid to meet people. And most importantly, don't loose sight of your future. You must be dedicated to your major, if you are not. You waste both time and money. I see so many seniors that just throw their degrees away because they majored in something they discovered wasn't truly their passion. Also, if you will be undeclared coming into college, DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE. For the year you are undeclared and taking general education classes, often times do not match up to all majors and are wasted in the end.

Not to seem ominous. But it is a big undertaking.
Also keep this in mind. It is posted everywhere on my campus.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I chose social and good grades of course. XD
A Random Cat
Cave Johnson

Yuummm, acidic lemon grenade, I will follow his angry words of wisdom and post it on my wall.

Luckily I am not heading off to University of Toronto where you only have one choice out of three XD

THANKS FOR YOUR WORD OF WISDOM, raghff but what does undeclared mean
Is it similar to when people take something like a liberal arts degree in which they get all the courses they want for the sake of exploration?

Luckily I am not getting that lol, I will be crushed with sciences and calculus, although I do wonder if I will truly survive these - I was pretty tired of maths in my senior year D:

Actually, what does a liberal arts degree mean? In Canada we have something called Humanity or just an Art degree in which you have the luxury of taking many elective courses.
Xelyn_X13
KINDNESS

Dude thanks man, at least I supposedly have plenty of time to solve this issue, I guess I will just yell at them gain on monday so they can wake up from their coffee break.

Profitable Prophet

Rabbit_L

A liberal arts degree means you didn't know WHAT you wanted to major in in college! Lots of arts and sciences. Actually, I'm not really sure. But yeah, whatever >.>
I know that feel, too, man. I've had scholarship issues in the past due to grade reasons. I'm just now getting it back. Good luck, and begin punching life in the face rapidly after you through the combustable lemons at it.

Dapper Hunter

Rabbit_L

Undeclared isn't like a Liberal Arts Degree. XD It just means that you are stating that you do not have (not declaring) a major as of yet. People that want to college, but have no idea what they want to do there, typically enroll as undeclared. As someone that is undeclared, you take the most general classes that most majors (but not all) accept. Usually they place students in classes like basic history and English that fall under General Education.

A Liberal Arts Degree is an umbrella word for people that major in academic area, for example a Master's degree in American (or Canadian) History. Often people who attend a Liberal Arts college or receive a Liberal Arts diploma often become teachers or professors depending on their level of training.

That's weird that you call an Art degree a Humanity, because there is a field of study called Humanities but that's typically studies in social behavior and psychology. You Canadians are silly. biggrin

Where are you going to college, if you don't mind me asking?

Shirtless Millionaire

Man you guys make being a teacher sound lame :C

Dapper Hunter

Metallic Artist
Man you guys make being a teacher sound lame :C

OI! I never said anything about it being lame. Teachers are great! biggrin I just hate general ed. classes in college with a passion. They take up too much time.

Also. Is it bad that when you're drawing with paper and pencil, you think...EDIT UNDO and nothing happens? Story of my life.
Niiwa
money issue

Ugutug, I do not have any scholarships currently because of mark issues, and also because my university is being an elitist p***k that doesn't know how to pick the right candidates scream

Aside from that I only have savings that barely allow me to survive for one month. I feel kinda abandoned right now because my bio-dad is not answering s**t and the pricks from the loans office hasn't answered yet and I've been refreshing my email account every 30 seconds, end of emo rant

JDFLKASJFLKJS SORRY GUYS I'M JUST FRUSTRATED AND ALSO BECAUSE IT'S SUMMER

Also who's going after vinnieg
A Random Cat

What, people in the US can literally go to colleges without choosing a major? Sounds crazy to me. I mean, we Canadians are pretty picky about the prerequisites courses you get in highschool for the applied major because we don't have the SAT and their various subject exams.

Well, Humanities in Canada englobe a whole bunch of stuffs, it can range from politics to sociology to languages to psychology (which is also included in sciences) to human behaviour to philololosophy to all sorts of silliness. To become a teacher in Canada, one has to go to the teacher's college, major in that field and do a minor in their teaching subject.

I'm heading off to University of Mcgill in Montreal biggrin It is wayyyyyy better compared to the overly competitive and inhuman hell full of calculus-driven Asians that is called the University of Toronto. Besides, they have a lovely campus, and Montreal is cultural.

Montreal is purrfect aside from its hell-frozen winter

UGUUU

Dapper Hunter

Rabbit_L

If it's any consolation. My bio-dad hasn't payed a cent of child support since I was born and is also a Scientology fanatic (also suffering with severe paranoia). God help him. Don't feel too abandoned okay. smile

I used my art to pay for most of my college. If you get creative. I'm sure you can figure out a way to fix your money issue. Scholarships aren't everything. In fact it was my portfolio that paid for all of my college tuition and fees. There is hope my friend. You just have to use your brain.

Dapper Hunter

Rabbit_L

You and your double posts....

That actually sounds a lot like the American system (we just call them Liberal Arts Colleges...) As far as the regulations with SAT and ACT, America is pretty much doomed. Most times the people with the higher scores drop out of college within the first semester, while average score people graduate. Crazy.

Man I'd love to visit Canada. Winter I can stand. The 110F (43C) temp outside...urrrrghhh. I also want to pet a moose.

My campus (ETSU herp not as fancy as yours) is in the middle of the Appalachian mountain range. It's quite pretty there and the views from the mountain tops are very nice. The campus also stays quite cool because it sits in the valley of the tallest mountain in the range. We also have a large quantity of rabbits and squirrels on campus at all times.

I dunno...maybe you should go next, lazybones. XD
I feel like I should know more about this since I'm going to have to go through it soon...

@Cat
Jeezus, sounds like a really gorgeous college, I'd kill to go to school on a mountain. I'd think the drive would be a little hazardous though. As for the college drop-out thing, maybe it's because those with good grades are used to getting good grades without doing much, whilst those with average grades normally got used to working hard? Just a theory. Though I guess there's a lot of kids that work to get their good grades too :'D

@Rabbit
Sounds like hell D: I hope things start looking up soon.
Humanities in Canada sound a lot more interesting than humanities in America, it's mostly pep talks and public service from what I've heard.Do note though, I haven't had the chance to take it yet and this is mainly from what the teacher said about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff