Welcome to Gaia! ::

you guys want another bloopers' thread?

Yes! 0.28571428571429 28.6% [ 2 ]
Nah 0.71428571428571 71.4% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]

Desirable Smoker

I'm game with anyone who wants to do something with Mateo and Kara. And Yojii assuming he joins us. Speaking of which, I'd like to make the official name for Mateo crew the Abyssal Pirates, since apparently I'll be starting to recruit for the crew soon mad

I'm sure Enishi and Keirae will be meeting with the the revolutionaries next arc.

Original Phantom

Checkerboard_Muffin
So, um, I'm trying to think of a reason to keep Emmett from rushing off and catching up with Cecil's boat now that it made itself an obvious target...and has a damaged engine...I don't want to mess up anyone's plot, suggestions? >_>;;

The front of Cecils boat is damaged, the engine is completely fine. They can't really follow Cecil because Aegis's anchor needs to be lifted and it's sails rised before it can give chase (not to mention having a hole near water level.) And Cecil's boat was the only back up boat with an engine (since it is used for scouting). By the time they can give chase, Cecil is already gone

Dedicated Dabbler

Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin
So, um, I'm trying to think of a reason to keep Emmett from rushing off and catching up with Cecil's boat now that it made itself an obvious target...and has a damaged engine...I don't want to mess up anyone's plot, suggestions? >_>;;

The front of Cecils boat is damaged, the engine is completely fine. They can't really follow Cecil because Aegis's anchor needs to be lifted and it's sails rised before it can give chase (not to mention having a hole near water level.) And Cecil's boat was the only back up boat with an engine (since it is used for scouting). By the time they can give chase, Cecil is already gone

...But that's not really correct. Serenity has more than one boat with an engine on it because it's a large ship with a large crew. They need to have the ability to have multiple people mobile and responsive.

Keep in mind, because Serenity is Mal's ship, and Mal is my character, I've thought about what her ship looks like and what it has. Please don't make up stuff for Serenity before running it past me. Serenity has a very specific source of inspiration. I'm usually laid back with general layout of the inside of the ship, small things that don't matter like where rooms are, etc, but this is pretty big.

Also, you did tear a hole in Serenity without asking permission first. That was something I would have rather not have happened without prior planning. Especially because I've never imagined her ship really being wooden.

Your character has no viable way of escaping without being caught unless we all screw up our characters.

Demonic Shade

Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

...But that's not really correct. Serenity has more than one boat with an engine on it because it's a large ship with a large crew. They need to have the ability to have multiple people mobile and responsive.

Keep in mind, because Serenity is Mal's ship, and Mal is my character, I've thought about what her ship looks like and what it has. Please don't make up stuff for Serenity before running it past me. Serenity has a very specific source of inspiration. I'm usually laid back with general layout of the inside of the ship, small things that don't matter like where rooms are, etc, but this is pretty big.

Also, you did tear a hole in Serenity without asking permission first. That was something I would have rather not have happened without prior planning.

Your character has no viable way of escaping without being caught unless we all screw up our characters.
And that's not even counting that James does actually have the ability, when close enough, to actually wrap entire ships in seaweed to stop them in their tracks..... Just saying

Pesky Seeker

Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

Also, you did tear a hole in Serenity without asking permission first. That was something I would have rather not have happened without prior planning.

That and er, Emmett has Sky Walk, so he doesn't need the ship to be ready to sail.

Original Phantom

Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

Also, you did tear a hole in Serenity without asking permission first. That was something I would have rather not have happened without prior planning. Especially because I've never imagined her ship really being wooden.

I'm sorry, you're right, i shouldn't have done that. I apologise for that. i should have asked you first.

But i could have made Cecil just stab Elia, and then leave on a rowboat. Nobody would have heard and he would have escaped without anyone noticing. But i did it this way cause it was more dramatic this way. Please....Do not punish me for making things more fun to rp for everyone else crying

But go ahead. Kill or capture my character and thus the entire plan and point of him is rendered moot.

Original Phantom

Checkerboard_Muffin
Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

That and er, Emmett has Sky Walk, so he doesn't need the ship to be ready to sail.

He can try to catch up with Cecil, but Cecil might fry him from instinct. That could be pretty fun too though =w=

Original Phantom

Gleaxi
Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

And that's not even counting that James does actually have the ability, when close enough, to actually wrap entire ships in seaweed to stop them in their tracks..... Just saying

Wait, aren't seaweed's...U know, in the sea? It shouldn't work!

Pesky Seeker

Liiroy_Jenkins
Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

I'm sorry, you're right, i shouldn't have done that. I apologise for that. i should have asked you first.

But i could have made Cecil just stab Elia, and then leave on a rowboat. Nobody would have heard and he would have escaped without anyone noticing. But i did it this way cause it was more dramatic this way. Please....Do not punish me for making things more fun to rp for everyone else crying

But go ahead. Kill or capture my character and thus the entire plan and point of him is rendered moot.

It's not that the plot is bad, it's just that he's trying to escape from yonkos. I can't imagine they're easy people to get away from, and this may have worked out fine against any other group. They just have all their crazy powers and equipment, so escaping right away may not work out.

Original Phantom

Checkerboard_Muffin
Liiroy_Jenkins
Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

It's not that the plot is bad, it's just that he's trying to escape from yonkos. I can't imagine they're easy people to get away from, and this may have worked out fine against any other group. They just have all their crazy powers and equipment, so escaping right away may not work out.

Blackbeard escaped Whitebeard, man who could literally destroy the world.

Demonic Shade

Liiroy_Jenkins
Gleaxi
Excaplay
Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin

Wait, aren't seaweed's...U know, in the sea? It shouldn't work!
He doesn't have to be in the water to control it. He has complete control of any plant within a 100 yrds of him, regardless to where it is, on land or in water. Trust me if he wasn't a yonko he wouldn't have that kind of ability, but consider it a test of his strengths as he aged. It kinda like Aoji freezing the sea to travel. If his abilities worked on seawater then James' can work in it. Basically the only time sea water would affect James' ability is if he is directly touching the water himself.

Pesky Seeker

Liiroy_Jenkins
Checkerboard_Muffin
Liiroy_Jenkins
Excaplay

Blackbeard escaped Whitebeard, man who could literally destroy the world.

But Blackbeard knew how to fight, where Cecil has virtually no combat experience and is drunk off his face.

Demonic Shade

Checkerboard_Muffin
Liiroy_Jenkins
Excaplay

Okay, we need to come to an agreement that everyone can work with, so this argument doesn't drag on.

So, stating facts of what's occurring with each character.

Cecil is drunk, driving a damaged patrol boat and isn't far from shore yet.

Emmett is using Geppo currently in pursuit of the boat

Mal is currently still with Elia's body.

Lex is on board the Serenity, about to be notified about what has just transpired in the other part of the ship.

James, who I'm working on a post for as we speak, and Yoji are most likely going to follow after Mal shortly, after speaking briefly with Mateo.

So, we can conclude that is is unlikely Cecil will get away clean.

Now, I understand that you do have a plan for this character, Liiroy, and I respect that, but respectfully he isn't likely to escape on that ship.

So if he is caught, I will say that the players can not kill him without your express permission, as stated in the rules of the rp. But that doesn't mean we can't figure out some other way to get him off the island, though probably not completely unscathed.

How about we all put our minds towards figuring out how that would occur so we can continue to finish out this arch with grace?

Original Phantom

Gleaxi
Checkerboard_Muffin
Liiroy_Jenkins
Excaplay

Okay, we need to come to an agreement that everyone can work with, so this argument doesn't drag on.

So, stating facts of what's occurring with each character.

Cecil is drunk, driving a damaged patrol boat and isn't far from shore yet.

Emmett is using Geppo currently in pursuit of the boat

Mal is currently still with Elia's body.

Lex is on board the Serenity, about to be notified about what has just transpired in the other part of the ship.

James, who I'm working on a post for as we speak, and Yoji are most likely going to follow after Mal shortly, after speaking briefly with Mateo.

So, we can conclude that is is unlikely Cecil will get away clean.

Now, I understand that you do have a plan for this character, Liiroy, and I respect that, but respectfully he isn't likely to escape on that ship.

So if he is caught, I will say that the players can not kill him without your express permission, as stated in the rules of the rp. But that doesn't mean we can't figure out some other way to get him off the island, though probably not completely unscathed.

How about we all put our minds towards figuring out how that would occur so we can continue to finish out this arch with grace?

Hmm...I do have an idea. How about as soon as Emett gets close to Cecil and his boat, Cecil will panic. Since he is drunk, just became a devil fruit user, and panics, he will accidentaly create and explosion with his powers. Both him and his boat explode and Emmet is blown away, but aside from few minor burns is unscathed. Everyone believes Cecil died, but he has a massive stroke of luck and his body lands ona dolphin or a whale, and gets dragged away?

If him getting saved by a fish is too ludicrous, it could be some fishman or mermaid who thinks he is a drowning.

Demonic Shade

Liiroy_Jenkins

Hmm...I do have an idea. How about as soon as Emett gets close to Cecil and his boat, Cecil will panic. Since he is drunk, just became a devil fruit user, and panics, he will accidentaly create and explosion with his powers. Both him and his boat explode and Emmet is blown away, but aside from few minor burns is unscathed. Everyone believes Cecil died, but he has a massive stroke of luck and his body lands ona dolphin or a whale, and gets dragged away?

If him getting saved by a fish is too ludicrous, it could be some fishman or mermaid who thinks he is a drowning.

Which devils fruit did he acquire anyways? It sounds like some kind of poison logia by your description in your last post, but I want to make sure which one it is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff