Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor check in!

+1 1 100.0% [ 117 ]
Total Votes:[ 117 ]

Nation Prophetic
Oowl
Nation Prophetic

Of which, she will until she passes away or gets unelected. Did you hear that California is going to allow a vote to split California into six states? It's an 800,000+ threshold to put it on the ballot.

California six states.

Yeah, heard about that. I'm sure there won't be any problems that arise from that proposition at all. No sir.

Inevitably, they'll have to figure out a new infrastructure. However, it's cleared a major hurdle and I know a lot of Californians don't feel represented at all because of population increases in the major cities, so people in NorCal aren't even heard from in elections.

Thirteenth Prophet

Oowl
Nation Prophetic
Oowl
Nation Prophetic

Of which, she will until she passes away or gets unelected. Did you hear that California is going to allow a vote to split California into six states? It's an 800,000+ threshold to put it on the ballot.

California six states.

Yeah, heard about that. I'm sure there won't be any problems that arise from that proposition at all. No sir.

Inevitably, they'll have to figure out a new infrastructure. However, it's cleared a major hurdle and I know a lot of Californians don't feel represented at all because of population increases in the major cities, so people in NorCal aren't even heard from in elections.

I hear ya. Wonder if that'll be a trend set for the rest of the country.
Nation Prophetic
Oowl
Nation Prophetic
Oowl
Nation Prophetic

California six states.

God, I hope so.

Familiar Lunatic

Nation Prophetic

Splintering of States?

I'd like to say yes but in all honesty, I only see California being able to push it through and actually make it work. Just for the simple fact how damn much infrastructure is packed in the state. Gods, it's almost a country in and of itself.

I'd actually see them seceding before actually splintering though.

If they take Nevada and Arizona with them, then they get the power they need from the Hoover Dam and the rest of the powerplants on the Colorado River.

Thirteenth Prophet

count_zantara
Nation Prophetic

Splintering of States?

I'd like to say yes but in all honesty, I only see California being able to push it through and actually make it work. Just for the simple fact how damn much infrastructure is packed in the state. Gods, it's almost a country in and of itself.

If they take Nevada and Arizona with them, then they get the power they need from the Hoover Dam and the rest of the powerplants on the Colorado River.

Civil war 2.0? Yes please.

Familiar Lunatic

Nation Prophetic
count_zantara
Nation Prophetic

Splintering of States?

Civil war 2.0? Yes please.

Id like the idea but you and I both know that it'd be a war of wars, not bullets.

Federal govt would b***h and moan about the loss of tax base, the lower class would complain about the break in benefits such as foodstamps and whatnot until California set up the agencies to deal with it.

Feds would rent the current bases from the Californian govt but without the California taxbase, the military would have to be drastically shrunk and the two will be in court for the next ten years trying to answer the question if they actually can seceed or not.

Familiar Lunatic

I mean yeah Congress would fight it tooth and nail especially Californias congressmen because theyd be completely out of a job with the State Congress being the highest branch in the new land.

Heh....thatd be amusing.

The new powers of The Govenor would be daunting, id imagine at least at first

Thirteenth Prophet

count_zantara
I mean yeah Congress would fight it tooth and nail especially Californias congressmen because theyd be completely out of a job with the State Congress being the highest branch in the new land.

Heh....thatd be amusing.

I think you might be underestimating the volatility of the general populous. Suburbia is where you'd least expct people to start killing each other over food and water... But starve a man and his children and tell him his neighbor has food and water and suddenly whitebread, purveyor of mayonaise sandwiches last week becomes conan the goddamn barbarian this week. Drive people to desperation and the war would win itself. Id imagine a couple of drone strikes into the waterworks of the states major cities and suddenly you'd have a very thirsty, very hungry, very disgruntled population. People don't know how to take care of themselves in the ways that they should and most of them aren't prepared for a food and water shortage that would last a few days, much less a month or more.

Familiar Lunatic

Nation Prophetic
count_zantara

Heh....thatd be amusing.

I think you might be underestimating the volatility of the general populous. Suburbia is where you'd least expct people to start killing each other over food and water... But starve a man and his children and tell him his neighbor has food and water and suddenly whitebread, purveyor of mayonaise sandwiches last week becomes conan the goddamn barbarian this week. Drive people to desperation and the war would win itself. Id imagine a couple of drone strikes into the waterworks of the states major cities and suddenly you'd have a very thirsty, very hungry, very disgruntled population. People don't know how to take care of themselves in the ways that they should and most of them aren't prepared for a food and water shortage that would last a few days, much less a month or more.

Oh trust me, I get the worse case scenarios.

But would the Federal Government have the mandate for such actions on US soil is another story all together. Americans are a bit too complacent in our righteous on the freedom side of things to allow it to go that far. If any state actually does it canyou honestly say that any general is going to actually order troops into battle?

Dangerous Sex Symbol

...Any background check on me would be easy. I've been background checked like three generations already. xd

-doesn't really care and is playing Devil's Advocate-
            COCONUT OIL

ON

EVERYTHING

especially popcorn

Familiar Lunatic

Viice
            COCONUT OIL

ON

EVERYTHING

especially popcorn

You pervert.