Other!? 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 969 970 971 > >> >>> »|

Dapper Lunatic

10,825 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
I second that, sounds like a great idea.
Though with the memories, I agree with Sanutamar
there should be some form of connection so the characters
retain their familiar traits.

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Surviving Temptation
Added! Let me know if I’m forgetting anyone else on either side. I realize NBC in particular has many unnamed characters that I’m still working in collecting. I wasn’t sure if I should add Santa and company or not though… since that’s technically Christmasland?

Nightmare does have a lot of unnamed characters. . . And I agree that Santa and co. shouldn't be included. They aren't from Halloweentown, so they wouldn't go through the door and be spat back out by it.

Nightmare, these are just a few I know:

Behemoth
Corpse Family (Ned - dad, Bertha - mom, and Ethan - kid)
Mummy Boy
Cyclops
Devil
Withered Wing Demon
Igor
Mrs. Finklestein
Zombie Band (Jimmy - accordion player, Jim - bass player, James - sax player)
Mr. Hyde (the guy with all the little versions of himself in his hat)
Sanutamar
Surviving Temptation
About these doors...

What if between the doors something happened that caused those two worlds to literally purge themselves out and into the "real world". Like they essentially self destructed and tossed all of the characters into this new reality where they have no real memories or recollections of their pasts? Where they're now human and scattered throughout society?

Ooooh, that could work~ I like that! But the thing with no memories that I'm hesitant about is our experiences and such are what makes us. . . Who we are. It helps us interpret what we see and what we decide. So, like, would their natures change because they no longer have their memories or 'pasts'.

Hmm...

Well, they would still have their personalities. Oogie Boogie is naturally a bad person so that probably wouldn't change... so on and so forth.

The only problem with them keeping memories is that then you get stuck with the canon stories of Jack and Sally... which we could still do... but maybe spice it up? Maybe the human world changes the dynamic of everyone's relationship? I'm not sure though. That seems a little bit complicated.

Really, we just need to decide if they're going to have past memories of one another... or if we're going to start clean slate with that.

I guess the other option is that maybe when the purge kicked everyone out it gave them alternative lives and they've all just been living those ever since. As opposed to everyone having a weird amnesia about their past lives.

Is this making any sense?

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Yeah. . . I thought about all the canon crap, too. I mean, I love the stories; Nightmare is one of - if not - my favorite movies. I love the story, but in this instance it would sort of make things static and not as fun. We aren't trying to replay out these stories.

I mean, the deja vu thing may work. Just echoes of memories or feelings. Like, Jack would be uneasy/doesn't trust Oogie Boogie but it's just a gut feeling more than anything sort of thing. The Jabberwocky would gravitate towards the Red Queen kind of thing - he was her favorite pet and her 'ace' so to speak. I mean. . . I dunno. I really feel strongly about some sort of connection or recognition, but I also understand the need to gravitate away from the original stories.

Weird amnesia is weird. Lol. I'd rather not do the amnesia thing if it can be helped. It would add a certain level of complication if they started to remember, but there are funner ways to complicate this particular roleplay. Like the whole Romeo and Juliet thing and possibly a mole in one - or both - of the gangs.

I get you . . I think. It's like my whole time thing. An alternate timeline running alongside the original? Time is. . . Crazy. We could do something like that, I suppose. What you're saying is that when they got kicked, they retained their personalities and such but are living their lives in another timeline sort of thing?

xo maho's Secret Admirer

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
Love that idea! o v o but, also agree with Sanutamar to a degree. o: Won't they have some small things like deja vu or perhaps strange dreams/nightmares? Nothing like they KNOW who they were but, they just have an idea of some past life just out of reach?
Sanutamar
Yeah. . . I thought about all the canon crap, too. I mean, I love the stories; Nightmare is one of - if not - my favorite movies. I love the story, but in this instance it would sort of make things static and not as fun. We aren't trying to replay out these stories.

I mean, the deja vu thing may work. Just echoes of memories or feelings. Like, Jack would be uneasy/doesn't trust Oogie Boogie but it's just a gut feeling more than anything sort of thing. The Jabberwocky would gravitate towards the Red Queen kind of thing - he was her favorite pet and her 'ace' so to speak. I mean. . . I dunno. I really feel strongly about some sort of connection or recognition, but I also understand the need to gravitate away from the original stories.

Weird amnesia is weird. Lol. I'd rather not do the amnesia thing if it can be helped. It would add a certain level of complication if they started to remember, but there are funner ways to complicate this particular roleplay. Like the whole Romeo and Juliet thing and possibly a mole in one - or both - of the gangs.

I get you . . I think. It's like my whole time thing. An alternate timeline running alongside the original? Time is. . . Crazy. We could do something like that, I suppose. What you're saying is that when they got kicked, they retained their personalities and such but are living their lives in another timeline sort of thing?

Essentially I think it works smoother if after the purge they all wake up and they have "synthetic memories" of the lives that they've been living. As opposed to waking up one day and not remembering anything but being forced to start a new life in the human world. Essentially the universe has thrown them all into a giant witness protection program. haha wink

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Surviving Temptation
Essentially I think it works smoother if after the purge they all wake up and they have "synthetic memories" of the lives that they've been living. As opposed to waking up one day and not remembering anything but being forced to start a new life in the human world. Essentially the universe has thrown them all into a giant witness protection program. haha wink

Ahhhh, I get you now. That could work out quite well then! 3nodding Part of me wants to ask why those memories are there and the other part knows I'm gonna over complicate things if I dig too deep into it. Lol

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm laughing so hard at the fact there are now 34 to choose from Nightmare, and only 16 from Wonderland. Soooo, I'm gonna give a list of the few I remember from Alice in Wonderland. . . Not that it'll help much, but hey. xD

The Bandersnatch
The Dodo
Bill the Lizard
The Pigeon/Mother Bird (the one that freaks out thinking Alice is a snake)
The Walrus
The Carpenter
Edit;;
JubJub Bird
Sanutamar
Surviving Temptation

Ahhhh, I get you now. That could work out quite well then! 3nodding Part of me wants to ask why those memories are there and the other part knows I'm gonna over complicate things if I dig too deep into it. Lol

Yeah... I wouldn't over think it too much. haha

I've been working on the Alice in Wonderland list... I couldn't decide what Alice in Wonderland we were going with though. haha

Probably put a white queen on the list as well... She was technically a through the looking glass character... but so were the tweedles....

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Surviving Temptation
Sanutamar
Surviving Temptation

Yeah... I wouldn't over think it too much. haha

I've been working on the Alice in Wonderland list... I couldn't decide what Alice in Wonderland we were going with though. haha

Probably put a white queen on the list as well... She was technically a through the looking glass character... but so were the tweedles....

I do tend to do that. . . Overthinking, that is.

Well. . . Through the Looking Glass is the sequel to Alice in Wonderland. And the characters from the first one are in the second, I thought? I still need to read Through the Looking Glass.

The Bandersnatch, Jabberwock, and JubJub Bird I got from the. . . Poem? "Jabberwocky" whiccchhhh was a poem in Through the Looking Glass. Lmfao. If you include the White Queen, then you might want to put some of her knights like you did with the cards.

Editt;; But would that mean there are three gangs, then?? Would the White Queen be the other leader? But she wasn't allowed to harm a living thing. . . So, eh, nevermind.
Sanutamar
[

Well. . . Through the Looking Glass is the sequel to Alice in Wonderland. And the characters from the first one are in the second, I thought? I still need to read Through the Looking Glass.

The Bandersnatch, Jabberwock, and JubJub Bird I got from the. . . Poem? "Jabberwocky" whiccchhhh was a poem in Through the Looking Glass. Lmfao. If you include the White Queen, then you might want to put some of her knights like you did with the cards.

Editt;; But would that mean there are three gangs, then?? Would the White Queen be the other leader? But she wasn't allowed to harm a living thing. . . So, eh, nevermind.

I suspect you are correct about the knights.

I guess that's kind of a cool aspect of this roleplay... it leaves a lot of room for what are pretty much complete original characters without any former personality traits to bind them. So people can join even if they don't feel like they're suited to play one of the remaining canons. biggrin

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Surviving Temptation
Sanutamar

I suspect you are correct about the knights.

I guess that's kind of a cool aspect of this roleplay... it leaves a lot of room for what are pretty much complete original characters without any former personality traits to bind them. So people can join even if they don't feel like they're suited to play one of the remaining canons. biggrin

Hmmm, this is true. But also because of her original personality - if people so chose - she could also be the chief at the police station/part of the DEA or something. That would be an opposing force on the opposite side of the gangs but still be involved. *debating now* Lol

But okay, wait. The gangs aren't the main plotline. What IS the main plotline?? Do we have any ideas beyond just throwing them into the real world and seeing what happens?
Sanutamar

Hmmm, this is true. But also because of her original personality - if people so chose - she could also be the chief at the police station/part of the DEA or something. That would be an opposing force on the opposite side of the gangs but still be involved. *debating now* Lol

But okay, wait. The gangs aren't the main plotline. What IS the main plotline?? Do we have any ideas beyond just throwing them into the real world and seeing what happens?

Well, That's what we're here to discuss.

We can either develop a main story line or we can allow it to just run and function as a more typical neighborhood roleplay where the main focus is just on the character relationships and drama.

Plotting between characters will be key though.

Haseo Gentsu's Queen

Man-Hungry Vampire

13,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Surviving Temptation
Sanutamar

Well, That's what we're here to discuss.

We can either develop a main story line or we can allow it to just run and function as a more typical neighborhood roleplay where the main focus is just on the character relationships and drama.

Plotting between characters will be key though.

Lol. We kind of digressed a bit.

No but uhhh. . . Yeah, not sure what other plotline there would be with this sort of thing. Not unless we want to throw in something like. . . I dunno. Government oppression or something and rebellion. I am the wrong person for real world plots like this. xD
Okay, so everyone continue to throw out ideas... but here's one I just came up with.

Instead of just two behind the scenes opposing sides what if there were multiple (Game of Thrones Style) opposing sides all trying to take claim of this small town for the best way that they see fit.

Red Queen -vs- White Queen -vs- Oogie Boogie -vs- Jack ?

Maybe not four groups... maybe not even those characters... but something along those lines.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff